Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Pavia, Lombardy, Italy
Locale: Pavia, Lombardy, Italy
Publications548 found, 100 shown here
- Binda C, Valente S, Romanenghi M, Pilotto S, Cirilli R, Karytinos A, et al. Biochemical, structural, and biological evaluation of tranylcypromine derivatives as inhibitors of histone demethylases LSD1 and LSD2. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:6827-33 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that these LSD1/2 inhibitors are of potential relevance for the treatment of promyelocytic leukemia and, more generally, as tools to alter chromatin state with promise of a block of tumor progression...
- Cereda E, Pedrolli C, Zagami A, Vanotti A, Piffer S, Opizzi A, et al. Body mass index and mortality in institutionalized elderly. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2011;12:174-8 pubmed publisher..A value of 21 kg/m(2) or lower can be considered a useful trigger for nutritional support. These results support intending BMI as nutritional reserve in institutionalized elderly patients. ..
- Maga G, Falchi F, Radi M, Botta L, Casaluce G, Bernardini M, et al. Toward the discovery of novel anti-HIV drugs. Second-generation inhibitors of the cellular ATPase DDX3 with improved anti-HIV activity: synthesis, structure-activity relationship analysis, cytotoxicity studies, and target validation. ChemMedChem. 2011;6:1371-89 pubmed publisher..A thorough analysis confirmed human DDX3 as a valid anti-HIV target. The compounds described herein represent a significant advance in the pursuit of novel drugs that target HIV-1 host cofactors. ..
- Crespan E, Czabany T, Maga G, Hubscher U. Microhomology-mediated DNA strand annealing and elongation by human DNA polymerases ? and ? on normal and repetitive DNA sequences. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:5577-90 pubmed publisher..We propose a possible novel role of DNA pol ? in MMEJ, promoting (CAG)n triplet repeats instability. ..
- Barosi G, Merlini G, Billio A, Boccadoro M, Corradini P, Marchetti M, et al. SIE, SIES, GITMO evidence-based guidelines on novel agents (thalidomide, bortezomib, and lenalidomide) in the treatment of multiple myeloma. Ann Hematol. 2012;91:875-88 pubmed publisher..In patients who are refractory or relapsing after first-line therapy, we recommended bortezomib and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin, or lenalidomide and dexamethasone combinations (weak positive)...
- Crotti L, Spazzolini C, Porretta A, Dagradi F, Taravelli E, Petracci B, et al. Vagal reflexes following an exercise stress test: a simple clinical tool for gene-specific risk stratification in the long QT syndrome. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;60:2515-24 pubmed publisher..Intense exercise training, which potentiates vagal reflexes, should probably be avoided by LQT1 patients. ..
- Giampreti A, Lampati L, Chidini G, Rocchi L, Rolandi L, Lonati D, et al. Recurrent tonic-clonic seizures and coma due to ingestion of Type I pyrethroids in a 19-month-old patient. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2013;51:497-500 pubmed publisher..First-aid therapy including airway maintenance and control of muscle fasciculation and seizures is of major importance. Benzodiazepines and high-dose thiopental sodium were effective treatments for convulsion. ..
- Colombo R, Sterpi I, Mazzone A, Delconte C, Pisano F. Robot-aided neurorehabilitation in sub-acute and chronic stroke: does spontaneous recovery have a limited impact on outcome?. NeuroRehabilitation. 2013;33:621-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, a longer recovery time was required to maximize outcome in sub-acute than in chronic patients. ..
- Setti I, Argentero P. The influence of operational and organizational stressors on the well-being of municipal police officers. Med Lav. 2013;104:368-79 pubmed..Helping professions are at a high risk of developing occupational stress that can cause negative effects at individual and organizational levels...
- Forneris G, Savio D, Quaretti P, Fiorina I, Cecere P, Pozzato M, et al. Dealing with stuck hemodialysis catheter: state of the art and tips for the nephrologist. J Nephrol. 2014;27:619-25 pubmed publisher..Nephrologists must play a central role in organizing the treatment of this complication with other specialists in order to avoid making mistakes that may preclude future positive results. ..
