Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Napoli, Campania, Italy
Locale: Napoli, Campania, Italy
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- Aiello A, Fattorusso E, Luciano P, Menna M, Calzado M, Munoz E, et al. Synthesis of structurally simplified analogues of aplidinone A, a pro-apoptotic marine thiazinoquinone. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:719-27 pubmed publisher..This exemplifies the potential of a natural product to qualify as lead structure for medicinal chemistry campaigns, affording simplified analogues with better bioactivity and easier to synthesize...
- Ruocco N, Maria Fedele A, Costantini S, Romano G, Ianora A, Costantini M. New inter-correlated genes targeted by diatom-derived polyunsaturated aldehydes in the sea urchin Paracentrotus lividus. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;142:355-362 pubmed publisher..The genes identified in this work as targets for PUAs can be considered as possible biomarkers to detect exposure to different environmental pollutants. ..
- Malva C, Graziani F, Gargiulo G, Manzi A. Cell functions in Drosophila oogenesis. Genetica. 1994;94:115-26 pubmed..We will review here our studies on two of these genes: the Vitelline Membrane Protein gene 32E and the gene coding for a receptor form of Guanylate Cyclase. ..
- Sorrentino R, Libertini S, Pallante P, Troncone G, Palombini L, Bavetsias V, et al. Aurora B overexpression associates with the thyroid carcinoma undifferentiated phenotype and is required for thyroid carcinoma cell proliferation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:928-35 pubmed..The block of Aurora B expression induced by RNA interference or by using an inhibitor of Aurora kinase activity significantly reduced the growth of thyroid anaplastic carcinoma cells. ..
- Vitagliano D, Portella G, Troncone G, Francione A, Rossi C, Bruno A, et al. Thyroid targeting of the N-ras(Gln61Lys) oncogene in transgenic mice results in follicular tumors that progress to poorly differentiated carcinomas. Oncogene. 2006;25:5467-74 pubmed..These findings support the notion that mutated ras oncogenes could be able to drive the formation of thyroid tumors that can progress to poorly differentiated, metastatic carcinomas...
- Rinaldi L, Biggeri A, Carbone S, Musella V, Catelan D, Veneziano V, et al. Canine faecal contamination and parasitic risk in the city of Naples (southern Italy). BMC Vet Res. 2006;2:29 pubmed
- Scudiero R, Trinchella F, Riggio M, Parisi E. Structure and expression of genes involved in transport and storage of iron in red-blooded and hemoglobin-less antarctic notothenioids. Gene. 2007;397:1-11 pubmed..These results indicate that the loss of hemoglobin in icefish is accompanied by remodulation of the iron metabolism. ..
- Di Palma T, De Cristofaro T, D Ambrosio C, Del Prete D, Scaloni A, Zannini M. Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 binds to Pax8 and inhibits its transcriptional activity. J Mol Endocrinol. 2008;41:379-88 pubmed publisher..In the context of thyroid-specific gene transcription, our results suggest that PARP1 behaves as an important negative co-factor involved in the regulation of Pax8-dependent gene expression. ..
- Damiano V, Garofalo S, Rosa R, Bianco R, Caputo R, Gelardi T, et al. A novel toll-like receptor 9 agonist cooperates with trastuzumab in trastuzumab-resistant breast tumors through multiple mechanisms of action. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:6921-30 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we provided first evidence of a toll-like receptor 9/HER interaction at membrane level as novel mechanism of action. Altogether, we propose IMO plus trastuzumab as an effective strategy in trastuzumab-resistant breast cancers. ..
- Lupo A, Cesaro E, Montano G, Izzo P, Costanzo P. ZNF224: Structure and role of a multifunctional KRAB-ZFP protein. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:470-3 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ZNF224 is a multifunctional protein and that alternative splicing, sub-cellular compartmentalization and isoform-specific interactions may modulate its activity. ..
- Ciminiello P, Dell Aversano C, Dello Iacovo E, Fattorusso E, Forino M, Grauso L, et al. Isolation and structure elucidation of ovatoxin-a, the major toxin produced by Ostreopsis ovata. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:1869-75 pubmed publisher..Elucidation of ovatoxin-a's complex structure will ultimately herald the understanding of the molecular bases of ovatoxins bioactivity...
- Ferone G, Thomason H, Antonini D, De Rosa L, Hu B, Gemei M, et al. Mutant p63 causes defective expansion of ectodermal progenitor cells and impaired FGF signalling in AEC syndrome. EMBO Mol Med. 2012;4:192-205 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a functional link between FGF signalling and p63 in the expansion of epithelial progenitor cells and provide mechanistic insights into the pathogenesis of AEC syndrome...
- Lauritano C, Carotenuto Y, Miralto A, Procaccini G, Ianora A. Copepod population-specific response to a toxic diatom diet. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47262 pubmed publisher..This study opens new perspectives for understanding copepod population-specific responses to diatom toxins and may help in underpinning the cellular mechanisms underlying copepod toxicity during diatom blooms. ..
