Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
Publications334 found, 100 shown here
- Isa T. [Reconsidering somatotopy with respect to functional recovery from spinal cord injury]. Brain Nerve. 2009;61:1405-11 pubmed..It will lead to understanding the relation between the structural change in the somatotopic representation map and its functional roles in the motor control. ..
- Katsu Y, Braun E, Guillette L, Iguchi T. From reptilian phylogenomics to reptilian genomes: analyses of c-Jun and DJ-1 proto-oncogenes. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2009;127:79-93 pubmed publisher..We used phylogenetic methods to visualize these signals; we suggest that examining both historical and non-historical signals will prove important for phylogenomic analyses...
- Kawaguchi H, Yamanaka A, Uchida K, Shibasaki K, Sokabe T, Maruyama Y, et al. Activation of polycystic kidney disease-2-like 1 (PKD2L1)-PKD1L3 complex by acid in mouse taste cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17277-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, PKD2L1-PKD1L3-mediated acid-evoked off responses occurred both in HEK293 cells and in native taste cells, suggesting the involvement of the PKD2L1-PKD1L3 complex in acid sensing in vivo...
- Phongphanphanee P, Mizuno F, Lee P, Yanagawa Y, Isa T, Hall W. A circuit model for saccadic suppression in the superior colliculus. J Neurosci. 2011;31:1949-54 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that collaterals of premotor neuron axons excite GABAergic neurons that inhibit SL visuosensory cells. ..
- Okazawa G, Goda N, Komatsu H. Selective responses to specular surfaces in the macaque visual cortex revealed by fMRI. Neuroimage. 2012;63:1321-33 pubmed publisher..This is consistent with previous human fMRI experiments that showed surface properties are processed in the ventral visual pathway. ..
- Zhang X, Guan G, Li M, Zhu F, Liu Q, Naruse K, et al. Autosomal gsdf acts as a male sex initiator in the fish medaka. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19738 pubmed publisher..Our findings offer new insights into molecular mechanisms underlying sex development and evolution of sex-controlling genes in vertebrates. ..
- Session A, Uno Y, Kwon T, Chapman J, Toyoda A, Takahashi S, et al. Genome evolution in the allotetraploid frog Xenopus laevis. Nature. 2016;538:336-343 pubmed publisher..The subgenomes have evolved asymmetrically, with one chromosome set more often preserving the ancestral state and the other experiencing more gene loss, deletion, rearrangement, and reduced gene expression. ..
- Tokuda S, Hirai T, Furuse M. Claudin-4 knockout by TALEN-mediated gene targeting in MDCK cells: Claudin-4 is dispensable for the permeability properties of tight junctions in wild-type MDCK cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182521 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest the need for further knockout analysis to reveal the permeability properties of individual claudins. ..
- Mochii M, Agata K, Eguchi G. Complete sequence and expression of a cDNA encoding a chicken 115-kDa melanosomal matrix protein. Pigment Cell Res. 1991;4:41-7 pubmed..The presence of a specific sorting signal was suggested for localization of melanosomal proteins. Southern blot analysis has revealed that the homologues of the chicken MMP115 gene are found in many vertebrate genomes. ..
- Furuichi T, Yoshikawa S, Mikoshiba K. Nucleotide sequence of cDNA encoding P400 protein in the mouse cerebellum. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:5385-6 pubmed
- Manivannan S, Terakawa S. Rapid sprouting of filopodia in nerve terminals of chromaffin cells, PC12 cells, and dorsal root neurons induced by electrical stimulation. J Neurosci. 1994;14:5917-28 pubmed..The same responses may occur at growth cones approaching the target cells or even at mature synapses particularly after repetitive electrical activity, possibly playing a role in use-dependent synapse formation or plasticity. ..
