Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Padova, Veneto, Italy
Locale: Padova, Veneto, Italy
Publications390 found, 100 shown here
- Gerardi S. Ionizing radiation microbeam facilities for radiobiological studies in Europe. J Radiat Res. 2009;50 Suppl A:A13-20 pubmed..An overview of the European microbeam facilities for radiobiological studies is presented and discussed in this paper. ..
- Ambrosino G, Polistina F, Costantin G, Francescon P, Guglielmi R, Zanco P, et al. Image-guided robotic stereotactic radiosurgery for unresectable liver metastases: preliminary results. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:3381-4 pubmed
- Camozzi V, Sanguin F, Albigier N, Scaroni C, Mantero F, Zaninotto M, et al. Persistent increase of osteoprotegerin levels after cortisol normalization in patients with Cushing's syndrome. Eur J Endocrinol. 2010;162:85-90 pubmed publisher..We speculate that high levels of OPG could reflect the persistent damage of the GCs on cardiovascular system. ..
- Floreani A, Caroli D, Variola A, Rizzotto E, Antoniazzi S, Chiaramonte M, et al. A 35-year follow-up of a large cohort of patients with primary biliary cirrhosis seen at a single centre. Liver Int. 2011;31:361-8 pubmed publisher..The clinical presentation of PBC has been changing over the years. Its early detection and early treatment improve the related survival rates. ..
- Lucchetta M, Pazzaglia C, Padua L, Briani C. Exploring neuropathic symptoms in a large cohort of Italian patients with different peripheral nervous system diseases. Neurol Sci. 2011;32:423-6 pubmed publisher..The results of our study point out the difference in the occurrence of the painful symptoms. A scale able to discriminate distinct types of neuropathic pain may provide clinicians with adequate therapeutic choices in the daily practice...
- Gomes L, Di Benedetto G, Scorrano L. During autophagy mitochondria elongate, are spared from degradation and sustain cell viability. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:589-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, regulated changes in mitochondrial morphology determine the fate of the cell during autophagy. ..
- Girotto S, Sturlese M, Bellanda M, Tessari I, Cappellini R, Bisaglia M, et al. Dopamine-derived quinones affect the structure of the redox sensor DJ-1 through modifications at Cys-106 and Cys-53. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:18738-49 pubmed publisher..The relevance of these covalent modifications to the several functions ascribed to DJ-1 is discussed in the context of the cell response to a dopamine-derived oxidative insult. ..
- Bonaldo P, Sandri M. Cellular and molecular mechanisms of muscle atrophy. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:25-39 pubmed publisher..Understanding how these pathways regulate muscle mass will provide new therapeutic targets for the prevention and treatment of muscle atrophy in metabolic and neuromuscular diseases...
- Brunello A, Borgato L, Basso U, Lumachi F, Zagonel V. Targeted approaches to triple-negative breast cancer: current practice and future directions. Curr Med Chem. 2013;20:605-12 pubmed..Future large studies could help in defining optimal treatment strategies for TNBC, both in the advanced setting as well as in the (neo) adjuvant setting. ..
- Menegazzo L, Albiero M, Millioni R, Tolin S, Arrigoni G, Poncina N, et al. Circulating myeloid calcifying cells have antiangiogenic activity via thrombospondin-1 overexpression. FASEB J. 2013;27:4355-65 pubmed publisher..The study highlights the successful identification and validation of a pathogenic pathway by a gold standard proteomic/transcriptomic analysis of blood cells. ..
- Veronese N, Trevisan C, De Rui M, Bolzetta F, Maggi S, Zambon S, et al. Serum Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate and Risk for Type 2 Diabetes in Older Men and Women: The Pro.V.A Study. Can J Diabetes. 2016;40:158-63 pubmed publisher..Higher serum DHEAS levels revealed a significant protective effect against the onset of type 2 diabetes in older men but not in older women, confirming different sensitivities of type 2 diabetes to DHEAS between genders. ..
