Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence homology in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Locale: Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Topic: amino acid sequence homology
- Adachi Yamada T, Gotoh T, Sugimura I, Tateno M, Nishida Y, Onuki T, et al. De novo synthesis of sphingolipids is required for cell survival by down-regulating c-Jun N-terminal kinase in Drosophila imaginal discs. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:7276-86 pubmed..The ERK pathway may be antagonistic to the JNK pathway in the control of cell survival. ..
- Tanaka K, Kitagawa Y, Kadowaki T. Drosophila segment polarity gene product porcupine stimulates the posttranslational N-glycosylation of wingless in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:12816-23 pubmed..Thus, Porc binds the N-terminal specific domain of the Wnt family and stimulates its posttranslational N-glycosylation by anchoring them at the ER membrane possibly through acylation. ..
- Katoh K, Shibata H, Hatta K, Maki M. CHMP4b is a major binding partner of the ALG-2-interacting protein Alix among the three CHMP4 isoforms. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004;421:159-65 pubmed..These results suggest that CHMP4b is a major binding partner of Alix among the three CHMP4 isoforms. ..
- Imamura A, Hanaki N, Umeda H, Nakamura A, Suzuki T, Ueguchi C, et al. Response regulators implicated in His-to-Asp phosphotransfer signaling in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:2691-6 pubmed..In vivo and in vitro evidence that ARRs can function as phosphoaccepting response regulators was obtained by employing the Escherichia coli His-Asp phosphotransfer signaling system. ..
- Mimura H, Nakanishi Y, Hirono M, Maeshima M. Membrane topology of the H+-pyrophosphatase of Streptomyces coelicolor determined by cysteine-scanning mutagenesis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:35106-12 pubmed publisher..We propose that the basic structure of H+-PPases has 16 transmembrane domains with several large cytoplasmic loops containing functional motifs...
- Pheng V, Uenoyama Y, Homma T, Inamoto Y, Takase K, Yoshizawa Kumagaye K, et al. Potencies of centrally- or peripherally-injected full-length kisspeptin or its C-terminal decapeptide on LH release in intact male rats. J Reprod Dev. 2009;55:378-82 pubmed
- Sawatari E, Seki R, Adachi T, Hashimoto H, Uji S, Wakamatsu Y, et al. Overexpression of the dominant-negative form of myostatin results in doubling of muscle-fiber number in transgenic medaka (Oryzias latipes). Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2010;155:183-9 pubmed publisher..Unlike in mammals, MSTN loss-of-function failed to induce double-muscling in medaka, despite the highly conserved nature of MSTN function among taxa...
- Futaki S, Takagishi Y, Hayashi Y, Ohmori S, Kanou Y, Inouye M, et al. Identification of a novel myosin-Va mutation in an ataxic mutant rat, dilute-opisthotonus. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:649-55 pubmed..The MyoVA protein expression was severely impaired in the dop/dop brain. This is the first report to define the dop mutation as the Myo5a gene abnormality in the rat. ..
- Ichigotani Y, Fujii K, Hamaguchi M, Matsuda S. In search of a function for the E3B1/Abi2/Argbp1/NESH family (Review). Int J Mol Med. 2002;9:591-5 pubmed..The knowledge of this status is helpful in thinking of the regulatory mechanisms to cell metastasis and to malignant transformation of cancer. We discuss how these interesting molecules work and consider their involvement in cancer. ..
- Ishigaki S, Niwa J, Yoshihara T, Mitsuma N, Doyu M, Sobue G. Two novel genes, human neugrin and mouse m-neugrin, are upregulated with neuronal differentiation in neuroblastoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;279:526-33 pubmed..These results indicate that neugrin and m-neugrin are mainly expressed in neurons in the nervous system, and play an important role in the process of neuronal differentiation. ..
