Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on actins in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- Izumisawa T, Hattori Y, Date M, Toma K, Maitani Y. Cell line-dependent internalization pathways determine DNA transfection efficiency of decaarginine-PEG-lipid. Int J Pharm. 2011;404:264-70 pubmed publisher..Cell physiology might be a critical factor in cellular internalization and efficient transfection by cell penetration peptide. ..
- Ohta Y, Suzuki N, Nakamura S, Hartwig J, Stossel T. The small GTPase RalA targets filamin to induce filopodia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:2122-8 pubmed..RalA therefore is a downstream intermediate in Cdc42-mediated filopod production and uses filamin in this pathway. ..
- Nakamura K, Kurosaka D, Bissen Miyajima H, Tsubota K. Intact corneal epithelium is essential for the prevention of stromal haze after laser assisted in situ keratomileusis. Br J Ophthalmol. 2001;85:209-13 pubmed..The intact corneal epithelium may play an important part curbing subepithelial haze and differentiation of myofibroblasts in corneal wound healing. ..
- Toya M, Motegi F, Nakano K, Mabuchi I, Yamamoto M. Identification and functional analysis of the gene for type I myosin in fission yeast. Genes Cells. 2001;6:187-99 pubmed
- Aizawa H, Kishi Y, Iida K, Sameshima M, Yahara I. Cofilin-2, a novel type of cofilin, is expressed specifically at aggregation stage of Dictyostelium discoideum development. Genes Cells. 2001;6:913-21 pubmed..We also found that cofilin-2 did not rescue Deltacof1 yeast cells, whereas cofilin-1 did. Cofilin-2 may play a distinct role from that of cofilin-1 in destabilization of the actin cytoskeleton during Dictyostelium development. ..
- Fujiwara I, Suetsugu S, Uemura S, Takenawa T, Ishiwata S. Visualization and force measurement of branching by Arp2/3 complex and N-WASP in actin filament. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:1550-5 pubmed..We found, by single molecule measurements using optical tweezers, that the Arp2/3 complex attaches to the side of actin filaments and the N-WASP appears to detach from the actin-Arp2/3 complex at 6-7 pN. ..
- Kaneda A, Kaminishi M, Nakanishi Y, Sugimura T, Ushijima T. Reduced expression of the insulin-induced protein 1 and p41 Arp2/3 complex genes in human gastric cancers. Int J Cancer. 2002;100:57-62 pubmed..INSIG1 and p41-Arc are known to be involved in cellular differentiation and morphology, respectively, and it was suggested that their reduced expressions might be involved in gastric cancer development or progression. ..
- Yageta M, Kuramochi M, Masuda M, Fukami T, Fukuhara H, Maruyama T, et al. Direct association of TSLC1 and DAL-1, two distinct tumor suppressor proteins in lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2002;62:5129-33 pubmed..These findings, together with frequent loss of their expression in lung cancers, suggest that TSLC1 and DAL-1 play a critical role in the same pathway involved in the suppression of lung tumor formation and metastasis. ..
- Sugi H, Chaen S. Force-velocity relationships in actin-myosin interactions causing cytoplasmic streaming in algal cells. J Exp Biol. 2003;206:1971-6 pubmed..The large velocity of cytoplasmic streaming can be accounted for, at least qualitatively, by assuming a mechanically coupled interaction between cytoplasmic myosin heads as well as a large distance of unitary actin-myosin sliding. ..
- Matsushima H, Mukai K, Obara Y, Yoshida S, Clark J. Analysis of cytoskeletal proteins in posterior capsule opacification after implantation of acrylic and hydrogel intraocular lenses. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2004;30:187-94 pubmed..Cytoskeletal proteins expressed during the formation of PCO and IOL implantation may have potential as therapeutic target proteins to improve the biocompatibility of IOLs. ..
- Park S, Suetsugu S, Takenawa T. Interaction of HSP90 to N-WASP leads to activation and protection from proteasome-dependent degradation. EMBO J. 2005;24:1557-70 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that HSP90 induces efficient activation of N-WASP downstream of phosphorylation signal by Src family kinases and is critical for N-WASP-dependent podosome formation and neurite extension...
