Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications142 found, 100 shown here
- Ito K, Tanaka T, Hatta R, Yamamoto M, Akimitsu K, Tsuge T. Dissection of the host range of the fungal plant pathogen Alternaria alternata by modification of secondary metabolism. Mol Microbiol. 2004;52:399-411 pubmed..These mutants were found to produce AF-toxin II, but not AF-toxin I. These data represent a novel example of how the host range of a plant pathogenic fungus can be restricted by modification of secondary metabolism. ..
- Mimura H, Nakanishi Y, Hirono M, Maeshima M. Membrane topology of the H+-pyrophosphatase of Streptomyces coelicolor determined by cysteine-scanning mutagenesis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:35106-12 pubmed publisher..We propose that the basic structure of H+-PPases has 16 transmembrane domains with several large cytoplasmic loops containing functional motifs...
- Kiba T, Aoki K, Sakakibara H, Mizuno T. Arabidopsis response regulator, ARR22, ectopic expression of which results in phenotypes similar to the wol cytokinin-receptor mutant. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:1063-77 pubmed..These results suggested that ARR22 might also be implicated, directly or indirectly, in the cytokinin-responsive His-->Asp phophorelay signal transduction. ..
- Narita R, Yamashita H, Goto A, Imai H, Ichihara S, Mori H, et al. Syndecan-dependent binding of Drosophila hemocytes to laminin alpha3/5 chain LG4-5 modules: potential role in sessile hemocyte islets formation. FEBS Lett. 2004;576:127-32 pubmed..Thus, syndecan-dependent binding of hemocytes to laminin may have a potential role in sessile hemocytes islets formation in T2-A8 segments of Drosophila. ..
- Chen G, Muramatsu H, Ichihara Tanaka K, Muramatsu T. ZEC, a zinc finger protein with novel binding specificity and transcription regulatory activity. Gene. 2004;340:71-81 pubmed..Furthermore, co-transfection assays demonstrated that ZEC could activate a reporter luciferase gene driven by this DNA sequence. ..
- Kobae Y, Uemura T, Sato M, Ohnishi M, Mimura T, Nakagawa T, et al. Zinc transporter of Arabidopsis thaliana AtMTP1 is localized to vacuolar membranes and implicated in zinc homeostasis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:1749-58 pubmed..Thus we propose that AtMTP1 is localized in the vacuolar membrane and is involved in sequestration of excess Zn in the cytoplasm into vacuoles to maintain Zn homeostasis. ..
- Suzuki T, Nakajima S, Morikami A, Nakamura K. An Arabidopsis protein with a novel calcium-binding repeat sequence interacts with TONSOKU/MGOUN3/BRUSHY1 involved in meristem maintenance. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:1452-61 pubmed..These results are discussed in terms of the possible involvement of TSK and TSA1 in mitosis. ..
- Tsuchida A, Ogiso M, Nakamura Y, Kiso M, Furukawa K, Furukawa K. Molecular cloning and expression of human ST6GalNAc III: restricted tissue distribution and substrate specificity. J Biochem. 2005;138:237-43 pubmed..e. GM1b and sialyl lactotetraosylceramide, was observed. hST6GalNAc III also showed sialyltransferase activity toward O-glycans (but not N-glycans) in fetuin. ..
- Goto H, Kiyono T, Tomono Y, Kawajiri A, Urano T, Furukawa K, et al. Complex formation of Plk1 and INCENP required for metaphase-anaphase transition. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:180-7 pubmed..We propose that INCENP phosphorylation by Cdk1 is necessary for the recruitment of Plk1 to the kinetochore, and that the complex formation of Plk1 and Aurora-B on INCENP may play crucial roles in the regulation of chromosomal dynamics. ..
- Kadomatsu K. The midkine family in cancer, inflammation and neural development. Nagoya J Med Sci. 2005;67:71-82 pubmed..I summarize here the biological significance of the MK family in cancer, inflammation and neural development. ..
- Fujiu K, Nakayama Y, Yanagisawa A, Sokabe M, Yoshimura K. Chlamydomonas CAV2 encodes a voltage- dependent calcium channel required for the flagellar waveform conversion. Curr Biol. 2009;19:133-9 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that the Ca(2+) influx of Chlamydomonas flagella is mediated by the VDCC, CAV2, whose distribution is biased to the distal region of the flagellum. ..
