Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on actin depolymerizing factors in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: actin depolymerizing factors
- Iida K, Yahara I. Cooperation of two actin-binding proteins, cofilin and Aip1, in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Cells. 1999;4:21-32 pubmed..Thick and long fibres stained with anti-cofilin antibody were detected in Deltascf1/aip1 cells, but not in SCF1/AIP1 cells. These results suggest the cooperative modulation of the actin cytoskeleton by cofilin and Aip1. ..
- Kusui K, Sasaki H, Adachi R, Matsui S, Yamamoto K, Yamaguchi T, et al. Ribosomal protein S18 identified as a cofilin-binding protein by using phage display library. Mol Cell Biochem. 2004;262:187-93 pubmed..These results suggest that some cofilin molecules bind the ribosomal S18 protein under physiological conditions. ..
- Nakano K, Mabuchi I. Actin-depolymerizing protein Adf1 is required for formation and maintenance of the contractile ring during cytokinesis in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1933-45 pubmed..Tropomyosin was shown to antagonize the function of Adf1 in the contractile ring. We propose that formation and maintenance of the contractile ring are achieved by a balanced collaboration of these proteins. ..
- Koyanagi S, Hamasaki H, Sekiguchi S, Hara K, Ishii Y, Kyuwa S, et al. Effects of ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase L1 deficiency on mouse ova. Reproduction. 2012;143:271-9 pubmed publisher..In an ultrastructural study, gad mouse ova contained less ER in the cortex than in wild-type mice. These results provide new insights into the role of UCHL1 in the mechanism of polyspermy block in mouse ova. ..
- Toshima J, Horikomi C, Okada A, Hatori M, Nagano M, Masuda A, et al. Srv2/CAP is required for polarized actin cable assembly and patch internalization during clathrin-mediated endocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:367-79 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the in vivo roles of Srv2p in the regulation of the actin cytoskeleton during clathrin-mediated endocytosis. ..