Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Milano, Lombardy, Italy
Locale: Milano, Lombardy, Italy
Publications550 found, 100 shown here
- Forloni G, Salmona M, Marcon G, Tagliavini F. Tetracyclines and prion infectivity. Infect Disord Drug Targets. 2009;9:23-30 pubmed..This article analyzes the development of tetracyclines as a therapeutic tool in TSE in the light of recent results obtained in our laboratories. ..
- Guazzi M, Boracchi P, Arena R, Myers J, Vicenzi M, Peberdy M, et al. Development of a cardiopulmonary exercise prognostic score for optimizing risk stratification in heart failure: the (P)e(R)i(O)dic (B)reathing during (E)xercise (PROBE) study. J Card Fail. 2010;16:799-805 pubmed publisher..PROBE score appears to provide a step forward for optimizing CPET use in HF prognostic definition. ..
- Zecchini S, Bombardelli L, Decio A, Bianchi M, Mazzarol G, Sanguineti F, et al. The adhesion molecule NCAM promotes ovarian cancer progression via FGFR signalling. EMBO Mol Med. 2011;3:480-94 pubmed publisher..Our results point to NCAM-mediated stimulation of FGFR as a novel mechanism underlying EOC malignancy and indicate that this interplay may represent a valuable therapeutic target. ..
- Rosa M, Giannicola G, Servello D, Marceglia S, Pacchetti C, Porta M, et al. Subthalamic local field beta oscillations during ongoing deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's disease in hyperacute and chronic phases. Neurosignals. 2011;19:151-62 pubmed publisher..014). DBS-induced changes in STN beta LFPs in patients undergoing DBS in chronic phase provide useful information for developing a new neurosignal-controlled adaptive DBS system. ..
- Calabresi L, Simonelli S, Gomaraschi M, Franceschini G. Genetic lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase deficiency and cardiovascular disease. Atherosclerosis. 2012;222:299-306 pubmed publisher..This paper reviews the genetic and biochemical features of LCAT deficiency, highlighting the absence of enhanced preclinical atherosclerosis in carriers, despite the remarkably low HDL cholesterol. ..
- Santoro R, Consolo F, Spiccia M, Piola M, Kassem S, Prandi F, et al. Feasibility of pig and human-derived aortic valve interstitial cells seeding on fixative-free decellularized animal pericardium. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2016;104:345-56 pubmed publisher..This establishes, for the first time, the feasibility of fixative-free pericardial tissue seeding with valve competent cells for derivation of tissue engineered heart valve leaflets. ..
- Petta S, Valenti L, Marra F, Grimaudo S, Tripodo C, Bugianesi E, et al. MERTK rs4374383 polymorphism affects the severity of fibrosis in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. J Hepatol. 2016;64:682-90 pubmed publisher..The rs4374383 AA genotype, associated with lower intrahepatic expression of MERTK, is protective against F2-F4 fibrosis in patients with NAFLD. The mechanism may involve modulation of HSC activation. ..
- Kong S, Tran H, Gewirtz A, McKeown Eyssen G, Fedirko V, Romieu I, et al. Serum Endotoxins and Flagellin and Risk of Colorectal Cancer in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) Cohort. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:291-301 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to better clarify these preliminary observations. ..
- Credi C, De Marco C, Molena E, Nava M, Raimondi M, Levi M, et al. Direct photo-patterning of hyaluronic acid baits onto a fouling-release perfluoropolyether surface for selective cancer cell capture and immobilization. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;62:414-22 pubmed publisher..Living cell arrays offer a higher-resolution visualization of HA-CD44 interactions and may provide a deep insight into understanding molecular mechanisms needed to develop selective therapies and diagnosis against tumor growth. ..
