Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications694 found, 100 shown here
- Tatemichi M, Kabuto M, Tsugane S. Effect of smoking on serum pepsinogen I level depends on serological status of Helicobacter pylori. Jpn J Cancer Res. 2001;92:243-8 pubmed..These data indicate that current smoking influences the serum PG I level depending on Hp-IgG titer and the associations between sPGs and Hp-IgG titer. Gastrin is not involved in the modification of PG I levels by smoking. ..
- Nakayama T, Soma M, Mizutani Y, Xinjuan X, Honye J, Kaneko Y, et al. A novel missense mutation of exon 3 in the type A human natriuretic peptide receptor gene: possible association with essential hypertension. Hypertens Res. 2002;25:395-401 pubmed..We conclude that the significance of homozygous M3411 mutation in exon 3 is worth investigating for its possible association with EH. ..
- Yamasue H, Kasai K, Iwanami A, Ohtani T, Yamada H, Abe O, et al. Voxel-based analysis of MRI reveals anterior cingulate gray-matter volume reduction in posttraumatic stress disorder due to terrorism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:9039-43 pubmed
- Nakashima E, Kitoh H, Maeda K, Haga N, Kosaki R, Mabuchi A, et al. Novel COL9A3 mutation in a family with multiple epiphyseal dysplasia. Am J Med Genet A. 2005;132A:181-4 pubmed..The radiographic phenotypes of the patients were relatively milder than those of previously reported cases, and were indistinguishable to common, idiopathic OA. ..
- Nutahara K, Higashihara E, Horie S, Kamura K, Tsuchiya K, Mochizuki T, et al. Calcium channel blocker versus angiotensin II receptor blocker in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Nephron Clin Pract. 2005;99:c18-23 pubmed..The renoprotective effect of candesartan is considered more favorable than amlodipine in the treatment of ADPKD. This is independent of the antihypertensive effect per se. ..
- Zhang X, Tochigi M, Ohashi J, Maeda K, Kato T, Okazaki Y, et al. Association study of the DISC1/TRAX locus with schizophrenia in a Japanese population. Schizophr Res. 2005;79:175-80 pubmed..Haplotype analysis did not support the association between the patients and controls. The present study suggests that the DISC1/TRAX locus may not have a major role in Japanese schizophrenia. ..
- Sasaki S, Komori T, Iwata M. Neuronal inclusions in sporadic motor neuron disease are negative for alpha-synuclein. Neurosci Lett. 2006;397:15-9 pubmed..Our findings in this study do not support the hypothesis that MND could be classified as one of the diseases grouped as alpha-synucleinopathies. ..
- Nemoto H, Nakazora H, Toda T, Wakata N, Kurahara T. Venous angioma with epilepsy. Intern Med. 2006;45:345-6 pubmed
- Kawahara S, Hyakusoku H, Ogawa R, Ohkubo S, Igarashi H, Hirakawa K. Clinical imaging diagnosis of implant materials for breast augmentation. Ann Plast Surg. 2006;57:6-12 pubmed..We have identified by imaging diagnosis the ingredients of implant materials. ..
- Otsuka Y, Duffy J, Saab S, Farmer D, Ghobrial R, Hiatt J, et al. Postresection hepatic failure: successful treatment with liver transplantation. Liver Transpl. 2007;13:672-9 pubmed..In conclusion, patients with low platelets, biopsy-proven cirrhosis, or those undergoing extended resection are at increased risk for PLF. OLT for PLF has significant morbidity but allows salvage of an otherwise fatal condition. ..
- Ko E, Shen Y, Yang C, Huang I, Shieh T, Chen C. Artificial dermis as the substitute for split-thickness skin graft in the treatment of oral submucous fibrosis. J Craniofac Surg. 2009;20:443-5 pubmed publisher..Artificial dermis may be an alternative to split-thickness skin grafts in patients with OSF with moderate trismus. ..
- Nakajima K, Yamazaki K, Kimura H, Takano K, Miyoshi H, Sato K. Novel gain of function mutations of the calcium-sensing receptor in two patients with PTH-deficient hypocalcemia. Intern Med. 2009;48:1951-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that gene analysis of CaSR should be performed in patients with idiopathic hypocalcemia, particularly when it occurs in the neonatal period. ..
- Minami S, Shinden S, Okamoto Y, Watada Y, Watabe T, Oishi N, et al. Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) for treatment of chronic tinnitus. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2011;38:301-6 pubmed publisher..Because this study was performed with a small sample size and showed high interindividual variability in treatment effects, further development of the technique is needed before it can be recommended for clinical applications. ..
