Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Monza, Lombardy, Italy
Locale: Monza, Lombardy, Italy
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Dionisi F, Guarneri A, Dell Acqua V, Leonardi M, Niespolo R, Macchia G, et al. Radiotherapy in the multidisciplinary treatment of liver cancer: a survey on behalf of the Italian Association of Radiation Oncology. Radiol Med. 2016;121:735-43 pubmed publisher..The technical equipment seems adequate. The variations observed in the treatment regimens reflect the lack of a well-established standard schedule. ..
- Cortesi P, D Angiolella L, Vellucci R, Allegri M, Casale G, Favaretti C, et al. Cost-effectiveness analysis of oral fentanyl formulations for breakthrough cancer pain treatment. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179523 pubmed publisher..The study is the first that assesses the different impact in terms of cost and effectiveness of OFFs, providing new information to better allocate the resources available to treat BTcP and highlighting the need of better data. ..
- Beretta S, Carone D, Zanchi C, Bianchi E, Pirovano M, Trentini C, et al. Long-term applicability of the new ILAE definition of epilepsy. Results from the PRO-LONG study. Epilepsia. 2017;58:1518-1523 pubmed publisher..Our results support the applicability of the new epilepsy definition in clinical practice. Individual patient characteristics and a personalized diagnostic approach can justify treatment after a single unprovoked seizure. ..
- Lissoni P, Rovelli F, Malugani F, Brivio F, Fumagalli L, Gardani G. Changes in circulating VEGF levels in relation to clinical response during chemotherapy for metastatic cancer. Int J Biol Markers. 2003;18:152-5 pubmed..05). These results suggest that changes in VEGF levels during chemotherapy may represent a useful biomarker to predict the effect of chemotherapy in terms of tumor response and survival in patients with metastatic solid neoplasms. ..
- Zoia C, Cogliati T, Tagliabue E, Cavaletti G, Sala G, Galimberti G, et al. Glutamate transporters in platelets: EAAT1 decrease in aging and in Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2004;25:149-57 pubmed..Platelet glutamate transporters may be used as peripheral markers to investigate the role of glutamate in patients with neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Radaelli A, Cazzaniga M, Viola A, Balestri G, Janetti M, Signorini M, et al. Enhanced baroreceptor control of the cardiovascular system by polyunsaturated Fatty acids in heart failure patients. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006;48:1600-6 pubmed..Dietary PUFA supplementation markedly potentiates baroreflex function and enhances heart rate variability in patients with stable congestive heart failure. ..
- Citerio G, Gaini S, Tomei G, Stocchetti N. Management of 350 aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhages in 22 Italian neurosurgical centers. Intensive Care Med. 2007;33:1580-6 pubmed..Following SAH early treatment and careful intensive care management requires the careful coordination of the various clinical specialties. ..
- Locatelli A, Andreani M, Ghidini A, Verderio M, Pizzardi A, Vergani P, et al. Amnioinfusion in preterm PROM: effects on amnion and cord histology. J Perinatol. 2008;28:97-101 pubmed..TA was not associated with identifiable effects on the histologic features of A or UC. A and UC histology is not significantly affected by exposure to saline solution even for prolonged periods of time. ..
- Dander E, Li Pira G, Biagi E, Perseghin P, Renoldi G, Gaipa G, et al. Characterization of migratory activity and cytokine profile of helper and cytotoxic CMV-specific T-cell lines expanded by a selective peptide library. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:473-85 pubmed publisher..This strategy allows expansion of effector T cells capable to exert CD8 and CD4-mediated immune functions and, thus, is suitable for clinical use. ..
- Grasselli G, Foti G, Patroniti N, Giuffrida A, Cortinovis B, Zanella A, et al. A case of ARDS associated with influenza A - H1N1 infection treated with extracorporeal respiratory support. Minerva Anestesiol. 2009;75:741-5 pubmed..The patient was discharged from the ICU 34 days after admission. In this case, ECMO was life-saving and made the inter-hospital transfer of the patient possible...
