Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna interference in Rome, Latium, Italy
Locale: Rome, Latium, Italy
Topic: rna interference
- Natoli M, Christensen J, El Gebali S, Felsani A, Anderle P. The role of CDX2 in Caco-2 cell differentiation. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2013;85:20-5 pubmed publisher..The unique induction of a small intestinal signature upon differentiation in Caco-2 cells seems to be at least partially under the control of CDX2. ..
- JemaÃ M, Manic G, Lledo G, Lissa D, Reynès C, Morin N, et al. Whole-genome duplication increases tumor cell sensitivity to MPS1 inhibition. Oncotarget. 2016;7:885-901 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results suggest that MPS1 inhibition could be used as a therapeutic strategy for targeting tetraploid cancer cells. ..
- Krell J, Stebbing J, Carissimi C, Dabrowska A, de Giorgio A, Frampton A, et al. TP53 regulates miRNA association with AGO2 to remodel the miRNA-mRNA interaction network. Genome Res. 2016;26:331-41 pubmed publisher..TP53-mediated regulation of AGO2-miRNA interaction represents a new mechanism of miRNA regulation in carcinogenesis. ..
- Di Magno L, Basile A, Coni S, Manni S, Sdruscia G, D Amico D, et al. The energy sensor AMPK regulates Hedgehog signaling in human cells through a unique Gli1 metabolic checkpoint. Oncotarget. 2016;7:9538-49 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this data unveil a novel mechanism of inhibition of Gli1 function, which is exclusive for human cells and may be exploited for the treatment of Medulloblastoma or other Gli1 driven tumors. ..
- Savatin D, Ferrari S, Sicilia F, De Lorenzo G. Oligogalacturonide-auxin antagonism does not require posttranscriptional gene silencing or stabilization of auxin response repressors in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:1163-74 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that OGs and flg22 antagonize auxin responses independently of Aux/Indole-3-Acetic Acid repressor stabilization and of posttranscriptional gene silencing. ..
- Rosati J, Spallotta F, Nanni S, Grasselli A, Antonini A, Vincenti S, et al. Smad-interacting protein-1 and microRNA 200 family define a nitric oxide-dependent molecular circuitry involved in embryonic stem cell mesendoderm differentiation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:898-907 pubmed publisher
- Amelio I, Lena A, Viticchiè G, Shalom Feuerstein R, Terrinoni A, Dinsdale D, et al. miR-24 triggers epidermal differentiation by controlling actin adhesion and cell migration. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:347-63 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a new regulatory pathway involving a differentiation-promoting microribonucleic acid that regulates actin adhesion dynamics in human and mouse epidermis...
- D Archivio M, Scazzocchio B, Filesi C, Varì R, Maggiorella M, Sernicola L, et al. Oxidised LDL up-regulate CD36 expression by the Nrf2 pathway in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:2291-8 pubmed publisher..Besides strengthening the hypothesis that oxLDL can contribute to the onset of insulin-resistance, data herein presented highlight the significance of oxLDL-induced CD36 overexpression within the cellular defence response. ..
- Cacchiarelli D, Incitti T, Martone J, Cesana M, Cazzella V, Santini T, et al. miR-31 modulates dystrophin expression: new implications for Duchenne muscular dystrophy therapy. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:136-41 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that interfering with miR-31 activity can provide an ameliorating strategy for those DMD therapies that are aimed at efficiently recovering dystrophin synthesis. ..
- Ferretti C, Totta P, Fiore M, Mattiuzzo M, Schillaci T, Ricordy R, et al. Expression of the kinetochore protein Hec1 during the cell cycle in normal and cancer cells and its regulation by the pRb pathway. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:4174-82 pubmed..This may importantly contribute to aneuploidy and chromosomal instability in RB-defective cancer cells. ..
- Felli N, Felicetti F, Lustri A, Errico M, Bottero L, Cannistraci A, et al. miR-126&126* restored expressions play a tumor suppressor role by directly regulating ADAM9 and MMP7 in melanoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56824 pubmed publisher..In view of this miR-126&126* wide-ranging action, we believe that the replacement of these microRNAs might be considered a promising therapeutic approach. ..
- Madonna S, Scarponi C, Doti N, Carbone T, Cavani A, Scognamiglio P, et al. Therapeutical potential of a peptide mimicking the SOCS1 kinase inhibitory region in skin immune responses. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:1883-95 pubmed publisher..These data collectively indicate that PS-5 has an important therapeutic potential in the treatment of type-1 immune-mediated skin diseases. ..
