Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Turin, Piedmont, Italy
Locale: Turin, Piedmont, Italy
Publications300 found, 100 shown here
- Gandolfo S, Castellani R, Pentenero M. Proliferative verrucous leukoplakia: a potentially malignant disorder involving periodontal sites. J Periodontol. 2009;80:274-81 pubmed
- Griffa A, Viterbo S, Boffano P. Endoscopic-assisted removal of an intraorbital dislocated dental implant. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2010;21:778-80 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrated that the endoscopic approach is highly reliable and minimally invasive to remove foreign bodies from paranasal sinuses. ..
- Senetta R, Verdun di Cantogno L, Chiusa L, Castellano I, Gugliotta P, Sapino A, et al. A "weighted" fluorescence in situ hybridization strengthens the favorable prognostic value of 1p/19q codeletion in pure and mixed oligodendroglial tumors. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2013;72:432-41 pubmed publisher..7 ratio cutoff) and 19q (using 0.8 ratio cutoff) arms, we created a molecular report that bears higher clinical impact and strengthens the prognostic potential of 1p/19q allelic loss. ..
- Machiela M, Lan Q, Slager S, Vermeulen R, Teras L, Camp N, et al. Genetically predicted longer telomere length is associated with increased risk of B-cell lymphoma subtypes. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1663-76 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that a genetic background that favors longer telomere length may increase NHL risk, particularly risk of CLL/SLL, and are consistent with earlier studies relating longer telomere length with increased NHL risk. ..
- Mariani S, Bertero L, Osella Abate S, Di Bello C, Francia di Celle P, Coppola V, et al. Extreme assay sensitivity in molecular diagnostics further unveils intratumour heterogeneity in metastatic colorectal cancer as well as artifactual low-frequency mutations in the KRAS gene. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:358-366 pubmed publisher..UDG pre-treatment of DNA is mandatory to identify true DNA changes in archival samples and avoid misinterpretation due to artifacts. ..
- Pomatto E, Castellano S, Bianchi S. Unilateral fibroadipose degeneration of the masticatory muscles. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2001;30:346-8 pubmed..Myotomy of masseter and internal pterygoid muscles and coronoidotomy improved his symptoms. There is no known cause of fibroadipose replacement of muscle fibres...
- Allais G, De Lorenzo C, Quirico P, Airola G, Tolardo G, Mana O, et al. Acupuncture in the prophylactic treatment of migraine without aura: a comparison with flunarizine. Headache. 2002;42:855-61 pubmed..Acupuncture proved to be adequate for migraine prophylaxis. Relative to flunarizine, acupuncture treatment exhibited greater effectiveness in the first months of therapy and superior tolerability. ..
- Pandolfo A, Verrastro G, Piccolino F. Retinal hemorrhages following indirect ocular trauma in a patient with angioid streaks. Retina. 2002;22:830-1 pubmed
- Revelli A, Dolfin E, Gennarelli G, Lantieri T, Massobrio M, Holte J, et al. Low-dose acetylsalicylic acid plus prednisolone as an adjuvant treatment in IVF: a prospective, randomized study. Fertil Steril. 2008;90:1685-91 pubmed..7% vs. 6.5%). Adjuvant treatment with ASA+Pred improves ovarian responsiveness but does not significantly improve uterine blood fluxes, PR, and IR. It may be effective in preventing the onset of severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. ..
- Biglia N, Moggio G, Peano E, Sgandurra P, Ponzone R, Nappi R, et al. Effects of surgical and adjuvant therapies for breast cancer on sexuality, cognitive functions, and body weight. J Sex Med. 2010;7:1891-900 pubmed publisher..Young women undergoing adjuvant breast cancer therapy experience a heavy impairment in important quality of life domains as sexuality and targeted support interventions are needed. ..
- Ferrandi C, Richard F, Tavano P, Hauben E, Barbié V, Gotteland J, et al. Characterization of immune cell subsets during the active phase of multiple sclerosis reveals disease and c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathway biomarkers. Mult Scler. 2011;17:43-56 pubmed publisher..The reported results might be useful to stratify patients, thereby supporting the development of novel therapies. ..
- Tullio V, Banche G, Allizond V, Roana J, Mandras N, Scalas D, et al. Non-dermatophyte moulds as skin and nail foot mycosis agents: Phoma herbarum, Chaetomium globosum and Microascus cinereus. Fungal Biol. 2010;114:345-9 pubmed publisher..Phoma herbarum, Chaetomium globosum, and Microascus cinereus were isolated and identified. ..
