Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on substrate specificity in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Topic: substrate specificity
- Lee C, Ito Y, Yanagiba Y, Yamanoshita O, Kim H, Zhang S, et al. Pyrene-induced CYP1A2 and SULT1A1 may be regulated by CAR and not by AhR. Toxicology. 2007;238:147-56 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that pyrene-induced CYP1A2 and SULT1A1 are regulated by CAR, not by AhR. However, the mechanisms of UGT1A1 and 1A6 induction by pyrene were not elucidated in this study. ..
- Nagasaki H, Chung S, Dooley C, Wang Z, Li C, Saito Y, et al. The pharmacological properties of a novel MCH1 receptor antagonist isolated from combinatorial libraries. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;602:194-202 pubmed publisher..These results also illustrate the successful application of combinatorial library screening to identify specific surrogate antagonists in an academic setting. ..
- Fujishiro T, Shoji O, Kawakami N, Watanabe T, Sugimoto H, Shiro Y, et al. Chiral-substrate-assisted stereoselective epoxidation catalyzed by H2O2-dependent cytochrome P450SP?. Chem Asian J. 2012;7:2286-93 pubmed publisher..A docking simulation of the binding of styrene in the active site of the (R)-ibuprofen-bound form suggested that the orientation of the vinyl group of styrene in the active site agreed with the formation of (S)-styrene oxide. ..
- Kato N, Suyama S, Shirokane M, Kato M, Kobayashi T, Tsukagoshi N. Novel alpha-glucosidase from Aspergillus nidulans with strong transglycosylation activity. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2002;68:1250-6 pubmed..However, AgdB was phylogenetically distinct from any other alpha-glucosidases. We propose here that AgdB is a novel alpha-glucosidase with unusually strong transglycosylation activity. ..
- Yang J, Koga Y, Nakano H, Yamane T. Modifying the chain-length selectivity of the lipase from Burkholderia cepacia KWI-56 through in vitro combinatorial mutagenesis in the substrate-binding site. Protein Eng. 2002;15:147-52 pubmed..It was found that L167V raised its preference for the short-chain ester, whereas F119A/L167M improved its selectivity for the long-chain ester. ..
- Sugimura Y, Hosono M, Wada F, Yoshimura T, Maki M, Hitomi K. Screening for the preferred substrate sequence of transglutaminase using a phage-displayed peptide library: identification of peptide substrates for TGASE 2 and Factor XIIIA. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17699-706 pubmed..Furthermore, we identified the amino acid sequences that demonstrated higher specificity and inhibitory activity in the cross-linking reactions by TGase 2 and Factor XIIIa. ..
- Ujita M, Inoue R, Makino Y, Katsuno Y, Okumura H. Binding specificity of the recombinant cytoplasmic domain of Cordyceps militaris ?-1,3-glucan synthase catalytic subunit. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:171-4 pubmed..The recombinant cytoplasmic domain bound specifically to UDP-agarose and lichenan (?-glucan), but not to ADP-agarose, GDP-agarose, or other carbohydrates. ..
- Hirono M, Maeshima M. Functional enhancement by single-residue substitution of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) H+-translocating pyrophosphatase. J Biochem. 2009;146:617-21 pubmed publisher..Two of the 38 mutant enzymes, F388Y and A514S, showed a high ratio of H(+)-pump to substrate hydrolysis without decrease in the substrate hydrolysis activity, indicating high energy-coupling efficiency. ..
- Masayama A, Takahashi T, Tsukada K, Nishikawa S, Takahashi R, Adachi M, et al. Streptomyces phospholipase D mutants with altered substrate specificity capable of phosphatidylinositol synthesis. Chembiochem. 2008;9:974-81 pubmed publisher..The mutant enzyme was able to transphosphatidylate various cyclohexanols with a preference for bulkier compounds. This is the first example of alteration of the substrate specificity of PLD and of PI synthesis by Streptomyces PLD...
- Mitsuya S, Yokota Y, Fujiwara T, Mori N, Takabe T. OsBADH1 is possibly involved in acetaldehyde oxidation in rice plant peroxisomes. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:3625-9 pubmed publisher..We confirmed that OsBADH1 localizes in peroxisomes. In this paper, a possible physiological function of OsBADH1 in the oxidation of acetaldehyde produced by catalase in rice plant peroxisomes is discussed. ..
