Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phylogeny in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Dan I, Watanabe N, Kobayashi T, Yamashita Suzuki K, Fukagaya Y, Kajikawa E, et al. Molecular cloning of MINK, a novel member of mammalian GCK family kinases, which is up-regulated during postnatal mouse cerebral development. FEBS Lett. 2000;469:19-23 pubmed..The expression of MINK is up-regulated during the postnatal development of the mouse brain. MINK activates the cJun N-terminal kinase and the p38 pathways. ..
- Hamada A, Hibino T, Nakamura T, Takabe T. Na+/H+ antiporter from Synechocystis species PCC 6803, homologous to SOS1, contains an aspartic residue and long C-terminal tail important for the carrier activity. Plant Physiol. 2001;125:437-46 pubmed..Thus, it appeared that the SynNhaP would provide a model system for the study of structural and functional properties of eucaryotic Na(+)/H(+) antiporters. ..
- Ito M, Yamashita T, Tsuzuki H, Takeda N, Sakae K. Isolation and identification of a novel human parechovirus. J Gen Virol. 2004;85:391-8 pubmed..These observations indicate that A308/99 is genetically close to, but serologically and genetically distinct from, HPeV-1 and HPeV-2 and accordingly can be classified as third serotype of human parechovirus. ..
- Oba Y, Ojika M, Inouye S. Characterization of CG6178 gene product with high sequence similarity to firefly luciferase in Drosophila melanogaster. Gene. 2004;329:137-45 pubmed..Further, phylogenic analyses strongly suggest that the firefly luciferase gene may have evolved from a fatty acyl-CoA synthetase gene as a common ancestral gene. ..
- Sasakura H, Inada H, Kuhara A, Fusaoka E, Takemoto D, Takeuchi K, et al. Maintenance of neuronal positions in organized ganglia by SAX-7, a Caenorhabditis elegans homologue of L1. EMBO J. 2005;24:1477-88 pubmed..We propose that both homophilic and heterophilic interactions of SAX-7 are essential for maintenance of neuronal positions in organized ganglia. ..
- Yamashita T, Ito M, Taniguchi A, Sakae K. Prevalence of coxsackievirus A5, A6, and A10 in patients with herpangina in Aichi Prefecture, 2005. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2005;58:390-1 pubmed
- Suzuki D, Murata Y, Oda S. Cloning of putative uncoupling protein 1 cDNA in a cold-intolerant mammal, the house musk shrew (Suncus murinus). Zoolog Sci. 2006;23:1009-15 pubmed..These results suggest that cold intolerance in the suncus is derived from low thermogenic activity of UCP1 and may exist in wild house musk shrews. ..
- Funada M, Hara H, Sasagawa H, Kitagawa Y, Kadowaki T. A honey bee Dscam family member, AbsCAM, is a brain-specific cell adhesion molecule with the neurite outgrowth activity which influences neuronal wiring during development. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:168-80 pubmed..These results thus suggest that AbsCAM is the first honey bee IgSF implicated as functioning in neuronal wiring during honey bee brain development. ..
- Osumi N, Kakehashi Y, Matsumoto S, Nagaoka K, Sakai J, Miyashita K, et al. Identification of the gene for disaggregatase from Methanosarcina mazei. Archaea. 2008;2:185-91 pubmed..mazei LYC and indicated that the gene was expressed in vivo. This is the first time the gene involved in the morphological change of Methanosarcina spp. from aggregate to single cells has been identified. ..
- Fujiu K, Nakayama Y, Yanagisawa A, Sokabe M, Yoshimura K. Chlamydomonas CAV2 encodes a voltage- dependent calcium channel required for the flagellar waveform conversion. Curr Biol. 2009;19:133-9 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that the Ca(2+) influx of Chlamydomonas flagella is mediated by the VDCC, CAV2, whose distribution is biased to the distal region of the flagellum. ..
- Oba Y, Furuhashi M, Inouye S. Identification of a functional luciferase gene in the non-luminous diurnal firefly, Lucidina biplagiata. Insect Mol Biol. 2010;19:737-43 pubmed publisher..cruciata. As previously reported, the content of luciferin in L. biplagiata was less than 0.1% of that in L. cruciata. Thus, the non-luminosity of L. biplagiata might be explained by low levels of both luciferase and luciferin. ..