- Onori P, Mancinelli R, Franchitto A, Carpino G, Renzi A, Brozzetti S, et al. Role of follicle-stimulating hormone on biliary cyst growth in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Liver Int. 2013;33:914-25 pubmed publisher..These results showed that FSH has an important function in cystic growth acting on the cAMP pathway, demonstrating that it provides a target for medical therapy of hepatic cysts during ADPKD. ..
- Indelicato M, Pucci B, Schito L, Reali V, Aventaggiato M, Mazzarino M, et al. Role of hypoxia and autophagy in MDA-MB-231 invasiveness. J Cell Physiol. 2010;223:359-68 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study shows that hypoxia and autophagy by acting on common (HIF-1alpha) or separate (MMPs, cytoskeleton) targets differently regulate cell invasion, MMPs activity, and survival. ..
- Ranieri S, Fusco S, Panieri E, Labate V, Mele M, Tesori V, et al. Mammalian life-span determinant p66shcA mediates obesity-induced insulin resistance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13420-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings identify p66shc as a major mediator of insulin resistance by excess nutrients, and by extension, as a potential molecular target against the spreading epidemic of obesity and type II diabetes. ..
- Paladini F, Cocco E, Potolicchio I, Fazekasova H, Lombardi G, Fiorillo M, et al. Divergent effect of cobalt and beryllium salts on the fate of peripheral blood monocytes and T lymphocytes. Toxicol Sci. 2011;119:257-69 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, cobalt keeps monocytes in a partially activated, proinflammatory state that can contribute to some of the pathologies associated with the exposure to this metal. ..
- Bossi G, Marampon F, Maor Aloni R, Zani B, Rotter V, Oren M, et al. Conditional RNA interference in vivo to study mutant p53 oncogenic gain of function on tumor malignancy. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:1870-9 pubmed
- Prislei S, Martinelli E, Mariani M, Raspaglio G, Sieber S, Ferrandina G, et al. MiR-200c and HuR in ovarian cancer. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:72 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal the usefulness of multidimensional analysis in the investigation of the prognostic role of miRNA expression. ..
- Pajalunga D, Puggioni E, Mazzola A, Leva V, Montecucco A, Crescenzi M. DNA replication is intrinsically hindered in terminally differentiated myotubes. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11559 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this trait might contribute to explain the inability of these cells to play a role in tissue repair, unlike their counterparts in extensively regenerating species. ..
- Lombardi R, Circelli P, Villani M, Buriani G, Nardi L, Coppola V, et al. High-level HIV-1 Nef transient expression in Nicotiana benthamiana using the P19 gene silencing suppressor protein of Artichoke Mottled Crinckle Virus. BMC Biotechnol. 2009;9:96 pubmed publisher..Moreover, plant-derived Nef was purified, with enhanced yield, exploiting a two-step purification protocol. These results represent a first step towards the development of a plant-derived HIV vaccine. ..
- Pellegrini L, Pucci B, Villanova L, Marino M, Marfe G, Sansone L, et al. SIRT3 protects from hypoxia and staurosporine-mediated cell death by maintaining mitochondrial membrane potential and intracellular pH. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:1815-25 pubmed publisher..In conclusion we propose that, in mammalian cells, SIRT3 has a central role in connecting changes in ??(mt), intracellular pH and mitochondrial-regulated apoptotic pathways. ..
- Capuano C, Paolini R, Molfetta R, Frati L, Santoni A, Galandrini R. PIP2-dependent regulation of Munc13-4 endocytic recycling: impact on the cytolytic secretory pathway. Blood. 2012;119:2252-62 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that Munc13-4 reinternalization is required for the maintenance of an intracellular pool that is functional to guarantee the serial killing potential. ..
- Giannini G, Cerignoli F, Mellone M, Massimi I, Ambrosi C, Rinaldi C, et al. High mobility group A1 is a molecular target for MYCN in human neuroblastoma. Cancer Res. 2005;65:8308-16 pubmed..Finally, HMGA1 repression by RNA interference reduced neuroblastoma cell proliferation, indicating that HMGA1 is a novel MYCN target gene relevant for neuroblastoma tumorigenesis. ..