- Bucca C, Bugiani M, Culla B, Guida G, Heffler E, Mietta S, et al. Chronic cough and irritable larynx. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;127:412-9 pubmed publisher..We previously found that most patients with rhinosinusitis, postnasal drip, and pharyngolaryngitis show laryngeal hyperresponsiveness (LHR; ie, vocal cord adduction on histamine challenge) that is consistent with an irritable larynx...
- Giustetto C, Schimpf R, Mazzanti A, Scrocco C, Maury P, Anttonen O, et al. Long-term follow-up of patients with short QT syndrome. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;58:587-95 pubmed publisher..Symptomatic patients have a high risk of recurrent arrhythmic events. HQ is effective in preventing ventricular tachyarrhythmia induction and arrhythmic events during long-term follow-up. ..
- Tos P, Battiston B, Ciclamini D, Geuna S, Artiaco S. Primary repair of crush nerve injuries by means of biological tubulization with muscle-vein-combined grafts. Microsurgery. 2012;32:358-63 pubmed publisher..This technique preserves donor nerve and, in case of failure, does not preclude a delayed repair with a nerve graft. ..
- Gasco V, Beccuti G, Baldini C, Prencipe N, di Giacomo S, Berton A, et al. Acylated ghrelin as a provocative test for the diagnosis of GH deficiency in adults. Eur J Endocrinol. 2013;168:23-30 pubmed publisher..Obesity strongly reduces GH response to ghrelin, GH weight-related cut-off limit and diagnostic reliability of the test. ..
- Bo S, Ciccone G, Castiglione A, Gambino R, De Michieli F, Villois P, et al. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of resveratrol in healthy smokers a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over trial. Curr Med Chem. 2013;20:1323-31 pubmed..Because resveratrol has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and hypotriglyceridemic effects, its supplementation may beneficially affect the increased cardiovascular risk of healthy smokers. ..
- Varetto G, Castagno C, Trevisan A, Quaglino S, Garneri P, Mossetti C, et al. Mediastinoscopy-assisted Treatment of an Aberrant Right Subclavian Artery. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;31:210.e9-210.e11 pubmed publisher..We describe the case of a young patient with symptomatic ARSA treated by mediastinoscopy-assisted ligation at its origin and subclavian-carotid transposition. ..
- Lorenzon L, Parini D, Rega D, Mellano A, Vigorita V, Biondi A, et al. Long-term outcomes in ypT0 rectal cancers: An international multi-centric investigation on behalf of Italian Society of Surgical Oncology Young Board (YSICO). Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1472-1480 pubmed publisher..Nodal positivity was the only variable independently correlated with a worse OS. Univariate analysis documented a benefit for the use of adjuvant chemotherapy treatment exclusively in ypT0N + rectal cancers. ..
- Baussano I, Lazzarato F, Ronco G, Lehtinen M, Dillner J, Franceschi S. Different Challenges in Eliminating HPV16 Compared to Other Types: A Modeling Study. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:336-344 pubmed publisher..HPV16 infection and related cancers are the most difficult to eliminate. ..
- Erovigni F, Graziano A, Ceruti P, Gassino G, de Lillo A, Carossa S. Cephalometric evaluation of the upper airway in patients with complete dentures. Minerva Stomatol. 2005;54:293-301 pubmed..From the data obtained from the cephalometric analysis it seems that wearing denture induces modifications in the position of the tongue, of the jaw and of the pharyngeal airway space that can favour the reduction of apnea episodes. ..
- Pich A, Fraire F, Fornari A, Bonino L, Godio L, Bortolin P, et al. Intrasinusoidal bone marrow infiltration and splenic marginal zone lymphoma: a quantitative study. Eur J Haematol. 2006;76:392-8 pubmed..28). No difference in ISI quantity was found among the lymphoma subtypes, either in PSL (P = 0.74) or non-PSL (P = 0.3). The data demonstrate that ISI quantity in BM biopsies is not a reliable diagnostic parameter for SMZL. ..
- Mongini F, Evangelista A, Rota E, Ferrero L, Ugolini A, Milani C, et al. Further evidence of the positive effects of an educational and physical program on headache, neck and shoulder pain in a working community. J Headache Pain. 2010;11:409-15 pubmed publisher..3% for headache, 42% for neck and shoulder pain and 58.3% for drug consumption. In conclusion, this study adds further evidence on the efficacy of our program and its high acceptability in a large, unselected, working population. ..