- Oba Y, Yoshikuni M, Tanaka M, Mita M, Nagahama Y. Inhibitory guanine-nucleotide-binding-regulatory protein alpha subunits in medaka (Oryzias latipes) oocytes--cDNA cloning and decreased expression of proteins during oocyte maturation. Eur J Biochem. 1997;249:846-53 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that G(i alpha a) and/or G(i alpha c) may be involved in the transduction of the signal from 17alpha,20beta-DP receptors during oocyte maturation of fish oocytes...
- Shintani T, Maeda N, Noda M. Receptor-like protein tyrosine phosphatase gamma (RPTPgamma), but not PTPzeta/RPTPbeta, inhibits nerve-growth-factor-induced neurite outgrowth in PC12D cells. Dev Neurosci. 2001;23:55-69 pubmed..These results indicate that RPTPgamma and PTPzeta have different substrate specificities, and RPTPgamma inhibits NGF-induced neurite outgrowth of PC12D cells through modulation of the p13(suc1) complex. ..
- Katsu Y, Lubahn D, Iguchi T. Expression of a novel C-type lectin in the mouse vagina. Endocrinology. 2003;144:2597-605 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that DDV10 encodes a novel, 17beta-estradiol-regulated, C-type lectin in the mouse vagina. DDV10 may play a role in the stratification and/or cornification of epithelial cells during differentiation. ..
- Miyata M, Kashiwadani H, Fukaya M, Hayashi T, Wu D, Suzuki T, et al. Role of thalamic phospholipase C[beta]4 mediated by metabotropic glutamate receptor type 1 in inflammatory pain. J Neurosci. 2003;23:8098-108 pubmed..These findings indicate that the thalamic mGluR1-PLCbeta4 cascade is indispensable for the formalin-induced inflammatory pain by regulating the response of VPL neurons. ..
- Ohsumi Y, Mizushima N. Two ubiquitin-like conjugation systems essential for autophagy. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2004;15:231-6 pubmed
- Horiguchi R, Yoshikuni M, Tokumoto M, Nagahama Y, Tokumoto T. Identification of a protein kinase which phosphorylates a subunit of the 26S proteasome and changes in its activity during meiotic cell cycle in goldfish oocytes. Cell Signal. 2005;17:205-15 pubmed..This spot was detected in purified immature 26S proteasome but not in mature 26S proteasome, demonstrate that the alpha4 subunit is phosphorylated by CKIalpha meiotic cell cycle dependently. ..
- Hagiwara A, Fukazawa Y, Deguchi Tawarada M, Ohtsuka T, Shigemoto R. Differential distribution of release-related proteins in the hippocampal CA3 area as revealed by freeze-fracture replica labeling. J Comp Neurol. 2005;489:195-216 pubmed..These results support the involvement of the t-SNARE proteins in exocytotic fusion in the AZ and the role of CAST in specialization of the membrane domain for the AZ. ..
- Wu Y, Kawakami R, Shinohara Y, Fukaya M, Sakimura K, Mishina M, et al. Target-cell-specific left-right asymmetry of NMDA receptor content in schaffer collateral synapses in epsilon1/NR2A knock-out mice. J Neurosci. 2005;25:9213-26 pubmed..These results indicate that the asymmetry of epsilon2 distribution is target cell specific, resulting in the left-right difference in NMDA receptor content and plasticity in Sch-CA1 pyramidal cell synapses in epsilon1 KO mice. ..
- Matsui K, Jahr C. Exocytosis unbound. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2006;16:305-11 pubmed..Taken together, these attributes expand the capabilities of cellular communication in the nervous system. ..
- Lee R, Iioka H, Ohashi M, Iemura S, Natsume T, Kinoshita N. XRab40 and XCullin5 form a ubiquitin ligase complex essential for the noncanonical Wnt pathway. EMBO J. 2007;26:3592-606 pubmed..We propose a novel signaling cascade consisting of XRab40/XCullin5, Rap2 and XMINK, which plays a crucial role in the regulation of the noncanonical Wnt pathway. ..
- Shintani T, Ihara M, Tani S, Sakuraba J, Sakuta H, Noda M. APC2 plays an essential role in axonal projections through the regulation of microtubule stability. J Neurosci. 2009;29:11628-40 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that APC2 plays a critical role in the development of the nervous system through the regulation of microtubule stability. ..
