Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cadherins in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
- Nakashima H, Hashimoto N, Aoyama D, Kohnoh T, Sakamoto K, Kusunose M, et al. Involvement of the transcription factor twist in phenotype alteration through epithelial-mesenchymal transition in lung cancer cells. Mol Carcinog. 2012;51:400-10 pubmed publisher..Our present analysis of twist expression in lung cancer provide clues to comprehensive understanding of the mechanisms, by which metastasis often develops in lung cancer. ..
- Imura H, Yamada T, Mishima K, Fujiwara K, Kawaki H, Hirata A, et al. Effect of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin suggests abnormal palate development after palatal fusion. Congenit Anom (Kyoto). 2010;50:77-84 pubmed publisher..A decrease in E-cadherin expression was observed in this mass of cells, indicating its involvement in the development of cleft palate...
- Fukuoka T, Hibi K, Nakao A. Aberrant methylation is frequently observed in advanced esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:3333-5 pubmed..ESCC with methylation-positive genes showed a trend towards larger tumor size and deeper invasion (p = 0.139 and p = 0.0664, respectively). Thus, the methylation of the p16, HLTF and CDH13 genes is a high malignancy factor in ESCC. ..
- Hibi K, Kodera Y, Ito K, Akiyama S, Nakao A. Methylation pattern of CDH13 gene in digestive tract cancers. Br J Cancer. 2004;91:1139-42 pubmed..These results suggested that CDH13 might play a variety of roles depending on the tissue type. ..
- Dohda T, Nakamura Y, Kamihira M, Iijima S. Functional role of RhoA in growth regulation of primary hepatocytes. J Biochem. 2004;135:631-7 pubmed..The Clostridium botulinum C3 enzyme inhibited hepatocyte growth with stimulation by HGF. These results suggest that RhoA has a crucial role in hepatocyte growth control. ..
- Hibi K, Nakayama H, Kodera Y, Ito K, Akiyama S, Nakao A. CDH13 promoter region is specifically methylated in poorly differentiated colorectal cancer. Br J Cancer. 2004;90:1030-3 pubmed
- Kubota E, Kataoka H, Aoyama M, Mizoshita T, Mori Y, Shimura T, et al. Role of ES cell-expressed Ras (ERas) in tumorigenicity of gastric cancer. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:955-63 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ERas is activated in a significant population of gastric cancer, where it may play a crucial role in gastric cancer cell survival and metastases to liver via down-regulation of E-cadherin. ..
- Izawa I, Nishizawa M, Ohtakara K, Inagaki M. Densin-180 interacts with delta-catenin/neural plakophilin-related armadillo repeat protein at synapses. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5345-50 pubmed..Densin-180 co-localized with delta-catenin/NPRAP at synapses in delta-catenin/NPRAP and may be involved in organization of the synaptic cell-cell junction through interaction with the delta-catenin/NPRAP-N-cadherin complex. ..