- Fukui M, Kuramoto K, Yamasaki R, Shimizu Y, Itoh M, Kawamoto T, et al. Identification of a highly reactive substrate peptide for transglutaminase 6 and its use in detecting transglutaminase activity in the skin epidermis. FEBS J. 2013;280:1420-9 pubmed publisher..Analyses with the biotin-labeled and fluorescence-labeled peptides showed TG6 to be an active enzyme and react to specific substrates in the skin, which is consistent with the results of the expression pattern of its transcripts. ..
- Tokui T, Inagaki M, Nishizawa K, Yatani R, Kusagawa M, Ajiro K, et al. Inactivation of DNA polymerase beta by in vitro phosphorylation with protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:10820-4 pubmed..Thus, the inactivation of the DNA repair enzyme, DNA polymerase beta, by PKC may be an important process in the modification of DNA metabolism in the nucleus through signal transduction processes. ..
- Kumanomidou T, Mizushima T, Komatsu M, Suzuki A, Tanida I, Sou Y, et al. The crystal structure of human Atg4b, a processing and de-conjugating enzyme for autophagosome-forming modifiers. J Mol Biol. 2006;355:612-8 pubmed..We propose that the R229 and W142 residues in Atg4b are specifically essential for recognition of substrates and catalysis of both precursor processing and de-conjugation of phospholipids. ..
- Ito T, Hemmi H, Kataoka K, Mukai Y, Yoshimura T. A novel zinc-dependent D-serine dehydratase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 2008;409:399-406 pubmed..D-Serine dehydratase of S. cerevisiae is probably the first example of a eukaryotic D-serine dehydratase and that of a specifically zinc-dependent pyridoxal enzyme as well. ..
- Okazaki S, Suzuki A, Mizushima T, Komeda H, Asano Y, Yamane T. Structures of D-amino-acid amidase complexed with L-phenylalanine and with L-phenylalanine amide: insight into the D-stereospecificity of D-amino-acid amidase from Ochrobactrum anthropi SV3. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2008;64:331-4 pubmed publisher
- Yamamoto S, Inoue K, Ohta K, Fukatsu R, Maeda J, Yoshida Y, et al. Identification and functional characterization of rat riboflavin transporter 2. J Biochem. 2009;145:437-43 pubmed publisher..Such ability to transport riboflavin in a specific manner, together with its high expression in the small intestine, indicates that RFT2 may play a role in the intestinal absorption of riboflavin. ..
- Ueda R, Suzuki T, Mino K, Tsumoto H, Nakagawa H, Hasegawa M, et al. Identification of cell-active lysine specific demethylase 1-selective inhibitors. J Am Chem Soc. 2009;131:17536-7 pubmed publisher..These inhibitors show in vivo H3K4-methylating activity and antiproliferative activity and should be useful as lead structures for anticancer drugs and as tools for studying the biological roles of LSD1. ..
- Hisanaga A, Morishita S, Suzuki K, Sasaki K, Koie M, Kohno T, et al. A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 4 (ADAMTS-4) cleaves Reelin in an isoform-dependent manner. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:3349-53 pubmed publisher..Among ADAMTS-4 isoforms, p50 cleaves the N-t site only, while p75 cleaves both sites. This is the first report identifying a protease that can specifically cleave Reelin. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Takahashi I, Ogata N, Nakazawa K. Purification and characterization of N-acetylglucosaminyl sulfotransferase from chick corneas. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2001;392:87-92 pubmed..It appears that this enzyme competes with beta-galactosyltransferase in binding to the nonreducing GlcNAc residue on KS synthesis; this suggests that the sulfation of the GlcNAc residue is coupled with the elongation of the KS chain. ..
- Nagatoshi M, Terasaka K, Nagatsu A, Mizukami H. Iridoid-specific glucosyltransferase from Gardenia jasminoides. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32866-74 pubmed publisher..The mRNA level of UGT85A24 overlaps with the marked increase in genipin glucosylation activity in the methyl jasmonate-treated cell cultures of G. jasminoides and is related to iridoid accumulation in G. jasminoides fruits...
