Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on drosophila proteins in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Topic: drosophila proteins
- Oba Y, Sato M, Ojika M, Inouye S. Enzymatic and genetic characterization of firefly luciferase and Drosophila CG6178 as a fatty acyl-CoA synthetase. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2005;69:819-28 pubmed..These results suggest that insects have a novel type of fatty acyl-CoA synthetase. ..
- Lim Y, Nishizawa K, Nishi Y, Tsuda L, Inoue Y, Nishida Y. Genetic analysis of rolled, which encodes a Drosophila mitogen-activated protein kinase. Genetics. 1999;153:763-71 pubmed..Involvement of rl in cell proliferation was also demonstrated by clonal analysis. Branching and integration of signals in the MAP kinase cascade is discussed. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Hirose F, Nishimoto Y, Naruge T, Ikeda M, Hachiya T, et al. Expression patterns of DNA replication enzymes and the regulatory factor DREF during Drosophila development analyzed with specific antibodies. Biol Cell. 1995;85:147-55 pubmed..Since DNA polymerase alpha, epsilon and PCNA are hardly detectable in adult males, DREF very likely regulates genes other than those closely linked to DNA replication in adult males. ..
- Shimizu H, Matsuguchi T, Fukuda Y, Nakano I, Hayakawa T, Takeuchi O, et al. Toll-like receptor 2 contributes to liver injury by Salmonella infection through Fas ligand expression on NKT cells in mice. Gastroenterology. 2002;123:1265-77 pubmed..TLR2 may contribute to liver injury induced by Salmonella infection via FasL induction on liver NKT cells. ..
- Kato M, Takeda K, Kawamoto Y, Tsuzuki T, Dai Y, Nakayama S, et al. RET tyrosine kinase enhances hair growth in association with promotion of melanogenesis. Oncogene. 2001;20:7536-41 pubmed..Such growth promotion was not observed in the case of white hairs of RFP-RET-transgenic mice on a BALB/c background. These results suggest that RET works to extend the anagen phase in association with upregulation of melanin production. ..
- Goshima G. Identification of a TPX2-like microtubule-associated protein in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28120 pubmed publisher..Thus, while this conserved spindle protein is present in Drosophila, other mechanisms may largely compensate for its spindle assembly and chromosome segregation functions. ..
- Hayashi Y, Kato M, Seto H, Yamaguchi M. Drosophila distal-less negatively regulates dDREF by inhibiting its DNA binding activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1759:359-66 pubmed..The repression of this dDREF-function by a homeodomain protein like Dll may contribute to the differentiation-coupled repression of cell proliferation during development. ..
- Watanabe T, Ichihara M, Hashimoto M, Shimono K, Shimoyama Y, Nagasaka T, et al. Characterization of gene expression induced by RET with MEN2A or MEN2B mutation. Am J Pathol. 2002;161:249-56 pubmed
- Yamamoto I, Tsukada A, Saito N, Shimada K. cDNA cloning and mRNA expression of Transformer 2 (Tra 2) in chicken embryo. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1579:185-8 pubmed..5 of incubation. These results suggest that the Tra 2 gene may play a role in organogenesis in the chicken embryo. ..
- Tadauchi T, Matsumoto K, Herskowitz I, Irie K. Post-transcriptional regulation through the HO 3'-UTR by Mpt5, a yeast homolog of Pumilio and FBF. EMBO J. 2001;20:552-61 pubmed..These observations suggest that the yeast Puf homolog, Mpt5, negatively regulates HO expression post-transcriptionally. ..
- Tateno M, Nishida Y, Adachi Yamada T. Regulation of JNK by Src during Drosophila development. Science. 2000;287:324-7 pubmed..Thus, activation of the Bsk pathway is required downstream of Src42A in epidermal closure. This work confirms mammalian studies that demonstrated a physiological link between Src and JNK. ..
- Li W, Miki T, Watanabe T, Kakeno M, Sugiyama I, Kaibuchi K, et al. EB1 promotes microtubule dynamics by recruiting Sentin in Drosophila cells. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:973-83 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that EB1 promotes dynamic microtubule behavior by recruiting the cargo protein Sentin and possibly also a microtubule polymerase to the microtubule tip. ..
- Satoh A, Xia H, Yan L, Liu C, Hardie R, Ready D. Arrestin translocation is stoichiometric to rhodopsin isomerization and accelerated by phototransduction in Drosophila photoreceptors. Neuron. 2010;67:997-1008 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Arr2 translocation in Drosophila photoreceptors is driven by diffusion, but profoundly accelerated by phototransduction and Ca2+ influx. ..