- Takeda S, Minakata S, Koike R, Kawahata I, Narita A, Kitazawa M, et al. Two distinct mechanisms for actin capping protein regulation--steric and allosteric inhibition. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000416 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CARMIL proteins down-regulate CP by affecting its conformational dynamics. This conceptually new mechanism of CP inhibition provides a structural basis for the regulation of the barbed end elongation in cells. ..
- Sakaidani Y, Nomura T, Matsuura A, Ito M, Suzuki E, Murakami K, et al. O-linked-N-acetylglucosamine on extracellular protein domains mediates epithelial cell-matrix interactions. Nat Commun. 2011;2:583 pubmed publisher..Thus, O-GlcNAcylation of secreted and membrane glycoproteins is a novel mediator of cell-cell or cell-matrix interactions at the cell surface. ..
- Okochi Takada E, Hattori N, Tsukamoto T, Miyamoto K, Ando T, Ito S, et al. ANGPTL4 is a secreted tumor suppressor that inhibits angiogenesis. Oncogene. 2014;33:2273-8 pubmed publisher..These showed that ANGPTL4 is a genetically and epigenetically inactivated secreted tumor suppressor that inhibits tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Rahman M, Masuda A, Ohe K, Ito M, Hutchinson D, Mayeda A, et al. HnRNP L and hnRNP LL antagonistically modulate PTB-mediated splicing suppression of CHRNA1 pre-mRNA. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2931 pubmed publisher..HnRNP L and hnRNP LL thus antagonistically modulate PTB-mediated splicing suppression of exon P3A. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Hayashi Y, Hirose F, Matsuoka S, Moriuchi T, Shiroishi T, et al. Molecular cloning and structural analysis of mouse gene and pseudogenes for proliferating cell nuclear antigen. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:2403-10 pubmed..The psi PCNA-II is tentatively mapped in the chromosome 17 of the C57BL mouse. ..
- Osada H, Hasada K, Inazawa J, Uchida K, Ueda R, Takahashi T. Subcellular localization and protein interaction of the human LIMK2 gene expressing alternative transcripts with tissue-specific regulation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;229:582-9 pubmed..In contrast, a truncated LIMK2-Kinase has a nuclear location, not showing the protein association. ..
- Matsukawa N, Tooyama I, Kimura H, Yamamoto T, Tsugu Y, Oomura Y, et al. Increased expression of hippocampal cholinergic neurostimulating peptide-related components and their messenger RNAs in the hippocampus of aged senescence-accelerated mice. Neuroscience. 1999;88:79-92 pubmed..These disturbances of the septohippocampal cholinergic system might be the biochemical mechanism underlying the characteristic deterioration of senescence-accelerated-prone mice/8. ..
- El Fasakhany F, Uchimura K, Kannagi R, Muramatsu T. A novel human Gal-3-O-sulfotransferase: molecular cloning, characterization, and its implications in biosynthesis of (SO(4)-3)Galbeta1-4(Fucalpha1-3)GlcNAc. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:26988-94 pubmed..These results indicated that the newly cloned enzyme is a novel Gal-3-O-sulfotransferase and is involved in biosynthesis of the (SO(4)-3)Galbeta1-4(Fucalpha1-3)GlcNAc structure. ..
- Nakata D, M nster A, Gerardy Schahn R, Aoki N, Matsuda T, Kitajima K. Molecular cloning of a unique CMP-sialic acid synthetase that effectively utilizes both deaminoneuraminic acid (KDN) and N-acetylneuraminic acid (Neu5Ac) as substrates. Glycobiology. 2001;11:685-92 pubmed..These results indicate that at least one cloned enzyme has the ability to utilize both KDN and Neu5Ac as substrates efficiently and is useful for the production of CMP-KDN...
- Taniguchi M, Taniguchi Y, Kawasaki M, Takeda S, Kato T, Sato S, et al. Identifying and characterizing plastidic 2-oxoglutarate/malate and dicarboxylate transporters in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:706-17 pubmed..The AtpDCT1 mutants were able to grow under the high CO2 condition to suppress photorespiration. These findings suggested that at least AtpDCT1 is a necessary component for photorespiratory nitrogen recycling. ..
