Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Publications557 found, 100 shown here
- Nishio K, Niwa Y, Toyoshima H, Tamakoshi K, Kondo T, Yatsuya H, et al. Consumption of soy foods and the risk of breast cancer: findings from the Japan Collaborative Cohort (JACC) Study. Cancer Causes Control. 2007;18:801-8 pubmed..Further large-scale investigations eliciting genetic factors may clarify different roles of various soybean-ingredient foods on the risk of breast cancer. ..
- Oguri T, Achiwa H, Muramatsu H, Ozasa H, Sato S, Shimizu S, et al. The absence of human equilibrative nucleoside transporter 1 expression predicts nonresponse to gemcitabine-containing chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Lett. 2007;256:112-9 pubmed..These results indicate that the absence of hENT1 expression may be useful to predict NSCLC patients who will not respond to gemcitabine-containing chemotherapy. ..
- Ishigami M, Honda T, Okumura A, Ishikawa T, Kobayashi M, Katano Y, et al. Use of the Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) score to predict 1-year survival of Japanese patients with cirrhosis and to determine who will benefit from living donor liver transplantation. J Gastroenterol. 2008;43:363-8 pubmed publisher..MELD scores of 15 had discriminatory value for indicating a survival benefit to be gained by liver transplantation and thus can be used to help patients and their families by identifying patients who would benefit from LDLT. ..
- Yamamoto M, Kuzuya T, Baba H, Yamada K, Nabeshima T. Population pharmacokinetic analysis of vancomycin in patients with gram-positive infections and the influence of infectious disease type. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2009;34:473-83 pubmed publisher..The population pharmacokinetic parameters of vancomycin obtained here can be used to individualize the dosage of vancomycin in institutions with similar patient population characteristics. ..
- Ito E, Saito K, Nagatani T, Teranishi M, Aimi Y, Wakabayashi T. Cavernous sinus thrombophlebitis caused by porphyromonas gingivalis with abscess formation extending to the orbital cavity. Case report. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2009;49:370-3 pubmed..Diffusion-weighted imaging is useful for the early recognition and differentiation of CST from other diseases...
- Morioka M, Parameswaran H, Naruse K, Kondo M, Sokabe M, Hasegawa Y, et al. Microtubule dynamics regulate cyclic stretch-induced cell alignment in human airway smooth muscle cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26384 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of stretch-induced alignment we uncovered is likely involved in various airway functions as well as in the pathophysiology of airway remodeling in asthma...
- Pitchakarn P, Suzuki S, Ogawa K, Pompimon W, Takahashi S, Asamoto M, et al. Kuguacin J, a triterpeniod from Momordica charantia leaf, modulates the progression of androgen-independent human prostate cancer cell line, PC3. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:840-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that KuJ is a promising new candidate chemopreventive and chemotherapeutic agent for prostate cancer...
- Natsume J, Ogawa C, Fukasawa T, Yamamoto H, Ishihara N, Sakaguchi Y, et al. White Matter Abnormality Correlates with Developmental and Seizure Outcomes in West Syndrome of Unknown Etiology. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2016;37:698-705 pubmed publisher..Diffuse abnormal findings on DTI at 12 months of age suggest delayed myelination as a key factor underlying abnormal findings on DTI. Conversely, asymmetric abnormal findings on DTI at 24 months may reflect underlying focal pathologies. ..
- Yoshida K, Yamaguchi K, Okumura N, Tanahashi T, Kodera Y. Is conversion therapy possible in stage IV gastric cancer: the proposal of new biological categories of classification. Gastric Cancer. 2016;19:329-338 pubmed publisher..The provision of conversion therapy for stage IV GC patients might be one of the main roles of surgical oncologists in the near future. ..
- Muramatsu T. Basigin (CD147), a multifunctional transmembrane glycoprotein with various binding partners. J Biochem. 2016;159:481-90 pubmed publisher..Basigin is also the receptor for an invasive protein RH5, which is present in malaria parasites. ..
- Hayashi Y, Yamaguchi J, Kokuryo T, Ebata T, Yokoyama Y, Igami T, et al. The Complete Loss of Tyrosine Kinase Receptors MET and RON Is a Poor Prognostic Factor in Patients with Extrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:6585-6592 pubmed..01). The complete loss of one or both MET and RON, as well as their overexpression, is a poor prognostic factor in patients with extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma, probably due to the high rate of lymph-node metastasis. ..