- Shiono S, Suda K, Nobukawa B, Arakawa A, Yamasaki S, Sasahara N, et al. Pancreatic, hepatic, splenic, and mesenteric mucinous cystic neoplasms (MCN) are lumped together as extra ovarian MCN. Pathol Int. 2006;56:71-7 pubmed..In conclusion, MCN in various organs should be lumped together as 'extra ovarian' MCN. The OLS was identified on the basis of myofibroblastic proliferation both in response to neoplastic development and dependent on hormones. ..
- Eto N, Wada T, Inagi R, Takano H, Shimizu A, Kato H, et al. Podocyte protection by darbepoetin: preservation of the cytoskeleton and nephrin expression. Kidney Int. 2007;72:455-63 pubmed..Our study demonstrates that darbepoetin treatment ameliorates podocyte injury and decreases proteinuria by a direct effect on podocytes. This may be accomplished by maintenance of the actin cytoskeleton and nephrin expression. ..
- Hirohashi N, Harada K, Chiba K. Hormone-induced cortical maturation ensures the slow block to polyspermy and does not couple with meiotic maturation in starfish. Dev Biol. 2008;318:194-202 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the signaling pathway leading to Akt activation is common in cortical maturation and meiotic maturation, and Cdc2 activation was not required for cortical maturation. ..
- Matsuda Y, Ishiwata T, Kawamoto Y, Kawahara K, Peng W, Yamamoto T, et al. Morphological and cytoskeletal changes of pancreatic cancer cells in three-dimensional spheroidal culture. Med Mol Morphol. 2010;43:211-7 pubmed publisher..E-cadherin might be one of the key molecules involved in spheroid formation of PDAC cells. The 3D spheroidal culture system was a useful method for cell imaging with contrast-phase microscopy and confocal microscopy. ..
- Shiroguchi K, Chin H, Hannemann D, Muneyuki E, De La Cruz E, Kinosita K. Direct observation of the myosin Va recovery stroke that contributes to unidirectional stepping along actin. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001031 pubmed publisher..Thus, the recovery stroke contributes to unidirectional stepping of myosin Va. ..
- Tanabe M, Shimizu A, Masuda Y, Kataoka M, Ishikawa A, Wakamatsu K, et al. Development of lymphatic vasculature and morphological characterization in rat kidney. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2012;16:833-42 pubmed publisher..Podoplanin, prox-1, Ki-67, type IV collagen, and ?SMA immunostaining can detect lymphatic vessels during lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Miyake M, Kuroda M, Kiyonari H, Takehana K, Hisanaga S, Morimoto M, et al. Ligand-induced rapid skeletal muscle atrophy in HSA-Fv2E-PERK transgenic mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179955 pubmed publisher..As a novel model of muscle wasting, HSA-Fv2E-PERK Tg mice provide a convenient tool for studying the pathogenesis of muscle loss and for assessing putative therapeutics. ..
- Yanagisawa H, Kamiya R. Association between actin and light chains in Chlamydomonas flagellar inner-arm dyneins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;288:443-7 pubmed..Thus it is likely that actin is associated with the heavy chains through p28/centrin. These light chains may well function in the assembly or targeting of the inner arm to the correct axonemal location. ..
- Toya M, Iino Y, Yamamoto M. Fission yeast Pob1p, which is homologous to budding yeast Boi proteins and exhibits subcellular localization close to actin patches, is essential for cell elongation and separation. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2745-57 pubmed..We speculate that Pob1p is located on growing plasma membrane, possibly through the function of actin patches, and may recruit proteins required for the synthesis of cell wall. ..
- Hachiya N, Sakasegawa Y, Jozuka A, Tsukita S, Kaneko K. Interaction of D-lactate dehydrogenase protein 2 (Dld2p) with F-actin: implication for an alternative function of Dld2p. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:78-82 pubmed..These properties suggest that Aip2p may interact with F-actin in vivo and play an important role in the yeast cell morphology. ..