- Tosco P, Garzino Demo P, Ramieri G, Tanteri G, Pecorari G, Caldarelli C, et al. The platysma myocutaneous flap (PMF) for head and neck reconstruction: a retrospective and multicentric analysis of 91 T1-T2 patients. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2012;40:e415-8 pubmed publisher..The authors report their departments' separate but simultaneous experiences with PMF for small and middle-size soft tissue defects in a 10-year period. ..
- Mistrangelo M, Pelosi E, Bellò M, Ricardi U, Milanesi E, Cassoni P, et al. Role of positron emission tomography-computed tomography in the management of anal cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;84:66-72 pubmed publisher..Median follow-up was 20.3 months. In this series, PET-CT detected the primary tumor more often than CT. Staging of perirectal/pelvic or inguinal lymph nodes was better with PET-CT. SNB was more accurate in staging inguinal lymph nodes. ..
- Bo S, Ponzo V, Evangelista A, Ciccone G, Goitre I, Saba F, et al. Effects of 6 months of resveratrol versus placebo on pentraxin 3 in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a double-blind randomized controlled trial. Acta Diabetol. 2017;54:499-507 pubmed publisher..Resveratrol supplementation increased PTX3 and TAS levels in a dose-dependent manner in T2DM patients. At present, potential clinical implications of these results remain unclear. CLINICALTRIALS. NCT02244879. ..
- De Rose V, Arduino C, Cappello N, Piana R, Salmin P, Bardessono M, et al. Fcgamma receptor IIA genotype and susceptibility to P. aeruginosa infection in patients with cystic fibrosis. Eur J Hum Genet. 2005;13:96-101 pubmed..The observation that CF patients carrying the R allele of FcgammaRIIA are at higher risk of acquiring chronic P. aeruginosa infection suggests that the FcgammaRII loci genetic variation is contributing to this infection susceptibility. ..
- Gruden G, Bruno G, Chaturvedi N, Burt D, Schalkwijk C, Pinach S, et al. Serum heat shock protein 27 and diabetes complications in the EURODIAB prospective complications study: a novel circulating marker for diabetic neuropathy. Diabetes. 2008;57:1966-70 pubmed publisher..41 [95% CI 1.11-5.24]). In this large cohort of type 1 diabetic subjects, we found an independent association between sHSP27 and DSP. This suggests that sHSP27 levels may be a novel marker for diabetic neuropathy. ..
- Ronco G, Giorgi Rossi P, Carozzi F, Confortini M, Dalla Palma P, Del Mistro A, et al. Efficacy of human papillomavirus testing for the detection of invasive cervical cancers and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet Oncol. 2010;11:249-57 pubmed publisher..European Union, Italian Ministry of Health, Regional Health Administrations of Piemonte, Tuscany, Veneto and Emilia-Romagna, and Public Health Agency of Lazio. ..
- Gentile D, Covarelli P, Picciotto F, Caliendo V, Stingeni L, Del Sordo R, et al. Axillary Lymph Node Metastases of Melanoma: Management of Third-level Nodes. In Vivo. 2016;30:141-5 pubmed..A prerequisite allowing sparing of level III nodes after a positive SN biopsy is the meticulous research of all level I and II lymph nodes. ..
- Moirano G, Zugna D, Grasso C, Mirabelli D, Lista P, Ciuffreda L, et al. Postnatal risk factors for testicular cancer: The EPSAM case-control study. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1803-1810 pubmed publisher..40, 95% CI: 1.08-5.29) and ever employment in adolescence (OR: 2.59, 95% CI: 0.83-8.10). Our results suggest that postnatal exposures could play a role in testicular cancer aetiology, at least when acting in puberty or adolescence. ..
- Farina D, Madeleine P, Graven Nielsen T, Merletti R, Arendt Nielsen L. Standardising surface electromyogram recordings for assessment of activity and fatigue in the human upper trapezius muscle. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2002;86:469-78 pubmed..Data on the myoelectric manifestations of muscle fatigue of the upper trapezius muscle are provided for the optimal electrode location. ..
