Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Publications213 found, 100 shown here
- Masuda T, Isobe Y, Aihara N, Furuyama F, Misumi S, Kim T, et al. Increase in neurogenesis and neuroblast migration after a small intracerebral hemorrhage in rats. Neurosci Lett. 2007;425:114-9 pubmed..These data suggest that collagenase-induced ICH enhances the proliferation of endogenous NPCs and the migration of newly born neuroblasts toward the hemorrhage area. ..
- Koeda T, Tamura R, Sato J, Mizumura K. Substance P is involved in the cutaneous blood flow increase response to sympathetic nerve stimulation in persistently inflamed rats. J Physiol Sci. 2007;57:361-6 pubmed..These results suggest that NK-1 receptor activation is involved in the BF-increase response to SS, and that this activation is in part mediated by SP from lumbar SG that was synthesized de novo in inflamed animals. ..
- Morishima T, Aoyama M, Iida Y, Yamamoto N, Hirate H, Arima H, et al. Lactic acid increases aquaporin 4 expression on the cell membrane of cultured rat astrocytes. Neurosci Res. 2008;61:18-26 pubmed publisher..The increase in AQP4 expression level on the cell membrane of astrocytes induced by lactic acid may be a new regulation mechanism of AQP4 in the brain. ..
- Kuzuya T, Katano Y, Nakano I, Hirooka Y, Itoh A, Ishigami M, et al. Regulation of branched-chain amino acid catabolism in rat models for spontaneous type 2 diabetes mellitus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;373:94-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that BCAA catabolism in type 2 diabetes is downregulated and enhanced by BCAA supplementation...
- Pheng V, Uenoyama Y, Homma T, Inamoto Y, Takase K, Yoshizawa Kumagaye K, et al. Potencies of centrally- or peripherally-injected full-length kisspeptin or its C-terminal decapeptide on LH release in intact male rats. J Reprod Dev. 2009;55:378-82 pubmed
- Futakuchi S, Ishiguro H, Naruse S, Ko S, Fujiki K, Yamamoto A, et al. High glucose inhibits HCO3(-) and fluid secretion in rat pancreatic ducts. Pflugers Arch. 2009;459:215-26 pubmed publisher..These two factors would tend to inhibit the basolateral uptake and apical efflux of Cl(-) and HCO3(-) and could therefore account for the impaired fluid and electrolyte secretion that is observed in diabetes...
- Tang M, Asamoto M, Ogawa K, Naiki Ito A, Sato S, Takahashi S, et al. Induction of apoptosis in the LNCaP human prostate carcinoma cell line and prostate adenocarcinomas of SV40T antigen transgenic rats by the Bowman-Birk inhibitor. Pathol Int. 2009;59:790-6 pubmed publisher..These in vivo and in vitro results suggest that BBI possesses chemopreventive activity associated with induction of Cx43 expression and apoptosis. ..
- Ohara H, Akatsuka S, Nagai H, Liu Y, Jiang L, Okazaki Y, et al. Stage-specific roles of fibulin-5 during oxidative stress-induced renal carcinogenesis in rats. Free Radic Res. 2011;45:211-20 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that Fbln5 plays a role not only in the tissue repair and remodelling after renal tubular oxidative damage but also in RCC metastasis, presumably as a cytokine. ..
- Watanabe T, Maruyama S, Yamamoto T, Kamo I, Yasuda K, Saka Y, et al. Increased urethral resistance by periurethral injection of low serum cultured adipose-derived mesenchymal stromal cells in rats. Int J Urol. 2011;18:659-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, its use for treatment of stress urinary incontinence can be postulated. ..
- Sakai K, Yamamoto A, Matsubara K, Nakamura S, Naruse M, Yamagata M, et al. Human dental pulp-derived stem cells promote locomotor recovery after complete transection of the rat spinal cord by multiple neuro-regenerative mechanisms. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:80-90 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that tooth-derived stem cells may provide therapeutic benefits for treating SCI through both cell-autonomous and paracrine neuroregenerative activities. ..
- Hasegawa M, Ishiguro K, Ando T, Goto H. Geranylgeranylacetone attenuates cisplatin-induced reductions in cell viability by suppressing the elevation of intracellular p53 content without heat shock protein induction. Nagoya J Med Sci. 2012;74:123-31 pubmed..In conclusion, GGA attenuates viability reductions and caspase-3 activation in CDDP-treated cells by suppressing the elevation of intracellular p53 content without HSP induction. ..