- Bellometti S, Galzigna L, Richelmi P, Gregotti C, Berte F. Both serum receptors of tumor necrosis factor are influenced by mud pack treatment in osteoarthrotic patients. Int J Tissue React. 2002;24:57-64 pubmed
- Fanin M, Nascimbeni A, Angelini C. Screening of calpain-3 autolytic activity in LGMD muscle: a functional map of CAPN3 gene mutations. J Med Genet. 2007;44:38-43 pubmed
- Ferlin A, Vinanzi C, Garolla A, Selice R, Zuccarello D, Cazzadore C, et al. Male infertility and androgen receptor gene mutations: clinical features and identification of seven novel mutations. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2006;65:606-10 pubmed..AR gene mutations are quite frequent in unselected infertile men but no specific hormonal or clinical data could be used to preselect patients at risk of mutations. ..
- Dell Aica I, Niero R, Piazza F, Cabrelle A, Sartor L, Colalto C, et al. Hyperforin blocks neutrophil activation of matrix metalloproteinase-9, motility and recruitment, and restrains inflammation-triggered angiogenesis and lung fibrosis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;321:492-500 pubmed..These results indicate that Hyp is a powerful anti-inflammatory compound with therapeutic potential, and they elucidate mechanistic keys. ..
- Brun P, Dickinson S, Zavan B, Cortivo R, Hollander A, Abatangelo G. Characteristics of repair tissue in second-look and third-look biopsies from patients treated with engineered cartilage: relationship to symptomatology and time after implantation. Arthritis Res Ther. 2008;10:R132 pubmed publisher..Persistence of symptoms might reflect the presence of a nonhyaline cartilage repair tissue. ..
- Gandin V, Fernandes A, Rigobello M, Dani B, Sorrentino F, Tisato F, et al. Cancer cell death induced by phosphine gold(I) compounds targeting thioredoxin reductase. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;79:90-101 pubmed publisher..Pharmacodynamic studies in human ovarian cancer cells allowed for the correlation of intracellular drug accumulation with TrxR inhibition that leads to the induction of apoptosis via the mitochondrial pathway...
- Masiero S, Avesani R, Pegoraro S, Frigo A, Bonaldo L. Predictive factors for functional recovery in patients admitted to subacute care nursing home in Italy. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2011;23:74-7 pubmed publisher..Our results may help to optimize management of older adults admitted to an RSA for rehabilitation treatment. ..
- Martini P, Risso D, Sales G, Romualdi C, Lanfranchi G, Cagnin S. Statistical Test of Expression Pattern (STEPath): a new strategy to integrate gene expression data with genomic information in individual and meta-analysis studies. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12:92 pubmed publisher..The usage of the STEPath-computed gene set scores overcomes batch effects in the meta-analysis approaches allowing the direct comparison of different pathologies and different studies on a gene set activation level. ..
- Marson G, Palumbo M, Sissi C. Folding versus charge: understanding selective target recognition by the thrombin aptamers. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:2027-35 pubmed..A subtle balance of aptamer folding and sequence is shown to cooperate with charge density for effective and selective recognition of exosite I or exosite II by TBAs. ..
- Bello L, Melacini P, Pezzani R, D Amico A, Piva L, Leonardi E, et al. Cardiomyopathy in patients with POMT1-related congenital and limb-girdle muscular dystrophy. Eur J Hum Genet. 2012;20:1234-9 pubmed publisher..The functional impact of known and novel POMT1 mutations was predicted with a bioinformatics approach, and results were compared with previous in vitro studies of protein-o-mannosylase function. ..
- Carraro S, Filippone M, Da Dalt L, Ferraro V, Maretti M, Bressan S, et al. Bronchopulmonary dysplasia: the earliest and perhaps the longest lasting obstructive lung disease in humans. Early Hum Dev. 2013;89 Suppl 3:S3-5 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of these pathogenetic mechanisms, in fact, may be able to orient the development of novel targeted therapies or prevention strategies to improve the overall respiratory health of BPD patients. ..
- Lumini A, Nanni L, Brahnam S. Multilayer descriptors for medical image classification. Comput Biol Med. 2016;72:239-47 pubmed publisher..A MATLAB version of the complete system developed in this paper will be made available at https://www.dei.unipd.it/node/2357. ..
- Giampieri R, Puzzoni M, Daniele B, Ferrari D, Lonardi S, Zaniboni A, et al. First-line FOLFIRI and bevacizumab in patients with advanced colorectal cancer prospectively stratified according to serum LDH: final results of the GISCAD (Italian Group for the Study of Digestive Tract Cancers) CENTRAL (ColorEctalavastiNTRiAlLdh) t. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1099-1104 pubmed publisher..The LDH serum levels should then no further be investigated as a predictive factor in this setting. ..