- Marcassa C, Pistono M, Maserati R, Giordano A, Giannuzzi P. Disability after cardiac surgery is the major predictor of infections occurring in the rehabilitation phase. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2016;23:584-92 pubmed publisher..The 10.9% rate of major infections observed after discharge from the surgical department confirms the importance of prolonging infection surveillance after discharge from the cardiac surgery department. ..
- Ermetici F, Zelaschi R, Briganti S, Dozio E, Gaeta M, Ambrogi F, et al. Association between a school-based intervention and adiposity outcomes in adolescents: The Italian "EAT" project. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2016;24:687-95 pubmed publisher..A school-based multicomponent intervention conducted at both environmental and individual levels may be effective for reducing adiposity measures mainly in adolescents with overweight/obesity. ..
- Piralla A, Lunghi G, Ruggiero L, Girello A, Bianchini S, Rovida F, et al. Molecular epidemiology of influenza B virus among hospitalized pediatric patients in Northern Italy during the 2015-16 season. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185893 pubmed publisher..The primary aim of this study was to evaluate the molecular characteristics of influenza B viruses circulating in a region of Northern Italy, Lombardia, during the influenza season of 2015-2016...
- Campanelli R, Palermo B, Garbelli S, Mantovani S, Lucchi P, Necker A, et al. Human CD8 co-receptor is strictly involved in MHC-peptide tetramer-TCR binding and T cell activation. Int Immunol. 2002;14:39-44 pubmed
- Olivieri C, Mira E, Delù G, Pagella F, Zambelli A, Malvezzi L, et al. Identification of 13 new mutations in the ACVRL1 gene in a group of 52 unselected Italian patients affected by hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia. J Med Genet. 2002;39:E39 pubmed
- Forlino A, Lupi A, Vaghi P, Icaro Cornaglia A, Calligaro A, Campari E, et al. Mutation analysis of five new patients affected by prolidase deficiency: the lack of enzyme activity causes necrosis-like cell death in cultured fibroblasts. Hum Genet. 2002;111:314-22 pubmed..Our results provide the first evidence that absence of prolidase activity causes the activation of a necrosis-like cellular death, which could be responsible for the typical skin lesions in PD. ..
- Spinillo A, Viazzo F, Colleoni R, Chiara A, Maria Cerbo R, Fazzi E. Two-year infant neurodevelopmental outcome after single or multiple antenatal courses of corticosteroids to prevent complications of prematurity. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004;191:217-24 pubmed..63, 95% CI=1.03-13.58). In this study, multiple antenatal courses of dexamethasone but not betamethasone were associated with an increased risk of leukomalacia and 2-year infant neurodevelopmental abnormalities. ..
- Canobbio I, Balduini C, Torti M. Signalling through the platelet glycoprotein Ib-V-IX complex. Cell Signal. 2004;16:1329-44 pubmed
- Aktipi K, Ravaglia S, Ceroni M, Nemni R, Debiaggi M, Bastianello S, et al. Severe recurrent myelitis in patients with hepatitis C virus infection. Neurology. 2007;68:468-9 pubmed
- Nappi R, Lello S, Melis G, Albani F, Polatti F, Genazzani A. LEI (Lack of tEstosterone Impact) survey in a clinical sample with surgical menopause. Climacteric. 2009;12:533-40 pubmed publisher..Sexual counseling is mandatory in order to discuss potential therapeutic strategies, including testosterone use. ..
- Luisetti M, Kadija Z, Mariani F, Rodi G, Campo I, Trapnell B. Therapy options in pulmonary alveolar proteinosis. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2010;4:239-48 pubmed publisher..The aim of this paper is to provide an updated review of the current therapeutic approach to proteinosis. ..
- Sánchez Hernández Y, Laforenza U, Bonetti E, Fontana J, Dragoni S, Russo M, et al. Store-operated Ca(2+) entry is expressed in human endothelial progenitor cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2010;19:1967-81 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the first evidence that EPCs express SOCE, which might thus be regarded as a novel target to enhance the regenerative outcome of cell-based therapy. ..
