Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Publications147 found, 100 shown here
- Hirata Y, Ogasawara N, Sasaki M, Mizushima T, Shimura T, Mizoshita T, et al. BCL6 degradation caused by the interaction with the C-terminus of pro-HB-EGF induces cyclin D2 expression in gastric cancers. Br J Cancer. 2009;100:1320-9 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of HB-EGF-CTF nuclear translocation and maintenance of BCL6 function are important for the regulation of gastric cancer progression. ..
- Iwahori S, Murata T, Kudoh A, Sato Y, Nakayama S, Isomura H, et al. Phosphorylation of p27Kip1 by Epstein-Barr virus protein kinase induces its degradation through SCFSkp2 ubiquitin ligase actions during viral lytic replication. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:18923-31 pubmed publisher..Overall, EBV PK enhances p27(Kip1) degradation effectively upon EBV productive replication, contributing to establishment of an S-phase-like cellular environment with high CDK activity. ..
- Yamashita H, Takahashi S, Ito Y, Yamashita T, Ando Y, Toyama T, et al. Predictors of response to exemestane as primary endocrine therapy in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:2028-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, the analysis of factors involved in the estrogen-dependent growth-signaling pathways may be useful in identifying patients responsive to exemestane. ..
- Kamiyoshihara Y, Iwata M, Fukaya T, Tatsuki M, Mori H. Turnover of LeACS2, a wound-inducible 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid synthase in tomato, is regulated by phosphorylation/dephosphorylation. Plant J. 2010;64:140-50 pubmed publisher..Phosphorylation at both sites was required for LeACS2 stability...
- Shimizu H, Yisireyili M, Nishijima F, Niwa T. Indoxyl sulfate enhances p53-TGF-?1-Smad3 pathway in proximal tubular cells. Am J Nephrol. 2013;37:97-103 pubmed publisher..Indoxyl sulfate-induced Smad3 accelerates TGF-?1-induced ?-SMA expression through ERK activation. Thus, indoxyl sulfate enhances p53-TGF-?1-Smad3 pathway in proximal tubular cells. ..
- Kataoka Y, Shibata R, Ohashi K, Kambara T, Enomoto T, Uemura Y, et al. Omentin prevents myocardial ischemic injury through AMP-activated protein kinase- and Akt-dependent mechanisms. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:2722-33 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that omentin functions as an adipokine that ameliorates acute ischemic injury in the heart by suppressing myocyte apoptosis through both AMPK- and Akt-dependent mechanisms. ..
- Xu M, Kitaura Y, Ishikawa T, Kadota Y, Terai C, Shindo D, et al. Endurance performance and energy metabolism during exercise in mice with a muscle-specific defect in the control of branched-chain amino acid catabolism. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180989 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the tight regulation of BCAA catabolism in muscles is important for homeostasis of muscle energy metabolism and, at least in part, for adaptation to exercise training. ..
- Anderca M, Furuichi T, Pinontoan R, Muto S. Identification of a mitochondrial nucleoside diphosphate kinase from the green alga Dunaliella tertiolecta. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:1276-84 pubmed..Confocal microscopy on yeast cells expressing the recombinant protein revealed the specific mitochondrial localization of DtNDK1 labeled at the C-terminus with green fluorescent protein. ..
- Hossain K, Akhand A, Kawamoto Y, Du J, Takeda K, Wu J, et al. Caspase activation is accelerated by the inhibition of arsenite-induced, membrane rafts-dependent Akt activation. Free Radic Biol Med. 2003;34:598-606 pubmed
- Mamiya T, Yamada K, Miyamoto Y, Konig N, Watanabe Y, Noda Y, et al. Neuronal mechanism of nociceptin-induced modulation of learning and memory: involvement of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors. Mol Psychiatry. 2003;8:752-65 pubmed..These results suggest that nociceptin system negatively modulates learning and memory through the regulation of NMDA receptor function and the expression of N-CAM. ..
- Hagiwara D, Matsubayashi Y, Marui J, Furukawa K, Yamashino T, Kanamaru K, et al. Characterization of the NikA histidine kinase implicated in the phosphorelay signal transduction of Aspergillus nidulans, with special reference to fungicide responses. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:844-7 pubmed
- Kajiguchi T, Katsumi A, Tanizaki R, Kiyoi H, Naoe T. Y654 of ?-catenin is essential for FLT3/ITD-related tyrosine phosphorylation and nuclear localization of ?-catenin. Eur J Haematol. 2012;88:314-20 pubmed publisher..Targeting Y654 phosphorylation may lead to the development of novel approaches to therapy for FLT3/ITD-AML. ..