- de Bernard M, Moschioni M, Napolitani G, Rappuoli R, Montecucco C. The VacA toxin of Helicobacter pylori identifies a new intermediate filament-interacting protein. EMBO J. 2000;19:48-56 pubmed..The possible involvement of this novel protein in interactions between intermediate filaments and late endosomal compartments is discussed. ..
- Pegoraro E, Cepollaro F, Prandini P, Marin A, Fanin M, Trevisan C, et al. Integrin alpha 7 beta 1 in muscular dystrophy/myopathy of unknown etiology. Am J Pathol. 2002;160:2135-43 pubmed..We conclude that secondary integrin alpha 7 deficiency is rather common in muscular dystrophy/myopathy of unknown etiology, emphasizing the multiple mechanisms that may modulate integrin function and stability. ..
- Scarpa M, Angriman I, Ruffolo C, Ferronato A, Polese L, Barollo M, et al. Health-related quality of life after restorative proctocolectomy for ulcerative colitis: long-term results. World J Surg. 2004;28:124-9 pubmed..HRQL is influenced by drugs, stool frequency, pouchitis, postoperative pelvic complications, and age at diagnosis. ..
- Mioni R, Chiarelli S, Xamin N, Zuliani L, Granzotto M, Mozzanega B, et al. Evidence for the presence of glucose transporter 4 in the endometrium and its regulation in polycystic ovary syndrome patients. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:4089-96 pubmed..In conclusion, our data demonstrate that GLUT4 is present in the endometrium of normal and PCOS subjects and that hyperinsulinism and obesity seem to have a negative effect on endometrial GLUT4 expression in PCOS. ..
- Pigazzi M, Manara E, Beghin A, Baron E, Tregnago C, Basso G. ICER evokes Dusp1-p38 pathway enhancing chemotherapy sensitivity in myeloid leukemia. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:742-52 pubmed publisher..ICER restoration or DUSP1 inhibition might be possible strategies to sensitize AML cancer cells to conventional chemotherapy and to inhibit tumor growth. ..
- Lucchetta M, Pazzaglia C, Granata G, Briani C, Padua L. Ultrasound evaluation of peripheral neuropathy in POEMS syndrome. Muscle Nerve. 2011;44:868-72 pubmed publisher..The aim of our study was to assess the pattern of ultrasound (US) nerve abnormalities in POEMS syndrome patients...
- Barzon L, Pacenti M, Franchin E, Squarzon L, Lavezzo E, Toppo S, et al. Novel West Nile virus lineage 1a full genome sequences from human cases of infection in north-eastern Italy, 2011. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2012;18:E541-4 pubmed publisher..The presence of different WNV strains in a relatively small geographical area is a novel finding with unpredictable impact on human disease that requires further investigation...
- Pernas L, Scorrano L. Mito-Morphosis: Mitochondrial Fusion, Fission, and Cristae Remodeling as Key Mediators of Cellular Function. Annu Rev Physiol. 2016;78:505-31 pubmed publisher..Throughout, we highlight the evolutionary context in which mitochondrial dynamics emerged and consider unanswered questions whose dissection might lead to mitochondrial morphology-based therapies. ..
- Sconfienza L, Cavallaro F, Colombi V, Pastorelli L, Tontini G, Pescatori L, et al. In-vivo Axial-strain Sonoelastography Helps Distinguish Acutely-inflamed from Fibrotic Terminal Ileum Strictures in Patients with Crohn's Disease: Preliminary Results. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2016;42:855-63 pubmed publisher..750; pÂ =Â 0.567) or RTS and disease duration (rÂ =Â 0.238; pÂ =Â 0.483). RTS of the terminal ileum in patients with CD is feasible in-vivo, potentially differentiating between fibrotic and inflammatory strictures. ..
- Causin V, Schiavone S, Marigo A, Carresi P. Bayesian framework for the evaluation of fiber evidence in a double murder--a case report. Forensic Sci Int. 2004;141:159-70 pubmed..Fibers were the only traces that helped in the corroboration of the crime scenario, being absent any DNA, fingerprints and ballistic evidence. ..