- Mizutani K, Miki H, He H, Maruta H, Takenawa T. Essential role of neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein in podosome formation and degradation of extracellular matrix in src-transformed fibroblasts. Cancer Res. 2002;62:669-74 pubmed..These results suggest the importance of N-WASP in podosome formation and extracellular matrix degradation, which are processes thought to underlie the invasive phenotype of 3Y1-src cells. ..
- Tobe T, Sasakawa C. Species-specific cell adhesion of enteropathogenic Escherichia coli is mediated by type IV bundle-forming pili. Cell Microbiol. 2002;4:29-42 pubmed..These results indicated that BFP plays an important role in the cell-type-dependent adherence of EPEC and in the progression to the later steps in EPEC adherence. ..
- Iwai S, Ishiji A, Mabuchi I, Sutoh K. A novel actin-bundling kinesin-related protein from Dictyostelium discoideum. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4696-704 pubmed..We propose that a kinesin-related protein, DdKin5, is a novel actin-bundling protein and a potential cross-linker of actin filaments and microtubules associated with specific actin-based structures in Dictyostelium. ..
- Iseki M, Kubo C, Kwon S, Yamaguchi A, Kataoka Y, Yoshida N, et al. Increased numbers of B-1 cells and enhanced responses against TI-2 antigen in mice lacking APS, an adaptor molecule containing PH and SH2 domains. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2243-50 pubmed..After BCR stimulation, F-actin contents were lower in APS(-/-) B-1 cells than in wild-type B-1 cells. Our results indicate that APS might have a novel regulatory role in actin reorganization and control of B-1 cell compartment size. ..
- Murakami N, Yokomizo T, Okuno T, Shimizu T. G2A is a proton-sensing G-protein-coupled receptor antagonized by lysophosphatidylcholine. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:42484-91 pubmed..Thus, G2A is another proton-sensing GPCR, and LPC functions as an antagonist, not as an agonist, and regulates the proton-dependent activation of G2A. ..
- Sakakibara A, Hattori S. Chat, a Cas/HEF1-associated adaptor protein that integrates multiple signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:6404-10 pubmed..After the epidermal growth factor stimulation, Chat and Cas were colocalized with actin filaments at ruffling membranes. These findings suggest that Chat transduces signals of tyrosine kinases and MAP kinase to Cas signaling pathway. ..
- Oku T, Kaneko Y, Murofushi K, Seyama Y, Toyoshima S, Tsuji T. Phorbol ester-dependent phosphorylation regulates the association of p57/coronin-1 with the actin cytoskeleton. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28918-25 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that the phosphorylation of p57/coronin-1 down-regulates its association with actin and modulates the reorganization of actin-containing cytoskeleton. ..
- Tóth E, Oszvald Á, Peter M, Balogh G, Osteikoetxea Molnár A, Bozó T, et al. Nanotubes connecting B lymphocytes: High impact of differentiation-dependent lipid composition on their growth and mechanics. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids. 2017;1862:991-1000 pubmed publisher..Data presented here highlight importance of the lipid side in controlling intercellular, nanotubular, regulatory communications in the immune system. ..
- Hashimoto N, Kiyono T, Saitow F, Asada M, Yoshida M. Reversible differentiation of immortalized human bladder smooth muscle cells accompanied by actin bundle reorganization. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186584 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we have established a human SMC line retaining high proliferating potential without compromising differentiation potential...
- Ogawa H, Iwaya K, Izumi M, Kuroda M, Serizawa H, Koyanagi Y, et al. Expression of CD10 by stromal cells during colorectal tumor development. Hum Pathol. 2002;33:806-11 pubmed..These results indicate that CD10 expression is an integral part of colorectal carcinogenesis. CD10 expression seems to contribute to the invasion and thus probably facilitates metastasis. ..
- Ogawa Y, Kanai Azuma M, Akimoto Y, Kawakami H, Yanoshita R. Exosome-like vesicles in Gloydius blomhoffii blomhoffii venom. Toxicon. 2008;51:984-93 pubmed publisher..The role of these vesicles is still unknown, but they may affect blood pressure and glucose homeostasis following envenomation...