- Hikasa H, Sekido Y, Suzuki A. Merlin/NF2-Lin28B-let-7 Is a Tumor-Suppressive Pathway that Is Cell-Density Dependent and Hippo Independent. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2950-61 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that Merlin/NF2-mediated signaling drives a tumor-suppressive pathway that is cell-density dependent and Hippo independent. ..
- Tokui T, Inagaki M, Nishizawa K, Yatani R, Kusagawa M, Ajiro K, et al. Inactivation of DNA polymerase beta by in vitro phosphorylation with protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:10820-4 pubmed..Thus, the inactivation of the DNA repair enzyme, DNA polymerase beta, by PKC may be an important process in the modification of DNA metabolism in the nucleus through signal transduction processes. ..
- Inada H, Togashi H, Nakamura Y, Kaibuchi K, Nagata K, Inagaki M. Balance between activities of Rho kinase and type 1 protein phosphatase modulates turnover of phosphorylation and dynamics of desmin/vimentin filaments. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:34932-9 pubmed
- Mizuno T, Tsutsui K, Nishida Y. Drosophila myosin phosphatase and its role in dorsal closure. Development. 2002;129:1215-23 pubmed..The results indicate an important role for myosin phosphatase in morphogenesis. ..
- Ruhul Amin A, Senga T, Oo M, Thant A, Hamaguchi M. Secretion of matrix metalloproteinase-9 by the proinflammatory cytokine, IL-1beta: a role for the dual signalling pathways, Akt and Erk. Genes Cells. 2003;8:515-23 pubmed
- Mizuno T, Zhang G, Takeuchi H, Kawanokuchi J, Wang J, Sonobe Y, et al. Interferon-gamma directly induces neurotoxicity through a neuron specific, calcium-permeable complex of IFN-gamma receptor and AMPA GluR1 receptor. FASEB J. 2008;22:1797-806 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel mechanisms of neuronal excitotoxicity, which may occur in both inflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases in the CNS. ..
- Nakamura N, Naruse K, Matsuki T, Hamada Y, Nakashima E, Kamiya H, et al. Adiponectin promotes migration activities of endothelial progenitor cells via Cdc42/Rac1. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2457-63 pubmed publisher..siRNA of Cdc42 or Rac1 completely inhibited the adiponectin-induced migration, but siRNA of Akt had no effects, indicating that adiponectin promotes the migration activities of EPCs mainly through PI3-kinase/Cdc42/Rac1. ..
- Suzuki M, Abe A, Imagama S, Nomura Y, Tanizaki R, Minami Y, et al. BCR-ABL-independent and RAS / MAPK pathway-dependent form of imatinib resistance in Ph-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia cell line with activation of EphB4. Eur J Haematol. 2010;84:229-38 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a new mechanism of IM resistance mediated by the activation of RAS/MAPK pathway and EphB4. ..
- Xu B, Song G, Ju Y, Li X, Song Y, Watanabe S. RhoA/ROCK, cytoskeletal dynamics, and focal adhesion kinase are required for mechanical stretch-induced tenogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:2722-9 pubmed publisher..This work provides novel insights regarding the mechanisms of tenogenesis in a stretch-induced environment and supports the therapeutic potential of hMSCs...
- Li P, Goto H, Kasahara K, Matsuyama M, Wang Z, Yatabe Y, et al. P90 RSK arranges Chk1 in the nucleus for monitoring of genomic integrity during cell proliferation. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:1582-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that p90 RSK facilitates nuclear Chk1 accumulation through Chk1-Ser-280 phosphorylation and that this pathway plays an important role in the preparation for monitoring genetic stability during cell proliferation. ..
- Onoue T, Goto M, Tominaga T, Sugiyama M, Tsunekawa T, Hagiwara D, et al. Reactive oxygen species mediate insulin signal transduction in mouse hypothalamus. Neurosci Lett. 2016;619:1-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that insulin-induced phosphorylation of IRÎ² and Akt is mediated via ROS which are predominantly produced by NADPH oxidase in mouse hypothalamus. ..
