Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular cloning in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Topic: molecular cloning
- Feng Z, Qi J, Tsuge T, Oba Y, Kobayashi T, Suzuki Y, et al. Construction of a bacterial artificial chromosome library for a myxobacterium of the genus Cystobacter and characterization of an antibiotic biosynthetic gene cluster. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2005;69:1372-80 pubmed..Additionally, two downstream genes, ctaJ and ctaK, which encode a nitrilase and an O-methyltransferase, respectively, must be responsible for the final methyl ester formation in the cystothiazole A biosynthesis...
- Fujii Y, Numata S, Nakamura Y, Honda T, Furukawa K, Urano T, et al. Murine glycosyltransferases responsible for the expression of globo-series glycolipids: cDNA structures, mRNA expression, and distribution of their products. Glycobiology. 2005;15:1257-67 pubmed..The expression patterns of two genes and their products almost corresponded with some exception. The results would provide essential information for the functional studies of globo-series glycolipids. ..
- Hamajima N, Kouwaki M, Vreken P, Matsuda K, Sumi S, Imaeda M, et al. Dihydropyrimidinase deficiency: structural organization, chromosomal localization, and mutation analysis of the human dihydropyrimidinase gene. Am J Hum Genet. 1998;63:717-26 pubmed..There was no significant difference, in residual activity, between mutations observed in the symptomatic and those observed in the asymptomatic individuals. ..
- Fukumoto S, Miyazaki H, Goto G, Urano T, Furukawa K. Expression cloning of mouse cDNA of CMP-NeuAc:Lactosylceramide alpha2,3-sialyltransferase, an enzyme that initiates the synthesis of gangliosides. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:9271-6 pubmed..Among various mouse tissues, brain, liver, and testis showed relatively high expression of a 2.3-kilobase mRNA, whereas all tissues, more or less, expressed this gene. ..
- Zineldeen D, Shimada M, Niida H, Katsuno Y, Nakanishi M. Ptpcd-1 is a novel cell cycle related phosphatase that regulates centriole duplication and cytokinesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;380:460-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that Ptpcd1 is involved in centrosomal duplication and cytokinesis. ..
- Nagasaki H, Itoh J, Hayashi K, Hibara K, Satoh Nagasawa N, Nosaka M, et al. The small interfering RNA production pathway is required for shoot meristem initiation in rice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14867-71 pubmed publisher..Our analysis of shl mutants demonstrated that HD-ZIPIII expression regulated by miR166 is sensitive to the ta-siRNA pathway during SAM formation in rice embryogenesis...
- Adachi Yamada T, Gotoh T, Sugimura I, Tateno M, Nishida Y, Onuki T, et al. De novo synthesis of sphingolipids is required for cell survival by down-regulating c-Jun N-terminal kinase in Drosophila imaginal discs. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:7276-86 pubmed..The ERK pathway may be antagonistic to the JNK pathway in the control of cell survival. ..
- Usui Y, Nakase M, Hotta H, Urisu A, Aoki N, Kitajima K, et al. A 33-kDa allergen from rice (Oryza sativa L. Japonica). cDNA cloning, expression, and identification as a novel glyoxalase I. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:11376-81 pubmed..Taken all together, the rice allergen, Glb33, was identified to be a novel type of plant glyoxalase I that is expressed in various plant tissues, including maturing seeds. ..
- Futaki S, Takagishi Y, Hayashi Y, Ohmori S, Kanou Y, Inouye M, et al. Identification of a novel myosin-Va mutation in an ataxic mutant rat, dilute-opisthotonus. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:649-55 pubmed..The MyoVA protein expression was severely impaired in the dop/dop brain. This is the first report to define the dop mutation as the Myo5a gene abnormality in the rat. ..
- Matsuguchi T, Takagi K, Musikacharoen T, Yoshikai Y. Gene expressions of lipopolysaccharide receptors, toll-like receptors 2 and 4, are differently regulated in mouse T lymphocytes. Blood. 2000;95:1378-85 pubmed..Our results indicate that both mTLR2 and mTLR4 are involved in LPS signaling, but their expressions are regulated differently in T cells, and that LPS may directly affect T-cell functions by binding to TLRs. (Blood. 2000;95:1378-1385) ..
