Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Rome, Latium, Italy
Locale: Rome, Latium, Italy
Publications1006 found, 100 shown here
- Melino G, Gallagher E, Aqeilan R, Knight R, Peschiaroli A, Rossi M, et al. Itch: a HECT-type E3 ligase regulating immunity, skin and cancer. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:1103-12 pubmed publisher..Our contribution is also an endeavor to correlate Itch substrate specificity with the pathological defects manifested by the mutant Itchy mice. ..
- Covaceuszach S, Capsoni S, Ugolini G, Spirito F, Vignone D, Cattaneo A. Development of a non invasive NGF-based therapy for Alzheimer's disease. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2009;6:158-70 pubmed..The development of hNGF-61 towards clinical applications in AD patients is under way. ..
- Vezzoli G, Soldati L, Gambaro G. Roles of calcium-sensing receptor (CaSR) in renal mineral ion transport. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2009;10:302-10 pubmed..From a teleological perspective, CaSR seems to protect human tissues against calcium excess in extracellular fluids. ..
- Musella A, De Chiara V, Rossi S, Cavasinni F, Castelli M, Cantarella C, et al. Transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 channels control acetylcholine/2-arachidonoylglicerol coupling in the striatum. Neuroscience. 2010;167:864-71 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological interventions targeting AEA metabolism and TRPV1 channels might be considered alternative therapeutic routes in disorders of striatal cholinergic or endocannabinoid neurotransmission...
- Di Marcotullio L, Greco A, Mazza D, Canettieri G, Pietrosanti L, Infante P, et al. Numb activates the E3 ligase Itch to control Gli1 function through a novel degradation signal. Oncogene. 2011;30:65-76 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a novel mechanism of regulation of Gli1 stability and function, which influences Hedgehog/Gli1 oncogenic potential. ..
- Rosati J, Spallotta F, Nanni S, Grasselli A, Antonini A, Vincenti S, et al. Smad-interacting protein-1 and microRNA 200 family define a nitric oxide-dependent molecular circuitry involved in embryonic stem cell mesendoderm differentiation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:898-907 pubmed publisher
- Capodicasa C, Chiani P, Bromuro C, De Bernardis F, Catellani M, Palma A, et al. Plant production of anti-?-glucan antibodies for immunotherapy of fungal infections in humans. Plant Biotechnol J. 2011;9:776-87 pubmed publisher..albicans infection. These recombinant Abs represent valuable molecules for developing novel, plant-derived immunotherapeutics against candidiasis and, possibly, other fungal diseases. ..
- Venerosi A, Ricceri L, Tait S, Calamandrei G. Sex dimorphic behaviors as markers of neuroendocrine disruption by environmental chemicals: the case of chlorpyrifos. Neurotoxicology. 2012;33:1420-1426 pubmed publisher..This widely diffused organophosphorus pesticide might thus be considered as a neuroendocrine disruptor possibly representing a risk factor for sex-biased neurodevelopmental disorders in children. ..
- Manganelli M, Scardala S, Stefanelli M, Palazzo F, Funari E, Vichi S, et al. Emerging health issues of cyanobacterial blooms. Ann Ist Super Sanita. 2012;48:415-28 pubmed publisher..In addition, many data gaps exist in the characterization of the toxicological profiles, especially about long term effects. ..
- Funari E, Manganelli M, Sinisi L. Impact of climate change on waterborne diseases. Ann Ist Super Sanita. 2012;48:473-87 pubmed..The final aim is provide knowledge-based elements for more focused adaptation measures. ..
- Rea G, Cristofaro F, Pani G, Pascucci B, Ghuge S, Corsetto P, et al. Microgravity-driven remodeling of the proteome reveals insights into molecular mechanisms and signal networks involved in response to the space flight environment. J Proteomics. 2016;137:3-18 pubmed publisher..Future perspectives are also highlighted. ..
- Nicoletti R, Trincone A. Bioactive Compounds Produced by Strains of Penicillium and Talaromyces of Marine Origin. Mar Drugs. 2016;14: pubmed publisher..This paper offers an overview of data published over the past 25 years concerning the production and biological activities of secondary metabolites of marine strains belonging to these genera, and their relevance as prospective drugs. ..
