Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications1134 found, 100 shown here
- Kitamura N, Matsukawa Y, Takei M, Sawada S. Antiproteinuric effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and an angiotensin II receptor blocker in patients with lupus nephritis. J Int Med Res. 2009;37:892-8 pubmed..A more extensive evaluation of the effects of ARBs in patients with lupus nephritis and poorly controlled proteinuria is required. ..
- Ono S, Fujishiro M, Hirano K, Niimi K, Goto O, Kodashima S, et al. Retrospective analysis on the management of anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents for scheduled endoscopy. J Gastroenterol. 2009;44:1185-9 pubmed publisher..We revealed the low permeation of the guideline to prescribing doctors. Cessation before endoscopy to avoid bleeding complications can be dispensable. ..
- Nakaya K, Chernov M, Kasuya H, Izawa M, Hayashi M, Kato K, et al. Risk factors for regrowth of intracranial meningiomas after gamma knife radiosurgery: importance of the histopathological grade and MIB-1 index. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2009;52:216-21 pubmed publisher..It requires close neuroradiological follow-up and necessitates the search for modified treatment strategies. ..
- Akiyoshi T, Kuroyanagi H, Fujimoto Y, Konishi T, Ueno M, Oya M, et al. Short-term outcomes of laparoscopic colectomy for transverse colon cancer. J Gastrointest Surg. 2010;14:818-23 pubmed publisher..The role of laparoscopic surgery for transverse colon cancer (TCC) remains controversial. This study aimed to evaluate the safety of laparoscopic resection of TCC...
- Goto H. Multicenter surveillance of adult atypical pneumonia in Japan: its clinical features, and efficacy and safety of clarithromycin. J Infect Chemother. 2011;17:97-104 pubmed publisher..4% (24/698). Macrolide resistance in Mycoplasma pneumoniae has been reported in Japan, but the results of this surveillance study showed that clarithromycin is effective in treating adult atypical pneumonia. ..
- Satake M, Hoshi Y, Taira R, Momose S, Hino S, Tadokoro K. Symptomatic parvovirus B19 infection caused by blood component transfusion. Transfusion. 2011;51:1887-95 pubmed publisher..To prevent clinically relevant TT-B19V, a strategy is suggested in which patients at risk of acquiring RBC aplasia or pancytopenia are targeted. ..
- Niitsu M, Michizaki A, Endo A, Takei H, Yanagisawa O. Muscle hardness measurement by using ultrasound elastography: a feasibility study. Acta Radiol. 2011;52:99-105 pubmed publisher..The durometer indicated similar changes to US elastography. The control arms did not demonstrate any significant change. US elastography is feasible to measure muscle hardness and to produce a two-dimensional hardness map of the muscle. ..
- Kataoka F, Tsuda H, Arao T, Nishimura S, Tanaka H, Nomura H, et al. EGRI and FOSB gene expressions in cancer stroma are independent prognostic indicators for epithelial ovarian cancer receiving standard therapy. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2012;51:300-12 pubmed publisher..The EGR1 and FOSB expression in stromal cells and EGR1 expression in cancer cells are prognostic indicators in EOC. ..
- Ishiwata T, Hirose T, Hirama M, Miura K, Iwakami S, Tominaga S, et al. A feasibility study of zoledronic acid combined with carboplatin/nedaplatin plus paclitaxel in patients with non-small cell lung cancer with bone metastases. Tumori. 2011;97:568-72 pubmed publisher..Although zoledronic acid (ZOL) has been reported to inhibit bone metastasis from lung cancer, the optimum chemotherapy regimen in combination with ZOL has not yet been determined...
- Miyajima A, Hattori S, Maeda T, Hasegawa M, Takeda T, Kikuchi E, et al. Transumbilical approach for laparo-endoscopic single-site adrenalectomy: initial experience and short-term outcome. Int J Urol. 2012;19:331-5 pubmed publisher..A transumbilical approach for laparo-endoscopic single-site adrenalectomy is safe and feasible, and it results in superior cosmesis. Improvements in surgical devices might facilitate further development of this approach. ..
- Karasaki T, Nagayama K, Kawashima M, Hiyama N, Murayama T, Kuwano H, et al. Identification of Individual Cancer-Specific Somatic Mutations for Neoantigen-Based Immunotherapy of Lung Cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:324-33 pubmed publisher..We recommend identifying personal mutations by comprehensive genome sequencing for developing neoantigen-targeted cancer immunotherapies. ..