- Hatakeyama R, Kono K, Yoshida S. Ypk1 and Ypk2 kinases maintain Rho1 at the plasma membrane by flippase-dependent lipid remodeling after membrane stresses. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1169-1178 pubmed publisher..Since all the signaling molecules studied here are conserved in higher eukaryotes, our findings might represent a general mechanism to cope with PM stress. ..
- Kamei A. Partial properties of four glycosidases in normal human lens and variations in their enzyme activities during aging and with the advance of lens coloration. Biol Pharm Bull. 1998;21:982-6 pubmed..In particular, the specific activity of enzymes in the brown lens was very low, indicating that glycosidases in the brown lens may scarcely display their enzyme activities. ..
- Okajima T, Fukumoto S, Miyazaki H, Ishida H, Kiso M, Urano T, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel alpha2,3-sialyltransferase (ST3Gal VI) that sialylates type II lactosamine structures on glycoproteins and glycolipids. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:11479-86 pubmed..Consequently, these data indicated that this enzyme is involved in the synthesis of sialyl-paragloboside, a precursor of sialyl-Lewis X determinant. ..
- Kawasaki M, Hisamoto N, Iino Y, Yamamoto M, Ninomiya Tsuji J, Matsumoto K. A Caenorhabditis elegans JNK signal transduction pathway regulates coordinated movement via type-D GABAergic motor neurons. EMBO J. 1999;18:3604-15 pubmed..Furthermore, ectopic expression of JKK-1 in type-D motor neurons is sufficient to rescue the movement defect. Thus, the C.elegans JNK pathway functions in type-D GABAergic motor neurons and thereby modulates coordinated locomotion. ..
- Sato S, Murakami M, Yoshimura T, Hemmi H. Specific partial reduction of geranylgeranyl diphosphate by an enzyme from the thermoacidophilic archaeon Sulfolobus acidocaldarius yields a reactive prenyl donor, not a dead-end product. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:3923-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the reaction product was shown to be phytyl diphosphate, which is a substrate for archaeal prenyltransferases, unlike the completely reduced compound phytanyl diphosphate...
- Aoki N, Aoyama K, Nagata M, Matsuda T. A growing family of dual specificity phosphatases with low molecular masses. J Biochem. 2001;130:133-40 pubmed..Taken together, it is conceivable that a distinct class of low molecular mass DSPs is present and plays a role in dephosphorylating unknown molecules other than MAP kinases. ..
- Ogasawara D, Suzuki T, Mino K, Ueda R, Khan M, Matsubara T, et al. Synthesis and biological activity of optically active NCL-1, a lysine-specific demethylase 1 selective inhibitor. Bioorg Med Chem. 2011;19:3702-8 pubmed publisher..In cell growth inhibition assays, the two isomers showed similar activity in HEK293 cells and SH-SY5Y cells, whereas the (1S,2R)-isomer showed approximately four times more potent activity than the (1R,2S)-isomer in HeLa cells. ..
- Uchimura K, El Fasakhany F, Hori M, Hemmerich S, Blink S, Kansas G, et al. Specificities of N-acetylglucosamine-6-O-sulfotransferases in relation to L-selectin ligand synthesis and tumor-associated enzyme expression. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3979-84 pubmed..Sumiya, J., Yonezawa, S., Nagata, K., and Yamashita, K. (2000) Glycobiology 10, 919-929). ..
- Damnjanovic J, Iwasaki Y. Phospholipase D as a catalyst: application in phospholipid synthesis, molecular structure and protein engineering. J Biosci Bioeng. 2013;116:271-80 pubmed publisher..We introduced some of our recent results in combination with existing facts to further deepen the story on the nature of this useful enzyme. ..
- Watanabe K, Tsunoda K, Itoh M, Fukui M, Mori H, Hitomi K. Transglutaminase 2 and Factor XIII catalyze distinct substrates in differentiating osteoblastic cell line: utility of highly reactive substrate peptides. Amino Acids. 2013;44:209-14 pubmed publisher..These analyses also indicate the benefit of the substrate peptides for obtaining distinct substrates in a reaction mixture where two isozymes co-exist. ..
