Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane glycoproteins in Milano, Lombardy, Italy
Locale: Milano, Lombardy, Italy
Topic: membrane glycoproteins
- Ragni E, Calderon J, Fascio U, Sipiczki M, Fonzi W, Popolo L. Phr1p, a glycosylphosphatidylinsitol-anchored ?(1,3)-glucanosyltransferase critical for hyphal wall formation, localizes to the apical growth sites and septa in Candida albicans. Fungal Genet Biol. 2011;48:793-805 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that Phr1p plays a crucial role in hyphal wall formation, a highly regulated process on which morphogenesis and virulence rely...
- Ghilardi C, Chiorino G, Dossi R, Nagy Z, Giavazzi R, Bani M. Identification of novel vascular markers through gene expression profiling of tumor-derived endothelium. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:201 pubmed publisher..Comparative transcriptomic analysis allowed us to determine molecular differences of tumor and normal tissue-derived endothelium and to identify novel markers that might be exploited to selectively target tumor vasculature. ..
- Blasi F, Sidenius N. The urokinase receptor: focused cell surface proteolysis, cell adhesion and signaling. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:1923-30 pubmed publisher..uPAR regulates the cells-extracellular matrix interactions promoting its degradation and turnover through the plasminogen activation cascade. ..
- Otsu M, Bertoli G, Fagioli C, Guerini Rocco E, Nerini Molteni S, Ruffato E, et al. Dynamic retention of Ero1alpha and Ero1beta in the endoplasmic reticulum by interactions with PDI and ERp44. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2006;8:274-82 pubmed..PDI also prevents Ero1 aggregation and dimerization, thus chaperoning its own oxidase. This dynamic retention mechanism of Ero1 may be important for fine-tuning the regulation of ER redox homeostasis and quality control. ..
- Serretti A, Benedetti F, Zanardi R, Smeraldi E. The influence of Serotonin Transporter Promoter Polymorphism (SERTPR) and other polymorphisms of the serotonin pathway on the efficacy of antidepressant treatments. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2005;29:1074-84 pubmed..The present paper reviews the pharmacogenetic studies published to date, focusing the attention on the serotonergic pathway. ..
- Carotti C, Ragni E, Palomares O, Fontaine T, Tedeschi G, Rodriguez R, et al. Characterization of recombinant forms of the yeast Gas1 protein and identification of residues essential for glucanosyltransferase activity and folding. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:3635-45 pubmed..cerevisiae. The Gas1-C74S protein was totally unable to complement the phenotype of the gas1 null mutant. We found that C74 is an essential residue for the proper folding and maturation of Gas1p. ..
- Radrizzani M, Accornero P, Delia D, Kurrle R, Colombo M. Apoptosis induced by HIV-gp120 in a Th1 clone involves the generation of reactive oxygen intermediates downstream CD95 triggering. FEBS Lett. 1997;411:87-92 pubmed..The occurrence of oxidative stress during CD95-dependent apoptosis was supported by the direct evidence of ROI production. ..
- Santoro F, Kennedy P, Locatelli G, Malnati M, Berger E, Lusso P. CD46 is a cellular receptor for human herpesvirus 6. Cell. 1999;99:817-27 pubmed..The use of a ubiquitous immunoregulatory receptor opens novel perspectives for understanding the tropism and pathogenicity of HHV-6. ..
- Barresi R, Di Blasi C, Negri T, Brugnoni R, Vitali A, Felisari G, et al. Disruption of heart sarcoglycan complex and severe cardiomyopathy caused by beta sarcoglycan mutations. J Med Genet. 2000;37:102-7 pubmed..This report therefore expands the phenotype of sarcoglycanopathies and suggests that cardiac function in LGMD patients with defective sarcoglycan expression should be monitored. ..
- Rogge L, Bianchi E, Biffi M, Bono E, Chang S, Alexander H, et al. Transcript imaging of the development of human T helper cells using oligonucleotide arrays. Nat Genet. 2000;25:96-101 pubmed..Our results provide new insight into the transcriptional program controlling the functional diversity of subsets of T helper cells. ..
- Pagani M, Fabbri M, Benedetti C, Fassio A, Pilati S, Bulleid N, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum oxidoreductin 1-lbeta (ERO1-Lbeta), a human gene induced in the course of the unfolded protein response. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:23685-92 pubmed..Furthermore, only ERO1-Lbeta transcripts are induced in the course of the unfolded protein response. Our results suggest a complex regulation of ER redox homeostasis in mammalian cells. ..
- Castagna M, Vincenti S, Marciani P, Sacchi V. Inhibition of the lepidopteran amino acid co-transporter KAAT1 by phenylglyoxal: role of arginine 76. Insect Mol Biol. 2002;11:283-9 pubmed..Using site-directed mutagenesis we showed that only arginine 76 is crucial for KAAT1 activity and is involved in PGO binding...
- Cusin C, Serretti A, Lattuada E, Lilli R, Lorenzi C, Mandelli L, et al. Influence of 5-HTTLPR and TPH variants on illness time course in mood disorders. J Psychiatr Res. 2001;35:217-23 pubmed..018) and remitting mood disorders (P=0.006). TPH frequencies did not differ between mood disorders subtypes. Our results suggest that 5-HTTLPR variants may confer a susceptibility toward rapid cycling mood disorders. ..