- Bellelli G, Mazzola P, Corsi M, Zambon A, Corrao G, Castoldi G, et al. The combined effect of ADL impairment and delay in time from fracture to surgery on 12-month mortality: an observational study in orthogeriatric patients. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012;13:664.e9-664.e14 pubmed publisher..27) than patients in the reference group. Patients with both pre-fracture disability and delayed HF surgical treatment had a nearly six-fold increased 12-month mortality risk than did patients with neither disability nor delayed surgery. ..
- Francois S, D Orlando C, Fatone T, Touvier T, Pessina P, Meneveri R, et al. Necdin enhances myoblasts survival by facilitating the degradation of the mediator of apoptosis CCAR1/CARP1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43335 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data shed new light on the molecular mechanism of necdin anti-apoptotic activity in myogenesis...
- Miglior S, Bertuzzi F. Exfoliative glaucoma: new evidence in the pathogenesis and treatment. Prog Brain Res. 2015;221:233-41 pubmed publisher..Laser trabeculoplasty has been demonstrated to show good clinical outcomes in PXF patients. A review of the current literature and scientific evidences on pathogenesis and treatment is presented. ..
- Coticchio G, Dal Canto M, Fadini R, Mignini Renzini M, Guglielmo M, Miglietta S, et al. Ultrastructure of human oocytes after in vitro maturation. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:110-8 pubmed publisher..Not applicable. This study was independently funded by Biogenesi Reproductive Medicine Centre, Monza, Italy. All authors declare that their participation in the study did not involve factual or potential conflicts of interests. ..
- Zincone A, Landi A, Piolti R, Appollonio I, Mariani C, Pezzoli G, et al. Physiologic study of the subthalamic volume. Neurol Sci. 2001;22:111-2 pubmed..In fact, the stimulation of this volume obtains reduction of PD symptoms comparable to Stn. ..
- Sangiorgio V, Pitto M, Palestini P, Masserini M. GPI-anchored proteins and lipid rafts. Ital J Biochem. 2004;53:98-111 pubmed
- Olmi S, Erba L, Magnone S, Bertolini A, Croce E. Prospective clinical study of laparoscopic treatment of incisional and ventral hernia using a composite mesh: indications, complications and results. Hernia. 2006;10:243-7 pubmed
- Garavello W, Somigliana E, Acaia B, Gaini L, Pignataro L, Gaini R. Nasal lavage in pregnant women with seasonal allergic rhinitis: a randomized study. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2010;151:137-41 pubmed publisher..94 +/- 0.38 and 1.35 +/- 0.60 Pa/ml/s, respectively (p = 0.006). No adverse effect was reported in the active group. Nasal rinsing is a safe and effective treatment option in pregnant women with seasonal allergic rhinitis. ..
- Grassi G, Seravalle G, Quarti Trevano F, Mineo C, Lonati L, Facchetti R, et al. Reinforcement of the adrenergic overdrive in the metabolic syndrome complicated by obstructive sleep apnea. J Hypertens. 2010;28:1313-20 pubmed publisher..Thus the sympathetic activation of metabolic syndrome occurs independently on OSA. OSA, however, markedly potentiates this neuroadrenergic abnormality via a hypoxic-dependent chemoreflex activation. ..
- Sabbatini F, Bandera A, Ferrario G, Trabattoni D, Marchetti G, Franzetti F, et al. Qualitative immune modulation by interleukin-2 (IL-2) adjuvant therapy in immunological non responder HIV-infected patients. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14119 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate the possibility of a clinical role held by IL-2 in enhancing the immune function of subjects unable to achieve immune competence through cART alone. ..
- Grassi G, Buzzi S, Dell Oro R, Mineo C, Dimitriadis K, Seravalle G, et al. Structural alterations of the retinal microcirculation in the "prehypertensive" high- normal blood pressure state. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:2375-81 pubmed..The possible hemodynamic and non-hemodynamic mechanisms resposible for these structural alteations of the retinal microcirculation will be also discussed. ..
