Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Rome, Latium, Italy
Locale: Rome, Latium, Italy
Publications2139 found, 100 shown here
- De Lorenzo A, Di Renzo L, Puja A, Saccucci P, Gloria Bottini F, Bottini E. A study of acid phosphatase locus 1 in women with high fat content and normal body mass index. Metabolism. 2009;58:351-4 pubmed publisher..Because ACP(1) is present in adipocytes, the present observation suggests that F isoform may have a specific role in the regulation of quantity of adipose tissue. ..
- Pompeo E, Albonici L, Doldo E, Orlandi A, Manzari V, Modesti A, et al. Placenta growth factor expression has prognostic value in malignant pleural mesothelioma. Ann Thorac Surg. 2009;88:426-31 pubmed publisher..In addition, the finding of an inverse relationship between PlGF expression levels and survival suggests a pivotal role of this factor in the recurrence and progression of mesothelioma after extrapleural pneumonectomy. ..
- Sponziello M, Scipioni A, Durante C, Verrienti A, Maranghi M, Giacomelli L, et al. Regulation of sodium/iodide symporter and lactoperoxidase expression in four human breast cancer cell lines. J Endocrinol Invest. 2010;33:2-6 pubmed publisher..Other molecules or other drug combinations should be tested to extend the same strategy to the less differentiated and more aggressive tumor cells, including those carrying the BRCA mutation. ..
- Valentini V, Glimelius B. Rectal cancer radiotherapy: towards European consensus. Acta Oncol. 2010;49:1206-16 pubmed publisher..In spite of substantial progress, many research challenges remain. ..
- Mazzei F, Guarrera S, Allione A, Simonelli V, Narciso L, Barone F, et al. 8-Oxoguanine DNA-glycosylase repair activity and expression: a comparison between cryopreserved isolated lymphocytes and EBV-derived lymphoblastoid cell lines. Mutat Res. 2011;718:62-7 pubmed publisher..The use of LCL for DNA-repair genotype-phenotype correlation studies seems to be inappropriate, at least with cell-free based functional assays. ..
- Sacchetti M, Micera A, Lambiase A, Speranza S, Mantelli F, Petrachi G, et al. Tear levels of neuropeptides increase after specific allergen challenge in allergic conjunctivitis. Mol Vis. 2011;17:47-52 pubmed..Locally-released neuromediators may participate in modulating the allergic response of the ocular surface. ..
- Annibali S, Cristalli M, Dell Aquila D, Bignozzi I, La Monaca G, Pilloni A. Short dental implants: a systematic review. J Dent Res. 2012;91:25-32 pubmed publisher..The provision of short implant-supported prostheses in patients with atrophic alveolar ridges appears to be a successful treatment option in the short term; however, more scientific evidence is needed for the long term...
- Armuzzi A, Pugliese D, Danese S, Rizzo G, Felice C, Marzo M, et al. Infliximab in steroid-dependent ulcerative colitis: effectiveness and predictors of clinical and endoscopic remission. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013;19:1065-72 pubmed publisher..14). Infliximab seems effective in steroid-dependent UC. Thiopurine-naive status and combination therapy significantly increase the rate of steroid-free remission up to 12 months. ..
- D Ilio S, Forastiere F, Draicchio A, Majorani C, Petrucci F, Violante N, et al. Human biomonitoring for Cd, Hg and Pb in blood of inhabitants of the Sacco Valley (Italy). Ann Ist Super Sanita. 2013;49:24-33 pubmed publisher..The unclear trend of data would require a characterization of the polluted site with environmental sampling of different matrices. ..
- Gori M, Barbaro B, Arciello M, Maggio R, Viscomi C, Longo A, et al. Protective effect of the Y220C mutant p53 against steatosis: good news?. J Cell Physiol. 2014;229:1182-92 pubmed publisher..Being this mutation very frequent in human cancers, this study could be a breakthrough in explaining the occurrence of hepatocarcinoma in steatotic patients without NASH and cirrhosis. ..
- Fintini D, Cappa M, Brufani C, Bernardini S, Barbetti F. Prevalence of elevated 1-h plasma glucose and its associations in obese youth. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;116:202-4 pubmed publisher..Performance of elevated 1-h glucose in predicting T2D in overweight youngsters should be tested. ..