- Tsunekawa T, Kaneko H, Takayama K, Hwang S, Oishi A, Nagasaka Y, et al. Correlation between miR-148 Expression in Vitreous and Severity of Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachment. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:3427319 pubmed publisher..358) but not with the range of RD or presence of vitreous hemorrhage. Conclusion. The hsa-miR-148a-3p expression levels in the vitreous fluid were significantly associated with the size of retinal break and disease duration. ..
- Horiguchi T, Miyazaki J, Ohira D, Watanabe Y, Hayashi N, Kobayashi K, et al. Usefulness of sparfloxacin against Chlamydia pneumoniae infection in patients with bronchial asthma. J Int Med Res. 2005;33:668-76 pubmed..pneumoniae. These results suggest that SPFX could be used to control bronchial asthma in patients with suspected persistent C. pneumoniae infection. ..
- Gao N, Asamitsu K, Hibi Y, Ueno T, Okamoto T. AKIP1 enhances NF-kappaB-dependent gene expression by promoting the nuclear retention and phosphorylation of p65. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:7834-43 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a positive role of AKIP1 in NF-kappaB signaling and suggest a novel mechanism by which AKIP1 augments the transcriptional competence of NF-kappaB. ..
- Sasaki H, Hikosaka Y, Okuda K, Kawano O, Moriyama S, Yano M, et al. NFE2L2 gene mutation in male Japanese squamous cell carcinoma of the lung. J Thorac Oncol. 2010;5:786-9 pubmed publisher..0032, Breslow-Gehan-Wilcoxon test, p = 0.0028). NFE2L2 mutations might play a role in tumor prognosis of squamous cell carcinoma of the lung. ..
- Xu B, Song G, Ju Y, Li X, Song Y, Watanabe S. RhoA/ROCK, cytoskeletal dynamics, and focal adhesion kinase are required for mechanical stretch-induced tenogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:2722-9 pubmed publisher..This work provides novel insights regarding the mechanisms of tenogenesis in a stretch-induced environment and supports the therapeutic potential of hMSCs...
- Hattori T, Otani T, Ito Y, Takeda H. [A report of two cases of priapism with metastatic penile tumor]. Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi. 2002;93:568-72 pubmed..The priapism improved about 40%. Pathological analysis confirmed that the renal cell cancer had metastasized to the penis and this was concluded to be responsible for the priapism. ..
- Kimura H, Futamura M, Ito Y, Ando Y, Hara S, Sobajima H, et al. Relapse of neonatal herpes simplex virus infection. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2003;88:F483-6 pubmed..4, 95% confidence interval 1.1 to 99.0). Patients with relapse had worse outcomes than those without relapse. Neonates with HSV type 2 infections have a greater risk of relapse. Relapsed patients have poorer prognoses. ..
- Li Q, Tsukishiro S, Nakagawa C, Tanemura M, Sugiura Ogasawara M, Suzumori K, et al. Parental origin and cell stage of non-disjunction of double trisomy in spontaneous abortion. Congenit Anom (Kyoto). 2005;45:21-5 pubmed..These findings suggest the possibility that abnormal separation of two or more chromosomes may occur simultaneously in oogonia, and that this phenomenon may increase in relation to the increase in age of women. ..
- Jiang J, Wang J, Suzuki S, Gajalakshmi V, Kuriki K, Zhao Y, et al. Elevated risk of colorectal cancer associated with the AA genotype of the cyclin D1 A870G polymorphism in an Indian population. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2006;132:193-9 pubmed..31; 95% CI: 0.18-0.53 for >3 servings/day) and fish intake (OR=0.48; 95% CI: 0.28-0.82). These data support the hypothesis that the CCND1 A870G polymorphism may increase the risk of CRC in our Indian population. ..
- Itoh Y, Fuwa N. Retrospective analysis: concurrent chemoradiotherapy using protracted continuous infusion of low-dose cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil for T2N0 glottic cancer. Radiat Med. 2006;24:277-81 pubmed..Instead of radiotherapy alone, this combination chemoradiotherapy is suggested with the possibility of improving local control of T2GCs. ..