- Imamura A, Kiba T, Tajima Y, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. In vivo and in vitro characterization of the ARR11 response regulator implicated in the His-to-Asp phosphorelay signal transduction in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2003;44:122-31 pubmed..These results with regard to the functions of ARR11 are mainly discussed in comparison with those of the previously characterized type-B response regulators. ..
- Okamoto M, Hayakawa F, Miyata Y, Watamoto K, Emi N, Abe A, et al. Lyn is an important component of the signal transduction pathway specific to FLT3/ITD and can be a therapeutic target in the treatment of AML with FLT3/ITD. Leukemia. 2007;21:403-10 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Lyn is an important component of the signal transduction pathway specific to FLT3/ITD and can be a therapeutic target in the treatment of AML with FLT3/ITD. ..
- Ohkawa Y, Miyazaki S, Miyata M, Hamamura K, Furukawa K, Furukawa K. Essential roles of integrin-mediated signaling for the enhancement of malignant properties of melanomas based on the expression of GD3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;373:14-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that integrin-mediated signaling is essential in the effects of GD3 on the malignant properties of melanomas. Co-localization of GD3 and integrin at the focal adhesion supported these results. ..
- Ebi M, Kataoka H, Shimura T, Hirata Y, Mizushima T, Mizoshita T, et al. The role of neuregulin4 and HER4 in gastrointestinal malignant lymphoma. Mol Med Rep. 2011;4:1151-5 pubmed publisher..Additionally, recombinant NRG4 activated the proliferation of lymphoma cell lines. These findings suggest that the NRG4-HER4 axis plays a major role in the proliferation of malignant lymphoma cells in the gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Maruyama S, Shibata R, Kikuchi R, Izumiya Y, Rokutanda T, Araki S, et al. Fat-derived factor omentin stimulates endothelial cell function and ischemia-induced revascularization via endothelial nitric oxide synthase-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:408-17 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that omentin promotes endothelial cell function and revascularization in response to ischemia through its ability to stimulate an Akt-eNOS signaling pathway. ..
- Kim Y, Kim S, Tatsunami R, Yamamura H, Fukai T, Ushio Fukai M. ROS-induced ROS release orchestrated by Nox4, Nox2, and mitochondria in VEGF signaling and angiogenesis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;312:C749-C764 pubmed publisher..This may represent a novel feed-forward mechanism of ROS-induced ROS release orchestrated by the Nox4/Nox2/pSer36-p66Shc/mtROS axis, which drives sustained activation of angiogenesis signaling program. ..
- Takeda S, Fujisawa Y, Matsubara M, Aiba H, Mizuno T. A novel feature of the multistep phosphorelay in Escherichia coli: a revised model of the RcsC --> YojN --> RcsB signalling pathway implicated in capsular synthesis and swarming behaviour. Mol Microbiol. 2001;40:440-50 pubmed..It was also demonstrated that this complex signalling system is somehow involved in the modulation of a characteristic behaviour of E. coli cells during colony formation on the surface of agar plates, namely swarming. ..
- Nagata K, Izawa I, Inagaki M. A decade of site- and phosphorylation state-specific antibodies: recent advances in studies of spatiotemporal protein phosphorylation. Genes Cells. 2001;6:653-64 pubmed..These antibodies have facilitated understanding of the cytoskeletal organization, signal transduction and transcriptional mechanisms as well as clinical diseases. This review is an attempt to cover all these aspects. ..
- Kondo T, Wakayama T, Naiki T, Matsumoto K, Sugimoto K. Recruitment of Mec1 and Ddc1 checkpoint proteins to double-strand breaks through distinct mechanisms. Science. 2001;294:867-70 pubmed..Thus, Mec1 and Ddc1 are recruited independently to sites of DNA damage, suggesting the existence of two separate mechanisms involved in recognition of DNA damage. ..
- Kajiyama H, Shibata K, Terauchi M, Ino K, Nawa A, Kikkawa F. Involvement of SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 axis in the enhanced peritoneal metastasis of epithelial ovarian carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2008;122:91-9 pubmed..The present results suggest that there may be a link between the SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 axis and enhanced intraperitoneal dissemination of EOC and that CXCR4 may be a novel target for the treatment of EOC...
- Tange S, Ito S, Senga T, Hamaguchi M. Phosphorylation of histone H3 at Ser10: its role in cell transformation by v-Src. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;386:588-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results strongly suggest the importance of MSK1 and H3 phosphorylation in cell transformation by v-Src. ..
