Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Brescia, Lombardy, Italy
Locale: Brescia, Lombardy, Italy
Publications230 found, 100 shown here
- Brunelli G, Spano P, Barlati S, Guarneri B, Barbon A, Bresciani R, et al. Glutamatergic reinnervation through peripheral nerve graft dictates assembly of glutamatergic synapses at rat skeletal muscle. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:8752-7 pubmed..Our data suggest that supraspinal neurons can target skeletal muscle, which retains the plasticity to generate functional glutamatergic NMJ. ..
- Calzolari M, Bonilauri P, Bellini R, Albieri A, Defilippo F, Maioli G, et al. Evidence of simultaneous circulation of West Nile and Usutu viruses in mosquitoes sampled in Emilia-Romagna region (Italy) in 2009. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14324 pubmed publisher..albopictus mosquito in USUV cycle. The described mosquito-based surveillance could constitute the foundation for a public health alert system targeting mosquito borne arboviruses. ..
- Lucchini R, Dorman D, Elder A, Veronesi B. Neurological impacts from inhalation of pollutants and the nose-brain connection. Neurotoxicology. 2012;33:838-41 pubmed publisher..An increased understanding of the neurotoxicity associated with air pollution exposure is critical to protect susceptible individuals in the workplace and the general population. ..
- Silini A, Parolini O, Huppertz B, Lang I. Soluble factors of amnion-derived cells in treatment of inflammatory and fibrotic pathologies. Curr Stem Cell Res Ther. 2013;8:6-14 pubmed..Indeed, determining the specific cascade of events that may define the role of the amnion in a given clinical situation remains a challenge...
- Bion C, Beck Henzelin A, Qu Y, Pizzocri G, Bolzoni G, Buffoli E. Analysis of 27 antibiotic residues in raw cow's milk and milk-based products--validation of DelvotestÂ® T. Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess. 2016;33:54-9 pubmed publisher..Regarding the reliability of this rapid test to milk-based preparations, additional experiments should be performed on a larger range of compounds and samples to validate the Delvotest T in such matrices. ..
- Donalisio M, Quaranta P, Chiuppesi F, Pistello M, Cagno V, Cavalli R, et al. The AGMA1 poly(amidoamine) inhibits the infectivity of herpes simplex virus in cell lines, in human cervicovaginal histocultures, and in vaginally infected mice. Biomaterials. 2016;85:40-53 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that AGMA1 is a promising candidate for the development of a topical microbicide to prevent sexually transmitted HSV infections. ..
- Agabiti Rosei E. [Structural and functional changes of the microcirculation in hypertension: influence of pharmacological therapy]. Drugs. 2003;63 Spec No 1:19-29 pubmed..However, whether improvements in microcirculatory structure and function will be associated with improved morbidity and mortality outcomes in patients with chronic hypertension has yet to be firmly established. ..
- Uberti D, Ferrari Toninelli G, Bonini S, Sarnico I, Benarese M, Pizzi M, et al. Blockade of the tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis inducing ligand death receptor DR5 prevents beta-amyloid neurotoxicity. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2007;32:872-80 pubmed..Thus, these findings may give intracellular TRAIL pathway a role in AD pathophysiology, making DR5 receptor a possible candidate as a pharmacological target. ..
- Rizzoni D, Pasini E, Flati V, Rodella L, Paiardi S, Assanelli D, et al. Angiotensin receptor blockers improve insulin signaling and prevent microvascular rarefaction in the skeletal muscle of spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Hypertens. 2008;26:1595-601 pubmed publisher..In the skeletal muscle, insulin signaling was restored by olmesartan, whereas enalapril was less effective. Effective antihypertensive treatment with olmesartan or enalapril was associated with prevention of microvascular rarefaction. ..
- Collo G, Bono F, Cavalleri L, Plebani L, Mitola S, Merlo Pich E, et al. Nicotine-induced structural plasticity in mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons is mediated by dopamine D3 receptors and Akt-mTORC1 signaling. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;83:1176-89 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that nicotine-induced structural plasticity at mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons involves ?4?2 nAChRs together with dopamine D3R-mediated recruitment of ERK/Akt-mTORC1 signaling. ..
- Marques A, Lecchi C, Grilli G, Giudice C, Nodari S, Vinco L, et al. The effect of transport stress on turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) liver acute phase proteins gene expression. Res Vet Sci. 2016;104:92-5 pubmed publisher..The finding that AGP and CRP can be upregulated during transport could suggest their use as for the assessment of turkey welfare during transport. ..