- Ikehara S, Ikehara Y, Matsuo K, Hirose K, Niwa T, Ito H, et al. A polymorphism of C-to-T substitution at -31 IL1B is associated with the risk of advanced gastric adenocarcinoma in a Japanese population. J Hum Genet. 2006;51:927-33 pubmed..These observations suggest that IL1B-31TT and IL1B-511CC are associated with disease progression. ..
- Ino K, Yoshida N, Kajiyama H, Shibata K, Yamamoto E, Kidokoro K, et al. Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase is a novel prognostic indicator for endometrial cancer. Br J Cancer. 2006;95:1555-61 pubmed
- Hattori A, Ando N, Hamaguchi K, Hussein M, Fujimoto S, Ishikawa T, et al. Short-duration ACTH therapy for cryptogenic West syndrome with better outcome. Pediatr Neurol. 2006;35:415-8 pubmed..This new short-duration ACTH therapy could yield better cognitive outcomes for cryptogenic West syndrome. ..
- Kajino T, Omori E, Ishii S, Matsumoto K, Ninomiya Tsuji J. TAK1 MAPK kinase kinase mediates transforming growth factor-beta signaling by targeting SnoN oncoprotein for degradation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:9475-81 pubmed..Inactivation of TAK1 prevented TGF-beta-induced SnoN degradation and impaired induction of the TGF-beta-responsive genes. These data suggest that TAK1 modulates TGF-beta-dependent cellular responses by targeting SnoN for degradation. ..
- Okajima T, Matsuura A, Matsuda T. Biological functions of glycosyltransferase genes involved in O-fucose glycan synthesis. J Biochem. 2008;144:1-6 pubmed publisher..In this article, we have reviewed the recent reports addressing the distinctive features of the glycosyltransferases and O-glycans present on the EGF domains. ..
- Watanabe N, Stewart R, Jenkins R, Bhugra D, Furukawa T. The epidemiology of chronic fatigue, physical illness, and symptoms of common mental disorders: a cross-sectional survey from the second British National Survey of Psychiatric Morbidity. J Psychosom Res. 2008;64:357-62 pubmed publisher..The assessment of physically ill people should include chronic fatigue and psychiatric symptoms. ..
- Kamakura M, Nawa A, Ushijima Y, Goshima F, Kawaguchi Y, Kikkawa F, et al. Microarray analysis of transcriptional responses to infection by herpes simplex virus types 1 and 2 and their US3-deficient mutants. Microbes Infect. 2008;10:405-13 pubmed publisher..The genes affected by HSV infection were assigned to various groups of functional classes and cellular pathways. We have thus identified cellular genes whose expression was similarly or differently changed by infection with each virus. ..
- Ishii M, Hattori A, Numaguchi Y, Tsujimoto M, Ishiura S, Kobayashi H, et al. The effect of recombinant aminopeptidase A on hypertension in spontaneously hypertensive rats: its effect in comparison with candesartan. Horm Metab Res. 2008;40:887-91 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the novel approach of utilizing aminopeptidase A to treat hypertension by degrading circulating angiotensin II before it binds to the receptor 1 subtype. ..
- Sugiura Ogasawara M, Sato T, Suzumori N, Kitaori T, Kumagai K, Ozaki Y. The polycystic ovary syndrome does not predict further miscarriage in Japanese couples experiencing recurrent miscarriages. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2009;61:62-7 pubmed publisher..A routine test for diagnosis of PCOS is not necessary in patients experiencing recurrent miscarriages because none of the related parameters examined in this study predicted subsequent miscarriage. ..
- Murohara T, Shintani S, Kondo K. Autologous adipose-derived regenerative cells for therapeutic angiogenesis. Curr Pharm Des. 2009;15:2784-90 pubmed..The combination of these biological properties of adipose-derived regenerative cells (ADRCs) implicates that autologous adipose tissue will be a useful cell source for therapeutic angiogenesis in the next generation. ..