- Marin V, Cribioli E, Philip B, Tettamanti S, Pizzitola I, Biondi A, et al. Comparison of different suicide-gene strategies for the safety improvement of genetically manipulated T cells. Hum Gene Ther Methods. 2012;23:376-86 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the faster activity of iCasp9 might be advantageous in treating certain types of acutely life-threatening toxicity. Codon-optimized CD20 has potential as a suicide gene. ..
- Shive C, Mudd J, Funderburg N, Sieg S, Kyi B, Bazdar D, et al. Inflammatory cytokines drive CD4+ T-cell cycling and impaired responsiveness to interleukin 7: implications for immune failure in HIV disease. J Infect Dis. 2014;210:619-29 pubmed publisher..Induction of CD4(+) T-cell turnover and diminished T-cell responsiveness to IL-7 by IL-1? and IL-6 exposure may contribute to the lack of CD4(+) T-cell reconstitution in treated HIV-infected subjects. ..
- Parini R, Jones S, Harmatz P, Giugliani R, Mendelsohn N. The natural history of growth in patients with Hunter syndrome: Data from the Hunter Outcome Survey (HOS). Mol Genet Metab. 2016;117:438-46 pubmed publisher..749 [1.195-2.562]), but not reduced height. Unlike some other MPS disorders, there is no evidence at present for predicting disease severity in patients with Hunter syndrome based on changes in growth characteristics. ..
- Mattavelli I, Patuzzo R, Torri V, Gallino G, Maurichi A, Lamera M, et al. Prognostic factors in Merkel cell carcinoma patients undergoing sentinel node biopsy. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1536-1541 pubmed publisher..03). Presence of residual tumor in the specimen of the wide local excision is the main prognostic factor in MCC patients. ..
- Longoni M, Grond Ginsbach C, Grau A, Genius J, Debette S, Schwaninger M, et al. The ICAM-1 E469K gene polymorphism is a risk factor for spontaneous cervical artery dissection. Neurology. 2006;66:1273-5 pubmed..An association between sCAD and EE genotype was confirmed (odds ratio 3.16; p < 0.01), indicating that a proinflammatory predisposition is a risk factor for sCAD. ..
- Lissoni P, Barni S, Paolorossi F, Crispino S, Rovelli F, Ferri L, et al. Evidence for altered opioid activity in patients with cancer. Br J Cancer. 1987;56:834-7 pubmed
- Ciardo A, Garavello W, Rossetti A, Manghisi P, Merola S, Gaini R. The reversed ipsilateral acoustic reflex: clinical features and kinetic analysis. Acta Otolaryngol. 2003;123:65-70 pubmed..It can be observed in different diseases, all of which result from inactivity of the stapedial reflex (SR). We aimed to investigate the occurrence of the RIAR in different diseases...
- Gaipa G, Dassi M, Perseghin P, Venturi N, Corti P, Bonanomi S, et al. Allogeneic bone marrow stem cell transplantation following CD34+ immunomagnetic enrichment in patients with inherited metabolic storage diseases. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2003;31:857-60 pubmed..5 x 10(6)/kg of CD34+ cells was infused. All patients engrafted at a median time of 12 days and none of the patients developed GVHD. This method is technically feasible and can be successfully used to transplant children with IMSD...
- Cavaletti G, Bogliun G, Marzorati L, Zincone A, Piatti M, Colombo N, et al. Grading of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neurotoxicity using the Total Neuropathy Scale. Neurology. 2003;61:1297-300 pubmed..The authors concluded that the TNS and TNSr can be used to assess the severity of CIPN effectively, and the results of this evaluation can be reliably correlated with the oncologic grading of sensory peripheral neurotoxicity. ..
- Locatelli A, Zagarella A, Toso L, Assi F, Ghidini A, Biffi A. Serial assessment of amniotic fluid index in uncomplicated term pregnancies: prognostic value of amniotic fluid reduction. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2004;15:233-6 pubmed..A sonographic diagnosis of oligohydramnios carries an increased risk of adverse perinatal outcome, even in low-risk pregnancies after 40 weeks. The trend in amniotic fluid volume reduction does not seem to have prognostic significance. ..