- Sakata E, Yamaguchi Y, Kurimoto E, Kikuchi J, Yokoyama S, Yamada S, et al. Parkin binds the Rpn10 subunit of 26S proteasomes through its ubiquitin-like domain. EMBO Rep. 2003;4:301-6 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the Arg 42 mutation induces a conformational change in the Rpn10-binding site of Ubl, resulting in impaired proteasomal binding of parkin, which could be the cause of AR-JP. ..
- Ujita M, Katsuno Y, Kawachi I, Ueno Y, Banno Y, Fujii H, et al. Glucan-binding activity of silkworm 30-kDa apolipoprotein and its involvement in defense against fungal infection. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2005;69:1178-85 pubmed..mori. These results suggest that 6G1 lipoprotein plays a role in the protection of B. mori against invading fungi. ..
- Nakagawa M, Hosokawa Y, Yonezumi M, Izumiyama K, Suzuki R, Tsuzuki S, et al. MALT1 contains nuclear export signals and regulates cytoplasmic localization of BCL10. Blood. 2005;106:4210-6 pubmed..The nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of MALT1 and BCL10 complex may indicate that these molecules are involved not only in the nuclear factor kappaB (NF-kappaB) pathway but also in other biologic functions in lymphocytes. ..
- Kawahara M, Rikihisa Y, Lin Q, Isogai E, Tahara K, Itagaki A, et al. Novel genetic variants of Anaplasma phagocytophilum, Anaplasma bovis, Anaplasma centrale, and a novel Ehrlichia sp. in wild deer and ticks on two major islands in Japan. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:1102-9 pubmed..These results suggest that enzootic cycles of Ehrlichia and Anaplasma species distinct from those found in the United States or Europe have been established in wild deer and ticks in Japan...
- Nakamura M, Tomita A, Nakatani H, Matsuda T, Nadano D. Antioxidant and antibacterial genes are upregulated in early involution of the mouse mammary gland: sharp increase of ceruloplasmin and lactoferrin in accumulating breast milk. DNA Cell Biol. 2006;25:491-500 pubmed..Ceruloplasmin and lactoferrin may cooperate in the defense of the mammary gland in the postlactation period. ..
- Ishikawa T, Machida C, Yoshioka Y, Ueda T, Nakano A, Machida Y. EMBRYO YELLOW gene, encoding a subunit of the conserved oligomeric Golgi complex, is required for appropriate cell expansion and meristem organization in Arabidopsis thaliana. Genes Cells. 2008;13:521-35 pubmed publisher..We propose that some Golgi-localized proteins, distributions of which are controlled by EYE, play important roles in expansion of cells and organs, and in formation of the properly organized SAM in plants. ..
- Hamaguchi A, Yamashino T, Koizumi N, Kiba T, Kojima M, Sakakibara H, et al. A small subfamily of Arabidopsis RADIALIS-LIKE SANT/MYB genes: a link to HOOKLESS1-mediated signal transduction during early morphogenesis. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:2687-96 pubmed..These results are discussed in the context of the possibility that RSM1 is implicated in HLS1-mediated auxin signaling, which is responsible for regulation of the early photomorphogenesis of Arabidopsis thaliana. ..
- Yokozaki S, Katano Y, Hayashi K, Ishigami M, Itoh A, Hirooka Y, et al. Mutations in two PKR-binding domains in chronic hepatitis C of genotype 3a and correlation with viral loads and interferon responsiveness. J Med Virol. 2011;83:1727-32 pubmed publisher..The findings from this study suggest that the ISDR plays an important role in regulating viral replication in patients infected with HCV genotype 3a...
- Li C, Hisamoto N, Nix P, Kanao S, Mizuno T, Bastiani M, et al. The growth factor SVH-1 regulates axon regeneration in C. elegans via the JNK MAPK cascade. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:551-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, SVH-1-SVH-2 signaling via activation of the MAPK pathway acts to coordinate neuron regeneration response after axon injury. ..
- Sugita C, Kato Y, Yoshioka Y, Tsurumi N, Iida Y, Machida Y, et al. CRUMPLED LEAF (CRL) homologs of Physcomitrella patens are involved in the complete separation of dividing plastids. Plant Cell Physiol. 2012;53:1124-33 pubmed publisher..This strongly suggests that PpCRLs are involved in the complete separation of dividing chloroplasts...