- Albera R, Ciuffolotti R, Di Cicco M, De Benedittis G, Grazioli I, Melzi G, et al. Double-blind, randomized, multicenter study comparing the effect of betahistine and flunarizine on the dizziness handicap in patients with recurrent vestibular vertigo. Acta Otolaryngol. 2003;123:588-93 pubmed..It was also established that the DHI is a useful and reliable method for evaluating the efficacy of antivertigo drugs. ..
- Bugianesi E, Manzini P, D Antico S, Vanni E, Longo F, Leone N, et al. Relative contribution of iron burden, HFE mutations, and insulin resistance to fibrosis in nonalcoholic fatty liver. Hepatology. 2004;39:179-87 pubmed..Increased ferritin levels are markers of severe histologic damage, but not of iron overload. Iron burden and HFE mutations do not contribute significantly to hepatic fibrosis in the majority of patients with NAFLD. ..
- Cattel L, Airoldi M, Delprino L, Passera R, Milla P, Pedani F. Pharmacokinetic evaluation of gemcitabine and 2',2'-difluorodeoxycytidine-5'-triphosphate after prolonged infusion in patients affected by different solid tumors. Ann Oncol. 2006;17 Suppl 5:v142-7 pubmed..However, there was no substantial difference in toxicity or antitumoral activity in the all different patient groups. ..
- Torta R, Berra C, Binaschi L, Borio R. Amisulpride in the short-term treatment of depressive and physical symptoms in cancer patients during chemotherapies. Support Care Cancer. 2007;15:539-46 pubmed..Amisulpride demonstrated high efficacy and safety. Controlled studies are needed to confirm these preliminary data. ..
- St Pierre D, Benso A, Gramaglia E, Prodam F, Lucatello B, Ramella Gigliardi V, et al. The metabolic response to the activation of the beta-adrenergic receptor by salbutamol is amplified by acylated ghrelin. J Endocrinol Invest. 2010;33:363-7 pubmed..In humans, the lypolitic response to a beta2-adrenergic agonist such as SALB is amplified by AG. Meanwhile, during the co-treatment, the marginal insulinotropic effect was not associated with an increase in glycemia. ..
- Salvi V, D Ambrosio V, Rosso G, Bogetto F, Maina G. Age-specific prevalence of metabolic syndrome in Italian patients with bipolar disorder. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2011;65:47-54 pubmed publisher..The strong association with lack of physical exercise suggests that the implementation of healthy behaviors might be relevant in order to prevent MetS and future adverse cardiovascular outcomes. ..
- Lo Iacono M, Monica V, Saviozzi S, Ceppi P, Bracco E, Papotti M, et al. p63 and p73 isoform expression in non-small cell lung cancer and corresponding morphological normal lung tissue. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:473-81 pubmed publisher..524 and TAp63: p = 0.001, hazard ratio = 8.091, 95% confidence interval = 2.254-29.05). Our findings suggest that p63 and p73 altered ?N:TA expression ratio occurs in NSCLC likely contributing to the molecular pathogenesis of this tumor. ..
- Davì M, Cosaro E, Piacentini S, Reimondo G, Albiger N, Arnaldi G, et al. Prognostic factors in ectopic Cushing's syndrome due to neuroendocrine tumors: a multicenter study. Eur J Endocrinol. 2017;176:451-459 pubmed publisher..In refractory cases, adrenalectomy should be considered as it affects outcome positively at least in the first 2 years. ..
- Marchino G, Gigante V, Gennarelli G, Mazza O, Mencaglia L. Salpingoscopic and laparoscopic investigations in relation to fertility outcome. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2001;8:218-21 pubmed..Given its low complication rate and brief duration, salpingoscopy should have a primary role in management of infertility. ..
- Matarazzo P, Genitori L, Lala R, Andreo M, Grossetti R, de Sanctis C. Endocrine function and water metabolism in children and adolescents with surgically treated intra/parasellar tumors. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2004;17:1487-95 pubmed..We show that close monitoring and treatment of hydroelectrolytic disorders in patients submitted to neurosurgery for intra/ parasellar tumors may significantly reduce their morbidity and mortality rate. ..
- Pasini B, McWhinney S, Bei T, Matyakhina L, Stergiopoulos S, Muchow M, et al. Clinical and molecular genetics of patients with the Carney-Stratakis syndrome and germline mutations of the genes coding for the succinate dehydrogenase subunits SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD. Eur J Hum Genet. 2008;16:79-88 pubmed..We conclude that succinate dehydrogenase deficiency may be the cause of a subgroup of GISTs and this offers a therapeutic target for GISTs that may not respond to STI571 and its analogs. ..
