Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Publications338 found, 100 shown here
- Mirza R, Hayasaka S, Kambe F, Maki K, Kaji T, Murata Y, et al. Increased expression of aquaporin-3 in the epidermis of DHCR24 knockout mice. Br J Dermatol. 2008;158:679-84 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration that elevated AQP3 results in the retention of epidermal water, causing the taut, wrinkle-free skin phenotype of the DHCR24-/- mice. ..
- Nishizuka M, Koyanagi A, Osada S, Imagawa M. Wnt4 and Wnt5a promote adipocyte differentiation. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:3201-5 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the inhibition of Wnt4 or Wnt5a expression prevented the accumulation of triacylglycerol and decreased the expression of adipogenesis-related genes. Wnt4 and Wnt5a have crucial roles in adipogenesis as positive regulators. ..
- Takenaka H, Horiba M, Ishiguro H, Sumida A, Hojo M, Usui A, et al. Midkine prevents ventricular remodeling and improves long-term survival after myocardial infarction. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;296:H462-9 pubmed publisher..MK application could be a new therapeutic strategy for the treatment of ischemic heart failure. ..
- Torihashi S, Hattori T, Hasegawa H, Kurahashi M, Ogaeri T, Fujimoto T. The expression and crucial roles of BMP signaling in development of smooth muscle progenitor cells in the mouse embryonic gut. Differentiation. 2009;77:277-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, BMP signaling was expressed for a short window in the smooth muscle progenitors and the signal, especially BMP2, plays an essential role in smooth muscle differentiation in cooperation with PDGF signaling. ..
- Mu P, Nagahara S, Makita N, Tarumi Y, Kadomatsu K, Takei Y. Systemic delivery of siRNA specific to tumor mediated by atelocollagen: combined therapy using siRNA targeting Bcl-xL and cisplatin against prostate cancer. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:2978-90 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that systemic delivery of siRNA via atelocollagen, which specifically targets tumors, is safe and feasible for cancer therapy. ..
- Yanagiba Y, Ito Y, Kamijima M, Gonzalez F, Nakajima T. Octachlorostyrene induces cytochrome P450, UDP-glucuronosyltransferase, and sulfotransferase via the aryl hydrocarbon receptor and constitutive androstane receptor. Toxicol Sci. 2009;111:19-26 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CAR is involved in regulation of the UGT and SULT genes by OCS. Thus, OCS may regulate CYP1A via AhR, whereas it controls UGT1A6 and SULT1A via CAR. ..
- Uchida T, Baba A, Pérez Martínez F, Hibi T, Miyata T, Luque J, et al. Downregulation of functional Reelin receptors in projection neurons implies that primary Reelin action occurs at early/premigratory stages. J Neurosci. 2009;29:10653-62 pubmed publisher..It is thus strongly suggested that Reelin exerts critical actions on migrating projection neurons at their early/premigratory stages en route to their final destinations, in the developing cerebral cortex and cerebellum. ..
- Kataoka K, Nishiguchi K, Kaneko H, Van Rooijen N, Kachi S, Terasaki H. The roles of vitreal macrophages and circulating leukocytes in retinal neovascularization. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:1431-8 pubmed publisher..To analyze the roles of vitreal macrophages and circulating leukocytes in retinal vascular growth...
- Moriya H, Uchida K, Okajima T, Matsuda T, Nadano D. Secretion of three enzymes for fatty acid synthesis into mouse milk in association with fat globules, and rapid decrease of the secreted enzymes by treatment with rapamycin. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2011;508:87-92 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a new, putatively mTOR-dependent localization of the three enzymes for de novo lipogenesis. ..
- Naiki T, Asamoto M, Toyoda Hokaiwado N, Naiki Ito A, Tozawa K, Kohri K, et al. Organ specific Gst-pi expression of the metastatic androgen independent prostate cancer cells in nude mice. Prostate. 2012;72:533-41 pubmed publisher..Gst-pi expression of the prostate cancers are dependent on metastatic site, and that Gst-pi has an important role in adapting prostate cancer for growth and metastasis involving an alteration of ROS signals. ..
