Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications773 found, 100 shown here
- Yoshimura T, Yoshikawa M, Otori N, Haruna S, Moriyama H. Correlation between the prostaglandin D(2)/E(2) ratio in nasal polyps and the recalcitrant pathophysiology of chronic rhinosinusitis associated with bronchial asthma. Allergol Int. 2008;57:429-36 pubmed..We may therefore say that the PGD(2)/PGE(2) ratio reflects the intractable nature of CRS. ..
- Yonemori K, Tsuta K, Shimizu C, Hatanaka Y, Hashizume K, Ono M, et al. Immunohistochemical expression of PTEN and phosphorylated Akt are not correlated with clinical outcome in breast cancer patients treated with trastuzumab-containing neo-adjuvant chemotherapy. Med Oncol. 2009;26:344-9 pubmed publisher..Except among patients with pathological complete remission, the persistent over-expression of HER2/neu may be a poor prognostic factor. ..
- Katada Y, Isogai J, Ina H, Tezuka M, Umehara I, Shibuya H. Potential extraperitoneal space continuous with the peri-intestinal space: CT evidence and anatomical evaluation in patients with pneumatosis intestinalis without intestinal ischemia. Surg Radiol Anat. 2009;31:707-13 pubmed publisher..Here, we evaluated potential anatomical extraperitoneal spaces based on the extraluminal gas distribution in patients with pneumatosis intestinalis without intestinal ischemia...
- Hirai H, Omura K, Harada H, Tohara H. Sequential evaluation of swallowing function in patients with unilateral neck dissection. Head Neck. 2010;32:896-904 pubmed publisher..However, it is unknown whether neck dissection can cause dysphagia. The aim of this study was to evaluate swallowing function after neck dissection...
- Sekine T, Konno M, Sasaki S, Moritani S, Miura T, Wong W, et al. Patients with Epstein-Fechtner syndromes owing to MYH9 R702 mutations develop progressive proteinuric renal disease. Kidney Int. 2010;78:207-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, MYH9 R702 mutations display a strict genotype-phenotype correlation, and lead to the rapid deterioration of podocyte structure. Our results highlight the critical role of NMMHC-IIA in the development of FSGS. ..
- Nomura K, Yano E, Fukui T. Gender differences in clinical confidence: a nationwide survey of resident physicians in Japan. Acad Med. 2010;85:647-53 pubmed publisher..This nationwide resident survey demonstrated gender differences in clinical confidence levels. Future studies require careful monitoring of self-confidence and its impact on physicians' professional development. ..
- Shirokane M, Kikuchi F, Satomi M, Suzuki S. Isolated torsion of a left normal fallopian tube during pregnancy. J Nippon Med Sch. 2011;78:40-1 pubmed..Although uncommon, especially on the left side, torsion of the fallopian tube should be included in the differential diagnosis of abdominal pain during pregnancy...
- Mori T, Kato J, Yamane A, Aisa Y, Kawata Y, Ichimura M, et al. Prevention of cytarabine-induced kerato-conjunctivitis by eye rinse in patients receiving high-dose cytarabine and total body irradiation as a conditioning for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Int J Hematol. 2011;94:261-265 pubmed publisher..00001, respectively). These results strongly suggest that eye rinse effectively reduces the incidence and severity of cytarabine-induced kerato-conjunctivitis in HSCT recipients who receive high-dose cytarabine following TBI. ..
- Tsunoda K, Harihara S, Tanabe Y, Dashnyam B. Polymorphism of the apolipoprotein B gene and association with plasma lipid and lipoprotein levels in the Mongolian Buryat. Biochem Genet. 2012;50:249-68 pubmed publisher..Significant associations of genotypes were shown with the triglyceride level only at the AluI and XbaI sites. The lipid level of A-A+ females or X-X+ males was higher than that of A-A- females or X-X- males, respectively. ..
- Hirokawa S, Matsumoto T, Katsumata Y, Kitani M, Akazawa M, Takahashi Y, et al. Psychosocial and psychiatric characteristics of suicide completers with psychiatric treatment before death: a psychological autopsy study of 76 cases. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2012;66:292-302 pubmed publisher..In addition, a higher proportion of the treatment cases suffered from schizophrenia. ..