- Pace A, Dirven L, Koekkoek J, Golla H, Fleming J, Ruda R, et al. European Association for Neuro-Oncology (EANO) guidelines for palliative care in adults with glioma. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:e330-e340 pubmed publisher..Areas of palliative care that currently lack evidence and thus deserve attention for further research are fatigue, disorders of behaviour and mood, interventions for the needs of caregivers, and timing of advance care planning. ..
- Cavalli F, Remke M, Rampášek L, Peacock J, Shih D, Luu B, et al. Intertumoral Heterogeneity within Medulloblastoma Subgroups. Cancer Cell. 2017;31:737-754.e6 pubmed publisher..Medulloblastoma subtypes identified through integrative clustering have important implications for stratification of future clinical trials. ..
- Giampaolo A, Acampora D, Zappavigna V, Pannese M, D ESPOSITO M, Care A, et al. Differential expression of human HOX-2 genes along the anterior-posterior axis in embryonic central nervous system. Differentiation. 1989;40:191-7 pubmed..Thus, the relative position of HOX-2 homeobox genes along the chromosome in the 5'-3' direction appears to correlate with the relative position of their expression domains along the CNS longitudinal axis in the caudal-cephalic direction...
- Ferrandina G, Ranelletti F, Legge F, Salutari V, Martinelli E, Fattorossi A, et al. Celecoxib up-regulates the expression of the zeta chain of T cell receptor complex in tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in human cervical cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:2055-60 pubmed
- Mancone C, Amicone L, Fimia G, Bravo E, Piacentini M, Tripodi M, et al. Proteomic analysis of human very low-density lipoprotein by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis and MALDI-TOF/TOF. Proteomics. 2007;7:143-54 pubmed..While the physiological relevance of our finding remains to be assessed, we believe that our results will be useful as reference for future studies of VLDL structure in specific physiopathological conditions. ..
- Fabiana A, Donia D, Gabrieli R, Petrinca A, Cenko F, Bebeci D, et al. Influence of enteric viruses on gastroenteritis in Albania: epidemiological and molecular analysis. J Med Virol. 2007;79:1844-9 pubmed..9%), and enteric adenovirus in 18 (12.3%) samples. Double infection was present only in 14 samples (9.5%). The data suggest an evident circulation of viruses involved in gastroenteritis with a higher prevalence of rotavirus...
- Pitocco D, Zelano G, Gioffrè G, Di Stasio E, Zaccardi F, Martini F, et al. Association between osteoprotegerin G1181C and T245G polymorphisms and diabetic charcot neuroarthropathy: a case-control study. Diabetes Care. 2009;32:1694-7 pubmed publisher..This is the first study that shows an association between genetic regulation of bone remodeling and Charcot neuroarthropathy. ..
- Iliceto P, Candilera G, Funaro D, Pompili M, Kaplan K, Markus Kaplan M. Hopelessness, temperament, anger and interpersonal relationships in Holocaust (Shoah) survivors' grandchildren. J Relig Health. 2011;50:321-9 pubmed publisher..Attribution theory was used to elucidate these findings. ..
- Vannella L, Lahner E, Osborn J, Bordi C, Miglione M, Delle Fave G, et al. Risk factors for progression to gastric neoplastic lesions in patients with atrophic gastritis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2010;31:1042-50 pubmed publisher..In this subset of patients, an endoscopic-histological follow-up for GNL surveillance may be worthwhile. ..
- Asteriti I, Giubettini M, Lavia P, Guarguaglini G. Aurora-A inactivation causes mitotic spindle pole fragmentation by unbalancing microtubule-generated forces. Mol Cancer. 2011;10:131 pubmed publisher..This study therefore highlights a novel role of the Aurora-A kinase in regulating the balance between microtubule forces during bipolar spindle assembly. ..
- Bozzola E, Tozzi A, Bozzola M, Krzysztofiak A, Valentini D, Grandin A, et al. Neurological complications of varicella in childhood: case series and a systematic review of the literature. Vaccine. 2012;30:5785-90 pubmed publisher..The obtained results may be useful for estimating costs associated with hospitalization from varicella in cost-benefit analysis for immunization. ..