- Di Palma S, Corletto V, Lavarino C, Birindelli S, Pilotti S. Unilateral aneuploid dedifferentiated acinic cell carcinoma associated with bilateral-low grade diploid acinic cell carcinoma of the parotid gland. Virchows Arch. 1999;434:361-5 pubmed..Although the follow-up of the patient is very short, the aggressiveness of the tumour is shown by a recurrence in the right parotid within 4 months and by the rapid development of regional metastases. ..
- Benelli C, Roscetti E, Dal Pozzo V. Reproducibility of a dermoscopic method (7FFM) for the diagnosis of malignant melanoma. Eur J Dermatol. 2000;10:110-4 pubmed..The method showed a mean percentage of concordance of 85.7%, median 88%, a mean K value of 0.699, median 0.684. These data point to a good agreement level. Our method shows good reproducibility after a short training program. ..
- Ferretti G, Curigliano G, Pastorino U, Cittadini A, Flamini G, Calabro M, et al. Detection by denaturant gradient gel electrophoresis of tumor-specific mutations in biopsies and relative bronchoalveolar lavage fluid from resectable non-small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2000;6:2393-400 pubmed..8% test accuracy. The method proposed demonstrated to be specific, accurate, and at relatively low cost but limited by low sensitivity in detecting the presence of neoplastic cells in patients with resectable non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Fermo I, Arcelloni C, Paroni R. High-performance liquid chromatographic method to quantify total cysteine excretion in urine. Anal Biochem. 2002;307:181-3 pubmed
- Catania A, Gatti S, Colombo G, Lipton J. Targeting melanocortin receptors as a novel strategy to control inflammation. Pharmacol Rev. 2004;56:1-29 pubmed..However, design and synthesis of new MCR ligands with selective chemical properties are already in progress. This review examines how marshaling MCR could control inflammation. ..
- Rossetti F, Rizzolio F, Pramparo T, Sala C, Bione S, Bernardi F, et al. A susceptibility gene for premature ovarian failure (POF) maps to proximal Xq28. Eur J Hum Genet. 2004;12:829-34 pubmed..By comparison with other deletions in the region, we map a susceptibility gene for POF to 4.5 Mb, in the distal part of Xq. ..
- Conese M, Auriche C, Ascenzioni F. Gene therapy progress and prospects: episomally maintained self-replicating systems. Gene Ther. 2004;11:1735-41 pubmed..The studies reported validate the use of episomal vectors to obtain stable and prolonged gene expression, although reveal some limitations that necessitate additional work...
- Chiapparini L, Zorzi G, De Simone T, Maccagnano C, Seaman B, Savoiardo M, et al. Persistent fixed torticollis due to Atlanto-axial rotatory fixation: report of 4 pediatric cases. Neuropediatrics. 2005;36:45-9 pubmed..AARF must be considered in all the patients with persistent painful torticollis. ..
- Valenti L, Pulixi E, Fracanzani A, Dongiovanni P, Maggioni M, Orsatti A, et al. TNFalpha genotype affects TNFalpha release, insulin sensitivity and the severity of liver disease in HCV chronic hepatitis. J Hepatol. 2005;43:944-50 pubmed..TNFalpha genotype modulates the activity of the TNFalpha pathway, influences insulin sensitivity and the severity of HCV chronic hepatitis. ..
- Meazza C, Bisogno G, Casanova M, Zanetti I, Carli M, Ferrari A. Full-dose ifosfamide can be safely administered to outpatients. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2008;50:375-8 pubmed
- Orsi A, Fioriti L, Chiesa R, Sitia R. Conditions of endoplasmic reticulum stress favor the accumulation of cytosolic prion protein. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:30431-8 pubmed..These studies reveal a link between ER stress and the formation of cytosolic PrP isoforms potentially endowed with novel signaling or cytotoxic functions. ..
- Crotti A, Lusic M, Lupo R, Lievens P, Liboi E, Della Chiara G, et al. Naturally occurring C-terminally truncated STAT5 is a negative regulator of HIV-1 expression. Blood. 2007;109:5380-9 pubmed..Thus, the constitutively activated STAT5 Delta present in the leukocytes of most HIV-positive individuals acts as a negative regulator of HIV expression. ..
