Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adiponectin in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
- Kubota N, Yano W, Kubota T, Yamauchi T, Itoh S, Kumagai H, et al. Adiponectin stimulates AMP-activated protein kinase in the hypothalamus and increases food intake. Cell Metab. 2007;6:55-68 pubmed..We conclude that adiponectin stimulates food intake and decreases energy expenditure during fasting through its effects in the central nervous system. ..
- Ishikawa Y, Akasaka Y, Ishii T, Yoda Murakami M, Choi Miura N, Tomita M, et al. Changes in the distribution pattern of gelatin-binding protein of 28 kDa (adiponectin) in myocardial remodelling after ischaemic injury. Histopathology. 2003;42:43-52 pubmed..GBP28 plays a role as a scaffold of newly formed collagen in myocardial remodelling after ischaemic injury, and GBP28 immunostaining may assist in a diagnosis of healing stage. ..
- Komiya N, Hirose H, Kawabe H, Itoh H, Saito I. Effects of telmisartan therapy on metabolic profiles and serum high molecular weight (HMW)-adiponectin level in Japanese male hypertensive subjects with abdominal obesity. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2009;16:137-42 pubmed..07+/-0.68 to 2.39+/-0.99 microg/mL (+15.5%, p=0.089). These data suggest that telmisartan therapy is efficient for controlling BP, and may exert beneficial effects on HMW adiponectin in male hypertensive subjects with abdominal obesity. ..
- Tsuchiya M, Yoshida T, Taniguchi S, Yasuda K, Maeda A, Hayashi A, et al. In vivo suppression of mafA mRNA with siRNA and analysis of the resulting alteration of the gene expression profile in mouse pancreas by the microarray method. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;356:129-35 pubmed
- Shimada K, Miyazaki T, Daida H. Adiponectin and atherosclerotic disease. Clin Chim Acta. 2004;344:1-12 pubmed
- Kusunoki N, Kitahara K, Kojima F, Tanaka N, Kaneko K, Endo H, et al. Adiponectin stimulates prostaglandin E(2) production in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:1641-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that adiponectin induces COX-2 and mPGES-1 expression, resulting in the enhancement of PGE(2) production by RASFs. Thus, adiponectin may play a role in the pathogenesis of synovitis in RA patients. ..
- Yamauchi T, Kadowaki T. Physiological and pathophysiological roles of adiponectin and adiponectin receptors in the integrated regulation of metabolic and cardiovascular diseases. Int J Obes (Lond). 2008;32 Suppl 7:S13-8 pubmed publisher..It is hoped that these data will be helpful in developing treatments to counteract the destructive, expensive and painful effects of obesity. ..
- Yagi M, Suzuki N, Takayama T, Arisue M, Kodama T, Yoda Y, et al. Lactoferrin suppress the adipogenic differentiation of MC3T3-G2/PA6 cells. J Oral Sci. 2008;50:419-25 pubmed..Furthermore, our Western blot data revealed a decrease in PPARgamma expression attributable to lactoferrin exposure. These results suggest that lactoferrin suppresses the adipogenic differentiation of MC3T3-G2/PA6 cells. ..
- Nishihara R, Sugano N, Takano M, Shimada T, Tanaka H, Oka S, et al. The effect of Porphyromonas gingivalis infection on cytokine levels in type 2 diabetic mice. J Periodontal Res. 2009;44:305-10 pubmed..These observations suggest that tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin-6 and adiponectin are an integral part of the link between diabetes mellitus and Porphyromonas gingivalis infection. ..
- Kitazawa M, Nagano M, Masumoto K, Shigeyoshi Y, Natsume T, Hashimoto S. Angiopoietin-like 2, a circadian gene, improves type 2 diabetes through potentiation of insulin sensitivity in mice adipocytes. Endocrinology. 2011;152:2558-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that replenishment of Angptl2 stimulates insulin sensitivity and improves the type 2 diabetic state. ..
- Mutoh M, Teraoka N, Takasu S, Takahashi M, Onuma K, Yamamoto M, et al. Loss of adiponectin promotes intestinal carcinogenesis in Min and wild-type mice. Gastroenterology. 2011;140:2000-8, 2008.e1-2 pubmed publisher..APN and its receptor might be developed as targets for cancer chemopreventive agents. ..