- Garavello W, Gaini R. Incidence of inverted papilloma in recurrent nasal polyposis. Laryngoscope. 2006;116:221-3 pubmed..The occurrence of inverted papilloma in unremarkable recurrent cases of nasal polyps is rare. This rate is similar to the one observed in patients undergoing first surgery. ..
- Barisani D, Ceroni S, Meneveri R, Cesana B, Bardella M. IL-10 polymorphisms are associated with early-onset celiac disease and severe mucosal damage in patients of Caucasian origin. Genet Med. 2006;8:169-74 pubmed
- Galbussera A, Tremolizzo L, Tagliabue E, Ceresa C, Cilia R, Ruffmann C, et al. Third cranial nerve palsy? Look for a sicca syndrome. J Neurol Sci. 2007;253:88-9 pubmed..Therefore, we suggest that SS should be considered in apparently idiopathic 3rd cranial nerve palsies, since, with the appropriate treatment, they might be transient and reversible. ..
- Tartari C, Gunby R, Coluccia A, Sottocornola R, Cimbro B, Scapozza L, et al. Characterization of some molecular mechanisms governing autoactivation of the catalytic domain of the anaplastic lymphoma kinase. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3743-50 pubmed..Together, our findings indicate that phosphorylation of the first tyrosine of the YXXXYY motif is necessary for the autoactivation of the ALK kinase domain and the transforming activity of NPM/ALK. ..
- Genovesi S, Dossi C, Viganò M, Galbiati E, Prolo F, Stella A, et al. Electrolyte concentration during haemodialysis and QT interval prolongation in uraemic patients. Europace. 2008;10:771-7 pubmed publisher..These findings may have important implications for the choice of the electrolytes concentration of the dialysis bath during the HD session. ..
- Perseghin P, Terruzzi E, Dassi M, Baldini V, Parma M, Coluccia P, et al. Management of poor peripheral blood stem cell mobilization: incidence, predictive factors, alternative strategies and outcome. A retrospective analysis on 2177 patients from three major Italian institutions. Transfus Apher Sci. 2009;41:33-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, we investigated the fate of those who failed a first mobilization and subsequently underwent a second attempt or alternative therapeutic approaches. ..
- Patroniti N, Bellani G, Cortinovis B, Foti G, Maggioni E, Manfio A, et al. Role of absolute lung volume to assess alveolar recruitment in acute respiratory distress syndrome patients. Crit Care Med. 2010;38:1300-7 pubmed publisher..Functional residual capacity is affected by PEEP. Ignoring this effect leads to relevant underestimation of alveolar recruitment as measure by pressure-volume curve displacement. ..
- Chiuminatto U, Gosetti F, Dossetto P, Mazzucco E, Zampieri D, Robotti E, et al. Automated online solid phase extraction ultra high performance liquid chromatography method coupled with tandem mass spectrometry for determination of forty-two therapeutic drugs and drugs of abuse in human urine. Anal Chem. 2010;82:5636-45 pubmed publisher..The whole procedure was applied in the analysis of urine of patients positive to the I level screening test. ..
- Giuliani G, Grossi F, De Marinis F, Walzer S. Cost-effectiveness analysis of bevacizumab versus pemetrexed for advanced non-squamous NSCLC in Italy. Lung Cancer. 2010;69 Suppl 1:S11-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, bevacizumab-based therapy can be considered as a cost-effective option when compared to chemotherapy treatments such as pemetrexed for the treatment for advanced non-squamous NSCLC. ..
- Buda A, Elisei F, Arosio M, Dolci C, Signorelli M, Perego P, et al. Integration of hybrid single-photon emission computed tomography/computed tomography in the preoperative assessment of sentinel node in patients with cervical and endometrial cancer: our experience and literature review. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012;22:830-5 pubmed publisher
- Dal Canto M, Coticchio G, Mignini Renzini M, De Ponti E, Novara P, Brambillasca F, et al. Cleavage kinetics analysis of human embryos predicts development to blastocyst and implantation. Reprod Biomed Online. 2012;25:474-80 pubmed publisher..Conventional observation times on day 2 and 3 are appropriate for accurate embryo evaluation. ..
