Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on northern blotting in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Topic: northern blotting
- Inoue K, Nakai Y, Ueda S, Kamigaso S, Ohta K, Hatakeyama M, et al. Functional characterization of PCFT/HCP1 as the molecular entity of the carrier-mediated intestinal folate transport system in the rat model. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;294:G660-8 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to clone rPCFT/HCP1, and we successfully provided several lines of evidence that indicate its role as the molecular entity of the intestinal folate transport system. ..
- Matsushika A, Makino S, Kojima M, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. The APRR1/TOC1 quintet implicated in circadian rhythms of Arabidopsis thaliana: II. Characterization with CCA1-overexpressing plants. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:118-22 pubmed..Taken together, it was suggested that there are intimate and mutual links between these two types of circadian-associated components (APRRs and CCA1). ..
- Takahashi S, Suzuki S, Inaguma S, Ikeda Y, Cho Y, Nishiyama N, et al. Down-regulation of human X-box binding protein 1 (hXBP-1) expression correlates with tumor progression in human prostate cancers. Prostate. 2002;50:154-61 pubmed..These results suggest that reduction of hXBP-1 expression may be a useful marker for prostate adenocarcinoma differentiation and progression. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Hayashi Y, Matsuoka S, Takahashi T, Matsukage A. Differential effect of p53 on the promoters of mouse DNA polymerase beta gene and proliferating-cell-nuclear-antigen gene. Eur J Biochem. 1994;221:227-37 pubmed..This sequence conferred resistance to p53 repression onto the PCNA gene promoter, when it was placed 21-bp upstream from the transcription-initiation site. ..
- Matsuguchi T, Musikacharoen T, Johnson T, Kraft A, Yoshikai Y. A novel mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase is an important negative regulator of lipopolysaccharide-mediated c-Jun N-terminal kinase activation in mouse macrophage cell lines. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6999-7009 pubmed
- Futaki S, Takagishi Y, Hayashi Y, Ohmori S, Kanou Y, Inouye M, et al. Identification of a novel myosin-Va mutation in an ataxic mutant rat, dilute-opisthotonus. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:649-55 pubmed..The MyoVA protein expression was severely impaired in the dop/dop brain. This is the first report to define the dop mutation as the Myo5a gene abnormality in the rat. ..
- Yamamura H, Ugawa S, Ueda T, Nagao M, Shimada S. Protons activate the delta-subunit of the epithelial Na+ channel in humans. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12529-34 pubmed..In conclusion, human ENaCdelta activity is regulated by protons, indicating that it may contribute to the pH sensation and/or pH regulation in the human brain. ..
- Yamamoto K, Seto M, Komatsu H, Iida S, Akao Y, Kojima S, et al. Two distinct portions of LTG19/ENL at 19p13 are involved in t(11;19) leukemia. Oncogene. 1993;8:2617-25 pubmed..Although a chimeric mRNA of KOPN-1 type was rare, its presence suggested that the shared C-terminal portion of 189 amino acids of LTG19 contains important signal(s) for malignant transformation. ..
- Yoshida T, Iwamoto T, Adachi K, Yokota T, Miyake Y, Hamaguchi M. Functional analysis of the effect of forced activation of STAT3 on M1 mouse leukemia cells. Int J Mol Med. 2005;15:269-75 pubmed..Together, our present data suggest that signaling other than the activation of STAT3 and MEK1 may be necessary for M1 cell-growth arrest and differentiation, while a set of early genes of LIF are induced by only STAT3 activation. ..
- Haruki N, Kawaguchi K, Eichenberger S, Massion P, Gonzalez A, Gazdar A, et al. Cloned fusion product from a rare t(15;19)(q13.2;p13.1) inhibit S phase in vitro. J Med Genet. 2005;42:558-64 pubmed..Alteration in cell cycle kinetics is important in tumorigenesis, although the exact role of Brd4-NUT fusion protein in the pathogenesis of lung cancers remains unclear and need to be further elucidated. ..