- Itoh M, Suganami T, Satoh N, Tanimoto Koyama K, Yuan X, Tanaka M, et al. Increased adiponectin secretion by highly purified eicosapentaenoic acid in rodent models of obesity and human obese subjects. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:1918-25 pubmed..Because EPA has reduced the risk of major coronary events in a large-scale, prospective, randomized clinical trial, this study provides important insight into its therapeutic implication in obesity-related metabolic sequelae. ..
- Nagasaka R, Yamsaki T, Uchida A, Ohara K, Ushio H. ?-Oryzanol recovers mouse hypoadiponectinemia induced by animal fat ingestion. Phytomedicine. 2011;18:669-71 pubmed publisher..e., P<0.05). Diverse physiological functions of ORZ in crop bran might be promising us to prevent chronic inflammations in the pathogeneses of the metabolic or insulin resistance syndromes. ..
- Saito K, Tobe T, Minoshima S, Asakawa S, Sumiya J, Yoda M, et al. Organization of the gene for gelatin-binding protein (GBP28). Gene. 1999;229:67-73 pubmed..The GBP28 gene was located on human chromosome 3q27. The nucleotide sequence data reported in this paper will appear in the DDBJ/EMBL/GenBank nucleotide sequence databases with the accession numbers ABO12163, ABO12164 or ABO12165. ..
- Sakamoto M, Suzuki H, Hayashi T, Iuchi H, Isaka T, Sakamoto N, et al. Effects of candesartan in hypertensive patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus on inflammatory parameters and their relationship to pulse pressure. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012;11:118 pubmed publisher..Patients with pulse pressure <60?mmHg might receive protective benefits by candesartan. UMIN000007921. ..
- Son M, Minakawa M, Miura Y, Yagasaki K. Aspalathin improves hyperglycemia and glucose intolerance in obese diabetic ob/ob mice. Eur J Nutr. 2013;52:1607-19 pubmed publisher..In addition, aspalathin reduces the gene expression of hepatic enzymes related to glucose production and lipogenesis. These results strongly suggest that aspalathin has anti-diabetic potential. ..
- Ogawa T, Hirose H, Yamamoto Y, Nishikai K, Miyashita K, Nakamura H, et al. Relationships between serum soluble leptin receptor level and serum leptin and adiponectin levels, insulin resistance index, lipid profile, and leptin receptor gene polymorphisms in the Japanese population. Metabolism. 2004;53:879-85 pubmed
- Kamon J, Yamauchi T, Muto S, Takekawa S, Ito Y, Hada Y, et al. A novel IKKbeta inhibitor stimulates adiponectin levels and ameliorates obesity-linked insulin resistance. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:242-8 pubmed..These observations suggest that "insulin-stimulated Akt activity in adipocytes" may play an important role in the regulation of adiponectin secretion. ..
- Ishikawa M, Kitayama J, Yamauchi T, Kadowaki T, Maki T, Miyato H, et al. Adiponectin inhibits the growth and peritoneal metastasis of gastric cancer through its specific membrane receptors AdipoR1 and AdipoR2. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:1120-7 pubmed..Although adiponectin was already reported to have antiangiogenic effects, our results suggest that the antitumor effect of adiponectin was, at least partially, dependent on the direct effects on tumor cells. ..
- Yamauchi T, Kamon J, Waki H, Terauchi Y, Kubota N, Hara K, et al. The fat-derived hormone adiponectin reverses insulin resistance associated with both lipoatrophy and obesity. Nat Med. 2001;7:941-6 pubmed..These data also indicate that the replenishment of adiponectin might provide a novel treatment modality for insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Asano T, Watanabe K, Kubota N, Gunji T, Omata M, Kadowaki T, et al. Adiponectin knockout mice on high fat diet develop fibrosing steatohepatitis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24:1669-76 pubmed publisher..5%, n = 1/8), whereas no tumor was detected in WT mice (n = 10). Adiponectin may play a protective role in the progression of NASH in the early stages by suppressing tumor necrosis factor-alpha expression and liver fibrosis. ..
- Awazawa M, Ueki K, Inabe K, Yamauchi T, Kubota N, Kaneko K, et al. Adiponectin enhances insulin sensitivity by increasing hepatic IRS-2 expression via a macrophage-derived IL-6-dependent pathway. Cell Metab. 2011;13:401-412 pubmed publisher..These data have unraveled an insulin-sensitizing action initiated by adiponectin leading to upregulation of hepatic IRS-2 via an IL-6 dependent pathway through a still unidentified adiponectin receptor. ..
