Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on caenorhabditis elegans in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Topic: caenorhabditis elegans
- Oshima A, Matsuzawa T, Nishikawa K, Fujiyoshi Y. Oligomeric structure and functional characterization of Caenorhabditis elegans Innexin-6 gap junction protein. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:10513-21 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, INX-6 channels have a larger overall structure and greater permeability than connexin channels. ..
- Tadauchi T, Matsumoto K, Herskowitz I, Irie K. Post-transcriptional regulation through the HO 3'-UTR by Mpt5, a yeast homolog of Pumilio and FBF. EMBO J. 2001;20:552-61 pubmed..These observations suggest that the yeast Puf homolog, Mpt5, negatively regulates HO expression post-transcriptionally. ..
- Shibata Y, Fujii T, Dent J, Fujisawa H, Takagi S. EAT-20, a novel transmembrane protein with EGF motifs, is required for efficient feeding in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2000;154:635-46 pubmed..However, electrical activity of eat-20 mutants appears normal by electropharyngeogram. ..
- Sakamoto R, Byrd D, Brown H, Hisamoto N, Matsumoto K, Jin Y. The Caenorhabditis elegans UNC-14 RUN domain protein binds to the kinesin-1 and UNC-16 complex and regulates synaptic vesicle localization. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:483-96 pubmed..Our data support a model whereby UNC-16 and UNC-14 function together as kinesin-1 cargos and regulators for the transport or localization of synaptic vesicle components. ..
- Kasahara K, Goto H, Izawa I, Kiyono T, Watanabe N, Elowe S, et al. PI 3-kinase-dependent phosphorylation of Plk1-Ser99 promotes association with 14-3-3? and is required for metaphase-anaphase transition. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1882 pubmed publisher..This novel Plk1 activation pathway controls proper progression from metaphase to anaphase. ..
- Tanaka Hino M, Sagasti A, Hisamoto N, Kawasaki M, Nakano S, Ninomiya Tsuji J, et al. SEK-1 MAPKK mediates Ca2+ signaling to determine neuronal asymmetric development in Caenorhabditis elegans. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:56-62 pubmed..Thus, the NSY-1-SEK-1-MAPK cascade is activated by Ca2+ signaling through CaMKII and establishes asymmetric cell fate decision during neuronal development. ..
- Takahashi A, Muramatsu H, Takagi S, Fujisawa H, Miyake Y, Muramatsu T. A splicing factor, Prp8: preferential localization in the testis and ovary in adult mice. J Biochem. 2001;129:599-606 pubmed..Prp8 was shown to bind to midkine (MK), a heparin-binding growth factor. Since Prp8 expression partially overlaps with the sites of action of MK, it is possible that binding to Prp8 is involved in part of MK signaling. ..
- Hisamoto N, Moriguchi T, Urushiyama S, Mitani S, Shibuya H, Matsumoto K. Caenorhabditis elegans WNK-STE20 pathway regulates tube formation by modulating ClC channel activity. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:70-5 pubmed..These results indicate that WNK-1 controls the tubular formation of excretory canals by activating GCK-3, resulting in downregulation of CIC channel activity. ..
- Mizuno T, Fujiki K, Sasakawa A, Hisamoto N, Matsumoto K. Role of the Caenorhabditis elegans Shc adaptor protein in the c-Jun N-terminal kinase signaling pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:7041-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SHC-1 acts as a scaffold to link MAPKKK to MAPKK activation in the KGB-1 MAPK signal transduction pathway. ..
- Kawasaki M, Hisamoto N, Iino Y, Yamamoto M, Ninomiya Tsuji J, Matsumoto K. A Caenorhabditis elegans JNK signal transduction pathway regulates coordinated movement via type-D GABAergic motor neurons. EMBO J. 1999;18:3604-15 pubmed..Furthermore, ectopic expression of JKK-1 in type-D motor neurons is sufficient to rescue the movement defect. Thus, the C.elegans JNK pathway functions in type-D GABAergic motor neurons and thereby modulates coordinated locomotion. ..
- Li C, Hisamoto N, Nix P, Kanao S, Mizuno T, Bastiani M, et al. The growth factor SVH-1 regulates axon regeneration in C. elegans via the JNK MAPK cascade. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:551-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, SVH-1-SVH-2 signaling via activation of the MAPK pathway acts to coordinate neuron regeneration response after axon injury. ..
- Jurado P, Kodama E, Tanizawa Y, Mori I. Distinct thermal migration behaviors in response to different thermal gradients in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genes Brain Behav. 2010;9:120-7 pubmed publisher..We thus propose to distinguish thermotaxis from other temperature-related behaviors, such as the warm avoidance response displayed at temperature gradients of 1 degrees C/cm and steeper. ..
- Kimata T, Tanizawa Y, Can Y, Ikeda S, Kuhara A, Mori I. Synaptic polarity depends on phosphatidylinositol signaling regulated by myo-inositol monophosphatase in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2012;191:509-21 pubmed publisher..We propose that the PIP(2) signaling regulated by IMPase plays a novel and fundamental role in the synaptic polarity...
