Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications981 found, 100 shown here
- Saito T, Miura D, Taguchi M, Takeshita A, Miyakawa M, Takeuchi Y. Coincidence of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2A with acromegaly. Am J Med Sci. 2010;340:329-31 pubmed publisher..Although the simultaneous occurrence of both MEN2A and sporadic acromegaly may be accidental, there is evidence to suggest a genetic interaction between MEN2 and acromegaly...
- Nakabayashi K, Trujillo A, Tayama C, Camprubí C, Yoshida W, Lapunzina P, et al. Methylation screening of reciprocal genome-wide UPDs identifies novel human-specific imprinted genes. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:3188-97 pubmed publisher..These three genes are biallelically expressed in mice due to lack of differential methylation, suggesting that these genes have become imprinted after the divergence of mouse and humans. ..
- Ishida M, Sekine S, Fukagawa T, Ohashi M, Morita S, Taniguchi H, et al. Neuroendocrine carcinoma of the stomach: morphologic and immunohistochemical characteristics and prognosis. Am J Surg Pathol. 2013;37:949-59 pubmed publisher..03). Although gastric NECs exhibit significant morphologic diversity, their histologic subclassification is unlikely to be of immediate clinical relevance. ..
- Kawano H, Kawamura K, Ishijima M, Hayashi T, Abe K, Kawai K, et al. Myocardial fragmentation associated with disruption of the Z-band in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in Noonan syndrome. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2016;25:329-332 pubmed publisher..Myocardial fragmentation associated with Z-band disruption may be related to the progression of cardiac dysfunction. ..
- Yoshida K, Kawase T. Trigeminal neurinomas extending into multiple fossae: surgical methods and review of the literature. J Neurosurg. 1999;91:202-11 pubmed..In 12 of 13 cases involving multiple fossae in this series, total tumor removal was achieved using single-stage skull base surgery. ..
- Tani S, Isoshima A, Nagashima Y, Tomohiko Numoto R, Abe T. Laminoplasty with preservation of posterior cervical elements: surgical technique. Neurosurgery. 2002;50:97-101; discussion 101-2 pubmed..Our new technique of cervical laminoplasty preserves the posterior musculature and bony elements. This new procedure also helps maintain correct spinal alignment. ..
- Ohnuma T, Shibata N, Matsubara Y, Sato S, Yamashina M, Arai H. No genetic association between polymorphisms in the Fyn kinase gene and age of schizophrenic onset. Neurosci Lett. 2003;343:70-2 pubmed..The present study reports that there is no indication that the three polymorphisms in the Fyn gene are associated with the age of schizophrenic onset. ..
- Yoshino O, Osuga Y, Koga K, Hirota Y, Yano T, Tsutsumi O, et al. Upregulation of interleukin-8 by hypoxia in human ovaries. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2003;50:286-90 pubmed
- Maehara T, Nariai T, Arai N, Kawai K, Shimizu H, Ishii K, et al. Usefulness of [11C]methionine PET in the diagnosis of dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor with temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2004;45:41-5 pubmed..The higher labeling index was not related to high MET uptake based on the SUV (p = 0.91) and L/C ratio (p = 0.38). Negative MET uptake in benign temporal lobe tumors with TLE is consistent with a preoperative diagnosis of DNET. ..
- Ohtani T, Iwanami A, Kasai K, Yamasue H, Kato T, Sasaki T, et al. Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms in victims of Tokyo subway attack: a 5-year follow-up study. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2004;58:624-9 pubmed..A significant correlation between the total score of Impact of Event Scale-Revised (IES-R) and CAPS was found, indicating that IES-R is a useful tool for evaluating PTSD. ..
- Kanai K, Asano K, Watanabe S, Kyo Y, Suzaki H. Epinastine hydrochloride antagonism against interleukin-4-mediated T cell cytokine imbalance in vitro. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2006;140:43-52 pubmed..The present results strongly suggest that EP, a second-generation H1 receptor antagonist, interferes with IL-4-activated signaling in CD4+ T cells and results in favorable modification of the allergic disease state or conditions. ..
- Peng D, Kanai Y, Sawada M, Ushijima S, Hiraoka N, Kitazawa S, et al. DNA methylation of multiple tumor-related genes in association with overexpression of DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) during multistage carcinogenesis of the pancreas. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:1160-8 pubmed
- Asaba K, Tojo A, Onozato M, Kinugasa S, Miyazaki H, Miyashita K, et al. Long-term renal prognosis of IgA nephropathy with therapeutic trend shifts. Intern Med. 2009;48:883-90 pubmed..Treatment with renin-angiotensin system inhibitors showed the greatest improvement of 20-year renal survival in IgA nephropathy patients. Steroid therapy achieved complete remission in some early-stage cases. ..
