Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression profiling in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Topic: gene expression profiling
Publications121 found, 100 shown here
- Mizuno K, Kojima Y, Kamisawa H, Moritoki Y, Nishio H, Kohri K, et al. Gene expression profile during testicular development in patients with SRY-negative 46,XX testicular disorder of sex development. Urology. 2013;82:1453.e1-7 pubmed publisher..Testes formation might be initiated by an alternative signaling pathway attributed to ROCK1, not SRY, activation in XX testes. ..
- Okamoto M, Miyata T, Konno D, Ueda H, Kasukawa T, Hashimoto M, et al. Cell-cycle-independent transitions in temporal identity of mammalian neural progenitor cells. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11349 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the timing mechanisms controlling AP temporal identity function independently of cell-cycle progression and Notch activation mode. ..
- Yamamoto M, Tanaka F, Sobue G. [Gene expression profile of spinal ventral horn in ALS]. Brain Nerve. 2007;59:1129-39 pubmed
- Aya K, Suzuki G, Suwabe K, Hobo T, Takahashi H, Shiono K, et al. Comprehensive network analysis of anther-expressed genes in rice by the combination of 33 laser microdissection and 143 spatiotemporal microarrays. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26162 pubmed publisher..The co-expression network data presented here is a useful resource for rice researchers to elucidate important and complex biological events. ..
- Seki M, Kimura S, Isobe T, Yoshida K, Ueno H, Nakajima Takagi Y, et al. Recurrent SPI1 (PU.1) fusions in high-risk pediatric T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1274-1281 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight a unique role of SPI1 fusions in high-risk pediatric T-ALL. ..
- Niida H, Nakanishi M. [A novel mammalian DNA polymerase: DNA polymerase lambda (pol lambda)]. Seikagaku. 2002;74:224-6 pubmed
- Sasaki H, Ide N, Yukiue H, Kobayashi Y, Fukai I, Yamakawa Y, et al. Arg and DAP3 expression was correlated with human thymoma stage. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2004;21:507-13 pubmed..The combined use of oligonucleotide microarray and real-time RT-PCR analyses provided a candidate molecular marker surrounding the development and progression of thymoma correlated with chromosome 1q. ..
- Tsukamoto H, Kato T, Enomoto A, Nakamura N, Shimono Y, Jijiwa M, et al. Expression of Ret finger protein correlates with outcomes in endometrial cancer. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1895-901 pubmed publisher..Positive RFP expression is a predictive marker for an unfavorable clinical outcome in patients with endometrial cancer. ..
- Itoh Y, Hatano N, Hayashi H, Onozaki K, Miyazawa K, Muraki K. An environmental sensor, TRPV4 is a novel regulator of intracellular Ca2+ in human synoviocytes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;297:C1082-90 pubmed publisher..Treatment of RA but not MH7A cells with 4alphaPDD for 24 h reduced their production of IL-8. These results suggest that an environmental sensor, TRPV4, is a novel regulator of intracellular Ca(2+) in human synoviocytes. ..
- Nakamura S, Yamada Y, Katagiri W, Sugito T, Ito K, Ueda M. Stem cell proliferation pathways comparison between human exfoliated deciduous teeth and dental pulp stem cells by gene expression profile from promising dental pulp. J Endod. 2009;35:1536-42 pubmed publisher..Because of its advantages of a higher proliferation capability, abundant cell supply, and painless stem cell collection with minimal invasion, SHED could be a desirable option as a cell source for potential therapeutic applications. ..
- Fujiwara Y, Honda A, Satoh M. DNA microarray gene expression analysis of human vascular endothelial cells exposed to arsenite. J Toxicol Sci. 2010;35:275-8 pubmed..Among the 64 genes whose expression was changed in some way, HBMEC and HCAEC had 5 up-regulated and 12 down-regulated genes in common. ..