- Tatematsu Y, Ogawa Y, Shimmura S, Dogru M, Yaguchi S, Nagai T, et al. Mucosal microvilli in dry eye patients with chronic GVHD. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2012;47:416-25 pubmed publisher..These may be important factors affecting the stability of the tear-film layer and its contribution to cGVHD-related dry eye...
- Tsuji K, Ishikawa Y, Imamura T. Technique for differentiating alveolar soft part sarcoma from other tumors in paraffin-embedded tissue: comparison of immunohistochemistry for TFE3 and CD147 and of reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction for ASPSCR1-TFE3 fusion transcript. Hum Pathol. 2012;43:356-63 pubmed publisher..In alveolar soft part sarcomas with unusual locations or histology, we consider that the detection of the ASPSCR1-TFE3 fusion transcript would be the highly effective diagnostic technique. ..
- Kunimatsu N, Aoki S, Kunimatsu A, Abe O, Yamada H, Masutani Y, et al. Tract-specific analysis of white matter integrity disruption in schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 2012;201:136-43 pubmed publisher..Our DTI study showed that the integrity of white matter is disrupted in patients with schizophrenia. The results of our sub-analyses suggest that changes in FA and ADC may be related to negative symptom scores or illness duration. ..
- Arase Y, Kobayashi M, Suzuki F, Suzuki Y, Kawamura Y, Akuta N, et al. Effect of type 2 diabetes on risk for malignancies includes hepatocellular carcinoma in chronic hepatitis C. Hepatology. 2013;57:964-73 pubmed publisher..7-fold enhancement in the development of HCC and malignancies other than HCC in HCV-positive patients treated with IFN. In T2DM patients, maintaining a mean HbA1c level of <7.0% reduces the development of HCC. ..
- Kobayashi K, Nakamura Uchiyama F, Nishiguchi T, Isoda K, Kokubo Y, Ando K, et al. Rare case of disseminated cysticercosis and taeniasis in a Japanese traveler after returning from India. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2013;89:58-62 pubmed publisher..Subcutaneous and intracranial lesions had completely disappeared by the end of the treatment period...
- Azuma T, Matayoshi Y, Odani K, Sato Y, Sato Y, Nagase Y, et al. Preoperative neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio as an independent prognostic marker for patients with upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2013;11:337-41 pubmed publisher..To predict the prognosis, we evaluated the significance of the preoperative neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio (NLR) in patients with upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma (UUTUC)...
- Kawashima A, Sekizawa A, Ventura W, Koide K, Hori K, Okai T, et al. Increased levels of cell-free human placental lactogen mRNA at 28-32 gestational weeks in plasma of pregnant women with placenta previa and invasive placenta. Reprod Sci. 2014;21:215-20 pubmed publisher..5% for the prediction of invasive placenta among women with placenta previa. In conclusion, expression of hPL mRNA is increased in plasma of women with placenta previa and invasive placenta at 28 to 32 weeks of gestation. ..
- Moriguchi S, Bies R, Remington G, Suzuki T, Mamo D, Watanabe K, et al. Estimated dopamine D? receptor occupancy and remission in schizophrenia: analysis of the CATIE data. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2013;33:682-5 pubmed publisher..These results extend our previous findings and suggest that sustained D? receptor occupancy greater than 65% may not always be necessary for the maintenance treatment of schizophrenia. ..
- Uehara K, Ogura K, Akiyama T, Shinoda Y, Iwata S, Kobayashi E, et al. Reliability and Validity of the Musculoskeletal Tumor Society Scoring System for the Upper Extremity in Japanese Patients. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017;475:2253-2259 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the mental state of patients with musculoskeletal tumors in the upper extremity, further study is needed. ..
- Goto A, Tanaka M, Yoshida M, Umakoshi M, Nanjo H, Shiraishi K, et al. The low expression of miR-451 predicts a worse prognosis in non-small cell lung cancer cases. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181270 pubmed publisher..This clinicopathological study of 370 NSCLC cases and the cell biological studies of NSCLC cell lines clarified the tumor-suppressive role of miR-451 and its prognostic value. We also validated MIF as a target of miR-451 in NSCLC. ..