- Maroli M, Krasnonos L, Gafurov I. Epidemiological and entomological survey in a focus of visceral leishmaniasis in Pap district (Fergana Valley) of Namangan region, Uzbekistan. Acta Trop. 2001;80:223-8 pubmed..2%), P. keshishiani (0.6%) and S. grekovi (0.1%). The role of the suspected vector, P. longiductus in the transmission of VL cases in the Fergana focus is discussed in relation to its abundance and distribution in the valley. ..
- Orlacchio A, Gaudiello F, Totaro A, Floris R, St George Hyslop P, Bernardi G, et al. A new SPG4 mutation in a variant form of spastic paraplegia with congenital arachnoid cysts. Neurology. 2004;62:1875-8 pubmed..A molecular study has revealed a novel missense mutation, T614I, in exon 17 of SPG4, which may play a role in both focal cortical dysgenesis and neurodegeneration of the motor neurons in the corticospinal tract. ..
- Palmieri F, Petrosillo N, Paglia M, Conte A, Goletti D, Pucillo L, et al. Genetic confirmation of quinine-resistant Plasmodium falciparum malaria followed by postmalaria neurological syndrome in a traveler from Mozambique. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:5424-6 pubmed..falciparum isolate obtained by analysis of msp1 and msp2 amplicons revealed the coexistence of two genotypes causing the first malaria episode and the presence of a unique isolate responsible for the recurrence. ..
- Cianfrone G, Turchetta R, Mazzei F, Bartolo M, Parisi L. Temperature-dependent auditory neuropathy: is it an acoustic Uhthoff-like phenomenon? A case report. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2006;115:518-27 pubmed..This case of temperature-dependent auditory neuropathy is noteworthy because it sheds light on a disorder of which there have been few reports in the literature. We discuss its similarity to Uhthoff's phenomenon. ..
- Ciccaglione A, Marcantonio C, Tritarelli E, Tataseo P, Ferraris A, Bruni R, et al. Microarray analysis identifies a common set of cellular genes modulated by different HCV replicon clones. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:309 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a comprehensive analysis of alterations in gene expression induced by HCV replication and reveal modulation of new genes potentially useful for selection of antiviral targets. ..
- Palmirotta R, Savonarola A, Formica V, Ludovici G, Del Monte G, Roselli M, et al. A novel K-ras mutation in colorectal cancer. A case report and literature review. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:3369-74 pubmed
- D Annibale M, Cosimelli M, Covello R, Stasi E. Liposarcoma of the colon presenting as an endoluminal mass. World J Surg Oncol. 2009;7:78 pubmed publisher..Primary liposarcoma of the colon is very rare. The optimal treatment has not been established due to the small number of cases reported. We report a case of primary liposarcoma of the colon presenting as a massive intraluminal lesion...
- Totaro A, Renzi F, La Fata G, Mattioli C, Raabe M, Urlaub H, et al. The human Pat1b protein: a novel mRNA deadenylation factor identified by a new immunoprecipitation technique. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:635-47 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that Pat1b, unlike yPat1p, acts as an mRNA-specific deadenylation factor, highlighting the emerging importance of deadenylation in the mRNA regulation of higher eukaryotes. ..
- Diamanti A, Rosado M, Germano V, Scarsella M, Giorda E, Podestà E, et al. Reversion of resistance to immunosuppressive agents in three patients with psoriatic arthritis by cyclosporine A: modulation of P-glycoprotein function. Clin Immunol. 2011;138:9-13 pubmed publisher..This is the first time that CSA has been demonstrated as being able to revert MTX/SSA resistance in PsA. ..
- Caravatta L, Picardi V, Tambaro R, Padula G, Macchia G, Deodato F, et al. Neoadjuvant accelerated concomitant boost radiotherapy and multidrug chemotherapy in locally advanced rectal cancer: a dose-escalation study. Am J Clin Oncol. 2012;35:424-31 pubmed..On the basis of these results, this intensified regimen could be tested in a phase II study. ..