- Ishitani T, Hirao T, Suzuki M, Isoda M, Ishitani S, Harigaya K, et al. Nemo-like kinase suppresses Notch signalling by interfering with formation of the Notch active transcriptional complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:278-85 pubmed publisher..Our results both define a new function for NLK and reveal a previously unidentified mode of regulation in the Notch signalling pathway. ..
- Tsuji Y, Hojo M, Voigt N, El Armouche A, Inden Y, Murohara T, et al. Ca(2+)-related signaling and protein phosphorylation abnormalities play central roles in a new experimental model of electrical storm. Circulation. 2011;123:2192-203 pubmed publisher..ES causes Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II activation and phospholamban dephosphorylation, which can explain the vicious cycle of arrhythmia promotion and mechanical dysfunction that characterizes ES. ..
- Aso H, Ito S, Mori A, Suganuma N, Morioka M, Takahara N, et al. Differential regulation of airway smooth muscle cell migration by E-prostanoid receptor subtypes. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013;48:322-9 pubmed publisher..HSP20 phosphorylation by PKA is possibly involved in this mechanism. Conversely, EP3 is potent in promoting cell migration. EP receptor subtypes may be novel therapeutic target molecules in airway remodeling and asthma. ..
- Kumagai T, Nakamura Y, Osawa T, Uchida K. Role of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in the 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal-induced cyclooxygenase-2 expression. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;397:240-5 pubmed..Furthermore, we also found that HNE upregulated the COX-2 expression by the stabilization of COX-2 mRNA via the p38 MAPK pathway. ..
- Oguri T, Inoko A, Shima H, Izawa I, Arimura N, Yamaguchi T, et al. Vimentin-Ser82 as a memory phosphorylation site in astrocytes. Genes Cells. 2006;11:531-40 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that vimentin is a novel member of binding partner of PP1c in astrocytes, and vimentin-Ser82 may act as a memory phosphorylation site. ..
- Takefuji M, Mori K, Morita Y, Arimura N, Nishimura T, Nakayama M, et al. Rho-kinase modulates the function of STEF, a Rac GEF, through its phosphorylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:788-94 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the phosphorylation of STEF by Rho-kinase exerts the inhibitory effect on the function of STEF. ..
- Iwamoto N, Abe Dohmae S, Lu R, Yokoyama S. Involvement of protein kinase D in phosphorylation and increase of DNA binding of activator protein 2 alpha to downregulate ATP-binding cassette transporter A1. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:2282-7 pubmed publisher..2007;101:156-165). Potential specific Ser-phosphorylation sites for this reaction were investigated in human AP2alpha...
- Sato S, Takahashi S, Asamoto M, Naiki T, Naiki Ito A, Asai K, et al. Tranilast suppresses prostate cancer growth and osteoclast differentiation in vivo and in vitro. Prostate. 2010;70:229-38 pubmed publisher..Growth of human prostate cancer cells was also inhibited. Thus, this agent deserves consideration as a candidate for conventional therapy of bone metastatic prostate cancer. ..
- Goto H, Tanabe K, Manser E, Lim L, Yasui Y, Inagaki M. Phosphorylation and reorganization of vimentin by p21-activated kinase (PAK). Genes Cells. 2002;7:91-7 pubmed..However, the kinase-inactive mutant induced neither vimentin phosphorylation nor filament reorganization. Our observations suggest that PAK may regulate the reorganization of vimentin filaments through direct vimentin phosphorylation. ..
- Nakamichi N, Murakami Kojima M, Sato E, Kishi Y, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. Compilation and characterization of a novel WNK family of protein kinases in Arabiodpsis thaliana with reference to circadian rhythms. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66:2429-36 pubmed..These results suggested that certain members of the WNK family of protein kinases might play roles in a mechanism that generates circadian rhythms in Arabidopsis. ..
- Yoshida T, Iwamoto T, Adachi K, Yokota T, Miyake Y, Hamaguchi M. Functional analysis of the effect of forced activation of STAT3 on M1 mouse leukemia cells. Int J Mol Med. 2005;15:269-75 pubmed..Together, our present data suggest that signaling other than the activation of STAT3 and MEK1 may be necessary for M1 cell-growth arrest and differentiation, while a set of early genes of LIF are induced by only STAT3 activation. ..