- Hashimoto Y, Akita H, Hibino M, Kohri K, Nakanishi M. Identification and characterization of Nek6 protein kinase, a potential human homolog of NIMA histone H3 kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:753-8 pubmed..Thus, these results suggest that, unlike other mammalian NIMA-related kinases, Nek6 is a mitotic histone kinase which regulates chromatin condensation in mammalian cells. ..
- Ishiguro S, Nishimori Y, Yamada M, Saito H, Suzuki T, Nakagawa T, et al. The Arabidopsis FLAKY POLLEN1 gene encodes a 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A synthase required for development of tapetum-specific organelles and fertility of pollen grains. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:896-911 pubmed publisher..These results show that the MVA pathway is essential, at least in tapetal cells and pollen grains, for the development of tapetum-specific organelles and the fertility of pollen grains. ..
- Nomoto S, Watanabe Y, Ninomiya Tsuji J, Yang L, Nagai Y, Kiuchi K, et al. Functional analyses of mammalian protein kinase C isozymes in budding yeast and mammalian fibroblasts. Genes Cells. 1997;2:601-14 pubmed..PKC-eta appears to play a critical role in growth control of yeast and mammalian cells. Suppression experiments with PKC-delta suggest that PKC-delta desensitizes the pathway by regulating an aspect of G protein function. ..
- Niimi T, Yokoyama H, Goto A, Beck K, Kitagawa Y. A Drosophila gene encoding multiple splice variants of Kazal-type serine protease inhibitor-like proteins with potential destinations of mitochondria, cytosol and the secretory pathway. Eur J Biochem. 1999;266:282-92 pubmed..Northern analysis and in situ hybridization showed that the type C3 transcript is predominant and the expression is highest in midgut at larval stage. ..
- Koiwai O, Yasui Y, Sakai Y, Watanabe T, Ishii K, Yanagihara S, et al. Cloning of the mouse cDNA encoding DNA topoisomerase I and chromosomal location of the gene. Gene. 1993;125:211-6 pubmed..The mouse TopI gene was mapped at position 54.5 on chromosome 2 from linkage analyses of a three-point cross test with Geg, Ada, and a as marker genes. ..
- Ohno K, Hirose F, Sakaguchi K, Nishida Y, Matsukage A. Transcriptional regulation of the Drosophila CycA gene by the DNA replication-related element (DRE) and DRE binding factor (DREF). Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:3942-6 pubmed..The results indicate that the Drosophila CycA gene is under the control of a DRE/DREF system, as are DNA replication-related genes. ..
- Tominaga K, Kondo C, Kagata T, Hishida T, Nishizuka M, Imagawa M. The novel gene fad158, having a transmembrane domain and leucine-rich repeat, stimulates adipocyte differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34840-8 pubmed..fad158 has the ability to regulate adipocyte differentiation positively, especially at an early stage. ..
- Muramatsu H, Tachikui H, Ushida H, Song X, Qiu Y, Yamamoto S, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of endo-beta-N-acetylglucosaminidase D, which acts on the core structure of complex type asparagine-linked oligosaccharides. J Biochem. 2001;129:923-8 pubmed..pneumoniae and has an LPXTG motif typical of surface-associated proteins of Gram-positive bacteria. It is possible that Endo D is located on the surface of the bacterium and, together with other glycosidases, is involved in virulence...
- El Fasakhany F, Uchimura K, Kannagi R, Muramatsu T. A novel human Gal-3-O-sulfotransferase: molecular cloning, characterization, and its implications in biosynthesis of (SO(4)-3)Galbeta1-4(Fucalpha1-3)GlcNAc. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:26988-94 pubmed..These results indicated that the newly cloned enzyme is a novel Gal-3-O-sulfotransferase and is involved in biosynthesis of the (SO(4)-3)Galbeta1-4(Fucalpha1-3)GlcNAc structure. ..