- Tachikui H, Kurosawa N, Kadomatsu K, Muramatsu T. Genomic organization and promoter activity of embigin, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. Gene. 1999;240:325-32 pubmed..Deletion analysis of the 3.5kb DNA fragment revealed that the region between -125 to +1, containing a single Sp1 binding site, is essential for transcription of the embigin gene. ..
- Yamamura H, Ugawa S, Ueda T, Nagao M, Shimada S. A novel spliced variant of the epithelial Na+ channel delta-subunit in the human brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;349:317-21 pubmed..In conclusion, the activities of both subunits may be involved in the mechanism underlying pH sensing in the human brain. ..
- Matsuda S, Miyazaki K, Ichigotani Y, Kurata H, Takenouchi Y, Yamamoto T, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human gene (NESCA) which encodes a putative adapter protein containing SH3. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1491:321-6 pubmed..PCR-based mapping with both a monochromosomal hybrid panel and radiation hybrid cell panels placed the gene to human chromosome 1q21-22. ..
- Suzuki T, Nakajima S, Morikami A, Nakamura K. An Arabidopsis protein with a novel calcium-binding repeat sequence interacts with TONSOKU/MGOUN3/BRUSHY1 involved in meristem maintenance. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:1452-61 pubmed..These results are discussed in terms of the possible involvement of TSK and TSA1 in mitosis. ..
- Kamimoto T, Nagai Y, Onogi H, Muro Y, Wakabayashi T, Hagiwara M. Dymple, a novel dynamin-like high molecular weight GTPase lacking a proline-rich carboxyl-terminal domain in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:1044-51 pubmed..Our findings suggest that dymple may be the first example of such a subfamily in mammalian cells other than dynamin itself, although its precise role and membrane localization remain to be resolved. ..
- Mizuno T, Hisamoto N, Terada T, Kondo T, Adachi M, Nishida E, et al. The Caenorhabditis elegans MAPK phosphatase VHP-1 mediates a novel JNK-like signaling pathway in stress response. EMBO J. 2004;23:2226-34 pubmed..These results suggest that VHP-1 plays a pivotal role in the integration and fine-tuning of the stress response regulated by the KGB-1 MAPK pathway. ..
- Kato M, Watanabe Y, Iino S, Takaoka Y, Kobayashi S, Haga T, et al. Cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding a new neurocalcin isoform (neurocalcin alpha) from bovine brain. Biochem J. 1998;331 ( Pt 3):871-6 pubmed..These data demonstrate that NC isoforms differ in their tissue distribution and conformational changes induced by Ca2+ binding. Thus differential regulation of the two NC isoforms may be involved in control of neuron function. ..
- Katoh K, Shibata H, Suzuki H, Nara A, Ishidoh K, Kominami E, et al. The ALG-2-interacting protein Alix associates with CHMP4b, a human homologue of yeast Snf7 that is involved in multivesicular body sorting. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:39104-13 pubmed..These results suggest that CHMP4b and Alix participate in formation of multivesicular bodies by cooperating with SKD1. ..
- Sakata E, Yamaguchi Y, Kurimoto E, Kikuchi J, Yokoyama S, Yamada S, et al. Parkin binds the Rpn10 subunit of 26S proteasomes through its ubiquitin-like domain. EMBO Rep. 2003;4:301-6 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the Arg 42 mutation induces a conformational change in the Rpn10-binding site of Ubl, resulting in impaired proteasomal binding of parkin, which could be the cause of AR-JP. ..
- Koiwai O, Yasui Y, Sakai Y, Watanabe T, Ishii K, Yanagihara S, et al. Cloning of the mouse cDNA encoding DNA topoisomerase I and chromosomal location of the gene. Gene. 1993;125:211-6 pubmed..The mouse TopI gene was mapped at position 54.5 on chromosome 2 from linkage analyses of a three-point cross test with Geg, Ada, and a as marker genes. ..
- Inoue N, Matsuda Minehata F, Goto Y, Sakamaki K, Manabe N. Molecular characteristics of porcine Fas-associated death domain (FADD) and procaspase-8. J Reprod Dev. 2007;53:427-36 pubmed..However when caspase-inhibitor p35 was cotransfected, cell death was inhibited. The pFADD and pprocaspase-8 genes are well conserved, as are the physiological functions of their products. ..
