Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Napoli, Campania, Italy
Locale: Napoli, Campania, Italy
Topic: molecular sequence data
- Torella A, Fanin M, Mutarelli M, Peterle E, Del Vecchio Blanco F, Rispoli R, et al. Next-generation sequencing identifies transportin 3 as the causative gene for LGMD1F. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63536 pubmed publisher..We localized the mutant TNPO3 around the nucleus, but not inside. The involvement of gene related to the nuclear transport suggests a novel disease mechanism leading to muscular dystrophy. ..
- De Castro C, Carannante A, Lanzetta R, Nunziata R, Piscopo V, Parrilli M. Elucidation of two O-chain structures from the lipopolysaccharide fraction of Agrobacterium tumefaciens F/1. Carbohydr Res. 2004;339:2451-5 pubmed..Additional supporting data were obtained by periodate degradation, the major component was cleaved selectively, leading to a glucosamine glycoside, whereas the minor one was recovered unaffected...
- Carillo S, Pieretti G, Parrilli E, Tutino M, Gemma S, Molteni M, et al. Structural investigation and biological activity of the lipooligosaccharide from the psychrophilic bacterium Pseudoalteromonas haloplanktis TAB 23. Chemistry. 2011;17:7053-60 pubmed publisher..Hepp3R,6R,4R'-(1?5)-?-Kdop4P-(2?6)-?-GlcpN4R-(1?6)-?-GlcpN1P (R=-H(2)PO(3) or -H; R'=?-Galp-(1?4)-?-Galp-(1? or H-)...
- Vaccaro M, Cuccaro M, De Marco N, Campanella C. Expression of p27BBP/eIF6 is highly modulated during Xenopus laevis embryogenesis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:482-90 pubmed..Moreover, the X. laevis cDNA isolation and characterization offer new hints for further studies in relation to potential p27BBP/eIF6 phosphorylation. ..
- Pizzo E, Buonanno P, Di Maro A, Ponticelli S, De Falco S, Quarto N, et al. Ribonucleases and angiogenins from fish. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27454-60 pubmed..They later evolved into both mammalian angiogenins and, through a successful phylogenesis, RNases endowed with digestive features or with diverse bioactivities. ..
- Guagliardi A, Cerchia L, Rossi M. The Sso7d protein of Sulfolobus solfataricus: in vitro relationship among different activities. Archaea. 2002;1:87-93 pubmed..In contrast, the hydrolysis of ATP by Sso7d is independent of the binding of Sso7d to double-stranded DNA or protein aggregates. ..
- Viggiani A, Siani L, Notomista E, Birolo L, Pucci P, Di Donato A. The role of the conserved residues His-246, His-199, and Tyr-255 in the catalysis of catechol 2,3-dioxygenase from Pseudomonas stutzeri OX1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48630-9 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests that His-246 is involved in the initial catechol deprotonation, whereas His-199 promotes the reaction between oxygen and the aromatic ring...
- Melillo D, Sfyroera G, De Santis R, Graziano R, Marino R, Lambris J, et al. First identification of a chemotactic receptor in an invertebrate species: structural and functional characterization of Ciona intestinalis C3a receptor. J Immunol. 2006;177:4132-40 pubmed..intestinalis expresses a functional C3aR homologous to the mammalian receptor. These findings further elucidate the evolutionary origin of the vertebrate complement-mediated proinflammatory process...
- Riccardo S, Tortoriello G, Giordano E, Turano M, Furia M. The coding/non-coding overlapping architecture of the gene encoding the Drosophila pseudouridine synthase. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:15 pubmed..This gene exhibits a complex and interlaced organization, and its genetic information may be expressed as different protein subforms and/or ncRNAs that may potentially contribute to its biological functions. ..
- Ciardiello M, Palazzo P, Bernardi M, Carratore V, Giangrieco I, Longo V, et al. Biochemical, immunological and clinical characterization of a cross-reactive nonspecific lipid transfer protein 1 from mulberry. Allergy. 2010;65:597-605 pubmed publisher..Mor n 3 is the first allergen isolated in black mulberry and immunologically characterized. It displayed allergenic activity among symptomatic and nonconsumer patients and a pattern of cross-reactivity to other plant-derived LTPs. ..
- Esposito C, Cantisani M, D Auria G, Falcigno L, Pedone E, Galdiero S, et al. Mapping key interactions in the dimerization process of HBHA from Mycobacterium tuberculosis, insights into bacterial agglutination. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:659-67 pubmed publisher..This result provides new opportunities towards the development of Mtb anti-aggregation molecules with therapeutic interest. ..
