Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Noda, Chiba, Japan
Locale: Noda, Chiba, Japan
Topic: signal transduction
- Kagesawa T, Nakamura Y, Nishikawa M, Akiyama Y, Kajiwara M, Matsuno K. Distinct activation patterns of EGF receptor signaling in the homoplastic evolution of eggshell morphology in genus Drosophila. Mech Dev. 2008;125:1020-32 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that acquisition of the homoplastic two-DA characteristic could be explained by modifications of the EGFR signaling system in the genus Drosophila that occurred independently and at least twice during evolution. ..
- Sasaki N, Sasamura T, Ishikawa H, Kanai M, Ueda R, Saigo K, et al. Polarized exocytosis and transcytosis of Notch during its apical localization in Drosophila epithelial cells. Genes Cells. 2007;12:89-103 pubmed..N, but not Dl, formed a specific complex with DEcad in vivo. Finally, our results suggest that juxtacrine signaling in epithelia generally depends on the apicobasally polarized structure of epithelial cells. ..
- Miyazaki A, Yogosawa S, Murakami A, Kitamura D. Identification of CMTM7 as a transmembrane linker of BLNK and the B-cell receptor. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31829 pubmed publisher..From these data, we conclude that CMTM7 functions to link sIgM and BLNK in the plasma membrane, to recruit BLNK to the vicinity of Syk, and to initiate the BLNK-mediated signal transduction. ..
- Fuwa T, Hori K, Sasamura T, Higgs J, Baron M, Matsuno K. The first deltex null mutant indicates tissue-specific deltex-dependent Notch signaling in Drosophila. Mol Genet Genomics. 2006;275:251-63 pubmed..Our epistatic analyses suggested that dx functions downstream of the ligands and upstream of activated Su(H). We also uncovered a novel dx activity that suppressed N signaling downstream of N. ..
- Hidano S, Sasanuma H, Ohshima K, Seino K, Kumar L, Hayashi K, et al. Distinct regulatory functions of SLP-76 and MIST in NK cell cytotoxicity and IFN-gamma production. Int Immunol. 2008;20:345-52 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that SLP-76 and MIST distinctly but interactively regulate NK cell cytotoxicity and IFN-gamma production. ..
- Nakamura Y, Kagesawa T, Nishikawa M, Hayashi Y, Kobayashi S, Niimi T, et al. Soma-dependent modulations contribute to divergence of rhomboid expression during evolution of Drosophila eggshell morphology. Development. 2007;134:1529-37 pubmed publisher..Thus, evolution of the trans-regulatory environment that controls rho expression in somatic follicle cells could be a major contributor to the evolutionary changes in DA number...
- Kanda Y, Yokotani N, Maeda S, Nishizawa Y, Kamakura T, Mori M. The receptor-like cytoplasmic kinase BSR1 mediates chitin-induced defense signaling in rice cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1497-1502 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that BSR1 is important for the rice innate immunity triggered by the perception of chitin. ..
- Tsukuda S, Kusayanagi T, Umeda E, Watanabe C, Tosaki Y, Kamisuki S, et al. Ridaifen B, a tamoxifen derivative, directly binds to Grb10 interacting GYF protein 2. Bioorg Med Chem. 2013;21:311-20 pubmed publisher..Using a cell-based assay, the Akt phosphorylation level mediated by GIGYF2 was found to have decreased in the presence of RID-B. ..
- Okada A, Tominaga M, Horiuchi M, Tomooka Y. Plexin-A4 is expressed in oligodendrocyte precursor cells and acts as a mediator of semaphorin signals. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;352:158-63 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that PlexA4 expressed in OPCs acts as a mediator of semaphorin signals. ..
- Watanabe M, Watanabe S, Hara Y, Harada Y, Kubo M, Tanabe K, et al. ICOS-mediated costimulation on Th2 differentiation is achieved by the enhancement of IL-4 receptor-mediated signaling. J Immunol. 2005;174:1989-96 pubmed..These observations led us to propose that the predominant effect of ICOS-mediated costimulation on Th2 differentiation is achieved by the enhancement of IL-4R-mediated signaling. ..
- Oda A, Ono T, Yamamoto M, Goitsuka R, Kitamura D. PKC eta directs induction of IRF-4 expression and Ig kappa gene rearrangement in pre-BCR signaling pathway. Int Immunol. 2008;20:1417-26 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PKC eta directs the induction of IRF-4 expression downstream of BLNK in the pre-BCR signaling pathway promoting kappa gene rearrangement. ..