- Mori T, Ogawa T, Yoshimura T, Hemmi H. Substrate specificity of undecaprenyl diphosphate synthase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Aeropyrum pernix. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;436:230-4 pubmed publisher..This means that the product of the enzyme, which is probably used as the precursor of the glycosyl carrier lipid, would have an undiscovered structure. ..
- Itoh M, Tatsukawa H, Eun Seo L, Yamanishi K, Kojima S, Hitomi K. Variations in both TG1 and TG2 isozyme-specific in situ activities and protein expressions during mouse embryonic development. J Histochem Cytochem. 2013;61:793-801 pubmed publisher..Our method allowed us to simultaneously observe developmental variations in both TG isozyme-specific activities and protein levels in mouse embryonic and neonate tissues. ..
- El Fasakhany F, Uchimura K, Kannagi R, Muramatsu T. A novel human Gal-3-O-sulfotransferase: molecular cloning, characterization, and its implications in biosynthesis of (SO(4)-3)Galbeta1-4(Fucalpha1-3)GlcNAc. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:26988-94 pubmed..These results indicated that the newly cloned enzyme is a novel Gal-3-O-sulfotransferase and is involved in biosynthesis of the (SO(4)-3)Galbeta1-4(Fucalpha1-3)GlcNAc structure. ..
- Ikehara Y, Shimizu N, Kono M, Nishihara S, Nakanishi H, Kitamura T, et al. A novel glycosyltransferase with a polyglutamine repeat; a new candidate for GD1alpha synthase (ST6GalNAc V)(1). FEBS Lett. 1999;463:92-6 pubmed..Interestingly, the polyglutamine repeat number was different from that of inbred mice. We report the first glycosyltransferase with a polymorphic polyglutamine repeat. ..
- Komori R, Amano Y, Ogawa Ohnishi M, Matsubayashi Y. Identification of tyrosylprotein sulfotransferase in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:15067-72 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that plants and animals independently acquired tyrosine sulfation enzymes through convergent evolution. ..
- Ohta K, Inoue K, Hayashi Y, Yuasa H. Molecular identification and functional characterization of rat multidrug and toxin extrusion type transporter 1 as an organic cation/H+ antiporter in the kidney. Drug Metab Dispos. 2006;34:1868-74 pubmed
- Tsuchida A, Ogiso M, Nakamura Y, Kiso M, Furukawa K, Furukawa K. Molecular cloning and expression of human ST6GalNAc III: restricted tissue distribution and substrate specificity. J Biochem. 2005;138:237-43 pubmed..e. GM1b and sialyl lactotetraosylceramide, was observed. hST6GalNAc III also showed sialyltransferase activity toward O-glycans (but not N-glycans) in fetuin. ..
- Inuzuka T, Suzuki H, Kawasaki M, Shibata H, Wakatsuki S, Maki M. Molecular basis for defect in Alix-binding by alternatively spliced isoform of ALG-2 (ALG-2DeltaGF122) and structural roles of F122 in target recognition. BMC Struct Biol. 2010;10:25 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a residue at the position of F122 contributes to target specificity and a smaller side chain is preferable for Alix binding but not favored to bind annexin A11. ..
- Nikai T, Katano E, Komori Y, Sugihara H. Beta-fibrinogenase from the venom of Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. Comp Biochem Physiol B. 1988;89:509-15 pubmed..7. The Michaelis constant (Km) of this enzyme for TAME and inhibition constant (Ki) for DFP were found to be 7.04 X 10(-3) and 4.13 X 10(-3) M, respectively. ..
- Shimada M, Niida H, Zineldeen D, Tagami H, Tanaka M, Saito H, et al. Chk1 is a histone H3 threonine 11 kinase that regulates DNA damage-induced transcriptional repression. Cell. 2008;132:221-32 pubmed publisher..We propose a mechanism for Chk1 as a histone kinase, responsible for DNA-damage-induced transcriptional repression by loss of histone acetylation. ..
- Muramatsu H, Tachikui H, Ushida H, Song X, Qiu Y, Yamamoto S, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of endo-beta-N-acetylglucosaminidase D, which acts on the core structure of complex type asparagine-linked oligosaccharides. J Biochem. 2001;129:923-8 pubmed..pneumoniae and has an LPXTG motif typical of surface-associated proteins of Gram-positive bacteria. It is possible that Endo D is located on the surface of the bacterium and, together with other glycosidases, is involved in virulence...
