Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications143 found, 100 shown here
- Inuzuka T, Suzuki H, Kawasaki M, Shibata H, Wakatsuki S, Maki M. Molecular basis for defect in Alix-binding by alternatively spliced isoform of ALG-2 (ALG-2DeltaGF122) and structural roles of F122 in target recognition. BMC Struct Biol. 2010;10:25 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a residue at the position of F122 contributes to target specificity and a smaller side chain is preferable for Alix binding but not favored to bind annexin A11. ..
- Oba Y, Yoshida M, Shintani T, Furuhashi M, Inouye S. Firefly luciferase genes from the subfamilies Psilocladinae and Ototretinae (Lampyridae, Coleoptera). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;161:110-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the primary structures and enzymatic properties of luciferases are conserved in Lampyridae, but the luminescence colors were red-shifted in nocturnal species compared to diurnal species...
- Nakamura Y, Haines N, Chen J, Okajima T, Furukawa K, Urano T, et al. Identification of a Drosophila gene encoding xylosylprotein beta4-galactosyltransferase that is essential for the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans and for morphogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:46280-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that Drosophila beta4GalT7 has the in vitro and in vivo properties predicted for an ortholog of human beta4GalT7 and is essential for normal animal development through its role in proteoglycan biosynthesis. ..
- Musikacharoen T, Yoshikai Y, Matsuguchi T. Histone acetylation and activation of cAMP-response element-binding protein regulate transcriptional activation of MKP-M in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9167-75 pubmed..Altogether, our data indicated that the activation of mkp-M gene transcription in macrophages by LPS is associated with histone acetylation and chromatin remodeling. ..
- Ueda T, Ugawa S, Yamamura H, Imaizumi Y, Shimada S. Functional interaction between T2R taste receptors and G-protein alpha subunits expressed in taste receptor cells. J Neurosci. 2003;23:7376-80 pubmed..The present Galpha16-based chimeras could be useful tools to analyze the functions of many orphan G-protein-coupled taste receptors. ..
- Fujii Y, Numata S, Nakamura Y, Honda T, Furukawa K, Urano T, et al. Murine glycosyltransferases responsible for the expression of globo-series glycolipids: cDNA structures, mRNA expression, and distribution of their products. Glycobiology. 2005;15:1257-67 pubmed..The expression patterns of two genes and their products almost corresponded with some exception. The results would provide essential information for the functional studies of globo-series glycolipids. ..
- Yoine M, Ohto M, Onai K, Mita S, Nakamura K. The lba1 mutation of UPF1 RNA helicase involved in nonsense-mediated mRNA decay causes pleiotropic phenotypic changes and altered sugar signalling in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2006;47:49-62 pubmed..The lba1 mutant provides a good tool for studying NMD in plants. ..
- Inoue N, Matsuda Minehata F, Goto Y, Sakamaki K, Manabe N. Molecular characteristics of porcine Fas-associated death domain (FADD) and procaspase-8. J Reprod Dev. 2007;53:427-36 pubmed..However when caspase-inhibitor p35 was cotransfected, cell death was inhibited. The pFADD and pprocaspase-8 genes are well conserved, as are the physiological functions of their products. ..
- Takagishi Y, Murata Y. Myosin Va mutation in rats is an animal model for the human hereditary neurological disease, Griscelli syndrome type 1. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1086:66-80 pubmed..They also contribute to our understanding of the neurological disease mechanisms of the human hereditary disease Griscelli syndrome type 1, which is caused by mutation of the Myo5a gene. ..
- Kojima M, Kubo R, Yakushi T, Homma M, Kawagishi I. The bidirectional polar and unidirectional lateral flagellar motors of Vibrio alginolyticus are controlled by a single CheY species. Mol Microbiol. 2007;64:57-67 pubmed
- Otaka H, Ishikawa H, Morita T, Aiba H. PolyU tail of rho-independent terminator of bacterial small RNAs is essential for Hfq action. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:13059-64 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the polyU tail of sRNAs is essential for Hfq action in general. The data also indicate that the terminator polyU tail plays a role in Hfq-dependent stabilization of sRNAs. ..