- de Rosa S, Puliti R, Crispino A, De Giulio A. A new scalarane sesterterpenoid from the marine sponge Cacospongia mollior. J Nat Prod. 1994;57:256-62 pubmed..It shows high antifeedant activity and is hot to taste for the human tongue. Both 2a and 2b display cytotoxic activity. ..
- Bassi M, Manzoni M, Monti E, Pizzo M, Ballabio A, Borsani G. Cloning of the gene encoding a novel integral membrane protein, mucolipidin-and identification of the two major founder mutations causing mucolipidosis type IV. Am J Hum Genet. 2000;67:1110-20 pubmed..Mucolipidin is likely to play an important role in endocytosis...
- Saccone G, Pane A, Polito L. Sex determination in flies, fruitflies and butterflies. Genetica. 2002;116:15-23 pubmed..An understanding of the sex determination mechanisms in insects that are of agricultural or public health importance may help in the development of improved methods for their control using the sterile insect technique...
- Tripodi M, Filosa A, Armentano M, Studer M. The COUP-TF nuclear receptors regulate cell migration in the mammalian basal forebrain. Development. 2004;131:6119-29 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that COUP-TFs are directly involved in tangential cell migration in the developing brain, through the regulation of short- and long-range guidance cues. ..
- Aiello A, D Esposito M, Fattorusso E, Menna M, Muller W, Perovic Ottstadt S, et al. Novel bioactive bromopyrrole alkaloids from the Mediterranean sponge Axinella verrucosa. Bioorg Med Chem. 2006;14:17-24 pubmed..Compounds 1-4 were found to display neuroprotective activity against the agonists serotonin and glutamate in vitro. ..
- Meccariello R, Chianese R, Cacciola G, Cobellis G, Pierantoni R, Fasano S. Type-1 cannabinoid receptor expression in the frog, Rana esculenta, tissues: a possible involvement in the regulation of testicular activity. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:551-8 pubmed..In conclusion, CB1 receptor is expressed in R. esculenta CNS and testis. As far as the gonad it concerns, our results suggest the involvement of the endocannabinoids in the control of reproductive function...
- Tivodar S, Paladino S, Pillich R, Prinetti A, Chigorno V, van Meer G, et al. Analysis of detergent-resistant membranes associated with apical and basolateral GPI-anchored proteins in polarized epithelial cells. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5705-12 pubmed..This specific lipid ratio is maintained after mixing the cells before lysis indicating that DRMs maintain their identity after Triton extraction. ..
- Cortese L, Pelagalli A, Piantedosi D, Mastellone V, Manco A, Lombardi P, et al. Platelet aggregation and haemostatic response in dogs naturally co-infected by Leishmania infantum and Ehrlichia canis. J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med. 2006;53:546-8 pubmed..The hypothesis of a synergism between leishmaniosis and ehrlichiosis in altering platelet function by different pathways is discussed. ..
- Talevi R, Zagami M, Castaldo M, Gualtieri R. Redox regulation of sperm surface thiols modulates adhesion to the fallopian tube epithelium. Biol Reprod. 2007;76:728-35 pubmed
- Fakhry S, Sorrentini I, Ricca E, De Felice M, Baccigalupi L. Characterization of spore forming Bacilli isolated from the human gastrointestinal tract. J Appl Microbiol. 2008;105:2178-86 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the isolated species do not transit, but rather colonize this specific habitat and propose them as probiotic strains for human use. ..
- Pierantoni R, Cobellis G, Meccariello R, Cacciola G, Chianese R, Chioccarelli T, et al. CB1 activity in male reproduction: mammalian and nonmammalian animal models. Vitam Horm. 2009;81:367-87 pubmed publisher..In this chapter the attention is focussed on the involvement of the ECBS in the control of male reproductive aspects at both central and local levels which are both considered from a comparative point of view. ..
- Sepe V, Bifulco G, Renga B, D Amore C, Fiorucci S, Zampella A. Discovery of sulfated sterols from marine invertebrates as a new class of marine natural antagonists of farnesoid-X-receptor. J Med Chem. 2011;54:1314-20 pubmed publisher..This compound is a major tool to explore the effect of FXR inhibition in pharmacological settings. ..
- Putra M, Bavestrello G, Cerrano C, Renga B, D Amore C, Fiorucci S, et al. Polyhydroxylated sterols from the Indonesian soft coral Sinularia sp. and their effect on farnesoid X-activated receptor. Steroids. 2012;77:433-40 pubmed publisher..Our results represent the first evaluation of soft coral steroids for interaction with nuclear receptors and qualify gorgosterol (7) as a new chemotype of FXR antagonist...
- De Falco V, Tamburrino A, Ventre S, Castellone M, Malek M, Manié S, et al. CD44 proteolysis increases CREB phosphorylation and sustains proliferation of thyroid cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2012;72:1449-58 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings reveal a CD44-CREB signaling pathway that is needed to sustain cancer cell proliferation, potentially offering new molecular targets for therapeutic intervention in thyroid carcinoma. ..