- Nakaguchi H, Tanishima T, Yoshimasu N. Relationship between drainage catheter location and postoperative recurrence of chronic subdural hematoma after burr-hole irrigation and closed-system drainage. J Neurosurg. 2000;93:791-5 pubmed..The incidence of postoperative fluid reaccumulation seems to be reduced by placing the tip of the drainage catheter in the frontal convexity and by removing subdural air during or after surgery. ..
- Toba M, Kumita S, Cho K, Mizumura S, Kijima T, Nakajo H, et al. Comparison of Emory and Cedars-Sinai methods for assessment of left ventricular function from gated myocardial perfusion SPECT in patients with a small heart. Ann Nucl Med. 2000;14:421-6 pubmed..53) than those from the Emory program did (r = 0.70). The calculated LV volumes had more errors in the Cedars-Sinai program than in the Emory program, when a patient had a small heart. ..
- Naruke T, Tsuchiya R, Kondo H, Asamura H. Prognosis and survival after resection for bronchogenic carcinoma based on the 1997 TNM-staging classification: the Japanese experience. Ann Thorac Surg. 2001;71:1759-64 pubmed..A new TNM staging system was proposed, and the previous system was revised in 1997...
- Koizumi M, Nomura E, Yamada Y, Takiguchi T, Tanaka K, Yoshimoto M, et al. Sentinel node detection using 99mTc-rhenium sulphide colloid in breast cancer patients: evaluation of 1 day and 2 day protocols, and a dose-finding study. Nucl Med Commun. 2003;24:663-70 pubmed..4 MBq for the 1 day protocol and 37 MBq for the 2 day protocol. Patients with larger BMI and older or post-menopausal patients tend to take up less 99mTc colloid...
- Murai H, Kiyosawa M, Suzuki Y, Mizoguchi S, Ishii K, Ishikawa K, et al. A case of multiple sclerosis with homonymous hemianopia examined by positron emission tomography. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2004;48:591-3 pubmed..In 2 years, the visual field recovered to the normal state. PET can be a useful tool for estimating the visual outcome of patients with hemianopia in MS. ..
- Saijo M, Tang Q, Shimayi B, Han L, Zhang Y, Asiguma M, et al. Recombinant nucleoprotein-based serological diagnosis of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus infections. J Med Virol. 2005;75:295-9 pubmed..It is concluded that this newly developed CCHFV rNP-based IgM-capture ELISA is a useful method for the diagnosis of CCHFV infections. ..
- Setoguchi Y, Ikeda T, Fukuchi Y. Clinical features and genetic analysis of surfactant protein C in adult-onset familial interstitial pneumonia. Respirology. 2006;11 Suppl:S41-5 pubmed..The gene or genes that prove to be important in the development of FIP may provide insights into the pathogenesis of other forms of interstitial lung diseases. ..
- Urita Y, Ishihara S, Akimoto T, Kato H, Hara N, Honda Y, et al. Seventy-five gram glucose tolerance test to assess carbohydrate malabsorption and small bowel bacterial overgrowth. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:3092-5 pubmed..Hence carbohydrate malabsorption should be taken into account for estimating insulin resistance and beta-cell function. ..
- Abe T. [Transnasal tumor exploration in infradiaphragmatic craniopharyngiomas]. No Shinkei Geka. 2006;34:1093-108 pubmed
- Sasahara A, Kasuya H, Akagawa H, Ujiie H, Kubo O, Sasaki T, et al. Increased expression of ephrin A1 in brain arteriovenous malformation: DNA microarray analysis. Neurosurg Rev. 2007;30:299-305; discussion 305 pubmed..For the first time, here we report the increased expression of ephrin A1 in brain AVM, which may play an important role in the pathogenesis of AVM. ..
- Shimada H, Yuzawa M, Hirose T, Nakashizuka H, Hattori T, Kazato Y. Pathological findings of multifocal choroiditis with panuveitis and punctate inner choroidopathy. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2008;52:282-288 pubmed publisher..To compare the pathological findings between multifocal choroiditis with panuveitis (MCP) and punctate inner choroidopathy (PIC)...
- Shimoyama T, Tamura Y, Sakamoto T, Inoue K. Immune-mediated myositis in Crohn's disease. Muscle Nerve. 2009;39:101-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the myositis in Crohn's disease is immune-mediated and that treatment of bowel inflammation should be emphasized as opposed to steroid or other immunosuppressive therapy. ..