- Castiglione N, Rinaldo S, Giardina G, Stelitano V, Cutruzzola F. Nitrite and nitrite reductases: from molecular mechanisms to significance in human health and disease. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2012;17:684-716 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that nitrite (as well as nitrate-rich diet for long-term applications) may hold promise as therapeutic agent in vascular dysfunction and ischemic injury, as well as an effective compound able to promote angiogenesis. ..
- Sale P, Franceschini M. Action observation and mirror neuron network: a tool for motor stroke rehabilitation. Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2012;48:313-8 pubmed..On basis of this finding, during the last 10 years various studies were carry out regarding the clinical use of action observation for motor rehabilitation of sub-acute and chronic stroke patients. ..
- Nasrollah N, Trimboli P, Guidobaldi L, Cicciarella Modica D, Ventura C, Ramacciato G, et al. Thin core biopsy should help to discriminate thyroid nodules cytologically classified as indeterminate. A new sampling technique. Endocrine. 2013;43:659-65 pubmed publisher..As a conclusion, thin core biopsy should help to discern the nature of thyroid lesions cytologically classified as indeterminate, and it should be used as a complementary test in thyroid nodule assessment. ..
- Falsini B, Iarossi G, Chiaretti A, Ruggiero A, Manni L, Luigi M, et al. NGF eye-drops topical administration in patients with retinitis pigmentosa, a pilot study. J Transl Med. 2016;14:8 pubmed publisher..This study supports the safety and possible efficacy of NGF eye-drops administration in RP patients. EudraCT n. 2008-004561-26. ..
- Natoli G, Costanzo A, Ianni A, Templeton D, Woodgett J, Balsano C, et al. Activation of SAPK/JNK by TNF receptor 1 through a noncytotoxic TRAF2-dependent pathway. Science. 1997;275:200-3 pubmed..Therefore, SAPK activation occurs through a pathway that is not required for TNF-R1-induced apoptosis. ..
- Bernassola F, Federici M, Corazzari M, Terrinoni A, Hribal M, De Laurenzi V, et al. Role of transglutaminase 2 in glucose tolerance: knockout mice studies and a putative mutation in a MODY patient. FASEB J. 2002;16:1371-8 pubmed..Collectively, these results identify TGase 2 as a potential candidate gene in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Carducci C, Birarelli M, Leuzzi V, Carducci C, Battini R, Cioni G, et al. Guanidinoacetate and creatine plus creatinine assessment in physiologic fluids: an effective diagnostic tool for the biochemical diagnosis of arginine:glycine amidinotransferase and guanidinoacetate methyltransferase deficiencies. Clin Chem. 2002;48:1772-8 pubmed..7 micromol/L) and urine (2.1 mmol/L). GAA was increased in the parents' plasmas and in the mother's urine. The assessment of GAA is a new tool for the detection of both GAMT and AGAT deficiencies. ..
- Massella L, Onetti Muda A, Faraggiana T, Bette C, Renieri A, Rizzoni G. Epidermal basement membrane alpha 5(IV) expression in females with Alport syndrome and severity of renal disease. Kidney Int. 2003;64:1787-91 pubmed..Our data suggest that there is no correlation between the severity of the glomerular involvement (expressed by proteinuria) and the staining of the alpha 5 chain in the EBM in females with X-linked Alport syndrome. ..
- Vasapollo B, Valensise H, Novelli G, Altomare F, Galante A, Arduini D. Abnormal maternal cardiac function precedes the clinical manifestation of fetal growth restriction. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2004;24:23-9 pubmed..83; P < 0.0001). Mothers of SGA fetuses show hemodynamic features similar to those with physiological pregnancies suggesting that their fetuses are likely to be constitutionally small and not pathologically growth-restricted. ..
- Buffolano W, Beghetto E, Del Pezzo M, Spadoni A, Di Cristina M, Petersen E, et al. Use of recombinant antigens for early postnatal diagnosis of congenital toxoplasmosis. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:5916-24 pubmed..0001). The use of recombinant antigens is effective in distinguishing T. gondii-infected from uninfected infants and shows that assays based on recombinant antigens improve the diagnosis of newborns with congenital toxoplasmosis...