- Ohtaki U, Ozawa H, Ishizuka T, Kamiishi A, Sasaki K, Nakajima S, et al. [Evaluation of serum total carnitine values in persons with severe motor and intellectual disabilities with enteral (tube) feeding]. No To Hattatsu. 2012;44:374-7 pubmed
- Hattori T, Hata M, Sezai A, Wakui S, Shiono M. Surgical treatment of atrial septal defect in a patient with familial antithrombin-III deficiency. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2013;19:323-5 pubmed..In patients with familial antithrombin-III deficiency, administration of antithrombin-III concentrate is effective when cardiopulmonary bypass is required. ..
- Yoshida T, Matsuwaki Y, Asaka D, Hama T, Otori N, Moriyama H. The expression of protease-activated receptors in chronic rhinosinusitis. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2013;161 Suppl 2:138-46 pubmed publisher..Differences in the expression of PAR-2 and PAR-3 on epithelial cells, eosinophils and neutrophils may be involved in the pathogenesis of CRS. CRS may be able to be treated by targeting PAR-2 and PAR-3. ..
- Oda H, Sato T, Kunishima S, Nakagawa K, Izawa K, Hiejima E, et al. Exon skipping causes atypical phenotypes associated with a loss-of-function mutation in FLNA by restoring its protein function. Eur J Hum Genet. 2016;24:408-14 pubmed publisher..This study expands the diversity of the phenotypes associated with loss-of-function mutations in FLNA. ..
- Lucas E, Dyer N, Murakami K, Lee Y, Chan Y, Grimaldi G, et al. Loss of Endometrial Plasticity in Recurrent Pregnancy Loss. Stem Cells. 2016;34:346-56 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that stem cell deficiency and accelerated stromal senescence limit the differentiation capacity of the endometrium and predispose for pregnancy failure. ..
- Ogawa M, Anan T, Suzuki T, Okuma M, Ichihara K, Hasegawa T, et al. Initial Report of Phase II Study on Bi-weekly SOX plus Cetuximab Treatment for Wild-type K-RAS Advanced and Recurrent Colorectal Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2505-11 pubmed..These regimens seem to be promising for conversion therapy (4 out of 18 patients) because of good outcomes and an early response. ..
- Ichida K, Amaya Y, Kamatani N, Nishino T, Hosoya T, Sakai O. Identification of two mutations in human xanthine dehydrogenase gene responsible for classical type I xanthinuria. J Clin Invest. 1997;99:2391-7 pubmed..Thus, in three subjects with type I xanthinuria, the primary genetic defects were confirmed to be in the xanthine dehydrogenase gene. ..
- Negishi K, Tezuka Y, Kushikata N, Wakamatsu S. Photorejuvenation for Asian skin by intense pulsed light. Dermatol Surg. 2001;27:627-31; discussion 632 pubmed..Photorejuvenation using IPL is a completely safe and effective procedure even for Asian skin. It will be increasingly used for skin rejuvenation in the future. ..
- Uramatsu M, Saida Y, Nagao J, Takase M, Sai K, Okumura C, et al. Omental cyst: report of a case. Surg Today. 2001;31:1104-6 pubmed..Pathological examination of the surgical specimen revealed endothelial cells on its internal wall and colonies of lymphocytes, confirming a diagnosis of lymphangioma, which is the most common type of omental cyst. ..
- Naito M, Kawashima A, Akiba T, Takanashi M, Nihei H. Effects of an angiotensin II receptor antagonist and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors on burst forming units-erythroid in chronic hemodialysis patients. Am J Nephrol. 2003;23:287-93 pubmed..The ACE inhibitors produced a smaller effect than the AT1 receptor antagonist. AT1 receptor blockade can directly inhibit erythropoiesis in vitro. ..
- Kurata A, Nonaka T, Arimura Y, Nunokawa M, Terado Y, Sudo K, et al. Multiple ulcers with perforation of the small intestine in buerger's disease: a case report. Gastroenterology. 2003;125:911-6 pubmed..Nevertheless, the manifestation of regularly distanced skip intestinal ulcers in Buerger's disease is apparently unique. In addition, detailed pathological findings delineated this rare condition. ..