- Derosa G, Maffioli P, Salvadeo S, Ferrari I, Gravina A, Mereu R, et al. Sibutramine and L-carnitine compared to sibutramine alone on insulin resistance in diabetic patients. Intern Med. 2010;49:1717-25 pubmed..Furthermore, only sibutramine plus L-carnitine improved Tg, and visfatin. Sibutramine plus L-carnitine gave a faster improvement of lipid profile, insulin resistance parameters, glycemic control, and body weight compared to sibutramine. ..
- Scotti C, Sommi P, Pasquetto M, Cappelletti D, Stivala S, Mignosi P, et al. Cell-cycle inhibition by Helicobacter pylori L-asparaginase. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13892 pubmed publisher..We give evidence supporting a role in the pathogenesis of H. pylori-related diseases and discuss its potential diagnostic application. ..
- Derosa G, Ragonesi P, Carbone A, Fogari E, D Angelo A, Cicero A, et al. Vildagliptin action on some adipocytokine levels in type 2 diabetic patients: a 12-month, placebo-controlled study. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2012;13:2581-91 pubmed publisher..Vildagliptin + metformin also decreased resistin, RBP-4, and chemerin better. Vildagliptin seems to have a positive action on some adipocytokines related to inflammation. ..
- Grassi S, Borroni R, Brazzelli V. Panniculitis in children. G Ital Dermatol Venereol. 2013;148:371-85 pubmed..For each type of panniculitis considered concise information will be given about epidemiology, etiology, clinical findings, laboratory data, prognosis and therapy, while histopathologic findings will be described in detail. ..
- Cazzola M, Della Porta M, Malcovati L. The genetic basis of myelodysplasia and its clinical relevance. Blood. 2013;122:4021-34 pubmed publisher..Although both founding and subclonal driver mutations have been shown to have prognostic significance, prospective clinical trials that include the molecular characterization of the patient's genome are now needed. ..
- Draghi F, Bortolotto C. Importance of the ultrasound in cubital tunnel syndrome. Surg Radiol Anat. 2016;38:265-8 pubmed publisher..We decided to report this case because it shows the importance of the ultrasound in the diagnosis of the cause of compressions, including those rare and unexpected. ..
- Nicita F, Garone G, Spalice A, Savasta S, Striano P, Pantaleoni C, et al. Epilepsy is a possible feature in Williams-Beuren syndrome patients harboring typical deletions of the 7q11.23 critical region. Am J Med Genet A. 2016;170A:148-55 pubmed publisher..This is the largest series describing electro-clinical features of epilepsy in WBS. In WBS, epilepsy should be considered both in case of typical and atypical deletions, which do not involve HIP1, YWHAG or MAGI2. ..
- Dagliati A, Marinoni A, Cerra C, Decata P, Chiovato L, Gamba P, et al. Integration of Administrative, Clinical, and Environmental Data to Support the Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: From Satellites to Clinical Care. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2015;10:19-26 pubmed publisher..This work shows that it is possible to successfully deal with big data by implementing new analytics and how their exploration may provide new scenarios to better understand clinical phenomena. ..
- Moroni M, Stella M, Pedrazzoli P, Pirovano M, Boveri E, Veronese S. c.428T?>?C (p.V143A) homozygous mutation in TP53 gene as a possible mechanism of resistance to trastuzumab therapy in gastric cancer. Acta Oncol. 2016;55:1373-1375 pubmed
- Guidotti G, Brambilla L, Rossi D. Cell-Penetrating Peptides: From Basic Research to Clinics. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2017;38:406-424 pubmed publisher..The outcome of these investigations has thus opened new perspectives for CPP application in the development of unprecedented human therapies that are well tolerated and directed to intracellular targets. ..
- Zerbinati N, D Este E, Parodi P, Calligaro A. Microscopic and ultrastructural evidences in human skin following calcium hydroxylapatite filler treatment. Arch Dermatol Res. 2017;309:389-396 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, associated with the modifications of the filler, evidences of stimulatory effects on dermal fibroblasts are reported. ..