- Hirano K, Nakajima M, Asano K, Nishiyama T, Sakakibara H, Kojima M, et al. The GID1-mediated gibberellin perception mechanism is conserved in the Lycophyte Selaginella moellendorffii but not in the Bryophyte Physcomitrella patens. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3058-79 pubmed publisher..patens, indicating that GID1/DELLA-mediated GA signaling, if present, differs from that in vascular plants. Our results suggest that GID1/DELLA-mediated GA signaling appeared after the divergence of vascular plants from the moss lineage...
- Suzuki T, Inagaki S, Nakajima S, Akashi T, Ohto M, Kobayashi M, et al. A novel Arabidopsis gene TONSOKU is required for proper cell arrangement in root and shoot apical meristems. Plant J. 2004;38:673-84 pubmed
- Murakami M, Ashikari M, Miura K, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. The evolutionarily conserved OsPRR quintet: rice pseudo-response regulators implicated in circadian rhythm. Plant Cell Physiol. 2003;44:1229-36 pubmed..thaliana. These and other results of this study suggested that the OsPRR quintet, including the ortholog of APRR1/TOC1, might play important roles within, or close to, the circadian clock of rice. ..
- Seto M, Yamamoto K, Takahashi T, Ueda R. Cloning and expression of a murine cDNA homologous to the human RCK/P54, a lymphoma-linked chromosomal translocation junction gene on 11q23. Gene. 1995;166:293-6 pubmed..Northern analysis demonstrated a 7.5-kb signal in all tissues tested and in vitro translation analysis showed a 54-kDa polypeptide. These results indicate that both mouse and human RCK/P54 are highly conserved. ..
- Ishitani T, Ninomiya Tsuji J, Matsumoto K. Regulation of lymphoid enhancer factor 1/T-cell factor by mitogen-activated protein kinase-related Nemo-like kinase-dependent phosphorylation in Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1379-89 pubmed..These results suggest that NLK phosphorylation on these sites contributes to the down-regulation of LEF-1/TCF transcriptional activity. ..
- Nakamura Y, Haines N, Chen J, Okajima T, Furukawa K, Urano T, et al. Identification of a Drosophila gene encoding xylosylprotein beta4-galactosyltransferase that is essential for the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans and for morphogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:46280-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that Drosophila beta4GalT7 has the in vitro and in vivo properties predicted for an ortholog of human beta4GalT7 and is essential for normal animal development through its role in proteoglycan biosynthesis. ..
- Lim Y, Nishizawa K, Nishi Y, Tsuda L, Inoue Y, Nishida Y. Genetic analysis of rolled, which encodes a Drosophila mitogen-activated protein kinase. Genetics. 1999;153:763-71 pubmed..Involvement of rl in cell proliferation was also demonstrated by clonal analysis. Branching and integration of signals in the MAP kinase cascade is discussed. ..
- Tanaka Hino M, Sagasti A, Hisamoto N, Kawasaki M, Nakano S, Ninomiya Tsuji J, et al. SEK-1 MAPKK mediates Ca2+ signaling to determine neuronal asymmetric development in Caenorhabditis elegans. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:56-62 pubmed..Thus, the NSY-1-SEK-1-MAPK cascade is activated by Ca2+ signaling through CaMKII and establishes asymmetric cell fate decision during neuronal development. ..
- Ueda A, Shi W, Sanmiya K, Shono M, Takabe T. Functional analysis of salt-inducible proline transporter of barley roots. Plant Cell Physiol. 2001;42:1282-9 pubmed..In situ hybridization analysis showed that the HvProT mRNA was strongly expressed in root cap cells under salt stress. HvProT might play an important role in the transport of proline to root tip region urgently upon salt stress. ..