- Rubattu S, Di Castro S, Schulz H, Geurts A, Cotugno M, Bianchi F, et al. Ndufc2 Gene Inhibition Is Associated With Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Increased Stroke Susceptibility in an Animal Model of Complex Human Disease. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Moreover, our current evidence may suggest that Ndufc2 can contribute to an increased occurrence of early-onset ischemic stroke in humans. ..
- Somma M, Fasulo B, Cenci G, Cundari E, Gatti M. Molecular dissection of cytokinesis by RNA interference in Drosophila cultured cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2448-60 pubmed
- Berardinelli F, Coluzzi E, Sgura A, Antoccia A. Targeting telomerase and telomeres to enhance ionizing radiation effects in in vitro and in vivo cancer models. Mutat Res. 2017;773:204-219 pubmed publisher..Pros and cons of possible future applications in cancer therapy based on the combination of T/TCCs and radiation treatment are discussed. ..
- Lucioli A, Noris E, Brunetti A, Tavazza R, Ruzza V, Castillo A, et al. Tomato yellow leaf curl Sardinia virus rep-derived resistance to homologous and heterologous geminiviruses occurs by different mechanisms and is overcome if virus-mediated transgene silencing is activated. J Virol. 2003;77:6785-98 pubmed..A model of Rep-210-mediated geminivirus resistance that takes transgene- and virus-mediated mechanisms into account is proposed...
- Forloni M, Albini S, Limongi M, Cifaldi L, Boldrini R, Nicotra M, et al. NF-kappaB, and not MYCN, regulates MHC class I and endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidases in human neuroblastoma cells. Cancer Res. 2010;70:916-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, the coordinated downregulation of MHC class I, ERAP1, and ERAP2 in aggressive NB cells is attributable to a low transcriptional availability of NF-kappaB, possibly due to an unknown suppressor other than MYCN. ..
- Carissimi C, Saieva L, Baccon J, Chiarella P, Maiolica A, Sawyer A, et al. Gemin8 is a novel component of the survival motor neuron complex and functions in small nuclear ribonucleoprotein assembly. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:8126-34 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Gemin8 is a novel integral component of the SMN complex and extend the repertoire of cellular proteins involved in the pathway of snRNP biogenesis. ..
- Ciciarello M, Mangiacasale R, Thibier C, Guarguaglini G, Marchetti E, Di Fiore B, et al. Importin beta is transported to spindle poles during mitosis and regulates Ran-dependent spindle assembly factors in mammalian cells. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6511-22 pubmed..Targeting of TPX2/importin-beta complexes to poles is a key aspect in Ran-dependent control of the mitotic apparatus in mammalian cells. ..
- Fiorentino L, Cavalera M, Menini S, Marchetti V, Mavilio M, Fabrizi M, et al. Loss of TIMP3 underlies diabetic nephropathy via FoxO1/STAT1 interplay. EMBO Mol Med. 2013;5:441-55 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that loss of TIMP3 is a hallmark of DKD in human and mouse models and designates TIMP3 as a new possible therapeutic target for diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Caporali S, Levati L, Graziani G, Muzi A, Atzori M, Bonmassar E, et al. NF-?B is activated in response to temozolomide in an AKT-dependent manner and confers protection against the growth suppressive effect of the drug. J Transl Med. 2012;10:252 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that a clinical benefit could be obtained by combining TMZ with NF-?B inhibitors. ..
- Tedeschi A, Ciciarello M, Mangiacasale R, Roscioli E, Rensen W, Lavia P. RANBP1 localizes a subset of mitotic regulatory factors on spindle microtubules and regulates chromosome segregation in human cells. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3748-61 pubmed
- Gabbianelli M, Testa U, Morsilli O, Pelosi E, Saulle E, Petrucci E, et al. Mechanism of human Hb switching: a possible role of the kit receptor/miR 221-222 complex. Haematologica. 2010;95:1253-60 pubmed publisher..MicroRNAs (miRs) play a pivotal role in normal hematopoiesis: downmodulation of miR-221/222 stimulates human erythropoietic proliferation through upmodulation of the kit receptor...
- Marinari B, Ballaro C, Koster M, Giustizieri M, Moretti F, Crosti F, et al. IKKalpha is a p63 transcriptional target involved in the pathogenesis of ectodermal dysplasias. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:60-9 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that a failure to properly express IKKalpha may play a role in the development of ectodermal dysplasias. ..
- Muscolini M, Camperio C, Capuano C, Caristi S, Piccolella E, Galandrini R, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate 5-kinase ? activation critically contributes to CD28-dependent signaling responses. J Immunol. 2013;190:5279-86 pubmed publisher..Our findings elucidate a novel mechanism that involves PIP5K? as a key modulator of CD28 costimulatory signals. ..
