Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Publications530 found, 100 shown here
- Ichigotani Y, Fujii K, Hamaguchi M, Matsuda S. In search of a function for the E3B1/Abi2/Argbp1/NESH family (Review). Int J Mol Med. 2002;9:591-5 pubmed..The knowledge of this status is helpful in thinking of the regulatory mechanisms to cell metastasis and to malignant transformation of cancer. We discuss how these interesting molecules work and consider their involvement in cancer. ..
- Takeshita F, Ogawa K, Asamoto M, Shirai T. Mechanistic approach of contrasting modifying effects of caffeine on carcinogenesis in the rat colon and mammary gland induced with 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine. Cancer Lett. 2003;194:25-35 pubmed..In conclusion, only increased level of DNA adducts in the colon partially related to the modifying effects of caffeine on PhIP-induced rat carcinogenesis. Thus, other unknown factors must be contributory. ..
- Cho Y, Takahashi S, Asamoto M, Suzuki S, Inaguma S, Hokaiwado N, et al. Age-dependent histopathological findings in the prostate of probasin/SV40 T antigen transgenic rats: lack of influence of carcinogen or testosterone treatment. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:153-7 pubmed..These results suggest that our TG rats are suitable for clarification of mechanisms in early stages of prostate carcinogenesis, that is, from prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PIN) to non-invasive and then invasive lesions. ..
- Takagishi Y, Futaki S, Itoh K, Espreafico E, Murakami N, Murata Y, et al. Localization of myosin II and V isoforms in cultured rat sympathetic neurones and their potential involvement in presynaptic function. J Physiol. 2005;569:195-208 pubmed..Together these results suggest that only myosin IIB isoform participates in vesicle trafficking in presynaptic nerve terminals of cultured SCGNs. ..
- Yoshino T, Sato E, Nakashima T, Teranishi M, Yamamoto H, Otake H, et al. Distribution of pendrin in the organ of Corti of mice observed by electron immunomicroscopy. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2006;263:699-704 pubmed..Our study revealed that pendrin occurs in the organ of Corti. The role of pendrin in the organ of Corti and its association with the Cl- or pH regulation of neurotransmission require further study...
- Sato Y, Nabeno M, Iwata T, Tokutomi S, Sakurai M, Kandori H. Heterogeneous environment of the S-H group of Cys966 near the flavin chromophore in the LOV2 domain of Adiantum neochrome1. Biochemistry. 2007;46:10258-65 pubmed..We thus concluded that there are multiple local structures of FMN and cysteine in neo1-LOV2, each of which is thermally converted by protein fluctuation at physiological temperatures...
- Chen S, Bu G, Takei Y, Sakamoto K, Ikematsu S, Muramatsu T, et al. Midkine and LDL-receptor-related protein 1 contribute to the anchorage-independent cell growth of cancer cells. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:4009-15 pubmed..Collectively, these data demonstrate a crucial role of MK-LRP1 signaling in anchorage-independent cell growth. ..
- Moriguchi K, Jogahara T, Kurihara T, Iwami J, Higuchi N, Murakami Y, et al. Immunocytochemical approach for surface layer proteins of freeze-substituted Tannerella forsythensis by energy-filtering transmission electron microscopy. Okajimas Folia Anat Jpn. 2008;85:67-72 pubmed..The mapping patterns of net N element were restricted to the outermost cell surface...
- Narimatsu N, Harada N, Kurihara H, Nakagata N, Sobue K, Okajima K. Donepezil improves cognitive function in mice by increasing the production of insulin-like growth factor-I in the hippocampus. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;330:2-12 pubmed publisher..These effects of donepezil may not be dependent on its acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activity. ..
- Ito A, Ishida T, Utsunomiya A, Sato F, Mori F, Yano H, et al. Defucosylated anti-CCR4 monoclonal antibody exerts potent ADCC against primary ATLL cells mediated by autologous human immune cells in NOD/Shi-scid, IL-2R gamma(null) mice in vivo. J Immunol. 2009;183:4782-91 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the potent ADCC mediated by defucosylated anti-CCR4 mAb, observed here in vivo in humanized mice, will be exploited in clinical trials in the near future. ..