- Shimizu H, Yisireyili M, Nishijima F, Niwa T. Indoxyl sulfate enhances p53-TGF-?1-Smad3 pathway in proximal tubular cells. Am J Nephrol. 2013;37:97-103 pubmed publisher..Indoxyl sulfate-induced Smad3 accelerates TGF-?1-induced ?-SMA expression through ERK activation. Thus, indoxyl sulfate enhances p53-TGF-?1-Smad3 pathway in proximal tubular cells. ..
- Imai H, Numaguchi Y, Ishii M, Kubota R, Yokouchi K, Ogawa Y, et al. Prostacyclin synthase gene transfer inhibits neointimal formation by suppressing PPAR delta expression. Atherosclerosis. 2007;195:322-32 pubmed..Ad-PGIS gene transfer reduced PPAR delta expression and inhibited neointimal formation after balloon injury in accordance with the reduction in the phosphorylation of p38 MAPK. ..
- Taguchi T, Kozaki Y, Katanosaka K, Mizumura K. Compression-induced ATP release from rat skeletal muscle with and without lengthening contraction. Neurosci Lett. 2008;434:277-81 pubmed publisher..The amount of ATP released from the muscle preparations was not different between the non-treated control and the LC group. These results provide clear evidence that ATP is released from rat skeletal muscle by compression. ..
- Taguchi T, Tomotoshi K, Mizumura K. Excitatory actions of mushroom poison (acromelic acid) on unmyelinated muscular afferents in the rat. Neurosci Lett. 2009;456:69-73 pubmed publisher..These results clearly demonstrated the powerful excitatory action of ACRO-A on mechanosensitive unmyelinated afferents in the rat skeletal muscle. ..
- Nagao T, Nagamatsu T, Suzuki Y. Effect of DP-1904, a thromboxane A2 synthase inhibitor, on passive Heymann nephritis in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 1996;316:73-80 pubmed
- Hayashi Y, Kiyono T, Fujita M, Ishibashi M. cca1 is required for formation of growth-arrested confluent monolayer of rat 3Y1 cells. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:18082-6 pubmed..The results allow us to conclude that cca1 is required but not sufficient for formation of growth-arrested confluent monolayer of 3Y1 cells. ..
- Amano T, Furuno T, Hirashima N, Ohyama N, Nakanishi M. Dynamics of intracellular granules with CD63-GFP in rat basophilic leukemia cells. J Biochem. 2001;129:739-44 pubmed..1+/-0.02 microm/s. This shows that the granules are able to reach the plasma membranes in 2 or 3 min if the diameter of the cells is 20 microm. ..
- Kondo K. Duodenogastric reflux and gastric stump carcinoma. Gastric Cancer. 2002;5:16-22 pubmed..Further clinical study is needed to elucidate the pathogenetic factors involved in gastric stump carcinoma...
- Cheng J, Futakuchi M, Ogawa K, Iwata T, Kasai M, Tokudome S, et al. Dose response study of conjugated fatty acid derived from safflower oil on mammary and colon carcinogenesis pretreated with 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene (DMBA) and 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH) in female Sprague-Dawley rats. Cancer Lett. 2003;196:161-8 pubmed..These results suggest that a diet containing appropriate levels of CFA-S may be useful for prevention of mammary and colon cancer. ..
- Inaguma S, Takahashi S, Ohnishi H, Suzuki S, Cho Y, Shirai T. High susceptibility of the ACI and spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR) strains to 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine (PhIP) prostate carcinogenesis. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:974-9 pubmed..The present data indicate that ACI and SHR rats are appropriate strains for experimental investigation of PhIP-induced prostate carcinogenesis. ..
- Qin B, Nagasaki M, Ren M, Bajotto G, Oshida Y, Sato Y. Cinnamon extract (traditional herb) potentiates in vivo insulin-regulated glucose utilization via enhancing insulin signaling in rats. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2003;62:139-48 pubmed..These results suggest that the cinnamon extract would improve insulin action via increasing glucose uptake in vivo, at least in part through enhancing the insulin-signaling pathway in skeletal muscle...