- Kawanami D, Maemura K, Takeda N, Harada T, Nojiri T, Imai Y, et al. Direct reciprocal effects of resistin and adiponectin on vascular endothelial cells: a new insight into adipocytokine-endothelial cell interactions. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;314:415-9 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the balance in the concentrations of adipocytokines such as resistin and adiponectin determines the inflammation status of vasculature, and in turn the progress of atherosclerosis. ..
- Kemmotsu Y, Saji T, Kusunoki N, Tanaka N, Nishimura C, Ishiguro A, et al. Serum adipokine profiles in Kawasaki disease. Mod Rheumatol. 2012;22:66-72 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that resistin plays an important role, while other adipokines do not play a major role, in the pathogenesis of Kawasaki disease. ..
- Tsuchida A, Yamauchi T, Ito Y, Hada Y, Maki T, Takekawa S, et al. Insulin/Foxo1 pathway regulates expression levels of adiponectin receptors and adiponectin sensitivity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30817-22 pubmed
- Yokoyama H, Hirose H, Ohgo H, Saito I. Inverse association between serum adiponectin level and transaminase activities in Japanese male workers. J Hepatol. 2004;41:19-24 pubmed..In addition to aggravation of insulin resistance and hyperlipidemia, some hypoadiponectinemia specific mechanisms may stand behind the association. ..
- Ishioka K, Omachi A, Sasaki N, Kimura K, Saito M. Feline adiponectin: molecular structures and plasma concentrations in obese cats. J Vet Med Sci. 2009;71:189-94 pubmed..0 +/- 3.2 microg/ml). These results suggest that adiponectin may be responsible for insulin function also in the cat, and it can be a target molecule for treatment of obesity and diabetes in cats...
- Ishikawa M, Kitayama J, Kazama S, Hiramatsu T, Hatano K, Nagawa H. Plasma adiponectin and gastric cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:466-72 pubmed
- Takemura Y, Osuga Y, Harada M, Hirata T, Koga K, Yoshino O, et al. Concentration of adiponectin in peritoneal fluid is decreased in women with endometriosis. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2005;54:217-21 pubmed..Body mass index were comparable among the groups. These findings imply that adiponectin may be an anti-endometriotic factor, possibly due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-angiogenic, and anti-fibrotic properties. ..
- Wang G, Watanabe M, Imai Y, Hara K, Manabe I, Maemura K, et al. Associations of variations in the MRF2/ARID5B gene with susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in the Japanese population. J Hum Genet. 2012;57:727-33 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, polymorphisms on the MRF2/ARID5B gene were associated with susceptibility to T2D as well as adiponectin and other clinical factors, which was in a completely concordant way with their associations with CAD. ..
- Watanabe T, Kubota N, Ohsugi M, Kubota T, Takamoto I, Iwabu M, et al. Rimonabant ameliorates insulin resistance via both adiponectin-dependent and adiponectin-independent pathways. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:1803-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, it was concluded that rimonabant ameliorates insulin resistance via both adiponectin-dependent and adiponectin-independent pathways. ..
- Nishimura R, Sano H, Matsudaira T, Miyashita Y, Morimoto A, Shirasawa T, et al. Childhood obesity and its relation to serum adiponectin and leptin: a report from a population-based study. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2007;76:245-50 pubmed..A large-scale, population-based study revealed that AD was lower and LP higher in obese children, and that the obese status in G2 was related to a worse metabolic profile than the case in G1. ..
- Iwasa Y, Otsubo S, Ishizuka T, Uchida K, Nitta K. Influence of serum high-molecular-weight and total adiponectin on arteriosclerosis in IgA nephropathy patients. Nephron Clin Pract. 2008;108:c226-32 pubmed publisher..It was noteworthy that in males the serum HMW adiponectin levels correlated more strongly with arteriosclerosis grade than the total adiponectin levels did. Adiponectin may prevent renal arteriosclerosis. ..