- Mazzuca P, Marsico S, Schulze K, Mitola S, Pils M, Giagulli C, et al. Role of Autophagy in HIV-1 Matrix Protein p17-Driven Lymphangiogenesis. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that specific targeting of autophagy may provide an important new tool for treating ARLs. ..
- Pizzi M, Sarnico I, Boroni F, Benarese M, Dreano M, Garotta G, et al. Prevention of neuron and oligodendrocyte degeneration by interleukin-6 (IL-6) and IL-6 receptor/IL-6 fusion protein in organotypic hippocampal slices. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2004;25:301-11 pubmed..Our results suggest that IL-6 and IL6RIL6 may prove to be valuable in treating neurodegenerative and demyelinating diseases. ..
- Gelmetti D, Gibelli L, Brocchi E, Cammarata G. Using a panel of monoclonal antibodies to detect Maedi virus (MV) in chronic pulmonary distress of sheep. J Virol Methods. 2000;88:9-14 pubmed
- Lucchini R, Cortesi I, Facco P, Benedetti L, Camerino D, Carta P, et al. [Neurotoxic effect of exposure to low doses of mercury]. Med Lav. 2002;93:202-14 pubmed
- Lanzi G, de Miranda J, Boniotti M, Cameron C, Lavazza A, Capucci L, et al. Molecular and biological characterization of deformed wing virus of honeybees (Apis mellifera L.). J Virol. 2006;80:4998-5009 pubmed publisher..The genome organization, capsid morphology, and sequence comparison data indicate that DWV is a member of the recently established genus Iflavirus...
- Lombardi G, Casalone C, D Angelo A, Gelmetti D, Torcoli G, Barbieri I, et al. Intraspecies transmission of BASE induces clinical dullness and amyotrophic changes. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000075 pubmed publisher..This study provides clear evidence of BASE as a distinct prion isolate and discloses a novel disease phenotype in cattle. ..
- Malerba M, Ragnoli B. Ambroxol in the 21st century: pharmacological and clinical update. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2008;4:1119-29 pubmed..Therefore, ambroxol's indication is 'secretolytic therapy in acute and chronic bronchopulmonary diseases associated with abnormal mucus secretion and impaired mucus transport'...
- Belleri M, Ribatti D, Savio M, Stivala L, Forti L, Tanghetti E, et al. alphavbeta3 Integrin-dependent antiangiogenic activity of resveratrol stereoisomers. Mol Cancer Ther. 2008;7:3761-70 pubmed publisher..This may have profound implications for the design of synthetic antiangiogenic/angiopreventive phytoalexin derivatives. ..
- Boniotti M, Goria M, Loda D, Garrone A, Benedetto A, Mondo A, et al. Molecular typing of Mycobacterium bovis strains isolated in Italy from 2000 to 2006 and evaluation of variable-number tandem repeats for geographically optimized genotyping. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:636-44 pubmed publisher..The allelic diversity index and the stability of single loci was evaluated to provide the most discriminative genotyping method for locally prevalent strains. ..
- Fra A, Gooptu B, Ferrarotti I, Miranda E, Scabini R, Ronzoni R, et al. Three new alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency variants help to define a C-terminal region regulating conformational change and polymerization. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38405 pubmed publisher..The new mutations cluster structurally, thus defining a region of the AAT molecule critical for regulating its conformational state. ..
- Agoni L, Basu I, Gupta S, Alfieri A, Gambino A, Goldberg G, et al. Rigosertib is a more effective radiosensitizer than cisplatin in concurrent chemoradiation treatment of cervical carcinoma, in vitro and in vivo. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014;88:1180-7 pubmed publisher..Rigosertib was more effective than cisplatin when combined with radiation and caused minimal toxicity. These data support the need for clinical trials with rigosertib in combination therapy for patients with cervical carcinoma. ..
- Cocchi E, Drago A, Serretti A. Hippocampal Pruning as a New Theory of Schizophrenia Etiopathogenesis. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:2065-2081 pubmed publisher..This early alteration may lead to a mis-structuration of neural connectivity, resulting in the different brain alteration that characterizes SKZ patients. ..
- Dusi G, Faggionato E, Gamba V, Baiguera A. Determination of nicarbazin and clopidol in poultry feeds by liquid chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2000;882:79-84 pubmed..5 mg/kg, respectively, and the lowest levels tested in feeds by this procedure were 2 mg/kg and 5 mg/kg, respectively...