- Fujii M, Toyoda T, Nakanishi H, Yatabe Y, Sato A, Matsudaira Y, et al. TGF-? synergizes with defects in the Hippo pathway to stimulate human malignant mesothelioma growth. J Exp Med. 2012;209:479-94 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that CTGF is an important modulator of MM growth and pathology and represents a novel therapeutic target for this disease. ..
- Kato D, Mitake S, Mizuno M, Kanamori T, Suzuki T, Ojika K, et al. Co-localization of hippocampal cholinergic neurostimulating peptide precursor with collapsin response mediator protein-2 at presynaptic terminals in hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2012;517:92-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, HCNP-pp overexpression increases synaptophysin levels. These findings suggest that HCNP-pp, in association with CRMP-2, plays an important role in presynaptic function in the hippocampus. ..
- Yoshioka Y, Kozawa E, Urakawa H, Arai E, Futamura N, Zhuo L, et al. Suppression of hyaluronan synthesis alleviates inflammatory responses in murine arthritis and in human rheumatoid synovial fibroblasts. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:1160-70 pubmed publisher..Therefore, 4-MU is a potential therapeutic agent in arthritis, and its inhibitory mechanism is possibly mediated by suppression of HA synthesis. ..
- Ochiai N, Nishizuka M, Miyamoto T, Miyoshi I, Ikawa M, Osada S, et al. Targeted disruption of fad24, a regulator of adipogenesis, causes pre-implantation embryonic lethality due to the growth defect at the blastocyst stage. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;438:301-5 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggested that fad24 is essential for pre-implantation in embryonic development, particularly for the progression to the blastocyst stage. ..
- Shimizu M, Murakami Y, Suto F, Fujisawa H. Determination of cell adhesion sites of neuropilin-1. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:1283-93 pubmed..In addition, we demonstrated that the cell adhesion ligands for neuropilin-1 were proteins and distributed in embryonic mesenchymal cells but distinct from the class 3 semaphorins, VEGF, or plexins. ..
- Ishimitsu R, Nishimura H, Yajima T, Watase T, Kawauchi H, Yoshikai Y. Overexpression of IL-15 in vivo enhances Tc1 response, which inhibits allergic inflammation in a murine model of asthma. J Immunol. 2001;166:1991-2001 pubmed..These results suggest that overexpression of IL-15 in vivo suppresses Th2-mediated-allergic airway response via induction of CD8+ T cell-mediated Tc1 response. ..
- Dai Y, Kato M, Takeda K, Kawamoto Y, Akhand A, Hossain K, et al. T-cell-immunity-based inhibitory effects of orally administered herbal medicine juzen-taiho-to on the growth of primarily developed melanocytic tumors in RET-transgenic mice. J Invest Dermatol. 2001;117:694-701 pubmed..These results suggest that juzen-taiho-to suppresses once-developed primary melanocytic tumors through potentiation of T-cell-mediated antitumor cytotoxic immunity in vivo. ..
- Shimizu H, Matsuguchi T, Fukuda Y, Nakano I, Hayakawa T, Takeuchi O, et al. Toll-like receptor 2 contributes to liver injury by Salmonella infection through Fas ligand expression on NKT cells in mice. Gastroenterology. 2002;123:1265-77 pubmed..TLR2 may contribute to liver injury induced by Salmonella infection via FasL induction on liver NKT cells. ..
- Kondo K, Uritani I, Oba K. Induction mechanism of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase in potato tuber and sweet potato root tissues. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2003;67:1007-17 pubmed..From these results, we proposed a hypothesis on the induction mechanism of HMGR after cutting and fungal infection in potato tuber and sweet potato root tissues. ..
- Iida A, Inagaki H, Suzuki M, Wakamatsu Y, Hori H, Koga A. The tyrosinase gene of the i(b) albino mutant of the medaka fish carries a transposable element insertion in the promoter region. Pigment Cell Res. 2004;17:158-64 pubmed..The i (b) mutant strain can thus be expected to serve as a source from which various other mutations in the promoter region can be derived. ..
- Ohno K, Hattori T, Kagami H, Ueda M. Effects of preceding sialadenitis on the development of autoimmunity against salivary gland. Oral Dis. 2007;13:158-62 pubmed..Here, we examined the effects of preceding inflammation of the salivary gland at the onset of autoimmunity against the salivary gland...