- Sone Y, Yamaguchi K, Fujiwara A, Kido T, Kawahara K, Ishiwaki A, et al. Association of lifestyle factors, polymorphisms in adiponectin, perilipin and hormone sensitive lipase, and clinical markers in Japanese males. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2010;56:123-31 pubmed..Those findings indicate improvement and conservation of lifestyle depending on genetic predisposition in ADIPOQ, PLIN and LIPE should be encouraged. ..
- Iwabu M, Yamauchi T, Okada Iwabu M, Sato K, Nakagawa T, Funata M, et al. Adiponectin and AdipoR1 regulate PGC-1alpha and mitochondria by Ca(2+) and AMPK/SIRT1. Nature. 2010;464:1313-9 pubmed publisher..Decreased levels of adiponectin and AdipoR1 in obesity may have causal roles in mitochondrial dysfunction and insulin resistance seen in diabetes. ..
- Yamauchi T, Kadowaki T. Adiponectin receptor as a key player in healthy longevity and obesity-related diseases. Cell Metab. 2013;17:185-96 pubmed publisher..Studies on AdipoRs will further our understanding of the role of adiponectin in obesity-linked diseases and shortened life span and may guide the design of antidiabetic and antiaging drugs with AdipoR as a target. ..
- Yano W, Kubota N, Itoh S, Kubota T, Awazawa M, Moroi M, et al. Molecular mechanism of moderate insulin resistance in adiponectin-knockout mice. Endocr J. 2008;55:515-22 pubmed
- Inoue M, Itabashi K, Nakano Y, Nakano Y, Tobe T. High-molecular-weight adiponectin and leptin levels in cord blood are associated with anthropometric measurements at birth. Horm Res. 2008;70:268-72 pubmed publisher..These results show that HMW-ad exists as a half of T-ad in the cord blood. Leptin and HMW-ad may regulate synergistically fetal growth. ..
- Shibata S, Tada Y, Asano Y, Hau C, Kato T, Saeki H, et al. Adiponectin regulates cutaneous wound healing by promoting keratinocyte proliferation and migration via the ERK signaling pathway. J Immunol. 2012;189:3231-41 pubmed publisher..We propose that upregulation of systemic and/or local adiponectin levels is a potential and very promising therapeutic approach for dealing with diabetic wounds. ..
- Hara K, Yamauchi T, Kadowaki T. Adiponectin: an adipokine linking adipocytes and type 2 diabetes in humans. Curr Diab Rep. 2005;5:136-40 pubmed..Agents that increase blood level of adiponectin or enhance the actions of adiponectin can be an ideal medicine for ameliorating insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Kubota N, Terauchi Y, Kubota T, Kumagai H, Itoh S, Satoh H, et al. Pioglitazone ameliorates insulin resistance and diabetes by both adiponectin-dependent and -independent pathways. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:8748-55 pubmed..Thus, pioglitazone-induced amelioration of insulin resistance and diabetes may occur adiponectin dependently in the liver and adiponectin independently in skeletal muscle. ..
- Ochiai H, Shirasawa T, Nishimura R, Morimoto A, Ohtsu T, Hoshino H, et al. High-molecular-weight adiponectin and anthropometric variables among elementary schoolchildren: a population-based cross-sectional study in Japan. BMC Pediatr. 2012;12:139 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggested that it is useful to monitor WHtR as a surrogate for HMW-adn among elementary school students, especially obese children. ..
- Kubota N, Terauchi Y, Yamauchi T, Kubota T, Moroi M, Matsui J, et al. Disruption of adiponectin causes insulin resistance and neointimal formation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:25863-6 pubmed..01). This study provides the first direct evidence that adiponectin plays a protective role against insulin resistance and atherosclerosis in vivo. ..
- Kitahara K, Kusunoki N, Kakiuchi T, Suguro T, Kawai S. Adiponectin stimulates IL-8 production by rheumatoid synovial fibroblasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:218-23 pubmed publisher..The induction of interleukin-8 was inhibited by mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibitors. These findings suggest that adiponectin contributes to the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Minatoya M, Itoh S, Miyashita C, Araki A, Sasaki S, Miura R, et al. Association of prenatal exposure to perfluoroalkyl substances with cord blood adipokines and birth size: The Hokkaido Study on environment and children's health. Environ Res. 2017;156:175-182 pubmed publisher..Results from this study suggested that prenatal PFASs exposure may alter cord blood adiponectin levels and may decrease birth size. ..