- Imaizumi R, Akasaka Y, Inomata N, Okada E, Ito K, Ishikawa Y, et al. Promoted activation of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 in keloid fibroblasts and increased expression of MMP-2 in collagen bundle regions: implications for mechanisms of keloid progression. Histopathology. 2009;54:722-30 pubmed publisher..This could contribute to remodelling of collagen bundle regions and invasion of fibroblasts into peripheral normal regions through promoted degradation of ECM. ..
- Murugan A, Hong N, Cuc T, Hung N, Munirajan A, Ikeda M, et al. Detection of two novel mutations and relatively high incidence of H-RAS mutations in Vietnamese oral cancer. Oral Oncol. 2009;45:e161-6 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that RAS is an important member in the PI3K-AKT signaling and could play an important role in the tumorigenesis of oral carcinoma. ..
- Ogawa K, Ikegami H, Takeda T, Watanabe A. Defining impairment and treatment of subacute and chronic fractures of the coracoid process. J Trauma. 2009;67:1040-5 pubmed publisher..In the cases of type II fracture, conservative treatment is indicated. When presenting with atypical manifestations of subcoracoid impingement, releasing of the coracoacromial ligament proves effective. ..
- Itoh H, Iwasaki M, Hanaoka T, Sasaki H, Tanaka T, Tsugane S. Urinary phthalate monoesters and endometriosis in infertile Japanese women. Sci Total Environ. 2009;408:37-42 pubmed publisher..23-0.90). Our results do not support the hypothesis that higher urinary concentrations of phthalate metabolites are associated with the risk of endometriosis in infertile Japanese women. ..
- Alkhader M, Ohbayashi N, Tetsumura A, Nakamura S, Okochi K, Momin M, et al. Diagnostic performance of magnetic resonance imaging for detecting osseous abnormalities of the temporomandibular joint and its correlation with cone beam computed tomography. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2010;39:270-6 pubmed publisher..The value of MRI for the detection of TMJ osseous abnormalities is considered to be limited. ..
- Sato K, Nomura R, Suzuki I. [CyberKnife treatment for parasellar tumors]. Brain Nerve. 2011;63:203-8 pubmed..Thus, CK was found to be feasible for parasellar tumors, although its safety and efficacy must be observed in long-term follow up. ..
- Okada K, Fujisaki J, Kasuga A, Omae M, Hirasawa T, Ishiyama A, et al. Diagnosis of undifferentiated type early gastric cancers by magnification endoscopy with narrow-band imaging. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;26:1262-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, ME-NBI can be useful in the pretreatment assessment of the histopathological patterns of cancer development and the lateral extent of such lesions. ..
- Tomiyama H, Matsumoto C, Odaira M, Yamada J, Yoshida M, Shiina K, et al. Relationships among the serum omega fatty acid levels, serum C-reactive protein levels and arterial stiffness/wave reflection in Japanese men. Atherosclerosis. 2011;217:433-6 pubmed publisher..Increased serum O6FA levels appeared to be independently associated with the unfavorable conditions related to AS/WR and inflammation. ..
- Kimura K, Usui Y, Goto H. Clinical features and diagnostic significance of the intraocular fluid of 217 patients with intraocular lymphoma. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2012;56:383-9 pubmed publisher..1 %. Cytokine analysis of vitreous biopsy had the highest detection rate for intraocular lymphoma. This supplementary diagnostic test should be performed frequently to confirm a diagnosis of intraocular lymphoma. ..
- Mihara M, Hara H, Araki J, Kikuchi K, Narushima M, Yamamoto T, et al. Indocyanine green (ICG) lymphography is superior to lymphoscintigraphy for diagnostic imaging of early lymphedema of the upper limbs. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38182 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest the importance of dual diagnosis by examination of the lymphatic system using ICG lymphography and evaluation of edema in subcutaneous fat tissue using MRI. ..
- Fukumura K, Yamashita Y, Kawazu M, Sai E, Fujiwara S, Nakamura N, et al. STK10 missense mutations associated with anti-apoptotic function. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:1542-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that STK10 functions as a tumor suppressor gene, and that dysfunction of STK10 activity either through polymorphism or somatic mutations may confer anti-apoptotic effects contributing to carcinogenesis. ..
- Akiyama T, Saita K, Ogura K, Kawai A, Imanishi J, Yazawa Y, et al. The effect of an external hip joint stabiliser on gait function after surgery for tumours located around the circumference of the pelvis: analysis of seven cases of internal hemipelvectomy or proximal femur resection. Int Orthop. 2016;40:561-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings show the potential of a biomechanical approach to improve gait function following pelvic tumour resection. ..