- Okajima T, Reddy B, Matsuda T, Irvine K. Contributions of chaperone and glycosyltransferase activities of O-fucosyltransferase 1 to Notch signaling. BMC Biol. 2008;6:1 pubmed publisher..Our results establish that Notch does not need to be O-fucosylated for fringe-independent Notch signaling in Drosophila; the chaperone activity of OFUT1 is sufficient for the generation of functional Notch. ..
- Ohno K, Hirose F, Inoue Y, Takisawa H, Mimura S, Hashimoto Y, et al. cDNA cloning and expression during development of Drosophila melanogaster MCM3, MCM6 and MCM7. Gene. 1998;217:177-85 pubmed
- Takahashi Y, Hirose F, Matsukage A, Yamaguchi M. Identification of three conserved regions in the DREF transcription factors from Drosophila melanogaster and Drosophila virilis. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:510-6 pubmed..The results indicate that both CR1 and CR3 are important for DREF functions...
- Yamashita H, Goto A, Kadowaki T, Kitagawa Y. Mammalian and Drosophila cells adhere to the laminin alpha4 LG4 domain through syndecans, but not glypicans. Biochem J. 2004;382:933-43 pubmed
- Goto A, Kadowaki T, Kitagawa Y. Drosophila hemolectin gene is expressed in embryonic and larval hemocytes and its knock down causes bleeding defects. Dev Biol. 2003;264:582-91 pubmed..The expression of antimicrobial peptides was not significantly affected on hml RNAi adults. Altogether, our data strongly suggest that Hml is involved in hemostasis and/or coagulation in Drosophila larvae. ..
- Niimi T, Yokoyama H, Goto A, Beck K, Kitagawa Y. A Drosophila gene encoding multiple splice variants of Kazal-type serine protease inhibitor-like proteins with potential destinations of mitochondria, cytosol and the secretory pathway. Eur J Biochem. 1999;266:282-92 pubmed..Northern analysis and in situ hybridization showed that the type C3 transcript is predominant and the expression is highest in midgut at larval stage. ..
- Li W, Moriwaki T, Tani T, Watanabe T, Kaibuchi K, Goshima G. Reconstitution of dynamic microtubules with Drosophila XMAP215, EB1, and Sentin. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:849-62 pubmed publisher..We propose that MT dynamics are promoted by the independent as well as the cooperative action of XMAP215(msps) polymerase and the EB1-Sentin duo. ..
- Mitonaka T, Muramatsu Y, Sugiyama S, Mizuno T, Nishida Y. Essential roles of myosin phosphatase in the maintenance of epithelial cell integrity of Drosophila imaginal disc cells. Dev Biol. 2007;309:78-86 pubmed..The requirement of DMBS for the integrity of static epithelial cells in imaginal discs suggests that the regulation of Myosin II by DMBS has a role more general than its previously demonstrated functions in morphogenetic events. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Hayashi Y, Hirose F, Nishimoto Y, Matsukage A. Distinct roles of E2F recognition sites as positive or negative elements in regulation of the DNA polymerase alpha 180 kDa catalytic subunit gene promoter during Drosophila development. Nucleic Acids Res. 1997;25:3847-54 pubmed..Thus E2F sites play distinct roles as positive or negative elements in regulation of the DNA polymerase alpha gene promoter during Drosophila development. ..
- Okamoto N, Yamanaka N, Yagi Y, Nishida Y, Kataoka H, O Connor M, et al. A fat body-derived IGF-like peptide regulates postfeeding growth in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2009;17:885-91 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that DILP6 is a functional, as well as a structural, counterpart of vertebrate IGFs. Our data provide in vivo evidence for a role of ILPs in determining adult body size through the regulation of postfeeding growth...
- Qiao S, Iwashita T, Furukawa T, Yamamoto M, Sobue G, Takahashi M. Differential effects of leukocyte common antigen-related protein on biochemical and biological activities of RET-MEN2A and RET-MEN2B mutant proteins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:9460-7 pubmed..These results thus suggest that LAR may contribute to deactivation of the RET-MEN2A mutant protein and reduction of its oncogenic activity in vivo. ..
- Iwahashi N, Murakami H, Nimura Y, Takahashi M. Activation of RET tyrosine kinase regulates interleukin-8 production by multiple signaling pathways. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;294:642-9 pubmed..In contrast, a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3-K) inhibitor, LY294002, increased its secretion. These results thus suggested that IL-8 production by RET tyrosine kinase is regulated by multiple signaling pathways. ..