- Nakata D, M nster A, Gerardy Schahn R, Aoki N, Matsuda T, Kitajima K. Molecular cloning of a unique CMP-sialic acid synthetase that effectively utilizes both deaminoneuraminic acid (KDN) and N-acetylneuraminic acid (Neu5Ac) as substrates. Glycobiology. 2001;11:685-92 pubmed..These results indicate that at least one cloned enzyme has the ability to utilize both KDN and Neu5Ac as substrates efficiently and is useful for the production of CMP-KDN...
- Chen Y, Fukuoka S, Makino S. A novel spore peptidoglycan hydrolase of Bacillus cereus: biochemical characterization and nucleotide sequence of the corresponding gene, sleL. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:1499-506 pubmed..The B. subtilis genome sequence contains genes, yaaH and ydhD, which encode putative proteins showing similarity to SleL. ..
- Murakami Kojima M, Nakamichi N, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. The APRR3 component of the clock-associated APRR1/TOC1 quintet is phosphorylated by a novel protein kinase belonging to the WNK family, the gene for which is also transcribed rhythmically in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:675-83 pubmed..thaliana, providing a molecular link between the putative clock component, APRR3, and WNK1, a novel protein kinase that might be implicated as a signal transducer. ..
- Yamamura Y, Sahin F, Nagatsu A, Mizukami H. Molecular cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding a novel apoplastic protein preferentially expressed in a shikonin-producing callus strain of Lithospermum erythrorhizon. Plant Cell Physiol. 2003;44:437-46 pubmed..These results indicate that expression of the LEPS-2 is closely linked with shikonin biosynthesis and the LEPS-2 protein may be involved in the intra-cell wall trapping of shikonin pigments...
- Oba Y, Ojika M, Inouye S. Characterization of CG6178 gene product with high sequence similarity to firefly luciferase in Drosophila melanogaster. Gene. 2004;329:137-45 pubmed..Further, phylogenic analyses strongly suggest that the firefly luciferase gene may have evolved from a fatty acyl-CoA synthetase gene as a common ancestral gene. ..
- Oba Y, Tanaka K, Inouye S. Catalytic properties of domain-exchanged chimeric proteins between firefly luciferase and Drosophila fatty Acyl-CoA synthetase CG6178. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006;70:2739-44 pubmed..These results suggest that the N-terminal domain of firefly luciferase is essential for substrate recognition, and that the C-terminal domain is indispensable but not specialized for the luminescence reaction. ..
- Kamiya Y, Kamiya D, Yamamoto K, Nyfeler B, Hauri H, Kato K. Molecular basis of sugar recognition by the human L-type lectins ERGIC-53, VIPL, and VIP36. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1857-61 pubmed..Moreover, structure-based mutagenesis revealed that the sugar-binding properties of these L-type lectins can be switched by single amino acid substitutions. ..
- Fujita Y, Mita S, Ohtsuka H, Aiba H. Identification of a fatty acyl-CoA synthetase gene, lcf2+, which affects viability after entry into the stationary phase in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:3041-7 pubmed..These results suggest that fatty acid utilization and/or metabolism is important to determine viability in the stationary phase. ..
- Suganuma I, Ushiyama T, Yamada H, Iwamoto A, Kobayashi M, Ikeda M. Cloning and characterization of a dronc homologue in the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;41:909-21 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Bm-Dronc serves as the initiator caspase responsible for the induction of caspase-dependent apoptosis. ..
- Kosako H, Amano M, Yanagida M, Tanabe K, Nishi Y, Kaibuchi K, et al. Phosphorylation of glial fibrillary acidic protein at the same sites by cleavage furrow kinase and Rho-associated kinase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:10333-6 pubmed..Furthermore, the phosphorylation of GFAP by Rho-kinase results in a nearly complete inhibition of its filament formation in vitro. The possibility that Rho-kinase is a candidate for cleavage furrow kinase is discussed. ..