- Kakita A, Suzuki A, Nishiwaki K, Ono Y, Kotake M, Ariyoshi Y, et al. Stimulation of Na-dependent phosphate transport by platelet-derived growth factor in rat aortic smooth muscle cells. Atherosclerosis. 2004;174:17-24 pubmed..The mechanism responsible for this effect is not mediated by MAP kinase, but involves activation of PKC, PI 3-kinase and S(6) kinase. ..
- Ito A, Asamoto M, Hokaiwado N, Takahashi S, Shirai T. Tbx3 expression is related to apoptosis and cell proliferation in rat bladder both hyperplastic epithelial cells and carcinoma cells. Cancer Lett. 2005;219:105-12 pubmed
- Chen L, Sokabe M. Presynaptic modulation of synaptic transmission by pregnenolone sulfate as studied by optical recordings. J Neurophysiol. 2005;94:4131-44 pubmed
- Ohya S, Kuwata Y, Sakamoto K, Muraki K, Imaizumi Y. Cardioprotective effects of estradiol include the activation of large-conductance Ca(2+)-activated K(+) channels in cardiac mitochondria. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;289:H1635-42 pubmed..BK-beta1 may be an important molecular component that functionally couples with both Cco1 and mitoK(Ca) pore-forming alpha-subunit. ..
- Kawano Y, Yoshimura T, Tsuboi D, Kawabata S, Kaneko Kawano T, Shirataki H, et al. CRMP-2 is involved in kinesin-1-dependent transport of the Sra-1/WAVE1 complex and axon formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9920-35 pubmed..These results suggest that CRMP-2 transports the Sra-1/WAVE1 complex to axons in a kinesin-1-dependent manner and thereby regulates axon outgrowth and formation. ..
- Chikamatsu S, Furuno T, Kinoshita Y, Inoh Y, Hirashima N, Teshima R, et al. Effects of Cot expression on the nuclear translocation of NF-kappaB in RBL-2H3 cells. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:1490-7 pubmed..This finding gives a new insight into the role of Cot in the FcvarepsilonRI-mediated NF-kappaB activation in mast cells. ..
- Sakakima Y, Hayakawa A, Nagasaka T, Nakao A. Prevention of hepatocarcinogenesis with phosphatidylcholine and menaquinone-4: in vitro and in vivo experiments. J Hepatol. 2007;47:83-92 pubmed..Given together, phosphatidylcholine and menaquinone-4 may exhibit synergy against hepatocarcinogenesis conserving hepatic function that could benefit patients at high risk for hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Fujimoto Y, Kitaichi K, Nakayama H, Ito Y, Takagi K, Takagi K, et al. The pharmacokinetic properties of methamphetamine in rats with previous repeated exposure to methamphetamine: the differences between Long-Evans and Wistar rats. Exp Anim. 2007;56:119-29 pubmed
- Yokoyama Y, Kawai T, Kawai S, Kitagawa T, Watanabe K, Kawai K, et al. Up-regulated thromboxane production in the rat liver with biliary obstruction does not contribute to promote hepatic injury. Shock. 2008;29:688-91 pubmed..These results indicated that despite a highly increased production in the liver, TXA2 is not directly related to the hepatic injury in BDL rats. ..
- Kawai N, Futakuchi M, Yoshida T, Ito A, Sato S, Naiki T, et al. Effect of heat therapy using magnetic nanoparticles conjugated with cationic liposomes on prostate tumor in bone. Prostate. 2008;68:784-92 pubmed publisher..If MCL are specifically taken into the prostate cancer cells in the bone microenvironment, this method may be useful for the treatment of bone metastatic lesions of prostate cancer. ..
- Tange S, Ito S, Senga T, Hamaguchi M. Phosphorylation of histone H3 at Ser10: its role in cell transformation by v-Src. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;386:588-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results strongly suggest the importance of MSK1 and H3 phosphorylation in cell transformation by v-Src. ..
- Murakami R, Murakami H, Kataoka H, Cheng X, Takahashi R, Numaguchi Y, et al. Unmetabolized fenofibrate, but not fenofibric acid, activates AMPK and inhibits the expression of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase in hepatocytes. Life Sci. 2010;87:495-500 pubmed publisher..This novel feature of fenofibrate may provide additional benefit for the treatment of patients with disorders of both lipid and glucose metabolism. ..
