Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Turin, Piedmont, Italy
Locale: Turin, Piedmont, Italy
Publications617 found, 100 shown here
- Pia L, Spinazzola L, Rabuffetti M, Ferrarin M, Garbarini F, Piedimonte A, et al. Temporal coupling due to illusory movements in bimanual actions: evidence from anosognosia for hemiplegia. Cortex. 2013;49:1694-703 pubmed publisher..Our data also support the view that coupling relies on central operations (i.e., activation of intention/programming system), rather than on online information from the periphery...
- Cerrano M, Crisà E, Pregno P, Aguzzi C, Riccomagno P, Boccadoro M, et al. Excellent therapeutic results achieved in chronic myeloid leukemia patients with front-line imatinib and early treatment modifications in suboptimal responders: a retrospective study on 91 unselected patients. Am J Hematol. 2013;88:838-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that our strategy could be as effective as front line second generation TKI, with most of patients still receiving imatinib, a drug of better known long-term side effects and lower cost. ..
- Pileri A, Agostinelli C, Sessa M, Quaglino P, Santucci M, Tomasini C, et al. Langerhans, plasmacytoid dendritic and myeloid-derived suppressor cell levels in mycosis fungoides vary according to the stage of the disease. Virchows Arch. 2017;470:575-582 pubmed publisher..02). Our data suggest that changes in the microenvironment might influence disease progression, especially from stages IA/B to IIB, opening new scenarios in MF therapy. ..
- Rooney J, Visser A, D Ovidio F, Vermeulen R, Beghi E, Chio A, et al. A case-control study of hormonal exposures as etiologic factors for ALS in women: Euro-MOTOR. Neurology. 2017;89:1283-1290 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that hormonal factors may be important etiologic factors in ALS; however, a full understanding requires further investigation. ..
- Galetto A, Contarini M, Sapino A, Cassoni P, Consalvo E, Forno S, et al. Ex vivo host response to gastrointestinal cancer cells presented by autologous dendritic cells. J Surg Res. 2001;100:32-8 pubmed..A DC-based antitumor immunological monitoring assay with autologous tumor biopsies may allow patients to be screened to determine those who are suitable candidates for immune-based immunotherapy. ..
- Cerutti E, Stratta C, Romagnoli R, Schellino M, Skurzak S, Rizzetto M, et al. Thromboelastogram monitoring in the perioperative period of hepatectomy for adult living liver donation. Liver Transpl. 2004;10:289-94 pubmed..TEG monitoring could be useful in the perioperative management of donors to guide antithrombotic treatment and increase the safety of the procedure. ..
- Grio R, Latino M, Leotta E, Smirne C, Lanza A, Spagnolo E, et al. Sexually transmitted diseases and pelvic inflammatory disease. Minerva Ginecol. 2004;56:141-7 pubmed..many of these infections have only a few or no symptoms at all. Greater attention to the anamnestic data collection would therefore be the key to focusing the clinical investigations on those who are at a major risk to contracting STDs. ..
- Guarino N, Casamassima M, Tadini B, Marras E, Lace R, Bianchi M. Natural history of vesicoureteral reflux associated with kidney anomalies. Urology. 2005;65:1208-11 pubmed..To evaluate the cystographic follow-up of patients with multicystic dysplastic kidney (MCDK), renal agenesis, and renal ectopia with associated primary vesicoureteral reflux (VUR)...
- Roato I, Gorassini E, Brunetti G, Grano M, Ciuffreda L, Mussa A, et al. IL-7 modulates osteoclastogenesis in patients affected by solid tumors. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1117:377-84 pubmed..These findings add further details to the disclosure of the mechanisms controlling bone metastases in solid tumors. ..
- Barone Adesi F, Ferrante D, Bertolotti M, Todesco A, Mirabelli D, Terracini B, et al. Long-term mortality from pleural and peritoneal cancer after exposure to asbestos: Possible role of asbestos clearance. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:912-6 pubmed publisher..The different trends for pleural and peritoneal cancer might be related to clearance of the asbestos from the workers' lungs. ..
- Pennazio M. Enteroscopy in the diagnosis and management of obscure gastrointestinal bleeding. Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2009;19:409-26 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the data on enteroscopy, with particular emphasis on the use of capsule endoscopy and balloon-assisted enteroscopy for the diagnosis and management of patients with obscure gastrointestinal bleeding. ..