- Saito T, Muragaki Y, Maruyama T, Komori T, Tamura M, Nitta M, et al. Calcification on CT is a simple and valuable preoperative indicator of 1p/19q loss of heterozygosity in supratentorial brain tumors that are suspected grade II and III gliomas. Brain Tumor Pathol. 2016;33:175-82 pubmed publisher..Calcification on CT is a simple and valuable preoperative indicator of 1p/19q LOH in supratentorial brain tumors that are suspected to be WHO grade II and III gliomas. ..
- Sasai T, Inoue Y, Komada Y, Sugiura T, Matsushima E. Comparison of clinical characteristics among narcolepsy with and without cataplexy and idiopathic hypersomnia without long sleep time, focusing on HLA-DRB1( *)1501/DQB1( *)0602 finding. Sleep Med. 2009;10:961-6 pubmed publisher..We investigated clinical features of NA w/o CA, particularly addressing HLA-DRB1( *)1501/DQB1( *)0602...
- Takeda Y, Kobayashi K, Akiyama Y, Soma T, Handa S, Kudoh S, et al. Prevention of irinotecan (CPT-11)-induced diarrhea by oral alkalization combined with control of defecation in cancer patients. Int J Cancer. 2001;92:269-75 pubmed..Risk factors statistically associated with delayed diarrhea include advanced age and the use of CPT-11 without OA and CD...
- Takeshita Y, Shimizu N, Yamaguchi Y, Nakazono H, Saitou M, Fujikawa Y, et al. Two families with Wilson disease in which siblings showed different phenotypes. J Hum Genet. 2002;47:543-7 pubmed
- Hikami K, Tsuchiya N, Yabe T, Tokunaga K. Variations of human killer cell lectin-like receptors: common occurrence of NKG2-C deletion in the general population. Genes Immun. 2003;4:160-7 pubmed
- Yamada T, Watanabe N, Nakamura T, Iwamoto A. Antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity via humoral immune epitope of Nef protein expressed on cell surface. J Immunol. 2004;172:2401-6 pubmed..These results suggest that PBMCs of HIV-1-infected patients may exert ADCC via anti-Nef Abs in the patients' own plasma and serve as a mechanism used by the immune system to regulate HIV-1 replication. ..
- Saijo M, Tang Q, Shimayi B, Han L, Zhang Y, Asiguma M, et al. Possible horizontal transmission of crimean-congo hemorrhagic Fever virus from a mother to her child. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2004;57:55-7 pubmed..This case indicates the importance of preventive measures for in-house outbreaks of CCHF...
- Iwakiri K, Hayashi Y, Kotoyori M, Sugiura T, Kawakami A, Sakamoto C. The minimum pressure of the lower esophageal sphincter, determined by the rapid pull-through method, is an index of severe reflux esophagitis. J Gastroenterol. 2004;39:616-20 pubmed..3% and the specificity for severe RE was 93.3%. This finding would suggest that the minimum LES pressure determined by the RPT method is an index of severe RE. ..
- Tatsuguchi A, Miyake K, Gudis K, Futagami S, Tsukui T, Wada K, et al. Effect of Helicobacter pylori infection on ghrelin expression in human gastric mucosa. Am J Gastroenterol. 2004;99:2121-7 pubmed..pylori infection affected ghrelin expression. After H. pylori eradication, gastric tissue ghrelin concentration increased significantly. This could lead to the increased appetite and weight gain seen following H. pylori eradication. ..
- Kawaida M, Fukuda H, Kohno N. Electronic videoendoscopic laryngostroboscopy. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec. 2004;66:267-74 pubmed..However, the system used was successfully connected to a laryngostroboscope. EVLS appears to be a powerful new tool for the diagnosis of dysphonia. ..
- Ishige I, Eishi Y, Takemura T, Kobayashi I, Nakata K, Tanaka I, et al. Propionibacterium acnes is the most common bacterium commensal in peripheral lung tissue and mediastinal lymph nodes from subjects without sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis. 2005;22:33-42 pubmed..These results suggest that P. acnes normally resides in peripheral lung tissue and mediastinal lymph nodes and that the strains of P. acnes isolated from sarcoid lymph nodes were not specific to sarcoidosis. ..