- Shimada M, Namikawa Yamada C, Nakanishi M, Murakami H. Regulation of Cdc2p and Cdc13p is required for cell cycle arrest induced by defective RNA splicing in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32640-8 pubmed..The abundance of Cdc13p was reduced, and the phosphorylation of Cdc2p on tyrosine 15 was maintained in splicing-defective cells. These results suggest that regulation of Cdc13p and Cdc2p is required for G2 arrest in splicing mutants. ..
- Ishikawa K, Nara A, Matsumoto K, Hanafusa H. EGFR-dependent phosphorylation of leucine-rich repeat kinase LRRK1 is important for proper endosomal trafficking of EGFR. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:1294-306 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that feedback down-regulation of LRRK1 kinase activity by EGFR plays an important role in the appropriate endosomal trafficking of EGFR. ..
- Sonobe Y, Takeuchi H, Kataoka K, Li H, Jin S, Mimuro M, et al. Interleukin-25 expressed by brain capillary endothelial cells maintains blood-brain barrier function in a protein kinase Cepsilon-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31834-42 pubmed publisher..These novel functions of IL-25 in maintaining BBB integrity may help us understand the pathophysiology of inflammatory brain diseases such as MS. ..
- Sasabe M, Boudolf V, De Veylder L, Inze D, Genschik P, Machida Y. Phosphorylation of a mitotic kinesin-like protein and a MAPKKK by cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs) is involved in the transition to cytokinesis in plants. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:17844-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, timely and coordinated phosphorylation by CDKs and dephosphorylation of cytokinetic regulators from prophase to anaphase appear to be critical for the appropriate onset and/or progression of cytokinesis. ..
- Lin K, Moroishi T, Meng Z, Jeong H, Plouffe S, Sekido Y, et al. Regulation of Hippo pathway transcription factor TEAD by p38 MAPK-induced cytoplasmic translocation. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:996-1002 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a mechanism governing TEAD nucleocytoplasmic shuttling and show that TEAD localization is a critical determinant of Hippo signalling output. ..
- Yamashita H, Nishio M, Kobayashi S, Ando Y, Sugiura H, Zhang Z, et al. Phosphorylation of estrogen receptor alpha serine 167 is predictive of response to endocrine therapy and increases postrelapse survival in metastatic breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2005;7:R753-64 pubmed..These data suggest that phosphorylation of ER-alpha Ser167 is helpful in selecting patients who may benefit from endocrine therapy and is a prognostic marker in metastatic breast cancer. ..
- Yamauchi M, Kambe F, Cao X, Lu X, Kozaki Y, Oiso Y, et al. Thyroid hormone activates adenosine 5'-monophosphate-activated protein kinase via intracellular calcium mobilization and activation of calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinase-beta. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:893-903 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that T3 nontranscriptionally activates AMPK via intracellular Ca2+ mobilization and CaMKKbeta activation, thereby stimulating mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation. ..
- Kanamori T, Matsukawa N, Kobayashi H, Uematsu N, Sagisaka T, Toyoda T, et al. Suppressed phosphorylation of collapsin response mediator protein-2 in the hippocampus of HCNP precursor transgenic mice. Brain Res. 2010;1355:180-8 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the activation of collapsin response mediator protein-2 (CRMP-2) is increased in the transgenic mice at 12 weeks of age when compared with wild-type littermate mice. ..
- Takahashi Y, Soyano T, Kosetsu K, Sasabe M, Machida Y. HINKEL kinesin, ANP MAPKKKs and MKK6/ANQ MAPKK, which phosphorylates and activates MPK4 MAPK, constitute a pathway that is required for cytokinesis in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:1766-76 pubmed publisher..Thus cytokinesis in A. thaliana is controlled by a pathway that consists of ANP MAPKKKs that can be activated by HIK and MKK6/ANQ MAPKK, with MPK4 MAPK being a probable target of MKK6/ANQ. ..
- Hagikura M, Murakumo Y, Hasegawa M, Jijiwa M, Hagiwara S, Mii S, et al. Correlation of pathological grade and tumor stage of urothelial carcinomas with CD109 expression. Pathol Int. 2010;60:735-43 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CD109 is involved in bladder tumorigenesis and is a potential target for cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Shimizu H, Yisireyili M, Nishijima F, Niwa T. Stat3 contributes to indoxyl sulfate-induced inflammatory and fibrotic gene expression and cellular senescence. Am J Nephrol. 2012;36:184-9 pubmed publisher..Stat3 is involved in indoxyl sulfate-induced inflammatory and fibrotic gene expression and cellular senescence in proximal tubular cells. ..