- Benvenuti S, Lazzari L, Arnesano A, Li Chiavi G, Gentile A, Comoglio P. Ron kinase transphosphorylation sustains MET oncogene addiction. Cancer Res. 2011;71:1945-55 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish that oncogene addiction to MET involves Ron transactivation, pointing to Ron kinase as a target for combinatorial cancer therapy. ..
- Ferrero E, Ferri M, Viazzo A, Labate C, Pecchio A, Berardi G, et al. Free-floating thrombus in the internal carotid artery: diagnosis and treatment of 16 cases in a single center. Ann Vasc Surg. 2011;25:805-12 pubmed publisher..However, our retrospective results suggest that prompt intervention seems to be a safe alternative in FFT-ICA treatment. ..
- Garazzino S, Krzysztofiak A, Esposito S, Castagnola E, Plebani A, Galli L, et al. Use of linezolid in infants and children: a retrospective multicentre study of the Italian Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2011;66:2393-7 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, the potential for haematological toxicity of linezolid in children means that careful monitoring is required during treatment. ..
- Blonna D, Castoldi F, Delicio D, Bruzzone M, Dettoni F, Bonasia D, et al. Validity and reliability of the SPORTS score. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2012;20:356-60 pubmed publisher..55, P < 0.001). The floor effect was 9% and the ceiling effect 32%. This study suggests that the SPORTS score is a valid and reliable tool to assess and quantify return to sport. ..
- Di Monaco M, Schintu S, Dotta M, Barba S, Tappero R, Gindri P. Severity of unilateral spatial neglect is an independent predictor of functional outcome after acute inpatient rehabilitation in individuals with right hemispheric stroke. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011;92:1250-6 pubmed publisher..To investigate the relationship between severity of unilateral spatial neglect (USN) and functional recovery in activities of daily living after a right-hemisphere stroke...
- Gruden G, Barutta F, Pinach S, Lorenzati B, Cavallo Perin P, Giunti S, et al. Circulating anti-Hsp70 levels in nascent metabolic syndrome: the Casale Monferrato Study. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2013;18:353-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results show that serum anti-Hsp70 antibody levels are independently associated with nascent MetS. ..
- Soria F, Milla P, Fiorito C, Pisano F, Sogni F, Di Marco M, et al. Efficacy and safety of a new device for intravesical thermochemotherapy in non-grade 3 BCG recurrent NMIBC: a phase I-II study. World J Urol. 2016;34:189-95 pubmed publisher..Initial experience with MMC-HT with Unithermia(Â®) showed an interesting activity and safety profile in non-grade 3 NMIBC recurring after BCG, suggesting a role as second-line therapy in this selected subgroup of NMIBC. ..
- Caviglia G, Rosso C, Fagoonee S, CisarÃ² F, Andrealli A, Smedile A, et al. Endocrine manifestations of chronic HCV infection. Minerva Endocrinol. 2015;40:321-9 pubmed..The recent approval of direct-acting antiviral agents in IFN-free regimens for chronic hepatitis C treatment will dramatically reduce not only liver-related mortality but also morbidity due to EHMs. ..
- Armuzzi A, Gionchetti P, Daperno M, Danese S, Orlando A, Lia Scribano M, et al. Expert consensus paper on the use of Vedolizumab for the management of patients with moderate-to-severe Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Dig Liver Dis. 2016;48:360-70 pubmed publisher..Recommendations concerning the management of moderate-to-severe IBD based on experts' opinions and literature review are discussed in the present report. ..
- Molina Montes E, Sanchez M, Buckland G, Bueno de Mesquita H, Weiderpass E, Amiano P, et al. Mediterranean diet and risk of pancreatic cancer in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition cohort. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:811-820 pubmed publisher..A high adherence to the MD is not associated with pancreatic cancer risk in the EPIC study. ..
- Davì M, Cosaro E, Piacentini S, Reimondo G, Albiger N, Arnaldi G, et al. Prognostic factors in ectopic Cushing's syndrome due to neuroendocrine tumors: a multicenter study. Eur J Endocrinol. 2017;176:451-459 pubmed publisher..In refractory cases, adrenalectomy should be considered as it affects outcome positively at least in the first 2 years. ..