- Raimondi E, Rubboli F, Moralli D, Chini B, Fornasari D, Tarroni P, et al. Chromosomal localization and physical linkage of the genes encoding the human alpha 3, alpha 5, and beta 4 neuronal nicotinic receptor subunits. Genomics. 1992;12:849-50 pubmed
- Perfetti V, Casarini S, Palladini G, Vignarelli M, Klersy C, Diegoli M, et al. Analysis of V(lambda)-J(lambda) expression in plasma cells from primary (AL) amyloidosis and normal bone marrow identifies 3r (lambdaIII) as a new amyloid-associated germline gene segment. Blood. 2002;100:948-53 pubmed..Overusage of just 2 gene segments, 3r and 6a, can thus account for the lambda light-chain overrepresentation typical of this disorder. ..
- Percivalle E, Sarasini A, Torsellini M, Bruschi L, Antoniazzi E, Grazia Revello M, et al. A comparison of methods for detecting adenovirus type 8 keratoconjunctivitis during a nosocomial outbreak in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. J Clin Virol. 2003;28:257-64 pubmed..PCR was the most sensitive assay, although it takes longer to perform and requires dedicated facilities; thus, it could be restricted to DFA-negative samples. Virus isolation is still useful from an epidemiological point of view. ..
- Bione S, Rizzolio F, Sala C, Ricotti R, Goegan M, Manzini M, et al. Mutation analysis of two candidate genes for premature ovarian failure, DACH2 and POF1B. Hum Reprod. 2004;19:2759-66 pubmed..Rare mutations were found in patients in both genes. Our findings could not demonstrate any involvement of POF1B, but suggest that rare mutations in the DACH2 gene may have a role in the POF phenotype. ..
- Belliato M, Palo A, Pasero D, Iotti G, Mojoli F, Braschi A. Evaluation of adaptive support ventilation in paralysed patients and in a physical lung model. Int J Artif Organs. 2004;27:709-16 pubmed..Evaluation of the respiratory pattern selected by the Adaptive Support Ventilation (ASV) in ventilated patients with acute, chronic respiratory failure and normal lungs and in a physical lung model...
- Marchetti M, Caruggi M, Colombo G. Cost utility and budget impact of third-generation aromatase inhibitors for advanced breast cancer: a literature-based model analysis of costs in the Italian National Health Service. Clin Ther. 2004;26:1546-61 pubmed
- Pascale A, Amadio M, Scapagnini G, Lanni C, Racchi M, Provenzani A, et al. Neuronal ELAV proteins enhance mRNA stability by a PKCalpha-dependent pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:12065-70 pubmed..These findings suggest a model for gene expression regulation by nELAV proteins through a PKCalpha-dependent pathway that is relevant for the cellular programs in which ARE-mediated control plays a pivotal role. ..
- Locatelli D, Rampa F, Acchiardi I, Bignami M, De Bernardi F, Castelnuovo P. Endoscopic endonasal approaches for repair of cerebrospinal fluid leaks: nine-year experience. Neurosurgery. 2006;58:ONS-246-56; discussiom ONS-256-7 pubmed..A correct diagnosis surely allows the choice of the best treatment, surgical approach, graft, and technique. Our multidisciplinary approach to this pathology during these years has been essential to gain our challenging results. ..
- Franca R, Spadari S, Maga G. APOBEC deaminases as cellular antiviral factors: a novel natural host defense mechanism. Med Sci Monit. 2006;12:RA92-8 pubmed..This article is aimed at broadening the current knowledge about the antiviral activity of the APOBEC members and to highlight the notion that their role(s) might be more general than previously anticipated. ..
- Azzalin A, Ferrara V, Arias A, Cerri S, Avella D, Pisu M, et al. Interaction between the cellular prion (PrPC) and the 2P domain K+ channel TREK-1 protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;346:108-15 pubmed..Our results indicated a novel PrP(C) interacting protein and suggested that this complex might be relevant in modulating a variety of electrophysiological-dependent cellular responses. ..