- Nakashizuka H, Mitsumata M, Okisaka S, Shimada H, Kawamura A, Mori R, et al. Clinicopathologic findings in polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:4729-37 pubmed publisher..HIF-1alpha positive inflammatory cells were located in the stroma of specimens. Hyalinization of choroidal vessels, like arteriosclerosis, is characteristic of PCV. ..
- Fukunaga M. Perivascular epithelioid cell tumor of the uterus: report of four cases. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2005;24:341-6 pubmed..Uterine PEComa should be regarded as tumors with an uncertain malignant potential until long-term outcome data for a larger number of patients become available. ..
- Honda M, Nakashima F, Satomura K, Shinohara Y, Tsuchiya S, Watanabe N, et al. Side population cells expressing ABCG2 in human adult dental pulp tissue. Int Endod J. 2007;40:949-58 pubmed..To investigate the presence of side population (SP) cells by the Hoechst exclusion method in human adult dental pulp tissue...
- Matsunaga T, Hosokawa M, Arakaki A, Taguchi T, Mori T, Tanaka T, et al. High-efficiency single-cell entrapment and fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis using a poly(dimethylsiloxane) microfluidic device integrated with a black poly(ethylene terephthalate) micromesh. Anal Chem. 2008;80:5139-45 pubmed publisher..Differences in the levels of beta-actin mRNA expression were observed in serum-supplied or serum-starved cell populations. ..
- Sone M, Hoshino M, Suzuki E, Kuroda S, Kaibuchi K, Nakagoshi H, et al. Still life, a protein in synaptic terminals of Drosophila homologous to GDP-GTP exchangers. Science. 1997;275:543-7 pubmed..Thus, SIF proteins may regulate synaptic differentiation through the organization of the actin cytoskeleton by activating Rho-like GTPases. ..
- Iwanami H, Ishizaki M, Fukuda Y, Takahashi H. Expression of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP)-12 by myofibroblasts during alkali-burned corneal wound healing. Curr Eye Res. 2009;34:207-14 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to determine the expression of MMP-12 by myofibroblasts during the healing of alkali-burned rabbit corneas (ARC), thus implicating its role in ECM remodeling...
- Shiraishi Y, Mizutani A, Bito H, Fujisawa K, Narumiya S, Mikoshiba K, et al. Cupidin, an isoform of Homer/Vesl, interacts with the actin cytoskeleton and activated rho family small GTPases and is expressed in developing mouse cerebellar granule cells. J Neurosci. 1999;19:8389-400 pubmed
- Fujiu K, Manabe I, Ishihara A, Oishi Y, Iwata H, Nishimura G, et al. Synthetic retinoid Am80 suppresses smooth muscle phenotypic modulation and in-stent neointima formation by inhibiting KLF5. Circ Res. 2005;97:1132-41 pubmed
- Takano K, Takano K, Toyooka K, Suetsugu S. EFC/F-BAR proteins and the N-WASP-WIP complex induce membrane curvature-dependent actin polymerization. EMBO J. 2008;27:2817-28 pubmed publisher..Therefore, curvature-dependent actin polymerization is stimulated by spatially appropriate interactions of EFC/F-BAR proteins and the N-WASP-WIP complex with the membrane. ..
- Yoshimura H, Inaguma A, Yamada T, Ozawa T. Fluorescent probes for imaging endogenous ?-actin mRNA in living cells using fluorescent protein-tagged pumilio. ACS Chem Biol. 2012;7:999-1005 pubmed publisher..The PUM-HD mutants conjugated with full-length EGFP can enable visualization of ?-actin mRNA localization and dynamics in living cells. ..
- Manno S, Takakuwa Y, Mohandas N. Modulation of erythrocyte membrane mechanical function by protein 4.1 phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:7581-7 pubmed..These findings have enabled us to define a regulatory role for 4.1R phosphorylation in dynamic regulation of red cell membrane properties. ..
- Fukui Y, Ihara S. A mutant of SWAP-70, a phosphatidylinositoltrisphosphate binding protein, transforms mouse embryo fibroblasts, which is inhibited by sanguinarine. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14180 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SWAP-70-374 can activate some signaling pathways, including the ERK1/2 pathway, to transform MEFs. ..