- Guarienti M, Cardozo S, Borgese L, Lira G, Depero L, Bontempi E, et al. COSMOS-rice technology abrogates the biotoxic effects of municipal solid waste incinerator residues. Environ Pollut. 2016;214:713-721 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate at the biological level that the newly developed COSMOS-rice technology is an efficient and cost-effective method to process MSWI fly ash, producing a biologically safe and reusable material. ..
- Monti E, Bassi M, Papini N, Riboni M, Manzoni M, Venerando B, et al. Identification and expression of NEU3, a novel human sialidase associated to the plasma membrane. Biochem J. 2000;349:343-51 pubmed..8. Immunofluorescence staining of the transfected COS7 cells demonstrated the protein's localization in the plasma membrane. ..
- Leali D, Dell Era P, Stabile H, Sennino B, Chambers A, Naldini A, et al. Osteopontin (Eta-1) and fibroblast growth factor-2 cross-talk in angiogenesis. J Immunol. 2003;171:1085-93 pubmed..OPN-mediated recruitment of proangiogenic monocytes may represent a mechanism of amplification of FGF2-induced neovascularization during inflammation, wound healing, and tumor growth. ..
- Rodella L, Ricci F, Borsani E, Stacchiotti A, Foglio E, Favero G, et al. Aluminium exposure induces Alzheimer's disease-like histopathological alterations in mouse brain. Histol Histopathol. 2008;23:433-9 pubmed publisher..So, we hypothesise that chronic Al administration is responsible for oxidative cell damage that interferes with ER functions inducing Abeta accumulation and neurodegenerative damage. ..
- Giossi A, Pezzini A, Del Zotto E, Volonghi I, Costa P, Ferrari D, et al. Advances in antiplatelet therapy for stroke prevention: the new P2Y12 antagonists. Curr Drug Targets. 2010;11:380-91 pubmed..Whether the promising pharmacological profile of these drugs will be translated into clinical benefit for stroke patients will be determined by the results of clinical trials. ..
- Amadori M, Tameni S, Scaccaglia P, Cavirani S, Archetti I, Giandomenico R. Antibody tests for identification of Mycobacterium bovis-infected bovine herds. J Clin Microbiol. 1998;36:566-8 pubmed..Antibody was detected in sera from both types of herd, with a widely overlapping range of titers. However, a "tail" of high-titered sera was observed for the distribution of data for only those cattle from TB-infected herds. ..
- Pasini E, Cargnioni A, Pastore F, Razzetti R, Bongrani S, Gitti G, et al. Effect of nolomirole on monocrotaline-induced heart failure. Pharmacol Res. 2004;49:1-5 pubmed..These findings confirmed that nolomirole, like trandolapril, is able to attenuate the heart failure signs in the monocrotaline-induced congestive heart failure model. ..
- Villa R, Bonetti E, Penza M, Iacobello C, Bugari G, Bailo M, et al. Target-specific action of organochlorine compounds in reproductive and nonreproductive tissues of estrogen-reporter male mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2004;201:137-48 pubmed..We conclude that these organochlorines modulate differently the expression of estrogen-regulated genes in male mice. Their effect is tissue- and compound-specific and is dependent on the energetic balance. ..
- Cavadini P, Vermi W, Facchetti F, Fontana S, Nagafuchi S, Mazzolari E, et al. AIRE deficiency in thymus of 2 patients with Omenn syndrome. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:728-32 pubmed
- Valtulini S, Macchi C, Ballanti P, Cherel Y, Laval A, Theaker J, et al. Aluminium hydroxide-induced granulomas in pigs. Vaccine. 2005;23:3999-4004 pubmed..Both studies agreed in their conclusions, which indicate that the high amount of aluminium hydroxide was the cause of the granulomas. ..
- Stacchiotti A, Rodella L, Ricci F, Rezzani R, Lavazza A, Bianchi R. Stress proteins expression in rat kidney and liver chronically exposed to aluminium sulphate. Histol Histopathol. 2006;21:131-40 pubmed publisher..Their distribution in kidney and liver seems related to cumulative sublethal effects induced by metal and could be a sensitive index of Al susceptibility of these organs. ..
