Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Topic: transcription factors
Publications184 found, 100 shown here
- Nakamichi N, Kita M, Niinuma K, Ito S, Yamashino T, Mizoguchi T, et al. Arabidopsis clock-associated pseudo-response regulators PRR9, PRR7 and PRR5 coordinately and positively regulate flowering time through the canonical CONSTANS-dependent photoperiodic pathway. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:822-32 pubmed
- Shimada M, Yamada Namikawa C, Murakami Tonami Y, Yoshida T, Nakanishi M, Urano T, et al. Cdc2p controls the forkhead transcription factor Fkh2p by phosphorylation during sexual differentiation in fission yeast. EMBO J. 2008;27:132-42 pubmed..We propose that functional interaction between Cdks and forkhead transcription factors may link the mitotic cell cycle and sexual differentiation. ..
- Kondo T, Kajita R, Miyazaki A, Hokoyama M, Nakamura Miura T, Mizuno S, et al. Stomatal density is controlled by a mesophyll-derived signaling molecule. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:1-8 pubmed publisher..We also suggest that stomagen increases stomatal density by competing with negative regulators EPF1 and EPF2 for the receptor-like protein TOO MANY MOUTHS...
- Nishida Y, Sugi T, Nonomura M, Mori I. Identification of the AFD neuron as the site of action of the CREB protein in Caenorhabditis elegans thermotaxis. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:855-62 pubmed publisher..We present a new platform for analysing the mechanism of behavioural memory at single-cellular resolution within the neural circuit. ..
- Iwata E, Ikeda S, Matsunaga S, Kurata M, Yoshioka Y, Criqui M, et al. GIGAS CELL1, a novel negative regulator of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome, is required for proper mitotic progression and cell fate determination in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:4382-93 pubmed publisher..Generation of cells with a mixed identity in gig1/osd1 further suggested that the APC/C may have an unexpected role for cell fate determination in addition to its role for proper mitotic progression. ..
- Yamaguchi T, Yanagisawa K, Sugiyama R, Hosono Y, Shimada Y, Arima C, et al. NKX2-1/TITF1/TTF-1-Induced ROR1 is required to sustain EGFR survival signaling in lung adenocarcinoma. Cancer Cell. 2012;21:348-61 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus identify ROR1 as an "Achilles' heel" in lung adenocarcinoma, warranting future development of therapeutic strategies for this devastating cancer. ..
- Ogami K, Hosoda N, Funakoshi Y, Hoshino S. Antiproliferative protein Tob directly regulates c-myc proto-oncogene expression through cytoplasmic polyadenylation element-binding protein CPEB. Oncogene. 2014;33:55-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tob appears to function in the control of cell growth at least, in part, by regulating the expression of c-myc. ..
- Tsujimoto R, Kamiya N, Fujita Y. Transcriptional regulators ChlR and CnfR are essential for diazotrophic growth in nonheterocystous cyanobacteria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:6762-7 pubmed publisher..We propose to rename the patB homolog as cnfR, after cyanobacterial nitrogen fixation regulator. ..
- Sato E, Nakamichi N, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. Aberrant expression of the Arabidopsis circadian-regulated APRR5 gene belonging to the APRR1/TOC1 quintet results in early flowering and hypersensitiveness to light in early photomorphogenesis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:1374-85 pubmed
- Uranishi M, Iida S, Sanda T, Ishida T, Tajima E, Ito M, et al. Multiple myeloma oncogene 1 (MUM1)/interferon regulatory factor 4 (IRF4) upregulates monokine induced by interferon-gamma (MIG) gene expression in B-cell malignancy. Leukemia. 2005;19:1471-8 pubmed..Leukemia (2005) 19, 1471-1478. doi:10.1038/sj.leu.2403833; published online 16 June 2005. ..
- Onai K, Ishiura M. PHYTOCLOCK 1 encoding a novel GARP protein essential for the Arabidopsis circadian clock. Genes Cells. 2005;10:963-72 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the PCL1 gene is the clock oscillator gene essential to the generation of clock oscillation in the higher plant...