- Ogawa T, Hirose H, Miyashita K, Saito I, Saruta T. GPR40 gene Arg211His polymorphism may contribute to the variation of insulin secretory capacity in Japanese men. Metabolism. 2005;54:296-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the Arg211His polymorphism in the GPR40 gene may contribute to the variation of insulin secretory capacity in Japanese men. ..
- Mitsuo A, Morimoto S, Nakiri Y, Suzuki J, Kaneko H, Tokano Y, et al. Decreased CD161+CD8+ T cells in the peripheral blood of patients suffering from rheumatic diseases. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2006;45:1477-84 pubmed..This result suggests that there is also an abnormality of NKT cells in the CD8(+) population. ..
- Hasegawa J, Matsuoka R, Ichizuka K, Fujikawa H, Sekizawa A, Okai T. Umbilical cord insertion to the lower uterine segment is a risk factor for vasa previa. Fetal Diagn Ther. 2007;22:358-60 pubmed..It should be considered that umbilical cord insertion to the lower uterine segment is a high risk for vasa previa. Ultrasound screening for cord insertion will make it possible to do efficient and certain detection of vasa previa. ..
- Shimada H, Nakashizuka H, Hattori T, Mori R, Mizutani Y, Yuzawa M. 25-Gauge peripheral iridectomy during vitrectomy. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2007;17:857-9 pubmed..To report peripheral iridectomy using a 25-gauge vitreous cutter in a 42-year-old man with pupillary block due to adhesion of the internal iris surface to the continuous circular capsulorhexis...
- Matsuda N, Katsube K, Mikami S, Katsuki Y, Iseki H, Mukai M, et al. E-cadherin expression in the subepithelial nevus cells of the giant congenital nevocellular nevi (GCNN) correlates with their migration ability in vitro. J Dermatol Sci. 2008;52:21-30 pubmed publisher..Giant congenital nevocellular nevi (GCNN) are histologically characterized by the broad distribution of nevus cells in the epidermis and dermis...
- Hibi T, Sameshima Y, Sekiguchi Y, Hisatome Y, Maruyama F, Moriwaki K, et al. Treating ulcerative colitis by Adacolumn therapeutic leucocytapheresis: clinical efficacy and safety based on surveillance of 656 patients in 53 centres in Japan. Dig Liver Dis. 2009;41:570-7 pubmed publisher..Baseline granulocyte count was convincingly an independent predictor of clinical response. ..
- Nakagawa T, Kanai Y, Komiyama M, Fujimoto H, Kakizoe T. Characteristics of prostate cancers found in specimens removed by radical cystoprostatectomy for bladder cancer and their relationship with serum prostate-specific antigen level. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1880-4 pubmed publisher..PSA still appears to be a useful screening tool for detecting prostate cancers with significant volume. ..
- Fujimoto H, Kobayashi H, Ohno M. Age-induced reduction in mitochondrial manganese superoxide dismutase activity and tolerance of macrophages against apoptosis induced by oxidized low density lipoprotein. Circ J. 2010;74:353-60 pubmed..mtMnSOD activity decreases with age, thereby reducing the tolerance of macrophages against oxLDL-induced apoptosis. Our data may provide an important clue to clarify the mechanisms of age-induced atherosclerosis. ..
- Uno S, Zembutsu H, Hirasawa A, Takahashi A, Kubo M, Akahane T, et al. A genome-wide association study identifies genetic variants in the CDKN2BAS locus associated with endometriosis in Japanese. Nat Genet. 2010;42:707-10 pubmed publisher..66 x 10(-6), odds ratio = 1.20). Our findings suggest that these regions are new susceptibility loci for endometriosis. ..
- Kikuta K, Tochigi N, Saito S, Shimoda T, Morioka H, Toyama Y, et al. Peroxiredoxin 2 as a chemotherapy responsiveness biomarker candidate in osteosarcoma revealed by proteomics. Proteomics Clin Appl. 2010;4:560-7 pubmed publisher..These results establish PRDX 2 as a candidate for chemotherapy responsiveness marker in OS. Measuring PRDX 2 in biopsy samples before treatment may contribute to more effective management of OS. ..