- Coen G, Ballanti P, Balducci A, Grandi F, Manni M, Mantella D, et al. Renal osteodystrophy: alpha-Heremans Schmid glycoprotein/fetuin-A, matrix GLA protein serum levels, and bone histomorphometry. Am J Kidney Dis. 2006;48:106-13 pubmed..Fetuin-A, as opposed to MGP, is known to inhibit the TGF-beta/BMP complex, a protein-cytokine system that appears to be an important regulator of bone formation and probably a factor with an important role in renal osteodystrophy. ..
- Iacovelli L, Arcella A, Battaglia G, Pazzaglia S, Aronica E, Spinsanti P, et al. Pharmacological activation of mGlu4 metabotropic glutamate receptors inhibits the growth of medulloblastomas. J Neurosci. 2006;26:8388-97 pubmed..These data suggest that mGlu4 receptor enhancers are promising drugs for the treatment of medulloblastomas. ..
- Santoro E, Agresta F, Buscaglia F, Mulieri G, Mazzarolo G, Bedin N, et al. Preliminary experience using fibrin glue for mesh fixation in 250 patients undergoing minilaparoscopic transabdominal preperitoneal hernia repair. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2007;17:12-5 pubmed..In addition, the fibrin fixation method seems to decrease postoperative neuralgia and reduced the incidence of postoperative seromas and hematomas. ..
- Santini D, Perrone G, Vincenzi B, Lai R, Cass C, Alloni R, et al. Human equilibrative nucleoside transporter 1 (hENT1) protein is associated with short survival in resected ampullary cancer. Ann Oncol. 2008;19:724-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, recent reports indicate a significant correlation between immunohistochemical variations of hENT1 in tumor samples and survival after gemcitabine therapy in patients with solid tumors...
- Gaetani S, Kaye W, Cuomo V, Piomelli D. Role of endocannabinoids and their analogues in obesity and eating disorders. Eat Weight Disord. 2008;13:e42-8 pubmed..These results complete previous observation on anandamide content, which resulted altered in plasma of women affected by anorexia nervosa or binge-eating disorder. ..
- Niscola P, Sorrentino F, Scaramucci L, De Fabritiis P, Cianciulli P. Pain syndromes in sickle cell disease: an update. Pain Med. 2009;10:470-80 pubmed publisher..Pain management is not standardized and often difficult, so that many patients with SCD are still poorly treated. Further efforts to develop care plans and treatment protocols as well as management guidelines are required. ..
- Zocco M, Di Stasio E, De Cristofaro R, Novi M, Ainora M, Ponziani F, et al. Thrombotic risk factors in patients with liver cirrhosis: correlation with MELD scoring system and portal vein thrombosis development. J Hepatol. 2009;51:682-9 pubmed publisher..A reduced portal flow velocity seems to be the most important predictive variable for PVT development in patients with cirrhosis. ..
- Scarpellini E, Giorgio V, Gabrielli M, Lauritano E, Pantanella A, Fundaro C, et al. Prevalence of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in children with irritable bowel syndrome: a case-control study. J Pediatr. 2009;155:416-20 pubmed publisher..Placebo-controlled interventional studies with antibiotics used to treat bacterial overgrowth are warranted to clarify the real impact of the disease on IBS symptoms. ..
- Indelicato M, Pucci B, Schito L, Reali V, Aventaggiato M, Mazzarino M, et al. Role of hypoxia and autophagy in MDA-MB-231 invasiveness. J Cell Physiol. 2010;223:359-68 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study shows that hypoxia and autophagy by acting on common (HIF-1alpha) or separate (MMPs, cytoskeleton) targets differently regulate cell invasion, MMPs activity, and survival. ..
- Mecenate F, Pellicelli A, Barbaro G, Romano M, Barlattani A, Mazzoni E, et al. Short versus standard treatment with pegylated interferon alfa-2A plus ribavirin in patients with hepatitis C virus genotype 2 or 3: the cleo trial. BMC Gastroenterol. 2010;10:21 pubmed publisher..In HCV patients with genotype 2 or 3, 12-week combination therapy is as efficacious as 24-week therapy and several independent covariates were predictive of SVR. Trial number ISRCTN29259563. ..