- Valenti F, Fausti F, Biagioni F, Shay T, Fontemaggi G, Domany E, et al. Mutant p53 oncogenic functions are sustained by Plk2 kinase through an autoregulatory feedback loop. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:4330-40 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this paper identifies a novel tumor network including Plk2 and mutant p53 proteins whose triggering in response to DNA damage might disclose important implications for the treatment of human cancers. ..
- Monteleone G, Del Vecchio Blanco G, Monteleone I, Fina D, Caruso R, Gioia V, et al. Post-transcriptional regulation of Smad7 in the gut of patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Gastroenterology. 2005;129:1420-9 pubmed..These results identify posttranslational protein modification as of importance in chronic gut inflammation in humans. ..
- Cecere G, Cogoni C. Quelling targets the rDNA locus and functions in rDNA copy number control. BMC Microbiol. 2009;9:44 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, quelling mutants have a reduced rDNA gene copy number. Our finding could suggest a new biological function for RNA silencing in the maintenance of the integrity and stability of the Neurospora rDNA locus. ..
- Mastrofrancesco A, Ottaviani M, Cardinali G, Flori E, Briganti S, Ludovici M, et al. Pharmacological PPAR? modulation regulates sebogenesis and inflammation in SZ95 human sebocytes. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;138:96-106 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that selective modulation of PPAR? activity is likely to represent a therapeutic strategy for the treatment of acne. ..
- Morini E, Rizzacasa B, Pucci S, Polidoro C, FerrÃ¨ F, Caporossi D, et al. The human rs1050286 polymorphism alters LOX-1 expression through modifying miR-24 binding. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:181-7 pubmed publisher..On this basis, we considered that OLR1 rs1050286 SNP may contribute to modify OLR1 susceptibility to AMI and CAD, so ORL1 SNPs screening could help to stratify patients risk. ..
- Torgovnick A, Schiavi A, Testi R, Ventura N. A role for p53 in mitochondrial stress response control of longevity in C. elegans. Exp Gerontol. 2010;45:550-7 pubmed publisher..The same pathways could be exploitable for delaying the aging process ascribed to mitochondrial degeneration. ..
- Bruno T, Iezzi S, De Nicola F, Di Padova M, DeSantis A, Scarsella M, et al. Che-1 activates XIAP expression in response to DNA damage. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:515-20 pubmed..Notably, we found that XIAP expression is necessary for antiapoptotic activity of Che-1 and that in vivo downregulation of Che-1 by small interference RNA strongly enhanced the cytotoxicity of anticancer drugs. ..
- Somma M, Fasulo B, Siriaco G, Cenci G. Chromosome condensation defects in barren RNA-interfered Drosophila cells. Genetics. 2003;165:1607-11 pubmed..We have used double-stranded RNA-mediated interference (RNAi) to deplete Barren in Drosophila S2 cells. Our analyses indicate that inactivation of barr leads to extensive chromosome condensation and disrupts chromatid segregation. ..
- Lorenzi S, Forloni M, Cifaldi L, Antonucci C, Citti A, Boldrini R, et al. IRF1 and NF-kB restore MHC class I-restricted tumor antigen processing and presentation to cytotoxic T cells in aggressive neuroblastoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46928 pubmed publisher..These findings provide molecular insight into defective MHC-I expression in NB cells and provide the rational for T cell-based immunotherapy in NB variants refractory to conventional therapy. ..
- Alisi A, Spaziani A, Anticoli S, Ghidinelli M, Balsano C. PKR is a novel functional direct player that coordinates skeletal muscle differentiation via p38MAPK/AKT pathways. Cell Signal. 2008;20:534-42 pubmed publisher..The novel discovered complex permits PKR to timely regulate the inhibition/activation of p38MAPK and Akt, controlling in this way the different steps characterizing skeletal muscle differentiation. ..
- Di Bartolomeo S, Corazzari M, Nazio F, Oliverio S, Lisi G, Antonioli M, et al. The dynamic interaction of AMBRA1 with the dynein motor complex regulates mammalian autophagy. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:155-68 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results demonstrate that in addition to a function for microtubules in mediating autophagosome transport, there is a strict and regulatory relationship between cytoskeleton dynamics and autophagosome formation. ..
