Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Brescia, Lombardy, Italy
Locale: Brescia, Lombardy, Italy
Topic: molecular sequence data
- Chiarelli N, Ritelli M, Zoppi N, Benini A, Borsani G, Barlati S, et al. Characterization and expression pattern analysis of the facilitative glucose transporter 10 gene (slc2a10) in Danio rerio. Int J Dev Biol. 2011;55:229-36 pubmed publisher..In later embryonic stages, slc2a10 mRNA was detected in the otic vesicles, hatching gland cells, pectoral fin, posterior tectum and swim bladder. Overall, these results suggest a wide role of slc2a10 during zebrafish development. ..
- Lanzi G, Ferrari S, Vihinen M, Caraffi S, Kutukculer N, Schiaffonati L, et al. Different molecular behavior of CD40 mutants causing hyper-IgM syndrome. Blood. 2010;116:5867-74 pubmed publisher..These results give new important insights into the molecular pathogenesis of HIGM disease, and suggest that CD40 deficiency can also be regarded as an ER-storage disease. ..
- Luscieti S, Santambrogio P, Langlois d Estaintot B, Granier T, Cozzi A, Poli M, et al. Mutant ferritin L-chains that cause neurodegeneration act in a dominant-negative manner to reduce ferritin iron incorporation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:11948-57 pubmed publisher..The data support the hypothesis that hereditary ferritinopathies are due to alterations of ferritin functionality and provide new input on the mechanism of the function of isoferritins. ..
- Salvi A, Bongarzone I, Miccichè F, Arici B, Barlati S, De Petro G. Proteomic identification of LASP-1 down-regulation after RNAi urokinase silencing in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Neoplasia. 2009;11:207-19 pubmed..In summary, the proteomic identification of a set of uPA downstream proteins provides new insight into the function of uPA in HCC cells. ..
- Manzoni M, Colombi P, Papini N, Rubaga L, Tiso N, Preti A, et al. Molecular cloning and biochemical characterization of sialidases from zebrafish (Danio rerio). Biochem J. 2007;408:395-406 pubmed publisher..Overall, the redundancy of sialidases together with their expression profile and their activity exerted on gangliosides of living cells indicate the biological relevance of this class of enzymes in zebrafish...
- Lanzi G, de Miranda J, Boniotti M, Cameron C, Lavazza A, Capucci L, et al. Molecular and biological characterization of deformed wing virus of honeybees (Apis mellifera L.). J Virol. 2006;80:4998-5009 pubmed publisher..The genome organization, capsid morphology, and sequence comparison data indicate that DWV is a member of the recently established genus Iflavirus...
- Losi C, Silini A, Fiorini C, Soresina A, Meini A, Ferrari S, et al. Mutational analysis of human BAFF receptor TNFRSF13C (BAFF-R) in patients with common variable immunodeficiency. J Clin Immunol. 2005;25:496-502 pubmed..These variants do not affect the expression of BAFF-R neither at the mRNA nor at the protein level, suggesting that these variants represent novel polymorphic variants of the BAFF-R gene. ..
- Monti E, Bassi M, Bresciani R, Civini S, Croci G, Papini N, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of NEU4, the fourth member of the human sialidase gene family. Genomics. 2004;83:445-53 pubmed..Immunofluorescence staining and Western blot analysis demonstrated the association of NEU4 with the inner cell membranes. ..
- Barbon A, Vallini I, Barlati S. Genomic organization of the human GRIK2 gene and evidence for multiple splicing variants. Gene. 2001;274:187-97 pubmed
- Parolini S, Bottino C, Falco M, Augugliaro R, Giliani S, Franceschini R, et al. X-linked lymphoproliferative disease. 2B4 molecules displaying inhibitory rather than activating function are responsible for the inability of natural killer cells to kill Epstein-Barr virus-infected cells. J Exp Med. 2000;192:337-46 pubmed..As expected, in XLP-NK cells, 2B4 did not associate with SH2D1A, whereas similar to 2B4 molecules isolated from normal NK cells, it did associate with Src homology 2 domain-containing phosphatase 1. ..
- Monti E, Bassi M, Papini N, Riboni M, Manzoni M, Venerando B, et al. Identification and expression of NEU3, a novel human sialidase associated to the plasma membrane. Biochem J. 2000;349:343-51 pubmed..8. Immunofluorescence staining of the transfected COS7 cells demonstrated the protein's localization in the plasma membrane. ..
- Borroni B, Archetti S, Del Bo R, Papetti A, Buratti E, Bonvicini C, et al. TARDBP mutations in frontotemporal lobar degeneration: frequency, clinical features, and disease course. Rejuvenation Res. 2010;13:509-17 pubmed publisher..This work further supports the need for TARDBP screening in FTLD. Also intronic splicing that affects mutations should be considered as well. ..
- Zizioli D, Forlanelli E, Guarienti M, Nicoli S, Fanzani A, Bresciani R, et al. Characterization of the AP-1 ?1A and ?1B adaptins in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2404-12 pubmed publisher..Development ceased at 7-8 dpf. ?1B is not expressed in murine liver, indicating loss of ?1B expression and establishment of alternative sorting mechanisms during mammalian development. ..
- Giagulli C, Marsico S, Magiera A, Bruno R, Caccuri F, Barone I, et al. Opposite effects of HIV-1 p17 variants on PTEN activation and cell growth in B cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17831 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it provides the first evidence on the presence of a p17 natural variant mimicking the p17?36-induced signalling in B cells and displaying the capacity of promoting B cell growth and tumorigenesis. ..
- De Francesco M, Baronio M, Fiorentini S, Signorini C, Bonfanti C, Poiesi C, et al. HIV-1 matrix protein p17 increases the production of proinflammatory cytokines and counteracts IL-4 activity by binding to a cellular receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9972-7 pubmed..Our results define a role for p17 in HIV-1 pathogenesis and contribute to our understanding of the molecular mechanism of HIV-1 infection and the development of additional antiviral therapeutic strategies. ..