- Nakayama T, Miyabe S, Okabe M, Sakuma H, Ijichi K, Hasegawa Y, et al. Clinicopathological significance of the CRTC3-MAML2 fusion transcript in mucoepidermoid carcinoma. Mod Pathol. 2009;22:1575-81 pubmed publisher..Mucoepidermoid carcinomas possessing CRTC3-MAML2 fusion may be associated with favorable clinicopathological features and patients may be younger than those with CRTC1-MAML2 fusion or those with no detectable gene fusion. ..
- Itoh T, Miyake K, Yamaguchi T, Tsuge M, Kaneoka H, Iijima S. Constitutive expression of the brg1 gene requires GC-boxes near to the transcriptional start site. J Biochem. 2011;149:301-9 pubmed publisher..In vivo and in vitro binding assays showed that Sp3 and YY1 interacted with each other. Together, these results suggest that Sp3 and YY1 recruit general transcription factors and facilitate the assembly of a preinitiation complex. ..
- Kinoshita T, Ono N, Hayashi Y, Morimoto S, Nakamura S, Soda M, et al. FLOWERING LOCUS T regulates stomatal opening. Curr Biol. 2011;21:1232-8 pubmed publisher..Our results define a new cell-autonomous role for FT and demonstrate that the flowering time genes ELF3 and FT are involved in the regulation of H(+)-ATPase by blue light in guard cells. ..
- Maruyama D, Hamamura Y, Takeuchi H, Susaki D, Nishimaki M, Kurihara D, et al. Independent control by each female gamete prevents the attraction of multiple pollen tubes. Dev Cell. 2013;25:317-23 pubmed publisher..We thus propose that each female gamete independently determines second-pollen-tube avoidance to maximize reproductive fitness in flowering plants. ..
- Iwase K, Okamoto T, Nui R, Mizutani S. Expression of nm23-H1 in hydatidiform mole and its relationship with the development of postmolar disease. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2001;51:228-32 pubmed..The present data suggest an association of nm23-H1 for the proliferation activity of trophoblast, and its increased expression may influence the development of persistent trophoblastic disease. ..
- Sunohara T, Jojima K, Yamamoto Y, Inada T, Aiba H. Nascent-peptide-mediated ribosome stalling at a stop codon induces mRNA cleavage resulting in nonstop mRNA that is recognized by tmRNA. RNA. 2004;10:378-86 pubmed
- Isobe Y, Nishino H. Signal transmission from the suprachiasmatic nucleus to the pineal gland via the paraventricular nucleus: analysed from arg-vasopressin peptide, rPer2 mRNA and AVP mRNA changes and pineal AA-NAT mRNA after the melatonin injection during light and dar. Brain Res. 2004;1013:204-11 pubmed..These results might suggest that the different responses to melatonin in the pineal gland during the light and dark periods was originated in the changes of Per2 in the PVN via SCN. ..
- Hayashi Y, Hirose F, Nishimoto Y, Shiraki M, Yamagishi M, Matsukage A, et al. Identification of CFDD (common regulatory factor for DNA replication and DREF genes) and role of its binding site in regulation of the proliferating cell nuclear antigen gene promoter. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:22848-58 pubmed..Therefore, CFDD may play important roles in regulation of Drosophila DNA replication-related genes. ..
- Makino S, Matsushika A, Kojima M, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. The APRR1/TOC1 quintet implicated in circadian rhythms of Arabidopsis thaliana: I. Characterization with APRR1-overexpressing plants. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:58-69 pubmed..These results are discussed in relation to the current idea that APRR1 (TOC1) plays a role within, or close to, the Arabidopsis central oscillator. ..
- Nakamichi N, Yanada H, Aiba H, Aoyama K, Ohmiya R, Mizuno T. Characterization of the Prr1 response regulator with special reference to sexual development in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2003;67:547-55 pubmed..pombe. ..
- Iwase H, Omoto Y, Toyama T, Yamashita H, Hara Y, Sugiura H, et al. Clinical significance of AIB1 expression in human breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2003;80:339-45 pubmed..In conclusion, AIB1 nuclear expression was correlated with the estrogen receptor alpha status, and patients with AIB1 nuclear expression tended to be successfully treated by hormonal therapy. ..
