Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish in Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
- Kimura Y, Satou C, Fujioka S, Shoji W, Umeda K, Ishizuka T, et al. Hindbrain V2a neurons in the excitation of spinal locomotor circuits during zebrafish swimming. Curr Biol. 2013;23:843-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that hindbrain reticulospinal V2a neurons play critical roles in providing excitation to the spinal locomotor circuits during swimming by providing both tonic and phasic inputs to the circuits. ..
- Chen Q, Takada R, Takada S. Loss of Porcupine impairs convergent extension during gastrulation in zebrafish. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2224-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, a decrease of Porcn activity does not equivalently affect trafficking and lipidation of different Wnt proteins in zebrafish embryos and in cultured mammalian cells. ..
- Satou C, Kimura Y, Higashijima S. Generation of multiple classes of V0 neurons in zebrafish spinal cord: progenitor heterogeneity and temporal control of neuronal diversity. J Neurosci. 2012;32:1771-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that multiple types of V0 neurons are produced by two distinct mechanisms; from heterogeneous p0 progenitors and from the same p0 progenitor, but in a time-dependent manner. ..
- Tao H, Manak J, Sowers L, Mei X, Kiyonari H, Abe T, et al. Mutations in prickle orthologs cause seizures in flies, mice, and humans. Am J Hum Genet. 2011;88:138-49 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that prickle mutations have caused seizures throughout evolution. ..
- Takahashi J, Ohbayashi A, Oginuma M, Saito D, Mochizuki A, Saga Y, et al. Analysis of Ripply1/2-deficient mouse embryos reveals a mechanism underlying the rostro-caudal patterning within a somite. Dev Biol. 2010;342:134-45 pubmed publisher..We propose that the rostro-caudal pattern is established by dynamic interaction of Notch activity with two Mesp2 domains, which are defined in successive segmentation cycles by Notch, Tbx6 and Ripply1/2...
- Satou C, Kimura Y, Kohashi T, Horikawa K, Takeda H, Oda Y, et al. Functional role of a specialized class of spinal commissural inhibitory neurons during fast escapes in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6780-93 pubmed publisher..This study illustrates (1) a clear example of the behavioral role of a specialized class of interneurons and (2) the capacity of the spinal circuits to filter descending commands and thereby produce the appropriate behavior. ..
- Kimura Y, Satou C, Higashijima S. V2a and V2b neurons are generated by the final divisions of pair-producing progenitors in the zebrafish spinal cord. Development. 2008;135:3001-5 pubmed publisher..We report that the terminal division of pair-producing progenitor cells in vertebrate neurogenesis can reproducibly produce two distinct neurons through a mechanism that may not depend on the orientation of the division axis. ..
- Akanuma T, Koshida S, Kawamura A, Kishimoto Y, Takada S. Paf1 complex homologues are required for Notch-regulated transcription during somite segmentation. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:858-63 pubmed..Therefore, zebrafish homologues of the yeast Paf1 complex seem to preferentially affect a subset of genes, including Notch-regulated genes, during embryogenesis. ..
- Kawamura A, Koshida S, Hijikata H, Ohbayashi A, Kondoh H, Takada S. Groucho-associated transcriptional repressor ripply1 is required for proper transition from the presomitic mesoderm to somites. Dev Cell. 2005;9:735-44 pubmed..Thus, ripply1 plays dual roles in the transition from the PSM to somites: termination of the segmentation program in the PSM and maintenance of the rostrocaudal polarity. ..
- Kawamura A, Koshida S, Hijikata H, Sakaguchi T, Kondoh H, Takada S. Zebrafish hairy/enhancer of split protein links FGF signaling to cyclic gene expression in the periodic segmentation of somites. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1156-61 pubmed..Furthermore, Her13.2 augments autorepression of her1 in association with Her1 protein. Therefore, FGF signaling appears to maintain the oscillation machinery by supplying a binding partner, Her13.2, for Her1. ..