- Mizuno J, Mizuno S, Ono N, Yajima C, Arita H, Hanaoka K. [Sinus arrest during laryngoscopy for induction of general anesthesia with intravenous fentanyl and propofol]. Masui. 2005;54:1030-3 pubmed..This case indicates that intravenous injection of atropine must be immediately used for bradycardia during laryngoscopy for induction of general anesthesia with fentanyl and propofol. ..
- Shibata N, Ohnuma T, Higashi S, Higashi M, Usui C, Ohkubo T, et al. Genetic association between USF 1 and USF 2 gene polymorphisms and Japanese Alzheimer's disease. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2006;61:660-2 pubmed..For the USF 2 gene, the two SNPs did not show significant association with onset of AD. Our study suggests that the three SNPs of the USF 1 gene and two SNPs of the USF 2 gene presented here are not associated with onset of AD. ..
- Yoshino M, Ishiwata T, Watanabe M, Matsunobu T, Komine O, Ono Y, et al. Expression and roles of keratinocyte growth factor and its receptor in esophageal cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2007;31:721-8 pubmed..On the other hand, KGF may induce the growth of some EC cells in a paracrine manner and closely correlates with lymphatic invasion and lymph node metastasis. ..
- Ohba S, Yoshida K, Hirose Y, Ikeda E, Nakazato Y, Kawase T. Cerebral tumor with extensive rhabdoid features and a favorable prognosis. J Neurosurg. 2009;111:492-6 pubmed publisher..The tumor was therefore designated as a "cerebral tumor with extensive rhabdoid features." ..
- Jimura K, Konishi S, Miyashita Y. Temporal pole activity during perception of sad faces, but not happy faces, correlates with neuroticism trait. Neurosci Lett. 2009;453:45-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate differential roles for the temporal cortex in perception of happy and sad faces, and suggest that TP recruitment during understanding of negative emotions is dependent on the personality of the individuals. ..
- Tanaka S, Honda M. IgG abnormality in narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9555 pubmed publisher..The observed IgG abnormalities indicate humoral immune alterations in narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia. Different IgG profiles suggest immunological differences between narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia. ..
- Mizutani T. Natural course of intracranial arterial dissections. J Neurosurg. 2011;114:1037-44 pubmed publisher..Intracranial arterial dissections may be much more common than previously thought, and the majority may occur and heal without symptom manifestation. ..
- Shigehara K, Yokomuro S, Ishibashi O, Mizuguchi Y, Arima Y, Kawahigashi Y, et al. Real-time PCR-based analysis of the human bile microRNAome identifies miR-9 as a potential diagnostic biomarker for biliary tract cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23584 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that bile miRNAs could be informative biomarkers for hepatobiliary disease and that some miRNAs, particularly miR-9, may be helpful in the diagnosis and clinical management of BTC. ..
- Nakashima M, Akiyoshi T, Ueno M, Fukunaga Y, Nagayama S, Fujimoto Y, et al. Colon cancer in the splenic flexure: comparison of short-term outcomes of laparoscopic and open colectomy. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2011;21:415-8 pubmed publisher..36%). Time to flatus (1 vs. 3 d), time to liquid diet (2 vs. 5 d), and hospital stay (12 vs. 16 d) were significantly shorter in the LAC group than in the OC group. Laparoscopic surgery for SF cancer is feasible. ..
- Kasama T, Furuya H, Yanai R, Ohtsuka K, Takahashi R, Yajima N, et al. Correlation of serum CX3CL1 level with disease activity in adult-onset Still's disease and significant involvement in hemophagocytic syndrome. Clin Rheumatol. 2012;31:853-60 pubmed publisher..The association between the chemokine profile and distinct clinical manifestations or various patterns of disease progression indicates that the pathogenesis of AOSD is heterogeneous. ..
- Li T, Ochiai S, Ishiko H, Wakita T, Miyamura T, Takeda N. A retrospective study on imported hepatitis E in Japan. Travel Med Infect Dis. 2012;10:80-5 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that some sporadic cases of hepatitis E in Japan are caused by imported HEV, and that phylogenetic analyses enable us to identify the country or area where a patient has been infected...