- Shimizu H, Bolati D, Adijiang A, Adelibieke Y, Muteliefu G, Enomoto A, et al. Indoxyl sulfate downregulates renal expression of Klotho through production of ROS and activation of nuclear factor-?B. Am J Nephrol. 2011;33:319-24 pubmed publisher..Indoxyl sulfate downregulates Klotho expression in kidneys through production of reactive oxygen species and activation of NF-?B in proximal tubular cells. Indoxyl sulfate may be involved in reduced renal expression of Klotho in CKD. ..
- Mizuno M, Kato D, Kanamori T, Toyoda T, Suzuki T, Ojika K, et al. Phosphorylation of collapsin response mediator protein-2 regulates its localization and association with hippocampal cholinergic neurostimulating peptide precursor in the hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2013;535:122-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that HCNP-pp, in association with unphosphorylated and/or pSer522-CRMP-2, plays an important role in presynaptic function in the mature hippocampus. ..
- Ozaki T, Anas C, Maruyama S, Yamamoto T, Yasuda K, Morita Y, et al. Intrarenal administration of recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin ameliorates ischaemic acute renal failure. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2008;23:110-9 pubmed..The present study suggests that RHS-TM would be a useful tool in preventing transplanted kidney damage or treating acute renal failure in the clinical setting. ..
- Fukuta H, Koshita M, Nakamura E, Nakamura H, Yamada A, Kawase Y, et al. Acupuncture modulates mechanical responses of smooth muscle produced by transmural nerve stimulation in gastric antrum of genetically hyperglycemic rats. J Smooth Muscle Res. 2009;45:167-85 pubmed..In genetically hyperglycemic rats, cholinergic responses were enhanced by acupuncture, possibly due to the enhanced cholinergic projections, with no change in the sensitivity of postjunctional muscarinic receptors to ACh. ..
- Hirako Y, Usukura J, Nishizawa Y, Owaribe K. Demonstration of the molecular shape of BP180, a 180-kDa bullous pemphigoid antigen and its potential for trimer formation. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:13739-45 pubmed..In conclusion, the present demonstration of the entire configuration of BP180, with a collagen-like trimer in its extracellular part, suggests that BP180 is one of the major components of anchoring filaments. ..
- Kato K, Takahashi S, Cui L, Toda T, Suzuki S, Futakuchi M, et al. Suppressive effects of dietary genistin and daidzin on rat prostate carcinogenesis. Jpn J Cancer Res. 2000;91:786-91 pubmed..Thus, the present data suggest that genistin and daidzin possess anti-cancer effects at relatively early stages of prostate cancer development, providing experimental support for epidemiological findings. ..
- Ichihashi K, Osawa T, Toyokuni S, Uchida K. Endogenous formation of protein adducts with carcinogenic aldehydes: implications for oxidative stress. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:23903-13 pubmed..These data suggest that the formation of carcinogenic aldehydes during lipid peroxidation may be causally involved in the pathophysiological effects associated with oxidative stress. ..
- Taya S, Inagaki N, Sengiku H, Makino H, Iwamatsu A, Urakawa I, et al. Direct interaction of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor with leukemia-associated RhoGEF. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:809-20 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that IGF-1 activates the Rho/Rho-kinase pathway via a LARG/IGF-1 receptor complex and thereby regulates cytoskeletal rearrangements. ..
- Enomoto A, Takeda M, Shimoda M, Narikawa S, Kobayashi Y, Kobayashi Y, et al. Interaction of human organic anion transporters 2 and 4 with organic anion transport inhibitors. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;301:797-802 pubmed..Comparing the K(i) values with the therapeutically relevant concentrations of unbound inhibitors in the plasma, probenecid alone was predicted to inhibit hOAT4-mediated organic anion transport in vivo. ..
- Suzuki Y, Sato J, Kawanishi M, Mizumura K. Lowered response threshold and increased responsiveness to mechanical stimulation of cutaneous nociceptive fibers in streptozotocin-diabetic rat skin in vitro--correlates of mechanical allodynia and hyperalgesia observed in the early stage of diabete. Neurosci Res. 2002;43:171-8 pubmed..In addition, the response pattern to mechanical stimulation was also changed to a non-adapting type. These findings suggest that changes in CPRs contribute to the enhanced nociception observed in the early stage of diabetic neuropathy. ..