- Bo S, Ponzo V, Evangelista A, Ciccone G, Goitre I, Saba F, et al. Effects of 6 months of resveratrol versus placebo on pentraxin 3 in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a double-blind randomized controlled trial. Acta Diabetol. 2017;54:499-507 pubmed publisher..Resveratrol supplementation increased PTX3 and TAS levels in a dose-dependent manner in T2DM patients. At present, potential clinical implications of these results remain unclear. CLINICALTRIALS. NCT02244879. ..
- Musso G, Gambino R, Pacini G, Pagano G, Durazzo M, Cassader M. Transcription factor 7-like 2 polymorphism modulates glucose and lipid homeostasis, adipokine profile, and hepatocyte apoptosis in NASH. Hepatology. 2009;49:426-35 pubmed publisher..Targeting postprandial lipemia, at least in at-risk TCF7L2 genotypes, may improve liver disease and glucose dysmetabolism in these patients. ..
- Scuderi S, Giaccone M, D Errico E, Maorenzic M, Fontanellaa M, Castellano I, et al. Aggressive sebaceous carcinoma of the head. Chir Ital. 2009;61:401-4 pubmed..In this case, aggressive biological behaviour was observed in a carcinoma arising in an extraorbital area, although it has traditionally been considered a less aggressive neoplasm...
- Ceppi P, Papotti M, Scagliotti G. New strategies for targeting the therapy of NSCLC: the role of ERCC1 and TS. Adv Med Sci. 2010;55:22-5 pubmed publisher..Here is presented a brief overview of the literature regarding these two genes that are currently under prospective investigation as predictive markers of treatment efficacy in NSCLC. ..
- Giordano L, von Karsa L, Tomatis M, Majek O, de Wolf C, Lancucki L, et al. Mammographic screening programmes in Europe: organization, coverage and participation. J Med Screen. 2012;19 Suppl 1:72-82 pubmed..The more than three-fold difference in the examination coverage should be taken into account in the evaluation of service screening programmes. ..
- Musso G, Gambino R, Cassader M. Cholesterol metabolism and the pathogenesis of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. Prog Lipid Res. 2013;52:175-91 pubmed publisher..The therapeutic implications and opportunities for normalizing cellular cholesterol homeostasis in these patients are also discussed...
- Filosso P, Ruffini E, Sandri A, Lausi P, Giobbe R, Oliaro A. Efficacy and safety of human fibrinogen-thrombin patch (TachoSil®) in the treatment of postoperative air leakage in patients submitted to redo surgery for lung malignancies: a randomized trial. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2013;16:661-6 pubmed publisher..9 vs 9.5 days; P < 0.001). TachoSil® was superior to standard stapling and suturing aerostatic techniques in reducing postoperative air leaks in patients undergoing redo thoracic surgery. ..
- Barbasio C, Granieri A. Emotion regulation and mental representation of attachment in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: a study using the Adult Attachment Interview. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2013;201:304-10 pubmed publisher..The clinical implications of these findings are also discussed...
- Cediel N, Villamil L, Romero J, Renteria L, De Meneghi D. Setting priorities for surveillance, prevention, and control of zoonoses in Bogotá, Colombia. Rev Panam Salud Publica. 2013;33:316-24 pubmed..This is the first prioritization exercise focused on zoonoses surveillance, prevention, and control in Colombia. These results could be used to guide decision-making for resource allocation in public health. ..
- Payen V, Hsu M, RÃ¤decke K, Wyart E, Vazeille T, Bouzin C, et al. Monocarboxylate Transporter MCT1 Promotes Tumor Metastasis Independently of Its Activity as a Lactate Transporter. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5591-5601 pubmed publisher..Our findings raise the possibility that pharmacologic inhibitors of MCT1-mediated lactic acid transport may not effectively prevent metastatic dissemination of cancer cells. Cancer Res; 77(20); 5591-601. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Albini A, Soldi R, Giunciuglio D, Giraudo E, Benelli R, Primo L, et al. The angiogenesis induced by HIV-1 tat protein is mediated by the Flk-1/KDR receptor on vascular endothelial cells. Nat Med. 1996;2:1371-5 pubmed..13), and that Tat-induced angiogenesis is blocked by agents blocking the Flk-1/KDR receptor. Endothelial cell stimulation by Tat occurs in the absence of activation of FLT-1, another VEGF-A tyrosine kinase receptor. ..