- Alexander D, Iigo M, Yamauchi K, Suzui M, Tsuda H. Lactoferrin: an alternative view of its role in human biological fluids. Biochem Cell Biol. 2012;90:279-306 pubmed publisher..Using this information, we briefly discuss hLF in the context of the complex biological fluids in which it is found. ..
- Usui D, Inaba S, Sekiguchi H, Sasaki Y, Tanaka T, Oda M. First observation of metal ion-induced structural fluctuations of ?-helical peptides by using diffracted X-ray tracking. Biophys Chem. 2017;228:81-86 pubmed publisher..The metal-binding energies determined using the angular diffusion coefficients were in good agreement with those determined using isothermal titration calorimetry. ..
- Ohshima N, Takahashi M, Hirose F. Identification of a human homologue of the DREF transcription factor with a potential role in regulation of the histone H1 gene. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:22928-38 pubmed..These results suggest that expression of hDREF/KIAA0785 may have a role in regulation of human genes related to cell proliferation. ..
- Kawajiri A, Yasui Y, Goto H, Tatsuka M, Takahashi M, Nagata K, et al. Functional significance of the specific sites phosphorylated in desmin at cleavage furrow: Aurora-B may phosphorylate and regulate type III intermediate filaments during cytokinesis coordinatedly with Rho-kinase. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:1489-500 pubmed..The results presented here suggest the possibility that Aurora-B may regulate cleavage furrow-specific phosphorylation and segregation of type III IFs coordinatedly with Rho-kinase during cytokinesis. ..
- Mizuno T, Hisamoto N, Terada T, Kondo T, Adachi M, Nishida E, et al. The Caenorhabditis elegans MAPK phosphatase VHP-1 mediates a novel JNK-like signaling pathway in stress response. EMBO J. 2004;23:2226-34 pubmed..These results suggest that VHP-1 plays a pivotal role in the integration and fine-tuning of the stress response regulated by the KGB-1 MAPK pathway. ..
- Tominaga K, Johmura Y, Nishizuka M, Imagawa M. Fad24, a mammalian homolog of Noc3p, is a positive regulator in adipocyte differentiation. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6217-26 pubmed
- Kita M, Okumura Y, Ohdachi S, Oba Y, Yoshikuni M, Nakamura Y, et al. Purification and characterisation of blarinasin, a new tissue kallikrein-like protease from the short-tailed shrew Blarina brevicauda: comparative studies with blarina toxin. Biol Chem. 2005;386:177-82 pubmed..9% identity to blarinasin. However, blarinasin was not toxic in mice. Blarinasin is a very abundant kallikrein-like protease and represents 70-75% of kallikrein-like enzymes in the salivary gland of B. brevicauda. ..
- Mitsumasu K, Ohta H, Tsuchihara K, Asaoka K, Ozoe Y, Niimi T, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of cDNAs encoding dopamine receptor-1 and -2 from brain-suboesophageal ganglion of the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Insect Mol Biol. 2008;17:185-95 pubmed publisher..Taking into account the results of earlier experiments on excised regions corresponding to mushroom bodies, BmDopR1 and 2 in the mushroom body apparently play a role in the release of diapause hormone...
- Wakayama T, Kondo T, Ando S, Matsumoto K, Sugimoto K. Pie1, a protein interacting with Mec1, controls cell growth and checkpoint responses in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:755-64 pubmed..Thus, Pie1 is structurally and functionally related to Rad26 and interacts with Mec1 to control checkpoints and cell proliferation. ..
- Suga S, Maeshima M. Water channel activity of radish plasma membrane aquaporins heterologously expressed in yeast and their modification by site-directed mutagenesis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:823-30 pubmed..These results suggest that these residues in the half-helix loop E and the tails are involved in the water transport and the functional regulation of RsPIP1 and RsPIP2. ..
- Momonoi K, Yoshida K, Mano S, Takahashi H, Nakamori C, Shoji K, et al. A vacuolar iron transporter in tulip, TgVit1, is responsible for blue coloration in petal cells through iron accumulation. Plant J. 2009;59:437-47 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that TgVit1 plays an essential role in blue coloration as a vacuolar iron transporter in tulip petals. These results suggest a new role for involvement of a vacuolar iron transporter in blue flower color development...