- Ito S, Nakamichi N, Kiba T, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. Rhythmic and light-inducible appearance of clock-associated pseudo-response regulator protein PRR9 through programmed degradation in the dark in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:1644-51 pubmed..Our work further suggests that the presence of PRR9 polypeptides is controlled through proteasome-mediated programmed degradation in the dark. ..
- Okuda T, Tokuda N, Numata S, Ito M, Ohta M, Kawamura K, et al. Targeted disruption of Gb3/CD77 synthase gene resulted in the complete deletion of globo-series glycosphingolipids and loss of sensitivity to verotoxins. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:10230-5 pubmed..The lethal kinetics were similar regardless of lipopolysaccharide elimination in VT preparation, suggesting that basal Gb3/CD77 levels are sufficient for lethal effects of VTs. ..
- Aoyama I, Shimokata K, Niwa T. An oral adsorbent downregulates renal expression of genes that promote interstitial inflammation and fibrosis in diabetic rats. Nephron. 2002;92:635-51 pubmed..AST-120 ameliorates tubulointerstitial injury by reducing renal expression of ICAM-1, osteopontin, MCP-1, TGF-beta1 and clusterin in 1/2NxOLETF rats. ..
- Ohta K, Inoue K, Hayashi Y, Yuasa H. Molecular identification and functional characterization of rat multidrug and toxin extrusion type transporter 1 as an organic cation/H+ antiporter in the kidney. Drug Metab Dispos. 2006;34:1868-74 pubmed
- Nakamichi N, Yanada H, Aiba H, Aoyama K, Ohmiya R, Mizuno T. Characterization of the Prr1 response regulator with special reference to sexual development in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2003;67:547-55 pubmed..pombe. ..
- Aoki N, Aoyama K, Nagata M, Matsuda T. A growing family of dual specificity phosphatases with low molecular masses. J Biochem. 2001;130:133-40 pubmed..Taken together, it is conceivable that a distinct class of low molecular mass DSPs is present and plays a role in dephosphorylating unknown molecules other than MAP kinases. ..
- Kansaku N, Shimada K, Ohkubo T, Saito N, Suzuki T, Matsuda Y, et al. Molecular cloning of chicken vasoactive intestinal polypeptide receptor complementary DNA, tissue distribution and chromosomal localization. Biol Reprod. 2001;64:1575-81 pubmed..Chicken VIPR shows high homology with mammalian type I VIPR but, in some part, possesses similarity of amino acid sequence. Expression of VIPR in various tissues supports diverse functions for VIP in the chicken. ..
- Hirano T, Sato T, Enei H. Isolation of genes specifically expressed in the fruit body of the edible basidiomycete Lentinula edodes. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2004;68:468-72 pubmed..This result indicates that the promoter region of fbg16 may become a powerful candidate for the expression signal of the vector for the gene manipulation in the mature fruit body...
- Sunohara T, Jojima K, Tagami H, Inada T, Aiba H. Ribosome stalling during translation elongation induces cleavage of mRNA being translated in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15368-75 pubmed..We propose that the mRNA cleavage induced by ribosome stalling acts in concert with the tmRNA system as a way to ensure quality control of protein synthesis and possibly to regulate the expression of certain genes. ..
- Hirose F, Yamaguchi M, Nishida Y, Masutani M, Miyazawa H, Hanaoka F, et al. Structure and expression during development of Drosophila melanogaster gene for DNA polymerase alpha. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:4991-8 pubmed..As the half life of the mRNA for DNA polymerase alpha in cultured Drosophila Kc cells was 15 min, expression of the DNA polymerase alpha gene is probably strictly regulated at the step of transcription. ..