- Seino Y, Hirose H, Saito I, Itoh H. High-molecular-weight adiponectin is a predictor of progression to metabolic syndrome: a population-based 6-year follow-up study in Japanese men. Metabolism. 2009;58:355-60 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it was suggested longitudinally that measuring HMW adiponectin is efficient to predict the progression to metabolic syndrome compared with measuring total adiponectin or HMW-total adiponectin ratio. ..
- Maruyama C, Ishibashi R, Araki R, Koike S, Hirose H, Maruyama T. HMW-adiponectin associates with triglyceride concentrations in type 1 diabetic patients. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2009;16:207-16 pubmed..HMW-adiponectin is more strongly associated with very low density lipoprotein remnant metabolism than glucose utilization in type 1 diabetic patients receiving short-acting insulin analogs. ..
- Kadowaki T, Yamauchi T, Kubota N, Hara K, Ueki K, Tobe K. Adiponectin and adiponectin receptors in insulin resistance, diabetes, and the metabolic syndrome. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1784-92 pubmed..This Review describes the pathophysiology of adiponectin and adiponectin receptors in insulin resistance, diabetes, and the metabolic syndrome. ..
- Kimura M, Shinozaki T, Tateishi N, Yoda E, Yamauchi H, Suzuki M, et al. Adiponectin is regulated differently by chronic exercise than by weight-matched food restriction in hyperphagic and obese OLETF rats. Life Sci. 2006;79:2105-11 pubmed..We speculate that the elevated plasma testosterone concentration might offset any hyperadiponectinemic effect of body weight and fat volume reduction in exercising rats. ..
- Yamauchi T, Nio Y, Maki T, Kobayashi M, Takazawa T, Iwabu M, et al. Targeted disruption of AdipoR1 and AdipoR2 causes abrogation of adiponectin binding and metabolic actions. Nat Med. 2007;13:332-9 pubmed..Therefore, AdipoR1 and R2 serve as the predominant receptors for adiponectin in vivo and play important roles in the regulation of glucose and lipid metabolism, inflammation and oxidative stress in vivo. ..
- Saito K, Arata S, Hosono T, Sano Y, Takahashi K, Choi Miura N, et al. Adiponectin plays an important role in efficient energy usage under energy shortage. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1761:709-16 pubmed..These findings suggest that the serum adiponectin is important to maintaining energy homeostasis under energy shortage conditions, such as over female pubertal development. ..
- Iwasaki E, Suzuki H, Sugino Y, Iida T, Nishizawa T, Masaoka T, et al. Decreased levels of adiponectin in obese patients with gastroesophageal reflux evaluated by videoesophagography: possible relationship between gastroesophageal reflux and metabolic syndrome. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008;23 Suppl 2:S216-21 pubmed publisher..Videoesophagography is a useful diagnostic modality for the evaluation of patients with GERD symptoms. Functional gastroesophageal reflux is seen in obese patients, especially with decreased levels of adiponectin. ..
- Awazawa M, Ueki K, Inabe K, Yamauchi T, Kaneko K, Okazaki Y, et al. Adiponectin suppresses hepatic SREBP1c expression in an AdipoR1/LKB1/AMPK dependent pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:51-6 pubmed publisher..These data show that adiponectin suppresses SREBP1c through the AdipoR1/LKB1/AMPK pathway, and suggest a possible role for adiponectin in the regulation of hepatic fatty acid synthesis. ..
- Yoshihara R, Utsunomiya K, Gojo A, Ishizawa S, Kanazawa Y, Matoba K, et al. Association of polymorphism of estrogen receptor-alpha gene with circulating levels of adiponectin in postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2009;16:250-5 pubmed..The T allele of the c.454-397T>C SNP of ESR-1 is associated with low serum levels of adiponectin, which may lead to a high risk of CVD in postmenopausal women. ..
- Gohda T, Makita Y, Shike T, Tanimoto M, Funabiki K, Horikoshi S, et al. Identification of epistatic interaction involved in obesity using the KK/Ta mouse as a Type 2 diabetes model: is Zn-alpha2 glycoprotein-1 a candidate gene for obesity?. Diabetes. 2003;52:2175-81 pubmed..These results suggest that Azgp1 is a possible candidate gene for regulation of body weight, elucidation of polygenic inheritance, and age-dependent changes in the genetic control of obesity. ..