- Seto M, Yamamoto K, Takahashi T, Ueda R. Cloning and expression of a murine cDNA homologous to the human RCK/P54, a lymphoma-linked chromosomal translocation junction gene on 11q23. Gene. 1995;166:293-6 pubmed..Northern analysis demonstrated a 7.5-kb signal in all tissues tested and in vitro translation analysis showed a 54-kDa polypeptide. These results indicate that both mouse and human RCK/P54 are highly conserved. ..
- Ikehara Y, Shimizu N, Kono M, Nishihara S, Nakanishi H, Kitamura T, et al. A novel glycosyltransferase with a polyglutamine repeat; a new candidate for GD1alpha synthase (ST6GalNAc V)(1). FEBS Lett. 1999;463:92-6 pubmed..Interestingly, the polyglutamine repeat number was different from that of inbred mice. We report the first glycosyltransferase with a polymorphic polyglutamine repeat. ..
- Hayashi K, Banno H, Kadomatsu K, Takei Y, Komori K, Muramatsu T. Antisense oligodeoxyribonucleotide as to the growth factor midkine suppresses neointima formation induced by balloon injury. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;288:H2203-9 pubmed publisher..The antisense ODN suppressed MK induction in vivo and consequently suppressed neointima formation to 60% of the control level. These results suggest that MK is a candidate molecular target for the therapy for vascular restenosis...
- Kusano Y, Horie S, Shibata T, Satsu H, Shimizu M, Hitomi E, et al. Keap1 regulates the constitutive expression of GST A1 during differentiation of Caco-2 cells. Biochemistry. 2008;47:6169-77 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest the involvement of a novel Keap1-dependent signaling pathway for the induction of the constitutive GST A1 expression during epithelial cell differentiation. ..
- Kuroda N, Wada H, Naruse K, Simada A, Shima A, Sasaki M, et al. Molecular cloning and linkage analysis of the Japanese medaka fish complement Bf/C2 gene. Immunogenetics. 1996;44:459-67 pubmed..The Bf/C2 locus was mapped to the close proximity (2.9 cM) of the superoxide dismutase locus on the linkage group XX by the use of a restriction site polymorphism between two inbred strains of the medaka...
- Inoue N, Matsuda Minehata F, Goto Y, Sakamaki K, Manabe N. Molecular characteristics of porcine Fas-associated death domain (FADD) and procaspase-8. J Reprod Dev. 2007;53:427-36 pubmed..However when caspase-inhibitor p35 was cotransfected, cell death was inhibited. The pFADD and pprocaspase-8 genes are well conserved, as are the physiological functions of their products. ..
- Jin Y, Murakumo Y, Ueno K, Hashimoto M, Watanabe T, Shimoyama Y, et al. Identification of a mouse cytoskeleton-associated protein, CKAP2, with microtubule-stabilizing properties. Cancer Sci. 2004;95:815-21 pubmed..These findings suggest that CKAP2 is a new MAP with microtubule-stabilizing properties and may represent a new molecular target for cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Lu S, Suzuki T, Iizuka N, Ohshima S, Yabu Y, Suzuki M, et al. Trypanosoma brucei vacuolar protein sorting 41 (VPS41) is required for intracellular iron utilization and maintenance of normal cellular morphology. Parasitology. 2007;134:1639-47 pubmed..The present study demonstrates that TbVPS41 plays an important role in the intracellular iron utilization system as well as in the maintenance of normal cellular morphology. ..
- Yang H, Matsubayashi Y, Nakamura K, Sakagami Y. Diversity of Arabidopsis genes encoding precursors for phytosulfokine, a peptide growth factor. Plant Physiol. 2001;127:842-51 pubmed..However, the transgenic cells expressing either antisense cDNA did not dramatically decrease mitogenic activity, suggesting that these two genes may act redundantly. ..
- Hata M, Ohtsuka K. Cloning and expression of murine Hsp40 gene: differences in initiation sites between heat-induced and constitutive transcripts. DNA Seq. 2000;11:213-23 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the heat shock-dependent usage of transcriptional start sites of a heat shock gene. ..
- Masada S, Kawase Y, Nagatoshi M, Oguchi Y, Terasaka K, Mizukami H. An efficient chemoenzymatic production of small molecule glucosides with in situ UDP-glucose recycling. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:2562-6 pubmed..The concept of enhancing glucosylation efficiency by coupling a UDP-glucose regeneration system with glucosyltransferases should be applicable to enzymatic production of a wide range of glucosides. ..
