Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular weight in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Topic: molecular weight
- Kamimoto T, Nagai Y, Onogi H, Muro Y, Wakabayashi T, Hagiwara M. Dymple, a novel dynamin-like high molecular weight GTPase lacking a proline-rich carboxyl-terminal domain in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:1044-51 pubmed..Our findings suggest that dymple may be the first example of such a subfamily in mammalian cells other than dynamin itself, although its precise role and membrane localization remain to be resolved. ..
- Hirako Y, Usukura J, Uematsu J, Hashimoto T, Kitajima Y, Owaribe K. Cleavage of BP180, a 180-kDa bullous pemphigoid antigen, yields a 120-kDa collagenous extracellular polypeptide. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:9711-7 pubmed
- Hua G, Tsukamoto K, Rasilo M, Ikezawa H. Molecular cloning of a GPI-anchored aminopeptidase N from Bombyx mori midgut: a putative receptor for Bacillus thuringiensis CryIA toxin. Gene. 1998;214:177-85 pubmed..Taken together, the deduced amino acid sequence suggests that the 110-kDa APN is a GPI-anchored protein and a specific receptor protein for B. thuringiensis CryIA delta-endotoxin...
- Nomata J, Swem L, Bauer C, Fujita Y. Overexpression and characterization of dark-operative protochlorophyllide reductase from Rhodobacter capsulatus. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1708:229-37 pubmed..These results provide a framework for the characterization of these components in detail, and further support a nitrogenase model of DPOR...
- Takeuchi N, Ouchida A, Kamei A. C-terminal truncation of alpha-crystallin in hereditary cataractous rat lens. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004;27:308-14 pubmed
- Hishikawa N, Niwa J, Doyu M, Ito T, Ishigaki S, Hashizume Y, et al. Dorfin localizes to the ubiquitylated inclusions in Parkinson's disease, dementia with Lewy bodies, multiple system atrophy, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Am J Pathol. 2003;163:609-19 pubmed
- Ando S, Yang H, Nozaki N, Okazaki T, Yoda K. CENP-A, -B, and -C chromatin complex that contains the I-type alpha-satellite array constitutes the prekinetochore in HeLa cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2229-41 pubmed..On the basis of these results, we propose that the CENP-A/B/C chromatin complex is selectively formed on the I-type alpha-satellite array and constitutes the prekinetochore in HeLa cells. ..
- Aoki N, Aoyama K, Nagata M, Matsuda T. A growing family of dual specificity phosphatases with low molecular masses. J Biochem. 2001;130:133-40 pubmed..Taken together, it is conceivable that a distinct class of low molecular mass DSPs is present and plays a role in dephosphorylating unknown molecules other than MAP kinases. ..
- Nikai T, Suzuki Y, Komori Y, Sugihara H. Edema factor from the venom of Trimeresurus elegans (Sakishimahabu). J Nat Toxins. 2000;9:147-58 pubmed..The A alpha, B beta, and gamma chains of human fibrinogen were also hydrolyzed. The edema factor was found to contain 1 mol of zinc and 2 mols of calcium per mol of protein and the amino-terminal sequence was determined...
- Takahashi Y, Yamaguchi M, Hirose F, Cotterill S, Kobayashi J, Miyajima S, et al. DNA replication-related elements cooperate to enhance promoter activity of the drosophila DNA polymerase alpha 73-kDa subunit gene. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:14541-7 pubmed..The results indicate that the three DREF-binding sites cooperate to enhance promoter activity of the DNA polymerase alpha 73-kDa subunit gene. ..
- Ujiie A, Nakano H, Iwasaki Y. Extracellular production of Pseudozyma (Candida) antarctica lipase B with genuine primary sequence in recombinant Escherichia coli. J Biosci Bioeng. 2016;121:303-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first example of E.Â coli-based extracellular production of a CALB enzyme without extra amino acid residues. ..
- Kishi J, Ogawa K, Yamamoto S, Hayakawa T. Purification and characterization of a new tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP-2) from mouse colon 26 tumor cells. Matrix. 1991;11:10-6 pubmed..NH2-Terminal protein sequence data were obtained for the first 36 residues of the colon 26 inhibitor, and the first 20 of them exhibited a sequence almost identical with that of a new TIMP recently designated as TIMP-2. ..