- Maki M, Kitaura Y, Satoh H, Ohkouchi S, Shibata H. Structures, functions and molecular evolution of the penta-EF-hand Ca2+-binding proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1600:51-60 pubmed..The Group I genes have also been found in lower animals, plants, fungi and protists. Recent findings of specific interacting proteins have started to gradually unveil the functions of the noncatalytic mammalian PEF proteins. ..
- Okumura M, Inoue S, Takahashi K, Ishizaki K, Kohchi T, Kinoshita T. Characterization of the plasma membrane H+-ATPase in the liverwort Marchantia polymorpha. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:826-34 pubmed publisher..Our results define physiological signals for the regulation of pT H(+)-ATPase in the liverwort M. polymorpha, which is one of the earliest plants to acquire pT H(+)-ATPase...
- Oba Y, Ojika M, Inouye S. Characterization of CG6178 gene product with high sequence similarity to firefly luciferase in Drosophila melanogaster. Gene. 2004;329:137-45 pubmed..Further, phylogenic analyses strongly suggest that the firefly luciferase gene may have evolved from a fatty acyl-CoA synthetase gene as a common ancestral gene. ..
- Suzuki T, Nakajima S, Inagaki S, Hirano Nakakita M, Matsuoka K, Demura T, et al. TONSOKU is expressed in S phase of the cell cycle and its defect delays cell cycle progression in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:736-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TSK is required during the cell cycle and defects of TSK cause the arrest of cell cycle progression at G2/M phase...
- Osman O, Fong M, Devi S. A preliminary study of dengue infection in Brunei. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2007;60:205-8 pubmed..This study is the first to report the detection and isolation of dengue virus from Brunei using RT-PCR and culture in the C6/36 albopictus mosquito cell line. ..
- Kloppsteck P, Hall M, Hasegawa Y, Persson K. Structure of the fimbrial protein Mfa4 from Porphyromonas gingivalis in its precursor form: implications for a donor-strand complementation mechanism. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22945 pubmed publisher..Our structural data allow us to propose that the new N-terminus of the mature protein may function as a donor strand in the polymerization of P. gingivalis fimbriae. ..
- Tokui T, Inagaki M, Nishizawa K, Yatani R, Kusagawa M, Ajiro K, et al. Inactivation of DNA polymerase beta by in vitro phosphorylation with protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:10820-4 pubmed..Thus, the inactivation of the DNA repair enzyme, DNA polymerase beta, by PKC may be an important process in the modification of DNA metabolism in the nucleus through signal transduction processes. ..
- Nishida Y. [Oncogene research using Drosophila as a model system]. Jpn J Genet. 1990;65:121-34 pubmed
- Kojima Y, Fukumoto S, Okajima T, Wiels J, Yokoyama K, Suzuki Y, et al. Molecular cloning of globotriaosylceramide/CD77 synthase, a glycosyltransferase that initiates the synthesis of globo series glycosphingolipids. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:15152-6 pubmed..Since Gb3/CD77 synthase initiates the synthesis of globo series glycolipids, the isolation of this cDNA will make possible further investigations into the function of its important series of glycolipids. ..
- Sumii M, Furutani Y, Waschuk S, Brown L, Kandori H. Strongly hydrogen-bonded water molecule present near the retinal chromophore of Leptosphaeria rhodopsin, the bacteriorhodopsin-like proton pump from a eukaryote. Biochemistry. 2005;44:15159-66 pubmed..This observation for LR provided additional experimental evidence of the correlation between strongly hydrogen-bonded water molecules and proton-pumping activity of archaeal rhodopsins. ..
- Kunishima S, Kojima T, Matsushita T, Tanaka T, Tsurusawa M, Furukawa Y, et al. Mutations in the NMMHC-A gene cause autosomal dominant macrothrombocytopenia with leukocyte inclusions (May-Hegglin anomaly/Sebastian syndrome). Blood. 2001;97:1147-9 pubmed..These results provide evidence for the involvement of abnormal NMMHC-A in the formation of leukocyte inclusions and also in platelet morphogenesis. ..