- Lattanzio R, Ramoni A, Scotti F, Introini U. Macular hole and intravitreal injection of triamcinolone acetonide for macular edema due to central retinal vein occlusion. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2007;17:451-3 pubmed..To report a case of macular hole progression after intravitreal injection of triamcinolone acetonide (IVTA) for chronic macular edema secondary to nonischemic central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO)...
- Riva D, Chiapparini L, Pollo B, Balestrini M, Massimino M, Milani N. A case of pediatric tumefactive demyelinating lesion misdiagnosed and treated as glioblastoma. J Child Neurol. 2008;23:944-7 pubmed publisher..This article reports a 10-year-old girl who underwent surgery for a left parietal lesion misinterpreted as a glioblastoma which subsequently proved to be a case of giant plaque. ..
- Zorzi G, Zibordi F, Garavaglia B, Nardocci N. Early onset primary dystonia. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2009;13:488-92 pubmed publisher..At least other two loci have been mapped, but there remains a large number of patients with EO-PD in whom no genetic alteration is discovered. ..
- Bellomi M, Viotti S, Preda L, D Andrea G, Bonello L, Petralia G. Perfusion CT in solid body-tumours. Part II: Clinical applications and future development. Radiol Med. 2010;115:858-74 pubmed publisher..Increased clinical application is desirable, especially in relation to a wider use of antiangiogenic drugs. Additional and ideally multicentre studies are necessary to define the role of this technique. ..
- Ferrè S, Baldoli E, Leidi M, Maier J. Magnesium deficiency promotes a pro-atherogenic phenotype in cultured human endothelial cells via activation of NFkB. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1802:952-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that low magnesium promotes endothelial dysfunction by inducing pro-inflammatory and pro-atherogenic events. ..
- Vezzani A, Aronica E, Mazarati A, Pittman Q. Epilepsy and brain inflammation. Exp Neurol. 2013;244:11-21 pubmed publisher..Finally, we will report on the anti-inflammatory treatments with anticonvulsant actions in experimental models highlighting possible therapeutic options for treating drug-resistant seizures and for prevention of epileptogenesis. ..
- Campo L, Calisti R, Polledri E, Barretta F, Stopponi R, Massacesi S, et al. [Assessment of exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in asphalt workers by measurement of urinary 1-hydroxypyrene]. Med Lav. 2011;102:484-93 pubmed
- Triulzi T, Casalini P, Sandri M, Ratti M, Carcangiu M, Colombo M, et al. Neoplastic and stromal cells contribute to an extracellular matrix gene expression profile defining a breast cancer subtype likely to progress. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56761 pubmed publisher..These findings support the key relevance of neoplastic and stroma interaction in breast cancer progression. ..
- Albanese A, Sorbo F, Comella C, Jinnah H, Mink J, Post B, et al. Dystonia rating scales: critique and recommendations. Mov Disord. 2013;28:874-83 pubmed publisher..Existing scales for oromandibular, arm, and task-specific dystonia should be refined and fully assessed. Scales should be developed for body regions for which no scales are available, such as lower limbs and trunk...
- Avanzini P, Vaudano A, Vignoli A, Ruggieri A, Benuzzi F, Darra F, et al. Low frequency mu-like activity characterizes cortical rhythms in epilepsy due to ring chromosome 20. Clin Neurophysiol. 2014;125:239-49 pubmed publisher..Such link suggests a sensory-motor system dysfunction in [r(20)] patients. ..
- Bontempi L, Vassanelli F, Ashofair N, Inama L, MariggiÃ² D, Cerini M, et al. The novel active fixation coronary sinus lead: efficacy and safety of transvenous extraction procedure. Europace. 2016;18:301-3 pubmed publisher..The rotation manoeuvre was effective when combined with moderate traction of the lead itself. ..