- Inoue Y, do Carmo Avides M, Shiraki M, Deak P, Yamaguchi M, Nishimoto Y, et al. Orbit, a novel microtubule-associated protein essential for mitosis in Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:153-66 pubmed
- Goshima G, Mayer M, Zhang N, Stuurman N, Vale R. Augmin: a protein complex required for centrosome-independent microtubule generation within the spindle. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:421-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that an important mitotic function for gamma-tubulin may lie within the spindle, where augmin and gamma-tubulin function cooperatively to amplify the number of microtubules. ..
- Sakaidani Y, Nomura T, Matsuura A, Ito M, Suzuki E, Murakami K, et al. O-linked-N-acetylglucosamine on extracellular protein domains mediates epithelial cell-matrix interactions. Nat Commun. 2011;2:583 pubmed publisher..Thus, O-GlcNAcylation of secreted and membrane glycoproteins is a novel mediator of cell-cell or cell-matrix interactions at the cell surface. ..
- Hirose F, Yamaguchi M, Kuroda K, Omori A, Hachiya T, Ikeda M, et al. Isolation and characterization of cDNA for DREF, a promoter-activating factor for Drosophila DNA replication-related genes. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3930-7 pubmed
- Fukuda T, Kiuchi K, Takahashi M. Novel mechanism of regulation of Rac activity and lamellipodia formation by RET tyrosine kinase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19114-21 pubmed..These findings propose a novel mechanism that receptor tyrosine kinase modulates actin dynamics in neuronal cells via its cAMP-dependent phosphorylation. ..
- Hirose F, Ohshima N, Kwon E, Yoshida H, Yamaguchi M. Drosophila Mi-2 negatively regulates dDREF by inhibiting its DNA-binding activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:5182-93 pubmed..These lines of evidence define a novel function of dMi-2 in the negative regulation of dDREF by its DNA-binding activity. Finally, we postulated that dDREF and dMi-2 may demonstrate reciprocal regulation of their functions. ..
- Oba Y, Ojika M, Inouye S. Characterization of CG6178 gene product with high sequence similarity to firefly luciferase in Drosophila melanogaster. Gene. 2004;329:137-45 pubmed..Further, phylogenic analyses strongly suggest that the firefly luciferase gene may have evolved from a fatty acyl-CoA synthetase gene as a common ancestral gene. ..
- Kwon E, Hayashi Y, Otsuki K, Hirose F, Nishida Y, Yoo M, et al. Armadillo/Pangolin regulates PCNA and DREF promoter activities. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1679:256-62 pubmed..These results suggest that first, PCNA and DREF genes are targets of the Armadillo/Pangolin complex and second, dCBP modulates Wg signaling in a gene-specific manner. ..
- Arimura N, Menager C, Kawano Y, Yoshimura T, Kawabata S, Hattori A, et al. Phosphorylation by Rho kinase regulates CRMP-2 activity in growth cones. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9973-84 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that Rho kinase phosphorylates CRMP-2, and inactivates the ability of CRMP-2 to promote microtubule assembly and Numb-mediated endocytosis, during growth cone collapse. ..
- Tanaka K, Kitagawa Y, Kadowaki T. Drosophila segment polarity gene product porcupine stimulates the posttranslational N-glycosylation of wingless in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:12816-23 pubmed..Thus, Porc binds the N-terminal specific domain of the Wnt family and stimulates its posttranslational N-glycosylation by anchoring them at the ER membrane possibly through acylation. ..
- Adachi Yamada T, Nakamura M, Irie K, Tomoyasu Y, Sano Y, Mori E, et al. p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase can be involved in transforming growth factor beta superfamily signal transduction in Drosophila wing morphogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2322-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate that p38, in addition to its role as a transducer of emergency stress signaling, may function to modulate Dpp signaling. ..
- Miyazu M, Tanimura T, Sokabe M. Molecular cloning and characterization of a putative cyclic nucleotide-gated channel from Drosophila melanogaster. Insect Mol Biol. 2000;9:283-92 pubmed..These results suggest a possible role of the putative CNGL channel in the processing of visual and olfactory information in the nervous system of Drosophila. ..
- Kiyono T, Hiraiwa A, Fujita M, Hayashi Y, Akiyama T, Ishibashi M. Binding of high-risk human papillomavirus E6 oncoproteins to the human homologue of the Drosophila discs large tumor suppressor protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:11612-6 pubmed..These results suggest an intriguing possibility that interaction between the E6 protein and hDLG or other PDZ domain-containing proteins could be an underlying mechanism in the development of HPV-associated cancers. ..