- Nakamura N, Kobayashi S, Minagawa H, Matsushita T, Sugiura W, Iwatani Y. Molecular epidemiology of enteric viruses in patients with acute gastroenteritis in Aichi prefecture, Japan, 2008/09-2013/14. J Med Virol. 2016;88:1180-6 pubmed publisher..6%), HAstV-8 (16.1%), and HAstV-3 (3.2%). These results show that NoV GII was the leading cause of sporadic acute viral gastroenteritis, although a variety of enteric viruses were detected during the six-season surveillance period. ..
- Inoue K, Nomura Y, Kandori H. Asymmetric Functional Conversion of Eubacterial Light-driven Ion Pumps. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9883-93 pubmed publisher..By contrast, the gain of a new function needs accumulation of multiple mutations, which may not be easily reproduced by limited mutagenesis in vitro. ..
- Katoh K, Shibata H, Suzuki H, Nara A, Ishidoh K, Kominami E, et al. The ALG-2-interacting protein Alix associates with CHMP4b, a human homologue of yeast Snf7 that is involved in multivesicular body sorting. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:39104-13 pubmed..These results suggest that CHMP4b and Alix participate in formation of multivesicular bodies by cooperating with SKD1. ..
- Yamashita T, Ito M, Kabashima Y, Tsuzuki H, Fujiura A, Sakae K. Isolation and characterization of a new species of kobuvirus associated with cattle. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:3069-77 pubmed publisher..7 %) of 72 faecal samples from cattle by RT-PCR. These results indicated that U-1 strain, suspected to be a contaminant from calf sera, is a new species of the genus Kobuvirus, now termed bovine kobuvirus...
- Suzuki T, Hashimoto T, Yabu Y, Kido Y, Sakamoto K, Nihei C, et al. Direct evidence for cyanide-insensitive quinol oxidase (alternative oxidase) in apicomplexan parasite Cryptosporidium parvum: phylogenetic and therapeutic implications. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:1044-52 pubmed..The recombinant enzyme expressed in Escherichia coli showed quinol oxidase activity. This activity was insensitive to cyanide and highly sensitive to ascofuranone, a specific inhibitor of trypanosome AOX. ..
- Gomi K, Sasaki A, Itoh H, Ueguchi Tanaka M, Ashikari M, Kitano H, et al. GID2, an F-box subunit of the SCF E3 complex, specifically interacts with phosphorylated SLR1 protein and regulates the gibberellin-dependent degradation of SLR1 in rice. Plant J. 2004;37:626-34 pubmed..Taken these results together, we conclude that the phosphorylated SLR1 is caught by the SCFGID2 complex through an interacting affinity between GID2 and phosphorylated SLR1, triggering the ubiquitin-mediated degradation of SLR1. ..
- Amer S, Kumazawa Y. Mitochondrial genome of Pogona vitticepes (Reptilia; Agamidae): control region duplication and the origin of Australasian agamids. Gene. 2005;346:249-56 pubmed publisher..Our finding thus supports the recent dispersal origin of Australasian agamids in connection with plate tectonic movement of Australia to the proximity of Southeast Asia...
- Fusaoka E, Inoue T, Mineta K, Agata K, Takeuchi K. Structure and function of primitive immunoglobulin superfamily neural cell adhesion molecules: a lesson from studies on planarian. Genes Cells. 2006;11:541-55 pubmed..Functional analyses using RNA interference revealed that DjCAM is partly involved in axon formation, and that DjDSCAM plays crucial roles in neuronal cell migration, axon outgrowth, fasciculation and projection. ..
- Yamazaki S, Nomata J, Fujita Y. Differential operation of dual protochlorophyllide reductases for chlorophyll biosynthesis in response to environmental oxygen levels in the cyanobacterium Leptolyngbya boryana. Plant Physiol. 2006;142:911-22 pubmed..The evolutionary implications of the coexistence of two Pchlide reductases are discussed. ..