- Takeuchi Y, Takasu K, Ono H, Tanabe M. Pregabalin, S-(+)-3-isobutylgaba, activates the descending noradrenergic system to alleviate neuropathic pain in the mouse partial sciatic nerve ligation model. Neuropharmacology. 2007;53:842-53 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that pregabalin supraspinally activates the descending noradrenergic pain inhibitory system coupled with spinal alpha(2)-adrenoceptors to ameliorate neuropathic pain. ..
- Ishii M, Naruse K, Hattori A, Tsujimoto M, Ishiura S, Numaguchi Y, et al. Oxytocin hypersensitivity in pregnant P-LAP deficient mice. Life Sci. 2009;84:668-72 pubmed publisher..P-LAP might be involved in the increased OT sensitivity just prior to onset of labor and also in the onset of labor by degradation of OT. ..
- Hayashi M, Arima H, Ozaki N, Morishita Y, Hiroi M, Ozaki N, et al. Progressive polyuria without vasopressin neuron loss in a mouse model for familial neurohypophysial diabetes insipidus. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R1641-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that cell death is not the primary cause of polyuria in FNDI, and that the aggregates accumulated in the ER might be involved in the dysfunction of AVP neurons that lead to the progressive polyuria...
- Ishitani T, Hirao T, Suzuki M, Isoda M, Ishitani S, Harigaya K, et al. Nemo-like kinase suppresses Notch signalling by interfering with formation of the Notch active transcriptional complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:278-85 pubmed publisher..Our results both define a new function for NLK and reveal a previously unidentified mode of regulation in the Notch signalling pathway. ..
- Honda A, Komuro H, Shimada A, Hasegawa T, Seko Y, Nagase H, et al. Attenuation of cadmium-induced testicular injury in metallothionein-III null mice. Life Sci. 2010;87:545-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the lack of MT-III contributes to protection of testis from Cd. In addition, regulation of Pnp2, Rd3, and Cdh24 mRNA levels may involve the sensitivity of MT-III null mice to Cd. ..
- Endong L, Shijie J, Sonobe Y, Di M, Hua L, Kawanokuchi J, et al. The gap-junction inhibitor carbenoxolone suppresses the differentiation of Th17 cells through inhibition of IL-23 expression in antigen presenting cells. J Neuroimmunol. 2011;240-241:58-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, CBX may be an effective therapeutic strategy against Th17-mediated autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Watanabe K, Tsunoda K, Itoh M, Fukui M, Mori H, Hitomi K. Transglutaminase 2 and Factor XIII catalyze distinct substrates in differentiating osteoblastic cell line: utility of highly reactive substrate peptides. Amino Acids. 2013;44:209-14 pubmed publisher..These analyses also indicate the benefit of the substrate peptides for obtaining distinct substrates in a reaction mixture where two isozymes co-exist. ..
- Sakaidani Y, Nomura T, Matsuura A, Ito M, Suzuki E, Murakami K, et al. O-linked-N-acetylglucosamine on extracellular protein domains mediates epithelial cell-matrix interactions. Nat Commun. 2011;2:583 pubmed publisher..Thus, O-GlcNAcylation of secreted and membrane glycoproteins is a novel mediator of cell-cell or cell-matrix interactions at the cell surface. ..
- Hisanaga A, Morishita S, Suzuki K, Sasaki K, Koie M, Kohno T, et al. A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 4 (ADAMTS-4) cleaves Reelin in an isoform-dependent manner. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:3349-53 pubmed publisher..Among ADAMTS-4 isoforms, p50 cleaves the N-t site only, while p75 cleaves both sites. This is the first report identifying a protease that can specifically cleave Reelin. ..
- Parajuli B, Sonobe Y, Kawanokuchi J, Doi Y, Noda M, Takeuchi H, et al. GM-CSF increases LPS-induced production of proinflammatory mediators via upregulation of TLR4 and CD14 in murine microglia. J Neuroinflammation. 2012;9:268 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GM-CSF upregulates TLR4 and CD14 expression in microglia through ERK1/2 and p38, respectively, and thus promotes the LPS receptor-mediated inflammation in the CNS. ..