- Mizushima T, Yoshida Y, Kumanomidou T, Hasegawa Y, Suzuki A, Yamane T, et al. Structural basis for the selection of glycosylated substrates by SCF(Fbs1) ubiquitin ligase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:5777-81 pubmed
- Okajima T, Fukumoto S, Ito H, Kiso M, Hirabayashi Y, Urano T, et al. Molecular cloning of brain-specific GD1alpha synthase (ST6GalNAc V) containing CAG/Glutamine repeats. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:30557-62 pubmed..It is concluded that this enzyme is involved in the synthesis of GD1alpha in the nervous tissues, and the CAG repeats may have implications in neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Nakanishi M, Ando H, Watanabe N, Kitamura K, Ito K, Okayama H, et al. Identification and characterization of human Wee1B, a new member of the Wee1 family of Cdk-inhibitory kinases. Genes Cells. 2000;5:839-47 pubmed..We identified human Wee1B as a novel Cdk1-inhibitory kinase. The identification of this new member of the Wee1 family suggests that inhibition of Cdk1 is mediated at multiple levels in mammals. ..
- Goto H, Tanabe K, Manser E, Lim L, Yasui Y, Inagaki M. Phosphorylation and reorganization of vimentin by p21-activated kinase (PAK). Genes Cells. 2002;7:91-7 pubmed..However, the kinase-inactive mutant induced neither vimentin phosphorylation nor filament reorganization. Our observations suggest that PAK may regulate the reorganization of vimentin filaments through direct vimentin phosphorylation. ..
- Hirota S, Iwamoto T, Kishishita S, Okajima T, Yamauchi O, Tanizawa K. Spectroscopic observation of intermediates formed during the oxidative half-reaction of copper/topa quinone-containing phenylethylamine oxidase. Biochemistry. 2001;40:15789-96 pubmed..On the basis of these results, a possible mechanism is proposed for the oxidative half-reaction of the bacterial copper amine oxidase...
- Yamamoto S, Inoue K, Murata T, Kamigaso S, Yasujima T, Maeda J, et al. Identification and functional characterization of the first nucleobase transporter in mammals: implication in the species difference in the intestinal absorption mechanism of nucleobases and their analogs between higher primates and other mammals. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:6522-31 pubmed publisher..The present study provides novel insights into the specific transport and metabolism of nucleobases and their analogs for therapeutic use. ..
- Hishinuma E, Akai F, Narita Y, Maekawa M, Yamaguchi H, Mano N, et al. Functional characterization of 21 allelic variants of dihydropyrimidinase. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;143:118-128 pubmed publisher..Thus, detection of DPYS genetic polymorphisms might facilitate the prediction severe adverse effects of fluoropyrimidine-based treatments. ..
- Negishi T, Oshima K, Hattori M, Yoshida K. Plasma membrane-localized Al-transporter from blue hydrangea sepals is a member of the anion permease family. Genes Cells. 2013;18:341-52 pubmed publisher..The over-expression of HmPALT2 in Arabidopsis resulted in aluminum-hypersensitivity, suggesting that HmPALT2 should work as an aluminum transporter into cells in planta...
- Sugiyama K, Sugiura K, Hara T, Sugimoto K, Shima H, Honda K, et al. Aurora-B associated protein phosphatases as negative regulators of kinase activation. Oncogene. 2002;21:3103-11 pubmed..We found that this enzyme is an arginine-directed kinase that can phosphorylate histone H3 at serines 10 and 28 in vitro, suggesting that human Aurora-B is a mitotic histone H3 kinase. ..
- Kato S, Hemmi H, Yoshimura T. Lysine racemase from a lactic acid bacterium, Oenococcus oeni: structural basis of substrate specificity. J Biochem. 2012;152:505-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the two residues play an important role in lysine racemization. ..
- Nagatoshi M, Terasaka K, Owaki M, Sota M, Inukai T, Nagatsu A, et al. UGT75L6 and UGT94E5 mediate sequential glucosylation of crocetin to crocin in Gardenia jasminoides. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1055-61 pubmed publisher..The expression pattern of neither UGT75L6 nor UGT94E5 correlated with the pattern of crocin accumulation in G. jasminoides...
- Oba Y, Sato M, Ojika M, Inouye S. Enzymatic and genetic characterization of firefly luciferase and Drosophila CG6178 as a fatty acyl-CoA synthetase. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2005;69:819-28 pubmed..These results suggest that insects have a novel type of fatty acyl-CoA synthetase. ..