- Craxi L, Sacchini D, Refolo P, Minacori R, Daloiso V, Ricci G, et al. Prioritization of high-cost new drugs for HCV: making sustainability ethical. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2016;20:1044-51 pubmed
- De Matteis M, Staiano L, Emma F, Devuyst O. The 5-phosphatase OCRL in Lowe syndrome and Dent disease 2. Nat Rev Nephrol. 2017;13:455-470 pubmed publisher..Understanding how mutations in OCRL give rise to two clinical entities with differing extrarenal manifestations represents an opportunity to identify molecular pathways that could be targeted to develop treatments for these conditions. ..
- Macchiarelli R. Prehistoric "fish-eaters" along the eastern Arabian coasts: dental variation, morphology, and oral health in the Ra's al-Hamra community (Qurum, sultanate of Oman, 5th-4th millennia BC). Am J Phys Anthropol. 1989;78:575-94 pubmed..The present paper offers an odontological data set for future comparative research in the area. ..
- Marusic C, Rizza P, Lattanzi L, Mancini C, Spada M, Belardelli F, et al. Chimeric plant virus particles as immunogens for inducing murine and human immune responses against human immunodeficiency virus type 1. J Virol. 2001;75:8434-9 pubmed..Thus, PVX-based CVPs carrying neutralizing epitopes can offer novel perspectives for the development of effective vaccines against HIV and, more generally, for the design of new vaccination strategies in humans...
- Gentiletti F, Mancini F, D Angelo M, Sacchi A, Pontecorvi A, Jochemsen A, et al. MDMX stability is regulated by p53-induced caspase cleavage in NIH3T3 mouse fibroblasts. Oncogene. 2002;21:867-77 pubmed..Moreover, decrease of MDMX protein levels following p53 activation suggests a p53-dependent regulatory feedback of MDMX function. ..
- Marconi B, Genovesio A, Giannetti S, Molinari M, Caminiti R. Callosal connections of dorso-lateral premotor cortex. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:775-88 pubmed..Coherency and phase analyses showed that, although similar in their spatial arrangements, callosal cells projecting to dorsal premotor areas are segregated in the tangential cortical domain. ..
- Franciosa G, Floridi F, Maugliani A, Aureli P. Differentiation of the gene clusters encoding botulinum neurotoxin type A complexes in Clostridium botulinum type A, Ab, and A(B) strains. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:7192-9 pubmed..Total genomic DNA from the strains was subjected to pulsed-filed gel electrophoresis and randomly amplified polymorphic DNA analyses, and the results were consistent with the boNT/A gene clusters obtained...
- Casulli A, Manfredi M, La Rosa G, Di Cerbo A, Dinkel A, Romig T, et al. Echinococcus multilocularis in red foxes (Vulpes vulpes) of the Italian Alpine region: is there a focus of autochthonous transmission?. Int J Parasitol. 2005;35:1079-83 pubmed..Therefore, the question arises if we are observing an increase and expansion of foci, or if the new records are due to the more sensitive and specific methods used to detect the worm DNA...
- Giampà C, DeMarch Z, D Angelo V, Morello M, Martorana A, Sancesario G, et al. Striatal modulation of cAMP-response-element-binding protein (CREB) after excitotoxic lesions: implications with neuronal vulnerability in Huntington's disease. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:11-20 pubmed..Thus, we speculate that the ability of cholinergic interneurons to maintain their levels of CREB after excitotoxic lesions is one of the factors determining their protection in Huntington's disease. ..
- Mei G, Di Venere A, Gasperi V, Nicolai E, Masuda K, Finazzi Agrò A, et al. Closing the gate to the active site: effect of the inhibitor methoxyarachidonyl fluorophosphonate on the conformation and membrane binding of fatty acid amide hydrolase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:3829-36 pubmed..These findings suggest that local conformational changes at the level of the active site might induce a tighter interaction between the subunits of FAAH, affecting the enzymatic activity and the interaction with membranes. ..
- Muraca M, Ferraresso C, Vilei M, Granato A, Quarta M, Cozzi E, et al. Liver repopulation with bone marrow derived cells improves the metabolic disorder in the Gunn rat. Gut. 2007;56:1725-35 pubmed..Transplantation of bone marrow derived cells from non-affected animals resulted in the partial correction of hyperbilirubinaemia in the Gunn rat. ..