- Taniguchi Y, Nishikawa T, Kondo T, Oyama T. Overexpression of lalA, a paralog of labA, is capable of affecting both circadian gene expression and cell growth in the cyanobacterium Synechococcus elongatus PCC 7942. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:753-9 pubmed publisher..These results imply that lalA is capable of affecting circadian gene expression and cell growth. ..
- Negishi T, Oshima K, Hattori M, Yoshida K. Plasma membrane-localized Al-transporter from blue hydrangea sepals is a member of the anion permease family. Genes Cells. 2013;18:341-52 pubmed publisher..The over-expression of HmPALT2 in Arabidopsis resulted in aluminum-hypersensitivity, suggesting that HmPALT2 should work as an aluminum transporter into cells in planta...
- Tsujimoto R, Kamiya N, Fujita Y. Transcriptional regulators ChlR and CnfR are essential for diazotrophic growth in nonheterocystous cyanobacteria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:6762-7 pubmed publisher..We propose to rename the patB homolog as cnfR, after cyanobacterial nitrogen fixation regulator. ..
- Hirose F, Yamaguchi M, Matsukage A. Repression of regulatory factor for Drosophila DNA replication-related gene promoters by zerknüllt homeodomain protein. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:2937-42 pubmed..These results suggest that the Zen protein represses expression of DNA replication-related genes by reducing DREF, although the detailed mechanism of the repression remains to be elucidated. ..
- Kato M, Watanabe Y, Iino S, Takaoka Y, Kobayashi S, Haga T, et al. Cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding a new neurocalcin isoform (neurocalcin alpha) from bovine brain. Biochem J. 1998;331 ( Pt 3):871-6 pubmed..These data demonstrate that NC isoforms differ in their tissue distribution and conformational changes induced by Ca2+ binding. Thus differential regulation of the two NC isoforms may be involved in control of neuron function. ..
- Matsushima Y, Nagabukuro A, Matsuda Y, Kitagawa Y. Cloning and genomic mapping of the mouse matrin 3 gene and its pseudogenes. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1998;81:194-8 pubmed..The other pseudogene has a sequence only 80% identical to rat cDNA and is partially deleted and reversed. These pseudogenes were localized to Chromosome 4E2 and 8D2, respectively. ..
- Maehara A, Ueda S, Nakano H, Yamane T. Analyses of a polyhydroxyalkanoic acid granule-associated 16-kilodalton protein and its putative regulator in the pha locus of Paracoccus denitrificans. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:2914-21 pubmed..The phaRPd gene had significant similarities to stdC, a possible transcriptional factor of Comamonas testosteroni, as well as to other ORFs of unknown function previously found in other PHA-synthetic bacteria...
- Hamada A, Hibino T, Nakamura T, Takabe T. Na+/H+ antiporter from Synechocystis species PCC 6803, homologous to SOS1, contains an aspartic residue and long C-terminal tail important for the carrier activity. Plant Physiol. 2001;125:437-46 pubmed..Thus, it appeared that the SynNhaP would provide a model system for the study of structural and functional properties of eucaryotic Na(+)/H(+) antiporters. ..
- Tadauchi T, Matsumoto K, Herskowitz I, Irie K. Post-transcriptional regulation through the HO 3'-UTR by Mpt5, a yeast homolog of Pumilio and FBF. EMBO J. 2001;20:552-61 pubmed..These observations suggest that the yeast Puf homolog, Mpt5, negatively regulates HO expression post-transcriptionally. ..
- Aoshima T, Kajita M, Sekido Y, Kikuchi S, Yasuda I, Saheki T, et al. Novel mutations (H337R and 238-362del) in the CPS1 gene cause carbamoyl phosphate synthetase I deficiency. Hum Hered. 2001;52:99-101 pubmed
- Aoshima T, Kajita M, Sekido Y, Ishiguro Y, Tsuge I, Kimura M, et al. Mutation analysis in a patient with succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase deficiency: a compound heterozygote with 103-121del and 1460T > A of the ALDH5A1 gene. Hum Hered. 2002;53:42-4 pubmed..Both mutations were also detected in the genomic DNA. Taken together with previous mutation reports, genetic heterogeneity was suspected for SSADH deficiency, and may account for the wide range of its phenotype. ..