- Okada Iwabu M, Yamauchi T, Iwabu M, Honma T, Hamagami K, Matsuda K, et al. A small-molecule AdipoR agonist for type 2 diabetes and short life in obesity. Nature. 2013;503:493-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, orally active AdipoR agonists such as AdipoRon are a promising therapeutic approach for the treatment of obesity-related diseases such as type 2 diabetes. ..
- Bharti P, Katagiri S, Nitta H, Nagasawa T, Kobayashi H, Takeuchi Y, et al. Periodontal treatment with topical antibiotics improves glycemic control in association with elevated serum adiponectin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Obes Res Clin Pract. 2013;7:e129-e138 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that HbA1c is reduced by amelioration of insulin resistance due to elevated serum adiponectin after periodontal treatments. ..
- Suzuki M, Setsuie R, Wada K. Ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase l3 promotes insulin signaling and adipogenesis. Endocrinology. 2009;150:5230-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that UCH-L3 promotes adipogenesis by enhancing insulin signaling in a hydrolase activity-dependent manner. ..
- Yamauchi T, Kamon J, Minokoshi Y, Ito Y, Waki H, Uchida S, et al. Adiponectin stimulates glucose utilization and fatty-acid oxidation by activating AMP-activated protein kinase. Nat Med. 2002;8:1288-95 pubmed..Our data may provide a novel paradigm that an adipocyte-derived antidiabetic hormone, Ad, activates AMPK, thereby directly regulating glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Shinoda Y, Yamaguchi M, Ogata N, Akune T, Kubota N, Yamauchi T, et al. Regulation of bone formation by adiponectin through autocrine/paracrine and endocrine pathways. J Cell Biochem. 2006;99:196-208 pubmed
- Yamauchi T, Kamon J, Ito Y, Tsuchida A, Yokomizo T, Kita S, et al. Cloning of adiponectin receptors that mediate antidiabetic metabolic effects. Nature. 2003;423:762-9 pubmed
- Shinmura K, Tamaki K, Saito K, Nakano Y, Tobe T, Bolli R. Cardioprotective effects of short-term caloric restriction are mediated by adiponectin via activation of AMP-activated protein kinase. Circulation. 2007;116:2809-17 pubmed..The cardioprotective effects of short-term CR are mediated by increased production of adiponectin and the associated activation of AMP-activated protein kinase. ..
- Arano T, Nakagawa H, Tateishi R, Ikeda H, Uchino K, Enooku K, et al. Serum level of adiponectin and the risk of liver cancer development in chronic hepatitis C patients. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:2226-35 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Patients who had CHC with high serum adiponectin levels had a higher risk of liver cancer development. Adiponectin may thus be tumorigenic or indicate a liver disease state independently of other clinical parameters. ..
- Masui Y, Asano Y, Shibata S, Noda S, Aozasa N, Akamata K, et al. Serum adiponectin levels inversely correlate with the activity of progressive skin sclerosis in patients with diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosis. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2012;26:354-60 pubmed publisher..Serum levels of adiponectin may serve as a useful marker to evaluate the activity of progressive skin sclerosis in dcSSc. ..
- Yatomi K, Miyamoto N, Komine Kobayashi M, Liu M, Oishi H, Arai H, et al. Pathophysiological dual action of adiponectin after transient focal ischemia in mouse brain. Brain Res. 2009;1297:169-76 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that time-targeting administration of adiponectin could be potentially useful in the treatment of stroke. ..
- Yamane T, Kobayashi Hattori K, Oishi Y, Takita T. High-fat diet reduces levels of type I tropocollagen and hyaluronan in rat skin. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2010;54 Suppl 1:S53-61 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that an HF diet reduces the levels of type I tropocollagen and hyaluronan in the skin by suppressing the action of TGF-beta1, IGF-I and adiponectin, and these effects are deleterious for skin function. ..
- Konishi M, Haraguchi G, Ohigashi H, Ishihara T, Saito K, Nakano Y, et al. Adiponectin protects against doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy by anti-apoptotic effects through AMPK up-regulation. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;89:309-19 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that APN improved cardiac function through anti-apoptotic effects by up-regulation of AMPK in DOX-induced cardiomyopathy in mice. ..