- Necchi A, Lo Vullo S, Mariani L, Raggi D, Giannatempo P, Calareso G, et al. An open-label, single-arm, phase 2 study of the Aurora kinase A inhibitor alisertib in patients with advanced urothelial cancer. Invest New Drugs. 2016;34:236-42 pubmed publisher..There were 2 treatment-related deaths. The study did not meet the primary EP, yet sustained disease control was obtained in about 14% of patients. The incidence of AE and the issue of patient selection are two major concerns. ..
- Khera A, Won H, Peloso G, O Dushlaine C, Liu D, Stitziel N, et al. Association of Rare and Common Variation in the Lipoprotein Lipase Gene With Coronary Artery Disease. JAMA. 2017;317:937-946 pubmed publisher..However, further research is needed to assess whether there are causal mechanisms by which heterozygous lipoprotein lipase deficiency could lead to coronary artery disease. ..
- Benedetti F, Barbini B, Campori E, Fulgosi M, Pontiggia A, Colombo C. Sleep phase advance and lithium to sustain the antidepressant effect of total sleep deprivation in bipolar depression: new findings supporting the internal coincidence model?. J Psychiatr Res. 2001;35:323-9 pubmed
- Sforza C, Colombo A, Turci M, Grassi G, Ferrario V. Induced oral breathing and craniocervical postural relations: an experimental study in healthy young adults. Cranio. 2004;22:21-6 pubmed..0083). In conclusion, induced oral respiration may have a significant role in the alteration of head and craniocervical posture, but the effect was highly variable...
- Ferrari A, Grosso F, Stacchiotti S, Meazza C, Zaffignani E, Marchiano A, et al. Response to vinorelbine and low-dose cyclophosphamide chemotherapy in two patients with desmoplastic small round cell tumor. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2007;49:864-6 pubmed
- Sacco E, Metalli D, Busti S, Fantinato S, D Urzo A, Mapelli V, et al. Catalytic competence of the Ras-GEF domain of hSos1 requires intra-REM domain interactions mediated by phenylalanine 577. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:6322-8 pubmed..We show that an intra-REM domain interaction, mediated by phenylalanine 577, is required to allow interaction of the REM domain with the catalytic core, constraining it in the active conformation. ..
- Attanasio R, Montini M, Valota M, Cortesi L, Barbò R, Biroli F, et al. An audit of treatment outcome in acromegalic patients attending our center at Bergamo, Italy. Pituitary. 2008;11:1-11 pubmed..This series seems to indicate that a multimodal approach can achieve control of disease in most patients. ..
- Campanella A, Rovelli E, Santambrogio P, Cozzi A, Taroni F, Levi S. Mitochondrial ferritin limits oxidative damage regulating mitochondrial iron availability: hypothesis for a protective role in Friedreich ataxia. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:1-11 pubmed publisher..They are consistent with the expression pattern of FtMt observed in mouse tissues, suggesting a FtMt protective role in cells characterized by defective iron homeostasis and respiration, such as in FRDA. ..
- Ansarin M, Santoro L, Cattaneo A, Massaro M, Calabrese L, Giugliano G, et al. Laser surgery for early glottic cancer: impact of margin status on local control and organ preservation. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009;135:385-90 pubmed publisher..Positive margins require further treatment; close margins may require further treatment depending on tumor characteristics. ..
- Rusconi R, Combi R, Cestele S, Grioni D, Franceschetti S, Dalprà L, et al. A rescuable folding defective Nav1.1 (SCN1A) sodium channel mutant causes GEFS+: common mechanism in Nav1.1 related epilepsies?. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:E747-60 pubmed publisher..1 epileptogenic mutants. Folding defects can be present also in families showing only mild phenotypes in which, however, severe phenotypes could emerge within a permissive genetic background. ..
- Lamiani G, Meyer E, Browning D, Moja E. [Between science and suffering: difficult conversations in healthcare]. Recenti Prog Med. 2009;100:239-46 pubmed..The positive response of participants affirms that relational learning is meaningful and needed. ..