- Nakamura Y, Haines N, Chen J, Okajima T, Furukawa K, Urano T, et al. Identification of a Drosophila gene encoding xylosylprotein beta4-galactosyltransferase that is essential for the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans and for morphogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:46280-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that Drosophila beta4GalT7 has the in vitro and in vivo properties predicted for an ortholog of human beta4GalT7 and is essential for normal animal development through its role in proteoglycan biosynthesis. ..
- Rahman M, Senga T, Ito S, Hyodo T, Hasegawa H, Hamaguchi M. S-nitrosylation at cysteine 498 of c-Src tyrosine kinase regulates nitric oxide-mediated cell invasion. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:3806-14 pubmed publisher..These results identify a novel signaling pathway that links NO and Src family kinases to cancer cell invasion and metastasis. ..
- Shimizu Y, Tomikawa J, Hirano K, Nanikawa Y, Akazome Y, Kanda S, et al. Central distribution of kiss2 neurons and peri-pubertal changes in their expression in the brain of male and female red seabream Pagrus major. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;175:432-42 pubmed publisher..These results are in good agreement with the hypothesis that kiss2 neurons are involved in pubertal processes via regulatory influences on GnRH1 neurons in red seabream. ..
- Ohshima Y, Iwasaki I, Suga S, Murakami M, Inoue K, Maeshima M. Low aquaporin content and low osmotic water permeability of the plasma and vacuolar membranes of a CAM plant Graptopetalum paraguayense: comparison with radish. Plant Cell Physiol. 2001;42:1119-29 pubmed
- Jin Y, Murakumo Y, Ueno K, Hashimoto M, Watanabe T, Shimoyama Y, et al. Identification of a mouse cytoskeleton-associated protein, CKAP2, with microtubule-stabilizing properties. Cancer Sci. 2004;95:815-21 pubmed..These findings suggest that CKAP2 is a new MAP with microtubule-stabilizing properties and may represent a new molecular target for cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Yoshitsugu M, Yamada J, Kandori H. Color-changing mutation in the E-F loop of proteorhodopsin. Biochemistry. 2009;48:4324-30 pubmed publisher..We infer that the E-F loop has a unique structure in PR and the mutation of Ala178 disrupts the structure that includes the transmembrane region, leading to the observed changes in color and pK(a). ..
- Okada R, Kondo S, Satbhai S, Yamaguchi N, Tsukuda M, Aoki S. Functional characterization of CCA1/LHY homolog genes, PpCCA1a and PpCCA1b, in the moss Physcomitrella patens. Plant J. 2009;60:551-63 pubmed publisher..Together, our results illustrate similarities as well as divergence of the clock machineries between P. patens and A. thaliana, two distantly placed species in land plant phylogeny...
- Kitamura K, Takayama M, Hamajima N, Nakanishi M, Sasaki M, Endo Y, et al. Characterization of the human dihydropyrimidinase-related protein 2 (DRP-2) gene. DNA Res. 1999;6:291-7 pubmed
- Tsurumaru S, Kawamori A, Mitsumasu K, Niimi T, Imai K, Yamashita O, et al. Disappearance of chorion proteins from Bombyx mori eggs treated with HCl solution to prevent diapause. J Insect Physiol. 2010;56:1721-7 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the role of these proteins in choriogenesis...
- Nishimura T, Kaibuchi K. Numb controls integrin endocytosis for directional cell migration with aPKC and PAR-3. Dev Cell. 2007;13:15-28 pubmed..Because Numb interacts with the aPKC binding partner PAR-3, we propose a model in which polarized Numb phosphorylation contributes to cell migration by directing integrin endocytosis to the leading edge. ..
- Yamamoto K, Seto M, Komatsu H, Iida S, Akao Y, Kojima S, et al. Two distinct portions of LTG19/ENL at 19p13 are involved in t(11;19) leukemia. Oncogene. 1993;8:2617-25 pubmed..Although a chimeric mRNA of KOPN-1 type was rare, its presence suggested that the shared C-terminal portion of 189 amino acids of LTG19 contains important signal(s) for malignant transformation. ..