- Kiba T, Aoki K, Sakakibara H, Mizuno T. Arabidopsis response regulator, ARR22, ectopic expression of which results in phenotypes similar to the wol cytokinin-receptor mutant. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:1063-77 pubmed..These results suggested that ARR22 might also be implicated, directly or indirectly, in the cytokinin-responsive His-->Asp phophorelay signal transduction. ..
- Morinaga T, Enomoto A, Shimono Y, Hirose F, Fukuda N, Dambara A, et al. GDNF-inducible zinc finger protein 1 is a sequence-specific transcriptional repressor that binds to the HOXA10 gene regulatory region. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:4191-201 pubmed..These findings thus suggest that GZF1 may regulate the spatial and temporal expression of the HOXA10 gene which plays a role in morphogenesis. ..
- Sato Y, Miyake K, Kaneoka H, Iijima S. Sumoylation of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha and its functional roles in hepatocyte differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:21629-39 pubmed..This result suggests that BRG1 down-regulates the expression of the dihydrofolate reductase gene. These findings provide the insight that SUMO acts as a space regulator, which affects protein-protein interactions. ..
- Fukuoka T, Hibi K, Nakao A. Aberrant methylation is frequently observed in advanced esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:3333-5 pubmed..ESCC with methylation-positive genes showed a trend towards larger tumor size and deeper invasion (p = 0.139 and p = 0.0664, respectively). Thus, the methylation of the p16, HLTF and CDH13 genes is a high malignancy factor in ESCC. ..
- Kitomi Y, Ito H, Hobo T, Aya K, Kitano H, Inukai Y. The auxin responsive AP2/ERF transcription factor CROWN ROOTLESS5 is involved in crown root initiation in rice through the induction of OsRR1, a type-A response regulator of cytokinin signaling. Plant J. 2011;67:472-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that auxin-induced CRL5 promotes crown root initiation through repression of cytokinin signaling by positively regulating type-A RR, OsRR1. ..
- Kondo N, Katsuno M, Adachi H, Minamiyama M, Doi H, Matsumoto S, et al. Heat shock factor-1 influences pathological lesion distribution of polyglutamine-induced neurodegeneration. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1405 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that heat shock factor-1 influences the pathological lesion selectivity in spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy. ..
- Okada R, Kondo S, Satbhai S, Yamaguchi N, Tsukuda M, Aoki S. Functional characterization of CCA1/LHY homolog genes, PpCCA1a and PpCCA1b, in the moss Physcomitrella patens. Plant J. 2009;60:551-63 pubmed publisher..Together, our results illustrate similarities as well as divergence of the clock machineries between P. patens and A. thaliana, two distantly placed species in land plant phylogeny...
- Machida Y, Murai K, Miyake K, Iijima S. Expression of chromatin remodeling factors during neural differentiation. J Biochem. 2001;129:43-9 pubmed..Immunocytochemical analyses revealed that the expression of BRM started even in the undifferentiated nestin-positive cells. These results indicate that BRM may have an important role in neural cell differentiation. ..
- Takeuchi Y, Murata Y, Sadow P, Hayashi Y, Seo H, Xu J, et al. Steroid receptor coactivator-1 deficiency causes variable alterations in the modulation of T(3)-regulated transcription of genes in vivo. Endocrinology. 2002;143:1346-52 pubmed..SRC-1 appears to be involved not only in transcriptional activation by liganded TRs, but also in the suppression by liganded or unliganded TRs. Some of the effects of SRC-1 may be TR isoform specific. ..
- Kanbe E, Abe A, Towatari M, Kawabe T, Saito H, Emi N. DR1-like element in human topoisomerase IIalpha gene involved in enhancement of etoposide-induced apoptosis by PPARgamma ligand. Exp Hematol. 2003;31:300-8 pubmed
- Kwon E, Seto H, Hirose F, Ohshima N, Takahashi Y, Nishida Y, et al. Transcription control of a gene for Drosophila transcription factor, DREF by DRE and cis-elements conserved between Drosophila melanogaster and virilis. Gene. 2003;309:101-16 pubmed
- Yasuo S, Watanabe M, Okabayashi N, Ebihara S, Yoshimura T. Circadian clock genes and photoperiodism: Comprehensive analysis of clock gene expression in the mediobasal hypothalamus, the suprachiasmatic nucleus, and the pineal gland of Japanese Quail under various light schedules. Endocrinology. 2003;144:3742-8 pubmed..In contrast, expression patterns of clock genes in the MBH were stable under various light conditions, which enables animals to keep a steady-state photoinducible phase. ..