- Ronco G, Giorgi Rossi P, Carozzi F, Confortini M, Dalla Palma P, Del Mistro A, et al. Results at recruitment from a randomized controlled trial comparing human papillomavirus testing alone with conventional cytology as the primary cervical cancer screening test. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008;100:492-501 pubmed publisher..Thus, triage test or repeat testing is needed if HPV is to be used for primary testing in this context. ..
- Mariano F, Tedeschi L, Morselli M, Stella M, Triolo G. Normal citratemia and metabolic tolerance of citrate anticoagulation for hemodiafiltration in severe septic shock burn patients. Intensive Care Med. 2010;36:1735-43 pubmed publisher..Observed metabolic stability was most likely due to a marked loss of citrate in effluent volume and subsequent low total citrate load for the patient. ..
- Senetta R, Miracco C, Lanzafame S, Chiusa L, Caltabiano R, Galia A, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor and caveolin-1 coexpression identifies adult supratentorial ependymomas with rapid unfavorable outcomes. Neuro Oncol. 2011;13:176-83 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to support this evidence on a larger scale and to clarify how cav-1 and EGFR interaction can influence tumor aggressiveness...
- D Avolio A, Ciancio A, Siccardi M, Smedile A, Simiele M, Cusato J, et al. Negative predictive value of IL28B, SLC28A2, and CYP27B1 SNPs and low RBV plasma exposure for therapeutic response to PEG/IFN-RBV treatment. Ther Drug Monit. 2012;34:722-8 pubmed publisher..Regardless of the magnitude of RBV pharmacokinetic exposure, the negative predictive value of the polymorphisms here investigated is much stronger than the positive one. ..
- De Sanctis U, Alovisi C, Actis A, Vinai L, Penna R, Fea A, et al. Blepharoptosis. Minerva Chir. 2013;68:37-47 pubmed..Ptosis can usually be corrected surgically. The article discusses guidelines for the choice of intervention. Various different surgical techniques are also presented, together with results and complications. ..
- Revelli A, Razzano A, Delle Piane L, Casano S, Benedetto C. Awareness of the effects of postponing motherhood among hospital gynecologists: is their knowledge sufficient to offer appropriate help to patients?. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2016;33:215-20 pubmed publisher..Properly targeted corrections to academic and periodical educational programs for Ob/Gyn specialists are warranted. ..
- Nikolic A, Ricci G, Sera F, Bucci E, Govi M, Mele F, et al. Clinical expression of facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy in carriers of 1-3 D4Z4 reduced alleles: experience of the FSHD Italian National Registry. BMJ Open. 2016;6:e007798 pubmed publisher..The size of the D4Z4 allele is not always predictive of severe clinical outcome. The high degree of clinical variability suggests that additional factors contribute to the phenotype complexity. ..
- Loraschi A, Bellantonio P, Bortolon F, Capra R, Cavalla P, Costantino G, et al. Use of herbal remedies by multiple sclerosis patients: a nation-wide survey in Italy. Neurol Sci. 2016;37:613-22 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, HR and other CAM appear to be popular among MS patients. The involvement of the healthcare professionals appears to be scarce with potential risk of AR or interference with conventional treatments. ..
- Pace A, Dirven L, Koekkoek J, Golla H, Fleming J, Ruda R, et al. European Association for Neuro-Oncology (EANO) guidelines for palliative care in adults with glioma. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:e330-e340 pubmed publisher..Areas of palliative care that currently lack evidence and thus deserve attention for further research are fatigue, disorders of behaviour and mood, interventions for the needs of caregivers, and timing of advance care planning. ..
- Bisi G, Podio V, Valetto M, Broglio F, Bertuccio G, Aimaretti G, et al. Cardiac effects of hexarelin in hypopituitary adults. Eur J Pharmacol. 1999;381:31-8 pubmed..In conclusion, the acute administration of hexarelin exerts a short-lasting positive inotropic effect in humans, probably GH-independent and mediated by specific myocardial receptors for GH secretagogues. ..
- Grio R, Latino M, Leotta E, Smirne C, Lanza A, Spagnolo E, et al. Sexually transmitted diseases and pelvic inflammatory disease. Minerva Ginecol. 2004;56:141-7 pubmed..many of these infections have only a few or no symptoms at all. Greater attention to the anamnestic data collection would therefore be the key to focusing the clinical investigations on those who are at a major risk to contracting STDs. ..