- Sasanuma H, Tatsuno A, Hidano S, Ohshima K, Matsuzaki Y, Hayashi K, et al. Dual function for the adaptor MIST in IFN-gamma production by NK and CD4+NKT cells regulated by the Src kinase Fgr. Blood. 2006;107:3647-55 pubmed..This functional interdependence of signaling molecules demonstrates a new mechanism by which adaptor proteins can act as molecular switches to control diverse responses in different cell populations. ..
- Katahira T, Imamura Y, Kitamura D. The BASH/BLNK/SLP-65-associated protein BNAS1 regulates antigen-receptor signal transmission in B cells. Int Immunol. 2006;18:545-53 pubmed
- Okamoto N, Tezuka K, Kato M, Abe R, Tsuji T. PI3-kinase and MAP-kinase signaling cascades in AILIM/ICOS- and CD28-costimulated T-cells have distinct functions between cell proliferation and IL-10 production. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:691-702 pubmed..These data raise the interesting possibility that the signaling cascades between T-cell proliferation and IL-10 production are regulated by different molecules in AILIM/ICOS- and CD28-costimulated T-cells. ..
- Nakayama J, Yamamoto M, Hayashi K, Satoh H, Bundo K, Kubo M, et al. BLNK suppresses pre-B-cell leukemogenesis through inhibition of JAK3. Blood. 2009;113:1483-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, somatic loss of BLNK and concomitant mutations leading to constitutive activation of Jak/STAT5 pathway result in the generation of pre-B-cell leukemia. ..
- Iwai T, Hayashi Y, Narita S, Kasuya Y, Jin K, Tsugane M, et al. Antidepressant-like effects of glucagon-like peptide-2 in mice occur via monoamine pathways. Behav Brain Res. 2009;204:235-40 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GLP-2 exerts antidepressant-like effects in the forced-swim test in mice, which are associated with 5-HT1A, alpha2, beta1 and D2 receptors. ..
- Kim J, To T, Matsui A, Tanoi K, Kobayashi N, Matsuda F, et al. Acetate-mediated novel survival strategy against drought in plants. Nat Plants. 2017;3:17097 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight a radically new survival strategy that exploits an epigenetic switch of metabolic flux conversion and hormone signalling by which plants adapt to drought. ..
- Yamada K, Fuwa T, Ayukawa T, Tanaka T, Nakamura A, Wilkin M, et al. Roles of Drosophila deltex in Notch receptor endocytic trafficking and activation. Genes Cells. 2011;16:261-72 pubmed publisher..These findings extend our understanding of how N's trafficking and activation are correlated. ..
- Konakahara S, Saitou M, Hori S, Nakane T, Murai K, Itoh R, et al. A neuronal transmembrane protein LRFN4 induces monocyte/macrophage migration via actin cytoskeleton reorganization. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2377-84 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that LRFN4 signaling plays an important role in the migration of monocytes/macrophages. ..
- Fusaki N, Tomita S, Wu Y, Okamoto N, Goitsuka R, Kitamura D, et al. BLNK is associated with the CD72/SHP-1/Grb2 complex in the WEHI231 cell line after membrane IgM cross-linking. Eur J Immunol. 2000;30:1326-30 pubmed..The results suggest that the mIgM-mediated signal strongly correlates with the formation of the CD72 / SHP-1 / Grb2 / BLNK complex. ..
- Ishikawa H, Higashi S, Ayukawa T, Sasamura T, Kitagawa M, Harigaya K, et al. Notch deficiency implicated in the pathogenesis of congenital disorder of glycosylation IIc. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:18532-7 pubmed..Finally, we found that mammalian Gfr is required for N signaling in mammalian cultured cells. Therefore, our results implicate reduced N signaling in the pathology of CDG IIc. ..
- Goitsuka R, Tatsuno A, Ishiai M, Kurosaki T, Kitamura D. MIST functions through distinct domains in immunoreceptor signaling in the presence and absence of LAT. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36043-50 pubmed..These results revealed a marked plasticity of MIST function as an adaptor in the cell contexts with or without LAT. ..
- Hori K, Fostier M, Ito M, Fuwa T, Go M, Okano H, et al. Drosophila deltex mediates suppressor of Hairless-independent and late-endosomal activation of Notch signaling. Development. 2004;131:5527-37 pubmed
- Shibata M, Breuer C, Kawamura A, Clark N, Rymen B, Braidwood L, et al. GTL1 and DF1 regulate root hair growth through transcriptional repression of ROOT HAIR DEFECTIVE 6-LIKE 4 in Arabidopsis. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..This study therefore uncovers a core regulatory module that fine-tunes the extent of root hair growth by the orchestrated actions of opposing transcription factors. ..