- Fukagawa T, Gotoda T, Oda I, Deguchi Y, Saka M, Morita S, et al. Stenosis of esophago-jejuno anastomosis after gastric surgery. World J Surg. 2010;34:1859-63 pubmed publisher..Endoscopic examination and treatment yielded favorable outcomes in patients complaining of dysphagia after gastric surgery. ..
- Miyato H, Kitayama J, Ishigami H, Kaisaki S, Nagawa H. Loss of sympathetic nerve fibers around intratumoral arterioles reflects malignant potential of gastric cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011;18:2281-8 pubmed publisher..Loss of periarteriolar SNF is associated with aggressive phenotype of gastric cancer possibly through enhanced angiogenesis and thus could be a useful marker to predict the clinical outcome. ..
- Matsuo Y, Uemura A, Nakano T, Inoue M, Sakamoto T. Atypical presentation of acute macular neuroretinopathy with tiny parafoveal reddish-brown lesions. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2011;55:362-364 pubmed publisher..Acute macular neuroretinopathy may present with tiny paracentral lesions difficult to detect with fundus examination, and may be associated with recurrent lesions either in the same eye or the fellow eye. ..
- Tareque M, Ikeda N, Koshio A, Hasegawa T. Vignettes and differential health reporting: results from the Japanese World Health Survey. Cad Saude Publica. 2017;33:e00091216 pubmed publisher..Doctors and other health care workers should be careful when assessing severity of health problems in older individuals; in this population, health problems may be more severe than reported. ..
- Kiba T, Tsuda H, Pairojkul C, Inoue S, Sugimura T, Hirohashi S. Mutations of the p53 tumor suppressor gene and the ras gene family in intrahepatic cholangiocellular carcinomas in Japan and Thailand. Mol Carcinog. 1993;8:312-8 pubmed..Therefore, in contrast to the ras oncogenes, mutation of the p53 gene was frequently involved in the development of CCCs in both Japanese and Thai patients, irrespective of any difference in etiology. ..
- Matsuura M, Ohno K, Michi K, Egawa K. Clinicoanatomic study on the craniofacial bones used for cranio- and maxillofacial implants. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2002;17:121-9 pubmed..8 mm, and the mean width was 8.3 mm. Useful data have been obtained for the selection of the placements sites, direction, length, and external diameter of cranio- and maxillofacial implants. ..
- Watanabe H, Iwase H, Sugitani M. Inflammatory polyps in common bile duct caused by T-tube. Hepatogastroenterology. 2002;49:894-6 pubmed..We describe two patients who formed inflammatory polyps at the side holes of T-tubes. It seems advisable to remove T-tubes as soon as it is appropriate. New designs and materials may also help avert these lesions...
- Nonaka H, Akima M, Hatori T, Nagayama T, Zhang Z, Ihara F. The microvasculature of the cerebral white matter: arteries of the subcortical white matter. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2003;62:154-61 pubmed
- Numabe A, Ogata A, Abe M, Takahashi M, Kono K, Arakawa M, et al. [A case of pseudo-Bartter's syndrome induced by long-term ingestion of furosemide delivered orally through health tea]. Nihon Jinzo Gakkai Shi. 2003;45:457-63 pubmed..We conclude that is a case of pseudo-Bartter's syndrome that was caused by long-term ingestion of the health tea supplemented illegally with furosemide, and suspect that such cases may be observed more frequently than currently thought. ..
- Satoh T, Pandey J, Okazaki Y, Yasuoka H, Kawakami Y, Ikeda Y, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphisms of the inflammatory cytokine genes in adults with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura. Br J Haematol. 2004;124:796-801 pubmed..02 and P < 0.001, respectively). These findings suggest that the SNP located at TNF-beta (+252) contributes to susceptibility to chronic ITP by controlling the autoreactive B-cell responses to platelet membrane glycoproteins. ..
- Ikeda A, Sakimoto T, Shoji J, Sawa M. Expression of alpha- and beta-defensins in human ocular surface tissue. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2005;49:73-8 pubmed..We concluded that HNP 1-3 and hBD-1 are constitutively expressed in the ocular surface. However, hBD-2 may or may not be expressed, depending on the stage of ocular surface diseases. ..