- Mongini F, Ciccone G, Rota E, Ferrero L, Ugolini A, Evangelista A, et al. Effectiveness of an educational and physical programme in reducing headache, neck and shoulder pain: a workplace controlled trial. Cephalalgia. 2008;28:541-52 pubmed publisher..10 (1.65, 5.81) for neck and shoulder pain, and 3.08 (1.06, 8.90) for days with analgesic drug consumption. The study suggests that an educational and physical programme reduces headache and neck and shoulder pain in a working community...
- Airoldi M, Gabriele A, Garzaro M, Raimondo L, Condello C, Beatrice F, et al. Induction chemotherapy with cisplatin and epirubicin followed by radiotherapy and concurrent cisplatin in locally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma observed in a non-endemic population. Radiother Oncol. 2009;92:105-10 pubmed publisher..This regimen ensures an excellent locoregional disease control and overall survival with a low incidence of distant metastases. ..
- Castellano A, Donativi M, RudÃ R, De Nunzio G, Riva M, Iadanza A, et al. Evaluation of low-grade glioma structural changes after chemotherapy using DTI-based histogram analysis and functional diffusion maps. Eur Radiol. 2016;26:1263-73 pubmed publisher..Changes in DTI histograms and fDMs precede changes in conventional MRI. â€¢ Early changes in DTI histograms and fDMs correlate with seizure response. ..
- Sansoè G, Ferrari A, Castellana C, Bonardi L, Villa E, Manenti F. Cimetidine administration and tubular creatinine secretion in patients with compensated cirrhosis. Clin Sci (Lond). 2002;102:91-8 pubmed..The true GFR (measured as inulin clearance) is unaffected by cimetidine administration. ..
- Favini R, Aldieri E, Revelli A, Bosia A, Massobrio M, Ghigo D. Nitric oxide synthesis in human nonpregnant myometrium and uterine myomas. Fertil Steril. 2003;79 Suppl 1:749-53 pubmed..The maximal activity of NO synthase does not differ in myoma cells and in normal myometrial cells, but basal NO synthesis seems to be enhanced by an unknown signaling pathway that is not controlled by 17beta-estradiol or progesterone. ..
- Benedetti F, Amanzio M, Vighetti S, Asteggiano G. The biochemical and neuroendocrine bases of the hyperalgesic nocebo effect. J Neurosci. 2006;26:12014-22 pubmed
- Torta R, Siri I, Caldera P. Sertraline effectiveness and safety in depressed oncological patients. Support Care Cancer. 2008;16:83-91 pubmed..No severe adverse effects were observed. In this preliminary study, sertraline was found to be effective and well tolerated in the treatment of depressed outpatients with cancer. ..
- Schierano G, Pejrone G, Brusco P, Trombetta A, Martinasso G, Preti G, et al. TNF-alpha TGF-beta2 and IL-1beta levels in gingival and peri-implant crevicular fluid before and after de novo plaque accumulation. J Clin Periodontol. 2008;35:532-8 pubmed publisher..In the presence of de novo plaque, implants showed lower, and nearly significant, levels of IL-1beta compared with teeth. ..
- Grignani G, Palmerini E, Stacchiotti S, Boglione A, Ferraresi V, Frustaci S, et al. A phase 2 trial of imatinib mesylate in patients with recurrent nonresectable chondrosarcomas expressing platelet-derived growth factor receptor-? or -?: An Italian Sarcoma Group study. Cancer. 2011;117:826-31 pubmed publisher..Advanced CS remains an incurable disease, and effective targeted therapies are still awaited. ..
- Parodi E, Alluto A, Moggio G, Liberale V, Frigerio M, Sismondi P. Transient ventricular hypocinesia after in utero anthracyclines exposure: a case-report and review of the literature. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012;25:189-92 pubmed publisher..Existing data support use of anthracyclines, as few cases of fetal cardiac toxicity were reported and most of short-term complications were transient. Need for prospective collection of data and longer follow-up is highly recognized. ..
- Roccatello D, Rossi D, Marletto F, Naretto C, Sciascia S, Baldovino S, et al. Long-term effects of methylprednisolone pulses and mycophenolate mofetil in IgA nephropathy patients at risk of progression. J Nephrol. 2012;25:198-203 pubmed publisher..Therapy with steroids and MMF may be considered in a subset of IgAN patients with florid glomerular changes, functional impairment and major urinary abnormalities, to prevent subsequent progression toward renal failure. ..