- Fujita E, Farkas I, Campbell W, Baranyi L, Okada H, Okada N. Inactivation of C5a anaphylatoxin by a peptide that is complementary to a region of C5a. J Immunol. 2004;172:6382-7 pubmed..Furthermore, Pep-A administration prevented rats from C5a-mediated rapid lethal shock induced by an Ab to a membrane inhibitor of complement after LPS sensitization. ..
- Sone M, Hayashi H, Tominaga M, Nakashima T. Changes in cochlear blood flow due to endotoxin-induced otitis media. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2004;113:450-4 pubmed..The results showed a functional influence upon CBF by endotoxin-induced otitis media. The significance of prophylactic use of the drug is also discussed in regard to the effect on CBF following otitis media. ..
- Honda M, Imaida K, Tanabe M, Ono H. Endogenously released 5-hydroxytryptamine depresses the spinal monosynaptic reflex via 5-HT1D receptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;503:55-61 pubmed..These results suggest that 5-HT released from serotonergic terminals depresses monosynaptic reflex transmission via 5-HT1D receptors...
- Ono Y, Hattori E, Fukaya Y, Imai S, Ohizumi Y. Anti-obesity effect of Nelumbo nucifera leaves extract in mice and rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006;106:238-44 pubmed..Therefore, NNE impaired digestion, inhibited absorption of lipids and carbohydrates, accelerated lipid metabolism and up-regulated energy expenditure. Consequently, NNE is beneficial for the suppression of obesity...
- Ito J, Kheirollah A, Nagayasu Y, Lu R, Kato K, Yokoyama S. Apolipoprotein A-I increases association of cytosolic cholesterol and caveolin-1 with microtubule cytoskeletons in rat astrocytes. J Neurochem. 2006;97:1034-43 pubmed
- Yasuo S, Watanabe M, Iigo M, Nakamura T, Watanabe T, Takagi T, et al. Differential response of type 2 deiodinase gene expression to photoperiod between photoperiodic Fischer 344 and nonphotoperiodic Wistar rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007;292:R1315-9 pubmed..These results suggest that differential responses of the Dio2 gene to photoperiod may determine the strain-dependent differences in photoperiod sensitivity in laboratory rats. ..
- Ono Y, Fukaya Y, Imai S, Yamakuni T. Beneficial effects of Ajuga decumbens on osteoporosis and arthritis. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:1199-204 pubmed..Therefore, KE improved the balance of bone resorption and bone formation, showing anti-inflammatory effects. Consequently, KE is beneficial for sufferers of bone and joint disease...
- Harada N, Shimozawa N, Okajima K. AT(1) receptor blockers increase insulin-like growth factor-I production by stimulating sensory neurons in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Transl Res. 2009;154:142-52 pubmed publisher..These activities of ARBs might at least partly explain their therapeutic effects in areas such as improving insulin resistance in patients with diabetes and hypertension...
- Yamamoto M, Endo N, Ito M, Okui N, Koh S, Kaneko H, et al. Novel polysaccharide-derived hydrogel prevents perineural adhesions in a rat model of sciatic nerve adhesion. J Orthop Res. 2010;28:284-8 pubmed publisher..Low-viscosity CMC-PE hydrogel appears to prevent perineural adhesions and allow early restoration of nerve function. ..
- Sumida A, Horiba M, Ishiguro H, Takenaka H, Ueda N, Ooboshi H, et al. Midkine gene transfer after myocardial infarction in rats prevents remodelling and ameliorates cardiac dysfunction. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;86:113-21 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of MK prevents LV remodelling and ameliorates LV dysfunction by anti-apoptotic and pro-angiogenic effects. MK gene transfer may provide a new therapeutic modality in ischemic cardiomyopathy and ischemic heart failure. ..
- Hu Q, Akatsuka S, Yamashita Y, Ohara H, Nagai H, Okazaki Y, et al. Homozygous deletion of CDKN2A/2B is a hallmark of iron-induced high-grade rat mesothelioma. Lab Invest. 2010;90:360-73 pubmed publisher..These results not only show two distinct molecular pathways for iron-induced peritoneal mesothelioma, but also support the hypothesis that oxidative stress by iron overload is a major cause of CDKN2A/2B homozygous deletion. ..
