Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis in Milano, Lombardy, Italy
Locale: Milano, Lombardy, Italy
- Luoni L, Meneghelli S, Bonza M, DeMichelis M. Auto-inhibition of Arabidopsis thaliana plasma membrane Ca2+-ATPase involves an interaction of the N-terminus with the small cytoplasmic loop. FEBS Lett. 2004;574:20-4 pubmed..These results provide the first functional identification of a site of intramolecular interaction with the terminal auto-inhibitory domain of type IIB Ca2+-ATPases. ..
- Calvenzani V, Testoni B, Gusmaroli G, Lorenzo M, Gnesutta N, Petroni K, et al. Interactions and CCAAT-binding of Arabidopsis thaliana NF-Y subunits. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42902 pubmed publisher..Because of the general expansion of NF-Y genes in plants, these results most likely apply to other species. ..
- Dorca Fornell C, Gregis V, Grandi V, Coupland G, Colombo L, Kater M. The Arabidopsis SOC1-like genes AGL42, AGL71 and AGL72 promote flowering in the shoot apical and axillary meristems. Plant J. 2011;67:1006-17 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal roles for AGL42, AGL71 and AGL72 in the floral transition, demonstrate their genetic interactions with SOC1 and suggest that their roles differ in the apical and axillary meristems...
- Conti L, Nelis S, Zhang C, Woodcock A, Swarup R, Galbiati M, et al. Small Ubiquitin-like Modifier protein SUMO enables plants to control growth independently of the phytohormone gibberellin. Dev Cell. 2014;28:102-10 pubmed publisher..We conclude that plants have developed a GA-independent mechanism to control growth. ..
- Tarantino D, Casagrande F, Soave C, Murgia I. Knocking out of the mitochondrial AtFer4 ferritin does not alter response of Arabidopsis plants to abiotic stresses. J Plant Physiol. 2010;167:453-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the ATFER4 ferritin role in counteracting the environmental or developmental oxidative conditions in Arabidopsis plants is ancillary to that of the other isoforms, regardless of its mitochondrial localization. ..
- Favaro R, Pinyopich A, Battaglia R, Kooiker M, Borghi L, Ditta G, et al. MADS-box protein complexes control carpel and ovule development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2003;15:2603-11 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that the SEP proteins, which are known to form multimeric complexes in the control of flower organ identity, also form complexes to control normal ovule development. ..
- Giacometti S, Camoni L, Albumi C, Visconti S, De Michelis M, Aducci P. Tyrosine phosphorylation inhibits the interaction of 14-3-3 proteins with the plant plasma membrane H+-ATPase. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2004;6:422-31 pubmed..Moreover, phosphorylation in planta of 14-3-3 tyrosine residues, resulting from incubation with the tyrosine phosphatase inhibitor, phenylarsine oxide, decreased their association to the H+-ATPase. ..
- Colombo M, Masiero S, Vanzulli S, Lardelli P, Kater M, Colombo L. AGL23, a type I MADS-box gene that controls female gametophyte and embryo development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2008;54:1037-48 pubmed publisher..Electron microscopy analysis revealed that this phenotype is due to the absence of chloroplasts, strongly suggesting that AGL23 is involved in controlling the biogenesis of organelles during embryo development. ..
- Brambilla V, Battaglia R, Colombo M, Masiero S, Bencivenga S, Kater M, et al. Genetic and molecular interactions between BELL1 and MADS box factors support ovule development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2544-56 pubmed..We propose a model for ovule development that explains how the balance between carpel identity activity and ovule identity activity is established by a MADS box homeodomain protein complex. ..
- Maggio C, Barbante A, Ferro F, Frigerio L, Pedrazzini E. Intracellular sorting of the tail-anchored protein cytochrome b5 in plants: a comparative study using different isoforms from rabbit and Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2007;58:1365-79 pubmed
- Rossini S, Casazza A, Engelmann E, Havaux M, Jennings R, Soave C. Suppression of both ELIP1 and ELIP2 in Arabidopsis does not affect tolerance to photoinhibition and photooxidative stress. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:1264-73 pubmed..On the basis of these results, we make a number of suggestions concerning the biological function of ELIPs. ..
- Cerana M, Bonza M, Harris R, Sanders D, De Michelis M. Abscisic acid stimulates the expression of two isoforms of plasma membrane Ca2+-ATPase in Arabidopsis thaliana seedlings. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2006;8:572-8 pubmed..ABA also increases the level of AT-ACA8 protein at the PM, suggesting a role for PM Ca (2+)-ATPases in ABA signalling. ..
- Bonza M, Morandini P, Luoni L, Geisler M, Palmgren M, De Michelis M. At-ACA8 encodes a plasma membrane-localized calcium-ATPase of Arabidopsis with a calmodulin-binding domain at the N terminus. Plant Physiol. 2000;123:1495-506 pubmed..Comparison between the sequence of At-ACA8p and those of endomembrane-localized type IIB Ca(2+)-ATPases of plants suggests that At-ACA8 is a representative of a new subfamily of plant type IIB Ca(2+)-ATPases. ..
- Suorsa M, Rossi F, Tadini L, Labs M, Colombo M, Jahns P, et al. PGR5-PGRL1-Dependent Cyclic Electron Transport Modulates Linear Electron Transport Rate in Arabidopsis thaliana. Mol Plant. 2016;9:271-288 pubmed publisher..Moreover, while pgr5 dies at the seedling stage under fluctuating light conditions, Î”5 pgr5 plants are able to survive, which underlines the importance of PGR5 in modulating the intersystem electron transfer. ..