- Kurbanov F, Tanaka Y, Sugauchi F, Kato H, Ruzibakiev R, Zalyalieva M, et al. Hepatitis C virus molecular epidemiology in Uzbekistan. J Med Virol. 2003;69:367-75 pubmed
- Muramatsu T, Miyauchi T. Basigin (CD147): a multifunctional transmembrane protein involved in reproduction, neural function, inflammation and tumor invasion. Histol Histopathol. 2003;18:981-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the association of Bsg with integrins might be important in signaling through Bsg. ..
- Ito K, Tanaka T, Hatta R, Yamamoto M, Akimitsu K, Tsuge T. Dissection of the host range of the fungal plant pathogen Alternaria alternata by modification of secondary metabolism. Mol Microbiol. 2004;52:399-411 pubmed..These mutants were found to produce AF-toxin II, but not AF-toxin I. These data represent a novel example of how the host range of a plant pathogenic fungus can be restricted by modification of secondary metabolism. ..
- Suzuki M, Kondo F, Ito Y, Matsumoto M, Hata M, Oka H, et al. Identification of a Shiga-toxin type I variant containing an IS1203-like element, from Shiga-toxin producing Escherichia coli O157:H7. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2004;234:63-7 pubmed publisher..Toxicity of the Stx1 was confirmed by Vero cell assay. IS1203v(1) hardly affected the stx(1) gene in either its expression or the toxicity of its product...
- Kiba T, Aoki K, Sakakibara H, Mizuno T. Arabidopsis response regulator, ARR22, ectopic expression of which results in phenotypes similar to the wol cytokinin-receptor mutant. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:1063-77 pubmed..These results suggested that ARR22 might also be implicated, directly or indirectly, in the cytokinin-responsive His-->Asp phophorelay signal transduction. ..
- Ichikawa K, Sugita M, Imaizumi T, Wada M, Aoki S. Differential expression on a daily basis of plastid sigma factor genes from the moss Physcomitrella patens. Regulatory interactions among PpSig5, the circadian clock, and blue light signaling mediated by cryptochromes. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:4285-98 pubmed
- Yukawa Y, Felis M, Englert M, Stojanov M, Matousek J, Beier H, et al. Plant 7SL RNA genes belong to type 4 of RNA polymerase III- dependent genes that are composed of mixed promoters. Plant J. 2005;43:97-106 pubmed
- Sasaki H, Kawano O, Endo K, Suzuki E, Haneda H, Yukiue H, et al. Uncommon V599E BRAF mutations in Japanese patients with lung cancer. J Surg Res. 2006;133:203-6 pubmed..All three genes mutations were predominantly found in female nonsmoking subjects with adenocarcinomas. However, completely exclusive mutation status would help us to choose custom-made molecular target therapy for the lung cancer. ..
- Torikai H, Akatsuka Y, Miyazaki M, Tsujimura A, Yatabe Y, Kawase T, et al. The human cathepsin H gene encodes two novel minor histocompatibility antigen epitopes restricted by HLA-A*3101 and -A*3303. Br J Haematol. 2006;134:406-16 pubmed..Although the mechanisms involved in the differential susceptibility remain to be determined, these data suggest that CTSH-encoded mHags could be targets for GVL effects. ..
- Suzuki H, Kawasaki M, Inuzuka T, Okumura M, Kakiuchi T, Shibata H, et al. Structural basis for Ca2+ -dependent formation of ALG-2/Alix peptide complex: Ca2+/EF3-driven arginine switch mechanism. Structure. 2008;16:1562-73 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, together with the results of in vitro binding assay with mutant ALG-2 and Alix proteins, we propose a Ca(2+)/EF3-driven arginine switch mechanism for ALG-2 binding to Alix. ..
- Okuda S, Tsutsui H, Shiina K, Sprunck S, Takeuchi H, Yui R, et al. Defensin-like polypeptide LUREs are pollen tube attractants secreted from synergid cells. Nature. 2009;458:357-61 pubmed publisher..Injection of morpholino antisense oligomers against the LUREs impaired pollen tube attraction, supporting the finding that LUREs are the attractants derived from the synergid cells of T. fournieri. ..
- Hasegawa Y, Iwami J, Sato K, Park Y, Nishikawa K, Atsumi T, et al. Anchoring and length regulation of Porphyromonas gingivalis Mfa1 fimbriae by the downstream gene product Mfa2. Microbiology. 2009;155:3333-47 pubmed publisher..Two additional downstream genes (pgn0289 and pgn0290) are co-transcribed with mfa1 (pgn0287) and mfa2 (pgn0288), and proteins derived from pgn0289, pgn0290 and pgn0291 appear to be accessory fimbrial components. ..