- Mizutani T, Ashikari M, Tokoro M, Nozaki M, Ogura Y. Suppression of laser-induced choroidal neovascularization by a CCR3 antagonist. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:1564-72 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the efficacy of a novel CCR3 antagonist for laser injury-induced choroidal neovascularization (CNV) in mice...
- Siddiquey M, Nakagawa H, Iwata S, Kanazawa T, Suzuki M, Imadome K, et al. Anti-tumor effects of suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid on Epstein-Barr virus-associated T cell and natural killer cell lymphoma. Cancer Sci. 2014;105:713-22 pubmed publisher..SAHA displayed a marked suppressive effect against EBV-associated T and NK cell lymphomas through either induction of apoptosis or cell cycle arrest, and may represent an alternative treatment option. ..
- Deguchi S, Katsushima K, Hatanaka A, Shinjo K, Ohka F, Wakabayashi T, et al. Oncogenic effects of evolutionarily conserved noncoding RNA ECONEXIN on gliomagenesis. Oncogene. 2017;36:4629-4640 pubmed publisher..In addition, our investigative approaches to identify conserved lncRNA and their molecular characterization by validation in mouse tumor models may be useful to functionally annotate novel lncRNAs, especially cancer-associated lncRNAs. ..
- Hiramatsu M, Hoshino T, Kanematsu K. Pharmacological characterization of the ameliorating effect on short-term memory impairment and antinociceptive effect of KT-90 in mice. Behav Brain Res. 2005;160:374-81 pubmed
- Kawanokuchi J, Shimizu K, Nitta A, Yamada K, Mizuno T, Takeuchi H, et al. Production and functions of IL-17 in microglia. J Neuroimmunol. 2008;194:54-61 pubmed publisher..Because microglia produce IL-1beta and IL-23, these cytokines may act in an autocrine manner to induce IL-17 expression in microglia, and thereby contribute to autoimmune diseases, such as MS, in the central nervous system. ..
- Vandenberg C, Motoyama N, Cory S. FoxO3 suppresses Myc-driven lymphomagenesis. Cell Death Dis. 2016;6:e2046 pubmed publisher..The loss of FoxO3 may also be affecting other tumour-suppressive functions for which FoxO1/4 cannot fully compensate. ..
- Nomoto S, Ito S, Yang L, Kiuchi K. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of GFR alpha-3, a novel cDNA related to GDNFR alpha and NTNR alpha. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;244:849-53 pubmed..These results indicate that the tissue distribution of GFR alpha-3 mRNA is different from that of GDNFR alpha or NTNR alpha mRNA, and suggest that GFR alpha-3 may function in differentiation of embryonic cells expressing its mRNA. ..
- Isaka M, Yasuda Y, Kozuka S, Taniguchi T, Matano K, Maeyama J, et al. Induction of systemic and mucosal antibody responses in mice immunized intranasally with aluminium-non-adsorbed diphtheria toxoid together with recombinant cholera toxin B subunit as an adjuvant. Vaccine. 1999;18:743-51 pubmed..These results show that intranasal administration of nDT with rCTB must be a very useful means for vaccination against diphtheria. ..
- Muramatsu T, Ito N, Tamaoki N, Oda H, Park H. In vivo gene electroporation confers nutritionally-regulated foreign gene expression in the liver. Int J Mol Med. 2001;7:61-6 pubmed..These results implicate that nutritionally-regulated foreign gene expression in vivo is attainable at least locally in the liver by a simple and convenient non-viral gene EP method...
- Sakaguchi N, Muramatsu H, Ichihara Tanaka K, Maeda N, Noda M, Yamamoto T, et al. Receptor-type protein tyrosine phosphatase zeta as a component of the signaling receptor complex for midkine-dependent survival of embryonic neurons. Neurosci Res. 2003;45:219-24 pubmed..The survival-promoting activity of MK was abolished by PP1, an inhibitor of src protein kinase, pertussis toxin, an inhibitor of G protein-linked signaling and sodium orthovanadate, an inhibitor of PTPs. ..