- Ramunno L, Cosenza G, Pappalardo M, Longobardi E, Gallo D, Pastore N, et al. Characterization of two new alleles at the goat CSN1S2 locus. Anim Genet. 2001;32:264-8 pubmed..Methods (PCR-RFLP and PCR) for identification of carriers of these alleles have been developed...
- Ercolano E, Mirabella R, Merrick M, Chiurazzi M. The Rhizobium leguminosarum glnB gene is down-regulated during symbiosis. Mol Gen Genet. 2001;264:555-64 pubmed..This pattern is common to other bacterial genes involved in nitrogen assimilation and it is noteworthy that the zone where the glnB promoter is active is coincident with the region in which NtrC is expressed. ..
- Sebastiano M, Lassandro F, Bazzicalupo P. cut-1 a Caenorhabditis elegans gene coding for a dauer-specific noncollagenous component of the cuticle. Dev Biol. 1991;146:519-30 pubmed..cut-1 represents the first gene for a noncollagenous component of C. elegans cuticle that has been characterized molecularly...
- Zappacosta F, Sannia G, Savoy L, Marino G, Pucci P. Post-translational modifications in aspartate aminotransferase from Sulfolobus solfataricus. Detection of N-epsilon-methyllysines by mass spectrometry. Eur J Biochem. 1994;222:761-7 pubmed..This mapping approach led to the detection of two partially modified lysine residues at positions 202 and 384, which had been converted to their N-epsilon-methyl derivatives to a substoichiometric extent. ..
- Rafti F, Scarvelis D, Lasko P. A Drosophila melanogaster homologue of the human DEAD-box gene DDX1. Gene. 1996;171:225-9 pubmed..The 2.7-kb Dm Ddx1 RNA is expressed throughout development, but its levels are elevated in early embryos. Ddx1 maps to polytene chromosome band 79D4 on the left arm of Dm chromosome 3. ..
- Gargiulo G, Gigliotti S, Malva C, Graziani F. Cellular specificity of expression and regulation of Drosophila vitelline membrane protein 32E gene in the follicular epithelium: identification of cis-acting elements. Mech Dev. 1991;35:193-203 pubmed..Most interestingly, sequence similarities to ecdysone response elements raise the possibility of hormonal control also for VMP gene expression. ..
- Teta R, Irollo E, Della Sala G, Pirozzi G, Mangoni A, Costantino V. Smenamides A and B, chlorinated peptide/polyketide hybrids containing a dolapyrrolidinone unit from the Caribbean sponge Smenospongia aurea. Evaluation of their role as leads in antitumor drug research. Mar Drugs. 2013;11:4451-63 pubmed publisher..Smenamides showed potent cytotoxic activity at nanomolar levels on lung cancer Calu-1 cells, which for compound 1 is exerted through a clear pro-apoptotic mechanism. This makes smenamides promising leads for antitumor drug design. ..
- Zarrilli R, Vitale D, Di Popolo A, Bagattini M, Daoud Z, Khan A, et al. A plasmid-borne blaOXA-58 gene confers imipenem resistance to Acinetobacter baumannii isolates from a Lebanese hospital. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2008;52:4115-20 pubmed publisher..The production of the carbapenem-hydrolyzing oxacillinase OXA-58 was apparently the only mechanism for carbapenem resistance in A. baumannii isolates causing the outbreak at the Lebanese Hospital. ..
- Pieretti G, Carillo S, Lindner B, Lanzetta R, Parrilli M, Jimenez N, et al. The complete structure of the core of the LPS from Plesiomonas shigelloides 302-73 and the identification of its O-antigen biological repeating unit. Carbohydr Res. 2010;345:2523-8 pubmed publisher..The data obtained proved the presence of an ?-Kdo in the outer core and allowed the identification of the O-antigen biological repeating unit as well as its linkage with the core oligosaccharide...
- Ursini M, de Franciscis V. TSH regulation of ferritin H chain messenger RNA levels in the rat thyroids. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;150:287-95 pubmed..Thyrotropin stimulation of the levels of ferritin heavy chain mRNA seems to be mediated by cyclic AMP since it mimics the hormone induction. ..
- Arnone M, Rizzo F, Annunciata R, Cameron R, Peterson K, Martinez P. Genetic organization and embryonic expression of the ParaHox genes in the sea urchin S. purpuratus: insights into the relationship between clustering and colinearity. Dev Biol. 2006;300:63-73 pubmed
- Aurilia V, Palmisano A, Ferrara L, Cubellis M, Sannia G, Marino G. Cloning and sequence analysis of A cDNA encoding bovine cytosolic aspartate aminotransferase. Int J Biochem. 1993;25:1505-9 pubmed
- Palmieri G, Catara G, Saviano M, Langella E, Gogliettino M, Rossi M. First Archaeal PEPB-Serine Protease Inhibitor from Sulfolobus solfataricus with Noncanonical Amino Acid Sequence in the Reactive-Site Loop. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:327-34 pubmed publisher..This unique motif may provide new insights into both the inhibitor/protease binding mode and the specific biological functions of SsCEI within the PEBP family...