- Mizuno M, Kato D, Kanamori T, Toyoda T, Suzuki T, Ojika K, et al. Phosphorylation of collapsin response mediator protein-2 regulates its localization and association with hippocampal cholinergic neurostimulating peptide precursor in the hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2013;535:122-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that HCNP-pp, in association with unphosphorylated and/or pSer522-CRMP-2, plays an important role in presynaptic function in the mature hippocampus. ..
- Hamakawa T, Sasaki S, Shibata Y, Imura M, Kubota Y, Kojima Y, et al. Interleukin-18 may lead to benign prostatic hyperplasia via thrombospondin-1 production in prostatic smooth muscle cells. Prostate. 2014;74:590-601 pubmed publisher..TSP-1 promoted proliferation of the human prostate stromal cells (PrSC). IL-18 may act directly in BPH pathogenesis by inducing TSP-1 production in prostatic smooth muscle cells via Akt phosphorylation. ..
- Uzumaki T, Fujita M, Nakatsu T, Hayashi F, Shibata H, Itoh N, et al. Crystal structure of the C-terminal clock-oscillator domain of the cyanobacterial KaiA protein. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2004;11:623-31 pubmed publisher..KaiA binding to KaiC probably occurs via the concave surface. On the basis of the structure, we predict the structural roles of the residues that affect circadian oscillations...
- Ito M, Natsume A, Takeuchi H, Shimato S, Ohno M, Wakabayashi T, et al. Type I interferon inhibits astrocytic gliosis and promotes functional recovery after spinal cord injury by deactivation of the MEK/ERK pathway. J Neurotrauma. 2009;26:41-53 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that liposome-mediated IFN-beta gene delivery inhibits glial scar formation after SCI and promotes functional recovery. ..
- Ohkawa Y, Ohmi Y, Tajima O, Yamauchi Y, Furukawa K, Furukawa K. Wisp2/CCN5 up-regulated in the central nervous system of GM3-only mice facilitates neurite formation in Neuro2a cells via integrin-Akt signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;411:483-9 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of Wisp2/CCN5 in GM3-only mice should be, therefore, a reaction to protect nervous tissues from neurodegeneration caused by ganglioside deficiency. ..
- Kiba T, Aoki K, Sakakibara H, Mizuno T. Arabidopsis response regulator, ARR22, ectopic expression of which results in phenotypes similar to the wol cytokinin-receptor mutant. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:1063-77 pubmed..These results suggested that ARR22 might also be implicated, directly or indirectly, in the cytokinin-responsive His-->Asp phophorelay signal transduction. ..
- Enomoto M, Goto H, Tomono Y, Kasahara K, Tsujimura K, Kiyono T, et al. Novel positive feedback loop between Cdk1 and Chk1 in the nucleus during G2/M transition. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:34223-30 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Chk1 phosphorylation by Cdk1 participates in cytoplasmic sequestration of Chk1 activity, which releases Cdk1 inhibition in the nucleus and promotes mitotic entry. ..
- Hirasawa Y, Sakai T, Ito M, Yoshimura H, Feng Y, Nagamatsu T. Advanced-glycation-end-product-cholesterol-aggregated-protein accelerates the proliferation of mesangial cells mediated by transforming-growth-factor-beta 1 receptors and the ERK-MAPK pathway. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;672:159-68 pubmed publisher
- Li Z, Yamauchi Y, Kamakura M, Murayama T, Goshima F, Kimura H, et al. Herpes simplex virus requires poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activity for efficient replication and induces extracellular signal-related kinase-dependent phosphorylation and ICP0-dependent nuclear localization of tankyrase 1. J Virol. 2012;86:492-503 pubmed publisher..Moreover, XAV939, an inhibitor of tankyrase PARP activity, decreased viral titers to 2 to 5% of control values. We concluded that HSV targets tankyrase 1 in an ICP0- and ERK-dependent manner to facilitate its replication...