- Suzuki K, Ohida T, Kaneita Y, Yokoyama E, Uchiyama M. Daytime sleepiness, sleep habits and occupational accidents among hospital nurses. J Adv Nurs. 2005;52:445-53 pubmed..It is possible that occupational policies and health promotion measures, such as a provision of sleep hygiene advice and social support at worksites, would be effective in preventing occupational accidents among hospital nurses. ..
- Hori K, Soejima K, Nozaki M, Sakurai H, Takeuchi M, Yamaki T, et al. Treatment of facial angiofibroma of tuberous sclerosis using cultured epithelial autografts. Ann Plast Surg. 2006;57:415-7 pubmed..In some patients, some pebbly regrowth had occurred at 5 years postoperatively, but the appearance was quite acceptable...
- Hasegawa M, Arai T, Akiyama H, Nonaka T, Mori H, Hashimoto T, et al. TDP-43 is deposited in the Guam parkinsonism-dementia complex brains. Brain. 2007;130:1386-94 pubmed..These results suggest that accumulation of TDP-43 is a common process in certain neurodegenerative disorders, including FTLD-U, ALS and G-PDC. ..
- Yoshikawa Y, Nakayama T, Saito K, Hui P, Morita A, Sato N, et al. Haplotype-based case-control study of the association between the guanylate cyclase activator 2B (GUCA2B, Uroguanylin) gene and essential hypertension. Hypertens Res. 2007;30:789-96 pubmed..0001) or the NT2 group (p<0.0001). These results suggest that the C-A haplotype and the C-A-G haplotype of the GUCA2B gene are the genetic markers for EH, and that GUCA2B or a neighboring gene might be a susceptibility gene for EH. ..
- Tadokoro H, Shigihara T, Ikeda T, Takase M, Suyama M. Two distinct pathways of p16 gene inactivation in gallbladder cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:6396-403 pubmed..Homozygous deletion, a combination of LOH and promoter hypermethylation, and multiple LOH are major mechanisms of p16 inactivation in gallbladder cancer. ..
- Inoue K, Matsumoto M, Miyoshi Y, Kobayashi Y. Elevated liver enzymes in women with a family history of diabetes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008;79:e4-7 pubmed publisher..In particular, elevated GGT was related to FHDM, independent of the other variables. Elevated liver enzymes, probably due to fat deposition in the liver, may play a role in increasing the risk of diabetes in individuals with FHDM. ..
- Hayashi S, Takayama T, Masuda H, Kochi M, Ishii Y, Matsuda M, et al. Bioresorbable membrane to reduce postoperative small bowel obstruction in patients with gastric cancer: a randomized clinical trial. Ann Surg. 2008;247:766-70 pubmed publisher..29.7%; P = 0.722). Seprafilm did not adversely affect bowel, liver, or renal functions. The use of Seprafilm does not significantly reduce the incidence of small bowel obstruction in patients undergoing gastrectomy for gastric cancer. ..
- Sawauchi S, Abe T. The effect of haematoma, brain injury, and secondary insult on brain swelling in traumatic acute subdural haemorrhage. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2008;150:531-6; discussion 536 pubmed publisher..Given our findings, it is possible that the poor outcome of ASDH patients depends not only on the characteristics of the haematoma itself, but also on the presence of additional cerebral parenchymal injury and secondary insult. ..
- Kobayashi Y, Tobinai K, Takeshita A, Naito K, Asai O, Dobashi N, et al. Phase I/II study of humanized anti-CD33 antibody conjugated with calicheamicin, gemtuzumab ozogamicin, in relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukemia: final results of Japanese multicenter cooperative study. Int J Hematol. 2009;89:460-469 pubmed publisher..Remission lasted longer in a subset of patients than in non-Japanese patients in earlier studies. Further studies of this agent are warranted to establish standard therapy. ..
- Yamagishi Y, Saito H, Ebinuma H, Kikuchi M, Ojiro K, Kanamori H, et al. A new prognostic formula for adult acute liver failure using computer tomography-derived hepatic volumetric analysis. J Gastroenterol. 2009;44:615-23 pubmed publisher..The CTLV/SLV ratio is a very useful marker for predicting the prognosis of adult ALF. Our prognostic formula including only the CTLV/SLV ratio and TB is simple and useful and awaits validation in a future larger-scale prospective study. ..