- Tsuzuki S, Taguchi O, Seto M. Promotion and maintenance of leukemia by ERG. Blood. 2011;117:3858-68 pubmed publisher..In line with this, shRNA-mediated silencing of ERG expression attenuated growth of human leukemia cell lines of various lineages. Thus, ERG is capable of promoting the development of leukemia and is crucial for its maintenance. ..
- Jung C, Hida H, Nakahira K, Ikenaka K, Kim H, Nishino H. Pleiotrophin mRNA is highly expressed in neural stem (progenitor) cells of mouse ventral mesencephalon and the product promotes production of dopaminergic neurons from embryonic stem cell-derived nestin-positive cells. FASEB J. 2004;18:1237-9 pubmed..Data suggest that PTN mRNA is highly expressed in neural stem (progenitor) cells of mouse ventral mesencephalon, and PTN promotes the production of DAergic neurons from ES cell-derived nestin-positive cells. ..
- Katada T, Ishiguro H, Kuwabara Y, Kimura M, Mitui A, Mori Y, et al. microRNA expression profile in undifferentiated gastric cancer. Int J Oncol. 2009;34:537-42 pubmed..Our investigation provides a list of candidate miRNAs that may be associated with the prognosis in undifferentiated gastric cancer patients. Further study is warranted to identify the target genes of these miRNAs and their function. ..
- Yamada T, Akamatsu H, Hasegawa S, Inoue Y, Date Y, Mizutani H, et al. Melanocyte stem cells express receptors for canonical Wnt-signaling pathway on their surface. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:837-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that Fzd4(+) and Fzd7(+) cells were more immature than melanoblasts, therefore raising the possibility that Fzd4(+) and Fzd7(+) cells are MSCs. ..
- Ebisawa K, Kato R, Okada M, Sugimura T, Latif M, Hori Y, et al. Gingival and dermal fibroblasts: their similarities and differences revealed from gene expression. J Biosci Bioeng. 2011;111:255-8 pubmed publisher..These results help us to choose an optimal cell source for effective fibroblast-based cell therapy that is dependent on differential gene expression profiles. ..
- Hayashi M, Nomoto S, Kanda M, Okamura Y, Nishikawa Y, Yamada S, et al. Identification of the A kinase anchor protein 12 (AKAP12) gene as a candidate tumor suppressor of hepatocellular carcinoma. J Surg Oncol. 2012;105:381-6 pubmed publisher..The current data suggest that AKAP12 is downregulated in cancer tissues through promoter hypermethylation, and may have a role as a candidate tumor suppressor gene for HCC. ..
- Ito S, Tanaka Y, Nishio N, Thanasegaran S, Isobe K. Establishment of self-renewable GM-CSF-dependent immature macrophages in vitro from murine bone marrow. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76943 pubmed publisher..In conclusion we have established self-renewable GM-CSF-dependent immature macrophages in vitro from murine BM, which differentiate to M1 or M2 macrophages. ..
- Uranishi M, Iida S, Sanda T, Ishida T, Tajima E, Ito M, et al. Multiple myeloma oncogene 1 (MUM1)/interferon regulatory factor 4 (IRF4) upregulates monokine induced by interferon-gamma (MIG) gene expression in B-cell malignancy. Leukemia. 2005;19:1471-8 pubmed..Leukemia (2005) 19, 1471-1478. doi:10.1038/sj.leu.2403833; published online 16 June 2005. ..
- Ito Y, Shibata Watanabe Y, Ushijima Y, Kawada J, Nishiyama Y, Kojima S, et al. Oligonucleotide microarray analysis of gene expression profiles followed by real-time reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction assay in chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infection. J Infect Dis. 2008;197:663-6 pubmed publisher..These genes may be associated with the inflammatory reaction or with cell proliferation. ..
- Liu P, Lassén E, Nair V, Berthier C, Suguro M, Sihlbom C, et al. Transcriptomic and Proteomic Profiling Provides Insight into Mesangial Cell Function in IgA Nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2961-2972 pubmed publisher..The genes, proteins, and corresponding pathways identified provide novel insights into the pathophysiologic mechanisms leading to IgAN. ..