- Kurachi M, Chau B, Dang V, Dorji T, Yamamoto Y, Nyunt M, et al. Population structure of wild musk shrews (Suncus murinus) in Asia based on mitochondrial DNA variation, with research in Cambodia and Bhutan. Biochem Genet. 2007;45:165-83 pubmed..In addition, other contact areas between the South and Southeast Asian groups exist in Myanmar, but unlike the Malay, the Myanmar area was the border of these groups. ..
- Masada S, Terasaka K, Mizukami H. A single amino acid in the PSPG-box plays an important role in the catalytic function of CaUGT2 (Curcumin glucosyltransferase), a Group D Family 1 glucosyltransferase from Catharanthus roseus. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:2605-10 pubmed..Further site-directed mutagenesis revealed that the size of the amino acid side-chain in that particular site is critical to the catalytic activity of CaUGT2. ..
- Elkady A, Tanaka Y, Kurbanov F, Oynsuren T, Mizokami M. Virological and clinical implication of core promoter C1752/V1753 and T1764/G1766 mutations in hepatitis B virus genotype D infection in Mongolia. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008;23:474-81 pubmed publisher..The aim of the present study was to reveal virological and clinical features of hepatitis B virus (HBV) genotype D infection...
- Okamoto N, Yamanaka N, Satake H, Saegusa H, Kataoka H, Mizoguchi A. An ecdysteroid-inducible insulin-like growth factor-like peptide regulates adult development of the silkmoth Bombyx mori. FEBS J. 2009;276:1221-32 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that the known effects of ecdysteroid on insect adult development may be in part mediated by IGF-like peptides...
- Nagatoshi M, Terasaka K, Owaki M, Sota M, Inukai T, Nagatsu A, et al. UGT75L6 and UGT94E5 mediate sequential glucosylation of crocetin to crocin in Gardenia jasminoides. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1055-61 pubmed publisher..The expression pattern of neither UGT75L6 nor UGT94E5 correlated with the pattern of crocin accumulation in G. jasminoides...
- Negishi T, Oshima K, Hattori M, Kanai M, Mano S, Nishimura M, et al. Tonoplast- and plasma membrane-localized aquaporin-family transporters in blue hydrangea sepals of aluminum hyperaccumulating plant. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43189 pubmed publisher..The overexpression of VALT and PALT1 in Arabidopsis thaliana conferred Al-tolerance and Al-sensitivity, respectively...
- Matsukawa M, Shibata Y, Ohtsu M, Mizutani A, Mori H, Wang P, et al. Nicotiana benthamiana calreticulin 3a is required for the ethylene-mediated production of phytoalexins and disease resistance against oomycete pathogen Phytophthora infestans. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2013;26:880-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, NbCRT3a is required for the initiation of resistance reactions of N. benthamiana in response to elicitor molecules derived from P. infestans. ..
- Nakamichi N, Murakami Kojima M, Sato E, Kishi Y, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. Compilation and characterization of a novel WNK family of protein kinases in Arabiodpsis thaliana with reference to circadian rhythms. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66:2429-36 pubmed..These results suggested that certain members of the WNK family of protein kinases might play roles in a mechanism that generates circadian rhythms in Arabidopsis. ..
- Lu R, Niida H, Nakanishi M. Human SAD1 kinase is involved in UV-induced DNA damage checkpoint function. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:31164-70 pubmed..The identification of this new kinase suggests the existence of an alternative checkpoint pathway other than those of ATR-Chk1 and p38MAPK. ..
- Kumagai T, Ito S, Nakamichi N, Niwa Y, Murakami M, Yamashino T, et al. The common function of a novel subfamily of B-Box zinc finger proteins with reference to circadian-associated events in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:1539-49 pubmed
- Hirano K, Aya K, Kondo M, Okuno A, Morinaka Y, Matsuoka M. OsCAD2 is the major CAD gene responsible for monolignol biosynthesis in rice culm. Plant Cell Rep. 2012;31:91-101 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that OsCAD2 is largely responsible for monolignol biosynthesis in rice, which is similar to that indicated for the predominant role of other plant bona fide CAD protein to monolignol biosynthesis...
- Li Z, Suzuki D, Zhang C, Yoshida N, Yang S, Katayama A. Involvement of Dehalobacter strains in the anaerobic dechlorination of 2,4,6-trichlorophenol. J Biosci Bioeng. 2013;116:602-9 pubmed publisher..The study was significant as the first report to demonstrate the involvement of Dehalobacter in the reductive dehalogenation of both halogenated aromatic and aliphatic compounds. ..