- Anelli T, Bergamelli L, Margittai E, Rimessi A, Fagioli C, Malgaroli A, et al. Ero1? regulates Ca(2+) fluxes at the endoplasmic reticulum-mitochondria interface (MAM). Antioxid Redox Signal. 2012;16:1077-87 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that the levels, subcellular localization, and activity of Ero1? coordinately regulate Ca(2+) and redox homeostasis and signaling in the early secretory compartment. ..
- Serretti A, Malitas P, Mandelli L, Lorenzi C, Ploia C, Alevizos B, et al. Further evidence for a possible association between serotonin transporter gene and lithium prophylaxis in mood disorders. Pharmacogenomics J. 2004;4:267-73 pubmed..Further studies on independent and large samples are required to determine the reliability and direction of the possible association between SERTPR variants and lithium outcome. ..
- Ragni E, Fontaine T, Gissi C, Latge J, Popolo L. The Gas family of proteins of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: characterization and evolutionary analysis. Yeast. 2007;24:297-308 pubmed..On the basis of this net distinction, we speculate that the type of C-tail region imposed constraints to the evolution of the N-terminal portion. ..
- Bertoli G, Simmen T, Anelli T, Molteni S, Fesce R, Sitia R. Two conserved cysteine triads in human Ero1alpha cooperate for efficient disulfide bond formation in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30047-52 pubmed..These findings suggest that interactions between the two triads, dependent on Cys85 and Cys391, are important for Ero1alpha function, possibly stabilizing a platform for efficient PDI oxidation. ..
- Bosisio D, Polentarutti N, Sironi M, Bernasconi S, Miyake K, Webb G, et al. Stimulation of toll-like receptor 4 expression in human mononuclear phagocytes by interferon-gamma: a molecular basis for priming and synergism with bacterial lipopolysaccharide. Blood. 2002;99:3427-31 pubmed..These results suggest that enhanced TLR4 expression underlies the long-known priming by IFNgamma of mononuclear phagocytes for pathogen recognition and killing as well as its synergism with LPS in macrophage activation. ..
- Tedeschi G, Cappelletti G, Nonnis S, Taverna F, Negri A, Ronchi C, et al. Tyrosine nitration is a novel post-translational modification occurring on the neural intermediate filament protein peripherin. Neurochem Res. 2007;32:433-41 pubmed..Tyr 17 and Tyr 376 were identified by MALDI-TOF analyses as two specific residues endogenously nitrated. Finally, peripherin nitration is not restricted to PC12 cells but it is also present in vivo in rat brain. ..
- De Filippo A, Binder R, Camisaschi C, Beretta V, Arienti F, Villa A, et al. Human plasmacytoid dendritic cells interact with gp96 via CD91 and regulate inflammatory responses. J Immunol. 2008;181:6525-35 pubmed
- Rolli E, Ragni E, Calderon J, Porello S, Fascio U, Popolo L. Immobilization of the glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored Gas1 protein into the chitin ring and septum is required for proper morphogenesis in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4856-70 pubmed publisher..We present evidence that Crh1p and Crh2p are required for tethering Gas1p to the chitin ring and bud scar. These results reveal a new mechanism of protein immobilization at specific sites of the cell envelope. ..
- Iellem A, Colantonio L, D Ambrosio D. Skin-versus gut-skewed homing receptor expression and intrinsic CCR4 expression on human peripheral blood CD4+CD25+ suppressor T cells. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:1488-96 pubmed..These observations indicate that the increased expression of CCR4, which is proposed to guide CD25(+) Ts cells to DC, is an intrinsic feature of CD25(+) Ts cells. ..
- Calderon J, Zavrel M, Ragni E, Fonzi W, Rupp S, Popolo L. PHR1, a pH-regulated gene of Candida albicans encoding a glucan-remodelling enzyme, is required for adhesion and invasion. Microbiology. 2010;156:2484-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, the beta-(1,3)-glucan processing catalysed by Phr1p is of fundamental importance in the maintenance of the morphological state on which the adhesive and invasive properties of C. albicans greatly depend...
- Bazzocchi C, Mortarino M, Comazzi S, Bandi C, Franceschi A, Genchi C. Expression and function of Toll-like receptor 2 in canine blood phagocytes. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2005;104:15-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that, also in dogs as in humans the initial antibacterial response of PMNs could be elicited through engagement of TLR2. ..
- Cabibbo A, Pagani M, Fabbri M, Rocchi M, Farmery M, Bulleid N, et al. ERO1-L, a human protein that favors disulfide bond formation in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:4827-33 pubmed..ERO1-L is no longer functional when either one of the highly conserved Cys-394 or Cys-397 is mutated. These results strongly suggest that ERO1-L is involved in oxidative ER protein folding in mammalian cells. ..
- Gualtieri T, Ragni E, Mizzi L, Fascio U, Popolo L. The cell wall sensor Wsc1p is involved in reorganization of actin cytoskeleton in response to hypo-osmotic shock in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2004;21:1107-20 pubmed..Wsc1p appears to be an important regulator of the actin network rearrangements in conditions of cell wall expansion and membrane stretching. ..
- Benedetti F, Colombo C, Serretti A, Lorenzi C, Pontiggia A, Barbini B, et al. Antidepressant effects of light therapy combined with sleep deprivation are influenced by a functional polymorphism within the promoter of the serotonin transporter gene. Biol Psychiatry. 2003;54:687-92 pubmed..The influence of 5-HTTLPR on response to the combination of TSD and light therapy is similar to that observed on response to TSD and serotonergic drug treatments. ..