- Chervinsky P, Meltzer E, Busse W, Ohta K, Bardin P, BredenbrÃ¶ker D, et al. Roflumilast for asthma: Safety findings from a pooled analysis of ten clinical studies. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2015;35 Suppl:S28-34 pubmed publisher..This reflects the general safety profile reported previously in patients with COPD. All studies were funded by Takeda. Trial registration numbers available on ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT00073177, NCT00076076, NCT00163527. ..
- Suzuki L, Hirayama S, Fukui M, Sasaki M, Hiroi S, Ayaori M, et al. Lipoprotein-X in cholestatic patients causes xanthomas and promotes foam cell formation in human macrophages. J Clin Lipidol. 2017;11:110-118 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that Lp-X induces foam cell formation in human-derived macrophages. Our findings strongly suggest that persistently elevated Lp-X may cause xanthomas. ..
- Asaoka R, Murata H, Yanagisawa M, Fujino Y, Matsuura M, Inoue T, et al. The association between photoreceptor layer thickness measured by optical coherence tomography and visual sensitivity in glaucomatous eyes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184064 pubmed publisher..To assess the thickness of the photoreceptor layer in the macular region in glaucomatous eyes...
- Li N, Nakamura K, Jiang Y, Tsurui H, Matsuoka S, Abe M, et al. Gain-of-function polymorphism in mouse and human Ltk: implications for the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus. Hum Mol Genet. 2004;13:171-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest that these polymorphic LTKs cause up-regulation of the PI3K pathway and possibly form one genetic component of susceptibility to abnormal proliferation of self-reactive B cells in SLE. ..
- Yagi T, Koizumi Y, Kimura M, Aoyagi M. Pathological localization of so-called posterior canal BPPV. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2006;33:391-5 pubmed..Besides the possibility that the pathology may originate from the AC, it is still unclear which part of the inner ear may be the candidate site of origin of the pathology of BPPV in the other 15 patients. ..
- Tasaka S, Hasegawa N, Kobayashi S, Yamada W, Nishimura T, Takeuchi T, et al. Serum indicators for the diagnosis of pneumocystis pneumonia. Chest. 2007;131:1173-80 pubmed..The diagnosis of pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP) is difficult because it requires microscopic examination to identify pneumocystis from induced sputum or BAL fluid...
- Shinozaki A, Nagao T, Endo H, Kato N, Hirokawa M, Mizobuchi K, et al. Sebaceous epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma of the salivary gland: clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical analysis of 6 cases of a new histologic variant. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008;32:913-23 pubmed publisher..Our data also suggest that immunohistochemical examination of specific myoepithelial markers is helpful in distinguishing sebaceous EMC from sebaceous carcinoma, which may occasionally be associated with an aggressive clinical course. ..
- Hirano K, Shishido Hara Y, Kitazawa A, Kojima K, Sumiishi A, Umino M, et al. Expression of stem cell factor (SCF), a KIT ligand, in gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs): a potential marker for tumor proliferation. Pathol Res Pract. 2008;204:799-807 pubmed publisher..Thus, SCF expression would be a useful marker for tumor proliferation. ..
- Yokobori S, Watanabe A, Nakae R, Onda H, Fuse A, Kushimoto S, et al. Cerebral vasospasms after intraventricular hemorrhage from an arteriovenous malformation: case report. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2010;50:320-3 pubmed..Treatment of patients with AVM rupture should consider the risk of severe vasospasm, even if there is no subarachnoid clot. ..
- Yokoyama M, Honda M, Okoshi Y, Masuyama T, Iwasaki Y, Arima M. [Efficacy of botulinum toxin type A against cervical dystonia and muscular hypertonia in persons with severe motor and intellectual disabilities with respiratory problems and/or dysphagia]. No To Hattatsu. 2011;43:273-6 pubmed..BTX-A is safe and has potential for use in the treatment of CD and MH with respiratory problems and/or dysphagia. ..
- Sakai T, Shikishima K, Matsushima M, Tsuneoka H. Genetic polymorphisms associated with endothelial function in nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy. Mol Vis. 2013;19:213-9 pubmed..33-14.73, p=0.015). We found an increased prevalence of a G/T polymorphism of the ET-1 gene in patients with NAION. Our data suggest that this polymorphism may be an important risk factor in developing NAION in the Japanese population. ..