- Nakamura S, Kobayashi K, Nishimura T, Higashijima S, Tanaka M. Identification of germline stem cells in the ovary of the teleost medaka. Science. 2010;328:1561-3 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insight into the germline stem cell biology of medaka and provide a model system for studying vertebrate stem cell niches...
- Watakabe A, Komatsu Y, Ohsawa S, Yamamori T. Fluorescent in situ hybridization technique for cell type identification and characterization in the central nervous system. Methods. 2010;52:367-74 pubmed publisher..In this article, we describe the methodology of these techniques, taking examples from our analyses of the mammalian cerebral cortex. ..
- Uchida K, Tominaga M. TRPM2 modulates insulin secretion in pancreatic ?-cells. Islets. 2011;3:209-11 pubmed..Although further examination is needed to clarify the mechanism of TRPM2-mediated insulin secretion, TRPM2 may be a key player in regulation of insulin secretion and could represent a new target for diabetes therapy. ..
- Kamiya Y, Satoh T, Kato K. Molecular and structural basis for N-glycan-dependent determination of glycoprotein fates in cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1820:1327-37 pubmed publisher..e. folding in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER), vesicular transport between the ER and the Golgi complex, and ER-associated degradation of glycoproteins, by interacting with a panel of intracellular lectins in the early secretory pathway...
- Yokoi N, Fukata M, Fukata Y. Synaptic plasticity regulated by protein-protein interactions and posttranslational modifications. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol. 2012;297:1-43 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we introduce novel players in AMPAR regulation, PSD-95 palmitoylating enzymes and epilepsy-related ligand, LGI1. ..
- Mizuno H, Luo W, Tarusawa E, Saito Y, Sato T, Yoshimura Y, et al. NMDAR-regulated dynamics of layer 4 neuronal dendrites during thalamocortical reorganization in neonates. Neuron. 2014;82:365-79 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that L4 neurons have "fluctuating" dendrites during TC reorganization and that NMDARs cell autonomously regulate these dynamics to establish fine-tuned circuits. ..
- Chang C, Yang W, Lin C, Kang C, Tang C, Lee T. FXYD11 mediated modulation of Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase activity in gills of the brackish medaka (Oryzias dancena) when transferred to hypoosmotic or hyperosmotic environments. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2016;194:19-26 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first study that focuses on the efficacy of interactions between FXYD11 and NKA in the gills of euryhaline teleosts. ..
- Nagafuchi A, Ishihara S, Tsukita S. The roles of catenins in the cadherin-mediated cell adhesion: functional analysis of E-cadherin-alpha catenin fusion molecules. J Cell Biol. 1994;127:235-45 pubmed..The possible functions of beta catenin are discussed with a special reference to its role as a negative regulator for the cadherin-mediated cell adhesion system. ..
- Mach V, Ohno K, Kokubo H, Suzuki Y. The Drosophila fork head factor directly controls larval salivary gland-specific expression of the glue protein gene Sgs3. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:2387-94 pubmed
- Shintani T, Watanabe E, Maeda N, Noda M. Neurons as well as astrocytes express proteoglycan-type protein tyrosine phosphatase zeta/RPTPbeta: analysis of mice in which the PTPzeta/RPTPbeta gene was replaced with the LacZ gene. Neurosci Lett. 1998;247:135-8 pubmed..Primary cultures of cells from the cerebral cortex of embryonic day 16 mice also indicated that both neurons and astrocytes were positive for LacZ. These results indicated that neurons and astrocytes express PTPzeta. ..
- Shinozaki K, Maruyama K, Kume H, Tomita T, Saido T, Iwatsubo T, et al. The presenilin 2 loop domain interacts with the mu-calpain C-terminal region. Int J Mol Med. 1998;1:797-9 pubmed..In COS-1 cells, the interaction of PS2 with mu-calpain was confirmed by immunoprecipitation. These results suggested that PS2 and mu-calpain interact with each other, and might regulate each other's functions. ..