- Kimura T, Nagao Y, Hashimoto H, Yamamoto Shiraishi Y, Yamamoto S, Yabe T, et al. Leucophores are similar to xanthophores in their specification and differentiation processes in medaka. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:7343-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide clues for revealing diverse evolutionary mechanisms of pigment cell formation in animals. ..
- Ikehara Y, Shimizu N, Kono M, Nishihara S, Nakanishi H, Kitamura T, et al. A novel glycosyltransferase with a polyglutamine repeat; a new candidate for GD1alpha synthase (ST6GalNAc V)(1). FEBS Lett. 1999;463:92-6 pubmed..Interestingly, the polyglutamine repeat number was different from that of inbred mice. We report the first glycosyltransferase with a polymorphic polyglutamine repeat. ..
- Murakami Kojima M, Nakamichi N, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. The APRR3 component of the clock-associated APRR1/TOC1 quintet is phosphorylated by a novel protein kinase belonging to the WNK family, the gene for which is also transcribed rhythmically in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:675-83 pubmed..thaliana, providing a molecular link between the putative clock component, APRR3, and WNK1, a novel protein kinase that might be implicated as a signal transducer. ..
- Tanizawa Y, Kuhara A, Inada H, Kodama E, Mizuno T, Mori I. Inositol monophosphatase regulates localization of synaptic components and behavior in the mature nervous system of C. elegans. Genes Dev. 2006;20:3296-310 pubmed..These results suggest that IMPase is required in central interneurons of the mature nervous system for correct localization of synaptic components and thus for normal behavior. ..
- Haga N, Kato K, Murase M, Araki S, Kubo M, Demura T, et al. R1R2R3-Myb proteins positively regulate cytokinesis through activation of KNOLLE transcription in Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 2007;134:1101-10 pubmed..Our results suggest that a pair of structurally related R1R2R3-Myb transcription factors may positively regulate cytokinesis mainly through transcriptional activation of the KN gene. ..
- Jia Z, Ishihara R, Nakajima Y, Asakawa S, Kimura M. Molecular characterization of T4-type bacteriophages in a rice field. Environ Microbiol. 2007;9:1091-6 pubmed
- Kojima Y, Toki T, Morimoto T, Yoshiyama M, Kimura K, Kadowaki T. Infestation of Japanese native honey bees by tracheal mite and virus from non-native European honey bees in Japan. Microb Ecol. 2011;62:895-906 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the infestation of native honey bees by parasite and pathogens of non-native honey bees that are traded globally...
- Iwakawa H, Ueno Y, Semiarti E, Onouchi H, Kojima S, Tsukaya H, et al. The ASYMMETRIC LEAVES2 gene of Arabidopsis thaliana, required for formation of a symmetric flat leaf lamina, encodes a member of a novel family of proteins characterized by cysteine repeats and a leucine zipper. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:467-78 pubmed
- Taniguchi Y, Nagasaki J, Kawasaki M, Miyake H, Sugiyama T, Taniguchi M. Differentiation of dicarboxylate transporters in mesophyll and bundle sheath chloroplasts of maize. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:187-200 pubmed..These findings suggest that ZmpOMT1 participates in the import of oxaloacetate into MC chloroplasts in exchange for stromal malate. In BSC chloroplasts, ZmpDCT2 and/or ZmpDCT3 were expected to import malate that is transported from MC...
- Matsumoto M, Sakae K, Hashikawa S, Torii K, Hasegawa T, Horii T, et al. Close correlation of streptococcal DNase B (sdaB) alleles with emm genotypes in Streptococcus pyogenes. Microbiol Immunol. 2005;49:925-9 pubmed..The distribution of each allele was generally emm genotype-specific. Only sdaB7 was found in both emm2 and emm4. The promoter region was highly conserved and DNase B protein was similarly expressed in all alleles. ..
