Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mitogen activated protein kinases in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Topic: mitogen activated protein kinases
- Akhand A, Hossain K, Kato M, Miyata T, Du J, Suzuki H, et al. Glyoxal and methylglyoxal induce lyoxal and methyglyoxal induce aggregation and inactivation of ERK in human endothelial cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2001;31:1228-35 pubmed..These results together suggest that GO and MGO trigger a novel pathway for chemical reaction-mediated downregulation of ERK...
- Ishitani T, Ninomiya Tsuji J, Matsumoto K. Regulation of lymphoid enhancer factor 1/T-cell factor by mitogen-activated protein kinase-related Nemo-like kinase-dependent phosphorylation in Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1379-89 pubmed..These results suggest that NLK phosphorylation on these sites contributes to the down-regulation of LEF-1/TCF transcriptional activity. ..
- Okouchi M, Okayama N, Imai S, Omi H, Shimizu M, Fukutomi T, et al. High insulin enhances neutrophil transendothelial migration through increasing surface expression of platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 via activation of mitogen activated protein kinase. Diabetologia. 2002;45:1449-56 pubmed..These results suggest that hyperinsulinaemia could accelerate atherosclerosis by directly enhancing neutrophil transendothelial migration through increasing endothelial PECAM-1 expression via mitogen-activated protein kinase activation. ..
- Masuda A, Yoshikai Y, Aiba K, Matsuguchi T. Th2 cytokine production from mast cells is directly induced by lipopolysaccharide and distinctly regulated by c-Jun N-terminal kinase and p38 pathways. J Immunol. 2002;169:3801-10 pubmed..Our findings may indicate a clue to understanding the mechanisms of how bacteria infection worsens the clinical features of asthma. ..
- Inoue H, Hisamoto N, An J, Oliveira R, Nishida E, Blackwell T, et al. The C. elegans p38 MAPK pathway regulates nuclear localization of the transcription factor SKN-1 in oxidative stress response. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2278-83 pubmed..These results delineate the C. elegans p38 MAPK signaling pathway leading to the nucleus that responds to oxidative stress. ..
- Matsuguchi T, Takagi K, Musikacharoen T, Yoshikai Y. Gene expressions of lipopolysaccharide receptors, toll-like receptors 2 and 4, are differently regulated in mouse T lymphocytes. Blood. 2000;95:1378-85 pubmed..Our results indicate that both mTLR2 and mTLR4 are involved in LPS signaling, but their expressions are regulated differently in T cells, and that LPS may directly affect T-cell functions by binding to TLRs. (Blood. 2000;95:1378-1385) ..
- Murakami H, Yamamura Y, Shimono Y, Kawai K, Kurokawa K, Takahashi M. Role of Dok1 in cell signaling mediated by RET tyrosine kinase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32781-90 pubmed
- Musikacharoen T, Yoshikai Y, Matsuguchi T. Histone acetylation and activation of cAMP-response element-binding protein regulate transcriptional activation of MKP-M in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9167-75 pubmed..Altogether, our data indicated that the activation of mkp-M gene transcription in macrophages by LPS is associated with histone acetylation and chromatin remodeling. ..
- Yamamizo C, Kuchimura K, Kobayashi A, Katou S, Kawakita K, Jones J, et al. Rewiring mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade by positive feedback confers potato blight resistance. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:681-92 pubmed publisher..We propose that enhancing disease resistance through altered regulation of plant defense mechanisms should be more durable and publicly acceptable than engineering overexpression of antimicrobial proteins...
- Adachi Yamada T, Nakamura M, Irie K, Tomoyasu Y, Sano Y, Mori E, et al. p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase can be involved in transforming growth factor beta superfamily signal transduction in Drosophila wing morphogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2322-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate that p38, in addition to its role as a transducer of emergency stress signaling, may function to modulate Dpp signaling. ..
- Aoki N, Aoyama K, Nagata M, Matsuda T. A growing family of dual specificity phosphatases with low molecular masses. J Biochem. 2001;130:133-40 pubmed..Taken together, it is conceivable that a distinct class of low molecular mass DSPs is present and plays a role in dephosphorylating unknown molecules other than MAP kinases. ..
- Akhand A, Hossain K, Mitsui H, Kato M, Miyata T, Inagi R, et al. Glyoxal and methylglyoxal trigger distinct signals for map family kinases and caspase activation in human endothelial cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2001;31:20-30 pubmed
- Matsuguchi T, Masuda A, Sugimoto K, Nagai Y, Yoshikai Y. JNK-interacting protein 3 associates with Toll-like receptor 4 and is involved in LPS-mediated JNK activation. EMBO J. 2003;22:4455-64 pubmed..7 cells, JIP3 associates MEKK-1, but not with TAK-1. Finally, JIP3 also associates with TLR2 and TLR9, but not with TLR1 or TLR6. Altogether, our data indicate the involvement of JIP3 in JNK activation in downstream signals of some TLRs. ..