- Ashikari M, Sakakibara H, Lin S, Yamamoto T, Takashi T, Nishimura A, et al. Cytokinin oxidase regulates rice grain production. Science. 2005;309:741-5 pubmed..QTL pyramiding to combine loci for grain number and plant height in the same genetic background generated lines exhibiting both beneficial traits. These results provide a strategy for tailormade crop improvement. ..
- Matsuno M, Nagatsu A, Ogihara Y, Ellis B, Mizukami H. CYP98A6 from Lithospermum erythrorhizon encodes 4-coumaroyl-4'-hydroxyphenyllactic acid 3-hydroxylase involved in rosmarinic acid biosynthesis. FEBS Lett. 2002;514:219-24 pubmed..erythrorhizon cells, and its expression pattern reflected the elicitor-induced change in rosmarinic acid production, indicating that CYP98A6 plays an important role in regulation of rosmarinic acid biosynthesis...
- Sasaki H, Ide N, Sendo F, Takeda Y, Adachi M, Fukai I, et al. Glycosylphosphatidyl inositol-anchored protein (GPI-80) gene expression is correlated with human thymoma stage. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:809-13 pubmed..The combined use of oligonucleotide microarray, real-time RT-PCR, and ELISA analyses provides a powerful new approach to elucidate the in vivo molecular events surrounding the development and progression of thymoma. ..
- Takahashi H, Nemoto T, Yoshida T, Honda H, Hasegawa T. Cancer diagnosis marker extraction for soft tissue sarcomas based on gene expression profiling data by using projective adaptive resonance theory (PART) filtering method. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:399 pubmed..The results suggest that novel diagnostic and therapeutic targets for STS can be extracted by a procedure that includes the PART filtering method. ..
- Aya K, Ueguchi Tanaka M, Kondo M, Hamada K, Yano K, Nishimura M, et al. Gibberellin modulates anther development in rice via the transcriptional regulation of GAMYB. Plant Cell. 2009;21:1453-72 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that GA regulates exine formation and the PCD of tapetal cells and that direct activation of CYP703A3 by GAMYB is key to exine formation. ..
- Kanda M, Nomoto S, Okamura Y, Nishikawa Y, Sugimoto H, Kanazumi N, et al. Detection of metallothionein 1G as a methylated tumor suppressor gene in human hepatocellular carcinoma using a novel method of double combination array analysis. Int J Oncol. 2009;35:477-83 pubmed..0978). Our results indicated that MT1G acts as a tumor suppressor gene in HCC. Moreover, findings suggested that the mechanisms of MT1G silencing are related to promoter hypermethylation. ..
- Ichiyanagi N, Fujimori K, Yano M, Ishihara Fujisaki C, Sone T, Akiyama T, et al. Establishment of In Vitro FUS-Associated Familial Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Model Using Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;6:496-510 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that iPSC-derived motor neurons are a useful tool for analyzing the pathogenesis of human motor neuron disorders. ..
- Takahashi A, Muramatsu H, Takagi S, Fujisawa H, Miyake Y, Muramatsu T. A splicing factor, Prp8: preferential localization in the testis and ovary in adult mice. J Biochem. 2001;129:599-606 pubmed..Prp8 was shown to bind to midkine (MK), a heparin-binding growth factor. Since Prp8 expression partially overlaps with the sites of action of MK, it is possible that binding to Prp8 is involved in part of MK signaling. ..
- Ono H, Nakao N, Yoshimura T. Identification of the photoperiodic signaling pathway regulating seasonal reproduction using the functional genomics approach. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2009;163:2-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, a functional genomics approach, which is a discovery-driven approach, provides new insights in the field of endocrinology. ..
