Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on map kinase kinase kinases in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Topic: map kinase kinase kinases
- Uemura N, Kajino T, Sanjo H, Sato S, Akira S, Matsumoto K, et al. TAK1 is a component of the Epstein-Barr virus LMP1 complex and is essential for activation of JNK but not of NF-kappaB. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7863-72 pubmed..These results suggest that an LMP1-associated complex containing TRAF6, TAB2, and TAK1 plays an essential role in the activation of JNK. However, TAK1 is not an exclusive intermediate for NF-kappaB activation in LMP1 signaling. ..
- Suzuki S, Shiraga K, Sato S, Punfa W, Naiki Ito A, Yamashita Y, et al. Apocynin, an NADPH oxidase inhibitor, suppresses rat prostate carcinogenesis. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:1711-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that apocynin possesses chemopreventive potential against prostate cancer. ..
- Pastuhov S, Fujiki K, Nix P, Kanao S, Bastiani M, Matsumoto K, et al. Endocannabinoid-Go? signalling inhibits axon regeneration in Caenorhabditis elegans by antagonizing Gq?-PKC-JNK signalling. Nat Commun. 2012;3:1136 pubmed publisher..Our results show that arachidonoyl ethanolamide induction of a G protein signal transduction pathway has a role in the inhibition of post-development axon regeneration...
- Ito J, Nagayasu Y, Okumura Noji K, Lu R, Nishida T, Miura Y, et al. Mechanism for FGF-1 to regulate biogenesis of apoE-HDL in astrocytes. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:2020-7 pubmed..The PI3K/Akt pathway upregulates secretion of apoE/apoE-HDL, the MEK/ERK pathway stimulates cholesterol biosynthesis, and an unknown pathway enhances apoE transcription. ..
- Ishitani T, Ninomiya Tsuji J, Matsumoto K. Regulation of lymphoid enhancer factor 1/T-cell factor by mitogen-activated protein kinase-related Nemo-like kinase-dependent phosphorylation in Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1379-89 pubmed..These results suggest that NLK phosphorylation on these sites contributes to the down-regulation of LEF-1/TCF transcriptional activity. ..
- Takaesu G, Ninomiya Tsuji J, Kishida S, Li X, Stark G, Matsumoto K. Interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor-associated kinase leads to activation of TAK1 by inducing TAB2 translocation in the IL-1 signaling pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2475-84 pubmed..Formation of this complex is an essential step in the activation of TAK1 in the IL-1 signaling pathway. ..
- Kajino T, Ren H, Iemura S, Natsume T, Stefansson B, Brautigan D, et al. Protein phosphatase 6 down-regulates TAK1 kinase activation in the IL-1 signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:39891-6 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that PP6 specifically down-regulates TAK1 through dephosphorylation of Thr-187 in the activation loop, which is likely important for suppressing inflammatory responses via TAK1 signaling pathways. ..
- Chikamatsu S, Furuno T, Kinoshita Y, Inoh Y, Hirashima N, Teshima R, et al. Effects of Cot expression on the nuclear translocation of NF-kappaB in RBL-2H3 cells. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:1490-7 pubmed..This finding gives a new insight into the role of Cot in the FcvarepsilonRI-mediated NF-kappaB activation in mast cells. ..
- Mizuno T, Hisamoto N, Terada T, Kondo T, Adachi M, Nishida E, et al. The Caenorhabditis elegans MAPK phosphatase VHP-1 mediates a novel JNK-like signaling pathway in stress response. EMBO J. 2004;23:2226-34 pubmed..These results suggest that VHP-1 plays a pivotal role in the integration and fine-tuning of the stress response regulated by the KGB-1 MAPK pathway. ..
- Ito M, Natsume A, Takeuchi H, Shimato S, Ohno M, Wakabayashi T, et al. Type I interferon inhibits astrocytic gliosis and promotes functional recovery after spinal cord injury by deactivation of the MEK/ERK pathway. J Neurotrauma. 2009;26:41-53 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that liposome-mediated IFN-beta gene delivery inhibits glial scar formation after SCI and promotes functional recovery. ..
- Takahashi Y, Soyano T, Kosetsu K, Sasabe M, Machida Y. HINKEL kinesin, ANP MAPKKKs and MKK6/ANQ MAPKK, which phosphorylates and activates MPK4 MAPK, constitute a pathway that is required for cytokinesis in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:1766-76 pubmed publisher..Thus cytokinesis in A. thaliana is controlled by a pathway that consists of ANP MAPKKKs that can be activated by HIK and MKK6/ANQ MAPKK, with MPK4 MAPK being a probable target of MKK6/ANQ. ..
- Sasabe M, Boudolf V, De Veylder L, Inze D, Genschik P, Machida Y. Phosphorylation of a mitotic kinesin-like protein and a MAPKKK by cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs) is involved in the transition to cytokinesis in plants. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:17844-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, timely and coordinated phosphorylation by CDKs and dephosphorylation of cytokinetic regulators from prophase to anaphase appear to be critical for the appropriate onset and/or progression of cytokinesis. ..
- Tanaka Hino M, Sagasti A, Hisamoto N, Kawasaki M, Nakano S, Ninomiya Tsuji J, et al. SEK-1 MAPKK mediates Ca2+ signaling to determine neuronal asymmetric development in Caenorhabditis elegans. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:56-62 pubmed..Thus, the NSY-1-SEK-1-MAPK cascade is activated by Ca2+ signaling through CaMKII and establishes asymmetric cell fate decision during neuronal development. ..