- Mohri H, Inaba K, Kubo Irie M, Takai H, Yano Toyoshima Y. Characterization of outer arm dynein in sea anemone, Anthopleura midori. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 1999;44:202-8 pubmed..Phylogenetic considerations were made concerning the diversity of outer arm dyneins. ..
- Noda T, Kim J, Huang W, Baba M, Tokunaga C, Ohsumi Y, et al. Apg9p/Cvt7p is an integral membrane protein required for transport vesicle formation in the Cvt and autophagy pathways. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:465-80 pubmed..From these results, we propose that Apg9p/Cvt7p may serve as a marker for a specialized compartment essential for these vesicle-mediated alternative targeting pathways. ..
- Tanaka M, Kinoshita M, Kobayashi D, Nagahama Y. Establishment of medaka (Oryzias latipes) transgenic lines with the expression of green fluorescent protein fluorescence exclusively in germ cells: a useful model to monitor germ cells in a live vertebrate. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:2544-9 pubmed..The use of a transgenic construct as a selective marker to efficiently isolate germ-line-transmitting founders during embryogenesis is also discussed. ..
- Suzuki T, Kasahara M, Yoshioka H, Morohashi K, Umesono K. LXXLL-related motifs in Dax-1 have target specificity for the orphan nuclear receptors Ad4BP/SF-1 and LRH-1. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:238-49 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that the specificities of LXXLL-related motifs in Dax-1 based on their amino acid sequences play an important role in regulation of orphan receptors. ..
- Iwasaki Y, Hosoya T, Takebayashi H, Ogawa Y, Hotta Y, Ikenaka K. The potential to induce glial differentiation is conserved between Drosophila and mammalian glial cells missing genes. Development. 2003;130:6027-35 pubmed..The mammalian homolog of Drosophila gcm, mouse Gcm1, exhibits the potential to induce gliogenesis, but may function in the generation of a minor subpopulation of glial cells. ..
- Mizushima N. Methods for monitoring autophagy. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2004;36:2491-502 pubmed..Importantly, most of these proteins are conserved in mammals. Using these probes, we can now specifically monitor autophagic activity. ..
- Kumada T, Hasegawa A, Iwasaki Y, Baba H, Ikenaka K. Isolation of cystatin C via functional cloning of astrocyte differentiation factors. Dev Neurosci. 2004;26:68-76 pubmed..Although previous data showed that CysC is involved in the maintenance of adult neural stem cells, our data indicate that it is involved in astrocyte differentiation during mouse brain development. ..
- Saito Y, Isa T. Organization of interlaminar interactions in the rat superior colliculus. J Neurophysiol. 2005;93:2898-907 pubmed..In addition, it is suggested that WFV cells can trigger burst activity in other layers of the SC and that there is an excitatory signal transmission from the deeper layers to the superficial layers. ..
- Baba T, Mimura J, Nakamura N, Harada N, Yamamoto M, Morohashi K, et al. Intrinsic function of the aryl hydrocarbon (dioxin) receptor as a key factor in female reproduction. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:10040-51 pubmed..In addition to elucidating a physiological function for AhR, our studies also suggest a possible mechanism for the toxic effects of exogenous AhR ligands as endocrine disruptors. ..
- Kaneda K, Phongphanphanee P, Katoh T, Isa K, Yanagawa Y, Obata K, et al. Regulation of burst activity through presynaptic and postsynaptic GABA(B) receptors in mouse superior colliculus. J Neurosci. 2008;28:816-27 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that synaptically released GABA can activate both presynaptic and postsynaptic GABA(B)Rs in the SGS and limit the duration of burst responses in the SC local circuit. ..
- Ishibashi H, Hirao K, Yamaguchi J, Nabekura J. Inhibition of chloride outward transport by gadolinium in cultured rat spinal cord neurons. Neurotoxicology. 2009;30:155-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Gd3+ inhibits a KCC function and gives rise to increase in intracellular Cl- concentration. The reduction of outward chloride transport could be related to the neurotoxic effects of Gd3+. ..