- Spigaglia P, Barbanti F, Dionisi A, Mastrantonio P. Clostridium difficile isolates resistant to fluoroquinolones in Italy: emergence of PCR ribotype 018. J Clin Microbiol. 2010;48:2892-6 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results demonstrate an increasing number of C. difficile strains resistant to fluoroquinolones in Italy and changes in the prevalence and type of C. difficile isolates resistant to fluoroquinolones circulating over time. ..
- Cianchini G, Lupi F, Masini C, Corona R, Puddu P, De Pita O. Therapy with rituximab for autoimmune pemphigus: results from a single-center observational study on 42 cases with long-term follow-up. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2012;67:617-22 pubmed publisher..Rituximab therapy induces prolonged clinical remission in patients with pemphigus. Coadministration of other immunosuppressive agents is not necessary. Relapses can be managed with additional infusions administered on demand. ..
- Cesaro P, Hassan C, Spada C, Petruzziello L, Vitale G, Costamagna G. A new low-volume isosmotic polyethylene glycol solution plus bisacodyl versus split-dose 4 L polyethylene glycol for bowel cleansing prior to colonoscopy: a randomised controlled trial. Dig Liver Dis. 2013;45:23-7 pubmed publisher..001). New low-volume preparations seem to be as effective as the split 4-L polyethylene glycol regimen, showing a better tolerability and acceptability. ..
- Caserta D, Graziano A, Lo Monte G, Bordi G, Moscarini M. Heavy metals and placental fetal-maternal barrier: a mini-review on the major concerns. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2013;17:2198-206 pubmed..The aim of this mini-review is to summarise the current state of knowledge about the interaction between HMs and placental barrier, considering possible implications on fetal health. ..
- Cameli N, Mariano M, Serio M, ArdigÃ² M. Preliminary comparison of fractional laser with fractional laser plus radiofrequency for the treatment of acne scars and photoaging. Dermatol Surg. 2014;40:553-61 pubmed publisher..Our results underlined the high efficacy of combining CO2 laser and radiofrequency, producing better results with fewer sessions, lower risks, and fewer side effects. ..
- Pietrantonio F, Orlandi A, Inno A, DA Prat V, Spada D, Iaculli A, et al. Bevacizumab-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy for colorectal cancer liver metastases: Pitfalls and helpful tricks in a review for clinicians. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2015;95:272-81 pubmed publisher..In this review, we evaluate the available data with the aim to help the clinicians in the pre- and post-surgical care of patient with colorectal cancer liver metastases treated with bevacizumab-based neoadjuvant strategy. ..
- De Biase A, Ottolenghi L, Polimeni A, Benvenuto A, Lubrano R, Magliocca F. Bilateral mandibular cysts associated with cyclosporine use: a case report. Pediatr Nephrol. 2001;16:993-5 pubmed..Gingival hypertrophy might mechanically obstruct the eruption of the developing tooth. ..
- Marangi M, Zechini B, Fileti A, Quaranta G, Aceti A. Hymenolepis diminuta infection in a child living in the urban area of Rome, Italy. J Clin Microbiol. 2003;41:3994-5 pubmed..Praziquantel is the drug of choice for the treatment of H. diminuta infection. However, considering the patient's neurological disease, we decided to use not praziquantel but niclosamide, which proved equally effective...
- Pizzuti A, Sarkozy A, Newton A, Conti E, Flex E, Digilio M, et al. Mutations of ZFPM2/FOG2 gene in sporadic cases of tetralogy of Fallot. Hum Mutat. 2003;22:372-7 pubmed..ZFPM2/FOG2 gene mutations may contribute to some sporadic cases of TOF. ..
- Cozza P, Marino A, Ballanti F. Orthodontic treatment of a patient with an unusual impaction of a central incisor: case report. J Dent Child (Chic). 2003;70:174-7 pubmed..The lingual arch caused some minor inconveniences, but the discomfort was slight. Patient compliance was not a problem because a fixed appliance was used in the primary dentition. ..
- Monego G, Arena V, Maggiano N, Costarelli L, Crescenzi A, Zelano G, et al. Borderline HER-2 breast cancer cases: histochemical versus real-time PCR analysis and impact of different cut-off values. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2007;67:402-12 pubmed..Finally, above certain in-lab generated threshold values, PCR might be proposed as a highly predictive positive test in HER-2 assessment. ..