- Iguchi Y, Katsuno M, Takagi S, Ishigaki S, Niwa J, Hasegawa M, et al. Oxidative stress induced by glutathione depletion reproduces pathological modifications of TDP-43 linked to TDP-43 proteinopathies. Neurobiol Dis. 2012;45:862-70 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that oxidative stress induced by glutathione depletion is associated with the process of the pathological TDP-43 modifications and provide new insight for TDP-43 proteinopathies. ..
- Kawajiri A, Yasui Y, Goto H, Tatsuka M, Takahashi M, Nagata K, et al. Functional significance of the specific sites phosphorylated in desmin at cleavage furrow: Aurora-B may phosphorylate and regulate type III intermediate filaments during cytokinesis coordinatedly with Rho-kinase. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:1489-500 pubmed..The results presented here suggest the possibility that Aurora-B may regulate cleavage furrow-specific phosphorylation and segregation of type III IFs coordinatedly with Rho-kinase during cytokinesis. ..
- Ishiguro H, Katano Y, Nakano I, Ishigami M, Hayashi K, Honda T, et al. Clofibrate treatment promotes branched-chain amino acid catabolism and decreases the phosphorylation state of mTOR, eIF4E-BP1, and S6K1 in rat liver. Life Sci. 2006;79:737-43 pubmed..These results suggest that BCAA catabolism enhanced by clofibrate treatment has significant influences on the leucine-induced activation of translation initiation processes...
- Niida H, Katsuno Y, Banerjee B, Hande M, Nakanishi M. Specific role of Chk1 phosphorylations in cell survival and checkpoint activation. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2572-81 pubmed..Thus, two-step phosphorylation of Chk1 at S317 and S345 appeared to be required for proper localization of Chk1 to centrosomes. ..
- Hamamura K, Furukawa K, Hayashi T, Hattori T, Nakano J, Nakashima H, et al. Ganglioside GD3 promotes cell growth and invasion through p130Cas and paxillin in malignant melanoma cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:11041-6 pubmed..These results suggested that these two molecules function as effectors of GD3-mediated signaling, leading to such malignant properties as rapid cell growth and invasion. ..
- Kudoh A, Daikoku T, Ishimi Y, Kawaguchi Y, Shirata N, Iwahori S, et al. Phosphorylation of MCM4 at sites inactivating DNA helicase activity of the MCM4-MCM6-MCM7 complex during Epstein-Barr virus productive replication. J Virol. 2006;80:10064-72 pubmed
- Kawamura F, Nakanishi M, Hirashima N. Effects of menadione, a reactive oxygen generator, on leukotriene secretion from RBL-2H3 cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:881-5 pubmed
- Kimura R, Okouchi M, Kato T, Imaeda K, Okayama N, Asai K, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation is necessary for glucagon-like peptide-1 to protect PC12 cells from apoptosis. Neuroendocrinology. 2013;97:300-8 pubmed publisher..The neuroprotective effects of GLP-1 against MG-induced apoptosis are mediated by EGFR transactivation, which signals through the PI3K/Akt/mTOR/GCLc/redox pathway in PC12 cells. ..
- Ban Y, Kobayashi Y, Hara T, Hamada T, Hashimoto T, Takeda S, et al. ?-tubulin is rapidly phosphorylated in response to hyperosmotic stress in rice and Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:848-58 pubmed publisher..Together, the results of the present study reveal a novel mechanism that globally regulates the microtubule polymerization. ..
- Kasahara K, Goto H, Enomoto M, Tomono Y, Kiyono T, Inagaki M. 14-3-3gamma mediates Cdc25A proteolysis to block premature mitotic entry after DNA damage. EMBO J. 2010;29:2802-12 pubmed publisher..This ternary complex formation has an essential function in Cdc25A phosphorylation and degradation to block premature mitotic entry after DNA damage. ..
- Ando S, Tanabe K, Gonda Y, Sato C, Inagaki M. Domain- and sequence-specific phosphorylation of vimentin induces disassembly of the filament structure. Biochemistry. 1989;28:2974-9 pubmed..These results provide clues to the molecular mechanisms of phosphorylation-dependent disassembly of vimentin filaments. ..
- Ding J, Komatsu H, Wakita A, Kato Uranishi M, Ito M, Satoh A, et al. Familial essential thrombocythemia associated with a dominant-positive activating mutation of the c-MPL gene, which encodes for the receptor for thrombopoietin. Blood. 2004;103:4198-200 pubmed..These results show that the Asn505 is an activating mutation with respect to the intracellular signaling and survival of the cells. This is the first report of FET deriving from a dominant-positive activating mutation of the c-MPL gene. ..
