Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on sequence alignment in Napoli, Campania, Italy
Locale: Napoli, Campania, Italy
Topic: sequence alignment
- Zambrano N, Minopoli G, de Candia P, Russo T. The Fe65 adaptor protein interacts through its PID1 domain with the transcription factor CP2/LSF/LBP1. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:20128-33 pubmed..This analysis allowed us to observe that a small region N-terminal to the WW domain is phosphorylated and is necessary for the presence of Fe65 in the nuclear fraction. ..
- Masullo M, Arcari P, de Paola B, Parmeggiani A, Bocchini V. Psychrophilic elongation factor Tu from the antarctic Moraxella sp. Tac II 25: biochemical characterization and cloning of the encoding gene. Biochemistry. 2000;39:15531-9 pubmed..coli and Thermus thermophilus EF-Tu equal to 84% and 74%, respectively, while the identity with EF-1 alpha from the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus was equal to 32%. ..
- Vaccaro M, Santo M, Caputo M, Just M, Tian J, Gong H, et al. Primary structure and developmental expression of Dp ZP2, a vitelline envelope glycoprotein homolog of mouse ZP2, in Discoglossus pictus, one of the oldest living Anuran species. Mol Reprod Dev. 2001;59:133-43 pubmed..Similarly, in Xenopus oocytes, the gp 69/64m RNA, was found in the oocytes, as well as in the somatic cells. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 59:133-143, 2001. ..
- Quarto N. Molecular cloning and expression study of Xenopus latent TGF-beta binding protein-1 (LTBP-1). Gene. 2002;290:53-61 pubmed..These findings suggest an important role for XLTBP-1 in embryo axis formation. ..
- Cacciapuoti G, Gorassini S, Mazzeo M, Siciliano R, Carbone V, Zappia V, et al. Biochemical and structural characterization of mammalian-like purine nucleoside phosphorylase from the Archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. FEBS J. 2007;274:2482-95 pubmed..The characterization of the thermal properties of the C254S/C256S mutant suggests that the CXC motif in the C-terminal region may also account for the extreme enzyme thermostability. ..
- Saccone G, Peluso I, Artiaco D, Giordano E, Bopp D, Polito L. The Ceratitis capitata homologue of the Drosophila sex-determining gene sex-lethal is structurally conserved, but not sex-specifically regulated. Development. 1998;125:1495-500 pubmed..Our findings suggest that Sxl acquired its master regulatory role in sex determination during evolution of the Acalyptratae group, most probably after phylogenetic divergence of the genus Drosophila from other genera of this group...
- Piluso G, Mirabella M, Ricci E, Belsito A, Abbondanza C, Servidei S, et al. Gamma1- and gamma2-syntrophins, two novel dystrophin-binding proteins localized in neuronal cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:15851-60 pubmed..Our present findings suggest a differentiated role of a modified dystrophin-associated complex in the central nervous system. ..
- Russo R, Esposito M, Asci R, Gambale A, Perrotta S, Ramenghi U, et al. Mutational spectrum in congenital dyserythropoietic anemia type II: identification of 19 novel variants in SEC23B gene. Am J Hematol. 2010;85:915-20 pubmed publisher..In this mutation update, we also provided a tool to improve and facilitate the molecular diagnosis of CDA II by defining the frequency of mutations in each exon. ..
- Bassi M, Manzoni M, Monti E, Pizzo M, Ballabio A, Borsani G. Cloning of the gene encoding a novel integral membrane protein, mucolipidin-and identification of the two major founder mutations causing mucolipidosis type IV. Am J Hum Genet. 2000;67:1110-20 pubmed..Mucolipidin is likely to play an important role in endocytosis...
- Cozzuto L, Petrillo M, Silvestro G, Di Nocera P, Paolella G. Systematic identification of stem-loop containing sequence families in bacterial genomes. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:20 pubmed publisher..Their predicted structure and genomic location suggest that, even in compact bacterial genomes, a relatively large fraction of the genome consists of non-protein-coding sequences, possibly functioning at the RNA level. ..
- Riccardo S, Tortoriello G, Giordano E, Turano M, Furia M. The coding/non-coding overlapping architecture of the gene encoding the Drosophila pseudouridine synthase. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:15 pubmed..This gene exhibits a complex and interlaced organization, and its genetic information may be expressed as different protein subforms and/or ncRNAs that may potentially contribute to its biological functions. ..