- Ishitani T, Hirao T, Suzuki M, Isoda M, Ishitani S, Harigaya K, et al. Nemo-like kinase suppresses Notch signalling by interfering with formation of the Notch active transcriptional complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:278-85 pubmed publisher..Our results both define a new function for NLK and reveal a previously unidentified mode of regulation in the Notch signalling pathway. ..
- Urakawa H, Nishida Y, Wasa J, Arai E, Zhuo L, Kimata K, et al. Inhibition of hyaluronan synthesis in breast cancer cells by 4-methylumbelliferone suppresses tumorigenicity in vitro and metastatic lesions of bone in vivo. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:454-66 pubmed publisher..HA accumulation in bone metastatic lesions was perturbed peripherally. These data suggest that MU might be a therapeutic candidate for bone metastasis of breast cancer via suppression of HA synthesis and accumulation. ..
- Saito S, Nakayama T, Hashimoto N, Miyata Y, Egashira K, Nakao N, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells stably transduced with a dominant-negative inhibitor of CCL2 greatly attenuate bleomycin-induced lung damage. Am J Pathol. 2011;179:1088-94 pubmed publisher..No evidence of 7ND-MSC-induced toxicity was observed during or after treatment. Thus, inhibiting the effects of macrophages may greatly enhance the ability of MSCs to effect lung repair in ARDS. ..
- Niimi T. Recombinant protein production in the eukaryotic protozoan parasite Leishmania tarentolae: a review. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;824:307-15 pubmed publisher..This chapter presents an overview of the newly developed protein expression system based on L. tarentolae. ..
- Matsumoto Y, Zhang Q, Akita K, Nakada H, Hamamura K, Tokuda N, et al. pp-GalNAc-T13 induces high metastatic potential of murine Lewis lung cancer by generating trimeric Tn antigen. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;419:7-13 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that high expression of pp-GalNAc-T13 gene generated trimeric Tn antigen on Syndecan-1, leading to the enhanced metastasis. ..
- Okazaki A, Takagi S. An optogenetic application of proton pump ArchT to C. elegans cells. Neurosci Res. 2013;75:29-34 pubmed publisher..This response was abolished in the presence of exogenously added serotonin, suggesting that, in a normal situation, serotonin is secreted in a constitutive fashion to repress backward movement. ..
- Sugiyama M, Banno R, Mizoguchi A, Tominaga T, Tsunekawa T, Onoue T, et al. PTP1B deficiency improves hypothalamic insulin sensitivity resulting in the attenuation of AgRP mRNA expression under high-fat diet conditions. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:116-121 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest a deficiency of PTP1B improves hypothalamic insulin sensitivity resulting in the attenuation of AgRP mRNA expression under HFD conditions. ..
- Nabeshima T, Ichihara K, Tohyama K, Murase K, Suzuki T, Kameyama T. Involvement of serotonergic neuronal systems in the anti-amnesic action of naftidrofuryl oxalate. Eur J Pharmacol. 1991;205:55-61 pubmed..42 x 10(-7) M), but did not inhibit that of [3H]serotonin to 5-HT1 receptors. These results suggest that naftidrofuryl oxalate may attenuate cycloheximide- and 5-HTP-induced amnesia by blocking 5-HT2 receptor subtypes. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Hayashi Y, Hirose F, Nishimoto Y, Matsukage A. Distinct roles of E2F recognition sites as positive or negative elements in regulation of the DNA polymerase alpha 180 kDa catalytic subunit gene promoter during Drosophila development. Nucleic Acids Res. 1997;25:3847-54 pubmed..Thus E2F sites play distinct roles as positive or negative elements in regulation of the DNA polymerase alpha gene promoter during Drosophila development. ..
