Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on t lymphocytes in Rome, Latium, Italy
Locale: Rome, Latium, Italy
Topic: t lymphocytes
- Sodani P, Isgro A, Gaziev J, Polchi P, Paciaroni K, Marziali M, et al. Purified T-depleted, CD34+ peripheral blood and bone marrow cell transplantation from haploidentical mother to child with thalassemia. Blood. 2010;115:1296-302 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that maternal haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation is feasible in patients with thalassemia who lack a matched related donor. ..
- Fedele G, Celestino I, Spensieri F, Frasca L, Nasso M, Watanabe M, et al. Lipooligosaccharide from Bordetella pertussis induces mature human monocyte-derived dendritic cells and drives a Th2 biased response. Microbes Infect. 2007;9:855-63 pubmed..Considering these properties, the use of LOS in the formulation of acellular pertussis vaccines to potentiate protective and adjuvant capacity should be taken into consideration. ..
- Campese A, Bellavia D, Gulino A, Screpanti I. Notch signalling at the crossroads of T cell development and leukemogenesis. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2003;14:151-7 pubmed
- D Ugo E, Paroli M, Palmieri G, Giuseppetti R, Argentini C, Tritarelli E, et al. Immunization of woodchucks with adjuvanted sHDAg (p24): immune response and outcome following challenge. Vaccine. 2004;22:457-66 pubmed..Overall, the results suggest that the MF59/p24 vaccine better controls the infection in terms of viral replication and survival. ..
- Zinno F, Landi F, Aureli V, Balduino G, Lanti A, Sodani P, et al. Positive immunomagnetic CD34(+) cell selection in haplo-identical transplants in beta-thalassemia patients: removal of platelets using an automated system. Cytotherapy. 2010;12:60-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, conforming to good manufacturing practice (GMP) guidelines, the entire procedure with CytoMate took place in a contamination-controlled environment. ..
- Ferraccioli G, Tomietto P, De Santis M. Rationale for T cell inhibition by cyclosporin A in major autoimmune diseases. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1051:658-65 pubmed..Interrupting the T cell amplification loop through calcineurin antagonists leads to maintenance of the whole process under the autoimmune threshold. ..
- Cristaudo A, Bordignon V, Petrucci F, Caimi S, De Rocco M, Picardo M, et al. Release of palladium from biomechanical prostheses in body fluids can induce or support PD-specific IFNgamma T cell responses and the clinical setting of a palladium hypersensitivity. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2009;22:605-14 pubmed..These data suggest that dental appliances may represent an active source of Pd in the body, and this, in turn, can favour the clinical setting of a hypersensitivity to this metal. ..
- Amicosante M, Deubner D, Saltini C. Role of the berylliosis-associated HLA-DPGlu69 supratypic variant in determining the response to beryllium in a blood T-cells beryllium-stimulated proliferation test. Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis. 2005;22:175-9 pubmed
- Poccia F, Gioia C, Montesano C, Martini F, Horejsh D, Castilletti C, et al. Flow cytometry and T-cell response monitoring after smallpox vaccination. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:1468-70 pubmed..When the high similarity between the orthopoxviruses is considered, this rapid assay that uses vaccinia antigens could identify recently exposures. ..
- Cencioni M, Chiurchiù V, Catanzaro G, Borsellino G, Bernardi G, Battistini L, et al. Anandamide suppresses proliferation and cytokine release from primary human T-lymphocytes mainly via CB2 receptors. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8688 pubmed publisher..These findings might be of crucial importance for the rational design of new endocannabinoid-based immunotherapeutic approaches. ..
- Battaglia A, Buzzonetti A, Martinelli E, Fanelli M, Petrillo M, Ferrandina G, et al. Selective changes in the immune profile of tumor-draining lymph nodes after different neoadjuvant chemoradiation regimens for locally advanced cervical cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010;76:1546-53 pubmed publisher..Because most of the anticancer immune response takes place in TDLN, the present findings also emphasize the importance of chemoradiation protocols in the context of immunotherapeutic trials. ..