- Sokabe T, Fukumi Tominaga T, Yonemura S, Mizuno A, Tominaga M. The TRPV4 channel contributes to intercellular junction formation in keratinocytes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18749-58 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a novel role for TRPV4 in the development and maturation of cell-cell junctions in epithelia of the skin. ..
- Nishimura Y, Onoe H, Onoe K, Morichika Y, Tsukada H, Isa T. Neural substrates for the motivational regulation of motor recovery after spinal-cord injury. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24854 pubmed publisher..These results give clues to the neuronal substrate for motivational regulation of motor learning required for functional recovery after spinal-cord injury. ..
- Ayabe Y, Ueno T. Complex feeding tracks of the sessile herbivorous insect Ophiomyia maura as a function of the defense against insect parasitoids. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32594 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the larval development increases the host defense ability through increasing mine complexity. Thus the feeding pattern of these sessile insects has a defensive function by reducing the risk of parasitism. ..
- Sekiguchi T, Kuwasako K, Ogasawara M, Takahashi H, Matsubara S, Osugi T, et al. Evidence for Conservation of the Calcitonin Superfamily and Activity-regulating Mechanisms in the Basal Chordate Branchiostoma floridae: INSIGHTS INTO THE MOLECULAR AND FUNCTIONAL EVOLUTION IN CHORDATES. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:2345-56 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first molecular and functional characterization of an authentic invertebrate CT/CGRP family receptor and RAMPs. ..
- Sakai N, Tanaka M, Adachi S, Miller W, Nagahama Y. Rainbow trout cytochrome P-450c17 (17 alpha-hydroxylase/17,20-lyase). cDNA cloning, enzymatic properties and temporal pattern of ovarian P-450c17 mRNA expression during oogenesis. FEBS Lett. 1992;301:60-4 pubmed..The cDNA only hybridized to a single species of mRNA (2.4 kb) isolated from rainbow trout ovaries; the 2.4 kb transcripts were abundant in trout ovaries during the later stages of oogenesis...
- Maeno E, Ishizaki Y, Kanaseki T, Hazama A, Okada Y. Normotonic cell shrinkage because of disordered volume regulation is an early prerequisite to apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:9487-92 pubmed..Thus, it is concluded that the AVD, which is caused by disordered cell volume regulation, is an early prerequisite to apoptotic events leading to cell death. ..
- Matsuyama M, Mizusaki H, Shimono A, Mukai T, Okumura K, Abe K, et al. A novel isoform of Vinexin, Vinexin gamma, regulates Sox9 gene expression through activation of MAPK cascade in mouse fetal gonad. Genes Cells. 2005;10:421-34 pubmed..Thus, Vinexin gamma seems to be implicated in regulation of Sox9 gene expression by modulating MAPK cascade in mouse fetal gonads. ..
- Tosha T, Kagawa N, Arase M, Waterman M, Kitagawa T. Interaction between substrate and oxygen ligand responsible for effective O-O bond cleavage in bovine cytochrome P450 steroid 21-hydroxylase proved by Raman spectroscopy. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3708-17 pubmed..In the hydrogen-bonded species, the substrate changes the geometry of the FeOO moiety, thereby performing the hydroxylation reaction more effectively in 17alpha-hydroxyprogesterone than in progesterone. ..
- Hirokawa J, Bosch M, Sakata S, Sakurai Y, Yamamori T. Functional role of the secondary visual cortex in multisensory facilitation in rats. Neuroscience. 2008;153:1402-17 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that V2L, an early visual area, is critically involved in the multisensory facilitation of reaction time induced by the combination of auditory and visual stimuli. ..
- Kitamura A, Ishibashi H, Watanabe M, Takatsuru Y, Brodwick M, Nabekura J. Sustained depolarizing shift of the GABA reversal potential by glutamate receptor activation in hippocampal neurons. Neurosci Res. 2008;62:270-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ca(2+) influx through NMDA receptors causes the down-regulation of KCC2 and gives rise to long lasting positive E(Cl) shifts, which might contribute to hyperexcitability, LTP, and epileptiform discharges. ..