- Yasui T, Fujita K, Sasaki S, Sato M, Sugimoto M, Hirota S, et al. Expression of bone matrix proteins in urolithiasis model rats. Urol Res. 1999;27:255-61 pubmed..The in situ hybridization demonstrated that the cell type expressing OPN mRNA was different from that expressing MGP. We suggest that OPN acts on calcification and MGP acts on suppression. ..
- Matsushika A, Kawamura M, Nakamura Y, Kato T, Murakami M, Yamashino T, et al. Characterization of circadian-associated pseudo-response regulators: II. The function of PRR5 and its molecular dissection in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:535-44 pubmed..Considering these and other results, we discuss the structure and function of PRR5 in the context of current views of the circadian clock in higher plants. ..
- Tominaga K, Johmura Y, Nishizuka M, Imagawa M. Fad24, a mammalian homolog of Noc3p, is a positive regulator in adipocyte differentiation. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6217-26 pubmed
- Ikeda S, Horio F, Kakinuma A. Ascorbic acid deficiency changes hepatic gene expression of acute phase proteins in scurvy-prone ODS rats. J Nutr. 1998;128:832-8 pubmed..These results suggest that ascorbic acid deficiency causes physiologic changes similar to those that occur in the acute phase response. ..
- Okochi O, Hibi K, Sakai M, Inoue S, Takeda S, Kaneko T, et al. Methylation-mediated silencing of SOCS-1 gene in hepatocellular carcinoma derived from cirrhosis. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:5295-8 pubmed..0207). SOCS-1 may be a novel tumor suppressor, and its aberrant methylation may be a key event for HCC transformation of cirrhotic nodules. ..
- Ikehara Y, Shimizu N, Kono M, Nishihara S, Nakanishi H, Kitamura T, et al. A novel glycosyltransferase with a polyglutamine repeat; a new candidate for GD1alpha synthase (ST6GalNAc V)(1). FEBS Lett. 1999;463:92-6 pubmed..Interestingly, the polyglutamine repeat number was different from that of inbred mice. We report the first glycosyltransferase with a polymorphic polyglutamine repeat. ..
- Takahashi S, Inaguma S, Sakakibara M, Cho Y, Suzuki S, Ikeda Y, et al. DNA methylation in the androgen receptor gene promoter region in rat prostate cancers. Prostate. 2002;52:82-8 pubmed..These data clearly demonstrate that aberrant hypermethylation in the AR promoter region may play a critical role in AR expression in rat prostate cancers. ..
- Tsuiki H, Asai K, Yamamoto M, Fujita K, Inoue Y, Kawai Y, et al. Cloning of a rat glia maturation factor-gamma (rGMFG) cDNA and expression of its mRNA and protein in rat organs. J Biochem. 2000;127:517-23 pubmed..9-kb mRNA is predominantly expressed in rat thymus, testis, and spleen. GMFG showed a different tissue distribution from GMFB, being present predominantly in proliferative and differentiative organs. ..
- Ogawa K, Nakanishi H, Takeshita F, Futakuchi M, Asamoto M, Imaida K, et al. Establishment of rat hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines with differing metastatic potential in nude mice. Int J Cancer. 2001;91:797-802 pubmed..A point mutation in the GSK-3beta phosphorylation site of the beta-catenin gene was found in L2. These transplantable HCC cell lines that have different metastatic ability should be useful for elucidation of mechanisms of metastasis. ..
- Johmura Y, Osada S, Nishizuka M, Imagawa M. FAD24, a regulator of adipogenesis, is required for the regulation of DNA replication in cell proliferation. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:1092-5 pubmed..fad24 plays positive roles in the proliferation of pre-confluent cells as well as adipogenesis. ..
- Fujii Y, Numata S, Nakamura Y, Honda T, Furukawa K, Urano T, et al. Murine glycosyltransferases responsible for the expression of globo-series glycolipids: cDNA structures, mRNA expression, and distribution of their products. Glycobiology. 2005;15:1257-67 pubmed..The expression patterns of two genes and their products almost corresponded with some exception. The results would provide essential information for the functional studies of globo-series glycolipids. ..