- Cho A, Uchio Yamada K, Torigai T, Miyamoto T, Miyoshi I, Matsuda J, et al. Deficiency of the tensin2 gene in the ICGN mouse: an animal model for congenital nephrotic syndrome. Mamm Genome. 2006;17:407-16 pubmed..These data raise the possibility that a mutation of the tensin2 gene is responsible for NS of the ICGN mouse and tensin2 is a prerequisite for the normal kidney function. ..
- Tsunekawa H, Noda Y, Mouri A, Yoneda F, Nabeshima T. Synergistic effects of selegiline and donepezil on cognitive impairment induced by amyloid beta (25-35). Behav Brain Res. 2008;190:224-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that selegiline potentiates the effect of donepezil on the cognitive impairment, and that the synergistic effect may be mediated through both the cholinergic and dopaminergic systems...
- Yamada T, Ugawa S, Ueda T, Ishida Y, Kajita K, Shimada S. Differential localizations of the transient receptor potential channels TRPV4 and TRPV1 in the mouse urinary bladder. J Histochem Cytochem. 2009;57:277-87 pubmed publisher..These findings raise the possibility that, in mouse urothelial cells, TRPV4 may contribute to the detection of increases in intravesical pressure related to the micturition reflex. ..
- Ishii M, Numaguchi Y, Okumura K, Kubota R, Ma X, Murakami R, et al. Mesenchymal stem cell-based gene therapy with prostacyclin synthase enhanced neovascularization in hindlimb ischemia. Atherosclerosis. 2009;206:109-18 pubmed publisher..Sustained release of PGI(2) enhanced the proangiogenic function of MSCs and subsequent muscle cell regrowth in the ischemic tissue suggesting potential therapeutic benefits of cell-based gene therapy for critical limb ischemia. ..
- Okochi M, Takano S, Isaji Y, Senga T, Hamaguchi M, Honda H. Three-dimensional cell culture array using magnetic force-based cell patterning for analysis of invasive capacity of BALB/3T3/v-src. Lab Chip. 2009;9:3378-84 pubmed publisher..The developed 3D cell culture array system is useful to assess the effects of pharmacologic and/or microenvironmental influences on tumor cell invasion. ..
- Uddin M, Nishio N, Ito S, Suzuki H, Isobe K. Toxic effects of D-galactose on thymus and spleen that resemble aging. J Immunotoxicol. 2010;7:165-73 pubmed publisher..e., is it histologically/immunotoxicologically-proper?) to create age-mimicry in mice. ..
- Zhang R, Ito S, Nishio N, Cheng Z, Suzuki H, Isobe K. Dextran sulphate sodium increases splenic Gr1(+)CD11b(+) cells which accelerate recovery from colitis following intravenous transplantation. Clin Exp Immunol. 2011;164:417-27 pubmed publisher..Further, transplantation of Gr-1(+)CD11b(+) cells greatly suppressed the increase of the same population, especially during the late phase of DSS colitis both in spleen and bone marrow. ..
- Ando H, Natsume A, Iwami K, Ohka F, Kuchimaru T, Kizaka Kondoh S, et al. A hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-3? splicing variant, HIF-3?4 impairs angiogenesis in hypervascular malignant meningiomas with epigenetically silenced HIF-3?4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;433:139-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, HIF-3?4 could be a potential molecular target in meningiomas. ..
- Ukai M, Shinkai N, Kameyama T. Involvement of dopamine receptors in beneficial effects of tachykinins on scopolamine-induced impairment of alternation performance in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 1998;350:39-45 pubmed
- Murakami Y, Suto F, Shimizu M, Shinoda T, Kameyama T, Fujisawa H. Differential expression of plexin-A subfamily members in the mouse nervous system. Dev Dyn. 2001;220:246-58 pubmed
- Suzuki M, Ueno N, Kuroiwa A. Hox proteins functionally cooperate with the GC box-binding protein system through distinct domains. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30148-56 pubmed..These observations indicate that HoxA-13 regulates transcription through multiple pathways. In addition, we found that a helix 3 mutation of the HoxA-13 homeodomain behaves as a dominant negative form. ..
- Watanabe Y, Shibata K, Kikkawa F, Kajiyama H, Ino K, Hattori A, et al. Adipocyte-derived leucine aminopeptidase suppresses angiogenesis in human endometrial carcinoma via renin-angiotensin system. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:6497-503 pubmed..These experiments are a first step toward the development of novel strategies to selectively antagonize locally generated Ang II and suppress VEGF-induced angiogenesis in endometrial carcinoma. ..