- Tedeschi A, Ciciarello M, Mangiacasale R, Roscioli E, Rensen W, Lavia P. RANBP1 localizes a subset of mitotic regulatory factors on spindle microtubules and regulates chromosome segregation in human cells. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3748-61 pubmed
- Puca R, Nardinocchi L, Gal H, Rechavi G, Amariglio N, Domany E, et al. Reversible dysfunction of wild-type p53 following homeodomain-interacting protein kinase-2 knockdown. Cancer Res. 2008;68:3707-14 pubmed publisher..These results show a critical role of HIPK2 in maintaining the transactivation activity of wtp53 and further suggest that low expression of HIPK2 may impair the p53 function in tumors harboring wtp53. ..
- Wannenes F, Caprio M, Gatta L, Fabbri A, Bonini S, Moretti C. Androgen receptor expression during C2C12 skeletal muscle cell line differentiation. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;292:11-9 pubmed publisher..In our study, testosterone induces myogenin, myosin heavy chains (MyHC) and GRIP-1 expression, suggesting that AR and its coregulatory proteins are pivotal factors in skeletal muscle differentiation. ..
- Ragone G, Bresin A, Piermarini F, Lazzeri C, Picchio M, Remotti D, et al. The Tcl1 oncogene defines secondary hair germ cells differentiation at catagen-telogen transition and affects stem-cell marker CD34 expression. Oncogene. 2009;28:1329-38 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings indicate that Tcl1 gene(s) might have important roles in hair formation, by its involvement in cycling and self-renewal of transient amplifying (TA) and stem-cell (SC) populations. ..
- Venuti A, Massa S, Mett V, Vedova L, Paolini F, Franconi R, et al. An E7-based therapeutic vaccine protects mice against HPV16 associated cancer. Vaccine. 2009;27:3395-7 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of tumour growth and increased survival was observed in both groups treated with vaccine. These data suggest the potential of plants as a platform for producing therapeutic vaccines. ..
- Galati S, D Angelo V, Olivola E, Marzetti F, Di Giovanni G, Stanzione P, et al. Acute inactivation of the medial forebrain bundle imposes oscillations in the SNr: a challenge for the 6-OHDA model?. Exp Neurol. 2010;225:294-301 pubmed publisher..Hence, our data support the proposition that LFO, is tightly correlated to cortex, and represent a critical hallmark of a basal ganglia (BG) failure from the early stages of dopamine denervation. ..
- Cuccurazzu B, Leone L, Podda M, Piacentini R, Riccardi E, Ripoli C, et al. Exposure to extremely low-frequency (50 Hz) electromagnetic fields enhances adult hippocampal neurogenesis in C57BL/6 mice. Exp Neurol. 2010;226:173-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that ELFEF exposure can be an effective tool for increasing in vivo neurogenesis, and they could lead to the development of novel therapeutic approaches in regenerative medicine. ..
- Ricci Vitiani L, Pallini R, Biffoni M, Todaro M, Invernici G, Cenci T, et al. Tumour vascularization via endothelial differentiation of glioblastoma stem-like cells. Nature. 2010;468:824-8 pubmed publisher..These findings describe a new mechanism for tumour vasculogenesis and may explain the presence of cancer-derived endothelial-like cells in several malignancies. ..
- Bagetta V, Picconi B, Marinucci S, Sgobio C, Pendolino V, Ghiglieri V, et al. Dopamine-dependent long-term depression is expressed in striatal spiny neurons of both direct and indirect pathways: implications for Parkinson's disease. J Neurosci. 2011;31:12513-22 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest caution in the use of this tool and indicate that the "striatal segregation" hypothesis might not explain all synaptic dysfunctions in Parkinson's disease...
- Di Girolamo N, Andreani V, Guandalini A, Selleri P. Evaluation of intraocular pressure in conscious ferrets (Mustela putorius furo) by means of rebound tonometry and comparison with applanation tonometry. Vet Rec. 2013;172:396 pubmed publisher..1±2.6 per cent v 17.8±1.2 per cent) compared with rebound tonometry. In conclusion, several factors need to be considered when measuring IOP in ferrets...
- Bizzarri M, Palombo A, Cucina A. Theoretical aspects of Systems Biology. Prog Biophys Mol Biol. 2013;112:33-43 pubmed publisher..Indeed, both evolution and physiology work on these levels. Thus, by no means Systems Biology could be considered a 'simple' 'gradual' extension of Molecular Biology. ..