- Karube K, Nakagawa M, Tsuzuki S, Takeuchi I, Honma K, Nakashima Y, et al. Identification of FOXO3 and PRDM1 as tumor-suppressor gene candidates in NK-cell neoplasms by genomic and functional analyses. Blood. 2011;118:3195-204 pubmed publisher..PRDM1 and FOXO3 are considered to play an important role in the pathogenesis of NK-cell neoplasms. ..
- Fukuda N, Ichihara M, Morinaga T, Kawai K, Hayashi H, Murakumo Y, et al. Identification of a novel glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor-inducible gene required for renal branching morphogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50386-92 pubmed
- Asano H, Murate T, Naoe T, Saito H, Stamatoyannopoulos G. Molecular cloning and characterization of ZFF29: a protein containing a unique Cys2His2 zinc-finger motif. Biochem J. 2004;384:647-53 pubmed..A unique zinc-finger motif composed of two contiguous Cys(2)His(2)-type fingers is common to both forms of ZFF29. They are nuclear proteins and ZFF29b, but not ZFF29a, is an activator of erythroid gene promoters. ..
- Sawa M, Yamamoto K, Yokozawa T, Kiyoi H, Hishida A, Kajiguchi T, et al. BMI-1 is highly expressed in M0-subtype acute myeloid leukemia. Int J Hematol. 2005;82:42-7 pubmed..These results indicated that a subgroup of M0 patients has a high expression level of polycomb group gene BMI-1, which may contribute to leukemogenesis. ..
- Miwa K, Serikawa M, Suzuki S, Kondo T, Oyama T. Conserved expression profiles of circadian clock-related genes in two Lemna species showing long-day and short-day photoperiodic flowering responses. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:601-12 pubmed..However, divergence of gene numbers and expression profiles for LHY/CCA1 homologs were found between Lemna, rice and Arabidopsis, suggesting that some modification of clock-related components occurred through their evolution. ..
- Inoue Y, Hasegawa S, Yamada T, Date Y, Mizutani H, Nakata S, et al. Bimodal effect of retinoic acid on melanocyte differentiation identified by time-dependent analysis. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2012;25:299-311 pubmed publisher..It was revealed for the first time that melanocytes show markedly different reactions to RA depending on the stage of differentiation. ..
- Ikegami K, Iigo M, Yoshimura T. Circadian clock gene Per2 is not necessary for the photoperiodic response in mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58482 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the Per2 clock gene is not necessary for the photoperiodic response in mice. ..
- Yamauchi K, Kokuryo T, Yokoyama Y, Uehara K, Yamaguchi J, Nagino M. Prediction of Early Recurrence After Curative Resection of Colorectal Liver Metastasis and Subsequent S-1 Chemotherapy. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2175-9 pubmed..Although the exact reason for down-regulation of these genes in the group with poor prognosis is unknown, the information obtained in this study may be useful in clinical practice for colorectal cancer. ..
- Ohnishi H, Asamoto M, Tujimura K, Hokaiwado N, Takahashi S, Ogawa K, et al. Inhibition of cell proliferation by nobiletin, a dietary phytochemical, associated with apoptosis and characteristic gene expression, but lack of effect on early rat hepatocarcinogenesis in vivo. Cancer Sci. 2004;95:936-42 pubmed..These results suggest that phytochemicals might have chemopreventive potential in late stages of hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Nakamura M, Tomita A, Nakatani H, Matsuda T, Nadano D. Antioxidant and antibacterial genes are upregulated in early involution of the mouse mammary gland: sharp increase of ceruloplasmin and lactoferrin in accumulating breast milk. DNA Cell Biol. 2006;25:491-500 pubmed..Ceruloplasmin and lactoferrin may cooperate in the defense of the mammary gland in the postlactation period. ..
- Shi R, Lee J, Hayashi Y, Takeuchi Y, Kambe F, Futaki S, et al. Long-term amiodarone treatment causes cardioselective hypothyroid-like alteration in gene expression profile. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;578:270-8 pubmed..The potent anti-arrhythmic activity of amiodarone may be attributable, in part at least, to this unique transcriptional remodeling. ..