- Kondo T, Plaza S, Zanet J, Benrabah E, Valenti P, Hashimoto Y, et al. Small peptides switch the transcriptional activity of Shavenbaby during Drosophila embryogenesis. Science. 2010;329:336-9 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that during Drosophila embryogenesis, Pri sORF peptides provide a strict temporal control to the transcriptional program of epidermal morphogenesis. ..
- Yoshida H, Okada M, Takebayashi Suzuki K, Ueno N, Suzuki A. Involvement of JunB Proto-Oncogene in Tail Formation During Early Xenopus Embryogenesis. Zoolog Sci. 2016;33:282-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that JunB is a regulator of tail organization possibly through integration of several morphogen signaling pathways. ..
- Yuasa S. Bergmann glial development in the mouse cerebellum as revealed by tenascin expression. Anat Embryol (Berl). 1996;194:223-34 pubmed..The above findings suggest that the Bergmann glia in the cortex represent one of the origins of the astroglia in the developing cerebellum. ..
- Okumura S, Baba H, Kumada T, Nanmoku K, Nakajima H, Nakane Y, et al. Cloning of a G-protein-coupled receptor that shows an activity to transform NIH3T3 cells and is expressed in gastric cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2004;95:131-5 pubmed
- Katoh Fukui Y, Owaki A, Toyama Y, Kusaka M, Shinohara Y, Maekawa M, et al. Mouse Polycomb M33 is required for splenic vascular and adrenal gland formation through regulating Ad4BP/SF1 expression. Blood. 2005;106:1612-20 pubmed..In agreement with these observations, chromatin immunoprecipitation assays with adrenocortical Y-1 cells revealed direct binding of the M33-containing PcG to the Ad4BP/SF1 gene locus. ..
- Shima Y, Zubair M, Ishihara S, Shinohara Y, Oka S, Kimura S, et al. Ventromedial hypothalamic nucleus-specific enhancer of Ad4BP/SF-1 gene. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:2812-23 pubmed..Using nuclear extracts prepared from the adult hypothalami, EMSAs identified specific protein binding to the activating elements but not to the suppressive element. ..
- Nakamura S, Kurokawa H, Asakawa S, Shimizu N, Tanaka M. Two distinct types of theca cells in the medaka gonad: germ cell-dependent maintenance of cyp19a1-expressing theca cells. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2652-7 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate two types of theca cells in the medaka ovary. We also show that the maintenance of cyp19a1-expressing cells depends on germ cells...
- Miyagawa S, Katsu Y, Ohta Y, Sudo T, Lubahn D, Iguchi T. Estrogen receptor ESR1 is indispensable for the induction of persistent vaginal change by neonatal 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone exposure in mice. Biol Reprod. 2010;82:497-503 pubmed publisher..These results shed light on mechanisms of the induction of developmental effects elicited by sex steroid hormones on the developing animals. ..
- Mihara H, Boudaka A, Sugiyama T, Moriyama Y, Tominaga M. Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4)-dependent calcium influx and ATP release in mouse oesophageal keratinocytes. J Physiol. 2011;589:3471-82 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in response to heat, chemical and possibly mechanical stimuli, TRPV4 contributes to ATP release in the oesophagus. Thus, TRPV4 could be involved in oesophageal mechano- and heat hypersensitivity. ..
- Hara Y, Nagayama K, Yamamoto T, Matsumoto T, Suzuki M, Ueno N. Directional migration of leading-edge mesoderm generates physical forces: Implication in Xenopus notochord formation during gastrulation. Dev Biol. 2013;382:482-95 pubmed publisher..We propose that the LEM may have a mechanical role in aiding the AM elongation through the rearrangement of force distribution in the dorsal marginal zone. ..