- Chen G, Muramatsu H, Ichihara Tanaka K, Muramatsu T. ZEC, a zinc finger protein with novel binding specificity and transcription regulatory activity. Gene. 2004;340:71-81 pubmed..Furthermore, co-transfection assays demonstrated that ZEC could activate a reporter luciferase gene driven by this DNA sequence. ..
- Tsukamoto H, Kato T, Enomoto A, Nakamura N, Shimono Y, Jijiwa M, et al. Expression of Ret finger protein correlates with outcomes in endometrial cancer. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1895-901 pubmed publisher..Positive RFP expression is a predictive marker for an unfavorable clinical outcome in patients with endometrial cancer. ..
- Mizoshita T, Inada K, Tsukamoto T, Kodera Y, Yamamura Y, Hirai T, et al. Expression of Cdx1 and Cdx2 mRNAs and relevance of this expression to differentiation in human gastrointestinal mucosa--with special emphasis on participation in intestinal metaplasia of the human stomach. Gastric Cancer. 2001;4:185-91 pubmed..The high levels of these mRNAs in IM mucosa associated with chronic atrophic gastritis point to an association with this phenotypic shift in the gastric mucosa. ..
- Yamamoto I, Tsukada A, Saito N, Shimada K. cDNA cloning and mRNA expression of Transformer 2 (Tra 2) in chicken embryo. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1579:185-8 pubmed..5 of incubation. These results suggest that the Tra 2 gene may play a role in organogenesis in the chicken embryo. ..
- Okamoto T, Iwase K, Niu R. Expression and localization of nm23-H1 in the human placenta. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2002;266:1-4 pubmed..These findings suggest that nm23-H1 is involved in the differentiation process of the trophoblast, and high levels of nm23-H1 expression seem to reflect the proliferating, less differentiated state of that reserve. ..
- Hibi Y, Nagaya T, Kambe F, Imai T, Funahashi H, Nakao A, et al. Is thyroid follicular cancer in Japanese caused by a specific t(2; 3)(q13; p25) translocation generating Pax8-PPAR gamma fusion mRNA?. Endocr J. 2004;51:361-6 pubmed..These findings are in contrast to previous reports and indicate that ethnic background may affect the translocation...
- Ota A, Tagawa H, Karnan S, Tsuzuki S, Karpas A, Kira S, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel gene, C13orf25, as a target for 13q31-q32 amplification in malignant lymphoma. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3087-95 pubmed..Transcript-B also contained seven mature microRNAs in its untranslated region. These results suggest that the C13orf25 gene is the most likely candidate gene for the 13q31-q32 amplicon found in hematopoietic malignancies. ..
- Fujitake S, Hibi K, Okochi O, Kodera Y, Ito K, Akiyama S, et al. Aberrant methylation of SOCS-1 was observed in younger colorectal cancer patients. J Gastroenterol. 2004;39:120-4 pubmed..048). These findings suggested that SOCS-1 may act as a tumor suppressor in at least some colorectal cancers and that SOCS-1 methylation may be a particular phenomenon related to a nearly onset of colorectal cancer. ..
- Sarkar D, Imai T, Kambe F, Shibata A, Ohmori S, Siddiq A, et al. The human homolog of Diminuto/Dwarf1 gene (hDiminuto): a novel ACTH-responsive gene overexpressed in benign cortisol-producing adrenocortical adenomas. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:5130-7 pubmed..We, therefore, hypothesize that hDiminuto might be involved in the molecular events of adrenocortical tumorigenesis by facilitating steroid synthesis and cell growth...
- Makino S, Matsushika A, Kojima M, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. The APRR1/TOC1 quintet implicated in circadian rhythms of Arabidopsis thaliana: I. Characterization with APRR1-overexpressing plants. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:58-69 pubmed..These results are discussed in relation to the current idea that APRR1 (TOC1) plays a role within, or close to, the Arabidopsis central oscillator. ..