- Sato N, Sugimura Y, Hayashi Y, Murase T, Kanou Y, Kikkawa F, et al. Identification of genes differentially expressed in mouse fetuses from streptozotocin-induced diabetic pregnancy by cDNA subtraction. Endocr J. 2008;55:317-23 pubmed..Our results suggest that an altered gene expression profile in embryos underlies the development of congenital malformation in diabetic pregnancies. ..
- Hara K, Yamada Y, Nakamura S, Umemura E, Ito K, Ueda M. Potential characteristics of stem cells from human exfoliated deciduous teeth compared with bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells for mineralized tissue-forming cell biology. J Endod. 2011;37:1647-52 pubmed publisher..These results might be useful for effective cell-based tissue regeneration, including that of bone, pulp, and dentin, by applying the characteristics of SHED. ..
- Jiang Y, Yamamoto M, Kobayashi Y, Yoshihara T, Liang Y, Terao S, et al. Gene expression profile of spinal motor neurons in sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Ann Neurol. 2005;57:236-51 pubmed..The motor neuron-specific gene expression profile in sporadic ALS can provide direct information on the genes leading to neurodegeneration and neuronal death and are helpful for developing new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Kawada J, Kimura H, Kamachi Y, Nishikawa K, Taniguchi M, Nagaoka K, et al. Analysis of gene-expression profiles by oligonucleotide microarray in children with influenza. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:1677-83 pubmed..These results should help to clarify the pathogenesis of influenza and its neurological complications. ..
- Tokumaru S, Suzuki M, Yamada H, Nagino M, Takahashi T. let-7 regulates Dicer expression and constitutes a negative feedback loop. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:2073-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings strongly suggest the possible existence of a novel regulatory loop, in which let-7 may play a role as a key miRNA for implementing the tightly regulated, equilibrated state of Dicer and various miRNAs. ..
- Hong Z, Ueguchi Tanaka M, Shimizu Sato S, Inukai Y, Fujioka S, Shimada Y, et al. Loss-of-function of a rice brassinosteroid biosynthetic enzyme, C-6 oxidase, prevents the organized arrangement and polar elongation of cells in the leaves and stem. Plant J. 2002;32:495-508 pubmed..On the basis of these findings, we discuss the biological function of BRs in rice plants. ..
- Sasaki H, Nonaka M, Fujii Y, Yamakawa Y, Fukai I, Kiriyama M, et al. Expression of the prothymosin-a gene as a prognostic factor in lung cancer. Surg Today. 2001;31:936-8 pubmed..PTalpha mRNA overexpression in lung cancer was correlated with a poor prognosis. ..
- Tominaga K, Kagata T, Johmura Y, Hishida T, Nishizuka M, Imagawa M. SLC39A14, a LZT protein, is induced in adipogenesis and transports zinc. FEBS J. 2005;272:1590-9 pubmed..The zinc uptake assay revealed that SLC39A14 functions as a zinc transporter. Taken together, these results suggest that SLC39A14 plays a role as a zinc transporter during the early stages of adipogenesis. ..
- Yamamura H, Ugawa S, Ueda T, Shimada S. Expression analysis of the epithelial Na+ channel delta subunit in human melanoma G-361 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;366:489-92 pubmed..In addition, human melanoma cells possessed an abundant expression of ENaC delta protein by immunocytochemistry. These results provide an attractive target for drug development of malignant melanoma. ..
- Nakamichi N, Kusano M, Fukushima A, Kita M, Ito S, Yamashino T, et al. Transcript profiling of an Arabidopsis PSEUDO RESPONSE REGULATOR arrhythmic triple mutant reveals a role for the circadian clock in cold stress response. Plant Cell Physiol. 2009;50:447-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PRR9, PRR7 and PRR5 are involved in a mechanism that anticipates diurnal cold stress and which initiates a stress response by mediating cyclic expression of stress response genes, including DREB1/CBF. ..