- Stampanoni Bassi M, Mori F, Buttari F, Marfia G, Sancesario A, Centonze D, et al. Neurophysiology of synaptic functioning in multiple sclerosis. Clin Neurophysiol. 2017;128:1148-1157 pubmed publisher..Innate and adaptive immunity interact with the CNS in MS, in line with the concept that cytokines and chemokines, in concert with neurotransmitters and neuropeptides, represent a major communication system in the CNS. ..
- Leone M, Grippa E, Guidolin D, Tita B, Abdel Haq H, Gatto M, et al. Effects of lonidamine on testicular and epididymal proteins in the rat. Reprod Toxicol. 2000;14:257-63 pubmed..In particular, LND caused a decrease of testicular alpha(1)-inhibitor-3, but not an increase of testicular alpha(2)-macroglobulin, indicating a mild local inflammatory response to the drug. ..
- Scaccianoce S, Lombardo K, Nicolai R, Affricano D, Angelucci L. Studies on the involvement of histamine in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis activation induced by nerve growth factor. Life Sci. 2000;67:3143-52 pubmed
- Aloe L, Manni L, Properzi F, De Santis S, Fiore M. Evidence that nerve growth factor promotes the recovery of peripheral neuropathy induced in mice by cisplatin: behavioral, structural and biochemical analysis. Auton Neurosci. 2000;86:84-93 pubmed
- Paggi M, Giordano A. Who is the boss in the retinoblastoma family? The point of view of Rb2/p130, the little brother. Cancer Res. 2001;61:4651-4 pubmed..Finally, we take into consideration the data provided by the targeted disruption of each RB family gene, alone or in combination, in the mouse model. ..
- Cabib S, Pascucci T, Ventura R, Romano V, Puglisi Allegra S. The behavioral profile of severe mental retardation in a genetic mouse model of phenylketonuria. Behav Genet. 2003;33:301-10 pubmed..These results indicate that Pah(enu2) mice show pathological cognitive deficits and support their use to test hypotheses about neurodevelopmental disturbances involved in mental retardation. ..
- Ianari A, Gallo R, Palma M, Alesse E, Gulino A. Specific role for p300/CREB-binding protein-associated factor activity in E2F1 stabilization in response to DNA damage. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30830-5 pubmed..Our results unveil a differential role of P/CAF and p300 in acetylation-induced stabilization of E2F1, thus supporting a specific role for P/CAF HAT activity in E2F1-dependent apoptosis in response to DNA damage. ..
- Ghirardi O, Lo Giudice P, Pisano C, Vertechy M, Bellucci A, Vesci L, et al. Acetyl-L-Carnitine prevents and reverts experimental chronic neurotoxicity induced by oxaliplatin, without altering its antitumor properties. Anticancer Res. 2005;25:2681-7 pubmed..ALC is effective in the prevention and treatment of chronic OHP-induced peripheral neurotoxicity in an experimental rat model. ..
- Spigaglia P, Barbanti F, Mastrantonio P. Horizontal transfer of erythromycin resistance from Clostridium difficile to Butyrivibrio fibrisolvens. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005;49:5142-5 pubmed
- Vaccari G, D Agostino C, Nonno R, Rosone F, Conte M, Di Bari M, et al. Prion protein alleles showing a protective effect on the susceptibility of sheep to scrapie and bovine spongiform encephalopathy. J Virol. 2007;81:7306-9 pubmed
- Presicce G. Reproduction in the water buffalo. Reprod Domest Anim. 2007;42 Suppl 2:24-32 pubmed
- Gradoni L, Soteriadou K, Louzir H, Dakkak A, Toz S, Jaffe C, et al. Drug regimens for visceral leishmaniasis in Mediterranean countries. Trop Med Int Health. 2008;13:1272-6 pubmed publisher..A country's wealth affects the treatment choice, which represents a balance between drug efficacy, toxicity and cost, and costs associated with patient's care. ..
- Cecconi F, Levine B. The role of autophagy in mammalian development: cell makeover rather than cell death. Dev Cell. 2008;15:344-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, autophagy is a process of cytosolic "renovation," crucial in cell fate decisions. ..