- Miyamura F, Kako S, Yamagami H, Sato K, Sato M, Terasako K, et al. Successful treatment of young-onset adult T cell leukemia/lymphoma and preceding chronic refractory eczema and corneal injury by allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:397-401 pubmed publisher..Changes in the immunological condition after HSCT might play a key role. Special attention is needed when HTLV-1 carriers develop eye or skin lesions. ..
- Kakuda W, Abo M, Kobayashi K, Momosaki R, Yokoi A, Fukuda A, et al. Low-frequency repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation and intensive occupational therapy for poststroke patients with upper limb hemiparesis: preliminary study of a 15-day protocol. Int J Rehabil Res. 2010;33:339-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our 15-day protocol of low-frequency rTMS combined with intensive OT seems feasible not only for improving motor function, but also for reducing spasticity in the affected upper limb in post stroke hemiparetic patients. ..
- Mizukami H, Hara S, Kobayashi M, Mori S, Kuriiwa F, Fukunaga T. An autopsy case of bilateral adrenal pheochromocytoma-associated cerebral hemorrhage. Leg Med (Tokyo). 2013;15:91-5 pubmed publisher..Bilateral adrenal pheochromocytoma may have excessively secreted catecholamine and subsequently caused secondary hypertension, leading to cerebral hemorrhage. ..
- Tamura N, Tsuda H, Yoshida M, Hojo T, Akashi Tanaka S, Kinoshita T, et al. Clinicopathological predictive factors for ipsilateral and contralateral events following initial surgery to treat ductal carcinoma in situ. Breast Cancer. 2016;23:510-8 pubmed publisher..The local recurrence rate was low following partial resection of DCIS. Younger age was a risk factor for IBTR, whereas the HR+/HER2- tumor subtype and a FH of breast cancer were risk factors for CBTR. ..
- Anzai H, Hata K, Kishikawa J, Ishii H, Nishikawa T, Tanaka T, et al. Clinical pattern and progression of ulcerative proctitis in the Japanese population: a retrospective study of incidence and risk factors influencing progression. Colorectal Dis. 2016;18:O97-O102 pubmed publisher..A younger age of disease onset was associated with disease extension. Extension of proctitis may be associated with an increased risk of colorectal cancer. ..
- Tamura K, Kawai Y, Kiguchi T, Okamoto M, Kaneko M, Maemondo M, et al. Efficacy and safety of febuxostat for prevention of tumor lysis syndrome in patients with malignant tumors receiving chemotherapy: a phase III, randomized, multi-center trial comparing febuxostat and allopurinol. Int J Clin Oncol. 2016;21:996-1003 pubmed..Febuxostat demonstrated an efficacy and safety similar to allopurinol in patients with malignant tumors receiving chemotherapy. http://www.clinicaltrials.jp ; Identifier: JapicCTI-132398. ..
- Tsujimura K, Shirakawa H, Tokumoto T, Endou M, Wakai S, Ishida H, et al. Utility of the Japanese Glomerular Filtration Rate Equation in Estimating Glomerular Filtration Rate of Donor Kidney. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:734-7 pubmed publisher..8 (8.7%). Although the eGFR correlated with the mGFR, the eGFR values did not accurately estimate the mGFR in living kidney donors. Therefore, it is necessary to evaluate the mGFR, especially in marginal kidney donors. ..
- Yamanaka K, Kakuta Y, Nakazawa S, Kato T, Abe T, Imamura R, et al. Induction Immunosuppressive Therapy With Everolimus and Low-Dose Tacrolimus Extended-Release Preserves Good Renal Function at 1 Year After Kidney Transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:781-5 pubmed publisher..02). Use of the present therapeutic strategy successfully maintained the trough of each drug at a lower level, and it also kept renal function stable up to 1 year after transplantation. ..
- Nakagawa K, Aoki Y, Tago M, Terahara A, Ohtomo K. Megavoltage CT-assisted stereotactic radiosurgery for thoracic tumors: original research in the treatment of thoracic neoplasms. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000;48:449-57 pubmed..The aim of the study was to evaluate the efficacy of stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) for thoracic tumors with megavoltage computed tomography (MVCT) from the point of view of symptom palliation as well as local control...