- Nakamura K, Kurosaka D, Yoshino M, Oshima T, Kurosaka H. Injured corneal epithelial cells promote myodifferentiation of corneal fibroblasts. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002;43:2603-8 pubmed..Anti-TGF-beta antibody eliminated these differences. Injured epithelial cells stimulate myodifferentiation in fibroblasts through one or more soluble factors, including TGF-beta. ..
- Murugan A, Ihara S, Tokuda E, Uematsu K, Tsuchida N, Fukui Y. SWAP-70 is important for invasive phenotypes of mouse embryo fibroblasts transformed by v-Src. IUBMB Life. 2008;60:236-40 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that v-Src and SWAP-70 act synergistically in the invasion activity of MEFs. ..
- Obinata T, Ono K, Ono S. Troponin I controls ovulatory contraction of non-striated actomyosin networks in the C. elegans somatic gonad. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1557-66 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that troponin I regulates contraction of non-striated actomyosin networks and is an essential cytoskeletal component of the C. elegans reproductive system. ..
- Yamashita H, Sato Y, Kanegae T, Kagawa T, Wada M, Kadota A. Chloroplast actin filaments organize meshwork on the photorelocated chloroplasts in the moss Physcomitrella patens. Planta. 2011;233:357-68 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the cp-actin filaments have significant roles in the chloroplast movement and positioning in the cell. ..
- Noda Y, Sasaki S. Regulation of aquaporin-2 trafficking and its binding protein complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1758:1117-25 pubmed..In addition, a multiprotein "force generator" complex which directly binds to AQP2 has been discovered. This review summarizes recent advances related to the mechanism for AQP2 trafficking. ..
- Liou Y, Watanabe M, Yumoto M, Ishiwata S. Regulatory mechanism of smooth muscle contraction studied with gelsolin-treated strips of taenia caeci in guinea pig. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;296:C1024-33 pubmed publisher..We thus conclude that Tm and CaD are necessary for the full regulation of smooth muscle contraction in addition to the other regulatory systems, including the myosin-linked one. ..
- Seo C, Jeong H, Furukawa K, Suzuki Y, Ushida T. The switching of focal adhesion maturation sites and actin filament activation for MSCs by topography of well-defined micropatterned surfaces. Biomaterials. 2013;34:1764-71 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that the localization of focal adhesion on well-defined micropatterned substrates is critically determined by the topographical variation in the micropatterns. ..
- Suzuki S, Oshima K, Kakizawa S, Arashida R, Jung H, Yamaji Y, et al. Interaction between the membrane protein of a pathogen and insect microfilament complex determines insect-vector specificity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:4252-7 pubmed..Our data also suggest that the utilization of a host microfilament may be a universal system for pathogenic bacteria infecting mammals or insects. ..
- Enomoto S, Sumi M, Kajimoto K, Nakazawa Y, Takahashi R, Takabayashi C, et al. Long-term patency of small-diameter vascular graft made from fibroin, a silk-based biodegradable material. J Vasc Surg. 2010;51:155-64 pubmed publisher..Bone marrow-derived cells contribute to vascular remodeling after graft implantation. Fibroin might be a promising material to engineer vascular prostheses for small arteries. ..
- Sugidachi A, Ogawa T, Asai F, Saito S, Ozaki H, Fusetani N, et al. Inhibition of rat platelet aggregation by mycalolide-B, a novel inhibitor of actin polymerization with a different mechanism of action from cytochalasin-D. Thromb Haemost. 1998;79:614-9 pubmed..These results suggest that MB inhibits platelet activation by interfering with actin polymerization through a different mechanism of action from CD. MB may be a useful tool for studying the role of actin polymerization in various cells. ..
- Hachiya N, Sakasegawa Y, Sasaki H, Jozuka A, Tsukita S, Kaneko K. Oligomeric Aip2p/Dld2p forms a novel grapple-like structure and has an ATP-dependent F-actin conformation modifying activity in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;320:1271-6 pubmed..These data suggest that the oligomerization of Aip2p/Dld2p, which exhibits the unique grapple-like structure with an ATP-dependent opening, is required for the F-actin conformation modifying activity. ..