- Peschiaroli A, Scialpi F, Bernassola F, Pagano M, Melino G. The F-box protein FBXO45 promotes the proteasome-dependent degradation of p73. Oncogene. 2009;28:3157-66 pubmed publisher..All together, these results show that the orphan F-box protein FBXO45 regulates the stability of p73, highlighting a conserved pathway evolved from nematode to human by which the p53 members are regulated by an SCF-dependent mechanism. ..
- Scatena R, Bottoni P, Pontoglio A, Giardina B. Pharmacological modulation of nitric oxide release: new pharmacological perspectives, potential benefits and risks. Curr Med Chem. 2010;17:61-73 pubmed
- Chiancone E, Ceci P. The multifaceted capacity of Dps proteins to combat bacterial stress conditions: Detoxification of iron and hydrogen peroxide and DNA binding. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1800:798-805 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the response to other stress conditions derives from the concerted interplay of diverse interactions that Dps proteins may establish with DNA and with other DNA-binding proteins. ..
- Fiorenzo P, Mongiardi M, Dimitri D, Cozzolino M, Ferri A, Montano N, et al. HIF1-positive and HIF1-negative glioblastoma cells compete in vitro but cooperate in tumor growth in vivo. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:785-91 pubmed..This suggests that cellular populations that differ in their ability to mount a response to hypoxia may compete in vitro but cooperate in vivo resulting in increased tumor aggressiveness. ..
- Vinciguerra M, Santini M, Claycomb W, Ladurner A, Rosenthal N. Local IGF-1 isoform protects cardiomyocytes from hypertrophic and oxidative stresses via SirT1 activity. Aging (Albany NY). 2009;2:43-62 pubmed..Thus, mIGF-1 protects cardiomyocytes from oxidative and hypertrophic stresses via SirT1 activity, and may represent a promising cardiac therapeutic. ..
- Matic I, Sacchi A, Rinaldi A, Melino G, Khosla C, Falasca L, et al. Characterization of transglutaminase type II role in dendritic cell differentiation and function. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;88:181-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that TG2 plays an important role in regulating the response of DCs to LPS and could be a candidate target for treating endotoxin-induced sepsis. ..
- Anzilotti S, GiampÃ C, Laurenti D, Perrone L, Bernardi G, Melone M, et al. Immunohistochemical localization of receptor for advanced glycation end (RAGE) products in the R6/2 mouse model of Huntington's disease. Brain Res Bull. 2012;87:350-8 pubmed publisher..These data support the concept that RAGE is upregulated in the neurodegenerative process of HD, and suggests that its activation is related to the individual vulnerability of the striatal neuronal subtype. ..
- Rizzo C, Ronca R, Fiorentino G, Mangano V, Sirima S, Nebie I, et al. Wide cross-reactivity between Anopheles gambiae and Anopheles funestus SG6 salivary proteins supports exploitation of gSG6 as a marker of human exposure to major malaria vectors in tropical Africa. Malar J. 2011;10:206 pubmed publisher..The Anopheles stephensi SG6 protein also shares 80% identity with gSG6, suggesting the attractive possibility that the A. gambiae protein may also be useful to assess human exposure to several Asian malaria vectors. ..
- Lisi L, Navarra P, Cirocchi R, Sharp A, Stigliano E, Feinstein D, et al. Rapamycin reduces clinical signs and neuropathic pain in a chronic model of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neuroimmunol. 2012;243:43-51 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Rapamycin significantly reduced the hyperalgesia observed before clinical development of EAE which, in turn, is completely abolished by the administration of the drug...
- Vella S, Gnani D, Crudele A, Ceccarelli S, De Stefanis C, Gaspari S, et al. EZH2 down-regulation exacerbates lipid accumulation and inflammation in in vitro and in vivo NAFLD. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:24154-68 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results of this study suggest that the defective activity of EZH2 can enhance the NAFLD development by favouring steatosis and the de-repression of the inflammatory genes and that of specific microRNAs. ..
- Comba A, Almada L, Tolosa E, Iguchi E, Marks D, Vara Messler M, et al. Nuclear Factor of Activated T Cells-dependent Down-regulation of the Transcription Factor Glioma-associated Protein 1 (GLI1) Underlies the Growth Inhibitory Properties of Arachidonic Acid. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1933-47 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results define a novel mechanism underlying AA antitumoral functions that may serve as a foundation for future PUFA-based therapeutic approaches. ..