- Dongiovanni P, Fracanzani A, Cairo G, Megazzini C, Gatti S, Rametta R, et al. Iron-dependent regulation of MDM2 influences p53 activity and hepatic carcinogenesis. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1006-17 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, iron status influences p53 activity and antioxidant response by modulating MDM2 expression. MDM2 inhibitors may enhance the antiproliferative activity of iron chelators. ..
- Zerilli F, Bonanno C, Shehi E, Amicarelli G, Adlerstein D, Makrigiorgos G. Methylation-specific loop-mediated isothermal amplification for detecting hypermethylated DNA in simplex and multiplex formats. Clin Chem. 2010;56:1287-96 pubmed publisher..MS-LAMP provides a highly specific isothermal method for methylation detection and is well suited for multiplex approaches. ..
- Dejana E. The role of wnt signaling in physiological and pathological angiogenesis. Circ Res. 2010;107:943-52 pubmed publisher..Continued progress in this field holds the potential to identify novel therapeutics for the treatment of these diseases. ..
- Magri V, Montanari E, Skerk V, Markotic A, Marras E, Restelli A, et al. Fluoroquinolone-macrolide combination therapy for chronic bacterial prostatitis: retrospective analysis of pathogen eradication rates, inflammatory findings and sexual dysfunction. Asian J Androl. 2011;13:819-27 pubmed publisher..A once-daily 750-mg dose of ciprofloxacin for 4 weeks showed enhanced eradication rates and lower inflammatory white blood cell counts compared to the 500-mg dose for 6 weeks. Our results are open to further prospective validation...
- Canazza A, Calatozzolo C, Fumagalli L, Bergantin A, Ghielmetti F, Fariselli L, et al. Increased migration of a human glioma cell line after in vitro CyberKnife irradiation. Cancer Biol Ther. 2011;12:629-33 pubmed..Our data suggests that glioma cell invasion as well as elevations of TGF-? and ?1-integrin are associated with IIR and not CIR. ..
- Neri M, Ricca A, di Girolamo I, Alcalá Franco B, Cavazzin C, Orlacchio A, et al. Neural stem cell gene therapy ameliorates pathology and function in a mouse model of globoid cell leukodystrophy. Stem Cells. 2011;29:1559-71 pubmed publisher..Combining this approach with treatments targeting the systemic disease associated with leukodystrophies may provide significant therapeutic benefit. ..
- Cattaneo D, Ripamonti D, Baldelli S, Cozzi V, Fucile S, Clementi E. Limited sampling strategies for the estimation of atazanavir daily exposure in HIV-infected patients. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2013;27:216-22 pubmed publisher..These models could be used to predict atazanavir exposure for clinic or research purposes. ..
- Bedogni G, Giannone G, Maghnie M, Giacomozzi C, Di Iorgi N, Pedicelli S, et al. Serum insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) reference ranges for chemiluminescence assay in childhood and adolescence. Data from a population of in- and out-patients. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2012;22:134-8 pubmed publisher..Age- and sex-specific IGF-I reference values. Reference values for immunometric assay of IGF-I were produced in a large sample of children and adolescents. Prediction equations were provided to automatize their calculations. ..
- Consonni M, Cafiero R, Marin D, Tettamanti M, Iadanza A, Fabbro F, et al. Neural convergence for language comprehension and grammatical class production in highly proficient bilinguals is independent of age of acquisition. Cortex. 2013;49:1252-8 pubmed publisher..These results support the neural convergence hypothesis. ..
- Brioschi M, Lento S, Tremoli E, Banfi C. Proteomic analysis of endothelial cell secretome: a means of studying the pleiotropic effects of Hmg-CoA reductase inhibitors. J Proteomics. 2013;78:346-61 pubmed publisher..The findings were validated by biochemical assays, thus confirming the effectiveness of our proteomic approach. In conclusion, this study underlines the role of proteomics for the discovery of novel and unpredictable targets of statins. ..