- Stella G, Luisetti M, Pozzi E, Comoglio P. Oncogenes in non-small-cell lung cancer: emerging connections and novel therapeutic dynamics. Lancet Respir Med. 2013;1:251-61 pubmed publisher..This paradigmatic shift in tailoring therapies should effectively improve outcomes for patients. ..
- Bernasconi D, Rebora P, Iacobelli S, Valsecchi M, Antolini L. Survival probabilities with time-dependent treatment indicator: quantities and non-parametric estimators. Stat Med. 2016;35:1032-48 pubmed publisher..The method is also extended to deal with a fixed landmark time of interest. ..
- Mussa A, Di Candia S, Russo S, Catania S, De Pellegrin M, Di Luzio L, et al. Recommendations of the Scientific Committee of the Italian Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome Association on the diagnosis, management and follow-up of the syndrome. Eur J Med Genet. 2016;59:52-64 pubmed publisher..In this article, we provide the first comprehensive recommendations on the complex management of patients with Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. ..
- Maggiolini S, Gentile G, Farina A, DE Carlini C, Lenatti L, Meles E, et al. Safety, Efficacy, and Complications of Pericardiocentesis by Real-Time Echo-Monitored Procedure. Am J Cardiol. 2016;117:1369-74 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, echocardiography-guided pericardiocentesis under continuous visualization is effective, safe, and easy to perform, even in hospitals with low volumes of procedures with or without cardiac surgery. ..
- Locatelli F, Bernardo M, Bertaina A, Rognoni C, Comoli P, Rovelli A, et al. Efficacy of two different doses of rabbit anti-T-lymphocyte globulin to prevent graft-versus-host disease in children with haematological malignancies transplanted from an unrelated donor: a multicentre, randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1126-1136 pubmed publisher..Future randomised studies will continue to aim to optimise patient outcome and strategies to prevent acute GVHD occurrence. Fresenius/Neovii Biotech. ..
- Mascaretti L, James V, Barbara J, Cardenas J, Blagoevska M, Haracić M, et al. Comparative analysis of national regulations concerning blood safety across Europe. Transfus Med. 2004;14:105-12 pubmed
- Garavello W, Gaini R. Histopathology of routine nasal polypectomy specimens: a review of 2,147 cases. Laryngoscope. 2005;115:1866-8 pubmed..Future cost effectiveness analyses are required to clarify whether routine histology is a cost effective strategy. ..
- Corengia C, Galimberti S, Bovo G, Vergani A, Arosio C, Mariani R, et al. Iron accumulation in chronic hepatitis C: relation of hepatic iron distribution, HFE genotype, and disease course. Am J Clin Pathol. 2005;124:846-53 pubmed..HFE mutations favor both processes, but other factors, genetic or acquired, are involved. ..
- Ardizzoia A, Colombo I, Giordano M, Aglione S, Isa L, Scanni A, et al. Epirubicin-vinorelbine intravenous combination followed by oral vinorelbine as first-line treatment in metastatic breast cancer. Tumori. 2007;93:544-9 pubmed..Maintenance therapy with oral vinorelbine was feasible, effective, safe and well accepted by the patients...
- di Marco F, Tresoldi S, Maggiolini S, Bozzano A, Bellani G, Pesenti A, et al. Risk factors for treatment failure in patients with severe acute cardiogenic pulmonary oedema. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2008;36:351-9 pubmed..A simple score to evaluate the need for endotracheal intubation is proposed. ..
- Mancia G, Bombelli M, Facchetti R, Madotto F, Corrao G, Trevano F, et al. Long-term risk of diabetes, hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy associated with the metabolic syndrome in a general population. J Hypertens. 2008;26:1602-11 pubmed publisher..This may account for the increased rate of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality exhibited with this condition in long-term studies. ..