- Kikuchi T, Yoshikai Y, Miyoshi J, Katsuki M, Musikacharoen T, Mitani A, et al. Cot/Tpl2 is essential for RANKL induction by lipid A in osteoblasts. J Dent Res. 2003;82:546-50 pubmed..These findings indicate that Cot/Tpl2 is essential for LPS-induced ERK activation and RANKL induction in osteoblasts. ..
- Nakamichi N, Murakami Kojima M, Sato E, Kishi Y, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. Compilation and characterization of a novel WNK family of protein kinases in Arabiodpsis thaliana with reference to circadian rhythms. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66:2429-36 pubmed..These results suggested that certain members of the WNK family of protein kinases might play roles in a mechanism that generates circadian rhythms in Arabidopsis. ..
- Takeuchi Y, Murata Y, Sadow P, Hayashi Y, Seo H, Xu J, et al. Steroid receptor coactivator-1 deficiency causes variable alterations in the modulation of T(3)-regulated transcription of genes in vivo. Endocrinology. 2002;143:1346-52 pubmed..SRC-1 appears to be involved not only in transcriptional activation by liganded TRs, but also in the suppression by liganded or unliganded TRs. Some of the effects of SRC-1 may be TR isoform specific. ..
- Kojima R, Sekine T, Kawachi M, Cha S, Suzuki Y, Endou H. Immunolocalization of multispecific organic anion transporters, OAT1, OAT2, and OAT3, in rat kidney. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2002;13:848-57 pubmed..These results on the distribution of each OAT isoform will facilitate the understanding of the role of OATs in the renal processing of organic anions. ..
- Asahina S, Sato C, Matsuno M, Matsuda T, Colley K, Kitajima K. Involvement of the alpha2,8-polysialyltransferases II/STX and IV/PST in the biosynthesis of polysialic acid chains on the O-linked glycoproteins in rainbow trout ovary. J Biochem. 2006;140:687-701 pubmed publisher..rtSTX-em was not expressed in ovary. These results suggest that the enhanced expression of rtSTX-ov under the co-expression with rtPST may be important for the biosynthesis of polySia on O-linked glycans of PSGP...
- Osada H, Tatematsu Y, Saito H, Yatabe Y, Mitsudomi T, Takahashi T. Reduced expression of class II histone deacetylase genes is associated with poor prognosis in lung cancer patients. Int J Cancer. 2004;112:26-32 pubmed..Results of clustering analyses imply that class II HDAC genes may be regulated by a similar mechanism and deregulated during cancer development. ..
- Hibi K, Fujitake S, Takase T, Kodera Y, Ito K, Akiyama S, et al. Identification of S100A2 as a target of the DeltaNp63 oncogenic pathway. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:4282-5 pubmed..Taken together, this evidence would seem to suggest that S100A2 is a novel downstream mediator of DeltaNp63. ..
- Shimada M, Namikawa Yamada C, Nakanishi M, Murakami H. Regulation of Cdc2p and Cdc13p is required for cell cycle arrest induced by defective RNA splicing in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32640-8 pubmed..The abundance of Cdc13p was reduced, and the phosphorylation of Cdc2p on tyrosine 15 was maintained in splicing-defective cells. These results suggest that regulation of Cdc13p and Cdc2p is required for G2 arrest in splicing mutants. ..
- Fukuda N, Ichihara M, Morinaga T, Kawai K, Hayashi H, Murakumo Y, et al. Identification of a novel glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor-inducible gene required for renal branching morphogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50386-92 pubmed
- Hibi K, Yamakawa K, Ueda R, Horio Y, Murata Y, Tamari M, et al. Aberrant upregulation of a novel integrin alpha subunit gene at 3p21.3 in small cell lung cancer. Oncogene. 1994;9:611-9 pubmed