- Sakamoto M, Nishimura R, Irako T, Tsujino D, Ando K, Utsunomiya K. Comparison of vildagliptin twice daily vs. sitagliptin once daily using continuous glucose monitoring (CGM): crossover pilot study (J-VICTORIA study). Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012;11:92 pubmed publisher..There were no significant differences in BNP and PAI-1 levels between patients taking vildagliptin and sitagliptin. UMIN000007687. ..
- Masuda K, Banno K, Hirasawa A, Yanokura M, Tsuji K, Kobayashi Y, et al. Relationship of lower uterine segment cancer with Lynch syndrome: a novel case with an hMLH1 germline mutation. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:1537-43 pubmed publisher..This is the second report on the relationship of LUS cancer and Lynch syndrome, and the first to describe an Asian patient with LUS cancer with Lynch syndrome induced by an hMLH1 mutation. ..
- Mayama C, Saito H, Hirasawa H, Konno S, Tomidokoro A, Araie M, et al. Circle- and grid-wise analyses of peripapillary nerve fiber layers by spectral domain optical coherence tomography in early-stage glaucoma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:4519-26 pubmed publisher..21-mm grid were 3.1% to 11.3% and 0.937 to 0.760, respectively, in a separate OAG patient group. Grid-wise analyses of peripapillary RNFLT for differentiating early-stage glaucoma showed >0.90 sensitivity and ?0.95 specificity. ..
- Morisaki N, Togoobaatar G, Vogel J, Souza J, Rowland Hogue C, Jayaratne K, et al. Risk factors for spontaneous and provider-initiated preterm delivery in high and low Human Development Index countries: a secondary analysis of the World Health Organization Multicountry Survey on Maternal and Newborn Health. BJOG. 2014;121 Suppl 1:101-9 pubmed publisher..Avoiding preterm delivery in women when maternal complications, such as anaemia or hypertensive disorders, are present is important for countries at various stages of development, but may be more challenging to achieve. ..
- Ichibori Y, Ohtani T, Nakatani D, Tachibana K, Yamaguchi O, Toda K, et al. Optical coherence tomography and intravascular ultrasound evaluation of cardiac allograft vasculopathy with and without intimal neovascularization. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;17:51-8 pubmed publisher..This suggests that neovascularization may play an important role in the progression of cardiac allograft vasculopathy. ..
- Sasada S, Tazoe T, Nakajima T, Futatsubashi G, Ohtsuka H, Suzuki S, et al. A common neural element receiving rhythmic arm and leg activity as assessed by reflex modulation in arm muscles. J Neurophysiol. 2016;115:2065-75 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the existence of a common neural element of the ELCR reflex pathway that is active only during rhythmic arm and leg movement and receives convergent input from contralateral arms and legs. ..
- Kubo K, Kanehisa H, Kawakami Y, Fukunaga T. Influence of static stretching on viscoelastic properties of human tendon structures in vivo. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;90:520-7 pubmed..9 +/- 5.8 to 20.6 +/- 4.6 N/mm and from 20.6 +/- 8.8 to 13.5 +/- 7.6%, respectively. The present results suggest that stretching decreased the viscosity of tendon structures but increased the elasticity...
- Kubota T, Chiba K. Frequencies of thiopurine S-methyltransferase mutant alleles (TPMT*2, *3A, *3B and *3C) in 151 healthy Japanese subjects and the inheritance of TPMT*3C in the family of a propositus. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2001;51:475-7 pubmed..TPMT*3C appears to be most prevalent among the known mutant allele of TPMT in a Japanese population which may have some relevance for the treatment of Japanese patients with thiopurine drugs. ..
- Niki T, Kohno T, Iba S, Moriya Y, Takahashi Y, Saito M, et al. Frequent co-localization of Cox-2 and laminin-5 gamma2 chain at the invasive front of early-stage lung adenocarcinomas. Am J Pathol. 2002;160:1129-41 pubmed..Further investigations are warranted concerning the role of cox-2 and laminin-5 in cancer cell invasion and the significance of p53 and EGFR signaling in the regulation of cox-2 and laminin-5 expression. ..
- Hayashi K, Imaizumi T, Uchida K, Kuramochi H, Takasaki K. High response rates in patients with pancreatic cancer using the novel oral fluoropyrimidine S-1. Oncol Rep. 2002;9:1355-61 pubmed..S-1, especially in combination with CDDP, shows promising activity with acceptable toxicities against pancreatic cancer. Further evaluation of this combination in patients with this disease is warranted. ..