- Aureli C, Gaucci E, Arcangeli V, Grillo C, Eufemi M, Chichiarelli S. ERp57/PDIA3 binds specific DNA fragments in a melanoma cell line. Gene. 2013;524:390-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, nuclear ERp57 interacts in vivo with DNA fragments in melanoma cells and is potentially involved in the transcriptional regulation of its target genes. ..
- Tentori L, Muzi A, Dorio A, Bultrini S, Mazzon E, Lacal P, et al. Stable depletion of poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 reduces in vivo melanoma growth and increases chemosensitivity. Eur J Cancer. 2008;44:1302-14 pubmed publisher..These results provide novel evidence for a direct role of PARP-1 in tumour aggressiveness and chemoresistance. ..
- Naim V, Imarisio S, Di Cunto F, Gatti M, Bonaccorsi S. Drosophila citron kinase is required for the final steps of cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5053-63 pubmed
- Franchitto A, Pichierri P. Werner syndrome protein and the MRE11 complex are involved in a common pathway of replication fork recovery. Cell Cycle. 2004;3:1331-9 pubmed
- Cernilogar F, Burroughs A, Lanzuolo C, Breiling A, Imhof A, Orlando V. RNA-interference components are dispensable for transcriptional silencing of the drosophila bithorax-complex. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65740 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the Dicer-2/Argonaute-2 RNAi pathway, despite its role in pairing sensitive gene silencing of transgenes, does not have a role in PcG dependent silencing of major homeotic gene cluster loci in Drosophila. ..
- Di Stefano V, Mattiussi M, Sacchi A, D Orazi G. HIPK2 inhibits both MDM2 gene and protein by, respectively, p53-dependent and independent regulations. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5473-80 pubmed
- Paronetto M, Giorda E, Carsetti R, Rossi P, Geremia R, Sette C. Functional interaction between p90Rsk2 and Emi1 contributes to the metaphase arrest of mouse oocytes. EMBO J. 2004;23:4649-59 pubmed
- Di Nicola Negri E, Brunetti A, Tavazza M, Ilardi V. Hairpin RNA-mediated silencing of Plum pox virus P1 and HC-Pro genes for efficient and predictable resistance to the virus. Transgenic Res. 2005;14:989-94 pubmed..These data indicate that the RNA silencing of PPV P1/HCPro sequences results in an efficient and predictable PPV resistance, which may be utilized in obtaining stone fruit plants resistant to the devastating Sharka disease...
- Di Benedetto R, Denti M, Salvati S, Sanchez M, Attorri L, David G, et al. RNAi-mediated silencing of ABCD3 gene expression in rat C6 glial cells: a model system to study PMP70 function. Neurochem Int. 2008;52:1106-13 pubmed publisher..Considered as a whole, our results indicate that the abcd3kd cell line is a valuable tool to further study the function of PMP70 and eventually its role in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy...
- Sciaccaluga M, Fioretti B, Catacuzzeno L, Pagani F, Bertollini C, Rosito M, et al. CXCL12-induced glioblastoma cell migration requires intermediate conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channel activity. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C175-84 pubmed publisher..All together these findings suggest that the efficacy of glioblastoma invasiveness might be related to an array of nonoverlapping mechanisms activated by different chemotactic agents. ..
- Fiorenzo P, Mongiardi M, Dimitri D, Cozzolino M, Ferri A, Montano N, et al. HIF1-positive and HIF1-negative glioblastoma cells compete in vitro but cooperate in tumor growth in vivo. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:785-91 pubmed..This suggests that cellular populations that differ in their ability to mount a response to hypoxia may compete in vitro but cooperate in vivo resulting in increased tumor aggressiveness. ..
- Gurtner A, Fuschi P, Martelli F, Manni I, Artuso S, Simonte G, et al. Transcription factor NF-Y induces apoptosis in cells expressing wild-type p53 through E2F1 upregulation and p53 activation. Cancer Res. 2010;70:9711-20 pubmed publisher..Moreover, NF-Y overexpression elicited phosphorylation of wt p53Ser18 in an E2F1-dependent manner. Our findings establish that NF-Y acts upstream of E2F1 in p53-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Asteriti I, Giubettini M, Lavia P, Guarguaglini G. Aurora-A inactivation causes mitotic spindle pole fragmentation by unbalancing microtubule-generated forces. Mol Cancer. 2011;10:131 pubmed publisher..This study therefore highlights a novel role of the Aurora-A kinase in regulating the balance between microtubule forces during bipolar spindle assembly. ..