- Kobayashi S, Sakae K, Suzuki Y, Shinozaki K, Okada M, Ishiko H, et al. Molecular cloning, expression, and antigenicity of Seto virus belonging to genogroup I Norwalk-like viruses. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38:3492-4 pubmed
- Ohno K, Hirose F, Inoue Y, Takisawa H, Mimura S, Hashimoto Y, et al. cDNA cloning and expression during development of Drosophila melanogaster MCM3, MCM6 and MCM7. Gene. 1998;217:177-85 pubmed
- Matsuno M, Nagatsu A, Ogihara Y, Ellis B, Mizukami H. CYP98A6 from Lithospermum erythrorhizon encodes 4-coumaroyl-4'-hydroxyphenyllactic acid 3-hydroxylase involved in rosmarinic acid biosynthesis. FEBS Lett. 2002;514:219-24 pubmed..erythrorhizon cells, and its expression pattern reflected the elicitor-induced change in rosmarinic acid production, indicating that CYP98A6 plays an important role in regulation of rosmarinic acid biosynthesis...
- Matsuda S, Miyazaki K, Ichigotani Y, Kurata H, Takenouchi Y, Yamamoto T, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human gene (NESCA) which encodes a putative adapter protein containing SH3. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1491:321-6 pubmed..PCR-based mapping with both a monochromosomal hybrid panel and radiation hybrid cell panels placed the gene to human chromosome 1q21-22. ..
- Yamashita T, Sakae K, Tsuzuki H, Suzuki Y, Ishikawa N, Takeda N, et al. Complete nucleotide sequence and genetic organization of Aichi virus, a distinct member of the Picornaviridae associated with acute gastroenteritis in humans. J Virol. 1998;72:8408-12 pubmed..Yamashita, S. Kobayashi, K. Sakae, S. Nakata, S. Chiba, Y. Ishihara, and S. Isomura, J. Infect. Dis. 164:954-957, 1991), we propose that Aichi virus be regarded as a new genus of the family Picornaviridae. ..
- Koshikawa K, Osada H, Kozaki K, Konishi H, Masuda A, Tatematsu Y, et al. Significant up-regulation of a novel gene, CLCP1, in a highly metastatic lung cancer subline as well as in lung cancers in vivo. Oncogene. 2002;21:2822-8 pubmed
- Yang J, Hori M, Sanda T, Okamoto T. Identification of a novel inhibitor of nuclear factor-kappaB, RelA-associated inhibitor. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:15662-70 pubmed..These observations indicate that RAI is another inhibitor of NF-kappaB in addition to IkappaB proteins and may confer an alternative mechanism of regulation. ..
- Niimi T, Sahara K, Oshima H, Yasukochi Y, Ikeo K, Traut W. Molecular cloning and chromosomal localization of the Bombyx Sex-lethal gene. Genome. 2006;49:263-8 pubmed..8 cM. We isolated 2 BACs that include the Bm-Sxl gene. With BAC-FISH we located Bm-Sxl cytogenetically on the chromosome corresponding to linkage group 16 (LG16) at position >68.8 cM. ..
- Kuroda N, Naruse K, Shima A, Nonaka M, Sasaki M. Molecular cloning and linkage analysis of complement C3 and C4 genes of the Japanese medaka fish. Immunogenetics. 2000;51:117-28 pubmed..These results suggest that the MHC class III complement region was established in the tetrapod lineage, or lost in the teleost lineage...
- Ohara T, Tsuge T. FoSTUA, encoding a basic helix-loop-helix protein, differentially regulates development of three kinds of asexual spores, macroconidia, microconidia, and chlamydospores, in the fungal plant pathogen Fusarium oxysporum. Eukaryot Cell. 2004;3:1412-22 pubmed..However, the mutants produced markedly fewer macroconidia and microconidia in infected plants than the wild type. These results suggest that FoSTUA also has an important role for microconidium formation specifically in infected plants. ..