- Arnone M, Rizzo F, Annunciata R, Cameron R, Peterson K, Martinez P. Genetic organization and embryonic expression of the ParaHox genes in the sea urchin S. purpuratus: insights into the relationship between clustering and colinearity. Dev Biol. 2006;300:63-73 pubmed
- Castellano I, Di Maro A, Ruocco M, Chambery A, Parente A, Di Martino M, et al. Psychrophilic superoxide dismutase from Pseudoalteromonas haloplanktis: biochemical characterization and identification of a highly reactive cysteine residue. Biochimie. 2006;88:1377-89 pubmed..The possible modification of Cys57 by physiological thiols, eventually regulating the PhSOD functioning, is discussed...
- Chiurazzi M, Meza R, Lara M, Lahm A, Defez R, Iaccarino M, et al. The Rhizobium leguminosarum biovar phaseoli glnT gene, encoding glutamine synthetase III. Gene. 1992;119:1-8 pubmed..Since the three-dimensional structure of GS from Salmonella typhimurium is known, a three-dimensional model of GSIII was built by homology...
- Mazzone M, De Gregorio E, Lavitola A, Pagliarulo C, Alifano P, Di Nocera P. Whole-genome organization and functional properties of miniature DNA insertion sequences conserved in pathogenic Neisseriae. Gene. 2001;278:211-22 pubmed
- Tamburrini M, Cerasuolo I, Carratore V, Stanziola A, Zofra S, Romano L, et al. Kiwellin, a novel protein from kiwi fruit. Purification, biochemical characterization and identification as an allergen*. Protein J. 2005;24:423-9 pubmed..Serological tests and Western Blotting analysis showed that kiwellin is specifically recognized by IgE of patients allergic to kiwi fruit...
- Manna L, Alberti A, Pavone L, Scibelli A, Staiano N, Gravino A. First molecular characterization of a granulocytic Ehrlichia strain isolated from a dog in South Italy. Vet J. 2004;167:224-7 pubmed
- D Avino R, Camardella L, Christensen T, Giovane A, Servillo L. Tomato pectin methylesterase: modeling, fluorescence, and inhibitor interaction studies-comparison with the bacterial (Erwinia chrysanthemi) enzyme. Proteins. 2003;53:830-9 pubmed
- Nitsch R, Di Palma T, Mascia A, Zannini M. WBP-2, a WW domain binding protein, interacts with the thyroid-specific transcription factor Pax8. Biochem J. 2004;377:553-60 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that WBP-2 is not a transcriptional co-activator of Pax8, but rather behaves as an adaptor molecule, as suggested in other studies. ..
- Rinaldi L, Maurelli M, Capuano F, Perugini A, Veneziano V, Cringoli S. Molecular update on cystic echinococcosis in cattle and water buffaloes of southern Italy. Zoonoses Public Health. 2008;55:119-23 pubmed publisher..granulosus. The finding of the G1, G2 and G3 genotypes in large ruminants from southern Italy is of epidemiological relevance and immediate public health importance because of their recognized infectivity in humans. ..
- Merone L, Mandrich L, Rossi M, Manco G. A thermostable phosphotriesterase from the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus: cloning, overexpression and properties. Extremophiles. 2005;9:297-305 pubmed publisher..solfataricus paraoxonase. The importance of a stable paraoxonase for detoxification of chemical warfare agents and agricultural pesticides will be discussed...
- Donizetti A, Fiengo M, del Gaudio R, Di Giaimo R, Minucci S, Aniello F. Characterization and developmental expression pattern of the relaxin receptor rxfp1 gene in zebrafish. Dev Growth Differ. 2010;52:799-806 pubmed publisher..The rxfp1 expression pattern in Danio rerio embryos is very similar to that reported in the adult mammalian brain, suggesting a pivotal role of this receptor in the neurophysiology processes already at very early developmental stages. ..
- Trinchella F, Esposito M, Scudiero R. Metallothionein primary structure in amphibians: Insights from comparative evolutionary analysis in vertebrates. C R Biol. 2012;335:480-7 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis also reveals the complexity of vertebrate metallothionein evolution, made by both ancient and more recent events of gene duplication and loss...