- Caruso A, Caselli E, Fiorentini S, Rotola A, Prandini A, Garrafa E, et al. U94 of human herpesvirus 6 inhibits in vitro angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:20446-51 pubmed publisher..The ability of U94/rep to block different angiogenetic steps may lead to approaches in the potential control of the proliferation of blood and lymphatic vessels...
- Vermi W, Soncini M, Melocchi L, Sozzani S, Facchetti F. Plasmacytoid dendritic cells and cancer. J Leukoc Biol. 2011;90:681-90 pubmed publisher..To this end, the generation of appropriate mouse models to modulate the frequency and activation state of murine PDCs will also be of remarkable importance. ..
- Parolini O, Souza Moreira L, O Valle F, Magatti M, Hernandez Cortes P, Gonzalez Rey E, et al. Therapeutic effect of human amniotic membrane-derived cells on experimental arthritis and other inflammatory disorders. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2014;66:327-39 pubmed publisher..HAMCs also protected the mice from experimental sepsis, inflammatory bowel disease, and autoimmune encephalomyelitis. HAMCs have emerged as attractive candidates for a cell-based therapy for RA. ..
- Roviello G, Sigala S, Danesi R, Re M, Bonetta A, Cappelletti M, et al. Incidence and relative risk of adverse events of special interest in patients with castration resistant prostate cancer treated with CYP-17 inhibitors: A meta-analysis of published trials. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;101:12-20 pubmed publisher..Strict monitoring of these side effects should be considered during CYP- 17 inhibitor therapy in prostate cancer patients. ..
- Urbinati C, Bugatti A, Giacca M, Schlaepfer D, Presta M, Rusnati M. alpha(v)beta3-integrin-dependent activation of focal adhesion kinase mediates NF-kappaB activation and motogenic activity by HIV-1 Tat in endothelial cells. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:3949-58 pubmed..Since Tat accumulates in an immobilized form in the extracellular matrix, these results provide new biochemical and biological insights about alpha(v)beta3/Tat interaction exploitable for the design of anti-Tat strategies. ..
- Barbon A, Gervasoni A, LaVia L, Orlandi C, Jaskolski F, Perrais D, et al. Human GluR6c, a functional splicing variants of GluR6, is mainly expressed in non-nervous cells. Neurosci Lett. 2008;434:77-82 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data indicate that hGluR6c might have unique properties in non-nervous cells and in the first stages of CNS development. ..
- Uberti D, Lanni C, Racchi M, Govoni S, Memo M. Conformationally altered p53: a putative peripheral marker for Alzheimer's disease. Neurodegener Dis. 2008;5:209-11 pubmed publisher..We also observed a strong positive correlation between the expression of p53 and the age of patients. The expression of mutant p53 did not correlate with the duration of illness and the Mini Mental State Examination scores. ..
- Salogni L, Musso T, Bosisio D, Mirolo M, Jala V, Haribabu B, et al. Activin A induces dendritic cell migration through the polarized release of CXC chemokine ligands 12 and 14. Blood. 2009;113:5848-56 pubmed publisher..This study extends the proinflammatory role of activin A to DC recruitment and provides a cautionary message about the reliability of the in vitro chemotaxis assays in discriminating direct versus indirect chemotactic agonists. ..
- Buffoli B, Borsani E, Rezzani R, Rodella L. Chronic constriction injury induces aquaporin-2 expression in the dorsal root ganglia of rats. J Anat. 2009;215:498-505 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that aquaporin-2 expression is involved in inflammatory neuropathic nerve injuries, although its precise role remains to be determined. ..
- Rodella L, Filippini F, Bonomini F, Bresciani R, Reiter R, Rezzani R. Beneficial effects of melatonin on nicotine-induced vasculopathy. J Pineal Res. 2010;48:126-32 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, melatonin is able to minimize the negative effects of nicotine by blocking the activation of ERK and the other signalling pathways in which this enzyme is involved. ..
- Missale C, Fiorentini C, Collo G, Spano P. The neurobiology of dopamine receptors: evolution from the dual concept to heterodimer complexes. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2010;30:347-54 pubmed publisher..The putative role of the D1-D3 and D1-NMDA heteromers in the physiological regulation of striatal function and in the development of motor dysfunctions will be discussed. ..
- Lelli D, Moreno A, Brocchi E, Sozzi E, Capucci L, Canelli E, et al. West Nile virus: characterization and diagnostic applications of monoclonal antibodies. Virol J. 2012;9:81 pubmed publisher..A novel WNV-specific and neutralizing MAb (4D3) directed against the unknown epitope on domain II of E protein can be useful to better understand the role of E protein epitopes involved in the mechanism of WNV neutralization. ..