- Iwanaga K, Nomura S, Ito T, Ikoma Y, Yamamoto E, Okada M, et al. Placental leucine aminopeptidase/oxytocinase gene regulation by activator protein-2 in BeWo cell model of human trophoblast differentiation. FEBS Lett. 2003;552:120-4 pubmed..Among the isoforms, BeWo expressed AP-2alpha and AP-2gamma, while FSK increased only AP-2alpha. These results suggest differentiation-dependent P-LAP expression in trophoblasts, which involves increased AP-2alpha binding. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Sato E, Shimizu T, Nakamich N, Sato S, Kato T, et al. Comparative genetic studies on the APRR5 and APRR7 genes belonging to the APRR1/TOC1 quintet implicated in circadian rhythm, control of flowering time, and early photomorphogenesis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2003;44:1119-30 pubmed
- El Kazzaz W, Morita T, Tagami H, Inada T, Aiba H. Metabolic block at early stages of the glycolytic pathway activates the Rcs phosphorelay system via increased synthesis of dTDP-glucose in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2004;51:1117-28 pubmed..Taken together, we conclude that an increased synthesis of dTDP-glucose activates the Rcs phosphorelay system, presumably by affecting the synthesis of oligosaccharides for enterobacterial common antigen and O-antigen. ..
- Matsui T, Katsuno Y, Inoue T, Fujita F, Joh T, Niida H, et al. Negative regulation of Chk2 expression by p53 is dependent on the CCAAT-binding transcription factor NF-Y. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:25093-100 pubmed..These results suggest that p53 negatively regulates Chk2 gene transcription through modulation of NF-Y function and that this regulation may be important for reentry of cells into the cell cycle after DNA damage is repaired. ..
- Mori T, Nomoto S, Koshikawa K, Fujii T, Sakai M, Nishikawa Y, et al. Decreased expression and frequent allelic inactivation of the RUNX3 gene at 1p36 in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Liver Int. 2005;25:380-8 pubmed..Hypermethylation and LOH appear to be common mechanisms for inactivation of RUNX3 in HCC. Therefore, RUNX3 may be an important tumor suppressor gene related to hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Tsukamoto T, Mizoshita T, Mihara M, Tanaka H, Takenaka Y, Yamamura Y, et al. Sox2 expression in human stomach adenocarcinomas with gastric and gastric-and-intestinal-mixed phenotypes. Histopathology. 2005;46:649-58 pubmed..Sox2 may play an important role in maintaining a gastric phenotype in stomach cancers as well as in normal tissue, in cooperation with other cofactor(s). ..
- Ueno Y, Ishikawa T, Watanabe K, Terakura S, Iwakawa H, Okada K, et al. Histone deacetylases and ASYMMETRIC LEAVES2 are involved in the establishment of polarity in leaves of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:445-57 pubmed
- Kawamura M, Ito S, Nakamichi N, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. The function of the clock-associated transcriptional regulator CCA1 (CIRCADIAN CLOCK-ASSOCIATED 1) in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:1307-16 pubmed
- Narimatsu H, Iino M, Ichihashi T, Yokozawa T, Hayakawa M, Kiyoi H, et al. Clinical significance of minimal residual disease in patients with t(8;21) acute myeloid leukemia in Japan. Int J Hematol. 2008;88:154-158 pubmed publisher..Although these findings need to be confirmed with a larger number of patients, our data indicate that the MRD level at a given time during the early course in CR does not predict the outcome in Japanese patients. ..
- Kawamura H, Ito S, Yamashino T, Niwa Y, Nakamichi N, Mizuno T. Characterization of genetic links between two clock-associated genes, GI and PRR5 in the current clock model of Arabidopsis thaliana. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:2770-4 pubmed..The model includes the hypothetical evening Y-TOC1 feedback loop, in which "Y" is suspected to be GI and/or PRR5. This issue was also addressed in this study; perhaps GI and PRR5 are not sufficient to fulfill the Y role. ..