- Forloni G, Sclip A, Borsello T, Balducci C. The neurodegeneration in Alzheimer disease and the prion protein. Prion. 2013;7:60-5 pubmed publisher..Even more important however is the relevance of this interaction in the context of the disease, so as to develop valid therapeutic strategies. ..
- Martinelli Boneschi F, Vacchi L, Rovaris M, Capra R, Comi G. Mitoxantrone for multiple sclerosis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013;:CD002127 pubmed publisher..Assessment should also consider the present availability of alternative therapies with less severe adverse events. ..
- Esposito S, Passera S. Vaccination in patients with disorders of the muscle and neuromuscular junction. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2013;12:1341-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, annual influenza vaccination and pneumococcal vaccination are recommended for almost all patients with disorders of the muscle and neuromuscular junction. ..
- Bartoli F, Carra G, Brambilla G, Carretta D, Crocamo C, Neufeind J, et al. Association between depression and non-fatal overdoses among drug users: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2014;134:12-21 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal studies might appropriately clarify causal inference issues. Future research should address the role of depressive disorders as predictors of subsequent non-fatal overdoses. ..
- Negri G, Magini P, Milani D, Colapietro P, Rusconi D, Scarano E, et al. From Whole Gene Deletion to Point Mutations of EP300-Positive Rubinstein-Taybi Patients: New Insights into the Mutational Spectrum and Peculiar Clinical Hallmarks. Hum Mutat. 2016;37:175-83 pubmed publisher..These new data will enhance EP300-mutated cases identification highlighting distinctive features and will improve the clinical practice allowing a better genotype-phenotype correlation. ..
- Agostoni P, Doria E, Berti M, Guazzi M. [Better efficacy of K-strophanthidin versus digoxin in subjects with dilated cardiomyopathy and chronic heart insufficiency]. Cardiologia. 1992;37:323-9 pubmed..Results were comparable when digoxin was given intravenously. We conclude that both glycosides elicit an increase of the inotropic cardiac state but only K-strophanthidin improves exercise performance. ..
- Golay J, Capucci A, Arsura M, Castellano M, Rizzo V, Introna M. Expression of c-myb and B-myb, but not A-myb, correlates with proliferation in human hematopoietic cells. Blood. 1991;77:149-58 pubmed..Furthermore, our studies indicate that another member of the myb family of genes, B-myb, may also be involved in cellular proliferation, because its expression correlates with the induction of mitogenesis. ..
- De Ponti A, Sansone V, Malcherè M. Result of arthroscopic treatment of pigmented villonodular synovitis of the knee. Arthroscopy. 2003;19:602-7 pubmed..The purpose of the study is to critically examine the results of arthroscopic synovectomy in the knee affected by PVNS, to determine the safety and effectiveness of the procedure...
- Ardissino G, Bianchetti M, Braga M, Calzolari A, Dacco V, Fossalis E, et al. [Recommendations on hypertension in childhood: the Child Project]. Ital Heart J Suppl. 2004;5:398-412 pubmed
- Tedeschi A, Lorini M, Asero R. No evidence of increased serum substance P levels in chronic urticaria patients with and without demonstrable circulating vasoactive factors. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2005;30:171-5 pubmed..These results suggest that substance P does not play an important role as histamine-releasing factor in COU in general but only in occasional patients in whom it might act as a trigger of urticarial symptoms. ..
- Veglianese P, Lo Coco D, Bao Cutrona M, Magnoni R, Pennacchini D, Pozzi B, et al. Activation of the p38MAPK cascade is associated with upregulation of TNF alpha receptors in the spinal motor neurons of mouse models of familial ALS. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;31:218-31 pubmed..These findings highlight the activation of a selective intracellular signaling pathway in the motor neurons of SOD1 mutant mice, which is likely implicated in their death. ..