- Gerna G, Percivalle E, Sarasini A, Campanini G, Piralla A, Rovida F, et al. Human respiratory coronavirus HKU1 versus other coronavirus infections in Italian hospitalised patients. J Clin Virol. 2007;38:244-50 pubmed..HKU1 hCoV strains circulated in northern Italy during the winter-spring season 2005-2006. Both HKU1 genotypes were detected. HKU1-specific MAb may contribute to the rapid diagnosis of HKU1 infections currently performed by RT-PCR. ..
- Morini L, Marchei E, Vagnarelli F, Garcia Algar O, Groppi A, Mastrobattista L, et al. Ethyl glucuronide and ethyl sulfate in meconium and hair-potential biomarkers of intrauterine exposure to ethanol. Forensic Sci Int. 2010;196:74-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data show that meconium is so far the best matrix in evaluating intrauterine exposure to ethanol, with EtG and EtS being potentially good alternative biomarkers to FAEEs. ..
- Disabella E, Grasso M, Gambarin F, Narula N, Dore R, Favalli V, et al. Risk of dissection in thoracic aneurysms associated with mutations of smooth muscle alpha-actin 2 (ACTA2). Heart. 2011;97:321-6 pubmed publisher..Timely diagnosis of TAAD in the probands, genetic counselling and family screening identify predisposed relatives and prevent catastrophic aortic dissections. ..
- Fogari R, Zoppi A, Maffioli P, Lazzari P, Mugellini A, Derosa G. Effect of telmisartan addition to amlodipine on ankle edema development in treating hypertensive patients. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2011;12:2441-8 pubmed publisher..01). The addition of telmisartan to amlodipine significantly attenuated amlodipine-induced edema formation. The reduction of amlodipine-induced reflex-sympathetic activation by telmisartan might have contributed to such an effect. ..
- Tonduti D, Vanderver A, Berardinelli A, Schmidt J, Collins C, Novara F, et al. MCT8 deficiency: extrapyramidal symptoms and delayed myelination as prominent features. J Child Neurol. 2013;28:795-800 pubmed publisher..In one subject a novel mutation is described. ..
- Tonduti D, Pichiecchio A, La Piana R, Livingston J, DOHERTY D, Majumdar A, et al. COL4A1-related disease: raised creatine kinase and cerebral calcification as useful pointers. Neuropediatrics. 2012;43:283-8 pubmed publisher..Raised CK concentration, in addition to intracranial calcification, is to be considered another useful pointer to a final diagnosis of COL4A1-related disease. ..
- Paolucci S, Fiorina L, Piralla A, Gulminetti R, Novati S, Barbarini G, et al. Naturally occurring mutations to HCV protease inhibitors in treatment-naïve patients. Virol J. 2012;9:245 pubmed publisher..A more extensive analysis is needed to better evaluate the impact of baseline resistance and compensatory mutations in the efficacy of HCV PI treatment. ..
- Cazzola M, Rossi M, Malcovati L. Biologic and clinical significance of somatic mutations of SF3B1 in myeloid and lymphoid neoplasms. Blood. 2013;121:260-9 pubmed publisher..The assessment of SF3B1 mutation status may become innovative diagnostic and prognostic tools and the availability of spliceosome modulators opens novel therapeutic prospects. ..
- De Simone U, Manzo L, Ferrari C, Bakeine J, Locatelli C, Coccini T. Short and long-term exposure of CNS cell lines to BPA-f a radiosensitizer for boron neutron capture therapy: safety dose evaluation by a battery of cytotoxicity tests. Neurotoxicology. 2013;35:84-90 pubmed publisher..In short-time exposure, BPA-f exhibits a safe dosage up to 40?gBeq/ml for the viability of CNS cell lines. ..
- Rumi E, Pietra D, Guglielmelli P, Bordoni R, Casetti I, Milanesi C, et al. Acquired copy-neutral loss of heterozygosity of chromosome 1p as a molecular event associated with marrow fibrosis in MPL-mutated myeloproliferative neoplasms. Blood. 2013;121:4388-95 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that acquired CN-LOH of chromosome 1p involving the MPL location may represent a molecular mechanism of fibrotic transformation in MPL-mutated myeloproliferative neoplasms. ..