- Kurahashi S, Hayakawa F, Miyata Y, Yasuda T, Minami Y, Tsuzuki S, et al. PAX5-PML acts as a dual dominant-negative form of both PAX5 and PML. Oncogene. 2011;30:1822-30 pubmed publisher..These data suggest the possible involvement of this fusion protein in the leukemogenesis of B-ALL in a dual dominant-negative manner and the possibility that ALL with PAX5-PML can be treated with ATO. ..
- Ohtsuka H, Azuma K, Kubota S, Murakami H, Giga Hama Y, Tohda H, et al. Chronological lifespan extension by Ecl1 family proteins depends on Prr1 response regulator in fission yeast. Genes Cells. 2012;17:39-52 pubmed publisher..From these results, we propose that Ecl1-family proteins conduct H2O2 stress resistance and chronological lifespan extension in ctt1+- and prr1+-dependent manner, respectively...
- Iida S, Seto M, Yamamoto K, Komatsu H, Tojo A, Asano S, et al. MLLT3 gene on 9p22 involved in t(9;11) leukemia encodes a serine/proline rich protein homologous to MLLT1 on 19p13. Oncogene. 1993;8:3085-92 pubmed..As previously found in t(11;19) leukemia, heterogeneous MLL-MLLT3 chimeric mRNAs could be detected by the reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) in t(9;11) leukemia samples. ..
- Takizawa J, Suzuki R, Kuroda H, Utsunomiya A, Kagami Y, Joh T, et al. Expression of the TCL1 gene at 14q32 in B-cell malignancies but not in adult T-cell leukemia. Jpn J Cancer Res. 1998;89:712-8 pubmed..These results indicate that TCL1 is not a major target gene for ATL, but that it may play a role in B-cell differentiation and proliferation. ..
- Okamoto T, Ono T, Hori M, Yang J, Tetsuka T, Kawabe T, et al. Assignment of the IkappaB-beta gene NFKBIB to human chromosome band 19q13.1 by in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1998;82:105-6 pubmed
- Kitakura S, Fujita T, Ueno Y, Terakura S, Wabiko H, Machida Y. The protein encoded by oncogene 6b from Agrobacterium tumefaciens interacts with a nuclear protein of tobacco. Plant Cell. 2002;14:451-63 pubmed..Thus, it seems possible that the 6b protein might function in the proliferation of plant cells, at least in part, through an association with NtSIP1...
- Hirose F, Ohshima N, Kwon E, Yoshida H, Yamaguchi M. Drosophila Mi-2 negatively regulates dDREF by inhibiting its DNA-binding activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:5182-93 pubmed..These lines of evidence define a novel function of dMi-2 in the negative regulation of dDREF by its DNA-binding activity. Finally, we postulated that dDREF and dMi-2 may demonstrate reciprocal regulation of their functions. ..
- Ito S, Matsushika A, Yamada H, Sato S, Kato T, Tabata S, et al. Characterization of the APRR9 pseudo-response regulator belonging to the APRR1/TOC1 quintet in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2003;44:1237-45 pubmed..These results are discussed within the context of a current consistent model of the Arabidopsis circadian oscillator. ..
- Tominaga K, Johmura Y, Nishizuka M, Imagawa M. Fad24, a mammalian homolog of Noc3p, is a positive regulator in adipocyte differentiation. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6217-26 pubmed
- Yamamori E, Asai M, Yoshida M, Takano K, Itoi K, Oiso Y, et al. Calcium/calmodulin kinase IV pathway is involved in the transcriptional regulation of the corticotropin-releasing hormone gene promoter in neuronal cells. J Mol Endocrinol. 2004;33:639-49 pubmed..Since the CRH gene is expressed in the neuronal cells of the hypothalamus, the calcium/CaMKIV signaling pathway may play an important role in the excitation-mediated regulation of CRH synthesis. ..
- Imai K, Nakata K, Kawai K, Hamano T, Mei N, Kasai H, et al. Induction of OGG1 gene expression by HIV-1 Tat. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26701-13 pubmed..These findings collectively indicate the possibility that Tat may play a role in maintenance of the genetic integrity of the proviral and host cellular genomes by up-regulating OGG1 as a feed-forward mechanism. ..