- Ishiguro K, Ando T, Maeda O, Hasegawa M, Kadomatsu K, Ohmiya N, et al. Paeonol attenuates TNBS-induced colitis by inhibiting NF-kappaB and STAT1 transactivation. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2006;217:35-42 pubmed..These findings suggest that Paeonol enema may be useful for the treatment of colitis. ..
- Sugiyama M, Tanaka Y, Sakamoto T, Maruyama I, Shimada T, Takahashi S, et al. Early dynamics of hepatitis B virus in chimeric mice carrying human hepatocytes monoinfected or coinfected with genotype G. Hepatology. 2007;45:929-37 pubmed..Genotype G can monoinfect chimeric mice at very low levels, and its replication increases maredly when coinfected with other genotypes. Coinfection with genotype G could enhance fibrosis under immunocompromised states. ..
- Katsuno Y, Suzuki A, Sugimura K, Okumura K, Zineldeen D, Shimada M, et al. Cyclin A-Cdk1 regulates the origin firing program in mammalian cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:3184-9 pubmed publisher..Our results thus suggest that cyclin A2-Cdk1 is a key regulator of S-phase programs. ..
- Sumita Y, Honda M, Ueda M, Asahina I, Kagami H. Differential effects of growth differentiation factor-5 on porcine dental papilla- and follicle-derived cells. Growth Factors. 2010;28:56-65 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that GDF-5 regulates differentiation of both dental papilla and follicle during odontogenesis, co-operatively with other growth factors such as BMP-2...
- Ramdhan D, Kamijima M, Wang D, Ito Y, Naito H, Yanagiba Y, et al. Differential response to trichloroethylene-induced hepatosteatosis in wild-type and PPARalpha-humanized mice. Environ Health Perspect. 2010;118:1557-63 pubmed publisher..However, human PPARalpha may afford only weak protection against TRI-mediated effects compared with mouse PPARalpha. ..
- Okamoto H, Shiraki K, Yasuda R, Danjo K, Watanabe Y. Chitosan-interferon-β gene complex powder for inhalation treatment of lung metastasis in mice. J Control Release. 2011;150:187-95 pubmed publisher..These findings showed that therapeutic gene powders are promising for gene therapy to treat lung cancer or metastasis. ..
- Lee J, Tokumoto M, Fujiwara Y, Hasegawa T, Seko Y, Shimada A, et al. Accumulation of p53 via down-regulation of UBE2D family genes is a critical pathway for cadmium-induced renal toxicity. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21968 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that down-regulation of UBE2D family genes followed by accumulation of p53 in proximal tubular cells is an important mechanism for Cd-induced renal toxicity. ..
- Horiba M, Kadomatsu K, Nakamura E, Muramatsu H, Ikematsu S, Sakuma S, et al. Neointima formation in a restenosis model is suppressed in midkine-deficient mice. J Clin Invest. 2000;105:489-95 pubmed..These results indicate that MK plays a critical role in neointima formation at least in part owing to its ability to mediate leukocyte recruitment. ..
- Miyamoto Y, Yamada K, Noda Y, Mori H, Mishina M, Nabeshima T. Lower sensitivity to stress and altered monoaminergic neuronal function in mice lacking the NMDA receptor epsilon 4 subunit. J Neurosci. 2002;22:2335-42 pubmed..These findings suggest that GluRepsilon4 mutant mice have dysfunctional NMDA receptors and altered emotional behavior probably caused by changes in monoaminergic neuronal activities in adulthood...
- Watanabe T, Ichihara M, Hashimoto M, Shimono K, Shimoyama Y, Nagasaka T, et al. Characterization of gene expression induced by RET with MEN2A or MEN2B mutation. Am J Pathol. 2002;161:249-56 pubmed
- Nakayama A, Murakami H, Maeyama N, Yamashiro N, Sakakibara A, Mori N, et al. Role for RFX transcription factors in non-neuronal cell-specific inactivation of the microtubule-associated protein MAP1A promoter. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:233-40 pubmed..The cell type-specific down-regulation, however, does not depend simply on which RFX interacts with the elements, but seems to depend on underlying profound mechanisms. ..