- Nakagawa M, Tsuzuki S, Honma K, Taguchi O, Seto M. Synergistic effect of Bcl2, Myc and Ccnd1 transforms mouse primary B cells into malignant cells. Haematologica. 2011;96:1318-26 pubmed publisher..Our new synergism-based method is useful for the identification of synergistic gene combinations in tumor development, and may expand our systemic understanding of a wide range of cancer-causing elements. ..
- Sugiyama M, Banno R, Mizoguchi A, Tominaga T, Tsunekawa T, Onoue T, et al. PTP1B deficiency improves hypothalamic insulin sensitivity resulting in the attenuation of AgRP mRNA expression under high-fat diet conditions. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:116-121 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest a deficiency of PTP1B improves hypothalamic insulin sensitivity resulting in the attenuation of AgRP mRNA expression under HFD conditions. ..
- Enya K, Hayashi H, Takii T, Ohoka N, Kanata S, Okamoto T, et al. The interaction with Sp1 and reduction in the activity of histone deacetylase 1 are critical for the constitutive gene expression of IL-1 alpha in human melanoma cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;83:190-9 pubmed..These results indicate that the reduction in the activity and interaction of HDAC1 with Sp1 are critical for the constitutive IL-1 alpha gene expression. ..
- Yamamoto S, Inoue K, Ohta K, Fukatsu R, Maeda J, Yoshida Y, et al. Identification and functional characterization of rat riboflavin transporter 2. J Biochem. 2009;145:437-43 pubmed publisher..Such ability to transport riboflavin in a specific manner, together with its high expression in the small intestine, indicates that RFT2 may play a role in the intestinal absorption of riboflavin. ..
- Goto Y, Shinjo K, Kondo Y, Shen L, Toyota M, Suzuki H, et al. Epigenetic profiles distinguish malignant pleural mesothelioma from lung adenocarcinoma. Cancer Res. 2009;69:9073-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings show a characteristic epigenetic profile of MPM and uncover multiple distinct epigenetic abnormalities that lead to the silencing of tumor suppressor genes in MPM and could serve as diagnostic or prognostic targets. ..
- Okamura Y, Nomoto S, Kanda M, Hayashi M, Nishikawa Y, Fujii T, et al. Reduced expression of reelin (RELN) gene is associated with high recurrence rate of hepatocellular carcinoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011;18:572-9 pubmed publisher..We suggest RELN is a key regulatory gene associated with the recurrence of HCC. ..
- ..Based on these findings, the future prospect and direction of lymphoma research will be discussed...
- Kubota E, Kataoka H, Tanaka M, Okamoto Y, Ebi M, Hirata Y, et al. ERas enhances resistance to CPT-11 in gastric cancer. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:3353-60 pubmed..ERas induces chemoresistance to CPT-11 via activation of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase-protein kinase ? mTOR pathway and NF-?B, and consequently results in up-regulation of ABCG2. ..
- Ichihara Tanaka K, Kadomatsu K, Kishida S. Temporally and Spatially Regulated Expression of the Linker Histone H1fx During Mouse Development. J Histochem Cytochem. 2017;65:513-530 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that H1fx is preferentially expressed in immature embryonic cells and plays some roles in cells with neural properties. ..
- Asamoto M, Hokaiwado N, Cho Y, Takahashi S, Ikeda Y, Imaida K, et al. Prostate carcinomas developing in transgenic rats with SV40 T antigen expression under probasin promoter control are strictly androgen dependent. Cancer Res. 2001;61:4693-700 pubmed..The results suggested that our model is suitable to investigate mechanisms of carcinogenesis, including androgen dependence, involution, and apoptosis. ..