- Angiero F, Borloni R, Macchi M, Stefani M. Ameloblastic carcinoma of the maxillary sinus. Anticancer Res. 2008;28:3847-54 pubmed..Immunohistochemically analyzed expression of bcl-2 protein, cytokeratins CAM 5 and 6, and Ki-67/MIB-1 antigen serve to characterize the cyto-differentiation and cellular activity of ameloblastic carcinoma. ..
- Buda A, Pellegrino A, Vitobello D, Meroni M, Recalcati D, Perego P. Total laparoscopic radical parametrectomy, partial colpectomy, and pelvic lymphadenectomy in patients with occult cervical cancer. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2009;107:73-6 pubmed publisher..TLRP with pelvic lymphadenectomy is a safe and feasible treatment in patients with occult invasive cervical cancer discovered after extrafascial hysterectomy. ..
- Conter V, Bartram C, Valsecchi M, Schrauder A, Panzer Grümayer R, Möricke A, et al. Molecular response to treatment redefines all prognostic factors in children and adolescents with B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results in 3184 patients of the AIEOP-BFM ALL 2000 study. Blood. 2010;115:3206-14 pubmed publisher..MRD response detected by sensitive quantitative PCR at 2 predefined TPs is highly predictive for relapse in childhood pB-ALL. The study is registered at http://clinicaltrials.gov: NCT00430118 for BFM and NCT00613457 for AIEOP. ..
- Giordani A, Kobel W, Gally H. Overall impact of the regulatory requirements for genotoxic impurities on the drug development process. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2011;43:1-15 pubmed publisher..The final aim is that of providing a complete overview of the topic with updated available information, to address the overall GTI issue during the development of new drug substances. ..
- Grassi G, Seravalle G, Brambilla G, Mancia G. The sympathetic nervous system and new nonpharmacologic approaches to treating hypertension: a focus on renal denervation. Can J Cardiol. 2012;28:311-7 pubmed publisher..Strengths and potential limitations of the renal denervation approach are briefly addressed. ..
- Bajetta E, Catena L, Valente M, Bianco N, Bellomo F, Bombardieri E. New perspectives in the treatment of neuroendocrine tumours. Anticancer Res. 2012;32:4193-200 pubmed..The radiotherapy option in NETs is based on radiopharmaceuticals targeting receptors over-expressed by these diseases and acting on the cell metabolism. ..
- Salvati E, Re F, Sesana S, Cambianica I, Sancini G, Masserini M, et al. Liposomes functionalized to overcome the blood-brain barrier and to target amyloid-? peptide: the chemical design affects the permeability across an in vitro model. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:1749-58 pubmed publisher..Moreover, for the first time, we prove herein the superior efficiency of covalent coupling of RI7217 versus biotin/streptavidin ligation to facilitate liposomes in overcoming the BBB in vitro. ..
- Papaemmanuil E, Rapado I, Li Y, Potter N, Wedge D, Tubio J, et al. RAG-mediated recombination is the predominant driver of oncogenic rearrangement in ETV6-RUNX1 acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Nat Genet. 2014;46:116-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, a remarkably parsimonious mutational process transforms ETV6-RUNX1-positive lymphoblasts, targeting the promoters, enhancers and first exons of genes that normally regulate B cell differentiation. ..
- Bonaffini P, Ippolito D, Casiraghi A, Besostri V, Franzesi C, Sironi S. Apparent diffusion coefficient maps integrated in whole-body MRI examination for the evaluation of tumor response to chemotherapy in patients with multiple myeloma. Acad Radiol. 2015;22:1163-71 pubmed publisher..05) than in nonresponders (Î” = 15%). WB-MRI with DWIBS sequences, by evaluating posttreatment changes of ADC values, might represent a complementary diagnostic tool in the assessment of response to chemotherapy in MM patients. ..
- Cavalleri V, Bettini L, Barboni C, Cereda A, Mariani M, Spinelli M, et al. Thrombocytopenia and Cornelia de Lange syndrome: Still an enigma?. Am J Med Genet A. 2016;170A:130-4 pubmed publisher..We describe the incidence of thrombocytopenia in 127 Italian CdLS patients, identifying patients with transient or persistent thrombocytopenia, but a lower incidence of true idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP). ..