- Kinoshita M, Iwasaki S, Fujimoto C, Inoue A, Egami N, Chihara Y, et al. Ocular vestibular evoked myogenic potentials in response to air-conducted sound and bone-conducted vibration in vestibular schwannoma. Otol Neurotol. 2013;34:1342-8 pubmed publisher..05) but not with those of cVEMPs to ACS (p > 0.05). These findings support the hypothesis that oVEMP in response to ACS are predominantly mediated by the superior vestibular nerve and probably reflect the function of the utricle. ..
- Takura T, Kyo S, Ono M, Tominaga R, Miyagawa S, Tanoue Y, et al. Preliminary report on the cost effectiveness of ventricular assist devices. J Artif Organs. 2016;19:37-43 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, when we estimated CEA for 36 months, the expected baseline value was 102,712 (US$/QALY). Therefore, VAD implantation surgery was cost effective considering the disease specificities. ..
- Jeong S, Italiano C, Chaiwarith R, Ng O, Vanar S, Jiamsakul A, et al. Late Presentation into Care of HIV Disease and Its Associated Factors in Asia: Results of TAHOD. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2016;32:255-61 pubmed publisher..The identified risk factors associated with late presentation should be utilized in formulating targeted public health intervention to improve earlier entry into HIV care. ..
- Tsuchiya T, Honda H, Oikawa M, Kakita T, Oyama A, Oishi H, et al. Oral administration of the amino acids cystine and theanine attenuates the adverse events of S-1 adjuvant chemotherapy in gastrointestinal cancer patients. Int J Clin Oncol. 2016;21:1085-1090 pubmed..0 ± 7.7 days). The oral administration of cystine and theanine attenuated the AEs of S-1 adjuvant chemotherapy and increased the S-1 completion rate, suggesting that cystine and theanine is a useful supportive care for chemotherapy. ..
- Ogawa K, Morisaki N, Saito S, Sato S, Fujiwara T, Sago H. Association of Shorter Height with Increased Risk of Ischaemic Placental Disease. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2017;31:198-205 pubmed publisher..11, 95% CI 1.09, 1.14), placental abruption (RR 1.04, 95% CI 1.01, 1.09), and SGA birth (RR 1.30, 95% CI 1.28, 1.31). Shorter height was associated with an increased risk of preeclampsia, placental abruption, and SGA birth. ..
- Sato T, Konuma T, Miwa Y, Sugihara N, Tsuru Y, Narita H, et al. A cross-sectional study on late taste disorders in survivors of allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1841-1847 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that taste disorders usually return to normal levels more than a year after HCT in most recipients. ..
- Hiroshige K, Ikeda M, Hondo R. Detection of varicella zoster virus DNA in tear fluid and saliva of patients with Ramsay Hunt syndrome. Otol Neurotol. 2002;23:602-7 pubmed..Varicella zoster virus reactivation was thought to occur in the unaffected side at the same level as in the affected side, and some of the secreted varicella zoster virus DNA was suspected to be derived from the ganglion trigeminale. ..
- Masuko T, Nakayama H, Aoki N, Kusafuka T, Takayama T. Staged approach to the urachal cyst with infected omphalitis. Int Surg. 2006;91:52-6 pubmed..It is desirable that urachal cyst accompanied by intractable omphalitis should be treated by conservative therapy, conducted image diagnosis, and chosen staged surgery...
- Sugiyama E, Kaniwa N, Kim S, Kikura Hanajiri R, Hasegawa R, Maekawa K, et al. Pharmacokinetics of gemcitabine in Japanese cancer patients: the impact of a cytidine deaminase polymorphism. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:32-42 pubmed..Haplotype *3 harboring a nonsynonymous SNP, 208G>A (Ala70Thr), decreased clearance of gemcitabine, and increased incidences of neutropenia when patients were coadministered platinum-containing drugs or fluorouracil. ..
- Kodama S, Tanaka S, Saito K, Shu M, Sone Y, Onitake F, et al. Effect of aerobic exercise training on serum levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol: a meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2007;167:999-1008 pubmed..Exercise duration per session was the most important element of an exercise prescription. Exercise was more effective in subjects with initially high total cholesterol levels or low body mass index. ..
- Ohno S, Nishikawa K, Honda Y, Nakajin S. Expression in E. coli and tissue distribution of the human homologue of the mouse Ke 6 gene, 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 8. Mol Cell Biochem. 2008;309:209-15 pubmed..Expression of human Ke 6 gene mRNA was especially abundant in prostate, placenta, and kidney. The levels in prostate and placenta were higher than that in kidney, where it is known to be expressed in large quantities. ..