- Chiariello M, De Gregorio L, Vitelli R, Alifano P, Dragani T, Bruni C, et al. Genetic mapping of the mouse Rab7 gene and pseudogene and of the human RAB7 homolog. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:448-52 pubmed..By radiation hybrid mapping, we have located the human RAB7 gene on Chr 3, in a region homologous to the mouse Chr 6, where the Rab7 gene maps. ..
- Faraco V, Palmieri G, Festa G, Monti M, Sannia G, Giardina P. A new subfamily of fungal subtilases: structural and functional analysis of a Pleurotus ostreatus member. Microbiology. 2005;151:457-66 pubmed..A new subgroup of subtilisin-like proteases, belonging to the pyrolysin family, has been defined, which includes proteases from ascomycete and basidiomycete fungi. ..
- Quarto N. Molecular cloning and expression study of Xenopus latent TGF-beta binding protein-1 (LTBP-1). Gene. 2002;290:53-61 pubmed..These findings suggest an important role for XLTBP-1 in embryo axis formation. ..
- Silipo A, Sturiale L, De Castro C, Lanzetta R, Parrilli M, Garozzo D, et al. Structure of the lipopolysaccharide isolated from the novel species Uruburuella suis. Carbohydr Res. 2012;357:75-82 pubmed publisher..The elucidation of the structural features of the LPS from Uruburuella suis is a first step toward the comprehension of the characteristics of the cell envelope in such new and interesting microorganisms. ..
- Vivo M, Calogero R, Sansone F, Calabro V, Parisi T, Borrelli L, et al. The human tumor suppressor arf interacts with spinophilin/neurabin II, a type 1 protein-phosphatase-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14161-9 pubmed..These data demonstrate a role for spinophilin in cell growth and suggest that ARF and spinophilin could act in partially overlapping pathways. ..
- Del Prete S, Vullo D, Osman S, Alothman Z, Donald W, Winum J, et al. Anion inhibitors of the ?-carbonic anhydrase from the pathogenic bacterium responsible of tularemia, Francisella tularensis. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4800-4804 pubmed publisher..As Francisella tularensis is the causative agent of tularemia, the discovery of compounds that can interfere with the life cycle of this pathogen may result in novel opportunities to fight antibiotic drug resistance. ..
- Correale S, Pirone L, Di Marcotullio L, De Smaele E, Greco A, Mazzà D, et al. Molecular organization of the cullin E3 ligase adaptor KCTD11. Biochimie. 2011;93:715-24 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these models provide insights into the determinants of the tetramer stability and into the regions involved in lKCTD11-Cul3 recognition. ..
- Tarallo R, Carberry T, Falanga A, Vitiello M, Galdiero S, Galdiero M, et al. Dendrimers functionalized with membrane-interacting peptides for viral inhibition. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:521-34 pubmed publisher..These results show that the functionalization of a dendrimer with the peptide sequence derived from an HSV glycoprotein shows promising inhibitory activity towards viruses of the Herpesviridae family. ..
- Bruni P, Minopoli G, Brancaccio T, Napolitano M, Faraonio R, Zambrano N, et al. Fe65, a ligand of the Alzheimer's beta-amyloid precursor protein, blocks cell cycle progression by down-regulating thymidylate synthase expression. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35481-8 pubmed
- Palmieri G, Di Palo M, Scaloni A, Orru S, Marino G, Sannia G. Glutamate-1-semialdehyde aminotransferase from Sulfolobus solfataricus. Biochem J. 1996;320 ( Pt 2):541-5 pubmed..Evidence is provided that ALA synthesis in S. solfataricus follows the C5 pathway characteristic of plants, algae, cyanobacteria and many other bacteria. ..
- Bucci C, Chiariello M, Lattero D, Maiorano M, Bruni C. Interaction cloning and characterization of the cDNA encoding the human prenylated rab acceptor (PRA1). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;258:657-62 pubmed..Analysis of mRNA expression shows a single abundant mRNA of about 0.8 kb ubiquitously expressed. Western blot analysis of the overexpressed protein shows a band of the expected size equally distributed between cytosol and membranes. ..
- Bassi M, Manzoni M, Monti E, Pizzo M, Ballabio A, Borsani G. Cloning of the gene encoding a novel integral membrane protein, mucolipidin-and identification of the two major founder mutations causing mucolipidosis type IV. Am J Hum Genet. 2000;67:1110-20 pubmed..Mucolipidin is likely to play an important role in endocytosis...