- Ishikawa H, Ayukawa T, Nakayama M, Higashi S, Kamiyama S, Nishihara S, et al. Two pathways for importing GDP-fucose into the endoplasmic reticulum lumen function redundantly in the O-fucosylation of Notch in Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4122-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that two pathways for the nucleotide sugar supply, involving two nucleotide sugar transporters with distinct characteristics and distributions, contribute to the O-fucosylation of Notch. ..
- Yamamoto M, Nojima T, Hayashi K, Goitsuka R, Furukawa K, Azuma T, et al. BASH-deficient mice: limited primary repertoire and antibody formation, but sufficient affinity maturation and memory B cell generation, in anti-NP response. Int Immunol. 2004;16:1161-71 pubmed..Thus, the scarcity of specific clones in the primary repertoire and an impaired primary response is not detrimental to the quality and quantity of a memory response. ..
- Aoyama N, Yamakawa T, Sasamura T, Yoshida Y, Ohori M, Okubo H, et al. Loss- and gain-of-function analyses of vacuolar protein sorting 2 in Notch signaling of Drosophila melanogaster. Genes Genet Syst. 2013;88:45-57 pubmed..In these cells, a portion of the Vps2 protein was detected in MVBs and colocalized with Notch. These data indicate that the expression of vps2 must be precisely regulated to maintain the normal structure of early endosomes. ..
- Hara T, Kojima T, Matsuzaki H, Nakamura T, Yoshida E, Fujiwara Y, et al. Induction of Syndecan-4 by Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Molecules with a 1,10-Phenanthroline Structure in Cultured Vascular Endothelial Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated an alternative pathway involved in mediating induction of endothelial syndecan-4 expression and revealed organic-inorganic hybrid molecules as effective tools for analyzing biological systems. ..
- Matsuno K, Ito M, Hori K, Miyashita F, Suzuki S, Kishi N, et al. Involvement of a proline-rich motif and RING-H2 finger of Deltex in the regulation of Notch signaling. Development. 2002;129:1049-59 pubmed..Therefore, oligomerization mediated by the RING-H2 finger motif is an integral step in the signaling function of Deltex. ..
- Baba T, Fusaki N, Aoyama A, Li D, Okamura R, Parnes J, et al. Dual regulation of BCR-mediated growth inhibition signaling by CD72. Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:1634-42 pubmed..Thus, pre-ligation of CD72 results in the manifestation of an ostensible positive signal. ..
- Hayashi K, Kobayashi T, Umino T, Goitsuka R, Matsui Y, Kitamura D. SMAD1 signaling is critical for initial commitment of germ cell lineage from mouse epiblast. Mech Dev. 2002;118:99-109 pubmed..These results indicate that SMAD1 signaling possesses a critical and non-redundant function in the initial commitment of the germ cell lineage. ..
- Hori K, Fuwa T, Seki T, Matsuno K. Genetic regions that interact with loss- and gain-of-function phenotypes of deltex implicate novel genes in Drosophila Notch signaling. Mol Genet Genomics. 2005;272:627-38 pubmed..Analyses based on whole-genome information allowed us to conclude that we have identified two novel loci that probably include uncharacterized genes involved in Dx-mediated Notch signaling. ..
- Goitsuka R, Kanazashi H, Sasanuma H, Fujimura Y, Hidaka Y, Tatsuno A, et al. A BASH/SLP-76-related adaptor protein MIST/Clnk involved in IgE receptor-mediated mast cell degranulation. Int Immunol. 2000;12:573-80 pubmed..As a crucial signaling component for FcepsilonRI-induced mast cell degranulation, MIST/Clnk might serve as a target for anti-allergic therapy. ..
- Okita N, Minato S, Ohmi E, Tanuma S, Higami Y. DNA damage-induced CHK1 autophosphorylation at Ser296 is regulated by an intramolecular mechanism. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:3974-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that CHK1 mediates cell cycle checkpoint signals by both cis-autophosphorylation and trans-phosphorylation of downstream factors. ..
- Nakamura Y, Matsuno K. Species-specific activation of EGF receptor signaling underlies evolutionary diversity in the dorsal appendage number of the genus Drosophila eggshells. Mech Dev. 2003;120:897-907 pubmed..Thus, our results link the species-specific activation of EGFR signaling and the evolution of eggshell morphology in Drosophila. ..
- Kurusu T, Saito K, Horikoshi S, Hanamata S, Negi J, Yagi C, et al. An S-type anion channel SLAC1 is involved in cryptogein-induced ion fluxes and modulates hypersensitive responses in tobacco BY-2 cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70623 pubmed publisher..These findings shed light on the possible involvement of the SLAC/SLAH family anion channels in cryptogein signaling to trigger the plasma membrane ion channel cascade in the plant defense signal transduction network. ..