- Cerboni C, Zingoni A, Cippitelli M, Piccoli M, Frati L, Santoni A. Antigen-activated human T lymphocytes express cell-surface NKG2D ligands via an ATM/ATR-dependent mechanism and become susceptible to autologous NK- cell lysis. Blood. 2007;110:606-15 pubmed
- Fantini M, Monteleone G, MacDonald T. New players in the cytokine orchestra of inflammatory bowel disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2007;13:1419-23 pubmed..Two other cytokines, IL-27 and IL-32, may also be important in the inflammatory pathways that operate in IBD. ..
- Matarrese P, Malorni W. Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 proteins and cytoskeleton: partners in viral life and host cell death. Cell Death Differ. 2005;12 Suppl 1:932-41 pubmed..The microfilament system seems thus to be a sort of cytoplasmic supervisor of the viral particle, the host cell and the bystander cell's very fate. ..
- Maffeo A, Bellomi F, Solimeo I, Bambacioni F, Scagnolari C, De Pisa F, et al. P-glycoprotein expression affects the intracellular concentration and antiviral activity of the protease inhibitor saquinavir in a T cell line. New Microbiol. 2004;27:119-26 pubmed
- Caprioli F, Stolfi C, Caruso R, Fina D, Sica G, Biancone L, et al. Transcriptional and post-translational regulation of Flip, an inhibitor of Fas-mediated apoptosis, in human gut inflammation. Gut. 2008;57:1674-80 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate that Flip is regulated at both the transcriptional and post-translational level in CD, and indicate that in the normal but not inflamed gut Flip is degraded via the ubiquitin-proteasome-dependent pathway. ..
- Iacovelli S, Iosue I, Di Cesare S, Guttinger M. Lymphoid EVA1 expression is required for DN1-DN3 thymocytes transition. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7586 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that modulation of Eva1 expression in thymocytes is crucial for lymphocyte physiological developmental progression and stromal differentiation. ..
- Agrati C, Gioia C, Lalle E, Cimini E, Castilletti C, Armignacco O, et al. Association of profoundly impaired immune competence in H1N1v-infected patients with a severe or fatal clinical course. J Infect Dis. 2010;202:681-9 pubmed publisher..By monitoring host functional response, patients with an enhanced risk of developing influenza-associated severe complications could be identified in a timely manner. ..
- Barone F, Bombardieri M, Rosado M, Morgan P, Challacombe S, De Vita S, et al. CXCL13, CCL21, and CXCL12 expression in salivary glands of patients with Sjogren's syndrome and MALT lymphoma: association with reactive and malignant areas of lymphoid organization. J Immunol. 2008;180:5130-40 pubmed
- Caprioli F, Sarra M, Caruso R, Stolfi C, Fina D, Sica G, et al. Autocrine regulation of IL-21 production in human T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2008;180:1800-7 pubmed..These data suggest the existence of a positive autocrine loop that could help to amplify and stabilize IL-21-driven, T cell-mediated responses. ..
- Carbonari M, Mancaniello D, Cibati M, Catizone A, Fiorilli M. Improved procedure for the measurement of telomere length in whole cells by PNA probe and flow cytometry. Cell Prolif. 2010;43:553-61 pubmed publisher..Therefore, to improve hybridization conditions between the probe and the target sequences, it might be possible to add probe to sample after the complete removal of formamide...
- Narducci M, Scala E, Bresin A, Caprini E, Picchio M, Remotti D, et al. Skin homing of Sézary cells involves SDF-1-CXCR4 signaling and down-regulation of CD26/dipeptidylpeptidase IV. Blood. 2006;107:1108-15 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the SDF-1-CXCR4 axis could play an important role in skin homing of SS through the regulatory activity of CD26...
- Napolitano M, Bellavia D, Maroder M, Farina M, Vacca A, Frati L, et al. Modulation of cytokine gene expression by thymic lympho-stromal cell to cell interaction: effect of retinoic acid. Thymus. 1997;24:247-58 pubmed..They furthermore suggest that specific cytokine modulation might contribute to the RA-induced impairment of thymocyte differentiation. ..
