Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on spinal cord in Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
Topic: spinal cord
- Shimizu T, Kagawa T, Wada T, Muroyama Y, Takada S, Ikenaka K. Wnt signaling controls the timing of oligodendrocyte development in the spinal cord. Dev Biol. 2005;282:397-410 pubmed..Addition of rmFz-8/Fc, a Wnt antagonist, increased the number of immature oligodendrocytes in the spinal cord explant culture, demonstrating that endogenous Wnt signaling controls oligodendrocyte development. ..
- Shibasaki K, Murayama N, Ono K, Ishizaki Y, Tominaga M. TRPV2 enhances axon outgrowth through its activation by membrane stretch in developing sensory and motor neurons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:4601-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, for the first time we revealed that TRPV2 is an important regulator for axon outgrowth through its activation by membrane stretch during development. ..
- Gotoh H, Ono K, Takebayashi H, Harada H, Nakamura H, Ikenaka K. Genetically-defined lineage tracing of Nkx2.2-expressing cells in chick spinal cord. Dev Biol. 2011;349:504-11 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the labeled OLs were found throughout the white matter in the spinal cord including the most dorsal spinal cord. Thus p3 domain directly generates spinal cord OLs in the chick spinal cord...
- Satou C, Kimura Y, Higashijima S. Generation of multiple classes of V0 neurons in zebrafish spinal cord: progenitor heterogeneity and temporal control of neuronal diversity. J Neurosci. 2012;32:1771-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that multiple types of V0 neurons are produced by two distinct mechanisms; from heterogeneous p0 progenitors and from the same p0 progenitor, but in a time-dependent manner. ..
- Masahira N, Takebayashi H, Ono K, Watanabe K, Ding L, Furusho M, et al. Olig2-positive progenitors in the embryonic spinal cord give rise not only to motoneurons and oligodendrocytes, but also to a subset of astrocytes and ependymal cells. Dev Biol. 2006;293:358-69 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that motoneurons and oligodendrocytes are not the only cell types originating from this domain. ..
- Kimura Y, Satou C, Fujioka S, Shoji W, Umeda K, Ishizuka T, et al. Hindbrain V2a neurons in the excitation of spinal locomotor circuits during zebrafish swimming. Curr Biol. 2013;23:843-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that hindbrain reticulospinal V2a neurons play critical roles in providing excitation to the spinal locomotor circuits during swimming by providing both tonic and phasic inputs to the circuits. ..
- Ishibashi H, Hirao K, Yamaguchi J, Nabekura J. Inhibition of chloride outward transport by gadolinium in cultured rat spinal cord neurons. Neurotoxicology. 2009;30:155-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Gd3+ inhibits a KCC function and gives rise to increase in intracellular Cl- concentration. The reduction of outward chloride transport could be related to the neurotoxic effects of Gd3+. ..
- Kimura Y, Satou C, Higashijima S. V2a and V2b neurons are generated by the final divisions of pair-producing progenitors in the zebrafish spinal cord. Development. 2008;135:3001-5 pubmed publisher..We report that the terminal division of pair-producing progenitor cells in vertebrate neurogenesis can reproducibly produce two distinct neurons through a mechanism that may not depend on the orientation of the division axis. ..