- Sagegami Oba R, Takahashi N, Oba Y. The evolutionary process of bioluminescence and aposematism in cantharoid beetles (Coleoptera: Elateroidea) inferred by the analysis of 18S ribosomal DNA. Gene. 2007;400:104-13 pubmed
- Murase J, Kawasaki M, De Jonckheere J. Isolation of a new heterolobosean amoeba from a rice field soil: Vrihiamoeba italica gen. nov., sp. nov. Eur J Protistol. 2010;46:164-70 pubmed publisher..The results show that the strain 6_5F is distinct from Stachyamoeba spp. and we propose a new genus and species for this isolate, Vrihiamoeba italica gen. nov., sp. nov...
- Li X, Sato T, Ooiwa Y, Kusumi A, Gu J, Katayama Y. Oxidation of elemental sulfur by Fusarium solani strain THIF01 harboring endobacterium Bradyrhizobium sp. Microb Ecol. 2010;60:96-104 pubmed publisher..0%) nor pH decrease was observed without the supplement of elemental sulfur. Strain THIF01 could also degrade 30 ppmv and ambient level (approximate 500 pptv) of carbonyl sulfide...
- Kansaku N, Shimada K, Ohkubo T, Saito N, Suzuki T, Matsuda Y, et al. Molecular cloning of chicken vasoactive intestinal polypeptide receptor complementary DNA, tissue distribution and chromosomal localization. Biol Reprod. 2001;64:1575-81 pubmed..Chicken VIPR shows high homology with mammalian type I VIPR but, in some part, possesses similarity of amino acid sequence. Expression of VIPR in various tissues supports diverse functions for VIP in the chicken. ..
- Ichikawa K, Sugita M, Imaizumi T, Wada M, Aoki S. Differential expression on a daily basis of plastid sigma factor genes from the moss Physcomitrella patens. Regulatory interactions among PpSig5, the circadian clock, and blue light signaling mediated by cryptochromes. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:4285-98 pubmed
- Hirano T, Ito A, Berberich T, Terauchi R, Saitoh H. Virus-induced gene silencing of 14-3-3 genes abrogates dark repression of nitrate reductase activity in Nicotiana benthamiana. Mol Genet Genomics. 2007;278:125-33 pubmed..This result suggests that Nb14-3-3a and/or Nb14-3-3b proteins are indeed involved in the inactivation of NR activity under darkness in N. benthamiana. ..
- Khan A, Kurbanov F, Tanaka Y, Elkady A, Sugiyama M, Dustov A, et al. Epidemiological and clinical evaluation of hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and delta hepatitis viruses in Tajikistan. J Med Virol. 2008;80:268-76 pubmed..0004). This is the first study on the molecular epidemiology of hepatitis viruses among chronic liver diseases patients in Tajikistan. Among HBV-infected patients, the T1762/A1764 mutation was associated with liver cirrhosis/HCC...
- Matsuno M, Nagatsu A, Ogihara Y, Ellis B, Mizukami H. CYP98A6 from Lithospermum erythrorhizon encodes 4-coumaroyl-4'-hydroxyphenyllactic acid 3-hydroxylase involved in rosmarinic acid biosynthesis. FEBS Lett. 2002;514:219-24 pubmed..erythrorhizon cells, and its expression pattern reflected the elicitor-induced change in rosmarinic acid production, indicating that CYP98A6 plays an important role in regulation of rosmarinic acid biosynthesis...
- Guo L, Oshida Y, Fuku N, Takeyasu T, Fujita Y, Kurata M, et al. Mitochondrial genome polymorphisms associated with type-2 diabetes or obesity. Mitochondrion. 2005;5:15-33 pubmed..These results suggest that distinct mtSNPs contribute to susceptibility to type-2 diabetes or obesity, pointing out the necessity of large-scale case control studies. ..
- Tatematsu K, Tanaka Y, Kurbanov F, Sugauchi F, Mano S, Maeshiro T, et al. A genetic variant of hepatitis B virus divergent from known human and ape genotypes isolated from a Japanese patient and provisionally assigned to new genotype J. J Virol. 2009;83:10538-47 pubmed publisher..Since HBV/J is positioned phylogenetically in between human and ape genotypes, it may help to trace the origin of HBV and merits further epidemiological surveys...