- Tricoci P, Leonardi S, White J, White H, Armstrong P, Montalescot G, et al. Cardiac troponin after percutaneous coronary intervention and 1-year mortality in non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome using systematic evaluation of biomarker trends. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;62:242-251 pubmed publisher..This identified a highly significant relationship between post-PCI cTn and 1-year mortality, with implications for both incorporating a cTn post-PCI MI definition and preventing PCI-related myonecrosis. ..
- Chiodi I, Mondello C. Telomere and telomerase stability in human diseases and cancer. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2016;21:203-24 pubmed..Here, we review key factors that play a role in the development of these processes and their relationship with human health. ..
- Juneja P, Bonora M, Haviland J, Harris E, Evans P, Somaiah N. Does breast composition influence late adverse effects in breast radiotherapy?. Breast. 2016;26:25-30 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the cause for large breast size as a risk factor for late effects after surgery and optimally planned radiotherapy remains unresolved. ..
- de Swart L, Smith A, MacKenzie M, Symeonidis A, Neukirchen J, Mikulenkova D, et al. Cytomorphology review of 100 newly diagnosed lower-risk MDS patients in the European LeukemiaNet MDS (EUMDS) registry reveals a high inter-observer concordance. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1105-1112 pubmed publisher..Our data show that in general, the inter-observer agreement was high and a very low percentage of misdiagnosed cases had been entered into the EUMDS registry. Further studies including histomorphology are warranted. ..
- Handgraaf H, Boogerd L, Höppener D, Peloso A, Sibinga Mulder B, Hoogstins C, et al. Long-term follow-up after near-infrared fluorescence-guided resection of colorectal liver metastases: A retrospective multicenter analysis. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1463-1471 pubmed publisher..Given its safety profile and low expense, routine use can be considered until tumor targeting fluorescent tracers are clinically available. ..
- Gamba G, Montani N, Anesi E, Palladini G, Capezzera M, Soldavini E, et al. Clotting alterations in primary systemic amyloidosis. Haematologica. 2000;85:289-92 pubmed..The variability in the behavior of the other clotting times and hemostatic factors studied is mirrored in the heterogeneity of the clinical features observed in this disease. ..
- Chiodi I, Corioni M, Giordano M, Valgardsdottir R, Ghigna C, Cobianchi F, et al. RNA recognition motif 2 directs the recruitment of SF2/ASF to nuclear stress bodies. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:4127-36 pubmed..Our analysis suggests that the recruitment of SF2/ASF to nSBs is mediated by a direct interaction with satellite III transcripts and points to the second RNA-binding domain of the protein as the major determinant of this interaction...
- Perucca E. Birth defects after prenatal exposure to antiepileptic drugs. Lancet Neurol. 2005;4:781-6 pubmed..Finally, studies are urgently needed to investigate other potential adverse effects of AED exposure, with special reference to effects on postnatal intellectual development. ..
- Tinelli C, De Silvestri A, Richeldi L, Oggionni T. The Italian register for diffuse infiltrative lung disorders (RIPID): a four-year report. Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis. 2005;22 Suppl 1:S4-8 pubmed..g. Sarcoidosis and IPF), in order to design multicentric clinical studies of adequate sample size, aimed at providing standardized diagnostic, management and follow up criteria with a particular regard to outcome. ..
- Forneris F, Binda C, Battaglioli E, Mattevi A. LSD1: oxidative chemistry for multifaceted functions in chromatin regulation. Trends Biochem Sci. 2008;33:181-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the exploration of putative non-histone substrates and potential signaling roles of hydrogen peroxide produced by the demethylation reaction could lead to new paradigms in chromatin biology. ..
- Fogari R, Derosa G, Ferrari I, Corradi L, Zoppi A, Lazzari P, et al. Effect of valsartan and ramipril on atrial fibrillation recurrence and P-wave dispersion in hypertensive patients with recurrent symptomatic lone atrial fibrillation. Am J Hypertens. 2008;21:1034-9 pubmed publisher..This could be related to the greater PWD reduction observed with valsartan. ..