- Zanardi G, Boniotti M, Gaffuri A, Casto B, Zanoni M, Pacciarini M. Tuberculosis transmission by Mycobacterium bovis in a mixed cattle and goat herd. Res Vet Sci. 2013;95:430-3 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results confirm the necessity for adopting the official tuberculin test on goats co-existing with cattle...
- Varano G, Raffel S, Sormani M, Zanardi F, Lonardi S, Zasada C, et al. The B-cell receptor controls fitness of MYC-driven lymphoma cells via GSK3? inhibition. Nature. 2017;546:302-306 pubmed publisher..Thus, while BCR expression enhances lymphoma cell fitness, BCR-targeted therapies may profit from combinations with drugs targeting BCR- tumour cells. ..
- Brocchi E, De Diego M, Berlinzani A, Gamba D, De Simone F. Diagnostic potential of Mab-based ELISAs for antibodies to non-structural proteins of foot-and-mouth disease virus to differentiate infection from vaccination. Vet Q. 1998;20 Suppl 2:S20-4 pubmed..The test showed similar specificity and sensitivity in experimentally vaccinated and infected sheep. ..
- Giagulli C, Noerder M, Avolio M, Becker P, Fiorentini S, Guzman C, et al. Pidotimod promotes functional maturation of dendritic cells and displays adjuvant properties at the nasal mucosa level. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009;9:1366-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together our data suggest the possibility to use pidotimod as adjuvant molecule to facilitate the activation of the innate immune system as well as to promote an effective mucosal and systemic immune response. ..
- Stacchiotti A, Li Volti G, Lavazza A, Rezzani R, Rodella L. Schisandrin B stimulates a cytoprotective response in rat liver exposed to mercuric chloride. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:2834-40 pubmed publisher..Taking together these data suggest that dietary Sch B counteracts HgCl2 hepatotoxicity in the rat by stimulating chaperones responsible for anabolic activity...
- De Francesco M, Baronio M, Fiorentini S, Signorini C, Bonfanti C, Poiesi C, et al. HIV-1 matrix protein p17 increases the production of proinflammatory cytokines and counteracts IL-4 activity by binding to a cellular receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9972-7 pubmed..Our results define a role for p17 in HIV-1 pathogenesis and contribute to our understanding of the molecular mechanism of HIV-1 infection and the development of additional antiviral therapeutic strategies. ..
- Stacchiotti A, Borsani E, Rodella L, Rezzani R, Bianchi R, Lavazza A. Dose-dependent mercuric chloride tubular injury in rat kidney. Ultrastruct Pathol. 2003;27:253-9 pubmed..These findings will be useful for better understanding of the pathogenesis of mercury nephrotoxicity and its genotoxic effect. ..
- Monti E, Bassi M, Bresciani R, Civini S, Croci G, Papini N, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of NEU4, the fourth member of the human sialidase gene family. Genomics. 2004;83:445-53 pubmed..Immunofluorescence staining and Western blot analysis demonstrated the association of NEU4 with the inner cell membranes. ..
- Borsani E, Bernardi S, Albertini R, Rezzani R, Rodella L. Alterations of AQP2 expression in trigeminal ganglia in a murine inflammation model. Neurosci Lett. 2009;449:183-8 pubmed publisher..Apart from this, the AQP1 expression remained unaltered. On the whole, these data support the hypothesis that AQP2 is involved in pain transmission in the peripheral nervous system. ..
- Gradassi M, Pesciaroli M, Martinelli N, Ruggeri J, Petrucci P, Hassan W, et al. Attenuated Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium lacking the ZnuABC transporter: an efficacious orally-administered mucosal vaccine against salmonellosis in pigs. Vaccine. 2013;31:3695-701 pubmed publisher..S. Typhimurium ?znuABC represents a promising candidate vaccine against salmonellosis in pigs. ..
- Locatelli C, Cremonesi P, Bertocchi L, Zanoni M, Barberio A, Drigo I, et al. Short communication: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in bulk tank milk of dairy cows and effect of swine population density. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:2151-2156 pubmed publisher..Virulence and resistance profiles are mostly consistent with the types detected. This work provides the first evidence of the epidemiological challenge exerted by the density of the swine population on MRSA in dairy cows. ..