- Wakita C, Maeshima T, Yamazaki A, Shibata T, Ito S, Akagawa M, et al. Stereochemical configuration of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal-cysteine adducts and their stereoselective formation in a redox-regulated protein. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:28810-22 pubmed publisher..The present results not only offer structural insight into sulfhydryl modification by lipid peroxidation products but also provide a platform for the chemical analysis of protein S-associated aldehydes in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Endo T, Yamano K. Transport of proteins across or into the mitochondrial outer membrane. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1803:706-14 pubmed publisher..Here we review the current view on a remarkable variety of mechanisms of protein transport taking place at the mitochondrial outer membrane. ..
- Takahari D, Hamaguchi T, Yoshimura K, Katai H, Ito S, Fuse N, et al. Feasibility study of adjuvant chemotherapy with S-1 plus cisplatin for gastric cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2011;67:1423-8 pubmed publisher..This treatment should be considered as a feasible experimental arm for the next postoperative adjuvant phase III trial. ..
- Hiramatsu M, Oguri M, Kato K, Yoshida T, Fujimaki T, Horibe H, et al. Association of a polymorphism of BTN2A1 with type 2 diabetes mellitus in Japanese individuals. Diabet Med. 2011;28:1381-7 pubmed publisher..04) related to blood glycosylated haemoglobin content in control subjects. BTN2A1 may be a susceptibility gene for Type 2 diabetes in Japanese individuals. ..
- Nagai T, Kitahara Y, Ibi D, Nabeshima T, Sawa A, Yamada K. Effects of antipsychotics on the behavioral deficits in human dominant-negative DISC1 transgenic mice with neonatal polyI:C treatment. Behav Brain Res. 2011;225:305-10 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this mouse model may be useful for the screening of potential antipsychotic compounds that could be more effective than clozapine in ameliorating negative symptoms and cognitive impairment in schizophrenia. ..
- Shigeta T, Aoyama M, Bando Y, Monji A, Mitsui T, Takatsu M, et al. Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 modulates left ventricular dysfunction in chronic heart failure via angiogenesis-dependent and -independent actions. Circulation. 2012;126:1838-51 pubmed publisher..Myocardium-derived DPP4 activity in coronary sinus can be monitored by peripheral vein sampling, which partly correlates with DHF index; thus, circulating DPP4 may potentially serve as a biomarker for monitoring DHF. ..
- Enomoto T, Shibata R, Ohashi K, Kambara T, Kataoka Y, Uemura Y, et al. Regulation of adipolin/CTRP12 cleavage by obesity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;428:155-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that obesity states facilitate the cleavage of adipolin presumably through upregulation of furin in adipose tissue. ..
- Erkhembaatar L, Kotani T, Sumigama S, Tsuda H, Mano Y, Hua L, et al. Increased expression of sphingosine kinase in the amnion during labor. Placenta. 2013;34:353-9 pubmed publisher..Sphingosine-1-phosphate (S1P), a bioactive lipid, has been reported to regulate inflammation processes. The onset of labor is thought to be related to inflammation. We therefore hypothesized that S1P might be involved in the onset of labor...
- Kataoka Y, Shibata R, Ohashi K, Kambara T, Enomoto T, Uemura Y, et al. Omentin prevents myocardial ischemic injury through AMP-activated protein kinase- and Akt-dependent mechanisms. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:2722-33 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that omentin functions as an adipokine that ameliorates acute ischemic injury in the heart by suppressing myocyte apoptosis through both AMPK- and Akt-dependent mechanisms. ..
- Sone K, Oguri T, Ito K, Kitamura Y, Inoue Y, Takeuchi A, et al. Predictive Role of CYFRA21-1 and CEA for Subsequent Docetaxel in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Patients. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5125-5131 pubmed..002). In multivariate analysis, tumor marker levels had a significant impact on PFS and OS. Combination of the two tumor markers is a predictive and prognostic marker of docetaxel monotherapy for previously treated NSCLC patients. ..
- Suzuki S, Furuhashi M, Suganuma N. Additional N-glycosylation at Asn(13) rescues the human LHbeta-subunit from disulfide-linked aggregation. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2000;160:157-63 pubmed..Moreover, N-glycosylation at Asn(13) does not prevent such aggregation, but instead plays an important role in correct folding for both LHbeta- and CGbeta-subunits to be secreted as monomer. ..