- Sannella A, Casini A, Gabbiani C, Messori L, Bilia A, Vincieri F, et al. New uses for old drugs. Auranofin, a clinically established antiarthritic metallodrug, exhibits potent antimalarial effects in vitro: Mechanistic and pharmacological implications. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:844-7 pubmed publisher..falciparum thioredoxin reductase. The above findings and the safe toxicity profile of auranofin warrant rapid evaluation of AF for malaria treatment in animal models. ..
- Cascone P, Petrucci B, Ramieri V, Marianetti T, TitoMatteo M. Security Hi-tech Individual Extra-light Device Mask: a new protection for [soccer] players. J Craniofac Surg. 2008;19:772-6 pubmed publisher..This mask shortens convalescence period, and due to its realization, it is comfortable and easy fitting, thus allowing the player to perform at a professional level in his sport activity in the shortest time possible...
- Cruciani F, Trombetta B, Labuda D, Modiano D, Torroni A, Costa R, et al. Genetic diversity patterns at the human clock gene period 2 are suggestive of population-specific positive selection. Eur J Hum Genet. 2008;16:1526-34 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings indicate that a human clock-relevant gene, PER2, might have been influenced by positive selection, and offer preliminary insights into the evolution of this functional class of genes. ..
- Tiberi F, Tropea A, Apa R, Romani F, Lanzone A, Marana R. Prokineticin 1 mRNA expression in the endometrium of healthy women and in the eutopic endometrium of women with endometriosis. Fertil Steril. 2010;93:2145-9 pubmed publisher..An altered expression of PROK1 could be one of the several biochemical abnormalities characterizing eutopic endometrium in endometriosis. ..
- Nardi P, Pellegrino A, Scafuri A, Colella D, Bassano C, Polisca P, et al. Long-term outcome of coronary artery bypass grafting in patients with left ventricular dysfunction. Ann Thorac Surg. 2009;87:1401-7 pubmed publisher..Complete revascularization and internal thoracic artery grafting are associated with high freedom from myocardial infarction. Careful treatment of arrhythmias, diabetes, and renal dysfunction is necessary to improve long-term survival. ..
- D Ettorre G, Ceccarelli G, Zaffiri L, Falcone M, Mastroianni C, Venditti M, et al. Infectious aortitis and spondylodiscitis in patients with endovascular stents. Minerva Med. 2009;100:167-70 pubmed..In the present, due to the high risk in performing a surgical procedure, a conservative chronic suppressive antimicrobial therapy with teicoplanin allowed to control the infection on an outpatient basis, thereby reducing the costs...
- Rutella S, De Cristofaro R, Ferraccioli G. Function and dysfunction of dendritic cells in autoimmune rheumatic diseases. Hum Immunol. 2009;70:360-73 pubmed..This article will review the current experimental evidence underpinning DC dysfunction in rheumatic autoimmune diseases and will discuss how the manipulation of DC and Treg number and function may control undesired T-cell responses. ..
- Mandosi E, Fallarino M, Gatti A, Carnovale A, Rossetti M, Lococo E, et al. Atorvastatin downregulates monocyte CD36 expression, nuclear NFkappaB and TNFalpha levels in type 2 diabetes. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2010;17:539-45 pubmed..05). These results suggest that atorvastatin therapy, beside lowering serum cholesterol levels, could exert anti-atherogenic and anti-inflammatory effects in type 2 diabetic patients. ..
- Marinozzi A, Longo U, Cazzato L, Martinelli N, Maffulli N, Denaro V. Bilateral tibial hallux sesamoid agenesis and fibular hallux sesamoid hypoplasia in a patient with bilateral hallux valgus. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2011;101:452-5 pubmed..Our patient was managed operatively with good clinical results. Combined tibial sesamoid agenesis and fibular sesamoid hypoplasia do not seem to negatively influence the management of hallux valgus...
- Capriotti A, Caruso G, Cavaliere C, Foglia P, Samperi R, Lagana A. Multiclass mycotoxin analysis in food, environmental and biological matrices with chromatography/mass spectrometry. Mass Spectrom Rev. 2012;31:466-503 pubmed publisher..Finally, because the best way to shed light on actual risk assessment could be the individuation of exposure biomarkers, the review covers also the scarce literature on biological fluids. ..