- Lange Consiglio A, Perrini C, Tasquier R, Deregibus M, Camussi G, Pascucci L, et al. Equine Amniotic Microvesicles and Their Anti-Inflammatory Potential in a Tenocyte Model In Vitro. Stem Cells Dev. 2016;25:610-21 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that MVs contribute to in vivo healing of tendon lesions, alongside soluble factors in AMC-CM. ..
- Amadori M, Tagliabue S, Lauzi S, Finazzi G, Lombardi G, Telo P, et al. Diagnosis of Mycobacterium bovis infection in calves sensitized by mycobacteria of the avium/intracellulare group. J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health. 2002;49:89-96 pubmed..It was concluded that M. bovis infection may be concealed for some time in cattle sensitized by mycobacteria of the avium/intracellulare group and that different diagnostic procedures should be adopted for such animals. ..
- Mattioli S, Imberti L, Stellini R, Primi D. Mimicry of the immunodominant conformation-dependent antigenic site of hepatitis A virus by motifs selected from synthetic peptide libraries. J Virol. 1995;69:5294-9 pubmed..Collectively, these data represent an additional important paradigm of a mimotope capable of mimicking an antigenic determinant with unknown tertiary structure. ..
- Dell Era P, Coco L, Ronca R, Sennino B, Presta M. Gene expression profile in fibroblast growth factor 2-transformed endothelial cells. Oncogene. 2002;21:2433-40 pubmed..This study extends the number of genes involved in tumor angiogenesis and/or endothelial cell transformation, a finding with possible implications for the discovery of novel targets for angiostatic therapy. ..
- Bonecchi R, Locati M, Galliera E, Vulcano M, Sironi M, Fra A, et al. Differential recognition and scavenging of native and truncated macrophage-derived chemokine (macrophage-derived chemokine/CC chemokine ligand 22) by the D6 decoy receptor. J Immunol. 2004;172:4972-6 pubmed..By recognizing intact CCL22, but not its truncated variants, D6 expressed on lymphatic endothelial cells may regulate the traffic of CCR4-expressing cells, such as dendritic cells. ..
- Paganelli C, Fontana P, Porta F, Majorana A, Pazzaglia U, Sapelli P. Indications on suitable scaffold as carrier of stem cells in the alveoloplasty of cleft palate. J Oral Rehabil. 2006;33:625-9 pubmed..Previous studies encourage Spongostan scaffold application. ..
- Cocchi D, Tulipano G, Colciago A, Sibilia V, Pagani F, Vigano D, et al. Chronic treatment with polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) during pregnancy and lactation in the rat: Part 1: Effects on somatic growth, growth hormone-axis activity and bone mass in the offspring. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2009;237:127-36 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the developmental exposure to the four selected PCB compounds used in the present study induced far-reaching effects in the adult offspring, the male rats appearing more sensitive than females. ..
- Amadori M, Cristiano A, Ferrari M. Constitutive expression of interferons in swine leukocytes. Res Vet Sci. 2010;88:64-71 pubmed publisher..Swine intracellular IFN-alpha displayed the expected antiviral activity on bovine MDBK cells. The results indicate that interferons are constitutively expressed in swine leukocytes with peculiar molecular features. ..
- Bonini S, Ferrari Toninelli G, Uberti D, Montinaro M, Buizza L, Lanni C, et al. Nuclear factor ?B-dependent neurite remodeling is mediated by Notch pathway. J Neurosci. 2011;31:11697-705 pubmed publisher..These data suggest the relevance of future studies on the role of Notch/NF-?B cross talk in regulating cortex structural plasticity in physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Bianchi M, Gambardella A, Berni M, Panseri S, Montesi M, Lopomo N, et al. Surface morphology, tribological properties and in vitro biocompatibility of nanostructured zirconia thin films. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2016;27:96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results shown in this work indicate that zirconia thin films deposited by the PPD method deserve further investigations as low-wear materials for biomedical applications such as total joint replacement. ..
- Razzuoli E, Olzi E, Calà P, Cafazzo S, Magnani D, Vitali A, et al. Innate immune responses of young bulls to a novel environment. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2016;172:9-13 pubmed publisher..The results of this study highlight the occurrence of innate immune responses of young bulls to the combined effects of climate (season) and novel farming conditions. ..