- Hayashi Y, Kato M, Seto H, Yamaguchi M. Drosophila distal-less negatively regulates dDREF by inhibiting its DNA binding activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1759:359-66 pubmed..The repression of this dDREF-function by a homeodomain protein like Dll may contribute to the differentiation-coupled repression of cell proliferation during development. ..
- Sugiura K, Muro Y, Futamura K, Matsumoto K, Hashimoto N, Nishizawa Y, et al. The unfolded protein response is activated in differentiating epidermal keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:2126-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings strongly suggest that the UPR is activated during normal epidermal KC differentiation and induces C/EBPbeta, KLF4, and ABCA12 mRNAs...
- Okada R, Satbhai S, Aoki S. Photoperiod-dependent regulation of cell growth by PpCCA1a and PpCCA1b genes encoding single-myb clock proteins in the moss Physcomitrella patens. Genes Genet Syst. 2009;84:379-84 pubmed..thaliana in a photoperiod-dependent manner...
- Fujii M, Toyoda T, Nakanishi H, Yatabe Y, Sato A, Matsudaira Y, et al. TGF-? synergizes with defects in the Hippo pathway to stimulate human malignant mesothelioma growth. J Exp Med. 2012;209:479-94 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that CTGF is an important modulator of MM growth and pathology and represents a novel therapeutic target for this disease. ..
- Mansour M, Hyodo T, Akter K, Kokuryo T, Uehara K, Nagino M, et al. SATB1 and SATB2 play opposing roles in c-Myc expression and progression of colorectal cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4993-5006 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal interesting features of how the structural homologs SATB1 and SATB2 exert opposing functions in colorectal tumorigenesis. ..
- Okamoto T, Iwase K, Niu R. Expression and localization of nm23-H1 in the human placenta. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2002;266:1-4 pubmed..These findings suggest that nm23-H1 is involved in the differentiation process of the trophoblast, and high levels of nm23-H1 expression seem to reflect the proliferating, less differentiated state of that reserve. ..
- Jung C, Hida H, Nakahira K, Ikenaka K, Kim H, Nishino H. Pleiotrophin mRNA is highly expressed in neural stem (progenitor) cells of mouse ventral mesencephalon and the product promotes production of dopaminergic neurons from embryonic stem cell-derived nestin-positive cells. FASEB J. 2004;18:1237-9 pubmed..Data suggest that PTN mRNA is highly expressed in neural stem (progenitor) cells of mouse ventral mesencephalon, and PTN promotes the production of DAergic neurons from ES cell-derived nestin-positive cells. ..
- Dohda T, Kaneoka H, Inayoshi Y, Kamihira M, Miyake K, Iijima S. Transcriptional coactivators CBP and p300 cooperatively enhance HNF-1alpha-mediated expression of the albumin gene in hepatocytes. J Biochem. 2004;136:313-9 pubmed..In addition, inhibition of CBP or p300 using small interfering RNAs (siRNAs) resulted in a reduction in albumin expression. These results suggest that both CBP and p300 are required for enhanced expression of albumin. ..
- Masaki T, Tsukagoshi H, Mitsui N, Nishii T, Hattori T, Morikami A, et al. Activation tagging of a gene for a protein with novel class of CCT-domain activates expression of a subset of sugar-inducible genes in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2005;43:142-52 pubmed..These results suggest that ASML2 functions as a transcriptional activator and regulates the expression of at least a subset of sugar-inducible genes. ..
- Okochi M, Kurimoto M, Shimizu K, Honda H. Effect of global transcriptional regulators related to carbohydrate metabolism on organic solvent tolerance in Escherichia coli. J Biosci Bioeng. 2008;105:389-94 pubmed publisher..The OSTs of DeltagadB and DeltanuoG mutants decreased, suggesting that the expressions of these proteins are involved in the increased OST in the Deltacrp and DeltacyaA mutants. ..