- Paris L, Tonutti L, Vannini C, Bazzoni G. Structural organization of the tight junctions. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1778:646-59 pubmed
- Pozzi G, Stradiotti P, Parra C, Zagra L, Sironi S, Zerbi A. Femoro-acetabular impingement: can indirect MR arthrography be considered a valid method to detect endoarticular damage? A preliminary study. Hip Int. 2009;19:386-91 pubmed..Indirect-MRa can be considered a valid method of assessing endoarticular damage related to FAI, in comparison to d-MRa. It should be performed instead of standard MR if d-MRa is not available...
- Toropova A, Toropov A, Benfenati E, Gini G. Simplified molecular input-line entry system and International Chemical Identifier in the QSAR analysis of styrylquinoline derivatives as HIV-1 integrase inhibitors. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2011;77:343-60 pubmed publisher..7715, R(m)(2) = 0.819, s = 0.329, F = 48 for the validation set. Thus, the InChI-based model is preferable. The described SMILES-based and InChI-based approaches have been checked with five random splits into the training and test sets. ..
- Sassone J, Colciago C, Marchi P, Ascardi C, Alberti L, Di Pardo A, et al. Mutant Huntingtin induces activation of the Bcl-2/adenovirus E1B 19-kDa interacting protein (BNip3). Cell Death Dis. 2010;1:e7 pubmed publisher..Our data shed light on the molecular mechanisms underlying mitochondrial dysfunction in HD and point to BNip3 as a new potential target for neuroprotective therapy in HD. ..
- Cattaneo A, Peruzzo C, Garramone G, Urso P, Ruggeri R, Carrer P, et al. Airborne particulate matter and gaseous air pollutants in residential structures in Lodi province, Italy. Indoor Air. 2011;21:489-500 pubmed publisher..5 ?m, especially in winter. Risk mitigation strategies should be focused on the reduction in indoor levels of NO? and ultrafine and fine particles, both infiltrated from outdoors and generated by indoor sources. ..
- Papiani G, Ruggiano A, Fossati M, Raimondi A, Bertoni G, Francolini M, et al. Restructured endoplasmic reticulum generated by mutant amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-linked VAPB is cleared by the proteasome. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3601-11 pubmed
- Riva D, Cazzaniga F, Esposito S, Bulgheroni S. Executive functions and cerebellar development in children. Appl Neuropsychol Child. 2013;2:97-103 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to clarify the role of the cerebellum in executive functions both in pathological or normal conditions in the developmental age. ..
- Porter J, de Witte T, Cappellini M, Gattermann N. New insights into transfusion-related iron toxicity: Implications for the oncologist. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;99:261-71 pubmed publisher..Knowledge gained from managing transfusional iron overload in inherited anemias may be translated to general oncology, with potential for improved patient outcomes. ..
- Oliviero M, Romilde I, Beatrice M, Matteo V, Giovanna N, Consuelo A, et al. Evaluations of thyme extract effects in human normal bronchial and tracheal epithelial cell lines and in human lung cancer cell line. Chem Biol Interact. 2016;256:125-33 pubmed publisher..Moreover thyme extract, evaluated in H460 lung cancer cell line, demonstrated to induce cell cytotoxicity in addition to reduce inflammatory cell signals. ..
- Cova E, Inghilleri S, Pandolfi L, Morosini M, Magni S, Colombo M, et al. Bioengineered gold nanoparticles targeted to mesenchymal cells from patients with bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome does not rise the inflammatory response and can be safely inhaled by rodents. Nanotoxicology. 2017;11:534-545 pubmed publisher..The present study proves that our bioengineered nanotools do not rise an inflammatory response and, under the tested inhalatory conditions that were used, are non-toxic. ..
- Castle J, Chalmers I, Atkinson P, Badenoch D, Oxman A, Austvoll Dahlgren A, et al. Establishing a library of resources to help people understand key concepts in assessing treatment claims-The "Critical thinking and Appraisal Resource Library" (CARL). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178666 pubmed publisher..testingtreatments.org/category/learning-resources. We hope that ready access to CARL will help to promote the critical thinking about treatment claims, needed to help improve healthcare choices. ..