- Columba Cabezas S, Griguoli M, Rosicarelli B, Magliozzi R, Ria F, Serafini B, et al. Suppression of established experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and formation of meningeal lymphoid follicles by lymphotoxin beta receptor-Ig fusion protein. J Neuroimmunol. 2006;179:76-86 pubmed
- Angelini F, Del Duca E, Piccinini S, Pacciani V, Rossi P, Manca Bitti M. Altered phenotype and function of dendritic cells in children with type 1 diabetes. Clin Exp Immunol. 2005;142:341-6 pubmed..07) and a ninefold lower level of IL-12 (P = 0.01). Our data show a defect in the expression of the co-stimulatory molecules and an impairment of DC priming function, events that might contribute to T1DM pathogenesis. ..
- Madia F, Frisullo G, Nociti V, Conte A, Luigetti M, Del Grande A, et al. pSTAT1, pSTAT3, and T-bet as markers of disease activity in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy. J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2009;14:107-17 pubmed publisher..0073). IL10 levels were higher in active phase patients than in controls (p = 0.0334). Our data suggest that pSTAT1, T-bet, and pSTAT3 can be considered putative markers of disease activity and potential targets for specific therapies...
- Zambruno G, Borradori L. Rituximab immunotherapy in pemphigus: therapeutic effects beyond B-cell depletion. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:2745-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, B-cell populations recovered after treatment were modified. These novel aspects may contribute to the clinical responses observed in patients. ..
- Mastrangeli G, Corinti S, Butteroni C, Afferni C, Bonura A, Boirivant M, et al. Effects of live and inactivated VSL#3 probiotic preparations in the modulation of in vitro and in vivo allergen-induced Th2 responses. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2009;150:133-43 pubmed publisher..In vivo studies on a mouse model of Par j 1 sensitization indicate that the prophylactic intranasal treatment with probiotic bacteria is able to modulate the development of Th2-biased responses. ..
- Fantini M, Pallone F, Monteleone G. Common immunologic mechanisms in inflammatory bowel disease and spondylarthropathies. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:2472-8 pubmed..Finally, accumulating evidence indicates that a T helper 17 cell-mediated immune response may contribute to IBD and IBD-related SpA with a crucial role played by tumor necrosis factor-alpha in CD and to a lesser extent in UC...
- Speranza V, Colone A, Cicconi R, Palmieri G, Giovannini D, Grassi M, et al. Recombinant BCG-Rv1767 amount determines, in vivo, antigen-specific T cells location, frequency, and protective outcome. Microb Pathog. 2010;48:150-9 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis antigens to induce a protective immune response, actually not necessarily embodied by an increased frequency of Antigen-specific effector memory T cells. ..
- Amendola A, Rodolfo C, Di Caro A, Ciccosanti F, Falasca L, Piacentini M. "Tissue" transglutaminase expression in HIV-infected cells: an enzyme with an antiviral effect?. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2001;946:108-20 pubmed..Given the presence of high tTG levels in HIV+ individuals, it would be of interest to pursue the potential role of this multifunctional protein in the development of strategies aimed at the pharmacologic regulation of HIV production. ..
- Cippitelli M, Fionda C, Di Bona D, Di Rosa F, Lupo A, Piccoli M, et al. Negative regulation of CD95 ligand gene expression by vitamin D3 in T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2002;168:1154-66 pubmed..These results place FasL as a novel target for the immunoregulatory activities of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3), and confirm the interest for a possible pharmacological use of this molecule and its derivatives. ..
- Turriziani O, Schuetz J, Focher F, Scagnolari C, Sampath J, Adachi M, et al. Impaired 2',3'-dideoxy-3'-thiacytidine accumulation in T-lymphoblastoid cells as a mechanism of acquired resistance independent of multidrug resistant protein 4 with a possible role for ATP-binding cassette C11. Biochem J. 2002;368:325-32 pubmed..Finally, an increased expression of the MRP5 homologue, ATP-binding cassette C11 (ABCC11) was observed in the CEM 3TC cells. We speculate that the decreased 3TC accumulation in the CEM 3TC might be due to the upregulation of ABCC11...
- Boirivant M, Viora M, Giordani L, Luzzati A, Pronio A, Montesani C, et al. HIV-1 gp120 accelerates Fas-mediated activation-induced human lamina propria T cell apoptosis. J Clin Immunol. 1998;18:39-47 pubmed..This process is mediated by Fas/Fas ligand interaction and related to an increased induction of Fas ligand mRNA by gpl20. Therefore HIV-1 gp120 could contribute to the depletion of noninfected LPT cells inducing a premature cell death. ..