- Suzuki Y, Ito Y, Mizuno M, Kinashi H, Sawai A, Noda Y, et al. Transforming growth factor-? induces vascular endothelial growth factor-C expression leading to lymphangiogenesis in rat unilateral ureteral obstruction. Kidney Int. 2012;81:865-79 pubmed publisher..Thus, TGF-?1 induces VEGF-C expression, which leads to lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Yasuda K, Ozaki T, Saka Y, Yamamoto T, Gotoh M, Ito Y, et al. Autologous cell therapy for cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury by using non-expanded adipose tissue-derived cells. Cytotherapy. 2012;14:1089-100 pubmed publisher..Administration of human SVF may be clinically applicable and useful as a novel autologous cell therapy against kidney diseases. ..
- Iwatsuki K, Arai T, Ota H, Kato S, Natsume T, Kurimoto S, et al. Targeting anti-inflammatory treatment can ameliorate injury-induced neuropathic pain. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57721 pubmed publisher..Etanercept does not impede the onset or progression of Wallerian degeneration, but optimizes the involvement of macrophages and the secretion of inflammatory mediators. ..
- Okumura M, Takahashi T, Shibata H, Maki M. Mammalian ESCRT-III-related protein IST1 has a distinctive met-pro repeat sequence that is essential for interaction with ALG-2 in the presence of Ca2+. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2013;77:1049-54 pubmed
- Tomura T, Nagashima S, Yamazaki S, Iizuka T, Fudou R, Ojika M. An Unusual Diterpene-Enhygromic Acid and Deoxyenhygrolides from a Marine Myxobacterium, Enhygromyxa sp. Mar Drugs. 2017;15: pubmed publisher..Compound 1 exhibited cytotoxicity against B16 melanoma cells and anti-bacterial activity against Bacillus subtilis, and enhanced the NGF-induced neurite outgrowth of PC12 cells. ..
- Shimizu M, Murakami Y, Suto F, Fujisawa H. Determination of cell adhesion sites of neuropilin-1. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:1283-93 pubmed..In addition, we demonstrated that the cell adhesion ligands for neuropilin-1 were proteins and distributed in embryonic mesenchymal cells but distinct from the class 3 semaphorins, VEGF, or plexins. ..
- Ishida Y, Ugawa S, Ueda T, Murakami S, Shimada S. Vanilloid receptor subtype-1 (VR1) is specifically localized to taste papillae. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;107:17-22 pubmed
- Kawamura Sato K, Hirama Y, Agata N, Ito H, Torii K, Takeno A, et al. Quantitative analysis of cereulide, an emetic toxin of Bacillus cereus, by using rat liver mitochondria. Microbiol Immunol. 2005;49:25-30 pubmed..The enterotoxin of B. cereus or Staphylococcus aureus did not show any effect on the oxygen consumption, indicating this method is specific for the identification of cereulide as a causative agent of emetic food poisonings. ..
- Sobue S, Hagiwara K, Banno Y, Tamiya Koizumi K, Suzuki M, Takagi A, et al. Transcription factor specificity protein 1 (Sp1) is the main regulator of nerve growth factor-induced sphingosine kinase 1 gene expression of the rat pheochromocytoma cell line, PC12. J Neurochem. 2005;95:940-9 pubmed..These results suggest the signal transduction pathway from NGF receptor TrkA to transcription factor Sp1 protein binding to the promoter Sp1-like motif in NGF-induced rat SPHK1 gene expression. ..
- Harada N, Okajima K. Effect of capsaicin on plasma and tissue levels of insulin-like growth factor-I in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2008;18:75-81 pubmed..Sensory neuron activation might be lower in SHR than in WKY probably due to decreased production of cAMP in sensory neurons, explaining why IGF-I levels in plasma and tissues are lower in SHR than in WKY. ..
- Hori K, Ozaki N, Suzuki S, Sugiura Y. Upregulations of P2X(3) and ASIC3 involve in hyperalgesia induced by cisplatin administration in rats. Pain. 2010;149:393-405 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, cisplatin treatment also induced muscle hyperalgesia in muscle afferent neurons in connection with the upregulation of P2X(3) and ASIC3. ..