- Ohtsuka H, Azuma K, Murakami H, Aiba H. hsf1 (+) extends chronological lifespan through Ecl1 family genes in fission yeast. Mol Genet Genomics. 2011;285:67-77 pubmed publisher..From these results, we suggest that HSF is a conserved regulator of lifespan, at least in yeast and nematode, and Ecl1 family genes such as YGR146C and ecl2 (+) are the direct targets of Hsf1 and mediate lifespan extension by Hsf1...
- Fukushima Y, Iwaki M, Narikawa R, Ikeuchi M, Tomita Y, Itoh S. Photoconversion mechanism of a green/red photosensory cyanobacteriochrome AnPixJ: time-resolved optical spectroscopy and FTIR analysis of the AnPixJ-GAF2 domain. Biochemistry. 2011;50:6328-39 pubmed publisher..The interactions of the phycocyanobilin chromophore with the surrounding amino acid residues, which are fairly different from those in the GAF domain of phytochromes, realize the unique green/red photocycle of AnPixJ. ..
- Yamawaki S, Yamashino T, Nakanishi H, Mizuno T. Functional characterization of HY5 homolog genes involved in early light-signaling in Physcomitrella patens. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:1533-9 pubmed..patens under light and dark conditions. These results suggest that the function of HY5-homologs in P. patens is evolutionarily conserved, and is implicated in a process of caulonema development. ..
- Fujii M, Toyoda T, Nakanishi H, Yatabe Y, Sato A, Matsudaira Y, et al. TGF-? synergizes with defects in the Hippo pathway to stimulate human malignant mesothelioma growth. J Exp Med. 2012;209:479-94 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that CTGF is an important modulator of MM growth and pathology and represents a novel therapeutic target for this disease. ..
- Ogami K, Cho R, Hoshino S. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel isoform of the non-canonical poly(A) polymerase PAPD7. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;432:135-40 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PAPD7 l is the major and active isoform of PAPD7 expressed in cells. ..
- Rahman M, Masuda A, Ohe K, Ito M, Hutchinson D, Mayeda A, et al. HnRNP L and hnRNP LL antagonistically modulate PTB-mediated splicing suppression of CHRNA1 pre-mRNA. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2931 pubmed publisher..HnRNP L and hnRNP LL thus antagonistically modulate PTB-mediated splicing suppression of exon P3A. ..
- Kumazawa Y, Nishida M. Molecular phylogeny of osteoglossoids: a new model for Gondwanian origin and plate tectonic transportation of the Asian arowana. Mol Biol Evol. 2000;17:1869-78 pubmed publisher..This study also implicates the relatively long absence of osteoglossiform fossil records from the Mesozoic...
- Kojima K, Mizukami H, Tazawa T, Nose M, Inoue M, Ogihara Y. Long-term administration of "sho-saiko-to" increases cytochrome P-450 mRNA level in mouse liver. Biol Pharm Bull. 1998;21:426-8 pubmed..This result indicates the usefulness of the mRNA differential display technique to investigate the molecular mechanism of Kampo medicine. ..
- Tachikui H, Kurosawa N, Kadomatsu K, Muramatsu T. Genomic organization and promoter activity of embigin, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. Gene. 1999;240:325-32 pubmed..Deletion analysis of the 3.5kb DNA fragment revealed that the region between -125 to +1, containing a single Sp1 binding site, is essential for transcription of the embigin gene. ..
- Sato T, Miwa T, Akatsu H, Matsukawa N, Obata K, Okada N, et al. Pro-carboxypeptidase R is an acute phase protein in the mouse, whereas carboxypeptidase N is not. J Immunol. 2000;165:1053-8 pubmed..In view of the ability of proCPR to also inhibit fibrinolysis, an excess of proCPR induced by LPS may contribute to hypofibrinolysis in patients suffering from disseminated intravascular coagulation caused by sepsis. ..