- Obinata D, Matsumoto T, Ikado Y, Sakuma T, Kano K, Fukuda N, et al. Transplantation of mature adipocyte-derived dedifferentiated fat (DFAT) cells improves urethral sphincter contractility in a rat model. Int J Urol. 2011;18:827-34 pubmed publisher..DFAT cell transplantation promotes sphincter muscle regeneration and improves LPP in the rat VD model. ..
- Matsuzawa T, Kuwae A, Yoshida S, Sasakawa C, Abe A. Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli activates the RhoA signaling pathway via the stimulation of GEF-H1. EMBO J. 2004;23:3570-82 pubmed..This report reveals for the first time that a pathogen can exploit the host factor GEF-H1...
- Ichimura K, Kurihara H, Sakai T. Actin filament organization of foot processes in vertebrate glomerular podocytes. Cell Tissue Res. 2007;329:541-57 pubmed..Therefore, we consider that the actin bundle plays a crucial role in the mechanical protection of the filtration barrier. Moreover, the actin fascicle may be a potential precursor of the actin bundle. ..
- Wada Kiyama Y, Suzuki C, Hamada T, Rai D, Kiyama R, Kaneda M, et al. Estrogen-induced cell signaling in the sexually dimorphic nucleus of the rat preoptic area: potential involvement of cofilin in actin dynamics for cell migration. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:287-92 pubmed publisher..This result was supported by immunohistochemistry, where the phosphorylation/dephosphorylation of cofilin occurred at SDN, which suggests that cell migration is a cue to create sexual dimorphism in POA. ..
- Suetsugu S, Miki H, Takenawa T. Identification of another actin-related protein (Arp) 2/3 complex binding site in neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (N-WASP) that complements actin polymerization induced by the Arp2/3 complex activating (VCA) domain of N-WASP. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:33175-80 pubmed
- Shiroguchi K, Kinosita K. Myosin V walks by lever action and Brownian motion. Science. 2007;316:1208-12 pubmed..The neck-neck joint is essentially free, and the neck motion supports a mechanism where the active swing of the leading neck biases the random motion of the lifted head to let it eventually land on a forward site. ..
- Ichimura K, Kurihara H, Sakai T. Involvement of mesangial cells expressing alpha-smooth muscle actin during restorative glomerular remodeling in Thy-1.1 nephritis. J Histochem Cytochem. 2006;54:1291-301 pubmed..In addition, an actin-binding protein, drebrin, was localized in all MC processes extending toward various directions throughout the course of nephritis, suggesting that drebrin is involved in the formation of MC processes. ..
- Sagara M, Kawasaki Y, Iemura S, Natsume T, Takai Y, Akiyama T. Asef2 and Neurabin2 cooperatively regulate actin cytoskeletal organization and are involved in HGF-induced cell migration. Oncogene. 2009;28:1357-65 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Asef2, Neurabin2 and APC cooperatively regulate actin cytoskeletal organization and are required for HGF-induced cell migration. ..
- Kishi Y, Clements C, Mahadeo D, Cotter D, Sameshima M. High levels of actin tyrosine phosphorylation: correlation with the dormant state of Dictyostelium spores. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 19):2923-32 pubmed..The rapid dephosphorylation of actin leads to a reactivated dynamic actin system which participates in spore swelling, vesicle movement, and mitochondrial shape changes during the spore germination process...
- Moriyama K, Yahara I. Human CAP1 is a key factor in the recycling of cofilin and actin for rapid actin turnover. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:1591-601 pubmed..Thus, CAP1 plays a key role in speeding up the turnover of actin filaments by effectively recycling cofilin and actin and through its effect on both ends of actin filament. ..
- Shimamura T, Yasuda J, Ino Y, Gotoh M, Tsuchiya A, Nakajima A, et al. Dysadherin expression facilitates cell motility and metastatic potential of human pancreatic cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2004;64:6989-95 pubmed..Our study suggests that dysadherin is able to modulate actin structures, stimulate cell motility, and contribute directly to the metastatic potential of human pancreatic cancer cells. ..