- Ohya S, Niwa S, Kojima Y, Sasaki S, Sakuragi M, Kohri K, et al. Intermediate-conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channel, KCa3.1, as a novel therapeutic target for benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011;338:528-36 pubmed publisher..Moreover, significant levels of K(Ca)3.1 expression were observed in human BPH samples. K(Ca)3.1 blockers may be a novel treatment option for patients suffering from BPH. ..
- Nakamuta S, Funahashi Y, Namba T, Arimura N, Picciotto M, Tokumitsu H, et al. Local application of neurotrophins specifies axons through inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate, calcium, and Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinases. Sci Signal. 2011;4:ra76 pubmed publisher..These results identify a role for IP(3)-Ca(2+)-CaMKK signaling in axon specification. ..
- Hattori T, Murase T, Iwase E, Takahashi K, Ohtake M, Tsuboi K, et al. Glucocorticoid-induced hypertension and cardiac injury: effects of mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptor antagonism. Nagoya J Med Sci. 2013;75:81-92 pubmed..Our results implicate MRs in the cardiac fibrosis and diastolic dysfunction, but not MRs or GRs in the cardiac atrophy, induced by corticosterone. Neither MRs nor GRs appear to contribute to corticosterone-induced hypertension. ..
- Takagishi Y, Yasui K, Severs N, Murata Y. Species-specific difference in distribution of voltage-gated L-type Ca(2+) channels of cardiac myocytes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2000;279:C1963-9 pubmed..The findings are consistent with the idea that influx of Ca(2+) via surface sarcolemmal Ca(2+) channels contributes to intracellular Ca(2+) to a greater degree in rabbit than in rat myocytes...
- Ohya S, Tanaka M, Oku T, Furuyama T, Mori N, Giles W, et al. Regional expression of the splice variants of Kv4.3 in rat brain and effects of C-terminus deletion on expressed K+ currents. Life Sci. 2001;68:1703-16 pubmed..Surprisingly, however, neither the rate of inactivation nor voltage dependence of the activation and inactivation were changed. ..
- Nakamura K, Yamasaki M, Nishigaki N, Iwama A, Imaizumi I, Nakamura H, et al. Effect of methotrexate-induced neutropenia on pulpal inflammation in rats. J Endod. 2002;28:287-90 pubmed..Immunohistochemically, the neutropenia resulted in inhibition of the infiltration by neutrophils. These results suggest that the neutrophil plays an important role in the defense against bacteria in pulpal tissue. ..
- Ugawa S, Yamamoto T, Ueda T, Ishida Y, Inagaki A, Nishigaki M, et al. Amiloride-insensitive currents of the acid-sensing ion channel-2a (ASIC2a)/ASIC2b heteromeric sour-taste receptor channel. J Neurosci. 2003;23:3616-22 pubmed..0. These findings provide persuasive explanations for the amiloride insensitivity of acid-induced responses of rat taste cells. ..
- Shimizu H, Maruyama S, Yuzawa Y, Kato T, Miki Y, Suzuki S, et al. Anti-monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 gene therapy attenuates renal injury induced by protein-overload proteinuria. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14:1496-505 pubmed..The fact that 7ND gene therapy had little effect on the contralateral kidney indicates that 7ND acted locally. This strategy may have a potential usefulness as a gene therapy against tubulointerstitial renal injury. ..
- Fujii K, Sakuragawa T, Kashiba M, Sugiura Y, Kondo M, Maruyama K, et al. Hydrogen sulfide as an endogenous modulator of biliary bicarbonate excretion in the rat liver. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2005;7:788-94 pubmed..These results first provided evidence that H(2)S generated through CSE modulates biliary bicarbonate excretion and is thus a determinant of bile salt-independent bile formation in the rat liver. ..
- Ohta K, Inoue K, Hayashi Y, Yuasa H. Molecular identification and functional characterization of rat multidrug and toxin extrusion type transporter 1 as an organic cation/H+ antiporter in the kidney. Drug Metab Dispos. 2006;34:1868-74 pubmed
- Urakawa S, Hida H, Masuda T, Misumi S, Kim T, Nishino H. Environmental enrichment brings a beneficial effect on beam walking and enhances the migration of doublecortin-positive cells following striatal lesions in rats. Neuroscience. 2007;144:920-33 pubmed..These data suggest that environmental enrichment improves motor performance on beam walking and enhances neuronal migration toward a lesion area in the striatum. ..