- Sugiura S, Yoshikawa T, Nishiyama Y, Morishita Y, Sato E, Hattori T, et al. Detection of human cytomegalovirus DNA in perilymph of patients with sensorineural hearing loss using real-time PCR. J Med Virol. 2003;69:72-5 pubmed..CMV DNA was not detected in the samples obtained from the remaining two cases with deafness of unknown etiology. To our knowledge, this is the first report to detect CMV DNA in an inner ear sample obtained from a living human subject...
- Suzuki R, Murata M, Kami M, Ohtake S, Asou N, Kodera Y, et al. Prognostic significance of CD7+CD56+ phenotype and chromosome 5 abnormalities for acute myeloid leukemia M0. Int J Hematol. 2003;77:482-9 pubmed
- Mitsui T, Kondo T. Increased breath nitrous oxide after ingesting nitrate in patients with atrophic gastritis and partial gastrectomy. Clin Chim Acta. 2004;345:129-33 pubmed..051). These higher N2O concentrations in gastric patients reflect bacterial growth in the stomach due to the reduction of gastric acid. ..
- Matsui Y, Otomo K, Ishida S, Yanagihara K, Kawanobe Y, Kida S, et al. Effect of silver-carrying photocatalyst "Hikari-Gintech" on mycobacterial growth in vitro. Microbiol Immunol. 2004;48:489-95 pubmed..avium. Hikari-Gintech powder appeared to affect mycobacterial cell wall metabolism rather than mycobacterial DNA because no damage to mycobacterial DNA was detected after spraying with Hikari-Gintech solution. ..
- Masuoka N, Momoi Y, Ariji Y, Nawa H, Muramatsu A, Goto S, et al. Can cephalometric indices and subjective evaluation be consistent for facial asymmetry?. Angle Orthod. 2005;75:651-5 pubmed..When a discrepancy is found between skeletal measurements and a subjective evaluation, the influence of soft tissue structures should be considered in facial asymmetry...
- Mizuno H, Sugiyama Y, Nishi Y, Ueda N, Ohro Y, Togari H. Elevation of serum creatine kinase in response to medical treatment of Graves' disease in children. Acta Paediatr. 2006;95:243-5 pubmed..Although this side effect has been reported in adults, it is a novel finding in children. Clinicians should be aware of the rare potential for elevations in serum CK when initiating treatment for Graves' disease in children. ..
- Mizuno M, Yoshida J. [Medical information network for neurosurgical diseases]. No Shinkei Geka. 2007;35:185-91 pubmed..As a result, we expect to create the new society with great potential for providing speedy patient access to the best medicines and the best pharmaceuticals to ensure that patients are in good health. ..
- Ji X, Takahashi N, Saito S, Ishihara R, Maeno N, Inada T, et al. Relationship between three serotonin receptor subtypes (HTR3A, HTR2A and HTR4) and treatment-resistant schizophrenia in the Japanese population. Neurosci Lett. 2008;435:95-8 pubmed publisher..041). The present results support further research to examine the relationship between HTR3A polymorphism and the development of TRS in the Japanese population. ..
- Kato A, Ohno N. Construction of three-dimensional tooth model by micro-computed tomography and application for data sharing. Clin Oral Investig. 2009;13:43-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, 3D teeth models were constructed in general-purpose data formats, using micro-CT and commercially available programs. Teeth models that can be used widely would benefit all those who study dental morphology. ..
- Seeni A, Takahashi S, Takeshita K, Tang M, Sugiura S, Sato S, et al. Suppression of prostate cancer growth by resveratrol in the transgenic rat for adenocarcinoma of prostate (TRAP) model. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2008;9:7-14 pubmed..The data provide a mechanistic basis for resveratrol chemopreventive efficacy against prostate cancer. ..
- Yamamoto S, Inoue K, Ohta K, Fukatsu R, Maeda J, Yoshida Y, et al. Identification and functional characterization of rat riboflavin transporter 2. J Biochem. 2009;145:437-43 pubmed publisher..Such ability to transport riboflavin in a specific manner, together with its high expression in the small intestine, indicates that RFT2 may play a role in the intestinal absorption of riboflavin. ..