- Shiokawa D, Tanuma S. Characterization of human DNase I family endonucleases and activation of DNase gamma during apoptosis. Biochemistry. 2001;40:143-52 pubmed
- Okada S, Ebihara Y, Kudo M, Serizawa H, Shimizu T, Otani M, et al. Scratch cytologic findings on surgically resected solitary fibrous tumors of the pleura. Acta Cytol. 2001;45:372-80 pubmed..To ascertain the cytologic characteristics of solitary fibrous tumors of the pleura (SFTPs) on smear preparations...
- Fukuma M, Okita H, Hata J, Umezawa A. Upregulation of Id2, an oncogenic helix-loop-helix protein, is mediated by the chimeric EWS/ets protein in Ewing sarcoma. Oncogene. 2003;22:1-9 pubmed..In the present study, we suggest that Id2 is a target of the chimeric proteins and that the c-myc/Id2 pathway plays a pivotal role in the tumorigenic processes provoked by EWS/ets proteins. ..
- Watanabe R, Ishibashi T, Saitoh Y, Shichishima T, Maruyama Y, Enomoto Y, et al. Bernard-soulier syndrome with a homozygous 13 base pair deletion in the signal peptide-coding region of the platelet glycoprotein Ib(beta) gene. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2003;14:387-94 pubmed..The molecular defects of this family would help understand the relevance of GPIb(beta) for complex formation of the glycoprotein Ib/IX/V receptor. ..
- Asano H, Muneta T, Ikeda H, Yagishita K, Kurihara Y, Sekiya I. Arthroscopic evaluation of the articular cartilage after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a short-term prospective study of 105 patients. Arthroscopy. 2004;20:474-81 pubmed..The status of articular cartilage was significantly worsened after ACL reconstruction. Potent risk factors causing articular cartilage damage include female gender and age of 30 years or older. Level IV. ..
- Onishi Y, Matsuno Y, Tateishi U, Maeshima A, Kusumoto M, Terauchi T, et al. Two entities of precursor T-cell lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma based on radiologic and immunophenotypic findings. Int J Hematol. 2004;80:43-51 pubmed..This study was performed in a single institution, was retrospective, and had a limited number of patients; multicenter confirmatory studies are warranted. ..
- Tago M, Terahara A, Shin M, Maruyama K, Kurita H, Nakagawa K, et al. Gamma knife surgery for hemangioblastomas. J Neurosurg. 2005;102 Suppl:171-4 pubmed..Recurrence outside the original irradiated area is common. Peritumoral contrast enhancement may be seen in larger tumors. The authors recommend regular imaging follow up and early repeated treatment in the face of new or growing tumors. ..
- Chikamori T, Fujita H, Nanasato M, Toba M, Nishimura T. Prognostic value of I-123 15-(p-iodophenyl)-3-(R,S) methylpentadecanoic acid myocardial imaging in patients with known or suspected coronary artery disease. J Nucl Cardiol. 2005;12:172-8 pubmed..0003). These results indicate that resting BMIPP imaging has prognostic value and may have a role in the risk stratification of patients with known or suspected CAD. ..
- Ishiwata T, Takahashi K, Shimanuki Y, Ohashi R, Cui R, Takahashi F, et al. Serum tenascin-C as a potential predictive marker of angiogenesis in non-small cell lung cancer. Anticancer Res. 2005;25:489-95 pubmed..Collectively, Tn-C may play an important role in angiogenesis of patients with NSCLC, and the determination of serum Tn-C may be useful in predicting intratumoral vasculature and patients' prognosis. ..
- Doi K, Noiri E, Nakao A, Fujita T, Kobayashi S, Tokunaga K. Haplotype analysis of NAD(P)H oxidase p22 phox polymorphisms in end-stage renal disease. J Hum Genet. 2005;50:641-7 pubmed..In conclusion, we identified a risk haplotype for nondiabetic ESRD in the CYBA gene using haplotype analysis. Haplotype analysis proved useful for elucidating the genetic contribution of NAD(P)H oxidase p22 phox to ESRD. ..
- Fujikado T, Shimojyo H, Hosohata J, Hirohara Y, Mihashi T, Maeda N, et al. Wavefront analysis of eye with monocular diplopia and cortical cataract. Am J Ophthalmol. 2006;141:1138-1140 pubmed..To determine whether higher-order aberrations can explain the monocular diplopia reported by a patient...
- Minato T, Tochigi M, Kato N, Sasaki T. Association study between the cholecystokinin A receptor gene and schizophrenia in the Japanese population. Psychiatr Genet. 2007;17:117-9 pubmed..024) or hallucinatory-paranoid state (P=0.049). In conclusion, the present results may not provide evidence for the association between the CCK-AR gene and schizophrenia in the Japanese population. ..