- Guarino N, Tadini B, Camardi P, Silvestro L, Lace R, Bianchi M. The incidence of associated urological abnormalities in children with renal ectopia. J Urol. 2004;172:1757-9; discussion 1759 pubmed..The presence of VUR in the normally positioned kidney together with decreased function of the ectopic kidney might predispose these children if not recognized and treated to renal function impairment. ..
- Testori A, Caizzi L, Cutrupi S, Friard O, De Bortoli M, Cora D, et al. The role of Transposable Elements in shaping the combinatorial interaction of Transcription Factors. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:400 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a significant number of these TEs turned out to be conserved between human and mouse and located in the vicinity (and thus candidate to be regulators) of important estrogen-related genes. ..
- Bardari F, D Urso L, Muto G. Conservative treatment of iatrogenic urinary fistulas: the value of cyanoacrylic glue. Urology. 2001;58:1046-8 pubmed..At a mean follow-up of 21 months, all patients were free of urinary leakage and had no evidence of recurrent urinary fistulas. This approach may represent a safe and effective way to repair postoperative urinary fistulas. ..
- Stacchini A, Demurtas A, Godio L, Martini G, Antinoro V, Palestro G. Flow cytometry in the bone marrow staging of mature B-cell neoplasms. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. 2003;54:10-8 pubmed..The clinical relevance of minimal disease detected by FC alone needs further evaluation because staging of lymphomas currently is based only on morphologic data. ..
- Anfossi G, Russo I, Massucco P, Mattiello L, Trovati M. Platelet resistance to the antiaggregating effect of N-acetyl-L-cysteine in obese, insulin-resistant subjects. Thromb Res. 2003;110:39-46 pubmed
- Bucca C, Brussino L, Battisti A, Mutani R, Rolla G, Mangiardi L, et al. Diuretics in obstructive sleep apnea with diastolic heart failure. Chest. 2007;132:440-6 pubmed..Upper airway edema may contribute to the frequent occurrence of OSA in patients with heart disease. ..
- Astegiano M, Pellicano R, Sguazzini C, Berrutti M, Simondi D, Reggiani S, et al. 2008 Clinical approach to irritable bowel syndrome. Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol. 2008;54:251-7 pubmed..Soluble fiber represents the first option in subjects with IBS and constipation or mixed IBS. Dietary integrators composed of probiotics and serotonin precursors are a promising therapeutic option. ..
- Varetto L, Gargallo C. Intra-abdominal needle: medical malpractice?. Forensic Sci Int. 2009;191:e11-3 pubmed publisher..This report discusses issues relating to this case that were raised during the criminal proceedings relating to the medical negligence claim...
- Mariano F, Tedeschi L, Morselli M, Stella M, Triolo G. Normal citratemia and metabolic tolerance of citrate anticoagulation for hemodiafiltration in severe septic shock burn patients. Intensive Care Med. 2010;36:1735-43 pubmed publisher..Observed metabolic stability was most likely due to a marked loss of citrate in effluent volume and subsequent low total citrate load for the patient. ..
- Lanfranco F, Motta G, Baldi M, Gasco V, Grottoli S, Benso A, et al. Ghrelin and anterior pituitary function. Front Horm Res. 2010;38:206-11 pubmed publisher..Also, ghrelin plays a relevant role in the modulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal function, with a predominantly CNS-mediated inhibitory effect upon the gonadotropin pulsatility both in animals and in humans. ..
- Giorgi D, Giordano L, Ventura L, Frigerio A, Paci E, Zappa M. Mammography screening in Italy: 2008 survey. Epidemiol Prev. 2010;34:9-25 pubmed
- Migliore C, Martin V, Leoni V, Restivo A, Atzori L, Petrelli A, et al. MiR-1 downregulation cooperates with MACC1 in promoting MET overexpression in human colon cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:737-47 pubmed publisher..Concomitant downregulation of miR-1 and increase of MACC1 can thus contribute to MET overexpression and to the metastatic behavior of colon cancer cells. ..
- ..Hepatitis D continues to ravage populations of developing and poor countries where HBV remains unchecked; action is needed to enforce HBV vaccination as effective prophylaxis not only against HBV, but against HDV as well...