- Mistrangelo D, Bello M, Cassoni P, Milanesi E, Racca P, Munoz F, et al. Value of staging squamous cell carcinoma of the anal margin and canal using the sentinel lymph node procedure: an update of the series and a review of the literature. Br J Cancer. 2013;108:527-32 pubmed publisher..It is indicated for all T stages in order to select patients to be submitted to inguinal radiotherapy, avoiding related morbidity in negative ones. An overall 3.7% rate of false negative must be considered acceptable. ..
- Aprato A, Joeris A, Tosto F, Kalampoki V, Stucchi A, MassÃ¨ A. Direct and indirect costs of surgically treated pelvic fractures. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2016;136:325-30 pubmed publisher..001) and hospitalization in the surgical unit (p = 0.008). Pelvic fractures are associated with both high direct costs and substantial productivity loss. ..
- Franco P, Arcadipane F, Ragona R, Mistrangelo M, Cassoni P, Rondi N, et al. Locally Advanced (T3-T4 or N+) Anal Cancer Treated with Simultaneous Integrated Boost Radiotherapy and Concurrent Chemotherapy. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2027-32 pubmed..Our clinical results support the use of SIB-IMRT in the combined modality treatment of locally advanced anal cancer patients. ..
- Sategna Guidetti C, Scaglione N, Martini S. Red cell distribution width as a marker of coeliac disease: a prospective study. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2002;14:177-81 pubmed..In patients in whom there is a strong clinical suspicion of coeliac disease, an elevated RDW despite normal haemoglobin concentration may be a reliable predictor of the disease. ..
- Roetto A, Totaro A, Piperno A, Piga A, Longo F, Garozzo G, et al. New mutations inactivating transferrin receptor 2 in hemochromatosis type 3. Blood. 2001;97:2555-60 pubmed..The identification of new mutations of TFR2 confirms that this gene is associated with iron overload and offers a tool for molecular diagnosis in patients without HFE mutations. ..
- Fassino S, Daga G, Mondelli V, Piero A, Broglio F, Picu A, et al. Hormonal and metabolic responses to acute ghrelin administration in patients with bulimia nervosa. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2005;30:534-40 pubmed..In conclusion, BN, a condition of ghrelin hypersecretion, is connoted by a normal endocrine and metabolic response to exogenous ghrelin administration. ..
- Bruschi S, Marchesi S, Boriani F, Kefalas N, Bocchiotti M, Fraccalvieri M. Galea-including forehead flap for lower one-third nasal reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg. 2009;63:67-70 pubmed publisher..In 1 case, lining was lost due to infection. In 2 cases a moderate nostril stenosis was observed as late complication. The forehead flap with galea is a good option for large nasal full-thickness defects, involving the lower one-third...
- Uberti B, Dentelli P, Rosso A, Defilippi P, Brizzi M. Inhibition of ?1 integrin and IL-3R? common subunit interaction hinders tumour angiogenesis. Oncogene. 2010;29:6581-90 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data identify the ?1 integrin-interacting domain in the juxta-membrane IL-3R?c extracellular domain, and provide the rational for targeting this interaction to impair vascular growth. ..
- Zugna D, Geskus R, De Stavola B, Rosinska M, Bartmeyer B, Boufassa F, et al. Time to virological failure, treatment change and interruption for individuals treated within 12 months of HIV seroconversion and in chronic infection. Antivir Ther. 2012;17:1039-48 pubmed publisher..54 [1.33, 1.79] in 2000). Individuals initiating treatment in early HIV infection are more likely to interrupt treatment than those initiating later. However, rates of failure and treatment change were similar between the two groups. ..
- Valencia A, Masala E, Rossi A, Martino A, Sanna A, Buchi F, et al. Expression of nucleoside-metabolizing enzymes in myelodysplastic syndromes and modulation of response to azacitidine. Leukemia. 2014;28:621-8 pubmed publisher..049). Our results suggest that expression level of UCK1 is correlated with clinical outcome and may influence the clinical response to AZA treatment in patients with MDS. ..