- Xiao H, Hirata Y, Isobe K, Kiuchi K. Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor up-regulates the expression of tyrosine hydroxylase gene in human neuroblastoma cell lines. J Neurochem. 2002;82:801-8 pubmed..Thus, GDNF exerts its neurotrophic role not only in promoting cells survival, but also in affecting dopamine biosynthesis. ..
- Kohno K, Sokabe T, Tominaga M, Kadowaki T. Honey bee thermal/chemical sensor, AmHsTRPA, reveals neofunctionalization and loss of transient receptor potential channel genes. J Neurosci. 2010;30:12219-29 pubmed publisher..Thus, this is an example of neofunctionalization of the duplicated ion channel gene followed by the loss of the functionally equivalent ancient gene...
- Hirose F, Yamaguchi M, Matsukage A. Repression of regulatory factor for Drosophila DNA replication-related gene promoters by zerknüllt homeodomain protein. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:2937-42 pubmed..These results suggest that the Zen protein represses expression of DNA replication-related genes by reducing DREF, although the detailed mechanism of the repression remains to be elucidated. ..
- Kato M, Takeda K, Kawamoto Y, Tsuzuki T, Hossain K, Tamakoshi A, et al. c-Kit-targeting immunotherapy for hereditary melanoma in a mouse model. Cancer Res. 2004;64:801-6 pubmed..The c-Kit function needed for melanin production was also suppressed for an unusually long time in ACK2-treated, RET-transgenic mice. These results suggest that c-Kit can be a unique target molecule for melanoma treatment. ..
- Masuda A, Yoshikai Y, Aiba K, Matsuguchi T. Th2 cytokine production from mast cells is directly induced by lipopolysaccharide and distinctly regulated by c-Jun N-terminal kinase and p38 pathways. J Immunol. 2002;169:3801-10 pubmed..Our findings may indicate a clue to understanding the mechanisms of how bacteria infection worsens the clinical features of asthma. ..
- Murakami H, Yamamura Y, Shimono Y, Kawai K, Kurokawa K, Takahashi M. Role of Dok1 in cell signaling mediated by RET tyrosine kinase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32781-90 pubmed
- Iwahashi N, Nagasaka T, Tezel G, Iwashita T, Asai N, Murakumo Y, et al. Expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor correlates with perineural invasion of bile duct carcinoma. Cancer. 2002;94:167-74 pubmed
- Yamaguchi M, Yoshida H, Hirose F, Inoue Y, Hayashi Y, Yamagishi M, et al. Ectopic expression of BEAF32A in the Drosophila eye imaginal disc inhibits differentiation of photoreceptor cells and induces apoptosis. Chromosoma. 2001;110:313-21 pubmed..The transgenic flies established in this study should be useful to identify targets of BEAF32A and its positive or negative regulators in Drosophila. ..
- Hirose F, Ohshima N, Shiraki M, Inoue Y, Taguchi O, Nishi Y, et al. Ectopic expression of DREF induces DNA synthesis, apoptosis, and unusual morphogenesis in the Drosophila eye imaginal disc: possible interaction with Polycomb and trithorax group proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7231-42 pubmed..These deletions should be useful to identify novel targets of DREF and its positive or negative regulators. ..
- Sugiyama S, Moritoh S, Furukawa Y, Mizuno T, Lim Y, Tsuda L, et al. Involvement of the mitochondrial protein translocator component tim50 in growth, cell proliferation and the modulation of respiration in Drosophila. Genetics. 2007;176:927-36 pubmed..Thus a mitochondrial protein translocase component can play active roles in regulating metabolic levels, possibly for modulation of physiological function or growth in development. ..
- Yamasaki Y, Nishida Y. Mi-2 chromatin remodeling factor functions in sensory organ development through proneural gene repression in Drosophila. Dev Growth Differ. 2006;48:411-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the Drosophila Mi-2/NuRD complex functions in neuronal differentiation through the repression of proneural gene expression by chromatin remodeling and histone deacetylation...
- Yamaguchi M, Hayashi Y, Matsukage A. Essential role of E2F recognition sites in regulation of the proliferating cell nuclear antigen gene promoter during Drosophila development. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:25159-65 pubmed..These results demonstrate, for the first time, an essential role for E2F sites in regulation of PCNA promoter activity during development of a multicellular organism. ..
- Kurokawa K, Iwashita T, Murakami H, Hayashi H, Kawai K, Takahashi M. Identification of SNT/FRS2 docking site on RET receptor tyrosine kinase and its role for signal transduction. Oncogene. 2001;20:1929-38 pubmed