- Trombetta A, Togliatto G, Rosso A, Dentelli P, Olgasi C, Cotogni P, et al. Increase of palmitic acid concentration impairs endothelial progenitor cell and bone marrow-derived progenitor cell bioavailability: role of the STAT5/PPAR? transcriptional complex. Diabetes. 2013;62:1245-57 pubmed publisher..Finally, we also provide in vivo data that d-PA-mediated EPC dysfunction could be rescued by PPAR? blockade. These data provide first insights on how mechanistically d-PA drives EPC/BM-HC dysfunction in diabetes. ..
- Deboli R, Calvo A, Preti C. Vibration and impulsivity analysis of hand held olive beaters. Appl Ergon. 2016;55:258-267 pubmed publisher..Concerning the crest factor, the values ranged from 5 to more than 22. This work demonstrated that the hand held olive beaters produced high impulsive loads comparable to the industry hand held tools. ..
- Petrarulo M, Facchini P, Cerelli E, Marangella M, Linari F. Citrate in urine determined with a new citrate lyase method. Clin Chem. 1995;41:1518-21 pubmed..2%, imprecision (CV) of the assay for citrate at 0.96 mmol/L (urine) was 2.0%, and the lower limit of quantification was 0.08 mmol/L. Results correlated well with those by both ion-chromatographic and traditional citrate lyase methods. ..
- Sapino A, Cassoni P, Ferrero E, Bongiovanni M, Righi L, Fortunati N, et al. Estrogen receptor alpha is a novel marker expressed by follicular dendritic cells in lymph nodes and tumor-associated lymphoid infiltrates. Am J Pathol. 2003;163:1313-20 pubmed..Taken together, these results open new perspectives on the effects of sex steroids and their antagonists on the human response in cancer and inflammation...
- De Rose V, Arduino C, Cappello N, Piana R, Salmin P, Bardessono M, et al. Fcgamma receptor IIA genotype and susceptibility to P. aeruginosa infection in patients with cystic fibrosis. Eur J Hum Genet. 2005;13:96-101 pubmed..The observation that CF patients carrying the R allele of FcgammaRIIA are at higher risk of acquiring chronic P. aeruginosa infection suggests that the FcgammaRII loci genetic variation is contributing to this infection susceptibility. ..
- Peruzzi L, Lombardo F, Amore A, Merlini E, Restagno G, Silvestro L, et al. Low renin-angiotensin system activity gene polymorphism and dysplasia associated with posterior urethral valves. J Urol. 2005;174:713-7 pubmed
- Munizza C, Olivieri L, Di Loreto G, Dionisio P. A comparative, randomized, double-blind study of trazodone prolonged-release and sertraline in the treatment of major depressive disorder. Curr Med Res Opin. 2006;22:1703-13 pubmed..Tolerability profiles reflected the differing pharmacological properties of these antidepressants. Trazodone may be a therapeutic option in the treatment of patients with major depression showing prevalent sleep disturbances. ..
- Abbate Daga G, Gramaglia C, Amianto F, Marzola E, Fassino S. Attachment insecurity, personality, and body dissatisfaction in eating disorders. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2010;198:520-4 pubmed publisher..This study supports the hypothesis that attachment insecurity is directly correlated with BD, core element in predicting and perpetuating EDs, independently of personality. Implications for treatment are discussed. ..
- Macripò G, Caliendo V, Grassi M, Lista P, Ribero S, Giacone E, et al. Squamous cell carcinoma of the umbilicus: management of an unusual localization. Tumori. 2011;97:236-8 pubmed publisher..This therapeutic strategy can be considered a valid palliative option in the management of metastatic cutaneous nodules of this rare primary site...
- Palumbo A, Bladé J, Boccadoro M, Palladino C, Davies F, Dimopoulos M, et al. How to manage neutropenia in multiple myeloma. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2012;12:5-11 pubmed publisher..If ANC restores to > 1000 cells/mL, therapy can be resumed with no dose modifications. In case of persistence of severe neutropenia, treatment should be delayed until ANC reaches > 1000 cells/mL, and dose reductions are necessary. ..
- Mandili G, Khadjavi A, Gallo V, Minero V, Bessone L, Carta F, et al. Characterization of the protein ubiquitination response induced by Doxorubicin. FEBS J. 2012;279:2182-91 pubmed publisher..These data strongly reinforce the hypothesis that Doxorubicin may also exert its effect by damaging proteins. ..