- Takagishi Y, Murata Y. Myosin Va mutation in rats is an animal model for the human hereditary neurological disease, Griscelli syndrome type 1. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1086:66-80 pubmed..They also contribute to our understanding of the neurological disease mechanisms of the human hereditary disease Griscelli syndrome type 1, which is caused by mutation of the Myo5a gene. ..
- Tanaka R, Muraki K, Ohya S, Yamamura H, Hatano N, Itoh Y, et al. TRPV4-like non-selective cation currents in cultured aortic myocytes. J Pharmacol Sci. 2008;108:179-89 pubmed..These results provide a strong basis for our proposal that endogenous TRPV4 functions as an important regulator of Ca(2+)(i) in vascular myocytes under some physiological and pathophysiological conditions. ..
- Mutsuga M, Narita Y, Yamawaki A, Satake M, Kaneko H, Usui A, et al. Development of novel drug-eluting biodegradable nano-fiber for prevention of postoperative pulmonary venous obstruction. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2009;8:402-6; discussion 406-7 pubmed publisher..The TEBN reduced intimal hyperplasia and preserved endothelialization even in a venous stricture. These results suggested that this strategy might be useful for prevention of recurrent PVO after TAPVC correction. ..
- Hatano N, Itoh Y, Muraki K. Cardiac fibroblasts have functional TRPV4 activated by 4alpha-phorbol 12,13-didecanoate. Life Sci. 2009;85:808-14 pubmed publisher..These results provide strong evidence that endogenous TRPV4 functions as an important regulator of [Ca(2+)](i) in CFs. ..
- Maruyama S, Shibata R, Ohashi K, Ohashi T, Daida H, Walsh K, et al. Adiponectin ameliorates doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity through Akt protein-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32790-800 pubmed publisher..These data show that adiponectin protects against DOX-induced cardiotoxicity by its ability to promote Akt signaling. ..
- Shigeta T, Aoyama M, Bando Y, Monji A, Mitsui T, Takatsu M, et al. Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 modulates left ventricular dysfunction in chronic heart failure via angiogenesis-dependent and -independent actions. Circulation. 2012;126:1838-51 pubmed publisher..Myocardium-derived DPP4 activity in coronary sinus can be monitored by peripheral vein sampling, which partly correlates with DHF index; thus, circulating DPP4 may potentially serve as a biomarker for monitoring DHF. ..
- Matsui H, Yamasaki M, Nakata K, Amano K, Nakamura H. Expression of MMP-8 and MMP-13 in the development of periradicular lesions. Int Endod J. 2011;44:739-45 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that MMP-13 increased from an early stage during their development and that MMP-8 is involved in the progression of tissue destruction including bone resorption. ..
- Muramoto A, Imagama S, Natori T, Wakao N, Ando K, Tauchi R, et al. Midkine overcomes neurite outgrowth inhibition of chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan without glial activation and promotes functional recovery after spinal cord injury. Neurosci Lett. 2013;550:150-5 pubmed publisher..Rats treated with MK showed significantly better functional recovery after 5 weeks. These results suggest that MK may offer a potent alternative for the treatment of neuronal injuries without activating glial cells. ..
- Torii A, Miyake M, Morishita M, Ito K, Torii S, Sakamoto T. Vitamin A reduces lung granulomatous inflammation with eosinophilic and neutrophilic infiltration in Sephadex-treated rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;497:335-42 pubmed..Vitamin A may inhibit Sephadex-induced lung granulomatous formation, and eosinophilic and neutrophilic infiltration due to its suppression of TNF-alpha and eotaxin production, and NF-kappaB activation...
- Ohara K, Aoyama M, Fujita M, Sobue K, Asai K. Prolonged exposure to ammonia increases extracellular glutamate in cultured rat astrocytes. Neurosci Lett. 2009;462:109-12 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the deregulation of glutamate release from astrocytes may contribute to the dysfunction of glutamatergic neurons in patients with acute liver failure (ALF). ..