- Ukai M, Shinkai N, Kameyama T. Involvement of dopamine receptors in beneficial effects of tachykinins on scopolamine-induced impairment of alternation performance in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 1998;350:39-45 pubmed
- Tachikui H, Kurosawa N, Kadomatsu K, Muramatsu T. Genomic organization and promoter activity of embigin, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. Gene. 1999;240:325-32 pubmed..Deletion analysis of the 3.5kb DNA fragment revealed that the region between -125 to +1, containing a single Sp1 binding site, is essential for transcription of the embigin gene. ..
- Kato K, Takahashi S, Cui L, Toda T, Suzuki S, Futakuchi M, et al. Suppressive effects of dietary genistin and daidzin on rat prostate carcinogenesis. Jpn J Cancer Res. 2000;91:786-91 pubmed..Thus, the present data suggest that genistin and daidzin possess anti-cancer effects at relatively early stages of prostate cancer development, providing experimental support for epidemiological findings. ..
- Yasuda Y, Nakamura J, Hamada Y, Nakayama M, Chaya S, Naruse K, et al. Role of PKC and TGF-beta receptor in glucose-induced proliferation of smooth muscle cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;281:71-7 pubmed
- Ishiguro H, Steward M, Sohma Y, Kubota T, Kitagawa M, Kondo T, et al. Membrane potential and bicarbonate secretion in isolated interlobular ducts from guinea-pig pancreas. J Gen Physiol. 2002;120:617-28 pubmed..Our calculations indicate that the electrodiffusive efflux of HCO(3)(-) to the lumen via CFTR, driven by this gradient, would be sufficient to fully account for the observed secretory flux of HCO(3)(-). ..
- Nakamatsu Y, Tanaka T. Venom of ectoparasitoid, Euplectrus sp near plathypenae (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae) regulates the physiological state of Pseudaletia separata (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) host as a food resource. J Insect Physiol. 2003;49:149-59 pubmed..We conclude that the injected venom increased the hemolymph content of lipid and protein to support the growth and development of the ectoparasitoid larva. ..
- Ishikawa H, Honda T, Toriyama K, Torii S, Sugiura Y. Origin and course of nerves immunoreactive for calcitonin gene-related peptide surrounding the femoral artery in rat. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2003;207:299-305 pubmed..Nerve branches terminating in various arterial segments had origins corresponding to those of somatic sensory nerve fibers, although pathways innervating the femoral artery took different courses. ..
- Oda T, Hirata M, Oshida Y, Han Y, Koshinaka K, Sato Y. Effect of imidapril, an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, on fructose-induced insulin resistance in rats. Endocr J. 2004;51:69-74 pubmed
- Okada H, Takagi A, Murate T, Adachi T, Yamamoto K, Matsushita T, et al. Identification of protein Salpha gene mutations including four novel mutations in eight unrelated patients with protein S deficiency. Br J Haematol. 2004;126:219-25 pubmed..These data implied that unknown factor(s) other than the 732A-->G mutation itself might influence phenotypic expression of PS status in different individuals. ..
- Ishii M, Naruse K, Hattori A, Tsujimoto M, Ishiura S, Numaguchi Y, et al. Oxytocin hypersensitivity in pregnant P-LAP deficient mice. Life Sci. 2009;84:668-72 pubmed publisher..P-LAP might be involved in the increased OT sensitivity just prior to onset of labor and also in the onset of labor by degradation of OT. ..
- Iwata H, Shibamoto Y, Murata R, Tomita N, Ayakawa S, Ogino H, et al. Estimation of errors associated with use of linear-quadratic formalism for evaluation of biologic equivalence between single and hypofractionated radiation doses: an in vitro study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009;75:482-8 pubmed publisher..Conversion of hypofractionated radiation doses to single doses using the LQ formalism could underestimate the effect of hypofractionated radiation by < or =30%. ..