- Tanaka T, Morita A, Kato M, Hirai T, Mizoue T, Terauchi Y, et al. Congener-specific polychlorinated biphenyls and the prevalence of diabetes in the Saku Control Obesity Program (SCOP). Endocr J. 2011;58:589-96 pubmed
- Jwa S, Arata N, Sakamoto N, Watanabe N, Aoki H, Kurauchi Mito A, et al. Prediction of pregnancy-induced hypertension by a shift of blood pressure class according to the JSH 2009 guidelines. Hypertens Res. 2011;34:1203-8 pubmed publisher..05). Within JSH 2009 Classes I, II and III, a shift in BP from a low to a high class between 16 and 20 weeks of gestation predicts the subsequent development of PIH. ..
- Nakamura Y, Matsumoto S, Matsushita A, Yoshioka M, Shimizu T, Yamahatsu K, et al. Pancreaticojejunostomy with closure of the pancreatic stump by endoscopic linear stapler in laparoscopic pancreaticoduodenectomy: a reliable technique and benefits for pancreatic resection. Asian J Endosc Surg. 2012;5:191-4 pubmed publisher..Our pancreaticojejunostomy with closure of the pancreatic stump by endoscopic linear stapler is a feasible procedure in Lap-PD and has produced positive results over a short time frame. ..
- Kissane L, Ikeda B, Akizuki R, Nozaki S, Yoshimura K, Ikegami N. End-of-life preferences of the general public: Results from a Japanese national survey. Health Policy. 2015;119:1472-81 pubmed publisher..Few people preferred to die at home, while a preference for hospital was largely determined by factors other than preference for LST. ..
- Hattori S, Kikuchi E, Kosaka T, Miyazaki Y, Tanaka N, Miyajima A, et al. Relationship Between Increased Expression of the Axl/Gas6 Signal Cascade and Prognosis of Patients with Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:663-70 pubmed publisher..The protein expression of Axl and its ligand Gas6 may be a useful indicator for a worse clinical outcome in UTUC patients, especially patients with pT â‰¥ 2, who underwent radical nephroureterectomy. ..
- Matsumura N, Oki S, Ogawa K, Iwamoto T, Ochi K, Sato K, et al. Three-dimensional anthropometric analysis of the glenohumeral joint in a normal Japanese population. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2016;25:493-501 pubmed publisher..The present results would be useful to determine the size of implants and to improve the design of shoulder prostheses that reflect the normal anatomy of the Asian glenohumeral joint. ..
- Sakurai D, Yonekura S, Iinuma T, Sakurai T, Morimoto Y, Mita Y, et al. Sublingual immunotherapy for allergic rhinitis: subjective versus objective tools to evaluate its success. Rhinology. 2016;54:221-30 pubmed publisher..The number of JC pollen-specific IL-10+Foxp3+ cells increased only in these good responders. Changes in levels of allergen-specific Th2 cytokine-producing cells and IL-10+Foxp3+ cells could be objective biomarkers for SLIT. ..
- Kaneko K, Aoki M, Hattori S, Sato M, Kawana S. Successful treatment of Kimura's disease with cyclosporine. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1999;41:893-4 pubmed..The patient was reassessed 18 months after the cessation of treatment and there was no evidence of recurrence of the disease. We speculate that the effects of cyclosporine on T helper-2 cells improves Kimura's disease. ..
- Jishage M, Fujino T, Yamazaki Y, Kuroda H, Nakamura T. Identification of target genes for EWS/ATF-1 chimeric transcription factor. Oncogene. 2003;22:41-9 pubmed..Moreover, induction of POSH brought apoptotic cell death to KAS, the clear cell sarcoma (CCS) cell line, suggesting that repressed expression of POSH in CCS may be relevant to the normal signaling pathway in apoptosis. ..
- Arimoto T, Katagiri T, Oda K, Tsunoda T, Yasugi T, Osuga Y, et al. Genome-wide cDNA microarray analysis of gene-expression profiles involved in ovarian endometriosis. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:551-60 pubmed..These data should provide useful information for finding candidate genes whose products might serve as molecular targets for diagnosis or treatment of endometriosis...
- Kawano Y, Ishizaki S, Sasamoto S, Katoh Y, Kobayashi S. Effect of meals with milk on body iron stores and improvement of dietary habit during weight loss in female rhythmic gymnasts. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2002;48:395-400 pubmed..Further, milk intake with meals is related to keeping regular meal times and frequency. ..