- Shiraki Y, Hiruma M, Hirose N, Ikeda S. Commonly affected body sites in 92 Japanese combat sports participants with Trichophyton tonsurans infection. Mycoses. 2009;52:339-42 pubmed publisher..Initial screening of these sites might facilitate the identification of the infection especially in judo practitioners. ..
- Suga H, Matsumoto D, Eto H, Inoue K, Aoi N, Kato H, et al. Functional implications of CD34 expression in human adipose-derived stem/progenitor cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2009;18:1201-10 pubmed publisher..Loss of CD34 expression may be related to the physiological process of commitment and/or differentiation from immature status into specific lineages such as adipose, bone, or smooth muscle. ..
- Hamada M, Ugawa Y, Tsuji S. High-frequency rTMS over the supplementary motor area improves bradykinesia in Parkinson's disease: subanalysis of double-blind sham-controlled study. J Neurol Sci. 2009;287:143-6 pubmed publisher..Results support the hypothesis that neuronal activity of SMA was profoundly associated with hypokinetic symptoms in PD...
- Ichikawa H, Takahashi N, Mukai M, Katoh H, Akizawa T, Kawamura M. Intracranial dilative arteriopathy is associated with chronic kidney disease and small vessel diseases in the elderly. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2009;18:435-42 pubmed publisher..0002 for ICA, P = .0021 for BA). Kidney dysfunction is an independent factor that is related to ICA and BA dilatation, which is also associated with DWMHs that reflect small vessel diseases in older patients. ..
- Nakayama M, Nozu K, Goto Y, Kamei K, Ito S, Sato H, et al. HNF1B alterations associated with congenital anomalies of the kidney and urinary tract. Pediatr Nephrol. 2010;25:1073-9 pubmed publisher..The recurrent microdeletions encompassing HNF1B could have a significant impact on the mechanism of HNF1B deletions...
- Kobunai T, Watanabe T, Yamamoto Y, Eshima K. The frequency of KRAS mutation detection in human colon carcinoma is influenced by the sensitivity of assay methodology: a comparison between direct sequencing and real-time PCR. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;395:158-62 pubmed publisher..As more sensitive assays detect more mutated genes in clinical samples, this must be taken into consideration when determining KRAS gene status in clinical practice. ..
- Yoshimi A, Goyama S, Watanabe Okochi N, Yoshiki Y, Nannya Y, Nitta E, et al. Evi1 represses PTEN expression and activates PI3K/AKT/mTOR via interactions with polycomb proteins. Blood. 2011;117:3617-28 pubmed publisher..The PTEN/AKT/mTOR signaling pathway and the Evi1-polycomb interaction can be promising therapeutic targets for leukemia with activated Evi1. ..
- Takeuchi K, Soda M, Togashi Y, Sugawara E, Hatano S, Asaka R, et al. Pulmonary inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor expressing a novel fusion, PPFIBP1-ALK: reappraisal of anti-ALK immunohistochemistry as a tool for novel ALK fusion identification. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:3341-8 pubmed publisher..By using sensitive immunohistochemistry, therefore, we reassessed "ALK-negative" IMT cases defined with conventional immunohistochemistry (approximately 50% of all examined cases)...
- Hoshino K, Satoh T, Kawaguchi Y, Kuwana M. Association of hepatocyte growth factor promoter polymorphism with severity of interstitial lung disease in Japanese patients with systemic sclerosis. Arthritis Rheum. 2011;63:2465-72 pubmed publisher..A SNP in the HGF promoter region may modulate the severity of interstitial lung disease by controlling the transcriptional efficiency of the HGF gene. ..
- Ohno Matsui K, Akiba M, Moriyama M, Ishibashi T, Hirakata A, Tokoro T. Intrachoroidal cavitation in macular area of eyes with pathologic myopia. Am J Ophthalmol. 2012;154:382-93 pubmed publisher..To determine the incidence and characteristics of intrachoroidal cavitations in the macular area of eyes with high myopia...
- Morizane C, Okusaka T, Mizusawa J, Takashima A, Ueno M, Ikeda M, et al. Randomized phase II study of gemcitabine plus S-1 versus S-1 in advanced biliary tract cancer: a Japan Clinical Oncology Group trial (JCOG 0805). Cancer Sci. 2013;104:1211-6 pubmed publisher..This study was registered at the UMIN Clinical Trials Registry as UMIN 000001685 (http://www.umin.ac.jp/ctr/index.htm). ..