- Kabeya Y, Kobayashi Y, Suzuki H, Itoh J, Sugita M. Transcription of plastid genes is modulated by two nuclear-encoded alpha subunits of plastid RNA polymerase in the moss Physcomitrella patens. Plant J. 2007;52:730-41 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that plastid genes are differentially transcribed by distinct PEP enzymes with either PpRpoA1 or PpRpoA2...
- El Fasakhany F, Uchimura K, Kannagi R, Muramatsu T. A novel human Gal-3-O-sulfotransferase: molecular cloning, characterization, and its implications in biosynthesis of (SO(4)-3)Galbeta1-4(Fucalpha1-3)GlcNAc. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:26988-94 pubmed..These results indicated that the newly cloned enzyme is a novel Gal-3-O-sulfotransferase and is involved in biosynthesis of the (SO(4)-3)Galbeta1-4(Fucalpha1-3)GlcNAc structure. ..
- Hyakutake A, Homma M, Austin M, Boin M, H se C, Kawagishi I. Only one of the five CheY homologs in Vibrio cholerae directly switches flagellar rotation. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:8403-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, it is likely that the principal roles of che clusters I and III as well as cheY0 are to control functions other than chemotaxis...
- Kuroda N, Naruse K, Shima A, Nonaka M, Sasaki M. Molecular cloning and linkage analysis of complement C3 and C4 genes of the Japanese medaka fish. Immunogenetics. 2000;51:117-28 pubmed..These results suggest that the MHC class III complement region was established in the tetrapod lineage, or lost in the teleost lineage...
- Nakagawa M, Hosokawa Y, Yonezumi M, Izumiyama K, Suzuki R, Tsuzuki S, et al. MALT1 contains nuclear export signals and regulates cytoplasmic localization of BCL10. Blood. 2005;106:4210-6 pubmed..The nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of MALT1 and BCL10 complex may indicate that these molecules are involved not only in the nuclear factor kappaB (NF-kappaB) pathway but also in other biologic functions in lymphocytes. ..
- Ohshima Y, Iwasaki I, Suga S, Murakami M, Inoue K, Maeshima M. Low aquaporin content and low osmotic water permeability of the plasma and vacuolar membranes of a CAM plant Graptopetalum paraguayense: comparison with radish. Plant Cell Physiol. 2001;42:1119-29 pubmed
- Tominaga K, Johmura Y, Nishizuka M, Imagawa M. Fad24, a mammalian homolog of Noc3p, is a positive regulator in adipocyte differentiation. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6217-26 pubmed
- El Halawany M, Ohkouchi S, Shibata H, Hitomi K, Maki M. Identification of cysteine protease inhibitors that belong to cystatin family 1 in the cellular slime mold Dictyostelium discoideum. Biol Chem. 2004;385:547-50 pubmed publisher..Using specific polyclonal antibodies, we found that cystatin A1 is stably expressed throughout the life cycle of Dictyostelium, whereas cystatin A2 expression is up-regulated during the course of development...
- Tanaka H, Onouchi H, Kondo M, Hara Nishimura I, Nishimura M, Machida C, et al. A subtilisin-like serine protease is required for epidermal surface formation in Arabidopsis embryos and juvenile plants. Development. 2001;128:4681-9 pubmed
- Takano J, Watanabe M, Hitomi K, Maki M. Four types of calpastatin isoforms with distinct amino-terminal sequences are specified by alternative first exons and differentially expressed in mouse tissues. J Biochem. 2000;128:83-92 pubmed..These results suggest that the calpastatin isoforms possessing different N-terminal sequences are generated by alternative transcription initiation from their own promoters and skipping of the mutually exclusive exons. ..
- Oba Y, Ojika M, Inouye S. Characterization of CG6178 gene product with high sequence similarity to firefly luciferase in Drosophila melanogaster. Gene. 2004;329:137-45 pubmed..Further, phylogenic analyses strongly suggest that the firefly luciferase gene may have evolved from a fatty acyl-CoA synthetase gene as a common ancestral gene. ..