- Ding J, Komatsu H, Iida S, Yano H, Kusumoto S, Inagaki A, et al. The Asn505 mutation of the c-MPL gene, which causes familial essential thrombocythemia, induces autonomous homodimerization of the c-Mpl protein due to strong amino acid polarity. Blood. 2009;114:3325-8 pubmed publisher..This finding provides a new insight into the mechanism of disease causation by mutations in the TMD of cytokine/hematopoietic receptors. ..
- Honma K, Tsuzuki S, Nakagawa M, Tagawa H, Nakamura S, Morishima Y, et al. TNFAIP3/A20 functions as a novel tumor suppressor gene in several subtypes of non-Hodgkin lymphomas. Blood. 2009;114:2467-75 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that our study provides a novel insight into molecular mechanisms leading to lymphoma and that specific targeting of NF-kappaB pathways may be advantageous for treatment. ..
- Yanase M, Matsuyama Y, Mori K, Nakamichi Y, Yano T, Naruse T, et al. Intraoperative spinal cord monitoring of C5 palsy after cervical laminoplasty. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2010;23:170-5 pubmed publisher..In the paralysis group, the incidences of waveform pattern change on intraoperative MEP and stenosis of the intervertebral foramen were higher than those in the nonparalysis group. ..
- Yamaguchi H, Noshita T, Yu T, Kidachi Y, Kamiie K, Umetsu H, et al. Novel effects of glycyrrhetinic acid on the central nervous system tumorigenic progenitor cells: induction of actin disruption and tumor cell-selective toxicity. Eur J Med Chem. 2010;45:2943-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GA could be utilized as a promising chemopreventive and therapeutic antitumor agent. The underlying mechanisms involved in the selective toxicity to tumor cells by GA are also preliminarily discussed. ..
- Yano M, Sasaki H, Moriyama S, Kawano O, Hikosaka Y, Masaoka A, et al. Preservation of phrenic nerve involved by stage III thymoma. Ann Thorac Surg. 2010;89:1612-9 pubmed publisher..073), there was no difference in overall survival between the groups. It may be an option to preserve the involved PN in stage III thymoma especially in the patients with serious complications. ..
- Ushijima Y, Luo C, Kamakura M, Goshima F, Kimura H, Nishiyama Y. Herpes simplex virus UL56 interacts with and regulates the Nedd4-family ubiquitin ligase Itch. Virol J. 2010;7:179 pubmed publisher..Thus, UL56 could function as a regulatory protein of Itch. The mechanism, function and significance of regulating Itch in HSV-2 infection remain unclear and warrant further investigation. ..
- Laurent T, Murase D, Tsukioka S, Matsuura T, Nagamori S, Oda H. A novel human hepatoma cell line, FLC-4, exhibits highly enhanced liver differentiation functions through the three-dimensional cell shape. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:2898-906 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, differentiation of FLC-4 human hepatoma cell line can be enhanced to a human liver-like level through the three-dimensional cell shape in a microtubule-dependent manner. ..
- Goto H, Izawa I, Li P, Inagaki M. Novel regulation of checkpoint kinase 1: Is checkpoint kinase 1 a good candidate for anti-cancer therapy?. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:1195-200 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize recent advances in Chk1 regulation by phosphorylation, and discuss Chk1 as a molecular target for cancer therapeutics. ..
- Suganuma N, Ito S, Aso H, Kondo M, Sato M, Sokabe M, et al. STIM1 regulates platelet-derived growth factor-induced migration and Ca2+ influx in human airway smooth muscle cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45056 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that STIM1 and Orai1 are essential for PDGF-induced cell migration and Ca(2+) influx in human ASM cells. STIM1 could be an important molecule responsible for airway remodeling. ..
- Shimizu S, Naitoh I, Nakazawa T, Hayashi K, Miyabe K, Kondo H, et al. Predictive factors for pancreatitis and cholecystitis in endoscopic covered metal stenting for distal malignant biliary obstruction. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013;28:68-72 pubmed publisher..We aimed to clarify predictive factors for pancreatitis and cholecystitis after covered SEMS placement...
- Iwase T, Jo Y, Oveson B. Effect of prophylactic 360° laser treatment for prevention of retinal detachment after phacovitrectomy: (Prophylactic 360° laser treatment for prevention of retinal detachment). BMC Ophthalmol. 2013;13:77 pubmed publisher..092). Intraoperative 360° laser retinopexy following phacovitrectomy resulted in a significant reduction in the rate of postoperative retinal detachment in MH cases. ..