- Ikarashi M, Takahashi Y, Ishii Y, Nagata T, Asai S, Ishikawa K. Vitamin D3 up-regulated protein 1 (VDUP1) expression in gastrointestinal cancer and its relation to stage of disease. Anticancer Res. 2002;22:4045-8 pubmed..05) and in stage IV patients (p < 0.01). These results suggest a possible role of VDUP1 in the pathogenesis of gastrointestinal cancer, as well as its clinical significance. ..
- Hirota Y, Osuga Y, Yoshino O, Koga K, Yano T, Hirata T, et al. Possible roles of thrombin-induced activation of protease-activated receptor 1 in human luteinized granulosa cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:3952-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that thrombin plays physiological roles in ovulation by enhancing the production of chemoattractive and gelatinolytic substances by granulosa cells by a mechanism involving PAR 1. ..
- Mitsuishi T, Kawana S, Kato T, Kawashima M. Human papillomavirus infection in actinic keratosis and bowen's disease: comparative study with expression of cell-cycle regulatory proteins p21(Waf1/Cip1), p53, PCNA, Ki-67, and Bcl-2 in positive and negative lesions. Hum Pathol. 2003;34:886-92 pubmed
- Takazawa Y, Sakurai S, Sakuma Y, Ikeda T, Yamaguchi J, Hashizume Y, et al. Gastrointestinal stromal tumors of neurofibromatosis type I (von Recklinghausen's disease). Am J Surg Pathol. 2005;29:755-63 pubmed..The point mutations of c-kit and PDGFRA gene may play a limited role in the tumorigenesis of NF1-associated GISTs. ..
- Itoh K, Kano T, Nagashio C, Mimori A, Kinoshita M, Sumiya M. Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:1020-2 pubmed
- Furuya T, Hakoda M, Ichikawa N, Higami K, Nanke Y, Yago T, et al. Differential association of HLA-DRB1 alleles in Japanese patients with early rheumatoid arthritis in relationship to autoantibodies to cyclic citrullinated peptide. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2007;25:219-24 pubmed
- Kako S, Izutsu K, Ota Y, Minatani Y, Sugaya M, Momose T, et al. FDG-PET in T-cell and NK-cell neoplasms. Ann Oncol. 2007;18:1685-90 pubmed..The positive rate of FDG-PET for bone marrow involvement was only 20%. T/NK-cell neoplasms incorporated in this study were generally FDG-avid except for cutaneous lesions and bone marrow involvement. ..
- Sasaki S, Shirata A, Yamane K, Iwata M. Involvement of spinal motor neurons in parkin-positive autosomal recessive juvenile parkinsonism. Neuropathology. 2008;28:74-80 pubmed
- Baba K, Igarashi Y, Nishiyama A, John M, Akagawa Y, Ikebe K, et al. The relationship between missing occlusal units and oral health-related quality of life in patients with shortened dental arches. Int J Prosthodont. 2008;21:72-4 pubmed..An increase of 1 missing occlusal unit was associated with an increase of 2.1 OHIP-J units (95% CI: 0.6-3.5, P = .02) in a linear regression analysis. Missing occlusal units are related to OHRQoL impairment in subjects with SDAs...
- Kato C, Tochigi M, Koishi S, Kawakubo Y, Yamamoto K, Matsumoto H, et al. Association study of the commonly recognized breakpoints in chromosome 15q11-q13 in Japanese autistic patients. Psychiatr Genet. 2008;18:133-6 pubmed publisher..This study provides no positive evidence of the association between the common breakpoints of chromosome 15q11-q13 and autism in the Japanese population. ..
- Shimaya M, Muneta T, Ichinose S, Tsuji K, Sekiya I. Magnesium enhances adherence and cartilage formation of synovial mesenchymal stem cells through integrins. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2010;18:1300-9 pubmed publisher..Magnesium enhanced adherence of synovial MSCs through integrins, which promoted synthesis of cartilage matrix at an early phase. ..
- Kawakubo Y, Suga M, Tochigi M, Yumoto M, Itoh K, Sasaki T, et al. Effects of metabotropic glutamate receptor 3 genotype on phonetic mismatch negativity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24929 pubmed publisher..MMN/MMF, particularly those in response to speech sounds, may be a promising and sensitive intermediate phenotype for clarifying glutamatergic dysfunction in schizophrenia. ..