- Asada H, Kawamura Y, Maruyama K, Kume H, Ding R, Kanbara N, et al. Cleft palate and decreased brain gamma-aminobutyric acid in mice lacking the 67-kDa isoform of glutamic acid decarboxylase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:6496-9 pubmed..Previous pharmacological and genetic investigations have suggested the involvement of GABA in palate formation, but this is the first demonstration of a role for GAD67-derived GABA in the development of nonneural tissue. ..
- Isshiki T, Takeichi M, Nose A. The role of the msh homeobox gene during Drosophila neurogenesis: implication for the dorsoventral specification of the neuroectoderm. Development. 1997;124:3099-109 pubmed
- Sakuta H, Suzuki R, Takahashi H, Kato A, Shintani T, Iemura Si -, et al. Ventroptin: a BMP-4 antagonist expressed in a double-gradient pattern in the retina. Science. 2001;293:111-5 pubmed..Thus, the topographic retinotectal projection appears to be specified by the double-gradient molecule Ventroptin along the two axes. ..
- Sugawara K, Morita K, Ueno N, Shibuya H. BIP, a BRAM-interacting protein involved in TGF-beta signalling, regulates body length in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genes Cells. 2001;6:599-606 pubmed..elegans by double stranded RNA interference produces a Sma phenotype. BIP was isolated using the yeast two-hybrid systems. BIP may function in the TGF-beta pathway and regulate body length in C. elegans. ..
- Morita K, Flemming A, Sugihara Y, Mochii M, Suzuki Y, Yoshida S, et al. A Caenorhabditis elegans TGF-beta, DBL-1, controls the expression of LON-1, a PR-related protein, that regulates polyploidization and body length. EMBO J. 2002;21:1063-73 pubmed..Consistent with this, LON-1 is expressed mainly in the larval and adult hypodermis and has dose-dependent effects on body length associated with changes in hypodermal ploidy, but not hypodermal cell proliferation. ..
- Mizusaki H, Kawabe K, Mukai T, Ariyoshi E, Kasahara M, Yoshioka H, et al. Dax-1 (dosage-sensitive sex reversal-adrenal hypoplasia congenita critical region on the X chromosome, gene 1) gene transcription is regulated by wnt4 in the female developing gonad. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:507-19 pubmed..We thus conclude that Wnt4 signaling mediates the increased expression of Dax-1 as the ovary becomes sexually differentiated. ..
- Kawajiri K, Ikuta T, Suzuki T, Kusaka M, Muramatsu M, Fujieda K, et al. Role of the LXXLL-motif and activation function 2 domain in subcellular localization of Dax-1 (dosage-sensitive sex reversal-adrenal hypoplasia congenita critical region on the X chromosome, gene 1). Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:994-1004 pubmed..Taken together, the results reveal that the subcellular localization of Dax-1 is influenced by the presence of Ad4BP/SF-1, and that two regions of Dax-1 have important roles for this process. ..
- Inoue H, Mori S, Morishima S, Okada Y. Volume-sensitive chloride channels in mouse cortical neurons: characterization and role in volume regulation. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:1648-58 pubmed..Thus, it is concluded that the activity of the volume-sensitive outwardly rectifying Cl- channel plays a role in the control of cell volume in cortical neurons. ..
- Furusho M, Ono K, Takebayashi H, Masahira N, Kagawa T, Ikeda K, et al. Involvement of the Olig2 transcription factor in cholinergic neuron development of the basal forebrain. Dev Biol. 2006;293:348-57 pubmed..The present study provides the first direct evidence for involvement of the Olig2 gene in cholinergic differentiation in the basal forebrain. ..
- Ito J, Shimada M, Hochi S, Hirabayashi M. Involvement of Ca2+-dependent proteasome in the degradation of both cyclin B1 and Mos during spontaneous activation of matured rat oocytes. Theriogenology. 2007;67:475-85 pubmed..In contrast, Wistar oocytes had a relatively low cytostatic factor activity; rapid decrease of Mos/MEK/MAPK failed to stabilize both cyclin B1 and Mos, and these oocytes were likely to spontaneously activate. ..