- Seto M, Honma K, Nakagawa M. Diversity of genome profiles in malignant lymphoma. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:573-8 pubmed publisher..These variations indicate that multiple genetic pathways leading to the development of lymphomas may exist and hence result in the variable clinicopathological features observed. ..
- Kito Y, Suzuki H. Properties of Rikkunshi-to (TJ-43)-induced relaxation of rat gastric fundus smooth muscles. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010;298:G755-63 pubmed publisher..Because TJ-43-evoked relaxation of fundic CSM strips was more potent in diabetic GK rat than in control rat, further analysis of this herb could lead to better treatments of diabetic gastroparesis...
- Sugiyama K, Nishide K, Matsuo H, Okigawa S, Okano M, Ishitani T, et al. Delta1 family members are involved in filopodial actin formation and neuronal cell migration independent of Notch signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;398:118-24 pubmed publisher..We further identified a Notch-independent role of DeltaD in neuronal cell migration in zebrafish. These findings suggest a possible functional link between Notch-independent filopodial activity of Delta and the control of cell motility. ..
- Hirayama T, Kawabe T, Matsushima M, Nishimura Y, Kobe Y, Ota Y, et al. Ghrelin and obestatin promote the allergic action in rat peritoneal mast cells as basic secretagogues. Peptides. 2010;31:2109-13 pubmed publisher..We report here that ghrelin and obestatin, belonging to the family of basic secretagogues, stimulate mast cells independent of a receptor, and this may play a crucial role at the site of allergy or inflammation. ..
- Morimoto Y, Bando Y, Shigeta T, Monji A, Murohara T. Atorvastatin prevents ischemic limb loss in type 2 diabetes: role of p53. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2011;18:200-8 pubmed..ATR was found to restore ischemic limb loss in diabetes by augmenting p53 degradation through direct activation of the Akt/MDM2 pathway in skeletal muscle. ..
- Kamamoto M, Machida J, Yamaguchi S, Kimura M, Ono T, Jezewski P, et al. Clinical and functional data implicate the Arg(151)Ser variant of MSX1 in familial hypodontia. Eur J Hum Genet. 2011;19:844-50 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, the exact mechanism in which differential pleiotropy is manifested will need further and deeper clinical and functional analyses. ..
- Tsuji Y, Hojo M, Voigt N, El Armouche A, Inden Y, Murohara T, et al. Ca(2+)-related signaling and protein phosphorylation abnormalities play central roles in a new experimental model of electrical storm. Circulation. 2011;123:2192-203 pubmed publisher..ES causes Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II activation and phospholamban dephosphorylation, which can explain the vicious cycle of arrhythmia promotion and mechanical dysfunction that characterizes ES. ..
- Ito J, Nagayasu Y, Kheirollah A, Abe Dohmae S, Yokoyama S. ApoA-I enhances generation of HDL-like lipoproteins through interaction between ABCA1 and phospholipase C? in rat astrocytes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1811:1062-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the exogenous apoA-I augments the interaction between PL-C? and ABCA1 to stimulate tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of PL-C? for generation of HDL-like lipoproteins in astrocytes...
- Furuichi T, Iida H, Sokabe M, Tatsumi H. Expression of Arabidopsis MCA1 enhanced mechanosensitive channel activity in the Xenopus laevis oocyte plasma membrane. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:1022-6 pubmed publisher..Single-channel analyses suggest that MCA1 encodes a possible MS channel with a conductance of 34 pS...
- Ma D, Doi Y, Jin S, Li E, Sonobe Y, Takeuchi H, et al. TGF-? induced by interleukin-34-stimulated microglia regulates microglial proliferation and attenuates oligomeric amyloid ? neurotoxicity. Neurosci Lett. 2012;529:86-91 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that TGF-? produced by IL-34-treated microglia is a negative regulator of microglial proliferation and enhances the neuroprotective property of microglia. ..
