Experts and Doctors on prevalence in Turin, Piedmont, Italy
Locale: Turin, Piedmont, Italy
- Tibaldi C, Cappello N, Latino M, Polarolo G, Masuelli G, Cavallo F, et al. Maternal risk factors for abnormal vaginal flora during pregnancy. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2016;133:89-93 pubmed publisher..Testing could be advisable for symptomatic women at any stage of pregnancy, during the first trimester for asymptomatic women at risk of preterm birth, and for some asymptomatic women. ..
- Bruno R, Pucci G, Rosticci M, Guarino L, Guglielmo C, Agabiti Rosei C, et al. Association Between Lifestyle and Systemic Arterial Hypertension in Young Adults: A National, Survey-Based, Cross-Sectional Study. High Blood Press Cardiovasc Prev. 2016;23:31-40 pubmed publisher..High BP values were found in 11 % young adults. Male sex, adiposity and alimentary habits were the main determinants of high BP values, indicating that young men are a suitable target for healthy lifestyle interventions. ..
- Grio R, Latino M, Leotta E, Smirne C, Lanza A, Spagnolo E, et al. Sexually transmitted diseases and pelvic inflammatory disease. Minerva Ginecol. 2004;56:141-7 pubmed..many of these infections have only a few or no symptoms at all. Greater attention to the anamnestic data collection would therefore be the key to focusing the clinical investigations on those who are at a major risk to contracting STDs. ..
- ..Hepatitis D continues to ravage populations of developing and poor countries where HBV remains unchecked; action is needed to enforce HBV vaccination as effective prophylaxis not only against HBV, but against HDV as well...
- Gillio Tos A, Bicalho M, Fiano V, Grasso C, Tarallo V, De Marco L, et al. Case-control study of HLA-G promoter methylation status, HPV infection and cervical neoplasia in Curitiba, Brazil: a pilot analysis. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:618 pubmed publisher..96, 1.07). This study did not support the hypothesis that spontaneous de-methylation events in the HLA-G promoter play a primary role in promoting escape from immunosurveillance in the development of precancerous cervical lesions. ..
- Ghiggia A, Torta R, Tesio V, Di Tella M, Romeo A, Colonna F, et al. Psychosomatic syndromes in fibromyalgia. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2017;35 Suppl 105:106-111 pubmed..A better understanding of the psychosomatic manifestations of FM syndrome could allow clinicians to structure tailored interventions that take more account of the emotional distress associated with the physical complaints. ..
- Lingscheid T, Kurth F, Clerinx J, Marocco S, Treviño B, Schunk M, et al. Schistosomiasis in European Travelers and Migrants: Analysis of 14 Years TropNet Surveillance Data. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;97:567-574 pubmed publisher..Posttravel consultations particularly for returning expatriates are useful given the high potential for detecting asymptomatic infections...
- Raffaldi I, Garazzino S, Castelli Gattinara G, Lipreri R, Lancella L, Esposito S, et al. Brain abscesses in children: an Italian multicentre study. Epidemiol Infect. 2017;145:2848-2855 pubmed publisher..This study focus the attention on the need to have standardized national guidelines or adequate recommendations on type and duration of antibiotic treatment...
- De Stefani A, Boffano P, Averono G, Ramella A, Pia F, Bongioannini G. Prevalence and characteristics of HPV infection in oropharyngeal cancer. J Craniofac Surg. 2013;24:e40-3 pubmed publisher..05), and between HPV-positive patients and a higher number of negative prognostic factors (P < 0.05). A subset of oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomas with a higher tumor grading is strongly linked to HPV16 infection. ..
- Benedetto C, Marozio L, Salton L, Maulà V, Chieppa G, Massobrio M. Factor V Leiden and factor II G20210A in preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2002;81:1095-100 pubmed
- Mongini F, Ciccone G, Rota E, Ferrero L, Ugolini A, Evangelista A, et al. Effectiveness of an educational and physical programme in reducing headache, neck and shoulder pain: a workplace controlled trial. Cephalalgia. 2008;28:541-52 pubmed publisher..10 (1.65, 5.81) for neck and shoulder pain, and 3.08 (1.06, 8.90) for days with analgesic drug consumption. The study suggests that an educational and physical programme reduces headache and neck and shoulder pain in a working community...
- Romano F, Barbui A, Aimetti M. Periodontal pathogens in periodontal pockets and in carotid atheromatous plaques. Minerva Stomatol. 2007;56:169-79 pubmed..The presence of periodontal bacteria in atheromatous plaques was not confirmed by this investigation and, thus, no correlation between periodontitis bacteria and micro-organisms involved in the atherosclerotic lesions could be drawn. ..
- Saggiorato E, Arecco F, Mussa A, Sacerdote C, Rossetto R, Origlia C, et al. Goiter prevalence and urinary iodine status in urban and rural/mountain areas of Piedmont region. J Endocrinol Invest. 2006;29:67-73 pubmed..Despite a sufficient median urinary iodine excretion, a program of iodine prophylaxis is strongly recommended due to a large part of iodine-deficient population...
- Abbate Daga G, Delsedime N, Nicotra B, Giovannone C, Marzola E, Amianto F, et al. Psychosomatic syndromes and anorexia nervosa. BMC Psychiatry. 2013;13:14 pubmed publisher..Psychosomatic syndromes correlated differently with both severity of eating symptomatology and duration of illness: therefore, DCPR could be effective to achieve tailored treatments. ..
- Grio R, Bello L, Smirne C, D Addato F, Latino M, Corvetto L, et al. Chlamydia trachomatis prevalence in North-West Italy. Minerva Ginecol. 2004;56:401-6 pubmed..trachomatis. ..
- Bugianesi E, Manzini P, D Antico S, Vanni E, Longo F, Leone N, et al. Relative contribution of iron burden, HFE mutations, and insulin resistance to fibrosis in nonalcoholic fatty liver. Hepatology. 2004;39:179-87 pubmed..Increased ferritin levels are markers of severe histologic damage, but not of iron overload. Iron burden and HFE mutations do not contribute significantly to hepatic fibrosis in the majority of patients with NAFLD. ..