- Asano T, Yoshioka Y, Kurei S, Sakamoto W, Machida Y. A mutation of the CRUMPLED LEAF gene that encodes a protein localized in the outer envelope membrane of plastids affects the pattern of cell division, cell differentiation, and plastid division in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2004;38:448-59 pubmed..A possible function of the CRL protein is discussed. ..
- Musikacharoen T, Matsuguchi T, Kikuchi T, Yoshikai Y. NF-kappa B and STAT5 play important roles in the regulation of mouse Toll-like receptor 2 gene expression. J Immunol. 2001;166:4516-24 pubmed..Thus, NF-kappa B activation is important but differently involved in the regulation of mTLR2 gene expression in macrophages and T cells following LPS or cytokine stimulation. ..
- Sato T, Miwa T, Akatsu H, Matsukawa N, Obata K, Okada N, et al. Pro-carboxypeptidase R is an acute phase protein in the mouse, whereas carboxypeptidase N is not. J Immunol. 2000;165:1053-8 pubmed..In view of the ability of proCPR to also inhibit fibrinolysis, an excess of proCPR induced by LPS may contribute to hypofibrinolysis in patients suffering from disseminated intravascular coagulation caused by sepsis. ..
- Miwa T, Okada N, Okada H. Alternative exon usage in the 3' region of a single gene generates glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored and transmembrane forms of rat decay-accelerating factor. Immunogenetics. 2000;51:129-37 pubmed
- Ashikari M, Sakakibara H, Lin S, Yamamoto T, Takashi T, Nishimura A, et al. Cytokinin oxidase regulates rice grain production. Science. 2005;309:741-5 pubmed..QTL pyramiding to combine loci for grain number and plant height in the same genetic background generated lines exhibiting both beneficial traits. These results provide a strategy for tailormade crop improvement. ..
- Fujita M, Kiyono T, Hayashi Y, Ishibashi M. hCDC47, a human member of the MCM family. Dissociation of the nucleus-bound form during S phase. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:4349-54 pubmed..Together, these findings indicate that hCDC47 protein together with other MCM proteins participates in the regulation of mammalian DNA replication. ..
- Torikai H, Akatsuka Y, Miyazaki M, Tsujimura A, Yatabe Y, Kawase T, et al. The human cathepsin H gene encodes two novel minor histocompatibility antigen epitopes restricted by HLA-A*3101 and -A*3303. Br J Haematol. 2006;134:406-16 pubmed..Although the mechanisms involved in the differential susceptibility remain to be determined, these data suggest that CTSH-encoded mHags could be targets for GVL effects. ..
- Hosokawa Y, Maeda Y, Seto M. Human Helios, an Ikaros-related zinc finger DNA binding protein: cDNA cloning and tissue expression pattern. Immunogenetics. 1999;50:106-8 pubmed
- Tominaga K, Johmura Y, Nishizuka M, Imagawa M. Fad24, a mammalian homolog of Noc3p, is a positive regulator in adipocyte differentiation. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6217-26 pubmed
- Kozaki Y, Kambe F, Hayashi Y, Ohmori S, Seo H, Kumazawa T, et al. Molecular cloning of prostaglandin EP3 receptors from canine sensory ganglia and their facilitatory action on bradykinin-induced mobilization of intracellular calcium. J Neurochem. 2007;100:1636-47 pubmed..A protein kinase A inhibitor mimicked the effect of EP3 agonist. These results demonstrate that the activation of EP3 restores the response to BK by attenuating the desensitization of BK B2 receptor activity via Gi protein. ..
- Suto F, Murakami Y, Nakamura F, Goshima Y, Fujisawa H. Identification and characterization of a novel mouse plexin, plexin-A4. Mech Dev. 2003;120:385-96 pubmed..These results suggest that plexin-A4 plays a role in the propagation of Sema3A activities. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Hayashi Y, Hirose F, Matsuoka S, Moriuchi T, Shiroishi T, et al. Molecular cloning and structural analysis of mouse gene and pseudogenes for proliferating cell nuclear antigen. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:2403-10 pubmed..The psi PCNA-II is tentatively mapped in the chromosome 17 of the C57BL mouse. ..