- Matsuura H, Sokabe T, Kohno K, Tominaga M, Kadowaki T. Evolutionary conservation and changes in insect TRP channels. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:228 pubmed publisher..In particular, the evolutionary processes have been accelerated in the TRPA subfamily, indicating divergence in the mechanisms that insects use to detect environmental temperatures. ..
- Tomikawa J, Homma T, Tajima S, Shibata T, Inamoto Y, Takase K, et al. Molecular characterization and estrogen regulation of hypothalamic KISS1 gene in the pig. Biol Reprod. 2010;82:313-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of identification of porcine KISS1 gene and of estrogen regulation of KISS1 expression in the porcine brain, which may be helpful for better understanding of the role of kisspeptin in reproduction of the pig. ..
- Inoue N, Sasagawa K, Ikai K, Sasaki Y, Tomikawa J, Oishi S, et al. Kisspeptin neurons mediate reflex ovulation in the musk shrew (Suncus murinus). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:17527-32 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that kisspeptin-GPR54 signaling plays a role in the induction of ovulation in the musk shrew, a reflex ovulator, as it does in spontaneous ovulators. ..
- Ozawa T, Hayashi S, Mikhelson V. Phylogenetic position of mammoth and Steller's sea cow within Tethytheria demonstrated by mitochondrial DNA sequences. J Mol Evol. 1997;44:406-13 pubmed
- Hamaguchi A, Yamashino T, Koizumi N, Kiba T, Kojima M, Sakakibara H, et al. A small subfamily of Arabidopsis RADIALIS-LIKE SANT/MYB genes: a link to HOOKLESS1-mediated signal transduction during early morphogenesis. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:2687-96 pubmed..These results are discussed in the context of the possibility that RSM1 is implicated in HLS1-mediated auxin signaling, which is responsible for regulation of the early photomorphogenesis of Arabidopsis thaliana. ..
- Yoshida N, Ye L, Baba D, Katayama A. A novel Dehalobacter species is involved in extensive 4,5,6,7-tetrachlorophthalide dechlorination. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75:2400-5 pubmed publisher..Dehalobacter restrictus TEA is their closest relative, with 97.5% and 97.3% 16S rRNA gene similarities to FTH1 and FTH2, respectively. ..
- Khan A, Tanaka Y, Kurbanov F, Elkady A, Abbas Z, Azam Z, et al. Investigating an outbreak of acute viral hepatitis caused by hepatitis E virus variants in Karachi, South Pakistan. J Med Virol. 2011;83:622-9 pubmed publisher..This study cautions that the dissemination of the variant strains to other areas of Pakistan may lead to explosive HEV outbreaks. ..
- Okumura M, Takahashi K, Inoue S, Kinoshita T. Evolutionary appearance of the plasma membrane H (+) -ATPase containing a penultimate threonine in the bryophyte. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:979-82 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest the pT H (+) -ATPase most likely appeared for the first time in bryophyte. ..
- Kono M, Sugiura K, Suganuma M, Hayashi M, Takama H, Suzuki T, et al. Whole-exome sequencing identifies ADAM10 mutations as a cause of reticulate acropigmentation of Kitamura, a clinical entity distinct from Dowling-Degos disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:3524-33 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that mutations in ADAM10 are a cause of RAK and that RAK is an independent clinical entity distinct from DDD. ..
- Session A, Uno Y, Kwon T, Chapman J, Toyoda A, Takahashi S, et al. Genome evolution in the allotetraploid frog Xenopus laevis. Nature. 2016;538:336-343 pubmed publisher..The subgenomes have evolved asymmetrically, with one chromosome set more often preserving the ancestral state and the other experiencing more gene loss, deletion, rearrangement, and reduced gene expression. ..
- Kawamura M, Ito S, Nakamichi N, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. The function of the clock-associated transcriptional regulator CCA1 (CIRCADIAN CLOCK-ASSOCIATED 1) in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:1307-16 pubmed
- Ogiso T, Ueno C, Dianou D, Huy T, Katayama A, Kimura M, et al. Methylomonas koyamae sp. nov., a type I methane-oxidizing bacterium from floodwater of a rice paddy field. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2012;62:1832-7 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is Fw12E-Y(T) (?=?JCM 16701(T)?=?NBRC 105905(T)?=?NCIMB 14606(T))...