- Gabellini C, Antonelli A, Petrinelli P, Biroccio A, Marcucci L, Nigro G, et al. Telomerase activity, apoptosis and cell cycle progression in ataxia telangiectasia lymphocytes expressing TCL1. Br J Cancer. 2003;89:1091-5 pubmed..We show that in ATM(-) TCL1(+) lymphocytes, apoptosis rate and cell cycle progression are restored back to a rate comparable with that observed in normal lymphocytes while telomere dysfunction is maintained...
- RiganO R, Buttari B, De Falco E, Profumo E, Ortona E, Margutti P, et al. Echinococcus granulosus-specific T-cell lines derived from patients at various clinical stages of cystic echinococcosis. Parasite Immunol. 2004;26:45-52 pubmed..The parasite-specific T-cell lines, especially the two Th1 lines from the patient with an inactive cyst, may help identify Th1 protective epitopes on SHF and AgB...
- Pasparakis M, Luedde T, Schmidt Supprian M. Dissection of the NF-kappaB signalling cascade in transgenic and knockout mice. Cell Death Differ. 2006;13:861-72 pubmed..Furthermore, inhibition or enforced activation of NF-kappaB in transgenic mice has uncovered the critical roles that NF-kappaB plays in the pathogenesis of various diseases such as liver failure, diabetes and cancer. ..
- Caruso R, Fina D, Peluso I, Stolfi C, Fantini M, Gioia V, et al. A functional role for interleukin-21 in promoting the synthesis of the T-cell chemoattractant, MIP-3alpha, by gut epithelial cells. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:166-75 pubmed..Treatment of IBD explants with anti-IL-21 reduced MIP-3alpha production. These data show that intestinal epithelial cells are a target of IL-21 and that IL-21 is involved in the cross-talk between epithelial and immune cells in the gut. ..
- Ria F, Penitente R, De Santis M, Nicolò C, Di Sante G, Orsini M, et al. Collagen-specific T-cell repertoire in blood and synovial fluid varies with disease activity in early rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2008;10:R135 pubmed publisher..The majority of the repertoire is shared between patients with early rheumatoid arthritis and it is modulated by therapy. ..
- Caruso R, Botti E, Sarra M, Esposito M, Stolfi C, Diluvio L, et al. Involvement of interleukin-21 in the epidermal hyperplasia of psoriasis. Nat Med. 2009;15:1013-5 pubmed publisher..In the human psoriasis xenograft mouse model, blockade of IL-21 activity resolves inflammation and reduces keratinocyte proliferation. Blocking IL-21 may represent a new therapeutic strategy in psoriasis. ..
- Potapovich A, Pastore S, Kostyuk V, Lulli D, Mariani V, De Luca C, et al. alpha-Fetoprotein as a modulator of the pro-inflammatory response of human keratinocytes. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;158:1236-47 pubmed publisher..AFP may modulate inflammatory events in human skin. ..
- Sessa R, Di Pietro M, Schiavoni G, Macone A, Maras B, Fontana M, et al. Chlamydia pneumoniae induces T cell apoptosis through glutathione redox imbalance and secretion of TNF-alpha. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2009;22:659-68 pubmed
- Mattei F, Schiavoni G, Belardelli F, Tough D. IL-15 is expressed by dendritic cells in response to type I IFN, double-stranded RNA, or lipopolysaccharide and promotes dendritic cell activation. J Immunol. 2001;167:1179-87 pubmed..These results identify IL-15 as a stimulatory cytokine for DCs with the potential for autocrine activity and link its effects to expression of IFN-alphabeta. ..
- Sarra M, Monteleone G. Interleukin-21: a new mediator of inflammation in systemic lupus erythematosus. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2010;2010:294582 pubmed publisher..Here we review data supporting the involvement of IL-21 in the pathogenesis of SLE. ..
- Curtale G, Citarella F, Carissimi C, Goldoni M, Carucci N, Fulci V, et al. An emerging player in the adaptive immune response: microRNA-146a is a modulator of IL-2 expression and activation-induced cell death in T lymphocytes. Blood. 2010;115:265-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, miR-146a enforced expression impairs both activator protein 1 (AP-1) activity and interleukin-2 (IL-2) production induced by TCR engagement, thus suggesting a role of this miRNA in the modulation of adaptive immunity. ..