- Murata T, Morita N, Hikita K, Kiuchi K, Kiuchi K, Kaneda N. Recruitment of mRNA-destabilizing protein TIS11 to stress granules is mediated by its zinc finger domain. Exp Cell Res. 2005;303:287-99 pubmed..These results suggest that recruitment of TIS11 to heat shock-induced SG is governed by the tandem zinc finger domains of this protein. ..
- Oba Y, Sato M, Inouye S. Cloning and characterization of the homologous genes of firefly luciferase in the mealworm beetle, Tenebrio molitor. Insect Mol Biol. 2006;15:293-9 pubmed..The transcripts were detected through the developmental stages in T. molitor. These results suggested that firefly luciferase was evolved from a fatty acyl-coenzyme A synthetase by gene duplications in the insect. ..
- Ogami K, Hosoda N, Funakoshi Y, Hoshino S. Antiproliferative protein Tob directly regulates c-myc proto-oncogene expression through cytoplasmic polyadenylation element-binding protein CPEB. Oncogene. 2014;33:55-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tob appears to function in the control of cell growth at least, in part, by regulating the expression of c-myc. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Hirose F, Nishimoto Y, Naruge T, Ikeda M, Hachiya T, et al. Expression patterns of DNA replication enzymes and the regulatory factor DREF during Drosophila development analyzed with specific antibodies. Biol Cell. 1995;85:147-55 pubmed..Since DNA polymerase alpha, epsilon and PCNA are hardly detectable in adult males, DREF very likely regulates genes other than those closely linked to DNA replication in adult males. ..
- Ueno Y, Ishikawa T, Watanabe K, Terakura S, Iwakawa H, Okada K, et al. Histone deacetylases and ASYMMETRIC LEAVES2 are involved in the establishment of polarity in leaves of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:445-57 pubmed
- Masada S, Terasaka K, Oguchi Y, Okazaki S, Mizushima T, Mizukami H. Functional and structural characterization of a flavonoid glucoside 1,6-glucosyltransferase from Catharanthus roseus. Plant Cell Physiol. 2009;50:1401-15 pubmed publisher..These results provide basic information for understanding and engineering the catalytic functions of sugar-sugar glycosyltransferases involved in biosynthesis of plant glycosides. ..
- Sun X, Takagishi Y, Okabe E, Chishima Y, Kanou Y, Murase S, et al. A novel Caspr mutation causes the shambling mouse phenotype by disrupting axoglial interactions of myelinated nerves. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2009;68:1207-18 pubmed publisher..These abnormalities likely contribute to the neurological phenotype of the mutant mice. ..
- Matsushika A, Mizuno T. Characterization of three putative sub-domains in the signal-input domain of the ArcB hybrid sensor in Escherichia coli(1). J Biochem. 2000;127:855-60 pubmed..The results are discussed with special reference to the nature of the ArcB anaerobic sensor. ..
- Iwamura K, Furukawa K, Uchikawa M, Sojka B, Kojima Y, Wiels J, et al. The blood group P1 synthase gene is identical to the Gb3/CD77 synthase gene. A clue to the solution of the P1/P2/p puzzle. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44429-38 pubmed..Differences in the transcriptional regulation in erythrocytes might be a major factor determining P1/P2. ..
- Ishikawa D, Yamamoto H, Tamura Y, Moritoh K, Endo T. Two novel proteins in the mitochondrial outer membrane mediate beta-barrel protein assembly. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:621-7 pubmed..Depletion of Tom13 or Tom38/Sam35 affects assembly pathways of the beta-barrel proteins differently, suggesting that they mediate different steps of the complex assembly processes of beta-barrel proteins in the outer membrane. ..
- Ohno M, Natsume A, Kondo Y, Iwamizu H, Motomura K, Toda H, et al. The modulation of microRNAs by type I IFN through the activation of signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 in human glioma. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:2022-30 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the importance of understanding the transcriptional regulation of the miRNAs involved in oncogenesis. ..
- Kitomi Y, Ito H, Hobo T, Aya K, Kitano H, Inukai Y. The auxin responsive AP2/ERF transcription factor CROWN ROOTLESS5 is involved in crown root initiation in rice through the induction of OsRR1, a type-A response regulator of cytokinin signaling. Plant J. 2011;67:472-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that auxin-induced CRL5 promotes crown root initiation through repression of cytokinin signaling by positively regulating type-A RR, OsRR1. ..