- Nikai T, Taniguchi K, Komori Y, Masuda K, Fox J, Sugihara H. Primary structure and functional characterization of bilitoxin-1, a novel dimeric P-II snake venom metalloproteinase from Agkistrodon bilineatus venom. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2000;378:6-15 pubmed..Biochemistry 32, 282-289 (1993)). In summary, here we report the first primary structure of a dimeric, P-II snake venom metalloproteinase and the biological role of bilitoxin-1 glycosylation and the disintegrin domain...
- Kanamori T, Suzuki M, Titani K. Complete amino acid sequences and phosphorylation sites, determined by Edman degradation and mass spectrometry, of rat parotid destrin- and cofilin-like proteins. Arch Oral Biol. 1998;43:955-67 pubmed
- Yamaguchi M, Hayashi Y, Hirose F, Nishimoto Y, Matsukage A. Distinct roles of E2F recognition sites as positive or negative elements in regulation of the DNA polymerase alpha 180 kDa catalytic subunit gene promoter during Drosophila development. Nucleic Acids Res. 1997;25:3847-54 pubmed..Thus E2F sites play distinct roles as positive or negative elements in regulation of the DNA polymerase alpha gene promoter during Drosophila development. ..
- Hirako Y, Usukura J, Nishizawa Y, Owaribe K. Demonstration of the molecular shape of BP180, a 180-kDa bullous pemphigoid antigen and its potential for trimer formation. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:13739-45 pubmed..In conclusion, the present demonstration of the entire configuration of BP180, with a collagen-like trimer in its extracellular part, suggests that BP180 is one of the major components of anchoring filaments. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Takahashi I, Ogata N, Nakazawa K. Purification and characterization of N-acetylglucosaminyl sulfotransferase from chick corneas. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2001;392:87-92 pubmed..It appears that this enzyme competes with beta-galactosyltransferase in binding to the nonreducing GlcNAc residue on KS synthesis; this suggests that the sulfation of the GlcNAc residue is coupled with the elongation of the KS chain. ..
- Kitaguchi K, Osada K, Horio F, Murai A. Exclusion of polymeric immunoglobulins and selective immunoglobulin Y transport that recognizes its Fc region in avian ovarian follicles. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2008;121:290-9 pubmed..These results suggest the presence of a selective IgY transport system that recognizes its Fc region in avian ovarian follicles. ..
- Xiong L, Sekiya E, Wada S, Saito K. Facile catalytic combustion of rice husk and burning temperature dependence of the ashes. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2009;1:2509-18 pubmed publisher..A decreased complete rice husk combustion temperature can be beneficial in preparing porous amorphous silica with high surface area, high densification, and small Si-O-Si band angles. ..
- Nikai T, Katano E, Komori Y, Sugihara H. Beta-fibrinogenase from the venom of Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. Comp Biochem Physiol B. 1988;89:509-15 pubmed..7. The Michaelis constant (Km) of this enzyme for TAME and inhibition constant (Ki) for DFP were found to be 7.04 X 10(-3) and 4.13 X 10(-3) M, respectively. ..
- Kobae Y, Uemura T, Sato M, Ohnishi M, Mimura T, Nakagawa T, et al. Zinc transporter of Arabidopsis thaliana AtMTP1 is localized to vacuolar membranes and implicated in zinc homeostasis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:1749-58 pubmed..Thus we propose that AtMTP1 is localized in the vacuolar membrane and is involved in sequestration of excess Zn in the cytoplasm into vacuoles to maintain Zn homeostasis. ..
- Katou S, Yoshioka H, Kawakita K, Rowland O, Jones J, Mori H, et al. Involvement of PPS3 phosphorylated by elicitor-responsive mitogen-activated protein kinases in the regulation of plant cell death. Plant Physiol. 2005;139:1914-26 pubmed publisher..This work strongly supports the idea that PPS3 is a physiological substrate of StMPK1 and is involved in cell death activated by a MAPK cascade...
- Ichihara S, Fujimoto T, Hashimoto K, Moritani S, Hasegawa M, Yokoi T. Double immunostaining with p63 and high-molecular-weight cytokeratins distinguishes borderline papillary lesions of the breast. Pathol Int. 2007;57:126-32 pubmed..The present data suggest that the double immunostaining with the two popular antibodies p63 and HMWCK is a useful tool for reproducible classification of papillary breast lesions. ..
- Fujita M, Kiyono T, Hayashi Y, Ishibashi M. hCDC47, a human member of the MCM family. Dissociation of the nucleus-bound form during S phase. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:4349-54 pubmed..Together, these findings indicate that hCDC47 protein together with other MCM proteins participates in the regulation of mammalian DNA replication. ..