- Yoshimura T, Kawano Y, Arimura N, Kawabata S, Kikuchi A, Kaibuchi K. GSK-3beta regulates phosphorylation of CRMP-2 and neuronal polarity. Cell. 2005;120:137-49 pubmed..Knockdown of CRMP-2 inhibited NT-3-induced axon outgrowth. These results suggest that NT-3 decreases phosphorylated CRMP-2 and increases nonphosphorylated active CRMP-2, thereby promoting axon outgrowth. ..
- Goto H, Kiyono T, Tomono Y, Kawajiri A, Urano T, Furukawa K, et al. Complex formation of Plk1 and INCENP required for metaphase-anaphase transition. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:180-7 pubmed..We propose that INCENP phosphorylation by Cdk1 is necessary for the recruitment of Plk1 to the kinetochore, and that the complex formation of Plk1 and Aurora-B on INCENP may play crucial roles in the regulation of chromosomal dynamics. ..
- Nishiwaki T, Kondo T. Circadian autodephosphorylation of cyanobacterial clock protein KaiC occurs via formation of ATP as intermediate. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:18030-5 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, we can now dissect the dynamics of the KaiC phosphorylation cycle relative to ATPase activity. ..
- Narita Y, Murata T, Ryo A, Kawashima D, Sugimoto A, Kanda T, et al. Pin1 interacts with the Epstein-Barr virus DNA polymerase catalytic subunit and regulates viral DNA replication. J Virol. 2013;87:2120-7 pubmed publisher..Pin1 might modulate EBV DNA polymerase conformation for efficient, productive viral DNA replication...
- Nishi T, Iwasaki K, Ohashi N, Tanaka C, Kobayashi D, Nakayama G, et al. Phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 predicts sensitivity to everolimus in gastric cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2013;331:220-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 may be a predictive biomarker of everolimus sensitivity in gastric cancer. ..
- Hasegawa H, Hyodo T, Asano E, Ito S, Maeda M, Kuribayashi H, et al. The role of PLK1-phosphorylated SVIL in myosin II activation and cytokinetic furrowing. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:3627-37 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates a possible role of phosphorylated SVIL as a molecular link between the central spindle and the contractile ring to coordinate the activation of myosin II for the ingression of the cleavage furrow. ..
- Satonaka H, Ishida K, Takai M, Koide R, Shigemasa R, Ueyama J, et al. (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate Down-regulates Doxorubicin-induced Overexpression of P-glycoprotein Through the Coordinate Inhibition of PI3K/Akt and MEK/ERK Signaling Pathways. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6071-6077 pubmed..P-gp expression is induced by doxorubicin (DOX). We aimed to clarify the mechanisms and inhibitory effects of EGCG on DOX-induced P-gp expression in HepG2 cells...
- Naito Y, Watanabe Y, Yokokura H, Sugita R, Nishio M, Hidaka H. Isoform-specific activation and structural diversity of calmodulin kinase I. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:32704-8 pubmed..Thus the Thr177 residue of CaM kinase Ialpha is phosphorylated by not only CaM kinase kinase but also CaM kinase Ibeta for activation of the enzyme. ..
- Kanamori T, Suzuki M, Titani K. Complete amino acid sequences and phosphorylation sites, determined by Edman degradation and mass spectrometry, of rat parotid destrin- and cofilin-like proteins. Arch Oral Biol. 1998;43:955-67 pubmed
- Suzuki T, Ishikawa K, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. An Arabidopsis histidine-containing phosphotransfer (HPt) factor implicated in phosphorelay signal transduction: overexpression of AHP2 in plants results in hypersensitiveness to cytokinin. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:123-9 pubmed..These in vivo observations were best interpreted by assuming that the AHP factor(s) is somehow implicated, if not directly, in a cytokinin-mediated His-->Asp phosphorelay signaling in Arabidopsis. ..
- Shimada M, Yamada Namikawa C, Murakami Tonami Y, Yoshida T, Nakanishi M, Urano T, et al. Cdc2p controls the forkhead transcription factor Fkh2p by phosphorylation during sexual differentiation in fission yeast. EMBO J. 2008;27:132-42 pubmed..We propose that functional interaction between Cdks and forkhead transcription factors may link the mitotic cell cycle and sexual differentiation. ..