- Ogawa D, Abe K, Miyao A, Kojima M, Sakakibara H, Mizutani M, et al. RSS1 regulates the cell cycle and maintains meristematic activity under stress conditions in rice. Nat Commun. 2011;2:278 pubmed publisher..RSS1 is conserved widely in plant lineages, except eudicots, suggesting that RSS1-dependent mechanisms might have been adopted in specific lineages during the evolutionary radiation of angiosperms...
- Adachi Yamada T, Nakamura M, Irie K, Tomoyasu Y, Sano Y, Mori E, et al. p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase can be involved in transforming growth factor beta superfamily signal transduction in Drosophila wing morphogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2322-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate that p38, in addition to its role as a transducer of emergency stress signaling, may function to modulate Dpp signaling. ..
- Fukumoto S, Miyazaki H, Goto G, Urano T, Furukawa K. Expression cloning of mouse cDNA of CMP-NeuAc:Lactosylceramide alpha2,3-sialyltransferase, an enzyme that initiates the synthesis of gangliosides. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:9271-6 pubmed..Among various mouse tissues, brain, liver, and testis showed relatively high expression of a 2.3-kilobase mRNA, whereas all tissues, more or less, expressed this gene. ..
- Aoyama K, Mitsubayashi Y, Aiba H, Mizuno T. Spy1, a histidine-containing phosphotransfer signaling protein, regulates the fission yeast cell cycle through the Mcs4 response regulator. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:4868-74 pubmed..In the proposed model, Spy1 modulates Mcs4 in a negative manner, presumably through a direct His-to-Asp phosphorelay, operating upstream of the Sty1 mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade. ..
- Inoue H, Tateno M, Fujimura Kamada K, Takaesu G, Adachi Yamada T, Ninomiya Tsuji J, et al. A Drosophila MAPKKK, D-MEKK1, mediates stress responses through activation of p38 MAPK. EMBO J. 2001;20:5421-30 pubmed..These results suggest that D-MEKK1 regulation of the p38 MAPK pathway is critical for the response to environmental stresses in Drosophila. ..
- Ishikawa T, Machida C, Yoshioka Y, Ueda T, Nakano A, Machida Y. EMBRYO YELLOW gene, encoding a subunit of the conserved oligomeric Golgi complex, is required for appropriate cell expansion and meristem organization in Arabidopsis thaliana. Genes Cells. 2008;13:521-35 pubmed publisher..We propose that some Golgi-localized proteins, distributions of which are controlled by EYE, play important roles in expansion of cells and organs, and in formation of the properly organized SAM in plants. ..
- Yamada N, Sakakibara S, Tsutsumi K, Waditee R, Tanaka Y, Takabe T. Expression and substrate specificity of betaine/proline transporters suggest a novel choline transport mechanism in sugar beet. J Plant Physiol. 2011;168:1609-16 pubmed publisher..Additionally, in situ hybridization experiments revealed the localization of sugar beet BvBet/ProT1 in phloem and xylem parenchyma cells. ..
- Nishida Y, Hata M, Ayaki T, Ryo H, Yamagata M, Shimizu K, et al. Proliferation of both somatic and germ cells is affected in the Drosophila mutants of raf proto-oncogene. EMBO J. 1988;7:775-81 pubmed..Maternal effects on embryogenesis indicated that Draf-1 is also required in early larval development. ..
- Motegi M, Yonezumi M, Suzuki H, Suzuki R, Hosokawa Y, Hosaka S, et al. API2-MALT1 chimeric transcripts involved in mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue type lymphoma predict heterogeneous products. Am J Pathol. 2000;156:807-12 pubmed..Thus, the RT-PCR assay used here should serve as an effective molecular tool for understanding molecular pathogenesis and the clinical significance of API2-MALT1 for MALT lymphomas. ..
- Nakayama A, Odajima T, Murakami H, Mori N, Takahashi M. Characterization of two promoters that regulate alternative transcripts in the microtubule-associated protein (MAP) 1A gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1518:260-6 pubmed..In addition, an NF-1 site, an HNF3B site, and an AP-1/ATF site were necessary for basal promoter activity of the intronic promoter. Our data provide insight into the regulatory mechanisms that govern the expression of the MAP1A gene. ..