- Adachi Yamada T, Gotoh T, Sugimura I, Tateno M, Nishida Y, Onuki T, et al. De novo synthesis of sphingolipids is required for cell survival by down-regulating c-Jun N-terminal kinase in Drosophila imaginal discs. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:7276-86 pubmed..The ERK pathway may be antagonistic to the JNK pathway in the control of cell survival. ..
- Ninomiya Tsuji J, Kajino T, Ono K, Ohtomo T, Matsumoto M, Shiina M, et al. A resorcylic acid lactone, 5Z-7-oxozeaenol, prevents inflammation by inhibiting the catalytic activity of TAK1 MAPK kinase kinase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18485-90 pubmed..Furthermore, in vivo 5Z-7-oxozeaenol was able to inhibit picryl chloride-induced ear swelling. Thus, 5Z-7-oxozeaenol blocks proinflammatory signaling by selectively inhibiting TAK1 MAPKKK. ..
- Mitsui S, Torii K, Fukui H, Tsujimura K, Maeda A, Nose M, et al. The herbal medicine compound falcarindiol from Notopterygii Rhizoma suppresses dendritic cell maturation. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;333:954-60 pubmed publisher..01). Falcarindiol induces immunosuppressive effects in vitro and in vivo and might be a novel therapy for autoimmune or allergic diseases. ..
- Inoue H, Tateno M, Fujimura Kamada K, Takaesu G, Adachi Yamada T, Ninomiya Tsuji J, et al. A Drosophila MAPKKK, D-MEKK1, mediates stress responses through activation of p38 MAPK. EMBO J. 2001;20:5421-30 pubmed..These results suggest that D-MEKK1 regulation of the p38 MAPK pathway is critical for the response to environmental stresses in Drosophila. ..
- Ishitani T, Hirao T, Suzuki M, Isoda M, Ishitani S, Harigaya K, et al. Nemo-like kinase suppresses Notch signalling by interfering with formation of the Notch active transcriptional complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:278-85 pubmed publisher..Our results both define a new function for NLK and reveal a previously unidentified mode of regulation in the Notch signalling pathway. ..
- Kawasaki M, Hisamoto N, Iino Y, Yamamoto M, Ninomiya Tsuji J, Matsumoto K. A Caenorhabditis elegans JNK signal transduction pathway regulates coordinated movement via type-D GABAergic motor neurons. EMBO J. 1999;18:3604-15 pubmed..Furthermore, ectopic expression of JKK-1 in type-D motor neurons is sufficient to rescue the movement defect. Thus, the C.elegans JNK pathway functions in type-D GABAergic motor neurons and thereby modulates coordinated locomotion. ..
- Nishio M, Fukumoto S, Furukawa K, Ichimura A, Miyazaki H, Kusunoki S, et al. Overexpressed GM1 suppresses nerve growth factor (NGF) signals by modulating the intracellular localization of NGF receptors and membrane fluidity in PC12 cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:33368-78 pubmed
- Kikuchi T, Yoshikai Y, Miyoshi J, Katsuki M, Musikacharoen T, Mitani A, et al. Cot/Tpl2 is essential for RANKL induction by lipid A in osteoblasts. J Dent Res. 2003;82:546-50 pubmed..These findings indicate that Cot/Tpl2 is essential for LPS-induced ERK activation and RANKL induction in osteoblasts. ..
- Nakamichi N, Yanada H, Aiba H, Aoyama K, Ohmiya R, Mizuno T. Characterization of the Prr1 response regulator with special reference to sexual development in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2003;67:547-55 pubmed..pombe. ..
- Katou S, Yoshioka H, Kawakita K, Rowland O, Jones J, Mori H, et al. Involvement of PPS3 phosphorylated by elicitor-responsive mitogen-activated protein kinases in the regulation of plant cell death. Plant Physiol. 2005;139:1914-26 pubmed publisher..This work strongly supports the idea that PPS3 is a physiological substrate of StMPK1 and is involved in cell death activated by a MAPK cascade...
- Matsuguchi T, Musikacharoen T, Johnson T, Kraft A, Yoshikai Y. A novel mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase is an important negative regulator of lipopolysaccharide-mediated c-Jun N-terminal kinase activation in mouse macrophage cell lines. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6999-7009 pubmed
- Qi M, Ikematsu S, Maeda N, Ichihara Tanaka K, Sakuma S, Noda M, et al. Haptotactic migration induced by midkine. Involvement of protein-tyrosine phosphatase zeta. Mitogen-activated protein kinase, and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:15868-75 pubmed
- Tateno M, Nishida Y, Adachi Yamada T. Regulation of JNK by Src during Drosophila development. Science. 2000;287:324-7 pubmed..Thus, activation of the Bsk pathway is required downstream of Src42A in epidermal closure. This work confirms mammalian studies that demonstrated a physiological link between Src and JNK. ..
- Yano K, Imaeda T, Niimi T. Transcriptional activation of the human claudin-18 gene promoter through two AP-1 motifs in PMA-stimulated MKN45 gastric cancer cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;294:G336-43 pubmed..These results indicate that the PKC/MAPK/AP-1 dependent pathway regulates claudin-18a2 expression in gastric cells. ..