- Ito T, Ueda T, Honma Y, Takei M. Recent trends in patient characteristics and therapeutic choices for interstitial cystitis: analysis of 282 Japanese patients. Int J Urol. 2007;14:1068-70 pubmed..Regarding characteristics, the age distribution was older than other countries. The most frequent symptom was urinary frequency. Oral suplatast tosilate was one of the popular therapies in Japan. ..
- Ohshima M, Yamaguchi Y, Micke P, Abiko Y, Otsuka K. In vitro characterization of the cytokine profile of the epithelial cell rests of Malassez. J Periodontol. 2008;79:912-9 pubmed..Therefore, future research on the pathophysiology of periodontal tissue should include this often overlooked cell type. ..
- Hashimoto K, Mayahara H, Takashima A, Nakajima T, Kato K, Hamaguchi T, et al. Palliative radiation therapy for hemorrhage of unresectable gastric cancer: a single institute experience. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2009;135:1117-23 pubmed publisher..4 months. Grade 3 nausea and anorexia were recorded in 1 and 3 patients, respectively. Palliative RT was effective for hemostasis in patients with gastric cancer bleeding with minor adverse events. ..
- Jinno H, Sakata M, Hayashida T, Takahashi M, Mukai M, Ikeda T, et al. A phase II trial of capecitabine and docetaxel followed by 5-fluorouracil/epirubicin/cyclophosphamide (FEC) as preoperative treatment in women with stage II/III breast cancer. Ann Oncol. 2010;21:1262-6 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the sequential combination of XT followed by FEC is a well-tolerated, effective neoadjuvant treatment of stage II/III breast cancer. ..
- Hirai Y, Ainoda Y, Shoji T, Totsuka K. Ceftriaxone plus gentamicin or ceftriaxone alone for streptococcal endocarditis in Japanese patients as alternative first-line therapies. J Infect Chemother. 2010;16:186-92 pubmed publisher..Consistent with previous reports, the therapeutic effect of ceftriaxone was equivalent to that of penicillin G in this study, showing this agent to be an alternative first-line drug for infectious endocarditis. ..
- Hudieb M, Wakabayashi N, Suzuki T, Kasugai S. Morphologic classification and stress analysis of the mandibular bone in the premolar region for implant placement. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2010;25:482-90 pubmed..04 to 0.07 mm3. The contour of the alveolar crest potentially plays a critical role in maintaining the bone levels surrounding implants. ..
- Yoshida T, Yamashita S, Takamura Enya T, Niwa T, Ando T, Enomoto S, et al. Alu and Sat? hypomethylation in Helicobacter pylori-infected gastric mucosae. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:33-9 pubmed publisher..pylori infection during gastric carcinogenesis, possibly in different target cells, and that global hypomethylation is not always present in human gastric cancers. ..
- Furuya Y, Kuwana M. Effect of Bosentan on systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease ineligible for cyclophosphamide therapy: a prospective open-label study. J Rheumatol. 2011;38:2186-92 pubmed publisher..This study does not support the use of bosentan for SSc-associated ILD even when CYC treatment is inadvisable. ..
- Kobayashi D, Takahashi O, Deshpande G, Shimbo T, Fukui T. Association between weight gain, obesity, and sleep duration: a large-scale 3-year cohort study. Sleep Breath. 2012;16:829-33 pubmed publisher..No significant difference was seen between subjects who slept more than 8 h and those sleeping 7 h (OR = 1.3; 95% CI = 0.9-1.8). Short sleep (?5 h) is significantly associated with weight gain and obesity in both male and female adults. ..
- Fukuda K, Saikawa Y, Takahashi M, Takahashi T, Wada N, Kawakubo H, et al. Antitumor effect of cetuximab in combination with S-1 in EGFR-amplified gastric cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2012;40:975-82 pubmed publisher..Our preclinical findings thus indicate that the combination of S-1 and EGFR-targeting therapy is a promising treatment option for GC with EGFR overexpression. ..
- Shinohara A, Motoyoshi M, Uchida Y, Shimizu N. Root proximity and inclination of orthodontic mini-implants after placement: cone-beam computed tomography evaluation. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2013;144:50-6 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to investigate root proximity and variability of the placement inclination of a mini-implant according to placement position...