- Bernardo M, Piras E, Vacca A, Giorgiani G, Zecca M, Bertaina A, et al. Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in thalassemia major: results of a reduced-toxicity conditioning regimen based on the use of treosulfan. Blood. 2012;120:473-6 pubmed publisher..Neither the class of risk nor the donor used influenced outcome. This treosulfan-based preparation proved to be safe and effective for thalassemia patients given allogeneic HSCT. ..
- Travaglino F, De Berardinis B, Magrini L, Bongiovanni C, Candelli M, Silveri N, et al. Utility of Procalcitonin (PCT) and Mid regional pro-Adrenomedullin (MR-proADM) in risk stratification of critically ill febrile patients in Emergency Department (ED). A comparison with APACHE II score. BMC Infect Dis. 2012;12:184 pubmed
- De Donato M, Petrillo M, Martinelli E, Filippetti F, Zannoni G, Scambia G, et al. Uncovering the role of nuclear Lysyl oxidase (LOX) in advanced high grade serous ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:170-178 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that LOX functions as a tumor promoter in HGSOC and positively regulates several aspects of the metastatic cascade. ..
- Ricci Vitiani L, Pedini F, Mollinari C, Condorelli G, Bonci D, Bez A, et al. Absence of caspase 8 and high expression of PED protect primitive neural cells from cell death. J Exp Med. 2004;200:1257-66 pubmed..Thus, absence of caspase 8 and high expression of PED constitute two levels of protection from apoptosis induced by DRs and inflammatory cytokines in neural stem and progenitor cells. ..
- De Giorgio F, Abbate A, Stigliano E, Capelli A, Arena V. Hypoplastic coronary artery disease causing sudden death. Report of two cases and review of the literature. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2010;19:e107-11 pubmed publisher..We report two additional cases of previously apparently healthy people who died suddenly and were found to have HCAD at postmortem evaluation. The clinicopathologic findings are discussed along with a review of the literature. ..
- Mai A, Rotili D, Valente S, Kazantsev A. Histone deacetylase inhibitors and neurodegenerative disorders: holding the promise. Curr Pharm Des. 2009;15:3940-57 pubmed..Here we survey most of the recent applications of HDAC inhibitors in the cited NDs, and we make the point of our (up to now) knowledge about the involvement of singular HDAC/SIRT isoform in NDs and other CNS pathologies. ..
- Treglia G, Castaldi P, Villani M, Perotti G, de Waure C, Filice A, et al. Comparison of 18F-DOPA, 18F-FDG and 68Ga-somatostatin analogue PET/CT in patients with recurrent medullary thyroid carcinoma. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2012;39:569-80 pubmed publisher..To retrospectively evaluate and compare (18)F-FDG, (18)F-DOPA and (68)Ga-somatostatin analogues for PET/CT in patients with residual/recurrent medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) suspected on the basis of elevated serum calcitonin levels...
- Aloi M, Tromba L, Di Nardo G, Dilillo A, Del Giudice E, Marocchi E, et al. Premature subclinical atherosclerosis in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease. J Pediatr. 2012;161:589-94.e1 pubmed publisher..Premature endothelial dysfunction occurs in pediatric IBD. This represents a new challenge in the management of pediatric IBD, leading to prevention strategies of cardiovascular disease. ..
- Rossini P, Altamura C, Ferretti A, Vernieri F, Zappasodi F, Caulo M, et al. Does cerebrovascular disease affect the coupling between neuronal activity and local haemodynamics?. Brain. 2004;127:99-110 pubmed..This finding suggests that BOLD contrast could be more sensitive than TCD to chronic microvascular impairments, measuring small- rather than large- vessel reactivity. ..
- Flex A, Gaetani E, Papaleo P, Straface G, Proia A, Pecorini G, et al. Proinflammatory genetic profiles in subjects with history of ischemic stroke. Stroke. 2004;35:2270-5 pubmed..2 to 248.1), respectively. Proinflammatory genetic profiles are significantly more common in subjects with stroke history. Synergistic effects between proinflammatory genotypes might be potential markers for cerebrovascular diseases. ..