- Gerosa G, Bianco R, Buja G, di Marco F. Totally endoscopic robotic-guided pulmonary veins ablation: an alternative method for the treatment of atrial fibrillation. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2004;26:450-2 pubmed..Once in place, a box lesion of the pulmonary veins was produced by microwave. At the 3-month follow up the patient is in sinus rhythm and so far did not longer experienced paroxysmal arrhythmic episodes. ..
- Zavagno G, Goldin E, Mencarelli R, Capitanio G, Del Bianco P, Marconato R, et al. Role of resection margins in patients treated with breast conservation surgery. Cancer. 2008;112:1923-31 pubmed publisher..Close margins do not mandate reexcision because they may indicate either that the tumor has been radically excised or the presence of residual foci of a multifocal tumor, which are usually effectively treated by radiotherapy. ..
- de Brito O, Scorrano L. Mitofusin 2 tethers endoplasmic reticulum to mitochondria. Nature. 2008;456:605-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, mitofusin 2 tethers ER to mitochondria, a juxtaposition required for efficient mitochondrial Ca(2+) uptake. ..
- Sartori L, Becchio C, Castiello U. Cues to intention: the role of movement information. Cognition. 2011;119:242-52 pubmed publisher..fast-speed individual movements). These results demonstrate that observers are attuned to advance movement information from different cues and that they can use such kind of information to anticipate the future course of an action. ..
- Mian C, Pennelli G, Barollo S, Cavedon E, Nacamulli D, Vianello F, et al. Combined RET and Ki-67 assessment in sporadic medullary thyroid carcinoma: a useful tool for patient risk stratification. Eur J Endocrinol. 2011;164:971-6 pubmed publisher..The combined evaluation of RET and Ki-67 could act as an adjuvant prognostic marker useful for ameliorating the initial risk stratification of patients with sporadic MTC. ..
- D Onofrio A, Gasparetto V, Napodano M, Bianco R, Tarantini G, Renier V, et al. Impact of preoperative mitral valve regurgitation on outcomes after transcatheter aortic valve implantation. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2012;41:1271-6; discussion 1276-7 pubmed publisher..MR was not identified as a risk factor for mortality. At follow-up, a reduction in MR and an improvement of echocardiographic parameters were observed in the MR group. ..
- Fellin T, Luvisetto S, Spagnolo M, Pietrobon D. Modal gating of human CaV2.1 (P/Q-type) calcium channels: II. the b mode and reversible uncoupling of inactivation. J Gen Physiol. 2004;124:463-74 pubmed..1 channels could be a potent and versatile mechanism for the modulation of synaptic strength and plasticity as well as of neuronal excitability and other postsynaptic Ca2+-dependent processes. ..
- Gambato C, Ghirlando A, Moretto E, Busato F, Midena E. Mitomycin C modulation of corneal wound healing after photorefractive keratectomy in highly myopic eyes. Ophthalmology. 2005;112:208-18; discussion 219 pubmed..004, 0.024, and 0.046, respectively). Topical intraoperative application of 0.02% mitomycin C can reduce haze formation in highly myopic eyes undergoing PRK. ..
- Sorgato M, Bertoli A. From cell protection to death: may Ca2+ signals explain the chameleonic attributes of the mammalian prion protein?. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:171-4 pubmed publisher..Ca(2+) features in almost all processes of cell signaling, and may thus tell us much about a protein that pivots between health and disease. ..
- Rigon C, Andrisani A, Forzan M, D Antona D, Bruson A, Cosmi E, et al. Association study of AMH and AMHRII polymorphisms with unexplained infertility. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:1244-8 pubmed publisher..A clearer understanding of their function in ovarian physiology may help clinicians to find a role for antimüllerian hormone measurement in the field of reproductive medicine. ..
- Pilotto E, Vujosevic S, de Belvis V, Parrozzani R, Boccassini B, Midena E. Long-term choroidal vascular changes after iodine brachytherapy versus transpupillary thermotherapy for choroidal melanoma. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2009;19:646-53 pubmed..To compare long-term choroidal vascular changes after iodine-125 brachytherapy (IBT) versus transpupillary thermotherapy (TTT) used as primary treatment of small choroidal melanoma...