- Sasaki Y, Shimizu H, Naka W, Takeshita E, Nishikawa T. Evaluation of the clinical usefulness of measuring urinary excretion of 5-S-cysteinyldopa in melanoma: ten years' experience of 50 patients. Acta Derm Venereol. 1997;77:379-81 pubmed..In conclusion, while data on the urinary excretion of 5-S-CD was not useful in the detection of early regional lymph node metastases, its increase indicated the presence of distant metastases and also provided prognostic information...
- Shibuya N, Taki T, Mugishima H, Chin M, Tsuchida M, Sako M, et al. t(10;11)-acute leukemias with MLL-AF10 and MLL-ABI1 chimeric transcripts: specific expression patterns of ABI1 gene in leukemia and solid tumor cell lines. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2001;32:1-10 pubmed..Further functional analysis of the MLL-AF10 and MLL-ABI1 fusion proteins will provide new insights into the leukemogenesis of t(10;11)-AML. ..
- Yamamoto T, Kato Y, Karita M, Takeiri H, Muramatsu F, Kobayashi M, et al. Fukutin expression in glial cells and neurons: implication in the brain lesions of Fukuyama congenital muscular dystrophy. Acta Neuropathol. 2002;104:217-24 pubmed..In the cerebellum, Bergmann glia, which did not express fukutin in control cases, elongated their cytoplasmic processes to the surface to form glia limitans even in the polymicrogyric area. ..
- Hasegawa T, Imai H, Miki S. Cost evaluation of basiliximab treatment for renal transplant patients in Japan. Pharmacoeconomics. 2003;21:791-806 pubmed..If the cost of basiliximab is less than 315,807 yen, the clinical and economic benefits of basiliximab in the first year after transplantation support the routine use of basiliximab in renal transplantation in Japan. ..
- Miwa H, Minoo T, Hojo M, Yaginuma R, Nagahara A, Kawabe M, et al. Oesophageal hypersensitivity in Japanese patients with non-erosive gastro-oesophageal reflux diseases. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2004;20 Suppl 1:112-7 pubmed..7%). Our findings suggest that oesophageal sensitivity is likely to be enhanced especially in NERD patients also in Japanese population in comparison with erosive GERD, Barrett's oesophagus and controls. ..
- Hashimoto R, Suzuki T, Iwata N, Yamanouchi Y, Kitajima T, Kosuga A, et al. Association study of the frizzled-3 (FZD3) gene with schizophrenia and mood disorders. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2005;112:303-7 pubmed..We failed to find significant association in the four SNPs or haplotype analysis. The FZD3 gene might not play a role in conferring susceptibility to major psychosis in our sample. ..
- Sekiguchi N, Watanabe T, Kobayashi Y, Inokuchi C, Kim S, Yokota Y, et al. The application of molecular analyses for primary granulocytic sarcoma with a specific chromosomal translocation. Int J Hematol. 2005;82:210-4 pubmed
- Samson K, Minoguchi K, Tanaka A, Oda N, Yokoe T, Yamamoto Y, et al. Inhibitory effects of fluvastatin on cytokine and chemokine production by peripheral blood mononuclear cells in patients with allergic asthma. Clin Exp Allergy. 2006;36:475-82 pubmed..Fluvastatin has inhibitory effects on cytokine and chemokine production, and thus might be used as a potential therapeutic agent in severe asthma. ..
- Itoi T, Kawai T, Sofuni A, Itokawa F, Tsuchiya T, Kurihara T, et al. Efficacy and safety of 1-step transnasal endoscopic nasobiliary drainage for the treatment of acute cholangitis in patients with previous endoscopic sphincterotomy (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc. 2008;68:84-90 pubmed publisher..Maneuverability of the TNE, limited to patients with a previous ES or the placement of an SEMS. NBD that uses TNE may be a useful and novel technique for the treatment of acute cholangitis in patients with previous ES. ..
- Iwasaki S, Chihara Y, Smulders Y, Burgess A, Halmagyi G, Curthoys I, et al. The role of the superior vestibular nerve in generating ocular vestibular-evoked myogenic potentials to bone conducted vibration at Fz. Clin Neurophysiol. 2009;120:588-93 pubmed publisher..If the n10 is due primarily to utricular activation then diseases which affect only the superior division of the vestibular nerve (SVN) should reduce or eliminate n10...