- Beppu K, Sasaki T, Tanaka K, Yamanaka A, Fukazawa Y, Shigemoto R, et al. Optogenetic countering of glial acidosis suppresses glial glutamate release and ischemic brain damage. Neuron. 2014;81:314-20 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that controlling glial pH may be an effective therapeutic strategy for intervention of ischemic brain damage. ..
- Suzuki M, Kondo F, Ito Y, Matsumoto M, Hata M, Oka H, et al. Identification of a Shiga-toxin type I variant containing an IS1203-like element, from Shiga-toxin producing Escherichia coli O157:H7. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2004;234:63-7 pubmed publisher..Toxicity of the Stx1 was confirmed by Vero cell assay. IS1203v(1) hardly affected the stx(1) gene in either its expression or the toxicity of its product...
- Sugiyama C, Yamamoto M, Kotani T, Kikkawa F, Murata Y, Hayashi Y. Fertility and pregnancy-associated ß-cell proliferation in mice deficient in proglucagon-derived peptides. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43745 pubmed publisher..Gcg(gfp/gfp) mice may serve as a novel model to analyze the effect of mild hyperglycemia during late gestational periods. ..
- Mizuno S, Tra D, Mizobuchi A, Iseki H, Mizuno Iijima S, Kim J, et al. Truncated Cables1 causes agenesis of the corpus callosum in mice. Lab Invest. 2014;94:321-30 pubmed publisher..This study indicated that truncated Cables1 causes ACC and wild-type Cables1 contributes to callosal formation. ..
- Yang J, Hori M, Takahashi N, Kawabe T, Kato H, Okamoto T. NF-kappaB subunit p65 binds to 53BP2 and inhibits cell death induced by 53BP2. Oncogene. 1999;18:5177-86 pubmed..The previous findings that 53BP2 bound to p53 and Bcl-2 together with our present observations suggest that 53BP2 may play a central role in the regulation of apoptosis and cell growth. ..
- Uchimura K, Kadomatsu K, Nishimura H, Muramatsu H, Nakamura E, Kurosawa N, et al. Functional analysis of the chondroitin 6-sulfotransferase gene in relation to lymphocyte subpopulations, brain development, and oversulfated chondroitin sulfates. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:1443-50 pubmed..This finding suggested that chondroitin 6-sulfate plays a role in the maintenance of naive T lymphocytes in the spleen of young mice. ..
- Ju B, Pristyazhnyuk I, Ladygina T, Kinoshita M, Ozato K, Wakamatsu Y. Development and gene expression of nuclear transplants generated by transplantation of cultured cell nuclei into non-enucleated eggs in the medaka Oryzias latipes. Dev Growth Differ. 2003;45:167-74 pubmed..The chromosome number varied among cells in a single transplant embryo. The results obtained in these experiments may help future cloning efforts in fish. ..
- Ochiai K, Muramatsu H, Yamamoto S, Ando H, Muramatsu T. The role of midkine and pleiotrophin in liver regeneration. Liver Int. 2004;24:484-91 pubmed..MK and PTN are involved both in the inflammatory and reparative processes after partial hepatectomy, and as a whole are beneficial for liver regeneration. ..
- Hagihara H, Hara M, Tsunekawa K, Nakagawa Y, Sawada M, Nakano K. Tonic-clonic seizures induce division of neuronal progenitor cells with concomitant changes in expression of neurotrophic factors in the brain of pilocarpine-treated mice. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;139:258-66 pubmed..This sequence of events may be regulated through changes in expression of neurotrophic factors such as NGF, BDNF, HB-FGF, and NT-3. ..
- Ishiguro H, Namkung W, Yamamoto A, Wang Z, Worrell R, Xu J, et al. Effect of Slc26a6 deletion on apical Cl-/HCO3- exchanger activity and cAMP-stimulated bicarbonate secretion in pancreatic duct. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;292:G447-55 pubmed..In conclusion, these results point to the role of Slc26a6 in HCO3- efflux at the apical membrane and also suggest the presence of a robust Slc26a3 compensatory upregulation, which can replace the function of Slc26a6 in pancreatic ducts. ..