- Suzuki H, Yamadera H, Asayama K, Kudo Y, Ito T, Tamura Y, et al. Study of nocturnal sleep and the carryover effects of triazolam and brotizolam using neurophysiological and subjective methods. Neuropsychobiology. 2003;47:158-64 pubmed..05) compared with PLA. TRZ (0.125 and 0.25 mg) and 0.25 mg BRZ exerted different effects on SLT. We suggest that these different effects are attributable to differences in the half-life of these hypnotics. ..
- Sakai T, Shikishima K, Mizobuchi T, Yoshida M, Kitahara K. Bilateral tonic pupils associated with neurosyphilis. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2003;47:368-71 pubmed..To describe 4 patients with bilateral tonic pupils in neurosyphilis...
- Nomoto N, Konno S, Sugimoto H, Kurihara T, Wakata N. Wallenberg syndrome with SIADH. Eur Neurol. 2005;53:35-6 pubmed
- Maeda Y, Tsuchida M, Fukaya T. Extensive endoscopic sinus surgery from the viewpoint of out-patients in a metropolitan area. J Laryngol Otol. 2005;119:23-6 pubmed..Nine (53 per cent) had some unexpected problems post-operatively. The establishment of a care pathway may improve the outcome of extensive FESS on an out-patient basis...
- Mito K, Kaneko K, Makabe H, Takanokura M, Sakamoto K. Comparison of experimental and numerical muscle fiber conduction velocity (MFCV) distribution around the end-plate zone and fiber endings. Med Sci Monit. 2006;12:BR115-23 pubmed..Therefore, it is demonstrated by experimental and theoretical studies that MFCV, Rxy(Ts), and AMPratio are influenced by irregular waveform properties depending on both positions of the end-plate and fiber endings. ..
- Hayashi T, Gekka T, Takeuchi T, Goto Omoto S, Kitahara K. A novel homozygous GRK1 mutation (P391H) in 2 siblings with Oguchi disease with markedly reduced cone responses. Ophthalmology. 2007;114:134-41 pubmed..The objective of this study was to describe the ophthalmic features and a novel mutation in the GRK1 (rhodopsin kinase) gene in 2 Japanese patients with Oguchi disease...
- Adachi M, Ishihara K, Inoue H, Kudo K, Takahashi K, Morita Y, et al. Efficacy and safety of inhaled ciclesonide compared with chlorofluorocarbon beclomethasone dipropionate in adults with moderate to severe persistent asthma. Respirology. 2007;12:573-80 pubmed..In adult patients with moderate to severe asthma, 800 microg/day of HFA-ciclesonide was significantly more effective than 800 microg/day of CFC-BDP. Ciclesonide at doses of 400 microg/day and 800 microg/day was safe and well tolerated. ..
- Yano Y, Nagahama M, Sugino K, Ito K, Kameyama K, Ito K. Paraganglioma of the thyroid: report of a male case with ultrasonographic imagings, cytologic, histologic, and immunohistochemical features. Thyroid. 2007;17:575-8 pubmed..The definitive diagnosis of paraganglioma is made on the basis of the results of immunohistochemical staining. The diagnosis of thyroid paraganglioma is difficult to make both preoperatively and postoperatively. ..
- Sekita Y, Takeshita K, Tani M, Okamura N, Chida T, Kawano T, et al. Microbiological evaluation after gastrectomy and reconstruction for gastric cancer. Int Surg. 2007;92:355-60 pubmed..Some patients after jejunal pouch reconstruction worried about their halitosis. Therefore, elimination of anaerobes may relieve it and improve postoperative quality of life...
- Akhter M, Inoue M, Kurahashi N, Iwasaki M, Sasazuki S, Tsugane S. Reproductive factors, exogenous female hormone use and colorectal cancer risk: the Japan Public Health Center-based Prospective Study. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2008;17:515-24 pubmed publisher..59). In contrast, no statistically significant association was found for rectal cancer. These findings suggest that late age at first birth is associated with a reduced risk of colon cancer in postmenopausal Japanese women. ..