- Hoshino K, Muro Y, Sugiura K, Tomita Y, Nakashima R, Mimori T. Anti-MDA5 and anti-TIF1-gamma antibodies have clinical significance for patients with dermatomyositis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2010;49:1726-33 pubmed publisher..Anti-MDA5 and anti-TIF1-gamma antibodies were detected based on their ability to immunoprecipitate biotinylated recombinant MDA5 and TIF1-gamma, and were closely associated with life-threatening complications in DM. ..
- Satbhai S, Yamashino T, Okada R, Nomoto Y, Mizuno T, Tezuka Y, et al. Pseudo-response regulator (PRR) homologues of the moss Physcomitrella patens: insights into the evolution of the PRR family in land plants. DNA Res. 2011;18:39-52 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results illustrate that PRRs originated from an RR(s) and that there are intraspecific divergences among PpPRRs. Finally, we offer scenarios for the evolution of the PRR family in land plants. ..
- Hosoda N, Funakoshi Y, Hirasawa M, Yamagishi R, Asano Y, Miyagawa R, et al. Anti-proliferative protein Tob negatively regulates CPEB3 target by recruiting Caf1 deadenylase. EMBO J. 2011;30:1311-23 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that Tob mediates the recruitment of Caf1 to the target of CPEB3 and elicits deadenylation and decay of the mRNA. Our results provide an explanation of how Tob regulates specific biological processes. ..
- Goto E, Tomita A, Hayakawa F, Atsumi A, Kiyoi H, Naoe T. Missense mutations in PML-RARA are critical for the lack of responsiveness to arsenic trioxide treatment. Blood. 2011;118:1600-9 pubmed publisher..Nearly identical localization patterns were observed in patients' primary cells. Therefore, B2 domain mutations may play an important role in aberrant molecular responses toAs?O? and may be critical for As?O? resistance in APL...
- Ishikawa A, Muro Y, Sugiura K, Akiyama M. Development of an ELISA for detection of autoantibodies to nuclear matrix protein 2. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2012;51:1181-7 pubmed publisher..This study aimed to identify a subset of DM patients who have anti-nuclear matrix protein 2 (anti-NXP-2) antibodies by using biotinylated recombinant proteins, and to clarify the clinical features of DM patients with these antibodies...
- Doi H, Adachi H, Katsuno M, Minamiyama M, Matsumoto S, Kondo N, et al. p62/SQSTM1 differentially removes the toxic mutant androgen receptor via autophagy and inclusion formation in a spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy mouse model. J Neurosci. 2013;33:7710-27 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that p62 provides two different therapeutic targets in SBMA pathogenesis: (1) autophagy-dependent degradation and (2) benevolent inclusion formation of the mutant AR. ..
- Murai T, Yamada S, Fuchs B, Fujii T, Nakayama G, Sugimoto H, et al. Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition predicts prognosis in clinical gastric cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2014;109:684-9 pubmed publisher..73). Patients in Zeb-1 high group had significantly poorer survival than those in low group (P?=?0.0071). EMT is a critical prognostic factor for gastric cancer. Zeb-1 might be a promising therapeutic target. ..
- French J, Johnatty S, Lu Y, Beesley J, Gao B, Kalimutho M, et al. Germline polymorphisms in an enhancer of PSIP1 are associated with progression-free survival in epithelial ovarian cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:6353-68 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that the minor allele of rs7874043 confers poor PFS by increasing PSIP1 expression. ..
- Iwakawa H, Ueno Y, Semiarti E, Onouchi H, Kojima S, Tsukaya H, et al. The ASYMMETRIC LEAVES2 gene of Arabidopsis thaliana, required for formation of a symmetric flat leaf lamina, encodes a member of a novel family of proteins characterized by cysteine repeats and a leucine zipper. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:467-78 pubmed
- Ohshima N, Takahashi M, Hirose F. Identification of a human homologue of the DREF transcription factor with a potential role in regulation of the histone H1 gene. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:22928-38 pubmed..These results suggest that expression of hDREF/KIAA0785 may have a role in regulation of human genes related to cell proliferation. ..
- Okamoto M, Ogawa Y, Watanabe A, Sugiura K, Shimomura Y, Aoki N, et al. Autoantibodies to DFS70/LEDGF are increased in alopecia areata patients. J Autoimmun. 2004;23:257-66 pubmed..The elevated anti-DFS70 antibodies in alopecia patients and the localization of the DFS70 in the ORS suggest that autoantibodies against the DFS70 are related to the etiology in a certain population of AA. ..