- Yoshimura T. [Structure and function of amino acid racemases]. Seikagaku. 2008;80:324-30 pubmed
- Baba A, Akagi K, Takayanagi M, Flanagan J, Kobayashi T, Hattori M. Fyn tyrosine kinase regulates the surface expression of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-linked ephrin via the modulation of sphingomyelin metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:9206-14 pubmed publisher..The signaling cascade described here may function as part of the negative feedback loop of ephrin-A function. ..
- Yamajuku D, Okubo S, Haruma T, Inagaki T, Okuda Y, Kojima T, et al. Regular feeding plays an important role in cholesterol homeostasis through the liver circadian clock. Circ Res. 2009;105:545-8 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that not only the amount and quality of food but also the timing of meals has crucial health implications. ..
- Miyake Y, Ito C, Tokuda H, Osawa T, Itoigawa M. Evaluation of flavoglaucin, its derivatives and pyranonigrins produced by molds used in fermented foods for inhibiting tumor promotion. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:1120-2 pubmed..Flavoglaucin and its derivatives exhibited high activity. Flavoglaucin and such a derivative as isodihydroauroglaucin inhibited mouse skin tumor promotion in a two-stage carcinogenesis test and appear to be antitumor promoters. ..
- Nakagawa M, Tsuzuki S, Honma K, Taguchi O, Seto M. Synergistic effect of Bcl2, Myc and Ccnd1 transforms mouse primary B cells into malignant cells. Haematologica. 2011;96:1318-26 pubmed publisher..Our new synergism-based method is useful for the identification of synergistic gene combinations in tumor development, and may expand our systemic understanding of a wide range of cancer-causing elements. ..
- Kozawa E, Nishida Y, Cheng X, Urakawa H, Arai E, Futamura N, et al. Osteoarthritic change is delayed in a Ctsk-knockout mouse model of osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2012;64:454-64 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CTK plays crucial direct roles in the early to intermediate stage of OA development. CTK-positive chondrocytes and synovial cells may be a possible target to prevent disease progression in OA. ..
- Okazaki A, Sudo Y, Takagi S. Optical silencing of C. elegans cells with arch proton pump. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35370 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSIONS/SGNIFICANCE: Arch can be used for silencing neurons and muscles, and may be a useful alternative to currently widely used halorhodopsin (NpHR) in optogenetic studies of C. elegans. ..
- Fujii Y, Okada A, Yasui T, Niimi K, Hamamoto S, Hirose M, et al. Effect of adiponectin on kidney crystal formation in metabolic syndrome model mice via inhibition of inflammation and apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61343 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to prove the preventive effect of adiponectin treatment for kidney crystal formation by renoprotective activities and inhibition of inflammation and apoptosis. ..
- Deguchi S, Katsushima K, Hatanaka A, Shinjo K, Ohka F, Wakabayashi T, et al. Oncogenic effects of evolutionarily conserved noncoding RNA ECONEXIN on gliomagenesis. Oncogene. 2017;36:4629-4640 pubmed publisher..In addition, our investigative approaches to identify conserved lncRNA and their molecular characterization by validation in mouse tumor models may be useful to functionally annotate novel lncRNAs, especially cancer-associated lncRNAs. ..
- Nakajima A, Nakatani A, Hasegawa S, Irie J, Ozawa K, Tsujimoto G, et al. The short chain fatty acid receptor GPR43 regulates inflammatory signals in adipose tissue M2-type macrophages. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179696 pubmed publisher..This newly identified facet of GPR43 in macrophages may have clinical implications for immune-metabolism related episodes. ..
- Hirose F, Yamaguchi M, Kuroda K, Omori A, Hachiya T, Ikeda M, et al. Isolation and characterization of cDNA for DREF, a promoter-activating factor for Drosophila DNA replication-related genes. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3930-7 pubmed
- Toyoda Y, Yoshie S, Shironoguchi H, Miwa I. Glucokinase is concentrated in insulin-secretory granules of pancreatic B-cells. Histochem Cell Biol. 1999;112:35-40 pubmed..A preliminary report of the present study has been published. ..