- Bailey M, Srivastava A, Conti L, Nelis S, Zhang C, Florance H, et al. Stability of small ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO) proteases OVERLY TOLERANT TO SALT1 and -2 modulates salicylic acid signalling and SUMO1/2 conjugation in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:353-63 pubmed publisher..Accumulation of SUMO1/2 conjugates coincides with SA-promoted OTS degradation and may play a positive role in SA-mediated signalling in addition to its repressive roles reported elsewhere. ..
- Cominelli E, Galbiati M, Vavasseur A, Conti L, Sala T, Vuylsteke M, et al. A guard-cell-specific MYB transcription factor regulates stomatal movements and plant drought tolerance. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1196-200 pubmed..Our data indicate that AtMYB60 is a transcriptional modulator of physiological responses in guard cells and open new possibilities to engineering stomatal activity to help plants survive desiccation. ..
- Battaglia R, Brambilla V, Colombo L, Stuitje A, Kater M. Functional analysis of MADS-box genes controlling ovule development in Arabidopsis using the ethanol-inducible alc gene-expression system. Mech Dev. 2006;123:267-76 pubmed
- Giacometti S, Marrano C, Bonza M, Luoni L, Limonta M, De Michelis M. Phosphorylation of serine residues in the N-terminus modulates the activity of ACA8, a plasma membrane Ca2+-ATPase of Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:1215-24 pubmed publisher..The possible physiological implications of the subtle modulation of ACA8 activity by phosphorylation of its N-terminus are discussed. ..
- Vazzola V, Losa A, Soave C, Murgia I. Knockout of frataxin gene causes embryo lethality in Arabidopsis. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:667-72 pubmed
- Colombo M, Brambilla V, Marcheselli R, Caporali E, Kater M, Colombo L. A new role for the SHATTERPROOF genes during Arabidopsis gynoecium development. Dev Biol. 2010;337:294-302 pubmed publisher..In quadruple mutant flowers, the inner whorl is composed of unfused carpels which lack almost completely apical and medial tissues, a phenotype similar to the previously reported fil ant and lug ant double mutants. ..
- Gregis V, Sessa A, Colombo L, Kater M. AGAMOUS-LIKE24 and SHORT VEGETATIVE PHASE determine floral meristem identity in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2008;56:891-902 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results explain how AP1 switches from a floral meristem identity factor to a component that controls floral organ identity. ..
- Fusca T, Bonza M, Luoni L, Meneghelli S, Marrano C, De Michelis M. Single point mutations in the small cytoplasmic loop of ACA8, a plasma membrane Ca2+-ATPase of Arabidopsis thaliana, generate partially deregulated pumps. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:30881-8 pubmed publisher..The results reported in this study provide the first evidence that the small cytoplasmic loop of a type 2B Ca(2+)-ATPase plays a role in the attainment of the auto-inhibited state. ..
- Murgia I, Tarantino D, Soave C, Morandini P. Arabidopsis CYP82C4 expression is dependent on Fe availability and circadian rhythm, and correlates with genes involved in the early Fe deficiency response. J Plant Physiol. 2011;168:894-902 pubmed publisher..We propose that CYP82C4 is involved in the early Fe deficiency response, possibly through an IDE1-like mediated pathway. ..
- Matias Hernandez L, Battaglia R, Galbiati F, Rubes M, Eichenberger C, Grossniklaus U, et al. VERDANDI is a direct target of the MADS domain ovule identity complex and affects embryo sac differentiation in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2010;22:1702-15 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insights into the pathways regulated by the ovule identity factors and the role of the downstream target gene VDD in female gametophyte development. ..
- Costa A, Candeo A, Fieramonti L, Valentini G, Bassi A. Calcium dynamics in root cells of Arabidopsis thaliana visualized with selective plane illumination microscopy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75646 pubmed publisher..A relevant physiological phenomenon, namely Ca(2+) signal percolation, predicted in previous studies, has been directly visualized. ..
- Belgio E, Casazza A, Zucchelli G, Garlaschi F, Jennings R. Band shape heterogeneity of the low-energy chlorophylls of CP29: absence of mixed binding sites and excitonic interactions. Biochemistry. 2010;49:882-92 pubmed publisher..Croce, R., Cugini, D., and Sandona, D. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 96,10056-10061]. This interpretation, while in principle not being unreasonable, is shown to be incorrect for these two chls. ..
- Bonza M, Fusca T, Homann U, Thiel G, De Michelis M. Intracellular localisation of PPI1 (proton pump interactor, isoform 1), a regulatory protein of the plasma membrane H(+)-ATPase of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2009;11:869-77 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the bulk of PPI1 is localised at the endoplasmic reticulum, from which it might be recruited to the PM for interaction with the H(+)-ATPase in response to as yet unidentified signals. ..
- Zanella M, Borghi G, Pirone C, Thalmann M, Pazmino D, Costa A, et al. Î²-amylase 1 (BAM1) degrades transitory starch to sustain proline biosynthesis during drought stress. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:1819-26 pubmed publisher..We propose the transitory-starch/proline interplay as an interesting trait to be tackled by breeding technologies aimingto improve drought tolerance in relevant crops. ..