- Giacomini E, Ferrari N, Pitozzi A, Remistani M, Giardiello D, Maes D, et al. Dynamics of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae seroconversion and infection in pigs in the three main production systems. Vet Res Commun. 2016;40:81-8 pubmed publisher..hyopneumoniae infection on one-site farms occurs earlier, while on two- and three-site farms occurs later but spreads faster, suggesting that contact between animals of different age favors the transmission. ..
- Rovida F, Piralla A, Marzani F, Moreno A, Campanini G, Mojoli F, et al. Swine influenza A (H1N1) virus (SIV) infection requiring extracorporeal life support in an immunocompetent adult patient with indirect exposure to pigs, Italy, October 2016. Euro Surveill. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..The sole risk factor for influenza was a body mass index?>?30 kg/m2. After a month of hospitalisation, the patient was discharged in good health. ..
- Badolato R, Parolini S. Novel insights from adaptor protein 3 complex deficiency. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007;120:735-41; quiz 742-3 pubmed..It is likely that the investigation of the physiopathology of Hermansky-Pudlak type 2 syndrome will reveal nonredundant functions of this adaptor protein in the intracellular trafficking of membrane proteins. ..
- Stacchiotti A, Li Volti G, Lavazza A, Schena I, Aleo M, Rodella L, et al. Different role of Schisandrin B on mercury-induced renal damage in vivo and in vitro. Toxicology. 2011;286:48-57 pubmed publisher..This discrepancy might be partly attributable to Sch B influence on glomerular perfusion as corroborated by the recovery of vasoactive markers like macular and endothelial nitric oxide isoforms. ..
- Caroli A, Savino S, Bulgari O, Monti E. Detecting β-Casein Variation in Bovine Milk. Molecules. 2016;21:141 pubmed publisher..Monitoring β-CN variation in cattle breeds is important in order to maintain a certain balance between Pro67 and His67 in dairy products. Overall, the debate between A1 and A2 milk needs further investigation. ..
- Miarelli M, Drumo R, Signorelli F, Marchitelli C, Pavone S, Pesciaroli M, et al. Salmonella Typhimurium infection primes a nutriprive mechanism in piglets. Vet Microbiol. 2016;186:117-25 pubmed publisher..This study could represent a preliminary approach, providing information useful to better understand the host-Salmonella interaction. ..
- de Diego M, Brocchi E, Mackay D, De Simone F. The non-structural polyprotein 3ABC of foot-and-mouth disease virus as a diagnostic antigen in ELISA to differentiate infected from vaccinated cattle. Arch Virol. 1997;142:2021-33 pubmed..The described 3ABC-ELISA is safe, cheap and also easy to perform in large scale serological surveys. The high specificity and sensitivity makes this test an ideal tool for FMD eradication campaigns and control programs. ..
- Rusnati M, Taraboletti G, Urbinati C, Tulipano G, Giuliani R, Molinari Tosatti M, et al. Thrombospondin-1/HIV-1 tat protein interaction: modulation of the biological activity of extracellular Tat. FASEB J. 2000;14:1917-30 pubmed..These findings suggest that TSP may be implicated in the progression of AIDS and in AIDS-associated pathologies by modulating the bioavailability and biological activity of extracellular Tat. ..
- Amadori M, Lyashchenko K, Gennaro M, Pollock J, Zerbini I. Use of recombinant proteins in antibody tests for bovine tuberculosis. Vet Microbiol. 2002;85:379-89 pubmed..In general, the profile of the Ab response varied among animals; the reaction to single recombinant antigens was sometimes transient and fluctuating, whereas the panel of antigens on the whole was indeed more effective in Ab detection. ..
- Salvi A, Arici B, Alghisi A, Barlati S, De Petro G. RNA interference against urokinase in hepatocellular carcinoma xenografts in nude mice. Tumour Biol. 2007;28:16-26 pubmed..Immunohistochemical and immunofluorescence analysis of FN revealed FN fibrils in pS siRNA u-PA xenografts and in pS siRNA u-PA cells, thus identifying the FN fibril organization as a downstream effect of u-PA knockdown in this system. ..
- Tincani A, Rebaioli C, Andreoli L, Lojacono A, Motta M. Neonatal effects of maternal antiphospholipid syndrome. Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2009;11:70-6 pubmed
- Razzuoli E, Faggionato E, Dotti S, Villa R, Lombardo T, Boizza L, et al. Isolation and culture of pig tonsil lymphocytes. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2012;148:320-5 pubmed publisher..Such procedures are likely to be of some importance in studies on regional immunity and in the development of large animal models for biomedical sciences. ..