Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mitosis in Rome, Latium, Italy
Locale: Rome, Latium, Italy
- Ciciarello M, Mangiacasale R, Thibier C, Guarguaglini G, Marchetti E, Di Fiore B, et al. Importin beta is transported to spindle poles during mitosis and regulates Ran-dependent spindle assembly factors in mammalian cells. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6511-22 pubmed..Targeting of TPX2/importin-beta complexes to poles is a key aspect in Ran-dependent control of the mitotic apparatus in mammalian cells. ..
- Tedeschi A, Ciciarello M, Mangiacasale R, Roscioli E, Rensen W, Lavia P. RANBP1 localizes a subset of mitotic regulatory factors on spindle microtubules and regulates chromosome segregation in human cells. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3748-61 pubmed
- Vernarecci S, Ornaghi P, Bâgu A, Cundari E, Ballario P, Filetici P. Gcn5p plays an important role in centromere kinetochore function in budding yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:988-96 pubmed..Our findings offer a key insight into a Gcn5p-dependent epigenetic regulation at centromere/kinetochore in mitosis. ..
- Rensen W, Mangiacasale R, Ciciarello M, Lavia P. The GTPase Ran: regulation of cell life and potential roles in cell transformation. Front Biosci. 2008;13:4097-121 pubmed..In this review we summarize growing evidence suggesting that deregulated activity of Ran or its effectors can contribute to pathways of cell transformation and facilitate tumor progression. ..
- De Luca M, Brunetto L, Asteriti I, Giubettini M, Lavia P, Guarguaglini G. Aurora-A and ch-TOG act in a common pathway in control of spindle pole integrity. Oncogene. 2008;27:6539-49 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a novel function of Aurora-A, the regulation of ch-TOG and MCAK localization, and highlight a common pathway involving the three factors in control of spindle pole integrity. ..
- Cadot B, Brunetti M, Coppari S, Fedeli S, De Rinaldis E, Dello Russo C, et al. Loss of histone deacetylase 4 causes segregation defects during mitosis of p53-deficient human tumor cells. Cancer Res. 2009;69:6074-82 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that systemic selective interference with the expression or function of HDAC4 is expected to have a significant therapeutic window, in particular, for p53-deficient tumors. ..
- Torosantucci L, De Santis Puzzonia M, Cenciarelli C, Rens W, Degrassi F. Aneuploidy in mitosis of PtK1 cells is generated by random loss and nondisjunction of individual chromosomes. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3455-61 pubmed publisher..Our findings imply random missegregation of chromosomes as the initial event in the generation of aneuploidy in mammalian somatic cells...
- La Rosa P, Pesiri V, Marino M, Acconcia F. 17?-Estradiol-induced cell proliferation requires estrogen receptor (ER) ? monoubiquitination. Cell Signal. 2011;23:1128-35 pubmed publisher..Altogether these data demonstrate an inherent role for monoUbq in ER? signaling and point to the physiological function of ER? monoUbq in the regulation of E2-induced cell proliferation. ..
- Mattiuzzo M, Vargiu G, Totta P, Fiore M, Ciferri C, Musacchio A, et al. Abnormal kinetochore-generated pulling forces from expressing a N-terminally modified Hec1. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16307 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings support a model in which centrosome integrity is influenced by the pathways regulating kinetochore-microtubule attachment stability. ..
- Bonaccorsi S, Giansanti M, Gatti M. Spindle assembly in Drosophila neuroblasts and ganglion mother cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:54-6 pubmed
- Pajalunga D, Puggioni E, Mazzola A, Leva V, Montecucco A, Crescenzi M. DNA replication is intrinsically hindered in terminally differentiated myotubes. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11559 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this trait might contribute to explain the inability of these cells to play a role in tissue repair, unlike their counterparts in extensively regenerating species. ..
- Fulco M, Costanzo A, Merlo P, Mangiacasale R, Strano S, Blandino G, et al. p73 is regulated by phosphorylation at the G2/M transition. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:49196-202 pubmed..Together these results indicate that M phase-specific phosphorylation of p73 by p34cdc2-cyclin B is associated with negative regulation of its transcriptional activating function. ..
- Lotti L, Ottini L, D Amico C, Gradini R, Cama A, Belleudi F, et al. Subcellular localization of the BRCA1 gene product in mitotic cells. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2002;35:193-203 pubmed..These results are consistent with an involvement of BRCA1 in the dynamics of the mitotic spindle and in the segregation of duplicated chromosomes. ..
- Dolci S, Levati L, Pellegrini M, Faraoni I, Graziani G, Di Carlo A, et al. Stem cell factor activates telomerase in mouse mitotic spermatogonia and in primordial germ cells. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:1643-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that the induction of telomerase by Kitl may contribute to the self-renewing potential of male germ cells and of PGCs. ..
- Cenci G, Rawson R, Belloni G, Castrillon D, Tudor M, Petrucci R, et al. UbcD1, a Drosophila ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme required for proper telomere behavior. Genes Dev. 1997;11:863-75 pubmed..We therefore suggest that at least one of the targets of UbcD1 ubiquitination is a telomere-associated polypeptide that may help maintain proper chromosomal orientation during interphase. ..
- Cimini D, Mattiuzzo M, Torosantucci L, Degrassi F. Histone hyperacetylation in mitosis prevents sister chromatid separation and produces chromosome segregation defects. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3821-33 pubmed
- Manni I, Tunici P, Cirenei N, Albarosa R, Colombo B, Roz L, et al. Mxi1 inhibits the proliferation of U87 glioma cells through down-regulation of cyclin B1 gene expression. Br J Cancer. 2002;86:477-84 pubmed..Thus, our findings indicate that Mxi1 can act as a tumour suppressor in human glioblastomas through a molecular mechanism involving the transcriptional down-regulation of cyclin B1 gene expression. ..
- Colicchia V, Petroni M, Guarguaglini G, Sardina F, SahÃºn Roncero M, Carbonari M, et al. PARP inhibitors enhance replication stress and cause mitotic catastrophe in MYCN-dependent neuroblastoma. Oncogene. 2017;36:4682-4691 pubmed publisher..These data highlight a novel route for cell death induction by PARP inhibitors and support their introduction, together with CHK1 inhibitors, in therapeutic approaches for neuroblastomas with high MYC(N) activity. ..