- Okumura M, Inoue S, Takahashi K, Ishizaki K, Kohchi T, Kinoshita T. Characterization of the plasma membrane H+-ATPase in the liverwort Marchantia polymorpha. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:826-34 pubmed publisher..Our results define physiological signals for the regulation of pT H(+)-ATPase in the liverwort M. polymorpha, which is one of the earliest plants to acquire pT H(+)-ATPase...
- Yoshimura F, Murakami Y, Nishikawa K, Hasegawa Y, Kawaminami S. Surface components of Porphyromonas gingivalis. J Periodontal Res. 2009;44:1-12 pubmed publisher..thetaiotaomicron as major anaerobic, opportunistic pathogens in the medical field. In this minireview, we focused on recent research findings concerning surface components such as outer membrane proteins and fimbriae, of P. gingivalis...
- Sunohara H, Kawai T, Shimizu Sato S, Sato Y, Sato K, Kitano H. A dominant mutation of TWISTED DWARF 1 encoding an alpha-tubulin protein causes severe dwarfism and right helical growth in rice. Genes Genet Syst. 2009;84:209-18 pubmed..Our analysis of the Tid1-1 mutant revealed that the dynamics of microtubules affects not only anisotropic growth in both dicots and monocots, but also meristematic activity and gross plant morphology...
- Kumazawa Y, Nishida M. Molecular phylogeny of osteoglossoids: a new model for Gondwanian origin and plate tectonic transportation of the Asian arowana. Mol Biol Evol. 2000;17:1869-78 pubmed publisher..This study also implicates the relatively long absence of osteoglossiform fossil records from the Mesozoic...
- Imamura A, Kiba T, Tajima Y, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. In vivo and in vitro characterization of the ARR11 response regulator implicated in the His-to-Asp phosphorelay signal transduction in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2003;44:122-31 pubmed..These results with regard to the functions of ARR11 are mainly discussed in comparison with those of the previously characterized type-B response regulators. ..
- Ohkouchi S, Saito H, Aruga F, Maeda T, Shibata H, Maki M. Dictyostelium discoideum requires an Alix/AIP1 homolog, DdAlix, for morphogenesis in alkaline environments. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:1745-50 pubmed..DdAlix may be, structurally and functionally, more related to human Alix than to yeast Rim20 and Bro1. ..
- Oba Y, Sato M, Ojika M, Inouye S. Enzymatic and genetic characterization of firefly luciferase and Drosophila CG6178 as a fatty acyl-CoA synthetase. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2005;69:819-28 pubmed..These results suggest that insects have a novel type of fatty acyl-CoA synthetase. ..
- Yokoyama A, Yamashino T, Amano Y, Tajima Y, Imamura A, Sakakibara H, et al. Type-B ARR transcription factors, ARR10 and ARR12, are implicated in cytokinin-mediated regulation of protoxylem differentiation in roots of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:84-96 pubmed..Taken together, we propose that ARR10 and ARR12, together with ARR1, redundantly play pivotal roles in the AHK-dependent phosphorelay signaling in response to cytokinin in roots. ..
- Okada R, Kondo S, Satbhai S, Yamaguchi N, Tsukuda M, Aoki S. Functional characterization of CCA1/LHY homolog genes, PpCCA1a and PpCCA1b, in the moss Physcomitrella patens. Plant J. 2009;60:551-63 pubmed publisher..Together, our results illustrate similarities as well as divergence of the clock machineries between P. patens and A. thaliana, two distantly placed species in land plant phylogeny...
- Yamashita T, Sakae K, Tsuzuki H, Suzuki Y, Ishikawa N, Takeda N, et al. Complete nucleotide sequence and genetic organization of Aichi virus, a distinct member of the Picornaviridae associated with acute gastroenteritis in humans. J Virol. 1998;72:8408-12 pubmed..Yamashita, S. Kobayashi, K. Sakae, S. Nakata, S. Chiba, Y. Ishihara, and S. Isomura, J. Infect. Dis. 164:954-957, 1991), we propose that Aichi virus be regarded as a new genus of the family Picornaviridae. ..