- Matsuguchi T, Takagi K, Musikacharoen T, Yoshikai Y. Gene expressions of lipopolysaccharide receptors, toll-like receptors 2 and 4, are differently regulated in mouse T lymphocytes. Blood. 2000;95:1378-85 pubmed..Our results indicate that both mTLR2 and mTLR4 are involved in LPS signaling, but their expressions are regulated differently in T cells, and that LPS may directly affect T-cell functions by binding to TLRs. (Blood. 2000;95:1378-1385) ..
- Morita A, Kobayashi K, Isomura I, Tsuji T, Krutmann J. Ultraviolet A1 (340-400 nm) phototherapy for scleroderma in systemic sclerosis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2000;43:670-4 pubmed..These studies indicate that UVA1 phototherapy is effective for patients with systemic sclerosis. ..
- Izawa H, Yamada Y, Okada T, Tanaka M, Hirayama H, Yokota M. Prediction of genetic risk for hypertension. Hypertension. 2003;41:1035-40 pubmed
- Suzuki K, Nishimura T, Baba S. Current status of bacterial resistance in the otolaryngology field: results from the Second Nationwide Survey in Japan. J Infect Chemother. 2003;9:46-52 pubmed..Of these 281 strains of H. influenzae, 214 had nontypable capsules. In conclusion, the major bacterial species showed resistance to beta-lactams, indicating that care should be taken when selecting an appropriate antimicrobial agent. ..
- Iwatsuki K, Akihisa T, Tokuda H, Ukiya M, Oshikubo M, Kimura Y, et al. Lucidenic acids P and Q, methyl lucidenate P, and other triterpenoids from the fungus Ganoderma lucidum and their inhibitory effects on Epstein-Barr virus activation. J Nat Prod. 2003;66:1582-5 pubmed..All of the compounds tested showed potent inhibitory effects on EBV-EA induction (96-100% inhibition at 1 x 10(3) mol ratio/TPA). ..
- Yamada H, Tsuzuki T, Yokoi K, Kobayashi H. Solitary fibrous tumor of the kidney originating from the renal capsule and fed by the renal capsular artery. Pathol Int. 2004;54:914-7 pubmed..The origin of SFT of the kidney remains uncertain. The tumor in this case merged with the renal capsule and was fed by the renal capsular artery, which suggests that some SFT of the kidney originate from the renal capsule...
- Shibata K, Kikkawa F, Mizokami Y, Kajiyama H, Ino K, Nomura S, et al. Possible involvement of adipocyte-derived leucine aminopeptidase via angiotensin II in endometrial carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2005;26:9-16 pubmed..These findings suggest that the assessment of RAS and A-LAP status provides clinically useful prognostic information in patients with endometrial carcinoma. ..
- Oguri T, Achiwa H, Bessho Y, Muramatsu H, Maeda H, Niimi T, et al. The role of thymidylate synthase and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase in resistance to 5-fluorouracil in human lung cancer cells. Lung Cancer. 2005;49:345-51 pubmed..Therefore, the expression levels of TS and DPD genes may be useful indicators of 5-FU activity in lung cancer. ..
- Lee M, Aoki M, Kondo T, Kobayashi K, Okumura K, Komori K, et al. Therapeutic angiogenesis with intramuscular injection of low-dose recombinant granulocyte-colony stimulating factor. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005;25:2535-41 pubmed..Local injection of low doses rhG-CSF effectively augmented ischemia-induced angiogenesis in vivo. This treatment regimen of low-dose rhG-CSF may become a new and safe modality for therapeutic angiogenesis. ..
- Yamashita Y, Tsurumi T, Mori N, Kiyono T. Immortalization of Epstein-Barr virus-negative human B lymphocytes with minimal chromosomal instability. Pathol Int. 2006;56:659-67 pubmed..Furthermore, using this system, it is possible to analyze the role of individual genes in human B lymphocyte immortalization without the influence of a pre-existing Epstein-Barr virus genome. ..