- Mocellin S. Metabolic immune restraints: implications for anticancer vaccines. Curr Pharm Des. 2010;16:277-91 pubmed..These mechanistic insights are fostering the development of rationally designed therapeutics aimed to revert the immunosuppressive circuits and thus to enhance the effectiveness of anticancer vaccines. ..
- Pistollato F, Abbadi S, Rampazzo E, Viola G, Della Puppa A, Cavallini L, et al. Hypoxia and succinate antagonize 2-deoxyglucose effects on glioblastoma. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;80:1517-27 pubmed publisher..2-DG inhibits anaerobic glycolysis altering GBM cell phenotype by forcing tumor cells into mitochondrial metabolism and by inducing differentiation. ..
- Pizzuti D, Senzolo M, Buda A, Chiarelli S, Giacomelli L, Mazzon E, et al. In vitro model for IgE mediated food allergy. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2011;46:177-87 pubmed publisher..Small intestinal organ culture is a functional model of food allergy and could be considered as an in vitro oral food challenge, with evident reduction of costs and risks for the patients. ..
- Fiscon V, Portale G, Migliorini G, Frigo F. Laparoscopic resection of colorectal cancer in elderly patients. Tumori. 2010;96:704-8 pubmed..The aim of the study was to assess the effects of age on the outcome of laparoscopic colorectal surgery for cancer at a single department...
- Sales G, Calura E, Cavalieri D, Romualdi C. graphite - a Bioconductor package to convert pathway topology to gene network. BMC Bioinformatics. 2012;13:20 pubmed publisher..In the field of topological analysis graphite acts as a provider of biological information by reducing the pathway complexity considering the biological meaning of the pathway elements. ..
- Cogliati S, Frezza C, Soriano M, Varanita T, Quintana Cabrera R, Corrado M, et al. Mitochondrial cristae shape determines respiratory chain supercomplexes assembly and respiratory efficiency. Cell. 2013;155:160-71 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that, accordingly, the efficiency of mitochondria-dependent cell growth depends on cristae shape. Thus, RCS assembly emerges as a link between membrane morphology and function. ..
- Granatiero V, Giorgio V, CalÃ¬ T, Patron M, Brini M, Bernardi P, et al. Reduced mitochondrial Ca(2+) transients stimulate autophagy in human fibroblasts carrying the 13514A>G mutation of the ND5 subunit of NADH dehydrogenase. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:231-41 pubmed publisher..This indicates that the higher mitochondrial turnover in complex I deficient cells with this specific mutation is a pro-survival compensatory mechanism that could contribute to the mild clinical phenotype of this patient. ..
- Cesaro S, Cavaliere M, Pegoraro A, Gamba P, Zadra N, Tridello G. A comprehensive approach to the prevention of central venous catheter complications: results of 10-year prospective surveillance in pediatric hematology-oncology patients. Ann Hematol. 2016;95:817-25 pubmed publisher..4, pâ€‰=â€‰0.0153) and an age at CVC positioning less than 6.1 years (HR 1.6, pâ€‰=â€‰0.0025). We conclude that a best-practice set of rules resulted in reduced CVC complications. ..
- Zecchin C, Facchinetti A, Sparacino G, De Nicolao G, Cobelli C. Neural network incorporating meal information improves accuracy of short-time prediction of glucose concentration. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2012;59:1550-60 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that exploiting meal information improves the accuracy of short-time glucose prediction. ..
- Bordin F, Marzano C, Baccichetti F, Carlassare F, Vedaldi D, Falcomer S, et al. Photobiological properties of 1'-thieno-4,6,4'-trimethylangelicin. Photochem Photobiol. 1998;68:157-63 pubmed
- Stanchi F, Bertocco E, Toppo S, Dioguardi R, Simionati B, Cannata N, et al. Characterization of 16 novel human genes showing high similarity to yeast sequences. Yeast. 2001;18:69-80 pubmed..More information on this work can be obtained at the website http://grup.bio.unipd.it/hussy ..
- Cardaioli P, Giordan M, Panfili M, Chioin R. Complication with an embolic protection device during carotid angioplasty. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2004;62:234-6 pubmed..Deployment of AngioGuard induced sudden severe vasospasm, with subsequent minor stroke. According to our observations, AngioGuard may cause a vasospastic response with adverse neurologic effects. ..