- Ohki T, Kondo M, Karasawa Y, Kawamura S, Maeshima S, Kojima K, et al. Evaluation of the Efficacy of Sorafenib on Overall Survival in Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma using FT Rate: A Devised Index. Adv Ther. 2017;34:1097-1108 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates that the FT rate is potentially a useful index in evaluating the outcome for patients at various stages and treatment regimens. Bayer Yakuhin, Ltd. ..
- Hasegawa H, Sung J, Benno Y. Role of human intestinal Prevotella oris in hydrolyzing ginseng saponins. Planta Med. 1997;63:436-40 pubmed..0-7.3 micrograms/ml in blood after oral administration of mice with ginsenoside Rb1 (125 mg/kg) allows us to speculate that metabolites I-III are the most likely forms of protopanaxadiol saponins absorbed from the intestines...
- Rahmutula D, Nakayama T, Soma M, Takahashi Y, Kunimoto M, Uwabo J, et al. Association study between the variants of the human ANP gene and essential hypertension. Hypertens Res. 2001;24:291-4 pubmed..Neither G1837A nor the T2238C polymorphism of the ANP gene was associated with EH. Our findings do not support the hypothesis that the G1837A and T2238C polymorphisms of the ANP gene are markers for EH in the Japanese. ..
- Ito Y, Sugimoto A, Kakuda T, Kubota K. Identification of potent odorants in Chinese jasmine green tea scented with flowers of Jasminum sambac. J Agric Food Chem. 2002;50:4878-84 pubmed..The omission of methyl anthranilate and the replacement of (R)-(-)-linalool by (S)-(+)-linalool led to great changes in the odor of the model. These two compounds were determined to be the key odorants of the jasmine tea flavor. ..
- Kominami M, Fujikawa A, Tamura T, Naoi Y, Horikawa O. Retained surgical sponge in the thigh: report of the third known case in the limb. Radiat Med. 2003;21:220-2 pubmed..Histopathological examination revealed foreign body reaction related to the retained gauze sponge. Our case, the third to our knowledge of gossypiboma in a limb, demonstrated characteristic MR imaging findings. ..
- Ito K, Nakazato T, Murakami A, Yamato K, Miyakawa Y, Yamada T, et al. Induction of apoptosis in human myeloid leukemic cells by 1'-acetoxychavicol acetate through a mitochondrial- and Fas-mediated dual mechanism. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:2120-30 pubmed..The purpose of this investigation was to determine the antileukemic effects of 1'-acetoxychavicol acetate (ACA) obtained from rhizomes of the commonly used ethno-medicinal plant Languas galanga (Zingiberaceae)...
- Kawabe K, Goto K, Nishino I, Angelini C, Hayashi Y. Dysferlin mutation analysis in a group of Italian patients with limb-girdle muscular dystrophy and Miyoshi myopathy. Eur J Neurol. 2004;11:657-61 pubmed..The correlation between clinical phenotype and the gene mutations was unclear, which suggested the role of additional genetic and epigenetic factors in modifying clinical symptoms. ..
- Koshima I. Short pedicle superficial inferior epigastric artery adiposal flap: new anatomical findings and the use of this flap for reconstruction of facial contour. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005;116:1091-7 pubmed
- Shimada N, Ohno Matsui K, Yoshida T, Yasuzumi K, Kojima A, Kobayashi K, et al. Characteristics of peripapillary detachment in pathologic myopia. Arch Ophthalmol. 2006;124:46-52 pubmed..To evaluate the prevalence and clinical features of a newly recognized peripapillary lesion specific to high myopia, peripapillary detachment in pathologic myopia (PDPM), in a large series of patients with high myopia...
- Sato K, Hatano T, Yamashiro K, Kagohashi M, Nishioka K, Izawa N, et al. Prognosis of Parkinson's disease: time to stage III, IV, V, and to motor fluctuations. Mov Disord. 2006;21:1384-95 pubmed..Not many studies are available in the literature on the long-term outcome of PD, and our data would be useful as a reference. ..
- Mun M, Kohno T. Efficacy of thoracoscopic resection for multifocal bronchioloalveolar carcinoma showing pure ground-glass opacities of 20 mm or less in diameter. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2007;134:877-82 pubmed..Surgical treatment for these lesions is controversial. We discuss the efficacy of video-assisted thoracic surgery for multifocal bronchioloalveolar carcinoma in patients at our institution...