- Sakata S, Watanabe Y, Usukura J, Mabuchi I. Characterization of native myosin VI isolated from sea urchin eggs. J Biochem. 2007;142:481-90 pubmed..Immunofluorescence microscopy showed that the myosin VI was translocated from the inner cytoplasm to the cortex after fertilization. Myosin VI may be involved in endocytic activities in fertilized eggs. ..
- Seo C, Furukawa K, Montagne K, Jeong H, Ushida T. The effect of substrate microtopography on focal adhesion maturation and actin organization via the RhoA/ROCK pathway. Biomaterials. 2011;32:9568-75 pubmed publisher..The topographical dependency of FA formation was also highly decreased. These results show that the FA formation and actin cytoskeleton organization of cells on the microtopography is regulated by the RhoA/ROCK pathway. ..
- Sato Izawa K, Nakaba S, Tamura K, Yamagishi Y, Nakano Y, Nishikubo N, et al. DWARF50 (D50), a rice (Oryza sativa L.) gene encoding inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase, is required for proper development of intercalary meristem. Plant Cell Environ. 2012;35:2031-44 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the putative 5PTase, encoded by D50, is essential for IM formation, including the direction of cell division, deposition of cell wall pectins and control of actin organization. ..
- Yamauchi S, Kawauchi K, Sawada Y. Myosin II-dependent exclusion of CD45 from the site of Fc? receptor activation during phagocytosis. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:3229-35 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that myosin II-dependent segregation of CD45 from Fc?R facilitates phosphorylation of the ITAM and triggers phagocytosis. ..
- Motegi F, Nakano K, Mabuchi I. Molecular mechanism of myosin-II assembly at the division site in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 10):1813-25 pubmed..The Myo2dIQs could assemble into a normal-shaped ring in these cells. Therefore, its assembly at the division site does not require the function of either Cdc4 or Myo3. ..
- Nakano K, Satoh K, Morimatsu A, Ohnuma M, Mabuchi I. Interactions among a fimbrin, a capping protein, and an actin-depolymerizing factor in organization of the fission yeast actin cytoskeleton. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3515-26 pubmed..Finally, genetic studies suggested that Fim1 may function in cytokinesis in cooperation with Cdc15 (PSTPIP) and Rng2 (IQGAP), respectively. ..
- Shirakihara T, Horiguchi K, Miyazawa K, Ehata S, Shibata T, Morita I, et al. TGF-? regulates isoform switching of FGF receptors and epithelial-mesenchymal transition. EMBO J. 2011;30:783-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, TGF-? and FGF-2 may cooperate with each other and may regulate EMT of various kinds of cells in cancer microenvironment during cancer progression. ..
- Hayashi M, Monkawa T, Yoshida T, Sasamura H, Matsumoto M, Inoue T, et al. Intracellular calcium concentration in the inositol trisphosphate receptor type 1 knockout mouse. J Am Soc Nephrol. 1999;10:2094-101 pubmed
- Matsuoka Y, Li X, Bennett V. Adducin: structure, function and regulation. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2000;57:884-95 pubmed..Prominent physiological sites of regulation of adducin include dendritic spines of hippocampal neurons, platelets and growth cones of axons. ..
- Satoh H, Kai K, Yabe K, Fujii F, Furuhama K. Müllerian tumor (atypical polypoid adenomyoma) with sex-cord differentiation arising from the oviduct in an adolescent cynomolgus monkey (Macaca fascicularis). Toxicol Pathol. 2003;31:179-84 pubmed..This tumor was considered to be an exceedingly rare finding in the adolescent cynomolgus monkey...
- Tashiro K, Nagao T, Kurose H, Ichijo H, Urushidani T. Role of Rho in rabbit parietal cell. J Cell Physiol. 2003;197:409-17 pubmed
- Nakamichi K, Saiki M, Kitani H, Kuboyama Y, Morimoto K, Takayama Ito M, et al. Roles of NF-kappaB and MAPK signaling pathways in morphological and cytoskeletal responses of microglia to double-stranded RNA. Neurosci Lett. 2007;414:222-7 pubmed..These results indicate that NF-kappaB and MAPK signaling pathways mediate morphological and cytoskeletal changes during dsRNA-induced microglial activation. ..