- D Avolio A, Ciancio A, Siccardi M, Smedile A, Simiele M, Cusato J, et al. Negative predictive value of IL28B, SLC28A2, and CYP27B1 SNPs and low RBV plasma exposure for therapeutic response to PEG/IFN-RBV treatment. Ther Drug Monit. 2012;34:722-8 pubmed publisher..Regardless of the magnitude of RBV pharmacokinetic exposure, the negative predictive value of the polymorphisms here investigated is much stronger than the positive one. ..
- Pugliese M, Fortunati N, Germano A, Asioli S, Marano F, Palestini N, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibition affects sodium iodide symporter expression and induces 131I cytotoxicity in anaplastic thyroid cancer cells. Thyroid. 2013;23:838-46 pubmed publisher..This study supplies a new potential strategy for the treatment of ATC by modifying gene expression with the aim of inducing responsiveness towards radioiodine therapy. ..
- Cherubino M, Pellegatta I, Crosio A, Valdatta L, Geuna S, Gornati R, et al. Use of human fat grafting in the prevention of perineural adherence: Experimental study in athymic mouse. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176393 pubmed publisher..Considering the results of this study we can support the efficacy in animal experimental model of fat graft as an anti-adherence device in peripheral nerve surgery. ..
- Lorenzon L, Parini D, Rega D, Mellano A, Vigorita V, Biondi A, et al. Long-term outcomes in ypT0 rectal cancers: An international multi-centric investigation on behalf of Italian Society of Surgical Oncology Young Board (YSICO). Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1472-1480 pubmed publisher..Nodal positivity was the only variable independently correlated with a worse OS. Univariate analysis documented a benefit for the use of adjuvant chemotherapy treatment exclusively in ypT0N + rectal cancers. ..
- Leleu X, Gay F, Flament A, Allcott K, Delforge M. Incidence of neutropenia and use of granulocyte colony-stimulating factors in multiple myeloma: is current clinical practice adequate?. Ann Hematol. 2018;97:387-400 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to evaluate the need for G-CSF prophylaxis in multiple myeloma. Prophylaxis may be particularly useful in patients at high risk of prolonged severe neutropenia. ..
- Tamagno E, Bardini P, Obbili A, Vitali A, Borghi R, Zaccheo D, et al. Oxidative stress increases expression and activity of BACE in NT2 neurons. Neurobiol Dis. 2002;10:279-88 pubmed..Our results support the hypothesis that oxidative stress and A beta production are strictly interrelated events and suggest that inhibition of BACE may have a therapeutic effect synergic with antioxidant compounds. ..
- Ramella R, Gallo M, Spatola T, Lupia E, Alloatti G. A novel role of thrombopoietin as a physiological modulator of coronary flow. Regul Pept. 2011;167:5-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest a potential role of TPO as a physiological regulator of CF. By acting on specific receptors present on endothelial cells, TPO may induce PI3K/Akt-dependent eNOS phosphorylation and NO release. ..
- Mariano F, Morselli M, Bergamo D, Hollo Z, Scella S, Maio M, et al. Blood and ultrafiltrate dosage of citrate as a useful and routine tool during continuous venovenous haemodiafiltration in septic shock patients. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2011;26:3882-8 pubmed publisher..In septic shock patients with liver dysfunction citratemia is useful in guiding clinical application of RRT, where the citrate losses in the ultrafiltrate can be efficiently modulated by increasing the effluent volume. ..
- Bertinetto F, Calafell F, Roggero S, Chidichimo R, Garino E, Marcuccio C, et al. Search for genetic association between IgA nephropathy and candidate genes selected by function or by gene mapping at loci IGAN2 and IGAN3. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012;27:2328-37 pubmed publisher..Overall, a genetic predisposition to sporadic IgAN was found. We might hypothesize that C1GALT1 and TLR4 polymorphisms influence the risk to develop IgAN and proteinuria, respectively. ..
- De Stefani A, Boffano P, Averono G, Ramella A, Pia F, Bongioannini G. Prevalence and characteristics of HPV infection in oropharyngeal cancer. J Craniofac Surg. 2013;24:e40-3 pubmed publisher..05), and between HPV-positive patients and a higher number of negative prognostic factors (P < 0.05). A subset of oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomas with a higher tumor grading is strongly linked to HPV16 infection. ..
- Pasqualini D, Erniani F, Coscia D, Pomatto E, Mela F. Third molar extraction. Current trends. Minerva Stomatol. 2002;51:411-24, 424-9 pubmed..This article reviews the conclusions from the consensus conferences and integrates them with more recent data. The actual trend seems to justify a more conservative clinical approach rather than an aggressive extraction policy...