- Uchida M, Enomoto A, Fukuda T, Kurokawa K, Maeda K, Kodama Y, et al. Dok-4 regulates GDNF-dependent neurite outgrowth through downstream activation of Rap1 and mitogen-activated protein kinase. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:3067-77 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that Dok-4, through activation of the Rap1-ERK1/2 pathway, regulates GDNF-mediated neurite outgrowth during neuronal development. ..
- Suzuki S, Marazita M, Cooper M, Miwa N, Hing A, Jugessur A, et al. Mutations in BMP4 are associated with subepithelial, microform, and overt cleft lip. Am J Hum Genet. 2009;84:406-11 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we suggest a role for BMP4 in wound healing. ..
- Suzuki H, Tani K, Fujiyoshi Y. Crystal structures of claudins: insights into their intermolecular interactions. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2017;1397:25-34 pubmed publisher..Here, we focus on the structural basis of the intermolecular interactions between claudin molecules and between the Clostridium perfringens enterotoxin and its receptor claudins. ..
- Hibi K, Yamakawa K, Ueda R, Horio Y, Murata Y, Tamari M, et al. Aberrant upregulation of a novel integrin alpha subunit gene at 3p21.3 in small cell lung cancer. Oncogene. 1994;9:611-9 pubmed
- Sugihara Y, Honda H, Iida T, Morinaga T, Hino S, Okajima T, et al. Proteomic analysis of rodent ribosomes revealed heterogeneity including ribosomal proteins L10-like, L22-like 1, and L39-like. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:1351-66 pubmed publisher..Heterogeneity of mammalian testicular ribosomes is structurally non-negligible, and may offer valuable insights into the function of the customized ribosome. ..
- Kato M, Watanabe Y, Iino S, Takaoka Y, Kobayashi S, Haga T, et al. Cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding a new neurocalcin isoform (neurocalcin alpha) from bovine brain. Biochem J. 1998;331 ( Pt 3):871-6 pubmed..These data demonstrate that NC isoforms differ in their tissue distribution and conformational changes induced by Ca2+ binding. Thus differential regulation of the two NC isoforms may be involved in control of neuron function. ..
- Fukumoto S, Miyazaki H, Goto G, Urano T, Furukawa K. Expression cloning of mouse cDNA of CMP-NeuAc:Lactosylceramide alpha2,3-sialyltransferase, an enzyme that initiates the synthesis of gangliosides. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:9271-6 pubmed..Among various mouse tissues, brain, liver, and testis showed relatively high expression of a 2.3-kilobase mRNA, whereas all tissues, more or less, expressed this gene. ..
- Tachikui H, Kurosawa N, Kadomatsu K, Muramatsu T. Genomic organization and promoter activity of embigin, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. Gene. 1999;240:325-32 pubmed..Deletion analysis of the 3.5kb DNA fragment revealed that the region between -125 to +1, containing a single Sp1 binding site, is essential for transcription of the embigin gene. ..
- Matsuda S, Miyazaki K, Ichigotani Y, Kurata H, Takenouchi Y, Yamamoto T, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human gene (NESCA) which encodes a putative adapter protein containing SH3. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1491:321-6 pubmed..PCR-based mapping with both a monochromosomal hybrid panel and radiation hybrid cell panels placed the gene to human chromosome 1q21-22. ..
- Nishizawa M, Izawa I, Inoko A, Hayashi Y, Nagata K, Yokoyama T, et al. Identification of trichoplein, a novel keratin filament-binding protein. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1081-90 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that trichoplein is a keratin-binding protein that may be involved in the organization of the apical network of keratin filaments and desmosomes in simple epithelial cells. ..
- Yamamura H, Ugawa S, Ueda T, Nagao M, Shimada S. A novel spliced variant of the epithelial Na+ channel delta-subunit in the human brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;349:317-21 pubmed..In conclusion, the activities of both subunits may be involved in the mechanism underlying pH sensing in the human brain. ..
- Okumura M, Takahashi T, Shibata H, Maki M. Mammalian ESCRT-III-related protein IST1 has a distinctive met-pro repeat sequence that is essential for interaction with ALG-2 in the presence of Ca2+. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2013;77:1049-54 pubmed
- Imamura A, Hanaki N, Umeda H, Nakamura A, Suzuki T, Ueguchi C, et al. Response regulators implicated in His-to-Asp phosphotransfer signaling in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:2691-6 pubmed..In vivo and in vitro evidence that ARRs can function as phosphoaccepting response regulators was obtained by employing the Escherichia coli His-Asp phosphotransfer signaling system. ..