- Takano J, Watanabe M, Hitomi K, Maki M. Four types of calpastatin isoforms with distinct amino-terminal sequences are specified by alternative first exons and differentially expressed in mouse tissues. J Biochem. 2000;128:83-92 pubmed..These results suggest that the calpastatin isoforms possessing different N-terminal sequences are generated by alternative transcription initiation from their own promoters and skipping of the mutually exclusive exons. ..
- Sato W, Kadomatsu K, Yuzawa Y, Muramatsu H, Hotta N, Matsuo S, et al. Midkine is involved in neutrophil infiltration into the tubulointerstitium in ischemic renal injury. J Immunol. 2001;167:3463-9 pubmed..These results suggested that MK enhances migration of inflammatory cells upon ischemic injury of the kidney directly and also through induction of chemokines, and contributes to the augmentation of ischemic tissue damage. ..
- Ikeguchi H, Maruyama S, Morita Y, Fujita Y, Kato T, Natori Y, et al. Effects of human soluble thrombomodulin on experimental glomerulonephritis. Kidney Int. 2002;61:490-501 pubmed..RHS-TM is a potential novel therapeutic tool for thrombotic glomerular injury and related disorders. ..
- Ishigaki S, Liang Y, Yamamoto M, Niwa J, Ando Y, Yoshihara T, et al. X-Linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein is involved in mutant SOD1-mediated neuronal degeneration. J Neurochem. 2002;82:576-84 pubmed..These results suggest that XIAP plays a role in the apoptotic mechanism in the progression of disease in mutant SOD1 Tg mice and holds therapeutic possibilities for FALS. ..
- Miwa I, Taniguchi S. Acceleration by fructose of the ATP-sensitive K(+) channel-independent pathway of glucose-induced insulin secretion. Horm Metab Res. 2002;34:450-4 pubmed
- Nakamura N, Komiyama M, Fujioka M, Mori C. Sorting specificity of spermatogenic cell specific region of mouse hexokinase-s (mHk1-s). Mol Reprod Dev. 2003;64:113-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest that PBD of Hk1 targets mitochondrion, but the SSR of mHk1-s targets some specific organellae. ..
- Morishita M, Otsuka Y, Matsukawa N, Suzuki H, Nakazawa H, Maki M, et al. Specific binding of 125I-hippocampal cholinergic neurostimulating peptide (HCNP) to rat brain membranes: characterization and regional distribution. Brain Res. 2003;965:194-202 pubmed
- Okumura H, Kohno Y, Iwata Y, Mori H, Aoki N, Sato C, et al. A newly identified zona pellucida glycoprotein, ZPD, and dimeric ZP1 of chicken egg envelope are involved in sperm activation on sperm-egg interaction. Biochem J. 2004;384:191-9 pubmed..Collectively, ZPD might bind loosely to egg envelope matrix and play a key role in the sperm activation on avian sperm-egg interaction. ..
- Usami H, Kusano Y, Kumagai T, Osada S, Itoh K, Kobayashi A, et al. Selective induction of the tumor marker glutathione S-transferase P1 by proteasome inhibitors. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25267-76 pubmed
- Nakamura N, Banno Y, Tamiya Koizumi K. Arf1-dependent PLD1 is localized to oleic acid-induced lipid droplets in NIH3T3 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;335:117-23 pubmed..Taken together, the data suggest that the activation of Arf1-dependent PLD1 occurs in LDs and may be involved in their physiological function. ..
- Kawano Y, Yoshimura T, Tsuboi D, Kawabata S, Kaneko Kawano T, Shirataki H, et al. CRMP-2 is involved in kinesin-1-dependent transport of the Sra-1/WAVE1 complex and axon formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9920-35 pubmed..These results suggest that CRMP-2 transports the Sra-1/WAVE1 complex to axons in a kinesin-1-dependent manner and thereby regulates axon outgrowth and formation. ..