- Ishigaki S, Niwa J, Ando Y, Yoshihara T, Sawada K, Doyu M, et al. Differentially expressed genes in sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis spinal cords--screening by molecular indexing and subsequent cDNA microarray analysis. FEBS Lett. 2002;531:354-8 pubmed..These results indicated that genes associated with the ubiquitin-proteasome system, oxidative toxicity, transcription, neuronal differentiation and inflammation might be involved in the pathogenesis of SALS. ..
- Shimizu K, Hayashi S, Kako T, Suzuki M, Tsukagoshi N, Doukyu N, et al. Discovery of glpC, an organic solvent tolerance-related gene in Escherichia coli, using gene expression profiles from DNA microarrays. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:1093-6 pubmed..Among these genes, glpC encoding the anaerobic glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase subunit C remarkably increased the organic solvent tolerance. ..
- Ino K, Shibata K, Kajiyama H, Yamamoto E, Nagasaka T, Nawa A, et al. Angiotensin II type 1 receptor expression in ovarian cancer and its correlation with tumour angiogenesis and patient survival. Br J Cancer. 2006;94:552-60 pubmed..These results demonstrated that AT1R correlated with tumour angiogenesis and poor patient outcome in ovarian cancer, suggesting its clinical potential for a novel molecular target in strategies for ovarian cancer treatment. ..
- Hishida T, Naito K, Osada S, Nishizuka M, Imagawa M. peg10, an imprinted gene, plays a crucial role in adipocyte differentiation. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:4272-8 pubmed..These findings strongly indicate that peg10 plays a crucial role at the immediate early stage of adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Yamashita H. Current research topics in endocrine therapy for breast cancer. Int J Clin Oncol. 2008;13:380-3 pubmed publisher..New insights into ER biology and progress in the understanding of resistance mechanisms are generating tremendous promise for new therapeutic opportunities to target resistance and improve disease outcomes. ..
- Tomida S, Takeuchi T, Shimada Y, Arima C, Matsuo K, Mitsudomi T, et al. Relapse-related molecular signature in lung adenocarcinomas identifies patients with dismal prognosis. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:2793-9 pubmed publisher..RRS-82 may be useful for identifying adenocarcinoma patients at very high risk for relapse, even those with cancer in the early stage. ..
- Hu Q, Akatsuka S, Yamashita Y, Ohara H, Nagai H, Okazaki Y, et al. Homozygous deletion of CDKN2A/2B is a hallmark of iron-induced high-grade rat mesothelioma. Lab Invest. 2010;90:360-73 pubmed publisher..These results not only show two distinct molecular pathways for iron-induced peritoneal mesothelioma, but also support the hypothesis that oxidative stress by iron overload is a major cause of CDKN2A/2B homozygous deletion. ..
- Gotoh K, Ito Y, Ohta R, Iwata S, Nishiyama Y, Nakamura T, et al. Immunologic and virologic analyses in pediatric liver transplant recipients with chronic high Epstein-Barr virus loads. J Infect Dis. 2010;202:461-9 pubmed publisher..EBV-infected cells in the blood of chronic high EBV load carriers expressed a highly restricted set of latency genes, suggesting that the EBV-infected cells escaped from a T cell response. ..
- Sakiyama J, Yamagishi A, Kuroiwa A. Tbx4-Fgf10 system controls lung bud formation during chicken embryonic development. Development. 2003;130:1225-34 pubmed..These results suggested that Tbx4 governs multiple processes during respiratory tract development; i.e. the initial endodermal bud formation, respiratory endoderm formation, and septation of the respiratory tract and the esophagus. ..
- Chen G, Muramatsu H, Ichihara Tanaka K, Muramatsu T. Expression profile of mouse BWF1, a protein with a BEACH domain, WD40 domain and FYVE domain. Cell Struct Funct. 2004;29:35-42 pubmed..Confocal microscopy studies of the epitope-tagged BWF1 protein showed that the protein was a cytoplasmic one. ..