- Hirata T, Osuga Y, Fujimoto A, Oishi H, Hiroi H, Fujiwara T, et al. Conjoined twins in a triplet pregnancy after intracytoplasmic sperm injection and blastocyst transfer: case report and review of the literature. Fertil Steril. 2009;91:933.e9-12 pubmed publisher..Our case is unique in that the transferred embryos were blastocysts that might have had additional damage on the zona pellucida from the longer culture. ..
- Kawasaki H, Morinushi T, Yakushiji M, Takigawa M. Nonlinear dynamical analysis of the effect by six stimuli on electroencephalogram. J Clin Neurophysiol. 2009;26:24-38 pubmed publisher..We confirmed that the change observed in the complexity in response to which the chewing stimulus relates in our present study is the model that best fits that theory of the change on complexity suggested by Stam CJ...
- Isoda T, Ford A, Tomizawa D, van Delft F, De Castro D, Mitsuiki N, et al. Immunologically silent cancer clone transmission from mother to offspring. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:17882-5 pubmed publisher..e., foreign to the infant), suggesting a possible mechanism for immune evasion. ..
- Tobinai K, Ogura M, Itoh K, Kinoshita T, Hotta T, Watanabe T, et al. Randomized phase II study of concurrent and sequential combinations of rituximab plus CHOP (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisolone) chemotherapy in untreated indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma: 7-year follow-up results. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:2579-85 pubmed publisher
- Kosaka T, Kikuchi E, Mikami S, Miyajima A, Shirotake S, Ishida M, et al. Expression of snail in upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma: prognostic significance and implications for tumor invasion. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:5814-23 pubmed publisher..Snail-induced EMT represents a clinically relevant mechanism of UTUC progression and an attractive target for the treatment of patients with UTUC. ..
- Ono M, Tsuda H, Shimizu C, Yamamoto S, Shibata T, Yamamoto H, et al. Tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes are correlated with response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in triple-negative breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;132:793-805 pubmed publisher..Although the whole analysis was exploratory, the degree of TIL correlated with immune response appear to play a substantial role in the response to NAC in TNBC. ..
- Kojima S, Hirata M, Shinohara H, Ueno E. Reproducibility of scan prescription in follow-up brain MRI: manual versus automatic determination. Radiol Phys Technol. 2013;6:375-84 pubmed publisher..05). We conclude that, in follow-up brain MRI, automatic positioning should be used, because manual positioning decreases the reproducibility of the scan prescription even if the same operator performs the second scan. ..
- Ikeda Y, Oda K, Hiraike Wada O, Koso T, Miyasaka A, Kashiyama T, et al. Cyclin D1 harboring the T286I mutation promotes oncogenic activation in endometrial cancer. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:584-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we identified an unreported CCND1 mutation (T286I) in two endometrial cancers and revealed that the mutation was functional for inducing cell proliferation in human cells. ..
- Kuboki Y, Matsusaka S, Minowa S, Shibata H, Suenaga M, Shinozaki E, et al. Circulating tumor cell (CTC) count and epithelial growth factor receptor expression on CTCs as biomarkers for cetuximab efficacy in advanced colorectal cancer. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:3905-10 pubmed..These results suggest that the assessment of CTCs might provide with important prognostic information for such patients. ..
- Hayamizu F, Yamazaki Y. [Effects of optic disc size on progression of visual field defects in normal-tension glaucoma]. Nippon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi. 2013;117:609-15 pubmed..In clinical factors, no statistically significant difference except disc area was found between the two groups. These findings suggest that optic disc area is associated with the progression of VF defects in patients with NTG. ..
- Takatsu Y, Hiki N, Nunobe S, Ohashi M, Honda M, Yamaguchi T, et al. Clinicopathological features of gastric cancer in young patients. Gastric Cancer. 2016;19:472-8 pubmed publisher..Early-onset gastric cancer is likely to present lymph node metastases. The survival rate of gastric cancer in young patients was equivalent to that in patients in their 60s, which is the typical age at onset. ..
- Ishida N, Araki K, Sakai T, Kobayashi K, Kobayashi T, Fukada I, et al. Fulvestrant 500Â mg in postmenopausal patients with metastatic breast cancer: the initial clinical experience. Breast Cancer. 2016;23:617-23 pubmed publisher..Patients with acquired resistance to endocrine therapies might be good candidates for fulvestrant therapy regardless of the number of prior endocrine treatments. ..