- Sorice M, Matarrese P, Manganelli V, Tinari A, Giammarioli A, Mattei V, et al. Role of GD3-CLIPR-59 association in lymphoblastoid T cell apoptosis triggered by CD95/Fas. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8567 pubmed publisher..e. the mitochondria, and trigger apoptosis execution. ..
- Candi E, Rufini A, Terrinoni A, Giamboi Miraglia A, Lena A, Mantovani R, et al. DeltaNp63 regulates thymic development through enhanced expression of FgfR2 and Jag2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:11999-2004 pubmed..The action of DeltaNp63 is not due to a direct regulation of TEC differentiation, but it is compatible with maintenance of their "stemness," the thymic abnormalities resulting from epithelial failure due to loss of stem cells. ..
- Capobianchi M, Ankel H, Ameglio F, Paganelli R, Pizzoli P, Dianzani F. Recombinant glycoprotein 120 of human immunodeficiency virus is a potent interferon inducer. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1992;8:575-9 pubmed
- Giovannetti A, Rosato E, Renzi C, Maselli A, Gambardella L, Giammarioli A, et al. Analyses of T cell phenotype and function reveal an altered T cell homeostasis in systemic sclerosis. Correlations with disease severity and phenotypes. Clin Immunol. 2010;137:122-33 pubmed publisher..A therapeutic intervention targeted at reversing T cell homeostasis abnormalities would therefore potentially be helpful in counteracting disease progression. ..
- Borsetti A, Parolin C, Ridolfi B, Sernicola L, Geraci A, Ensoli B, et al. CD4-independent infection of two CD4(-)/CCR5(-)/CXCR4(+) pre-T-cell lines by human and simian immunodeficiency viruses. J Virol. 2000;74:6689-94 pubmed..These findings suggest that to infect cells of different compartments, HIV and SIV could have evolved in vivo to bypass CD4 and to interact directly with an alternative receptor. ..
- Filippetti M, Torsello A, Cordiali Fei P, Bordignon V, Trento E, Tonachella R, et al. [IL-2 bronchoscopic istillation and immune cell activation: preliminary results of the BRIIL-2 study for treatment of pulmonary metastasis from renal cancer and melanoma]. Clin Ter. 2009;160:139-43 pubmed..Thus IL-2 broncho-istillation could represent a valid administration modality to obtain an effective immunologic stimulation either local or systemic. ..
- Moretti S, Famularo G, Marcellini S, Boschini A, Santini G, Trinchieri V, et al. L-carnitine reduces lymphocyte apoptosis and oxidant stress in HIV-1-infected subjects treated with zidovudine and didanosine. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2002;4:391-403 pubmed..No toxicity of L-carnitine was recognized. The addition of L-carnitine is safe and allows apoptosis and oxidant stress to be greatly reduced in lymphocytes from subjects treated with AZT and DDI. ..
- Turriziani O, Pagnotti P, Pierangeli A, Focher F, Baranello C, Bellomi F, et al. The effects of prolonged treatment with zidovudine, lamivudine, and abacavir on a T-lymphoblastoid cell line. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2006;22:960-7 pubmed..This study shows that the exposure of cells to a combination of NAs is capable of simultaneously affecting more than one target site to confer resistance and that NAs display differing abilities to select cellular resistance mechanisms...
- Marinaro M, Mari V, Bellacicco A, Tarsitano E, Elia G, Losurdo M, et al. Prolonged depletion of circulating CD4+ T lymphocytes and acute monocytosis after pantropic canine coronavirus infection in dogs. Virus Res. 2010;152:73-8 pubmed publisher..i. The prolonged depletion of peripheral CD4(+) T cells did not alter the levels of serum IgG or IgM. The impact of CB/05 infection on the immune performance of infected pups is discussed...
- Parlato S, Giammarioli A, Logozzi M, Lozupone F, Matarrese P, Luciani F, et al. CD95 (APO-1/Fas) linkage to the actin cytoskeleton through ezrin in human T lymphocytes: a novel regulatory mechanism of the CD95 apoptotic pathway. EMBO J. 2000;19:5123-34 pubmed