- Masullo M, Arcari P, de Paola B, Parmeggiani A, Bocchini V. Psychrophilic elongation factor Tu from the antarctic Moraxella sp. Tac II 25: biochemical characterization and cloning of the encoding gene. Biochemistry. 2000;39:15531-9 pubmed..coli and Thermus thermophilus EF-Tu equal to 84% and 74%, respectively, while the identity with EF-1 alpha from the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus was equal to 32%. ..
- Facchiano A, Stiuso P, Chiusano M, Caraglia M, Giuberti G, Marra M, et al. Homology modelling of the human eukaryotic initiation factor 5A (eIF-5A). Protein Eng. 2001;14:881-90 pubmed..Last, the model was deposited in the Protein Data Bank to be accessible for studies on the structure-function relationships of the human eIF-5A. ..
- Spagnuolo M, Cigliano L, D Andrea L, Pedone C, Abrescia P. Assignment of the binding site for haptoglobin on apolipoprotein A-I. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1193-8 pubmed..Synthetic peptides, able to displace Hpt from ApoA-I without altering its property of binding hemoglobin, might be used for treatment of diseases associated with defective LCAT function. ..
- Silipo A, Molinaro A, Nazarenko E, Gorshkova R, Ivanova E, Lanzetta R, et al. The O-chain structure from the LPS of marine halophilic bacterium Pseudoalteromonas carrageenovora-type strain IAM 12662T. Carbohydr Res. 2005;340:2693-7 pubmed..The structure was studied by means of chemical analysis and 2D NMR spectroscopy of the de-O-acylated lipopolysaccharide and shown to be the following:Col is colitose, 3,6-di-deoxy-L-xylo-hexose. ..
- Tinto N, Zagari A, Capuano M, De Simone A, Capobianco V, Daniele G, et al. Glucokinase gene mutations: structural and genotype-phenotype analyses in MODY children from South Italy. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1870 pubmed publisher..Thus, the molecular approach allows the physician to confirm the diagnosis and to predict severity of the mutation. ..
- Malva C, Varricchio P, Falabella P, La Scaleia R, Graziani F, Pennacchio F. Physiological and molecular interaction in the host-parasitoid system Heliothis virescens-Toxoneuron nigriceps: current status and future perspectives. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;34:177-83 pubmed..Sequencing of the entire TnBV genome is in progress and will considerably contribute to the understanding of the molecular bases of parasitoid-induced host alterations. ..
- Carsana A, Fortunato G, De Sarno C, Brancadoro V, Salvatore F. Identification of new polymorphisms in the CACNA1S gene. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2003;41:20-2 pubmed..By using methods based on digestion with restriction enzymes we calculated the frequencies of these novel polymorphisms, as well as heterozygosity, in normal subjects from southern Italy. ..
- Cacciapuoti G, Marabotti A, Fuccio F, Porcelli M. Unraveling the structural and functional differences between purine nucleoside phosphorylase and 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1814:1358-66 pubmed publisher..Finally, we utilized the structural models of mutant enzyme-substrate complex to rationalize the functional effects of the mutations. ..
- Silipo A, Molinaro A, Nazarenko E, Sturiale L, Garozzo D, Gorshkova R, et al. Structural characterization of the carbohydrate backbone of the lipooligosaccharide of the marine bacterium Arenibacter certesii strain KMM 3941(T). Carbohydr Res. 2005;340:2540-9 pubmed..The lipid A is constituted by a bis-phosphorylated disaccharide unit composed by a 2,3-diamino-2,3-dideoxy-beta-d-glucopyranose (DAG) residue as non-reducing end and a GlcN as reducing end. ..
- Scudiero R, Trinchella F, Riggio M, Parisi E. Structure and expression of genes involved in transport and storage of iron in red-blooded and hemoglobin-less antarctic notothenioids. Gene. 2007;397:1-11 pubmed..These results indicate that the loss of hemoglobin in icefish is accompanied by remodulation of the iron metabolism. ..
- Gigliotti S, Callaini G, Andone S, Riparbelli M, Pernas Alonso R, Hoffmann G, et al. Nup154, a new Drosophila gene essential for male and female gametogenesis is related to the nup155 vertebrate nucleoporin gene. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:1195-207 pubmed..Finally, the multiplicity of phenotypes observed in Nup154 mutant alleles suggests that this gene plays a crucial role in cell physiology. ..
- Zannini M, Avantaggiato V, Biffali E, Arnone M, Sato K, Pischetola M, et al. TTF-2, a new forkhead protein, shows a temporal expression in the developing thyroid which is consistent with a role in controlling the onset of differentiation. EMBO J. 1997;16:3185-97 pubmed