- Suto F, Murakami Y, Nakamura F, Goshima Y, Fujisawa H. Identification and characterization of a novel mouse plexin, plexin-A4. Mech Dev. 2003;120:385-96 pubmed..These results suggest that plexin-A4 plays a role in the propagation of Sema3A activities. ..
- Kikuchi T, Yoshikai Y, Miyoshi J, Katsuki M, Musikacharoen T, Mitani A, et al. Cot/Tpl2 is essential for RANKL induction by lipid A in osteoblasts. J Dent Res. 2003;82:546-50 pubmed..These findings indicate that Cot/Tpl2 is essential for LPS-induced ERK activation and RANKL induction in osteoblasts. ..
- Mamiya T, Yamada K, Miyamoto Y, Konig N, Watanabe Y, Noda Y, et al. Neuronal mechanism of nociceptin-induced modulation of learning and memory: involvement of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors. Mol Psychiatry. 2003;8:752-65 pubmed..These results suggest that nociceptin system negatively modulates learning and memory through the regulation of NMDA receptor function and the expression of N-CAM. ..
- Suzuki S, Nishimaki Mogami T, Tamehiro N, Inoue K, Arakawa R, Abe Dohmae S, et al. Verapamil increases the apolipoprotein-mediated release of cellular cholesterol by induction of ABCA1 expression via Liver X receptor-independent mechanism. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24:519-25 pubmed..Release of cellular cholesterol and phospholipid mediated by helical apolipoprotein and ATP-binding cassette transporter (ABC) A1 is a major source of plasma HDL. We investigated the effect of calcium channel blockers on this reaction...
- Nakatani H, Aoki N, Nakagawa Y, Jin no S, Aoyama K, Oshima K, et al. Weaning-induced expression of a milk-fat globule protein, MFG-E8, in mouse mammary glands, as demonstrated by the analyses of its mRNA, protein and phosphatidylserine-binding activity. Biochem J. 2006;395:21-30 pubmed..The weaning-induced MFG-E8 might play an important role in the recognition and engulfment of apoptotic epithelial cells by the neighbouring phagocytic epithelial cells in involuting mammary glands. ..
- Uemura N, Kajino T, Sanjo H, Sato S, Akira S, Matsumoto K, et al. TAK1 is a component of the Epstein-Barr virus LMP1 complex and is essential for activation of JNK but not of NF-kappaB. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7863-72 pubmed..These results suggest that an LMP1-associated complex containing TRAF6, TAB2, and TAK1 plays an essential role in the activation of JNK. However, TAK1 is not an exclusive intermediate for NF-kappaB activation in LMP1 signaling. ..
- Honda M, Uchida K, Tanabe M, Ono H. Fluvoxamine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, exerts its antiallodynic effects on neuropathic pain in mice via 5-HT2A/2C receptors. Neuropharmacology. 2006;51:866-72 pubmed..These results indicate that fluvoxamine exerts its antiallodynic effects on neuropathic pain via descending 5-HT fibers and spinal 5-HT2A or 5-HT2C receptors, and the antinociception on acute mechanical pain via 5-HT3 receptors...
- Tanabe M, Tokuda Y, Takasu K, Ono K, Honda M, Ono H. The synthetic TRH analogue taltirelin exerts modality-specific antinociceptive effects via distinct descending monoaminergic systems. Br J Pharmacol. 2007;150:403-14 pubmed..These findings suggest that taltirelin activates the descending noradrenergic and serotonergic pain inhibitory systems, respectively, to exert its analgesic effects on mechanical and thermal nociception. ..
- Yamashita H, Makino T, Mizukami H, Nose M. Pharmacological characterization of a chronic pruritus model induced by multiple application of 2,4,6-trinitrochlorobenzene in NC mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;563:233-9 pubmed
- Banno H, Katsuno M, Suzuki K, Iguchi Y, Adachi H, Tanaka F, et al. [Molecular-targeted therapy for motor neuron disease]. Brain Nerve. 2009;61:891-900 pubmed..Oral administration of sodium butyrate--a histone deacetylase inhibitor--resulted in the improvement of neurological dysfunction in the SBMA mouse model, although its therapeutic dose range is narrow...