- Cerbo R, Cabano R, Radicioni M, Stronati M. Cerebral arteriovenous shunts regression in two preterm newborns with heart failure in utero. Am J Perinatol. 2009;26:637-9 pubmed publisher..From our cases, it appears that, despite the dramatic echographic appearance, generalized cerebral venous dilatation can resolve spontaneously without sequelae. ..
- Di Sabatino A, Battista N, Biancheri P, Rapino C, Rovedatti L, Astarita G, et al. The endogenous cannabinoid system in the gut of patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Mucosal Immunol. 2011;4:574-83 pubmed publisher..Although these results are promising, further studies are needed to determine the role of cannabinoid pathways in gut inflammation. ..
- Sakellariou G, Scirè C, Verstappen S, Montecucco C, Caporali R. In patients with early rheumatoid arthritis, the new ACR/EULAR definition of remission identifies patients with persistent absence of functional disability and suppression of ultrasonographic synovitis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2013;72:245-9 pubmed publisher
- Rumi E, Harutyunyan A, Pietra D, Milosevic J, Casetti I, Bellini M, et al. CALR exon 9 mutations are somatically acquired events in familial cases of essential thrombocythemia or primary myelofibrosis. Blood. 2014;123:2416-9 pubmed publisher..036) and of disease progression (P = .047) compared with those with JAK2 (V617F). In conclusion, a significant proportion of familial ET and PMF nonmutated for JAK2 carry a somatic mutation of CALR. ..
- Rea G, Cristofaro F, Pani G, Pascucci B, Ghuge S, Corsetto P, et al. Microgravity-driven remodeling of the proteome reveals insights into molecular mechanisms and signal networks involved in response to the space flight environment. J Proteomics. 2016;137:3-18 pubmed publisher..Future perspectives are also highlighted. ..
- Di Stefano M, Corazza G. Treatment of small intestine bacterial overgrowth and related symptoms by rifaximin. Chemotherapy. 2005;51 Suppl 1:103-9 pubmed..In this paper, the efficacy of the different therapeutic approaches used is reviewed. ..
- Belgiovine C, Chiodi I, Mondello C. Telomerase: cellular immortalization and neoplastic transformation. Multiple functions of a multifaceted complex. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2008;122:255-62 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we will review telomerase immortalization of somatic cells, together with its possible consequences, and we will examine the complex role of telomerase in tumorigenesis...
- Gimelli S, Beri S, Drabkin H, Gambini C, Gregorio A, Fiorio P, et al. The tumor suppressor gene TRC8/RNF139 is disrupted by a constitutional balanced translocation t(8;22)(q24.13;q11.21) in a young girl with dysgerminoma. Mol Cancer. 2009;8:52 pubmed publisher..We report a paternally inherited balanced translocation t(8;22) in a proposita with dysgerminoma...
- Antonaci F, Nappi G, Galli F, Manzoni G, Calabresi P, Costa A. Migraine and psychiatric comorbidity: a review of clinical findings. J Headache Pain. 2011;12:115-25 pubmed publisher..Psychiatric comorbidity indeed affects migraine evolution, may lead to chronic substance use, and may change treatment strategies, eventually modifying the outcome of this important disorder. ..
- Vetro A, Bouman K, Hastings R, McMullan D, Vermeesch J, Miller K, et al. The introduction of arrays in prenatal diagnosis: a special challenge. Hum Mutat. 2012;33:923-9 pubmed publisher..We aim to give some general recommendations on how to develop practical guidelines that can be implemented in the local setting and that are consistent with the emerging international consensus. ..
- Varettoni M, Zibellini S, Capello D, Arcaini L, Rossi D, Pascutto C, et al. Clues to pathogenesis of Waldenström macroglobulinemia and immunoglobulin M monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance provided by analysis of immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangement and clustering of B-cell receptors. Leuk Lymphoma. 2013;54:2485-9 pubmed publisher..WM and IgM-MGUS-specific HCDR3 clusters do not occur with a frequency detectable with currently available databases, not supporting a B-cell receptor-driven pathogenesis in WM and IgM-MGUS. ..