- Fujimori T. Preimplantation development of mouse: a view from cellular behavior. Dev Growth Differ. 2010;52:253-62 pubmed publisher..Here, mouse preimplantation embryonic development is briefly summarized and our current understanding of this complex process based on recent observations is reviewed...
- Nishihara E, Hiyama T, Noda M. Osmosensitivity of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 is synergistically enhanced by distinct activating stimuli such as temperature and protons. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22246 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus indicate that TRPV1 integrates multiple different types of activating stimuli, and that TRPV1 is sensitive to hypertonic stimuli under physiologically relevant conditions. ..
- Akita T, Fedorovich S, Okada Y. Ca2+ nanodomain-mediated component of swelling-induced volume-sensitive outwardly rectifying anion current triggered by autocrine action of ATP in mouse astrocytes. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;28:1181-90 pubmed publisher..Thus the swelling-induced VSOR channel activation in mouse astrocytes is partly regulated via Ca(2+) nanodomains, whose generation is triggered by an autocrine action of ATP. ..
- Hiruta C, Toyota K, Miyakawa H, Ogino Y, Miyagawa S, Tatarazako N, et al. Development of a microinjection system for RNA interference in the water flea Daphnia pulex. BMC Biotechnol. 2013;13:96 pubmed publisher..pulex by first determining the optimum culture conditions of their isolated embryos and then applying these conditions to the development of microinjection techniques and proof-of-principle RNAi experiments...
- Ishikawa T, Toyama T, Nakamura Y, Tamada K, Shimizu H, Ninagawa S, et al. UPR transducer BBF2H7 allows export of type II collagen in a cargo- and developmental stage-specific manner. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1761-1774 pubmed publisher..Thus, the most appropriate UPR transducer is activated to cope with the differing physiological ER stresses of different content types depending on developmental stage. ..
- Adachi T, Takiya S, Suzuki Y, Iwami M, Kawakami A, Takahashi S, et al. cDNA structure and expression of bombyxin, an insulin-like brain secretory peptide of the silkmoth Bombyx mori. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:7681-5 pubmed..8 x 10(9) molecules/micrograms of total RNA), without undergoing appreciable change during larval-pupal development...
- Mochii M, Agata K, Kobayashi H, Yamamoto T, Eguchi G. Expression of gene coding for a melanosomal matrix protein transcriptionally regulated in the transdifferentiation of chick embryo pigmented epithelial cells. Cell Differ. 1988;24:67-74 pubmed..The transcripts were detected in neither transdifferentiating, transdifferentiated lens cells nor bipotent dedifferentiated PECs, although the 2.6 kb transcript was vigorously synthesized by redifferentiating into PECs. ..
- Kawai F, Kurahashi T, Kaneko A. Nonselective suppression of voltage-gated currents by odorants in the newt olfactory receptor cells. J Gen Physiol. 1997;109:265-72 pubmed..The nonselective blockage of ionic channels observed here is consistent with the previous notion that the suppression of the transduction current by odorants is due to the direst blockage of transduction channels...
- Shibata Y, Iwamatsu T, Oba Y, Kobayashi D, Tanaka M, Nagahama Y, et al. Identification and cDNA cloning of alveolin, an extracellular metalloproteinase, which induces chorion hardening of medaka (Oryzias latipes) eggs upon fertilization. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:8349-54 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first description of the isolation and identification of the chorion hardening-inducing factor from cortical alveoli exudate of teleost eggs...
- Kawachi H, Fujikawa A, Maeda N, Noda M. Identification of GIT1/Cat-1 as a substrate molecule of protein tyrosine phosphatase zeta /beta by the yeast substrate-trapping system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:6593-8 pubmed..Moreover, pleiotrophin, a ligand for PTPzeta, increased tyrosine phosphorylation of GIT1/Cat-1 in B103 cells. All these results indicate that GIT1/Cat-1 is a substrate molecule of PTPzeta. ..