- Miyazaki Y, Kosaka T, Mikami S, Kikuchi E, Tanaka N, Maeda T, et al. The prognostic significance of vasohibin-1 expression in patients with upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:4145-53 pubmed publisher..VASH1 density represents a clinically relevant predictor of patient prognosis in UTUC. The results suggest that VASH1 density could become a new biomarker and provide additional prognostic information in patients with UTUC. ..
- Nakayama M, Keino H, Okada A, Watanabe T, Taki W, Inoue M, et al. Enhanced depth imaging optical coherence tomography of the choroid in Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada disease. Retina. 2012;32:2061-9 pubmed publisher..Our objective was to analyze subfoveal choroidal thickness by EDI-OCT before and after the initiation of high-dose corticosteroid treatment in 8 patients (16 eyes) with new-onset acute Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada (VKH) disease...
- Fukunaka Y, Sawada S, Nishiura C, Noguchi J, Tsukamoto K, Otsuji Y, et al. Susceptibility to upper respiratory tract infection and touching of the eyes or nose: a cross-sectional study of Japanese workers. J Occup Health. 2013;55:66-73 pubmed..cross-sectional study indicates that susceptibility to URTI and how often the eyes or nose are touched are significantly associated in Japanese workers, independent of preventive behaviors and routine behaviors associated with URTIs ..
- Yamada T, Yuasa M, Masaoka T, Taniyama T, Maehara H, Torigoe I, et al. After repeated division, bone marrow stromal cells express inhibitory factors with osteogenic capabilities, and EphA5 is a primary candidate. Bone. 2013;57:343-54 pubmed publisher..In addition, this avenue of discovery may provide new therapeutic targets and quality-control markers of the osteogenic differentiation capabilities of hBMSCs. ..
- Ichikawa K, Kashio A, Mori H, Ochi A, Karino S, Sakamoto T, et al. A new computed tomography method to identify meningitis-related cochlear ossification and fibrosis before cochlear implantation. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014;150:646-53 pubmed publisher..To develop a new method to determine the presence of intracochlear ossification and/or fibrosis in cochlear implantation candidates with bilateral profound deafness following meningitis...
- Kumakiri J, Kikuchi I, Kitade M, Jinushi M, Shinjyo A, Takeda S. Potential risk of port-site adhesions in patients after laparoscopic myomectomy using radially expanding trocars. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015;128:5-9 pubmed publisher..79; 95% confidence interval, 1.09-2.94; P=0.02). The present data suggest that the incidence of port-site hernias and adhesions under RET incisional scars is low despite the non-closure of fascial and peritoneal defects. ..
- Abe M, Higuchi T, Moriuchi M, Okamura M, Tei R, Nagura C, et al. Efficacy and safety of saxagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, in hemodialysis patients with diabetic nephropathy: A randomized open-label prospective trial. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;116:244-52 pubmed publisher..Saxagliptin (2.5mg/day) was effective and well tolerated when used as monotherapy or combined with other antidiabetic drugs in Japanese hemodialysis patients with type 2 diabetes. UMIN000018445. ..
- Mori T, Sukeda A, Sekine S, Shibata S, Ryo E, Okano H, et al. SOX10 Expression as Well as BRAF and GNAQ/11 Mutations Distinguish Pigmented Ciliary Epithelium Neoplasms From Uveal Melanomas. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:5445-5451 pubmed publisher..APCE is a separate entity distinguished from UM by the absence of SOX10 expression and presence of the BRAF V600E mutation. These results have implications for diagnosis, providing a means to distinguish between UM and APCE. ..
- Ishikawa Y, Wada I, Fukumoto M. Alpha-particle carcinogenesis in Thorotrast patients: epidemiology, dosimetry, pathology, and molecular analysis. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2001;20:311-5 pubmed
- Suzuki S, Nogawa S, Tanaka K, Koto A, Fukuuchi Y, Kuwana M. Initial predictors of development of pure red cell aplasia in myasthenia gravis after thymectomy. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2003;106:16-8 pubmed..Japanese MG patients with these characteristics at presentation were at significant risk for the development of PRCA after thymectomy. ..