- Seravalle G, Piperno A, Mariani R, Pelloni I, Facchetti R, Dell Oro R, et al. Alterations in sympathetic nerve traffic in genetic haemochromatosis before and after iron depletion therapy: a microneurographic study. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:988-95 pubmed publisher..These findings underline the importance of iron overload in modulating sympathetic activation, possibly participating at the elevated cardiovascular risk reported in HH. ..
- Fabbri A, Cossa M, Sonzogni A, Bidoli P, Canova S, Cortinovis D, et al. Thymus neuroendocrine tumors with CTNNB1 gene mutations, disarrayed ß-catenin expression, and dual intra-tumor Ki-67 labeling index compartmentalization challenge the concept of secondary high-grade neuroendocrine tumor: a paradigm shift. Virchows Arch. 2017;471:31-47 pubmed publisher..Our report challenges the concept of secondary LCNEC as an entity that develops from pre-existing AC as a result of tumor progression, suggesting a paradigm shift to the current pathogenesis of NET. ..
- Stocchetti N, Carbonara M, Citerio G, Ercole A, Skrifvars M, Smielewski P, et al. Severe traumatic brain injury: targeted management in the intensive care unit. Lancet Neurol. 2017;16:452-464 pubmed publisher..Progress in monitoring and in understanding pathophysiological mechanisms of TBI could change current management in the intensive care unit, enabling targeted interventions that could ultimately improve outcomes. ..
- Romano F, Porta A, Caprotti R, Uggeri F, Conti M, Uggeri F. Cystic liver metastases from lung adenocarcinoma: a case report. Tumori. 2004;90:525-7 pubmed..Although cystic liver metastasis are rare and a differential diagnosis difficult, the malignant nature should always be considered in the differential diagnosis of hepatic cysts to offer the patient the best treatment...
- Lissoni P. Biochemotherapy with standard chemotherapies plus the pineal hormone melatonin in the treatment of advanced solid neoplasms. Pathol Biol (Paris). 2007;55:201-4 pubmed..These results confirm in human the anticancer therapeutic properties of the pineal hormone MLT, which may enhance the efficacy of the standard anticancer chemotherapies. ..
- Avalli L, Maggioni E, Formica F, Redaelli G, Migliari M, Scanziani M, et al. Favourable survival of in-hospital compared to out-of-hospital refractory cardiac arrest patients treated with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: an Italian tertiary care centre experience. Resuscitation. 2012;83:579-83 pubmed publisher..ECMO support should be considered as a resuscitation alternative in selected patients. More specifically, patients with witnessed IHCA benefit more from ECMO treatment compared to those who experience an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. ..
- Conconi D, Panzeri E, Redaelli S, Bovo G, Volante M, Viganò P, et al. DNA copy number alterations and PPARG amplification in a patient with multifocal bladder urothelial carcinoma. BMC Res Notes. 2012;5:607 pubmed publisher..2. Furthermore, a new gene, ASCL1, emerged as a potential candidate to assist PPARG in bladder carcinogenesis. ..
- Cozzaglio L, Giovenzana M, Biffi R, Cobianchi L, Coniglio A, Framarini M, et al. Surgical management of duodenal stump fistula after elective gastrectomy for malignancy: an Italian retrospective multicenter study. Gastric Cancer. 2016;19:273-9 pubmed publisher..01) led to an increase in healing time. Surgery for DSF has a poor prognosis. Our data will help to identify patients at risk of death, but unfortunately could not establish the best surgical procedure applicable to all cases of DSF. ..
- Stabile G, de Ruvo E, Grimaldi M, Rovaris G, Soldati E, Anselmino M, et al. Safety and efficacy of pulmonary vein isolation using a circular, open-irrigated mapping and ablation catheter: A multicenter registry. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:1782-8 pubmed publisher..Procedural and fluoroscopy times and success rates were comparable with other techniques, with a low complication rate. ..