- Marinozzi M, Castro Navas F, Maggioni D, Carosati E, Bocci G, Carloncelli M, et al. Side-Chain Modified Ergosterol and Stigmasterol Derivatives as Liver X Receptor Agonists. J Med Chem. 2017;60:6548-6562 pubmed publisher..51 ?M). Interestingly, 13, 19, 20, and 25 showed to be LXR target gene-selective modulators, by strongly inducing the expression of ABCA1, while poorly or not activating the lipogenic genes SREBP1 and SCD1 or FASN, respectively. ..
- Marchesi F, Monestiroli S, Capillo M, Gobbi A, Minucci S, Pelicci P, et al. Eosinophilic crystals as a distinctive morphologic feature of a hyaline droplet nephropathy in a mouse model of acute myelogenous leukaemia. J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med. 2003;50:103-7 pubmed..On the basis of our results we hypothesize that the detection of the Ym1/Ym2 proteins in the urine of mice might represent a feasible indicator of the burden and progression of the leukaemic condition in our murine model...
- Pupa S, Argraves W, Forti S, Casalini P, Berno V, Agresti R, et al. Immunological and pathobiological roles of fibulin-1 in breast cancer. Oncogene. 2004;23:2153-60 pubmed..Taken together, our findings of an Fbln-1-specific immunity and the improved survival associated with Fbln-1 expression in the presence of lymphoid infiltration point to a role of Fbln-1 in tumour immunosurveillance. ..
- Monti S, Galimberti V, Trifiro G, De Cicco C, Peradze N, Brenelli F, et al. Occult breast lesion localization plus sentinel node biopsy (SNOLL): experience with 959 patients at the European Institute of Oncology. Ann Surg Oncol. 2007;14:2928-31 pubmed
- Bonza M, Luoni L. Plant and animal type 2B Ca2+-ATPases: evidence for a common auto-inhibitory mechanism. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:4783-8 pubmed publisher..Results show that the regulatory function of the terminal domain is independent from its position in ACA8 and that the regulatory domain belonging to PMCA4b is able to at least partially auto-inhibit ACA8. ..
- Colotta F, Dower S, Sims J, Mantovani A. The type II 'decoy' receptor: a novel regulatory pathway for interleukin 1. Immunol Today. 1994;15:562-6 pubmed..Here, Francesco Colotta and colleagues review the properties of these receptors and summarize evidence indicating that the type II receptor acts as a regulated decoy target for IL-1. ..
- Palazzi M, Cerrotta A, Villa S. Altered fractionation radiotherapy in lung cancer. Tumori. 1998;84:171-5 pubmed..In the palliative setting, hypofractionation should be considered standard treatment...
- Fortis C, Biswas P, Soldini L, Veglia F, Careddu A, Delfanti F, et al. Dual role of TNF-alpha in NK/LAK cell-mediated lysis of chronically HIV-infected U1 cells. Concomitant enhancement of HIV expression and sensitization of cell-mediated lysis. Eur J Immunol. 1999;29:3654-62 pubmed..Of interest, anti-TNF-alpha Ab protected U1 cells from LAK cell activity. Thus, TNF-alpha can induce HIV expression from chronically infected U1 cells, but also plays an important role in sensitizing these cells to lysis. ..
- Intini D, Baldini L, Fabris S, Lombardi L, Ciceri G, Maiolo A, et al. Analysis of FGFR3 gene mutations in multiple myeloma patients with t(4;14). Br J Haematol. 2001;114:362-4 pubmed..The Arg248Cys mutation, which is associated with some lethal forms of skeletal disorders, was found in one case with t(4;14). Our results indicate that FGFR3 mutations occur in only a small fraction of MM cases with t(4;14). ..