- Meltzer E, Chervinsky P, Busse W, Ohta K, Bardin P, BredenbrÃ¶ker D, et al. Roflumilast for asthma: Efficacy findings in placebo-controlled studies. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2015;35 Suppl:S20-7 pubmed publisher..All studies were funded by Takeda. Trial registration numbers available on ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT00073177, NCT00076076, NCT00163527. ..
- Miyazawa K, Ohyashiki K, Urabe A, Hata T, Nakao S, Ozawa K, et al. A safety, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic investigation of deferasirox (Exjade, ICL670) in patients with transfusion-dependent anemias and iron-overload: a Phase I study in Japan. Int J Hematol. 2008;88:73-81 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that deferasirox has a stable and predictable PK/PD profile, irrespective of underlying disease or race, and a predictable and manageable safety profile suitable for chronic administration. ..
- Kotake Y, Yamamoto M, Matsumoto M, Yamada T, Nagata H, Morisaki H, et al. Difference in autologous blood transfusion-induced inflammatory responses between acute normovolemic hemodilution and preoperative donation. J Anesth. 2009;23:61-6 pubmed publisher..Inflammatory mediators were significantly increased in PD blood during storage compared to the blood obtained by ANH. However, their effects on the inflammatory response elicited in the recipients were not significantly different. ..
- Matsuda Y, Kamitomo M. Amniotic fluid embolism: a comparison between patients who survived and those who died. J Int Med Res. 2009;37:1515-21 pubmed..AFE was accompanied by a wide variety of clinical manifestations, but early diagnosis and treatment appeared to be the most critical factors associated with survival. ..
- Ota E, Haruna M, Suzuki M, Anh D, Tho L, Tam N, et al. Maternal body mass index and gestational weight gain and their association with perinatal outcomes in Viet Nam. Bull World Health Organ. 2011;89:127-36 pubmed publisher..Having a low BMI, commonly found in Viet Nam, puts women at risk of delivering an infant too small for gestational age, especially when total maternal gestational weight gain is < 10 kg. ..
- Hayashi M, Miwa Saito N, Tanuma N, Kubota M. Brain vascular changes in Cockayne syndrome. Neuropathology. 2012;32:113-7 pubmed publisher..Since such vascular changes were not observed in XP-A cases, the increased density of vessels in CS cases was not caused by brain atrophy. Hence, brain vascular changes may be involved in neurological disturbances in CS...
- Naruse T, Sakai M, Nagata S. Effects of relational coordination among colleagues and span of control on work engagement among home-visiting nurses. Jpn J Nurs Sci. 2016;13:240-6 pubmed publisher..Agency span of control is a moderating factor on the positive effect of relational coordination with nursing colleagues on staff nurse work engagement. ..
- Furuhata S, Kameya T, Tsuruta T, Naritaka H. Clinical and ultrastructural comparison of immunohistochemically inactive and gonadotropin-producing pituitary adenomas. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 1995;35:227-30 pubmed..The immunohistochemically unstable antigenicity of gonadotropin prevents clear immunohistochemical characterization, but the difference between the two types is not absolute and may be an indication of a cell line relationship...
- Katagiri T, Emi M, Ito I, Kobayashi K, Yoshimoto M, Iwase T, et al. Mutations in the BRCA1 gene in Japanese breast cancer patients. Hum Mutat. 1996;7:334-9 pubmed..S. study (Futreal et al., 1994). The evidence reported here supports a rather limited role of BRCA1 in breast carcinogenesis. ..
- Fujimura Y, Nishi Y, Nakamura M, Toyama Y, Suzuki N. Anterior decompression and fusion for ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament of the upper thoracic spine causing myelopathy: using the manubrium splitting approach. Spinal Cord. 1996;34:387-93 pubmed..Anterior decompression and fusion by splitting the manubrium was an effective surgical procedure for OPLL of the upper thoracic spine, to achieve a good outcome, however, the extent of anterior decompression was limited...
- Tatemichi M, Kabuto M, Tsugane S. Effect of smoking on serum pepsinogen I level depends on serological status of Helicobacter pylori. Jpn J Cancer Res. 2001;92:243-8 pubmed..These data indicate that current smoking influences the serum PG I level depending on Hp-IgG titer and the associations between sPGs and Hp-IgG titer. Gastrin is not involved in the modification of PG I levels by smoking. ..