- Karube A, Suzuki J, Haraguchi G, Maejima Y, Saiki H, Kosuge H, et al. Suppression of neointimal hyperplasia after vascular injury by blocking 4-1BB/4-1BB ligand pathway. J Med Dent Sci. 2008;55:207-13 pubmed..27, n=9). 4-1BB inhibits neointimal hyperplasia after vascular injury. Our findings suggest that 4-1BB is involved in injury-induced neointimal hyperplasia and may be an effective target for the treatment of neointimal hyperplasia. ..
- Lei X, Fu W, Kim Kaneyama J, Omoto T, Miyazaki T, Li B, et al. Hic-5 deficiency attenuates the activation of hepatic stellate cells and liver fibrosis through upregulation of Smad7 in mice. J Hepatol. 2016;64:110-7 pubmed publisher..Hic-5 deficiency attenuates the activation of HSCs and liver fibrosis though reducing the TGF-Î²/Smad2 signaling by upregulation of Smad7. Thus, Hic-5 can be regarded as a potential therapeutic target for liver fibrosis. ..
- Sonoda Y, Tooyama I, Mukai H, Maeda K, Akiyama H, Kawamata T. S6 kinase phosphorylated at T229 is involved in tau and actin pathologies in Alzheimer's disease. Neuropathology. 2016;36:325-32 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate that S6K phosphorylation via the PI3K-PD1 pathway is involved in tau pathology in NFTs and abnormal neurites as well as actin pathology in Hirano bodies. ..
- Nishi K, Luo H, Nakabayashi K, Doi K, Ishikura S, Iwaihara Y, et al. An Alpha-kinase 2 Gene Variant Disrupts Filamentous Actin Localization in the Surface Cells of Colorectal Cancer Spheroids. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3855-3862 pubmed..The p.Q1853E variant of ALPK2, which had been accumulating in the Japanese population, induced a metastatic phenotype by disrupting ALPK2 function. ..
- Suetsugu S, Kurisu S, Oikawa T, Yamazaki D, Oda A, Takenawa T. Optimization of WAVE2 complex-induced actin polymerization by membrane-bound IRSp53, PIP(3), and Rac. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:571-85 pubmed..Purified WAVE2 and purified WAVE2 complex were activated by IRSp53 in a Rac-dependent manner with PIP(3)-containing liposomes. Therefore, IRSp53 optimizes the activity of the WAVE2 complex in the presence of activated Rac and PIP(3). ..
- Ro Y, Hamada C, Inaba M, Io H, Kaneko K, Tomino Y. Inhibitory effects of matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor ONO-4817 on morphological alterations in chlorhexidine gluconate-induced peritoneal sclerosis rats. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2007;22:2838-48 pubmed..It appears that the administration of the MMP inhibitor ONO-4817 might be a new approach to the amelioration of PS. ..
- Kobayashi Y, Nakanishi Y, Taniguchi H, Sekine S, Igaki H, Tachimori Y, et al. Histological diversity in basaloid squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus. Dis Esophagus. 2009;22:231-8 pubmed publisher..BSCCE demonstrates various histopathological and immunohistochemical features including a ductal and cribriform growth pattern...
- Azuma K, Ichimura K, Mita T, Nakayama S, Jin W, Hirose T, et al. Presence of alpha-smooth muscle actin-positive endothelial cells in the luminal surface of adult aorta. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;380:620-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate the existence of alpha-smooth muscle actin-positive endothelial cells in adult aortic endothelium and the possible association with progression of atherosclerosis. ..
- Era A, Tominaga M, Ebine K, Awai C, Saito C, Ishizaki K, et al. Application of Lifeact reveals F-actin dynamics in Arabidopsis thaliana and the liverwort, Marchantia polymorpha. Plant Cell Physiol. 2009;50:1041-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Lifeact could be a useful tool for studying the actin cytoskeleton in a wide range of plant lineages...