- Kojima T, Hirota Y, Ema M, Takahashi S, Miyoshi I, Okano H, et al. Subventricular zone-derived neural progenitor cells migrate along a blood vessel scaffold toward the post-stroke striatum. Stem Cells. 2010;28:545-54 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that blood vessels play an important role as a scaffold for NPCs migration toward the damaged brain region. ..
- Ito S, Tanaka Y, Nishio N, Thanasegaran S, Isobe K. Establishment of self-renewable GM-CSF-dependent immature macrophages in vitro from murine bone marrow. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76943 pubmed publisher..In conclusion we have established self-renewable GM-CSF-dependent immature macrophages in vitro from murine BM, which differentiate to M1 or M2 macrophages. ..
- Cheng Y, Takeuchi H, Sonobe Y, Jin S, Wang Y, Horiuchi H, et al. Sirtuin 1 attenuates oxidative stress via upregulation of superoxide dismutase 2 and catalase in astrocytes. J Neuroimmunol. 2014;269:38-43 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that astrocytic SIRT1 may elicit neuroprotective effects through its anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory functions. ..
- Furuhashi M, Hatasa Y, Kawamura S, Shibata T, Akagawa M, Uchida K. Identification of Polyphenol-Specific Innate Epitopes That Originated from a Resveratrol Analogue. Biochemistry. 2017;56:4701-4712 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that resveratrol may have beneficial effects on human health because of its conversion to piceatannol...
- Kiyohara Y, Tagao S, Tamanini F, Morita A, Sugisawa Y, Yasuda M, et al. The BMAL1 C terminus regulates the circadian transcription feedback loop. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10074-9 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the C-terminal region of BMAL1 is involved in determining the balance between circadian transcriptional activation and suppression. ..
- Ishiguro H, Steward M, Naruse S, Ko S, Goto H, Case R, et al. CFTR functions as a bicarbonate channel in pancreatic duct cells. J Gen Physiol. 2009;133:315-26 pubmed publisher..This suggests that CFTR functions as a HCO(3)(-) channel in pancreatic duct cells, and that it provides a significant pathway for HCO(3)(-) transport across the apical membrane...
- Ohno M, Natsume A, Kondo Y, Iwamizu H, Motomura K, Toda H, et al. The modulation of microRNAs by type I IFN through the activation of signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 in human glioma. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:2022-30 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the importance of understanding the transcriptional regulation of the miRNAs involved in oncogenesis. ..
- Adachi H, Katsuno M, Waza M, Minamiyama M, Tanaka F, Sobue G. Heat shock proteins in neurodegenerative diseases: pathogenic roles and therapeutic implications. Int J Hyperthermia. 2009;25:647-54 pubmed publisher..e., Hsp90 inhibitor and HSP inducer, which inhibit the pathogenic process of neuronal degeneration. These findings may provide the basis for development of an HSP-related therapy for neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Asano Y, Kishida S, Mu P, Sakamoto K, Murohara T, Kadomatsu K. DRR1 is expressed in the developing nervous system and downregulated during neuroblastoma carcinogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:829-35 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that DRR1 protein is expressed in normal cells, particularly in the nervous system during embryogenesis, is involved in neuronal cell survival, and is downregulated during neuroblastoma carcinogenesis. ..
- Tanaka M, Kataoka H, Mabuchi M, Sakuma S, Takahashi S, Tujii R, et al. Anticancer effects of novel photodynamic therapy with glycoconjugated chlorin for gastric and colon cancer. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:763-9 pubmed..In vivo, H(2)TFPC-SGlc accumulation was higher in xenograft tumors and significantly suppressed tumor growth when compared with Talaporfin. This novel glycoconjugated chlorin is potentially useful in PDT. ..
- Hirano K, Ohgomori T, Kobayashi K, Tanaka F, Matsumoto T, Natori T, et al. Ablation of keratan sulfate accelerates early phase pathogenesis of ALS. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66969 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that KS plays an indispensable, suppressive role in the early phase pathogenesis of ALS and may represent a new target for therapeutic intervention. ..