- Fusco S, Leone L, Barbati S, Samengo D, Piacentini R, Maulucci G, et al. A CREB-Sirt1-Hes1 Circuitry Mediates Neural Stem Cell Response to Glucose Availability. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1195-1205 pubmed publisher..Thus, the glucose-regulated antagonism between CREB and Sirt-1 for Hes-1 transcription participates in the metabolic regulation of neurogenesis. ..
- Jiang R, Wang J, Peng S, Huang T, Wang C, Cannella F, et al. Spontaneous and Vaccine-Induced Clearance of Mus Musculus Papillomavirus 1 Infection. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, an HPV16-targeted version of the DNA can protect against vaginal challenge with HPV16, suggesting the promise of this approach to both prevent and treat papillomavirus-related disease. ..
- Uccelletti D, De Jaco A, Farina F, Mancini P, Augusti Tocco G, Biagioni S, et al. Cell surface expression of a GPI-anchored form of mouse acetylcholinesterase in Klpmr1Delta cells of Kluyveromyces lactis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;298:559-65 pubmed..lactis resulted in yeast cells displaying high AChE activity. This could be regarded as a novel sensing unit to be employed for detecting AChE inhibitors as pesticides. ..
- Burlingame B. Trends in foods available for consumption: Europe, 1961-1999. IARC Sci Publ. 2002;156:513-7 pubmed
- Calabresi P, Marti M, Picconi B, Saulle E, Costa C, Centonze D, et al. Lamotrigine and remacemide protect striatal neurons against in vitro ischemia: an electrophysiological study. Exp Neurol. 2003;182:461-9 pubmed..A combined use of lamotrigine and remacemide could be employed in clinical trials to enhance neuroprotection in neurological disorders involving an abnormal striatal glutamatergic transmission. ..
- D Ugo E, Paroli M, Palmieri G, Giuseppetti R, Argentini C, Tritarelli E, et al. Immunization of woodchucks with adjuvanted sHDAg (p24): immune response and outcome following challenge. Vaccine. 2004;22:457-66 pubmed..Overall, the results suggest that the MF59/p24 vaccine better controls the infection in terms of viral replication and survival. ..
- Pompili E, Nori S, Geloso M, Guadagni E, Corvino V, Michetti F, et al. Trimethyltin-induced differential expression of PAR subtypes in reactive astrocytes of the rat hippocampus. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;122:93-8 pubmed
- Persichini T, Percario Z, Mazzon E, Colasanti M, Cuzzocrea S, Musci G. Copper activates the NF-kappaB pathway in vivo. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2006;8:1897-904 pubmed..These results suggest that a physiopathological status, characterized by hypercupremic situations, may lead to the onset of inflammation through production of ROS and activation of NF-kappaB. ..
- Marchetti A, Colletti M, Cozzolino A, Steindler C, Lunadei M, Mancone C, et al. ERK5/MAPK is activated by TGFbeta in hepatocytes and required for the GSK-3beta-mediated Snail protein stabilization. Cell Signal. 2008;20:2113-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, results presented in this study uncovered for the first time a role for ERK5 in the TGFbeta-induced cellular responses. ..
- Marinelli S, Pacioni S, Bisogno T, Di Marzo V, Prince D, Huguenard J, et al. The endocannabinoid 2-arachidonoylglycerol is responsible for the slow self-inhibition in neocortical interneurons. J Neurosci. 2008;28:13532-41 pubmed publisher..Since DAGLs produce no endocannabinoid other than 2-AG, these results identify this compound as the autocrine mediator responsible for the postsynaptic slow self-inhibition of neocortical LTS interneurons. ..
- Maranghi F, Tassinari R, Lagatta V, Moracci G, Macri C, Eusepi A, et al. Effects of the food contaminant semicarbazide following oral administration in juvenile Sprague-Dawley rats. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:472-9 pubmed publisher..SEM administration during juvenile period exerted pleiotropic effects and further studies are suggested to elucidate mechanisms. ..
- Fabrizi C, Pompili E, Panetta B, Nori S, Fumagalli L. Protease-activated receptor-1 regulates cytokine production and induces the suppressor of cytokine signaling-3 in microglia. Int J Mol Med. 2009;24:367-71 pubmed..The present data support the hypothesis that in microglia PAR-1 may be involved in the regulation of inflammatory reactions modulating the balance between pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines possibly through SOCS induction. ..