- Ogasawara N, Tsukamoto T, Mizoshita T, Inada K, Cao X, Takenaka Y, et al. Mutations and nuclear accumulation of beta-catenin correlate with intestinal phenotypic expression in human gastric cancer. Histopathology. 2006;49:612-21 pubmed..5%). Intestinal phenotypic expression is accompanied by a shift from membranous to cytoplasmic/nuclear accumulation of beta-catenin. In contrast, N-type regions may progress along a different pathway. ..
- Osman O, Fong M, Devi S. A preliminary study of dengue infection in Brunei. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2007;60:205-8 pubmed..This study is the first to report the detection and isolation of dengue virus from Brunei using RT-PCR and culture in the C6/36 albopictus mosquito cell line. ..
- Naiki Ito A, Asamoto M, Hokaiwado N, Takahashi S, Yamashita H, Tsuda H, et al. Gpx2 is an overexpressed gene in rat breast cancers induced by three different chemical carcinogens. Cancer Res. 2007;67:11353-8 pubmed..Thus, these data suggested that GPX2 may be involved in mammary carcinogenesis and cell proliferation in both rats and humans, indicating that GPX2 may be a novel target for the prevention and therapy of breast cancer. ..
- Takayama S, Takahashi H, Matsuo Y, Okada Y, Manabe T. Effects of Helicobacter pylori infection on human pancreatic cancer cell line. Hepatogastroenterology. 2007;54:2387-91 pubmed..Helicobacter pylori infection of human pancreatic cells may increase malignant potential of pancreatic cells, which seems to involve the same mechanisms as in gastric cancer cells. ..
- Kanda M, Nomoto S, Nishikawa Y, Sugimoto H, Kanazumi N, Takeda S, et al. Correlations of the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor B and its isoforms in hepatocellular carcinoma with clinico-pathological parameters. J Surg Oncol. 2008;98:190-6 pubmed publisher..027). The result in VEGF-B167 was similar to total VEGF-B. Our results indicated that the expression of VEGF-B is correlated with tumor growth and invasiveness in HCC. VEGF-B167 seemed to be the clinically dominant isoform. ..
- Yamashita H, Takahashi S, Ito Y, Yamashita T, Ando Y, Toyama T, et al. Predictors of response to exemestane as primary endocrine therapy in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:2028-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, the analysis of factors involved in the estrogen-dependent growth-signaling pathways may be useful in identifying patients responsive to exemestane. ..
- Katayama K, Goto K, Ishida K, Ogita F. Substrate utilization during exercise and recovery at moderate altitude. Metabolism. 2010;59:959-66 pubmed publisher..It is also suggested that moderate hypoxia influences the changes in circulating metabolites and hormones in terms of substrate metabolism during exercise and the recovery. ..
- Miyake Y, Ito C, Tokuda H, Osawa T, Itoigawa M. Evaluation of flavoglaucin, its derivatives and pyranonigrins produced by molds used in fermented foods for inhibiting tumor promotion. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:1120-2 pubmed..Flavoglaucin and its derivatives exhibited high activity. Flavoglaucin and such a derivative as isodihydroauroglaucin inhibited mouse skin tumor promotion in a two-stage carcinogenesis test and appear to be antitumor promoters. ..
- Kunishima S, Saito H. Advances in the understanding of MYH9 disorders. Curr Opin Hematol. 2010;17:405-10 pubmed publisher..A genetic diagnosis is mandatory for an accurate prognosis of nonhematological complications and management or possibly prophylactic treatment. ..
- ..Based on these findings, the future prospect and direction of lymphoma research will be discussed...
- Matsuo K, Rossi M, Negri E, Oze I, Hosono S, Ito H, et al. Folate, alcohol, and aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 polymorphism and the risk of oral and pharyngeal cancer in Japanese. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2012;21:193-8 pubmed publisher..Interaction between folate consumption, drinking, and ALDH2 genotype was remarkable (three-way interaction, P<0.001). We observed significant interaction among folate, drinking, and ALDH2 genotype in the Japanese population. ..
- Sonoda H, Takase H, Dohi Y, Kimura G. Factors associated with brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity in the general population. J Hum Hypertens. 2012;26:701-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the baPWV value is independently associated with individual salt intake and cardiac and renal damage, and could be a useful procedure for identifying individuals with concealed risk of cardiovascular disease. ..