- Aiba H, Kawaura R, Yamamoto E, Yamada H, Takegawa K, Mizuno T. Isolation and characterization of high-osmolarity-sensitive mutants of fission yeast. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:5038-43 pubmed..It was also found that the delta ryh1 mutant is severely sterile. These results are discussed with special reference to the osmoadaptation of S. pombe. ..
- Katoh K, Shibata H, Hatta K, Maki M. CHMP4b is a major binding partner of the ALG-2-interacting protein Alix among the three CHMP4 isoforms. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004;421:159-65 pubmed..These results suggest that CHMP4b is a major binding partner of Alix among the three CHMP4 isoforms. ..
- Kuroda N, Wada H, Naruse K, Simada A, Shima A, Sasaki M, et al. Molecular cloning and linkage analysis of the Japanese medaka fish complement Bf/C2 gene. Immunogenetics. 1996;44:459-67 pubmed..The Bf/C2 locus was mapped to the close proximity (2.9 cM) of the superoxide dismutase locus on the linkage group XX by the use of a restriction site polymorphism between two inbred strains of the medaka...
- Ohkouchi S, Nishio K, Maeda M, Hitomi K, Adachi H, Maki M. Identification and characterization of two penta-EF-hand Ca(2+)-binding proteins in Dictyostelium discoideum. J Biochem. 2001;130:207-15 pubmed
- Saito S, Ikeda M, Iwata N, Suzuki T, Kitajima T, Yamanouchi Y, et al. No association was found between a functional SNP in ZDHHC8 and schizophrenia in a Japanese case-control population. Neurosci Lett. 2005;374:21-4 pubmed..Because our sample size provided quite high power, ZDHHC8 may not play a major role in Japanese schizophrenia. And our results did not support the gender-specific effect of this SNP. ..
- Kawahara M, Rikihisa Y, Lin Q, Isogai E, Tahara K, Itagaki A, et al. Novel genetic variants of Anaplasma phagocytophilum, Anaplasma bovis, Anaplasma centrale, and a novel Ehrlichia sp. in wild deer and ticks on two major islands in Japan. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:1102-9 pubmed..These results suggest that enzootic cycles of Ehrlichia and Anaplasma species distinct from those found in the United States or Europe have been established in wild deer and ticks in Japan...
- Hirano K, Nakajima M, Asano K, Nishiyama T, Sakakibara H, Kojima M, et al. The GID1-mediated gibberellin perception mechanism is conserved in the Lycophyte Selaginella moellendorffii but not in the Bryophyte Physcomitrella patens. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3058-79 pubmed publisher..patens, indicating that GID1/DELLA-mediated GA signaling, if present, differs from that in vascular plants. Our results suggest that GID1/DELLA-mediated GA signaling appeared after the divergence of vascular plants from the moss lineage...
- Jonniaux P, Kumazawa Y. Molecular phylogenetic and dating analyses using mitochondrial DNA sequences of eyelid geckos (Squamata: Eublepharidae). Gene. 2008;407:105-15 pubmed
- Azuma Y, Kumazawa Y, Miya M, Mabuchi K, Nishida M. Mitogenomic evaluation of the historical biogeography of cichlids toward reliable dating of teleostean divergences. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:215 pubmed publisher..We conducted divergence time estimations among teleosts by incorporating these additional time constraints and achieved a considerable reduction in credibility intervals in the estimated divergence times...
- Hotta Y, Teramoto K, Sato H, Yoshikawa H, Hosoda A, Tamura H. Classification of genus Pseudomonas by MALDI-TOF MS based on ribosomal protein coding in S10-spc-alpha operon at strain level. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:6722-8 pubmed publisher..MALDI-TOF MS analysis using these 14 selected ribosomal proteins is a rapid, efficient, and versatile bacterial identification method with the validation procedure for the obtained results...
- Kawamura Y, Fujiwara N, Naka T, Mitani A, Kubota H, Tomida J, et al. Genus Enhydrobacter Staley et al. 1987 should be recognized as a member of the family Rhodospirillaceae within the class Alphaproteobacteria. Microbiol Immunol. 2012;56:21-6 pubmed publisher..From these data, we conclude that the genus Enhydrobacter should be recognized as an independent genus of the family Rhodospirillaceae within the class Alphaproteobacteria...