- De Falco E, Avitabile D, Totta P, Straino S, Spallotta F, Cencioni C, et al. Altered SDF-1-mediated differentiation of bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells in diabetes mellitus. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3405-14 pubmed publisher..These results show that DM diminishes circulating c-kit(+) cell number following hindlimb ischemia and inhibits SDF-1-mediated AKT phosphorylation and differentiation towards the endothelial phenotype of BM-derived c-kit(+) cells. ..
- De Simone R, Niturad C, De Nuccio C, Ajmone Cat M, Visentin S, Minghetti L. TGF-? and LPS modulate ADP-induced migration of microglial cells through P2Y1 and P2Y12 receptor expression. J Neurochem. 2010;115:450-9 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that the modulation of microglial purinergic receptors expression by local factors, through direct and/or astrocyte-mediated actions, may represent a novel mechanism affecting neuroinflammatory response. ..
- Cacchiarelli D, Martone J, Girardi E, Cesana M, Incitti T, Morlando M, et al. MicroRNAs involved in molecular circuitries relevant for the Duchenne muscular dystrophy pathogenesis are controlled by the dystrophin/nNOS pathway. Cell Metab. 2010;12:341-351 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the pathway activated by dystrophin/nNOS controls several important circuitries increasing the robustness of the muscle differentiation program. ..
- Arcovito A, Ardiccioni C, Cianci M, D Angelo P, Vallone B, Della Longa S. Polarized X-ray absorption near-edge structure spectroscopy of neuroglobin and myoglobin single crystals. J Phys Chem B. 2010;114:13223-31 pubmed publisher..A combined approach (polarized XANES and XRD) is suggested to be applied on the same single crystals of metalloproteins at opportunely equipped synchrotron beamlines. ..
- Cioce M, Canino C, Pulito C, Muti P, Strano S, Blandino G. Butein impairs the protumorigenic activity of malignant pleural mesothelioma cells. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:132-40 pubmed publisher..The possibility of using butein as an additional treatment to current MPM therapies is discussed here. ..
- Bianchi D, Marasco A, Limongiello A, Marchetti C, Marie H, Tirozzi B, et al. On the mechanisms underlying the depolarization block in the spiking dynamics of CA1 pyramidal neurons. J Comput Neurosci. 2012;33:207-25 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this can be one of the rate-limiting mechanisms protecting a CA1 neuron from excessive spiking activity. ..
- Rinaldo C, Moncada A, Gradi A, Ciuffini L, D Eliseo D, Siepi F, et al. HIPK2 controls cytokinesis and prevents tetraploidization by phosphorylating histone H2B at the midbody. Mol Cell. 2012;47:87-98 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data uncover mechanisms of a critical HIPK2 function in cytokinesis and in the prevention of tetraploidization. ..
- Bongiorno G, Paparcone R, Foglia Manzillo V, Oliva G, Cuisinier A, Gradoni L. Vaccination with LiESP/QA-21 (CaniLeish®) reduces the intensity of infection in Phlebotomus perniciosus fed on Leishmania infantum infected dogs--a preliminary xenodiagnosis study. Vet Parasitol. 2013;197:691-5 pubmed publisher..0001; binomial mixed model, p=0.006). Although preliminary, these results suggest value in further investigations on L. infantum transmissibility parameters in LiESP/QA-21 vaccinated dogs...
- Roeder P, Mariner J, Kock R. Rinderpest: the veterinary perspective on eradication. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2013;368:20120139 pubmed publisher..This review provides an overview of these challenges, describes how they were overcome and identifies key factors for this success. ..
- Ali M, el Shesheny R, Kandeil A, Shehata M, Elsokary B, Gomaa M, et al. Cross-sectional surveillance of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in dromedary camels and other mammals in Egypt, August 2015 to January 2016. Euro Surveill. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..The presence of neutralising antibodies in one sheep apparently in contact with seropositive camels calls for further studies on domestic animals in contact with camels. ..
- Traversetti L, Losito F, Arienzo A, Stalio O, Antonini G, Scalici M. Integrating running water monitoring tools with the Micro Biological Survey (MBS) method to improve water quality assessment. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185156 pubmed publisher..This represents the first attempt to evaluate the river microbial status by exploiting the innovative MBS on running waters to propose it as new valuable monitoring tool in the biomonitoring field. ..