- Ishigaki S, Niwa J, Yoshihara T, Mitsuma N, Doyu M, Sobue G. Two novel genes, human neugrin and mouse m-neugrin, are upregulated with neuronal differentiation in neuroblastoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;279:526-33 pubmed..These results indicate that neugrin and m-neugrin are mainly expressed in neurons in the nervous system, and play an important role in the process of neuronal differentiation. ..
- Tanaka K, Kitagawa Y, Kadowaki T. Drosophila segment polarity gene product porcupine stimulates the posttranslational N-glycosylation of wingless in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:12816-23 pubmed..Thus, Porc binds the N-terminal specific domain of the Wnt family and stimulates its posttranslational N-glycosylation by anchoring them at the ER membrane possibly through acylation. ..
- Ichigotani Y, Fujii K, Hamaguchi M, Matsuda S. In search of a function for the E3B1/Abi2/Argbp1/NESH family (Review). Int J Mol Med. 2002;9:591-5 pubmed..The knowledge of this status is helpful in thinking of the regulatory mechanisms to cell metastasis and to malignant transformation of cancer. We discuss how these interesting molecules work and consider their involvement in cancer. ..
- Goto H, Yasui Y, Kawajiri A, Nigg E, Terada Y, Tatsuka M, et al. Aurora-B regulates the cleavage furrow-specific vimentin phosphorylation in the cytokinetic process. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8526-30 pubmed..Our findings indicate that Aurora-B regulates the cleavage furrow-specific vimentin phosphorylation and controls vimentin filament segregation in cytokinetic process. ..
- Kita M, Nakamura Y, Okumura Y, Ohdachi S, Oba Y, Yoshikuni M, et al. Blarina toxin, a mammalian lethal venom from the short-tailed shrew Blarina brevicauda: Isolation and characterization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:7542-7 pubmed..The acute toxicity and proteolytic activity of BLTX were strongly inhibited by aprotinin, a kallikrein inhibitor, suggesting that its toxicity is due to a kallikrein-like activity of the venom...
- Ogawa Y, Sugiura K, Watanabe A, Kunimatsu M, Mishima M, Tomita Y, et al. Autoantigenicity of DFS70 is restricted to the conformational epitope of C-terminal alpha-helical domain. J Autoimmun. 2004;23:221-31 pubmed..We propose that anti-DFS70 antibody may be a natural autoantibody, which might modify or reflect the inflammatory process of various disorders. ..
- Sugimoto M, Nakayama M, Goto T, Amano M, Komori K, Kaibuchi K. Rho-kinase phosphorylates eNOS at threonine 495 in endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;361:462-7 pubmed..Treatment with Y27632, a Rho-kinase inhibitor, suppressed thrombin-induced phosphorylation at Thr495. These results indicate that Rho-kinase can directly phosphorylate eNOS at Thr495 to suppress NO production in endothelium. ..
- Nagano K, Murakami Y, Nishikawa K, Sakakibara J, Shimozato K, Yoshimura F. Characterization of RagA and RagB in Porphyromonas gingivalis: study using gene-deletion mutants. J Med Microbiol. 2007;56:1536-48 pubmed..These results suggest that physically associated RagA and RagB may stabilize themselves on the cell surface and function as active transporters of large degradation products of protein and in part as a virulence factor...
- Pheng V, Uenoyama Y, Homma T, Inamoto Y, Takase K, Yoshizawa Kumagaye K, et al. Potencies of centrally- or peripherally-injected full-length kisspeptin or its C-terminal decapeptide on LH release in intact male rats. J Reprod Dev. 2009;55:378-82 pubmed
- Ikehara Y, Shimizu N, Kono M, Nishihara S, Nakanishi H, Kitamura T, et al. A novel glycosyltransferase with a polyglutamine repeat; a new candidate for GD1alpha synthase (ST6GalNAc V)(1). FEBS Lett. 1999;463:92-6 pubmed..Interestingly, the polyglutamine repeat number was different from that of inbred mice. We report the first glycosyltransferase with a polymorphic polyglutamine repeat. ..