- Kawano Y, Yoshimura T, Tsuboi D, Kawabata S, Kaneko Kawano T, Shirataki H, et al. CRMP-2 is involved in kinesin-1-dependent transport of the Sra-1/WAVE1 complex and axon formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9920-35 pubmed..These results suggest that CRMP-2 transports the Sra-1/WAVE1 complex to axons in a kinesin-1-dependent manner and thereby regulates axon outgrowth and formation. ..
- Hattori A, Mizuno T, Akamatsu M, Hisamoto N, Matsumoto K. The Caenorhabditis elegans JNK signaling pathway activates expression of stress response genes by derepressing the Fos/HDAC repressor complex. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003315 pubmed publisher..This study describes the direct link from JNK signaling, Fos phosphorylation, and regulation of kreg gene transcription, which modulates the stress response in C. elegans...
- Sudo Y, Okazaki A, Ono H, Yagasaki J, Sugo S, Kamiya M, et al. A blue-shifted light-driven proton pump for neural silencing. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:20624-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, we successfully produced a blue-shifted proton pump for neural silencing. ..
- Nishida Y, Sugi T, Nonomura M, Mori I. Identification of the AFD neuron as the site of action of the CREB protein in Caenorhabditis elegans thermotaxis. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:855-62 pubmed publisher..We present a new platform for analysing the mechanism of behavioural memory at single-cellular resolution within the neural circuit. ..
- Arimoto M, Koushika S, Choudhary B, Li C, Matsumoto K, Hisamoto N. The Caenorhabditis elegans JIP3 protein UNC-16 functions as an adaptor to link kinesin-1 with cytoplasmic dynein. J Neurosci. 2011;31:2216-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, UNC-16 functions as an adaptor for kinesin-1-mediated transport of dynein. ..
- Nakao F, Hudson M, Suzuki M, Peckler Z, Kurokawa R, Liu Z, et al. The PLEXIN PLX-2 and the ephrin EFN-4 have distinct roles in MAB-20/Semaphorin 2A signaling in Caenorhabditis elegans morphogenesis. Genetics. 2007;176:1591-607 pubmed..EFN-4 and PLX-2 are coexpressed in the late embryonic epidermis where they play redundant roles in MAB-20-dependent cell sorting. ..
- Nukazuka A, Fujisawa H, Inada T, Oda Y, Takagi S. Semaphorin controls epidermal morphogenesis by stimulating mRNA translation via eIF2alpha in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1025-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results reveal a physiological significance for translation of mRNAs for cytoskeletal regulators, linking environmental cues to cytoskeletal rearrangement during cellular morphogenesis in vivo. ..
- Tanizawa Y, Kuhara A, Inada H, Kodama E, Mizuno T, Mori I. Inositol monophosphatase regulates localization of synaptic components and behavior in the mature nervous system of C. elegans. Genes Dev. 2006;20:3296-310 pubmed..These results suggest that IMPase is required in central interneurons of the mature nervous system for correct localization of synaptic components and thus for normal behavior. ..
- Inoue H, Hisamoto N, An J, Oliveira R, Nishida E, Blackwell T, et al. The C. elegans p38 MAPK pathway regulates nuclear localization of the transcription factor SKN-1 in oxidative stress response. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2278-83 pubmed..These results delineate the C. elegans p38 MAPK signaling pathway leading to the nucleus that responds to oxidative stress. ..
- Hikita T, Qadota H, Tsuboi D, Taya S, Moerman D, Kaibuchi K. Identification of a novel Cdc42 GEF that is localized to the PAT-3-mediated adhesive structure. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;335:139-45 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that UIG-1 links a PAT-3/UNC-112 complex to the CDC-42 signaling pathway during muscle formation. ..
- Fujii T, Nakao F, Shibata Y, Shioi G, Kodama E, Fujisawa H, et al. Caenorhabditis elegans PlexinA, PLX-1, interacts with transmembrane semaphorins and regulates epidermal morphogenesis. Development. 2002;129:2053-63 pubmed
- Okajima T, Yoshida K, Kondo T, Furukawa K. Human homolog of Caenorhabditis elegans sqv-3 gene is galactosyltransferase I involved in the biosynthesis of the glycosaminoglycan-protein linkage region of proteoglycans. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:22915-8 pubmed..4.1.133) involved in the synthesis of the glycosaminoglycan-protein linkage region of proteoglycans. ..
- Liu Z, Fujii T, Nukazuka A, Kurokawa R, Suzuki M, Fujisawa H, et al. C. elegans PlexinA PLX-1 mediates a cell contact-dependent stop signal in vulval precursor cells. Dev Biol. 2005;282:138-51 pubmed..Analyses using cell fate-specific markers showed that the arrangement defects of VPCs also affect cell fate specification and cell lineages, but in a relatively small fraction of plx-1 mutants. ..