- Hamamura K, Tsuji M, Ohkawa Y, Nakashima H, Miyazaki S, Urano T, et al. Focal adhesion kinase as well as p130Cas and paxillin is crucially involved in the enhanced malignant properties under expression of ganglioside GD3 in melanoma cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1780:513-9 pubmed..Molecules linking GD3 and FAK such as integrins in the enhanced signaling pathway remain to be investigated. ..
- Masuda A, Shen X, Ito M, Matsuura T, Engel A, Ohno K. hnRNP H enhances skipping of a nonfunctional exon P3A in CHRNA1 and a mutation disrupting its binding causes congenital myasthenic syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:4022-35 pubmed publisher..Our findings imply that the presence of the hnRNP H-binding motif close to the 3' end of an intron is an essential but underestimated splicing regulator of the downstream exon. ..
- Tsunashima H, Miyake K, Motono M, Iijima S. Organization of the capsule biosynthesis gene locus of the oral streptococcus Streptococcus anginosus. J Biosci Bioeng. 2012;113:271-8 pubmed publisher..gordonii and S. sanguinis. However, the location of the gene cluster was different from those of S. pneumonia and S. agalactiae...
- Goto H, Yasui Y, Kawajiri A, Nigg E, Terada Y, Tatsuka M, et al. Aurora-B regulates the cleavage furrow-specific vimentin phosphorylation in the cytokinetic process. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8526-30 pubmed..Our findings indicate that Aurora-B regulates the cleavage furrow-specific vimentin phosphorylation and controls vimentin filament segregation in cytokinetic process. ..
- Chen G, Sakuma K, Kannagi R. Significance of NF-kappaB/GATA axis in tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced expression of 6-sulfated cell recognition glycans in human T-lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34563-70 pubmed publisher..In line with this, in vitro differentiation of human T cells to Th2 cells was found to significantly induce GlcNAc6ST-1 transcription and 6-sulfated glycan expression. ..
- Ikehara Y, Shimizu N, Kono M, Nishihara S, Nakanishi H, Kitamura T, et al. A novel glycosyltransferase with a polyglutamine repeat; a new candidate for GD1alpha synthase (ST6GalNAc V)(1). FEBS Lett. 1999;463:92-6 pubmed..Interestingly, the polyglutamine repeat number was different from that of inbred mice. We report the first glycosyltransferase with a polymorphic polyglutamine repeat. ..
- Chen Y, Fukuoka S, Makino S. A novel spore peptidoglycan hydrolase of Bacillus cereus: biochemical characterization and nucleotide sequence of the corresponding gene, sleL. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:1499-506 pubmed..The B. subtilis genome sequence contains genes, yaaH and ydhD, which encode putative proteins showing similarity to SleL. ..
- Muramatsu H, Tachikui H, Ushida H, Song X, Qiu Y, Yamamoto S, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of endo-beta-N-acetylglucosaminidase D, which acts on the core structure of complex type asparagine-linked oligosaccharides. J Biochem. 2001;129:923-8 pubmed..pneumoniae and has an LPXTG motif typical of surface-associated proteins of Gram-positive bacteria. It is possible that Endo D is located on the surface of the bacterium and, together with other glycosidases, is involved in virulence...
- Hashimoto Y, Akita H, Hibino M, Kohri K, Nakanishi M. Identification and characterization of Nek6 protein kinase, a potential human homolog of NIMA histone H3 kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:753-8 pubmed..Thus, these results suggest that, unlike other mammalian NIMA-related kinases, Nek6 is a mitotic histone kinase which regulates chromatin condensation in mammalian cells. ..
- Asamitsu K, Tetsuka T, Kanazawa S, Okamoto T. RING finger protein AO7 supports NF-kappaB-mediated transcription by interacting with the transactivation domain of the p65 subunit. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:26879-87 pubmed..These data suggest that AO7 interacts with the p65 TAD and modulates its transcriptional activity. ..
- Ogawa Y, Sugiura K, Watanabe A, Kunimatsu M, Mishima M, Tomita Y, et al. Autoantigenicity of DFS70 is restricted to the conformational epitope of C-terminal alpha-helical domain. J Autoimmun. 2004;23:221-31 pubmed..We propose that anti-DFS70 antibody may be a natural autoantibody, which might modify or reflect the inflammatory process of various disorders. ..