- Lavra L, Ulivieri A, Rinaldo C, Dominici R, Volante M, Luciani E, et al. Gal-3 is stimulated by gain-of-function p53 mutations and modulates chemoresistance in anaplastic thyroid carcinomas. J Pathol. 2009;218:66-75 pubmed publisher..Interference with Gal-3 expression in these cells stimulated their chemosensitivity. In conclusion, gain-of-function p53 mutant acquires the de novo ability to stimulate Gal-3 expression and to increase chemoresistance in ATCs. ..
- Cadot B, Brunetti M, Coppari S, Fedeli S, De Rinaldis E, Dello Russo C, et al. Loss of histone deacetylase 4 causes segregation defects during mitosis of p53-deficient human tumor cells. Cancer Res. 2009;69:6074-82 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that systemic selective interference with the expression or function of HDAC4 is expected to have a significant therapeutic window, in particular, for p53-deficient tumors. ..
- Matarrese P, Colasanti T, Ascione B, Margutti P, Franconi F, Alessandri C, et al. Gender disparity in susceptibility to oxidative stress and apoptosis induced by autoantibodies specific to RLIP76 in vascular cells. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2011;15:2825-36 pubmed publisher..The aim of this work was to analyze the possible implication of gender in this issue, investigating the effects of aaRLIP76 in rat vascular smooth muscle cells and human endothelial cells from males and females...
- Parisi C, Napoli G, Amadio S, Spalloni A, Apolloni S, Longone P, et al. MicroRNA-125b regulates microglia activation and motor neuron death in ALS. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:531-41 pubmed publisher..We prove that, by restoring A20 levels, miR-125b inhibition then sustains motor neuron survival. These results introduce miR-125b as a key mediator of microglia dynamics in ALS. ..
- Checquolo S, Palermo R, Cialfi S, Ferrara G, Oliviero C, Talora C, et al. Differential subcellular localization regulates c-Cbl E3 ligase activity upon Notch3 protein in T-cell leukemia. Oncogene. 2010;29:1463-74 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that pTalpha/pre-T-cell receptor is able to regulate the different subcellular localization of c-Cbl and, by regulating PKCtheta activity, is also able to influence its ubiquitin ligase activity upon Notch3 protein. ..
- Ilardi V, Nicola Negri E. Genetically engineered resistance to Plum pox virus infection in herbaceous and stone fruit hosts. GM Crops. 2011;2:24-33 pubmed publisher..Moreover, field tests showed that transgene-mediated RNA silencing was effective in protecting plum plants against aphid-mediated PPV infection. The new emerging biotechnological approaches for conferring PPV resistance are discussed...
- Garufi A, Ricci A, Trisciuoglio D, Iorio E, Carpinelli G, Pistritto G, et al. Glucose restriction induces cell death in parental but not in homeodomain-interacting protein kinase 2-depleted RKO colon cancer cells: molecular mechanisms and implications for tumor therapy. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e639 pubmed publisher..Moreover, elimination of such a tolerance might serve as a new strategy for cancer therapy. ..
- Cernilogar F, Onorati M, Kothe G, Burroughs A, Parsi K, Breiling A, et al. Chromatin-associated RNA interference components contribute to transcriptional regulation in Drosophila. Nature. 2011;480:391-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that DCR2 and AGO2 are globally associated with transcriptionally active loci and may have a pivotal role in shaping the transcriptome by controlling the processivity of RNA polymerase II. ..
- Canettieri G, Coni S, Della Guardia M, Nocerino V, Antonucci L, Di Magno L, et al. The coactivator CRTC1 promotes cell proliferation and transformation via AP-1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:1445-50 pubmed publisher..Together, these data illustrate a novel mechanism required to couple mitogenic signals to the AP-1 gene regulatory program. ..
- Marra E, Palombo F, Ciliberto G, Aurisicchio L. Kinesin spindle protein SiRNA slows tumor progression. J Cell Physiol. 2013;228:58-64 pubmed publisher..Our results show that intratumoral electro-transfer of siRNA is feasible and KSP-specific siRNA may provide a novel strategy for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Caprioli F, Sarra M, Caruso R, Stolfi C, Fina D, Sica G, et al. Autocrine regulation of IL-21 production in human T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2008;180:1800-7 pubmed..These data suggest the existence of a positive autocrine loop that could help to amplify and stabilize IL-21-driven, T cell-mediated responses. ..