- Yokoyama A, Yamashino T, Amano Y, Tajima Y, Imamura A, Sakakibara H, et al. Type-B ARR transcription factors, ARR10 and ARR12, are implicated in cytokinin-mediated regulation of protoxylem differentiation in roots of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:84-96 pubmed..Taken together, we propose that ARR10 and ARR12, together with ARR1, redundantly play pivotal roles in the AHK-dependent phosphorelay signaling in response to cytokinin in roots. ..
- Ito S, Nakamichi N, Kiba T, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. Rhythmic and light-inducible appearance of clock-associated pseudo-response regulator protein PRR9 through programmed degradation in the dark in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:1644-51 pubmed..Our work further suggests that the presence of PRR9 polypeptides is controlled through proteasome-mediated programmed degradation in the dark. ..
- Shibata K, Kajiyama H, Yamamoto E, Terauchi M, Ino K, Nawa A, et al. Establishment and characterization of an ovarian yolk sac tumor cell line reveals possible involvement of Nkx2.5 in tumor development. Oncology. 2008;74:104-11 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to establish a human ovarian YST cell line to be able to identify a target for novel molecular-based therapy...
- Kohashi T, Nakata N, Oda Y. Effective sensory modality activating an escape triggering neuron switches during early development in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2012;32:5810-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, a switch in the effective sensory input to the M-cells mediates the acquisition of a novel modality for initiating fast escape. ..
- Ueoka Nakanishi H, Yamashino T, Ishida K, Kamioka M, Nakamichi N, Mizuno T. Molecular mechanisms of circadian rhythm in Lotus japonicus and Arabidopsis thaliana are sufficiently compatible to regulate heterologous core clock genes robustly. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2012;76:2332-4 pubmed..thaliana core clock genes CCA1 and PRR5 in heterologous L. japonicus cells and found that the molecular mechanism of circadian rhythm in L. japonicus is compatible with that of A. thaliana. ..
- Kitagawa R, Ozaki T, Moriya S, Ogawa T. Negative control of replication initiation by a novel chromosomal locus exhibiting exceptional affinity for Escherichia coli DnaA protein. Genes Dev. 1998;12:3032-43 pubmed..Titration of DnaA to newly duplicated datA during oriC sequestration, which is mediated by hemimethylated GATC sequences in oriC and the SeqA protein, would contribute to prevention of reinitiations when oriC is desequestered. ..
- Imamura A, Kiba T, Tajima Y, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. In vivo and in vitro characterization of the ARR11 response regulator implicated in the His-to-Asp phosphorelay signal transduction in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2003;44:122-31 pubmed..These results with regard to the functions of ARR11 are mainly discussed in comparison with those of the previously characterized type-B response regulators. ..
- Nishii K, Yamanaka I, Yasuda M, Kiyohara Y, Kitayama Y, Kondo T, et al. Rhythmic post-transcriptional regulation of the circadian clock protein mPER2 in mammalian cells: a real-time analysis. Neurosci Lett. 2006;401:44-8 pubmed..This suggests that a post-transcriptional/translational mechanism itself is capable of generating the circadian mPER2 accumulation cycle, and thus this type of regulation may function in the circadian clock system in mammals. ..
- Suzuki T, Sakurai K, Ueguchi C, Mizuno T. Two types of putative nuclear factors that physically interact with histidine-containing phosphotransfer (Hpt) domains, signaling mediators in His-to-Asp phosphorelay, in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2001;42:37-45 pubmed
- Nakamichi N, Kusano M, Fukushima A, Kita M, Ito S, Yamashino T, et al. Transcript profiling of an Arabidopsis PSEUDO RESPONSE REGULATOR arrhythmic triple mutant reveals a role for the circadian clock in cold stress response. Plant Cell Physiol. 2009;50:447-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PRR9, PRR7 and PRR5 are involved in a mechanism that anticipates diurnal cold stress and which initiates a stress response by mediating cyclic expression of stress response genes, including DREB1/CBF. ..