- Kawabata K, Hagiwara S, Takenouchi A, Tanimura A, Tanuma J, Tachikawa N, et al. Autologous stem cell transplantation using MEAM regimen for relapsed AIDS-related lymphoma patients who received highly active anti-retroviral therapy: a report of three cases. Intern Med. 2009;48:111-4 pubmed..All patients are still alive and maintain complete remission at 24, 20 and 9 months after transplantation. ASCT using MEAM regimen as a conditioning regimen was feasible for our patients with refractory or relapsed ARL. ..
- Yamamoto S, Hagiwara A, Mizobe T, Yokoyama O, Yasui T. Gait improvement of hemiplegic patients using an ankle-foot orthosis with assistance of heel rocker function. Prosthet Orthot Int. 2009;33:307-23 pubmed publisher..This result implies the importance of gait training in the early stage of rehabilitation...
- Suzuki F, Akuta N, Suzuki Y, Yatsuji H, Sezaki H, Arase Y, et al. Efficacy of switching to entecavir monotherapy in Japanese lamivudine-pretreated patients. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;25:892-8 pubmed publisher..Switching to entecavir 0.5 mg/day achieves or maintains undetectable HBV DNA levels and ALT normalization over 2 years, especially in patients with viral load less than 5.0 log(10) copies/mL. ..
- Sakurai N, Yamamoto Y, Asakawa Y, Taoka H, Takahashi K, Kubushiro K. Laparoscopically resected uterine adenomatoid tumor with coexisting endometriosis: case report. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2011;18:257-61 pubmed publisher..This may be the fourth reported case of an adenomatoid tumor resected using the laparoscopic approach. ..
- Takachi R, Ishihara J, Iwasaki M, Hosoi S, Ishii Y, Sasazuki S, et al. Validity of a self-administered food frequency questionnaire for middle-aged urban cancer screenees: comparison with 4-day weighed dietary records. J Epidemiol. 2011;21:447-58 pubmed..36 to 0.88) for 43 food groups. Although the FFQ was developed for a rural population, it provided reasonably valid measures of consumption for many nutrients and food groups in middle-aged screenees living in urban areas in Japan. ..
- Inoue K, Okayama R, Higa R, Sawada H, Wakakura M, Tomita G. Ocular hypotensive effects and safety over 3 months of switching from an unfixed combination to latanoprost 0.005%/timolol maleate 0.5% fixed combination. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2011;27:581-7 pubmed publisher..The switch from the concomitant use of latanoprost 0.005% and timolol maleate 0.5% eye drops to latanoprost 0.005%/timolol maleate 0.5% combination eye drops improved adherence and helped maintain IOP. ..
- Saita E, Kishimoto Y, Tani M, Iizuka M, Toyozaki M, Sugihara N, et al. Antioxidant activities of Perilla frutescens against low-density lipoprotein oxidation in vitro and in human subjects. J Oleo Sci. 2012;61:113-20 pubmed..These results suggested that perilla, especially the red variety, had high antioxidant activity and prevented the oxidation of LDL, which is a process strongly related to the development of atherosclerosis...
- Umezawa H, Sakuraba M, Miyamoto S, Nagamatsu S, Kayano S, Taji M. Analysis of immediate vascular reconstruction for lower-limb salvage in patients with lower-limb bone and soft-tissue sarcoma. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2013;66:608-16 pubmed publisher..We reviewed our experiences with limb-salvage surgery and immediate vascular reconstruction following en bloc resection of bone or soft-tissue sarcomas of the lower extremity...
- Kinoshita Y, Hori M, Taguchi M, Watanabe S, Fukumoto S. Functional activities of mutant calcium-sensing receptors determine clinical presentations in patients with autosomal dominant hypocalcemia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014;99:E363-8 pubmed publisher..The presence of hypomagnesemia with elevated FE(Mg) may indicate the diagnosis of ADH among patients with PTH-deficient hypoparathyroidism. ..
- Katsuno H, Maeda K, Hanai T, Koide Y, Matsuoka H, Sugihara K. Current status of local treatment for early rectal cancer in Japan: a questionnaire survey by the 81st Congress of the Japanese Society for Cancer of the Colon and Rectum (JSCCR) in 2014. Int J Clin Oncol. 2016;21:320-328 pubmed publisher..Local treatment with various modalities was properly performed for early rectal cancer. The number of less invasive modalities, such as laparoscopic surgery and ESD, increased between study periods. ..