- Ferlin A, Arredi B, Foresta C. Genetic causes of male infertility. Reprod Toxicol. 2006;22:133-41 pubmed..In this review we will report and discuss the genetic causes of male infertility known up to date and we will analyse genetic polymorphisms possibly associated with male infertility. ..
- Bisogno G. Persistent B-cell depletion after rituximab for thrombocytopenic purpura. Eur J Pediatr. 2007;166:85-6 pubmed
- Masiero S, Celia A, Armani M, Rosati G. A novel robot device in rehabilitation of post-stroke hemiplegic upper limbs. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2006;18:531-5 pubmed..According to our results, NeReBot therapy may efficaciously complement standard post-stroke multidisciplinary rehabilitation and offer novel therapeutic strategies for neurological rehabilitation. ..
- Santinello M, Vieno A, De Vogli R. Primary headache in Italian early adolescents: the role of perceived teacher unfairness. Headache. 2009;49:366-74 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal research is needed to delineate causal relationships between school factors and recurrent headache. ..
- Palatini P, De Martin S, Pegoraro P, Orlando R. Enzyme inhibition and induction in liver disease. Curr Clin Pharmacol. 2008;3:56-69 pubmed
- Berto P, Frati F, Incorvaia C. Economic studies of immunotherapy: a review. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;8:585-9 pubmed..This is even more correct under the societal perspective, that is, when indirect costs of lost productivity are considered and included in the economic analysis. ..
- Pistollato F, Rampazzo E, Abbadi S, Della Puppa A, Scienza R, D Avella D, et al. Molecular mechanisms of HIF-1alpha modulation induced by oxygen tension and BMP2 in glioblastoma derived cells. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6206 pubmed publisher..We also found differences in high oxygen and BMP2 sensitivity between GBM cells and normal cells that should be further investigated to better define tumor cell biology. ..
- Raffaella C, Annapaola C, Tullio I, Angelo R, Giuseppe L, Simone C. Successful treatment of severe iatrogenic calcinosis cutis with intravenous sodium thiosulfate in a child affected by T-acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Pediatr Dermatol. 2009;26:311-5 pubmed publisher..No functional or sensitive impairment remained...
- Bordignon M, Zattra E, Albertin C, Belloni Fortina A. Successful treatment of a 9-year-old boy affected by acrodermatitis continua of Hallopeau with targeted ultraviolet B narrow-band phototherapy. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2010;26:41-3 pubmed publisher..We described a case of a 9-year-old boy affected by ACH, successfully treated with targeted ultraviolet B 311 nm phototherapy, which seems to be an effective and safe therapy for this condition. ..
- Bisaglia M, Greggio E, Maric D, Miller D, Cookson M, Bubacco L. Alpha-synuclein overexpression increases dopamine toxicity in BE2-M17 cells. BMC Neurosci. 2010;11:41 pubmed publisher..The data presented here are compatible with several models of cytotoxicity, including the formation of alpha-synuclein oligomers and impairment of the lysosomal degradation. ..
- Bolzati C, Refosco F, Marchiani A, Ruzza P. (99m)Tc-radiolabelled peptides for tumour imaging: present and future. Curr Med Chem. 2010;17:2656-83 pubmed..For diagnostic purposes, techenetium - 99m is the ideal radionuclide thanks to its nuclear properties and the availability of a low cost portable generator system. ..
- Vigolo P, Zaccaria M. Clinical evaluation of marginal bone level change of multiple adjacent implants restored with splinted and nonsplinted restorations: a 5-year prospective study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2010;25:1189-94 pubmed..Multiple nonsplinted implants can be successfully included in many clinical situations in an effort to optimize esthetics and circumvent the problem of nonpassively fitting frameworks. ..
- Porzionato A, Rucinski M, Macchi V, Stecco C, Castagliuolo I, Malendowicz L, et al. Expression of leptin and leptin receptor isoforms in the rat and human carotid body. Brain Res. 2011;1385:56-67 pubmed publisher..Ob-Re mRNA was not detected. The above findings suggest a role of circulating or locally produced leptin in the regulation of chemoreceptor discharge and/or metabolic sensing function, by means of direct action on type I cells. ..