- Fujimoto H, Taguchi J, Imai Y, Ayabe S, Hashimoto H, Kobayashi H, et al. Manganese superoxide dismutase polymorphism affects the oxidized low-density lipoprotein-induced apoptosis of macrophages and coronary artery disease. Eur Heart J. 2008;29:1267-74 pubmed..Our data indicate that the alanine variant of signal peptide increases the mitochondrial MnSOD activity, protects macrophages against the oxLDL-induced apoptosis, and reduces the risk of CAD and AMI. ..
- Takeuchi H, Kitade M, Kikuchi I, Shimanuki H, Kumakiri J, Takeda S. Influencing factors of adhesion development and the efficacy of adhesion-preventing agents in patients undergoing laparoscopic myomectomy as evaluated by a second-look laparoscopy. Fertil Steril. 2008;89:1247-53 pubmed..Development of surgical wound adhesions after LM can be prevented by the use of an appropriate adhesion-preventing agent. ..
- Yomo S, Hayashi M, Chernov M, Tamura N, Izawa M, Okada Y, et al. Stereotactic radiosurgery of residual or recurrent craniopharyngioma: new treatment concept using Leksell gamma knife model C with automatic positioning system. Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2009;87:360-7 pubmed publisher..The present study analyzed the initial experience with the application of the original concept of 'robotic microradiosurgery' using Leksell Gamma Knife Model C with automatic positioning system for management of craniopharyngiomas...
- Zhang Z, Moji K, Cai G, Ikemoto J, Kuroiwa C. Risk of sharps exposure among health science students in northeast China. Biosci Trends. 2008;2:105-11 pubmed..Sharps exposures were underreported to supervisors. Effective OES educational programs need to be developed and should be implemented early in health science students' education...
- Kato T, Nishigaki Y, Noguchi Y, Ueno H, Hosoya H, Ito T, et al. Extensive and rapid screening for major mitochondrial DNA point mutations in patients with hereditary hearing loss. J Hum Genet. 2010;55:147-54 pubmed publisher..11778G>A in the MT-ND4 gene and 15498G>A in the MT-CYB gene were detected in one patient for each. This screening system is useful for the genetic diagnosis and epidemiological study of both syndromic and non-syndromic HL...
- Okazaki K. Relationship between initial crowding and interproximal force during retention phase. J Oral Sci. 2010;52:197-201 pubmed..In conclusion, orthodontists should pay special attention to potential relapse in the lower anterior teeth 6 months after active treatment in cases with severe anterior crowding before treatment. ..
- Yokoyama M, Suzuki N, Yokoyama T, Yokoyama A, Funazu K, Shimizu T, et al. Interactions between migraine and tension-type headache and alcohol drinking, alcohol flushing, and hangover in Japanese. J Headache Pain. 2012;13:137-45 pubmed publisher..Among never flushers, women with migraine were more susceptible to hangover than women with OH. The difference in alcohol sensitivity may partly explain less alcohol consumption by migraineurs. ..
- Hayashi K, Tomidokoro A, Lee K, Konno S, Saito H, Mayama C, et al. Spectral-domain optical coherence tomography of ?-zone peripapillary atrophy: influence of myopia and glaucoma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:1499-505 pubmed publisher..The lack of BM on the PPA bed was closely associated with myopia. The downward-curved appearance of BM may be related to the anatomic changes associated with glaucoma. ..
- Betsuin Y, Mashima Y, Ohde H, Inoue R, Oguchi Y. Clinical application of the multifocal VEPs. Curr Eye Res. 2001;22:54-63 pubmed..Multifocal VEPs summed within four quadrants can be used for an objective evaluation of the visual fields. The testing can be obtained in 4 min with no pain or discomfort to the patient. ..
- Watanabe T, Takagi A, Sasagawa N, Ishiura S, Nakase H. Altered expression of CUG binding protein 1 mRNA in myotonic dystrophy 1: possible RNA-RNA interaction. Neurosci Res. 2004;49:47-54 pubmed..These results suggest that the CUG expansion may bind to complementary sequences within the CUGBP1 mRNA and that this molecular interaction may affect CUGBP1 mRNA expression in DM1. ..
- Kato H, Sugita T, Ishibashi Y, Nishikawa A. Detection and quantification of specific IgE antibodies against eight Malassezia species in sera of patients with atopic dermatitis by using an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. Microbiol Immunol. 2006;50:851-6 pubmed..restricta contained species specific as well as shared antigens. Therefore, M. restricta could be considered as a candidate diagnostic antigen for detecting anti-Malassezia IgE in sera from AD patients. ..