- Bruno R, Pucci G, Rosticci M, Guarino L, Guglielmo C, Agabiti Rosei C, et al. Association Between Lifestyle and Systemic Arterial Hypertension in Young Adults: A National, Survey-Based, Cross-Sectional Study. High Blood Press Cardiovasc Prev. 2016;23:31-40 pubmed publisher..High BP values were found in 11 % young adults. Male sex, adiposity and alimentary habits were the main determinants of high BP values, indicating that young men are a suitable target for healthy lifestyle interventions. ..
- Pasqualini D, Cocero N, Castella A, Mela L, Bracco P. Primary and secondary closure of the surgical wound after removal of impacted mandibular third molars: a comparative study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2005;34:52-7 pubmed..Pain and swelling were less severe with secondary healing than with primary healing. ..
- Revelli A, Chiadò A, Guidetti D, Bongioanni F, Rovei V, Gennarelli G. Outcome of in vitro fertilization in patients with proven poor ovarian responsiveness after early vs. mid-follicular LH exposure: a prospective, randomized, controlled study. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2012;29:869-75 pubmed publisher..Adding LH to FSH from day 1 or from day 7 of ovarian stimulation in a GnRH-agonist long protocol exerts comparable effects on IVF outcome in poor responders. ..
- Iaria M, Fiorentini S, Focà E, Zicari S, Giagulli C, Caccuri F, et al. Synthetic HIV-1 matrix protein p17-based AT20-KLH therapeutic immunization in HIV-1-infected patients receiving antiretroviral treatment: A phase I safety and immunogenicity study. Vaccine. 2014;32:1072-8 pubmed publisher..Overall, the tested AT20-KLH doses were safe and well tolerated, supporting further exploration of AT20-KLH as an HIV-1 therapeutic vaccine candidate. ..
- Merlino C, Bergallo M, Gribaudo G, Gregori G, Paolo Segoloni G, Giacchino F, et al. Polyomavirus BK DNA quantification assay to evaluate viral load in renal transplant recipients. J Clin Virol. 2003;28:265-74 pubmed
- Lanfranco F, Gianotti L, Pivetti S, Navone F, Rossetto R, Tassone F, et al. Obese patients with obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome show a peculiar alteration of the corticotroph but not of the thyrotroph and lactotroph function. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2004;60:41-8 pubmed
- Ferrero E, Ferri M, Viazzo A, Labate C, Pecchio A, Berardi G, et al. Free-floating thrombus in the internal carotid artery: diagnosis and treatment of 16 cases in a single center. Ann Vasc Surg. 2011;25:805-12 pubmed publisher..However, our retrospective results suggest that prompt intervention seems to be a safe alternative in FFT-ICA treatment. ..
- Botter A, Oprandi G, Lanfranco F, Allasia S, Maffiuletti N, Minetto M. Atlas of the muscle motor points for the lower limb: implications for electrical stimulation procedures and electrode positioning. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2011;111:2461-71 pubmed publisher..Possible implications for electrical stimulation procedures and electrode positioning different from those commonly applied for thigh and leg muscles are discussed. ..
- Rolfo A, Attini R, Nuzzo A, Piazzese A, Parisi S, Ferraresi M, et al. Chronic kidney disease may be differentially diagnosed from preeclampsia by serum biomarkers. Kidney Int. 2013;83:177-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study suggests that it is possible to discriminate between preeclampsia and CKD during pregnancy by determining maternal serum levels of sFlt-1 and PlGF and their ratio. ..
- Pelosi E, Arena V, Bello M, Cesana P, Lamberti L, Spandonari T, et al. Radiolabeled localization of the sentinel lymph node: dosimetric evaluation in personnel involved in the procedure. Tumori. 2002;88:S7-8 pubmed
- Boffano P, Gallesio C, Barreca A, Bianchi F, Garzino Demo P, Roccia F. Surgical treatment of odontogenic myxoma. J Craniofac Surg. 2011;22:982-7 pubmed publisher..There is no consensus about the surgical treatment of odontogenic myxoma. The aim of the current study was to present our experience and discuss the surgical management and outcome in 10 patients diagnosed with odontogenic myxoma...
- Favaro E, Carpanetto A, Caorsi C, Giovarelli M, Angelini C, Cavallo Perin P, et al. Human mesenchymal stem cells and derived extracellular vesicles induce regulatory dendritic cells in type 1 diabetic patients. Diabetologia. 2016;59:325-33 pubmed publisher..These DCs can contribute to the inhibition of inflammatory T cell responses to islet antigens and the promotion of the anti-inflammatory, regulatory responses exerted by MSCs. ..