- Hosokawa Y, Maeda Y, Seto M. Human Helios, an Ikaros-related zinc finger DNA binding protein: cDNA cloning and tissue expression pattern. Immunogenetics. 1999;50:106-8 pubmed
- Obata Y, Satta Y, Moriwaki K, Shiroishi T, Hasegawa H, Takahashi T, et al. Structure, function, and evolution of mouse TL genes, nonclassical class I genes of the major histocompatibility complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:6589-93 pubmed..Thus, it is suggested that the function of TL antigens is distinct from that of classical class I antigens and is related to the recognition of a relatively restricted repertoire of antigens and their presentation to T-cell receptors. ..
- Namikawa Yamada C, Naruse K, Wada H, Shima A, Kuroda N, Nonaka M, et al. Genetic linkage between the LMP2 and LMP7 genes in the medaka fish, a teleost. Immunogenetics. 1997;46:431-3 pubmed
- Suzuki H, Kawasaki M, Inuzuka T, Okumura M, Kakiuchi T, Shibata H, et al. Structural basis for Ca2+ -dependent formation of ALG-2/Alix peptide complex: Ca2+/EF3-driven arginine switch mechanism. Structure. 2008;16:1562-73 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, together with the results of in vitro binding assay with mutant ALG-2 and Alix proteins, we propose a Ca(2+)/EF3-driven arginine switch mechanism for ALG-2 binding to Alix. ..
- Asano T, Yoshioka Y, Kurei S, Sakamoto W, Machida Y. A mutation of the CRUMPLED LEAF gene that encodes a protein localized in the outer envelope membrane of plastids affects the pattern of cell division, cell differentiation, and plastid division in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2004;38:448-59 pubmed..A possible function of the CRL protein is discussed. ..
- Hashimoto M, Tan S, Mori N, Cheng H, Cheng P. Mucin biosynthesis: molecular cloning and expression of mouse mucus-type core 2 beta1,6 N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase. Glycobiology. 2007;17:994-1006 pubmed..This report provides the basis for further characterization of the regulation of mC2GnT-M gene expression and the biological functions of this gene. ..
- Saito N, Ikegami H, Shimada K. Effect of water deprivation on aquaporin 4 (AQP4) mRNA expression in chickens (Gallus domesticus). Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;141:193-7 pubmed..On the other hand, the mRNA expression of AQP4 in the kidney significantly decreased after dehydration. This suggests that AQP4 may play a pivotal role in osmoregulation in the chicken brain. ..
- Ohara T, Tsuge T. FoSTUA, encoding a basic helix-loop-helix protein, differentially regulates development of three kinds of asexual spores, macroconidia, microconidia, and chlamydospores, in the fungal plant pathogen Fusarium oxysporum. Eukaryot Cell. 2004;3:1412-22 pubmed..However, the mutants produced markedly fewer macroconidia and microconidia in infected plants than the wild type. These results suggest that FoSTUA also has an important role for microconidium formation specifically in infected plants. ..
- Kiba T, Aoki K, Sakakibara H, Mizuno T. Arabidopsis response regulator, ARR22, ectopic expression of which results in phenotypes similar to the wol cytokinin-receptor mutant. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:1063-77 pubmed..These results suggested that ARR22 might also be implicated, directly or indirectly, in the cytokinin-responsive His-->Asp phophorelay signal transduction. ..
- Ohno K, Hirose F, Inoue Y, Takisawa H, Mimura S, Hashimoto Y, et al. cDNA cloning and expression during development of Drosophila melanogaster MCM3, MCM6 and MCM7. Gene. 1998;217:177-85 pubmed
- Nakatsukasa K, Nishikawa S, Hosokawa N, Nagata K, Endo T. Mnl1p, an alpha -mannosidase-like protein in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is required for endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of glycoproteins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:8635-8 pubmed..Possible roles of Mnl1p in the degradation and in the ER-retention of misfolded glycoproteins are discussed. ..