- Pelizzo M, Torresan F, Grassetto G, Briani G, Marzola M, Rubello D. Imaging identifies submandibular ectopic thyroid tissue. Clin Nucl Med. 2011;36:728-30 pubmed publisher..A 54-year-old man with a 6-month history of visible asymptomatic swelling in the right submandibular region had ultrasonography and Tc-99m pertechnetate imaging. ..
- Tura A, Pacini G, Kautzky Willer A, Gastaldelli A, DeFronzo R, Ferrannini E, et al. Estimation of prehepatic insulin secretion: comparison between standardized C-peptide and insulin kinetic models. Metabolism. 2012;61:434-43 pubmed publisher..The insulin-based ISR method compares favorably with the C-peptide approach. The method will be particularly useful in data sets lacking C-peptide to assess β-cell function through models requiring prehepatic secretion. ..
- Noale M, Limongi F, Scafato E, Maggi S, Crepaldi G. Longevity and health expectancy in an ageing society: implications for public health in Italy. Ann Ist Super Sanita. 2012;48:292-9 pubmed publisher..Health expectancy is more important than life expectancy" ..
- Migliore F, Maffei E, Perazzolo Marra M, Bilato C, Napodano M, Corbetti F, et al. LAD coronary artery myocardial bridging and apical ballooning syndrome. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013;6:32-41 pubmed publisher..001). Our study showed that myocardial bridging of the LAD is a frequent finding in ABS patients as revealed both by CA and, mostly, by CTA, suggesting a role of myocardial bridging as potential substrate in the pathogenesis of ABS. ..
- Costa R, Arrigoni G, Cozza G, Lolli G, Battistutta R, Izpisua Belmonte J, et al. The lysine-specific demethylase 1 is a novel substrate of protein kinase CK2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1844:722-9 pubmed publisher..Our data support the view that the phosphorylation of the N-terminal domain by CK2 may represent a mechanism for regulating histone methylation, disclosing a new role for protein kinase CK2 in epigenetics. ..
- Maiovis P, Ioannidis P, Nucci M, Gotzamani Psarrakou A, Karacostas D. Adaptation of the Cognitive Reserve Index Questionnaire (CRIq) for the Greek population. Neurol Sci. 2016;37:633-6 pubmed publisher..The Greek version of CRIq enriches existing dementia research methodology and allows for valid results in an ever growing field. ..
- Magnani C, Ranucci A, Badaloni C, Cesaroni G, Ferrante D, Miligi L, et al. Road Traffic Pollution and Childhood Leukemia: A Nationwide Case-control Study in Italy. Arch Med Res. 2016;47:694-705 pubmed publisher..Our conclusion highlights the need for leukemia type specific analyses in future studies. Results support the need of controlling exposure from traffic pollution, even if knowledge is not complete. ..
- Rassu M, Del Giudice M, Sanna S, Taymans J, Morari M, Brugnoli A, et al. Role of LRRK2 in the regulation of dopamine receptor trafficking. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179082 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications for the complex role that LRRK2 plays in neuronal physiology and the possible pathological mechanisms that may lead to neuronal death in PD. ..
- Briani C, Cagnin A, Chierichetti F, Tiberio M, Battistin L, Pizzolato G. Thiethylperazine-induced parkinsonism: in vivo demonstration of dopamine D2 receptors blockade. Eur J Neurol. 2004;11:709-10 pubmed
- Floreani A, Rizzotto E, Ferrara F, Carderi I, Caroli D, Blasone L, et al. Clinical course and outcome of autoimmune hepatitis/primary sclerosing cholangitis overlap syndrome. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005;100:1516-22 pubmed..8117, p < 0.01) Patients with AIH/PSC overlap syndrome seem to benefit from immunosuppression + UDCA therapy, survival is apparently better than in "classical" PSC condition. ..
- Indraccolo S, Stievano L, Minuzzo S, Tosello V, Esposito G, Piovan E, et al. Interruption of tumor dormancy by a transient angiogenic burst within the tumor microenvironment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:4216-21 pubmed..These findings may emphasize that tumor angiogenesis is a process requiring a higher amount of angiogenic factors for its induction than maintenance. ..
- Manara R, Franzoi M, Cogo P, Battistella P. Acute necrotizing encephalopathy: combined therapy and favorable outcome in a new case. Childs Nerv Syst. 2006;22:1231-6 pubmed..e., internal capsules, posterolateral putamen, and deep periventricular white matter...