- Olmi S, Scaini A, Erba L, Croce E. Use of fibrin glue (Tissucol) in laparoscopic repair of abdominal wall defects: preliminary experience. Surg Endosc. 2007;21:409-13 pubmed..Consequently, laparoscopic treatment of small to medium-sized abdominal defects using this approach is our therapeutic option of choice. ..
- Bidoli P, Cortinovis D, Colombo I, Crippa A, Cicchiello F, Villa F, et al. Isotretinoin plus clindamycin seem highly effective against severe erlotinib-induced skin rash in advanced non-small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2010;5:1662-3 pubmed publisher..No rash-treatment adverse events occurred during 20 days of administration. Isotretinoin plus clindamycin promises to be the first effective treatment for erlotinib rash and is being tested further. ..
- Re F, Gregori M, Masserini M. Nanotechnology for neurodegenerative disorders. Maturitas. 2012;73:45-51 pubmed publisher..Finally, their potential neurotoxicity is discussed, and future nanotechnological approaches are described. ..
- Piazza R, Magistroni V, Mogavero A, Andreoni F, Ambrogio C, Chiarle R, et al. Epigenetic silencing of the proapoptotic gene BIM in anaplastic large cell lymphoma through an MeCP2/SIN3a deacetylating complex. Neoplasia. 2013;15:511-22 pubmed
- Tatton Brown K, Seal S, Ruark E, Harmer J, Ramsay E, Del Vecchio Duarte S, et al. Mutations in the DNA methyltransferase gene DNMT3A cause an overgrowth syndrome with intellectual disability. Nat Genet. 2014;46:385-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, DNMT3A joins an emerging group of epigenetic DNA- and histone-modifying genes associated with both developmental growth disorders and hematological malignancies. ..
- Elli L, Tomba C, Branchi F, Roncoroni L, Lombardo V, Bardella M, et al. Evidence for the Presence of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity in Patients with Functional Gastrointestinal Symptoms: Results from a Multicenter Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Gluten Challenge. Nutrients. 2016;8:84 pubmed publisher..Taking into account this finding, about 14% of patients responding to gluten withdrawal showed a symptomatic relapse during the gluten challenge. This group is suspected to have NCGS. ..
- Grassi G, Seravalle G, Bertinieri G, Stella M, Turri C, Mancia G. Sympathetic response to ventricular extrasystolic beats in hypertension and heart failure. Hypertension. 2002;39:886-91 pubmed..This may represent an important factor for the genesis of the life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias that characterize CHF. ..
- Mancia G, Facchetti R, Parati G, Zanchetti A. Visit-to-visit blood pressure variability in the European Lacidipine Study on Atherosclerosis: methodological aspects and effects of antihypertensive treatment. J Hypertens. 2012;30:1241-51 pubmed publisher..Interindividual BP variability during treatment shows marked quantitative differences with intraindividual BP variability questioning whether its use can accurately reflect individual BP variations from one visit to another. ..
- Romanello M, Zampieri S, Bortolotti N, Deroma L, Sechi A, Fiumara A, et al. Comprehensive Evaluation of Plasma 7-Ketocholesterol and Cholestan-3Î²,5Î±,6Î²-Triol in an Italian Cohort of Patients Affected by Niemann-Pick Disease due to NPC1 and SMPD1 Mutations. Clin Chim Acta. 2016;455:39-45 pubmed publisher..Both oxysterols are significantly elevated in NPB patients; thus a differential diagnosis should always be performed in patients presenting isolated hepatosplenomegaly, a common clinical sign of both NPCD and NPBD. ..
- Mariani R, Pelucchi S, Arosio C, Coletti S, Pozzi M, Paolini V, et al. Genetic and metabolic factors are associated with increased hepatic iron stores in a selected population of p.Cys282Tyr heterozygotes. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2010;44:159-63 pubmed publisher..Cys282Tyr heterozygotes. Our results also highlights the influence of metabolic alterations on serum iron indices and pattern of hepatic iron accumulation. ..