- Inoue N, Sasagawa K, Ikai K, Sasaki Y, Tomikawa J, Oishi S, et al. Kisspeptin neurons mediate reflex ovulation in the musk shrew (Suncus murinus). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:17527-32 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that kisspeptin-GPR54 signaling plays a role in the induction of ovulation in the musk shrew, a reflex ovulator, as it does in spontaneous ovulators. ..
- Miyazaki T, Kanou Y, Murata Y, Ohmori S, Niwa T, Maeda K, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel thyroid hormone-responsive gene, ZAKI-4, in human skin fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:14567-71 pubmed..No homologous protein sequence was found in a data base. Elucidation of the function of ZAKI-4 gene product will provide new insights into an important role of T3 in various organs. ..
- Katoh H, Hagino N, Ogawa T. Iron-binding activity of FutA1 subunit of an ABC-type iron transporter in the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. Strain PCC 6803. Plant Cell Physiol. 2001;42:823-7 pubmed..High concentrations of citrate inhibited ferric iron uptake. These results suggest that the natural iron source transported by the Fut system is not ferric citrate...
- Yamashita T, Ito M, Kabashima Y, Tsuzuki H, Fujiura A, Sakae K. Isolation and characterization of a new species of kobuvirus associated with cattle. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:3069-77 pubmed publisher..7 %) of 72 faecal samples from cattle by RT-PCR. These results indicated that U-1 strain, suspected to be a contaminant from calf sera, is a new species of the genus Kobuvirus, now termed bovine kobuvirus...
- Ota A, Tagawa H, Karnan S, Tsuzuki S, Karpas A, Kira S, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel gene, C13orf25, as a target for 13q31-q32 amplification in malignant lymphoma. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3087-95 pubmed..Transcript-B also contained seven mature microRNAs in its untranslated region. These results suggest that the C13orf25 gene is the most likely candidate gene for the 13q31-q32 amplicon found in hematopoietic malignancies. ..
- Haga N, Kato K, Murase M, Araki S, Kubo M, Demura T, et al. R1R2R3-Myb proteins positively regulate cytokinesis through activation of KNOLLE transcription in Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 2007;134:1101-10 pubmed..Our results suggest that a pair of structurally related R1R2R3-Myb transcription factors may positively regulate cytokinesis mainly through transcriptional activation of the KN gene. ..
- Hirono M, Nakanishi Y, Maeshima M. Identification of amino acid residues participating in the energy coupling and proton transport of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) H+-pyrophosphatase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1767:1401-11 pubmed publisher..H(+)-pyrophosphatase might involve dynamic linkage between the hydrophilic loops and TMs through the central half region of the enzyme...
- Komori R, Amano Y, Ogawa Ohnishi M, Matsubayashi Y. Identification of tyrosylprotein sulfotransferase in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:15067-72 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that plants and animals independently acquired tyrosine sulfation enzymes through convergent evolution. ..
- Itoh K, Izumi A, Mori T, Dohmae N, Yui R, Maeda Sano K, et al. DNA packaging proteins Glom and Glom2 coordinately organize the mitochondrial nucleoid of Physarum polycephalum. Mitochondrion. 2011;11:575-86 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Glom2 may organize the mt-nucleoid coordinately with Glom...
- Ueguchi C, Seto C, Suzuki T, Mizuno T. Clarification of the dimerization domain and its functional significance for the Escherichia coli nucleoid protein H-NS. J Mol Biol. 1997;274:145-51 pubmed..These findings collectively provided us with evidence that the ability of H-NS to form a dimer is crucial for H-NS to function as a transcriptional repressor. ..
- Yang J, Hori M, Sanda T, Okamoto T. Identification of a novel inhibitor of nuclear factor-kappaB, RelA-associated inhibitor. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:15662-70 pubmed..These observations indicate that RAI is another inhibitor of NF-kappaB in addition to IkappaB proteins and may confer an alternative mechanism of regulation. ..
- Akagi T, Motegi M, Tamura A, Suzuki R, Hosokawa Y, Suzuki H, et al. A novel gene, MALT1 at 18q21, is involved in t(11;18) (q21;q21) found in low-grade B-cell lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue. Oncogene. 1999;18:5785-94 pubmed..The alteration of MALT1 by translocation strongly suggests that this gene plays an important role in the pathogenesis of MALT lymphoma. ..