- Abe Dohmae S, Ueda K, Yokoyama S. ABCA7, a molecule with unknown function. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:1178-82 pubmed..Potential roles and functions of ABCA7 in lipid homeostasis are discussed, especially in relation to HDL metabolism, based on available publications...
- Yoshimura T, Arimura N, Kaibuchi K. Molecular mechanisms of axon specification and neuronal disorders. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1086:116-25 pubmed..These findings may help clarify causes of and treatments aimed at reversing AD and nerve injury. ..
- Harada N, Okajima K. Effect of capsaicin on plasma and tissue levels of insulin-like growth factor-I in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2008;18:75-81 pubmed..Sensory neuron activation might be lower in SHR than in WKY probably due to decreased production of cAMP in sensory neurons, explaining why IGF-I levels in plasma and tissues are lower in SHR than in WKY. ..
- Hayase M, Hashitani H, Suzuki H, Kohri K, Brading A. Evolving mechanisms of action of alverine citrate on phasic smooth muscles. Br J Pharmacol. 2007;152:1228-38 pubmed
- Tatematsu K, Tanaka Y, Kurbanov F, Sugauchi F, Mano S, Maeshiro T, et al. A genetic variant of hepatitis B virus divergent from known human and ape genotypes isolated from a Japanese patient and provisionally assigned to new genotype J. J Virol. 2009;83:10538-47 pubmed publisher..Since HBV/J is positioned phylogenetically in between human and ape genotypes, it may help to trace the origin of HBV and merits further epidemiological surveys...
- Jurado P, Kodama E, Tanizawa Y, Mori I. Distinct thermal migration behaviors in response to different thermal gradients in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genes Brain Behav. 2010;9:120-7 pubmed publisher..We thus propose to distinguish thermotaxis from other temperature-related behaviors, such as the warm avoidance response displayed at temperature gradients of 1 degrees C/cm and steeper. ..
- Shumiya T, Shibata R, Shimizu Y, Ishii M, Kubota R, Shintani S, et al. Evidence for the therapeutic potential of ex vivo expanded human endothelial progenitor cells using autologous serum. Circ J. 2010;74:1006-13 pubmed..Moreover, the angiogenic functions of such hEPCs are almost identical to those of hEPCs cultured with FBS. Ex vivo expanded hEPCs using AS seems to be useful for future clinical therapeutic angiogenesis. ..
- Yamada T, Akamatsu H, Hasegawa S, Inoue Y, Date Y, Mizutani H, et al. Melanocyte stem cells express receptors for canonical Wnt-signaling pathway on their surface. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:837-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that Fzd4(+) and Fzd7(+) cells were more immature than melanoblasts, therefore raising the possibility that Fzd4(+) and Fzd7(+) cells are MSCs. ..
- Inami Y, Yoshikai T, Ito S, Nishio N, Suzuki H, Sakurai H, et al. Differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells to thymic epithelial cells by phenotype. Immunol Cell Biol. 2011;89:314-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, we successfully induced efficient differentiation from mouse iPSC to TEPCs and mTEC by phenotype using chemically defined conditions. ..
- Yagi Y, Nishida Y, Ip Y. Functional analysis of Toll-related genes in Drosophila. Dev Growth Differ. 2010;52:771-83 pubmed publisher..Overall our results suggest that some of the Toll-related proteins, such as 18W, Toll-7 and Toll-8, may have redundant functions in regulating developmental processes. ..
- Kato S, Aoyama M, Kakita H, Hida H, Kato I, Ito T, et al. Endogenous erythropoietin from astrocyte protects the oligodendrocyte precursor cell against hypoxic and reoxygenation injury. J Neurosci Res. 2011;89:1566-74 pubmed publisher..Our present finding of an interaction between astrocytes and OPCs may lead to a new therapeutic approach to OPCs for use against cellular stress and injury. ..