- Cirillo S, Rocca M, Ghezzi A, Valsasina P, Moiola L, Veggiotti P, et al. Abnormal cerebellar functional MRI connectivity in patients with paediatric multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler. 2016;22:292-301 pubmed publisher..Modifications of cerebellar RSFC occur in paediatric MS and are influenced by the duration of the disease and brain focal lesions. Decreased RSFC may reflect early maladaptive plasticity contributing to cognitive impairment. ..
- Cornara S, Somaschini A, De Servi S, Crimi G, Ferlini M, Baldo A, et al. Prognostic Impact of in-Hospital-Bleeding in Patients With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction Treated by Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1734-1741 pubmed publisher..Bleeding was associated with increased mortality in patients with signs of heart failure at admission, whereas it had no effects in patients with Killip class I. ..
- Savini E, Biamonti G, Ciarrocchi G, Montecucco A. Cloning and sequence analysis of a cDNA coding for the murine DNA ligase I enzyme. Gene. 1994;144:253-7 pubmed..Alignment of the murine and human deduced aa sequences showed an overall 83% identity, that rises to 91% if only the sequence on the C-terminal portion of the protein containing the active site is considered. ..
- Cartegni L, Di Barletta M, Barresi R, Squarzoni S, Sabatelli P, Maraldi N, et al. Heart-specific localization of emerin: new insights into Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy. Hum Mol Genet. 1997;6:2257-64 pubmed..In heart its specific localization to desmosomes and fasciae adherentes could account for the characteristic conduction defects described in patients...
- Torroni A, Bandelt H, Macaulay V, Richards M, Cruciani F, Rengo C, et al. A signal, from human mtDNA, of postglacial recolonization in Europe. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;69:844-52 pubmed..Mass screening of a few markers identified using complete mtDNA sequences promises to be an efficient strategy for inferring features of human prehistory. ..
- Razeto A, Mattiroli F, Bossi R, Coda A, Mattevi A. Identifying a recombinant alkyldihydroxyacetonephosphate synthase suited for crystallographic studies. Protein Expr Purif. 2007;55:343-51 pubmed..A search of deletion mutants identified a protein variant that forms crystals diffracting up to 2A resolution. ..
- Comoli P, Ginevri F, Maccario R, Avanzini M, Marconi M, Groff A, et al. Human mesenchymal stem cells inhibit antibody production induced in vitro by allostimulation. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2008;23:1196-202 pubmed..Our findings suggest that third-party MSC are able to suppress allo-specific antibody production in vitro, and may therefore help overcome a positive cross-match in sensitized transplant recipients. ..
- Revello M, Genini E, Gorini G, Klersy C, Piralla A, Gerna G. Comparative evaluation of eight commercial human cytomegalovirus IgG avidity assays. J Clin Virol. 2010;48:255-9 pubmed publisher..HCMV IgG avidity kits need to be improved and standardized. In the meantime, highly specific IgM assays are preferable for screening purposes in pregnant women. ..
- Messina S, Solaro C, Righini I, Bergamaschi R, Bonavita S, Bossio R, et al. Sativex in resistant multiple sclerosis spasticity: Discontinuation study in a large population of Italian patients (SA.FE. study). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180651 pubmed publisher..46-0.56, p<0.001) were predictive of treatment discontinuation. These data show that the first 6 weeks are useful in identifying those patients in which Sativex could be effective, thus avoiding the cost of longer term evaluation. ..
- Avenali M, Tassorelli C, De Icco R, Perrotta A, Serrao M, Fresia M, et al. Pain processing in atypical Parkinsonisms and Parkinson disease: A comparative neurophysiological study. Clin Neurophysiol. 2017;128:1978-1984 pubmed publisher..Our data advance the knowledge of the neurophysiology of nociception in the advanced phases of parkinsonian syndromes and on the role of dopaminergic pathways in the control on pain processing. ..
- Savasta S, Carlone G, Castagnoli R, Chiappe F, Bassanese F, Piras R, et al. X-Linked Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia: New Features and a Novel EDA Gene Mutation. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2017;152:111-116 pubmed publisher..To date, our findings indicate that a novel mutation in EDA is associated with X-linked HED, adding it to the repertoire of EDA mutations. ..