- Teranishi N, Naito Z, Ishiwata T, Tanaka N, Furukawa K, Seya T, et al. Identification of neovasculature using nestin in colorectal cancer. Int J Oncol. 2007;30:593-603 pubmed..071). Nestin is considered a novel angiogenesis marker of proliferating endothelial cells in colorectal cancer tissue. ..
- Hayashida M, Nagashima M, Satoh Y, Katoh R, Tagami M, Ide S, et al. Analgesic requirements after major abdominal surgery are associated with OPRM1 gene polymorphism genotype and haplotype. Pharmacogenomics. 2008;9:1605-16 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that OPRM1 gene tag SNP genotypes and haplotypes can primarily contribute to prediction of postoperative analgesic requirements in individual patients undergoing major open abdominal surgery. ..
- Hongo I, Baba T, Oishi K, Morimoto Y, Ito T, Hiramatsu K. Phenol-soluble modulin alpha 3 enhances the human neutrophil lysis mediated by Panton-Valentine leukocidin. J Infect Dis. 2009;200:715-23 pubmed publisher..Phenol-soluble modulin alpha 3 did, however, enhance PVL-mediated lysis of human PMNs. ..
- Lee S, Yabe D, Nohtomi K, Takada M, Morita R, Seino Y, et al. Intact glucagon-like peptide-1 levels are not decreased in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes. Endocr J. 2010;57:119-26 pubmed..We concluded that intact GLP-1 levels are comparable between non-diabetics and T2DM, suggesting that impaired insulin secretion in Japanese T2DM is not attributable to defect in GLP-1 secretion. ..
- Miyawaki S, Hatsumi N, Tamaki T, Naoe T, Ozawa K, Kitamura K, et al. Prognostic potential of detection of WT1 mRNA level in peripheral blood in adult acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2010;51:1855-61 pubmed publisher..04), respectively. WT1 mRNA levels in the peripheral blood can predict relapse after CR, and its levels after consolidation therapy are closely correlated with DFS, OS, and early relapse. ..
- Ebe N, Hara Yokoyama M, Iwasaki K, Iseki S, Okuhara S, Podyma Inoue K, et al. Pocket epithelium in the pathological setting for HMGB1 release. J Dent Res. 2011;90:235-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, the periodontal epithelium may provide a unique pathological setting for HMGB1 release by bacterial insult. ..
- Ohba S, Kobayashi M, Horiguchi T, Onozuka S, Yoshida K, Ohira T, et al. Long-term surgical outcome and biological prognostic factors in patients with skull base meningiomas. J Neurosurg. 2011;114:1278-87 pubmed publisher..Additional radiation therapy should be recommended, especially for patients with pathobiological risk factors, but not necessarily for those without such risks. ..
- Sapkota B, Hijikata M, Matsushita I, Tanaka G, Ieki R, Kobayashi N, et al. Association of SLC11A1 (NRAMP1) polymorphisms with pulmonary Mycobacterium avium complex infection. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:529-36 pubmed publisher..Although the significance was modest, rs2279014 is in strong LD with nearby SNPs and further studies are required for conclusive validation. ..
- Ikegame T, Bundo M, Sunaga F, Asai T, Nishimura F, Yoshikawa A, et al. DNA methylation analysis of BDNF gene promoters in peripheral blood cells of schizophrenia patients. Neurosci Res. 2013;77:208-14 pubmed publisher..Epigenetic alteration of BDNF in the PBC might reflect the pathophysiology of schizophrenia, and could be a potential biomarker. ..
- Inoue D, Muraoka R, Okazaki R, Nishizawa Y, Sugimoto T. Efficacy and Safety of Risedronate in Osteoporosis Subjects with Comorbid Diabetes, Hypertension, and/or Dyslipidemia: A Post Hoc Analysis of Phase III Trials Conducted in Japan. Calcif Tissue Int. 2016;98:114-22 pubmed publisher..01-1.11), but was not related to increase in any specific events. Risedronate shows consistent safety and efficacy in suppressing bone turnover and increasing BMD in osteoporosis patients with comorbid DM, HT, and/or DL. ..