- Nakayama T, Soma M, Mizutani Y, Xinjuan X, Honye J, Kaneko Y, et al. A novel missense mutation of exon 3 in the type A human natriuretic peptide receptor gene: possible association with essential hypertension. Hypertens Res. 2002;25:395-401 pubmed..We conclude that the significance of homozygous M3411 mutation in exon 3 is worth investigating for its possible association with EH. ..
- Yamasue H, Kasai K, Iwanami A, Ohtani T, Yamada H, Abe O, et al. Voxel-based analysis of MRI reveals anterior cingulate gray-matter volume reduction in posttraumatic stress disorder due to terrorism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:9039-43 pubmed
- Nakashima E, Kitoh H, Maeda K, Haga N, Kosaki R, Mabuchi A, et al. Novel COL9A3 mutation in a family with multiple epiphyseal dysplasia. Am J Med Genet A. 2005;132A:181-4 pubmed..The radiographic phenotypes of the patients were relatively milder than those of previously reported cases, and were indistinguishable to common, idiopathic OA. ..
- Nutahara K, Higashihara E, Horie S, Kamura K, Tsuchiya K, Mochizuki T, et al. Calcium channel blocker versus angiotensin II receptor blocker in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Nephron Clin Pract. 2005;99:c18-23 pubmed..The renoprotective effect of candesartan is considered more favorable than amlodipine in the treatment of ADPKD. This is independent of the antihypertensive effect per se. ..
- Zhang X, Tochigi M, Ohashi J, Maeda K, Kato T, Okazaki Y, et al. Association study of the DISC1/TRAX locus with schizophrenia in a Japanese population. Schizophr Res. 2005;79:175-80 pubmed..Haplotype analysis did not support the association between the patients and controls. The present study suggests that the DISC1/TRAX locus may not have a major role in Japanese schizophrenia. ..
- Sasaki S, Komori T, Iwata M. Neuronal inclusions in sporadic motor neuron disease are negative for alpha-synuclein. Neurosci Lett. 2006;397:15-9 pubmed..Our findings in this study do not support the hypothesis that MND could be classified as one of the diseases grouped as alpha-synucleinopathies. ..
- Nemoto H, Nakazora H, Toda T, Wakata N, Kurahara T. Venous angioma with epilepsy. Intern Med. 2006;45:345-6 pubmed
- Kawahara S, Hyakusoku H, Ogawa R, Ohkubo S, Igarashi H, Hirakawa K. Clinical imaging diagnosis of implant materials for breast augmentation. Ann Plast Surg. 2006;57:6-12 pubmed..We have identified by imaging diagnosis the ingredients of implant materials. ..
- Otsuka Y, Duffy J, Saab S, Farmer D, Ghobrial R, Hiatt J, et al. Postresection hepatic failure: successful treatment with liver transplantation. Liver Transpl. 2007;13:672-9 pubmed..In conclusion, patients with low platelets, biopsy-proven cirrhosis, or those undergoing extended resection are at increased risk for PLF. OLT for PLF has significant morbidity but allows salvage of an otherwise fatal condition. ..
- Ko E, Shen Y, Yang C, Huang I, Shieh T, Chen C. Artificial dermis as the substitute for split-thickness skin graft in the treatment of oral submucous fibrosis. J Craniofac Surg. 2009;20:443-5 pubmed publisher..Artificial dermis may be an alternative to split-thickness skin grafts in patients with OSF with moderate trismus. ..
- Nakajima K, Yamazaki K, Kimura H, Takano K, Miyoshi H, Sato K. Novel gain of function mutations of the calcium-sensing receptor in two patients with PTH-deficient hypocalcemia. Intern Med. 2009;48:1951-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that gene analysis of CaSR should be performed in patients with idiopathic hypocalcemia, particularly when it occurs in the neonatal period. ..
- Minami S, Shinden S, Okamoto Y, Watada Y, Watabe T, Oishi N, et al. Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) for treatment of chronic tinnitus. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2011;38:301-6 pubmed publisher..Because this study was performed with a small sample size and showed high interindividual variability in treatment effects, further development of the technique is needed before it can be recommended for clinical applications. ..