- Succo G, Crosetti E, Torta R, Siri I, Airoldi M, Di Lisi D, et al. Oropharyngeal carcinoma during pregnancy: clinical and psycho-oncological aspects. Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital. 2003;23:440-5 pubmed..A scrupulous psycho-oncological analysis was also carried out in order to throw further light on psychological repercussions of head and neck cancer in the pregnant woman. ..
- Brignardello E, Manti R, Papotti M, Allia E, Campra D, Isolato G, et al. Ectopic secretion of LH by an endocrine pancreatic tumor. J Endocrinol Invest. 2004;27:361-5 pubmed..Testosterone was slightly below normal, but the patient reported an increase of libido. This is an unusual case of ectopic secretion of LH from an endocrine tumor of the pancreas...
- Lynch P, Moyal Barracco M, Moyal Barrocco M, Bogliatto F, Micheletti L, Scurry J. 2006 ISSVD classification of vulvar dermatoses: pathologic subsets and their clinical correlates. J Reprod Med. 2007;52:3-9 pubmed..This classification was approved by the ISSVD members at the most recent international congress, held in New Zealand in February 2006. ..
- Sacerdote C, Guarrera S, Smith G, Grioni S, Krogh V, Masala G, et al. Lactase persistence and bitter taste response: instrumental variables and mendelian randomization in epidemiologic studies of dietary factors and cancer risk. Am J Epidemiol. 2007;166:576-81 pubmed..These results suggest that the LCT and TAS2R38 variants are good candidates for Mendelian randomization studies of cancer and other health outcomes. ..
- Merighi A, Salio C, Ghirri A, Lossi L, Ferrini F, Betelli C, et al. BDNF as a pain modulator. Prog Neurobiol. 2008;85:297-317 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have unraveled some of the neuronal circuitries and mechanisms involved, highlighting the key role of synaptic glomeruli in lamina II as the main sites for such a modulation. ..
- Morello N, Bianchi F, Marmiroli P, Tonoli E, Rodriguez Menendez V, Silengo L, et al. A role for hemopexin in oligodendrocyte differentiation and myelin formation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20173 pubmed publisher..Thus, Hx may be considered a novel OL differentiation factor and the modulation of its expression in CNS may be an important factor in the pathogenesis of human neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Bianciotto M, Chiappini E, Raffaldi I, Gabiano C, Tovo P, Sollai S, et al. Drug use and upper gastrointestinal complications in children: a case-control study. Arch Dis Child. 2013;98:218-21 pubmed publisher..6) compared to ibuprofen (adjusted OR 3.7, 95% CI 2.3 to 5.9), although with partially overlapping CIs. NSAIDs, oral steroids and antibiotics, even when administered for a short period, were associated with an increased risk of UGIC. ..
- Bounous V, Ferrero A, Fuso L, Ravarino N, Ceccaroni M, Menato G, et al. Endometriosis-associated Ovarian Cancer: A Distinct Clinical Entity?. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3445-9 pubmed..7; 95% confidence interval=1.8-18.6; p=0.003). EAOC incidence was 22.2%. EAOC appears to be diagnosed at an earlier stage and confers a better OS. However, stratifying by stage, the advantage in survival of EAOC disappears. ..
- Moser W, Coulibaly J, Ali S, Ame S, Amour A, Yapi R, et al. Efficacy and safety of tribendimidine, tribendimidine plus ivermectin, tribendimidine plus oxantel pamoate, and albendazole plus oxantel pamoate against hookworm and concomitant soil-transmitted helminth infections in Tanzania and Côte d'Ivoire: a ra. Lancet Infect Dis. 2017;17:1162-1171 pubmed publisher..Swiss National Science Foundation. ..
- Matarazzo P, Lala R, Masi G, Andreo M, Altare F, de Sanctis C. Pamidronate treatment in bone fibrous dysplasia in children and adolescents with McCune-Albright syndrome. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2002;15 Suppl 3:929-37 pubmed..Three patterns of MRI were found: homogeneous hypointense fibrous tissue, 'dotted' hypointense fibrous tissue, and hyperintense cystic images. Pamidronate treatment can be considered a favorable therapeutic option for patients with MAS...