- Okabe M, Miyabe S, Nagatsuka H, Terada A, Hanai N, Yokoi M, et al. MECT1-MAML2 fusion transcript defines a favorable subset of mucoepidermoid carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:3902-7 pubmed..The MECT1-MAML2 fusion transcript may be specific to mucoepidermoid carcinoma and associated with a distinct mucoepidermoid carcinoma subset that exhibits favorable clinicopathologic features and an indolent clinical course. ..
- Ohtsuka H, Mita S, Ogawa Y, Azuma K, Ito H, Aiba H. A novel gene, ecl1(+), extends the chronological lifespan in fission yeast. FEMS Yeast Res. 2008;8:520-30 pubmed publisher..From these results we propose that the effect of Ecl1 overproduction may be mainly linked to and negatively affects the Pka1-dependent pathway. ..
- Saiki T, Kawai T, Morita K, Ohta M, Saito T, Rokutan K, et al. Identification of marker genes for differential diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome. Mol Med. 2008;14:599-607 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the defined gene cluster (9 genes) may be useful for detecting pathological responses in CFS patients and for differential diagnosis of this syndrome. ..
- Griesing S, Kajino T, Tai M, Liu Z, Nakatochi M, Shimada Y, et al. Thyroid transcription factor-1-regulated microRNA-532-5p targets KRAS and MKL2 oncogenes and induces apoptosis in lung adenocarcinoma cells. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1394-1404 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings show that miR-532-5p is a novel transcriptional target of TTF-1 that plays a tumor suppressive role by targeting KRAS and MKL2 in lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Aoki N, Aoyama K, Nagata M, Matsuda T. A growing family of dual specificity phosphatases with low molecular masses. J Biochem. 2001;130:133-40 pubmed..Taken together, it is conceivable that a distinct class of low molecular mass DSPs is present and plays a role in dephosphorylating unknown molecules other than MAP kinases. ..
- Ohno M, Natsume A, Kondo Y, Iwamizu H, Motomura K, Toda H, et al. The modulation of microRNAs by type I IFN through the activation of signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 in human glioma. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:2022-30 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the importance of understanding the transcriptional regulation of the miRNAs involved in oncogenesis. ..
- Taniguchi M, Nakamura M, Tasaka M, Morita M. Identification of gravitropic response indicator genes in Arabidopsis inflorescence stems. Plant Signal Behav. 2014;9:e29570 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that IAA5 is a sensitive GRI to monitor asymmetric auxin signaling caused by gravistimulation in Arabidopsis inflorescence stems. ..
- Imai K, Nakata K, Kawai K, Hamano T, Mei N, Kasai H, et al. Induction of OGG1 gene expression by HIV-1 Tat. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26701-13 pubmed..These findings collectively indicate the possibility that Tat may play a role in maintenance of the genetic integrity of the proviral and host cellular genomes by up-regulating OGG1 as a feed-forward mechanism. ..
- Suguro M, Tagawa H, Kagami Y, Okamoto M, Ohshima K, Shiku H, et al. Expression profiling analysis of the CD5+ diffuse large B-cell lymphoma subgroup: development of a CD5 signature. Cancer Sci. 2006;97:868-74 pubmed
- Matsui T, Yamamoto T, Wyder S, Zdobnov E, Kadowaki T. Expression profiles of urbilaterian genes uniquely shared between honey bee and vertebrates. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:17 pubmed publisher..They also demonstrate that at least some of Urbilaterian genes retained in the specific animal lineage may be selectively maintained to support the species-specific phenotypes. ..
- Ishiguro S, Nishimori Y, Yamada M, Saito H, Suzuki T, Nakagawa T, et al. The Arabidopsis FLAKY POLLEN1 gene encodes a 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A synthase required for development of tapetum-specific organelles and fertility of pollen grains. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:896-911 pubmed publisher..These results show that the MVA pathway is essential, at least in tapetal cells and pollen grains, for the development of tapetum-specific organelles and the fertility of pollen grains. ..