- Nebbioso A, Carafa V, Benedetti R, Altucci L. Trials with 'epigenetic' drugs: an update. Mol Oncol. 2012;6:657-82 pubmed publisher..Here, we focus on the biological features of epigenetic molecules, analyzing the mechanism(s) of action and their current use in clinical practice. ..
- Vallino Costassa E, Fiorini M, Zanusso G, Peletto S, Acutis P, Baioni E, et al. Characterization of Amyloid-Î² Deposits in Bovine Brains. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;51:875-87 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the identification of the same AÎ² peptides reported in humans, but unable to form aggregates, supports the hypothesis that cattle may be protected against amyloid plaque formation. ..
- Del Prete S, Vullo D, Zoccola D, Tambutte S, Capasso C, Supuran C. Kinetic properties and affinities for sulfonamide inhibitors of an ?-carbonic anhydrase (CruCA4) involved in coral biomineralization in the Mediterranean red coral Corallium rubrum. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:3525-3530 pubmed publisher..Our results are discussed compared to values obtained for other CA isoforms involved in biomineralization. This is the first study describing the biochemical characterization of an octocoral CA. ..
- Rusciano G, De Canditiis C, Zito G, Rubessa M, Roca M, Carotenuto R, et al. Raman-microscopy investigation of vitrification-induced structural damages in mature bovine oocytes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177677 pubmed publisher..Our experimental outcomes also suggest a certain degree of reversibility of the induced transformations, which renders vitrified oocytes more similar to untreated cells after 2 h warming. ..
- Chiavaccini L, Micieli F, Meomartino L, Duffee L, Vesce G. A novel supra-temporal approach to retrobulbar anaesthesia in dogs: Preliminary study in cadavers. Vet J. 2017;223:68-70 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required to confirm the clinical efficacy of this approach in dogs. ..
- Gargiulo G, Gigliotti S, Malva C, Graziani F. Cellular specificity of expression and regulation of Drosophila vitelline membrane protein 32E gene in the follicular epithelium: identification of cis-acting elements. Mech Dev. 1991;35:193-203 pubmed..Most interestingly, sequence similarities to ecdysone response elements raise the possibility of hormonal control also for VMP gene expression. ..
- Pistillo D, Manzi A, Tino A, Boyl P, Graziani F, Malva C. The Drosophila melanogaster lipase homologs: a gene family with tissue and developmental specific expression. J Mol Biol. 1998;276:877-85 pubmed..The results reported here are discussed in relation to the evolution and functions of lipases within the between species. ..
- Chiariello M, De Gregorio L, Vitelli R, Alifano P, Dragani T, Bruni C, et al. Genetic mapping of the mouse Rab7 gene and pseudogene and of the human RAB7 homolog. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:448-52 pubmed..By radiation hybrid mapping, we have located the human RAB7 gene on Chr 3, in a region homologous to the mouse Chr 6, where the Rab7 gene maps. ..
- Paladino S, Sarnataro D, Tivodar S, Zurzolo C. Oligomerization is a specific requirement for apical sorting of glycosyl-phosphatidylinositol-anchored proteins but not for non-raft-associated apical proteins. Traffic. 2007;8:251-8 pubmed..We also show that oligomerization is a specific requirement for apical sorting of GPI-APs and is not used by transmembrane, non-raft-associated apical proteins. ..
- Aiello A, Fattorusso E, Giordano A, Menna M, Muller W, Perovic Ottstadt S, et al. Damipipecolin and damituricin, novel bioactive bromopyrrole alkaloids from the Mediterranean sponge Axinella damicornis. Bioorg Med Chem. 2007;15:5877-87 pubmed..Compounds 1 and 2 were found to display a modulating effect of the serotonin receptor activity in vitro...
- Esposito I, Proto M, Gazzerro P, Laezza C, Miele C, Alberobello A, et al. The cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonist rimonabant stimulates 2-deoxyglucose uptake in skeletal muscle cells by regulating the expression of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase. Mol Pharmacol. 2008;74:1678-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, modulation of CB1 regulates glucose uptake at the level of the PI3K signaling system in skeletal muscle cells. Interfering with CB1 signaling may therefore ameliorate glucoregulatory functions in peripheral tissues. ..
- Giorgini M, Monti M, Caprio E, Stouthamer R, Hunter M. Feminization and the collapse of haplodiploidy in an asexual parasitoid wasp harboring the bacterial symbiont Cardinium. Heredity (Edinb). 2009;102:365-71 pubmed publisher..In addition, our data suggest that Cardinium is necessary for the fertility of E. hispida; antibiotic curing of Cardinium reduces offspring production of adult females. ..
- Di Capua A, Sticozzi C, Brogi S, Brindisi M, Cappelli A, Sautebin L, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of fluorinated 1,5-diarylpyrrole-3-alkoxyethyl ether derivatives as selective COX-2 inhibitors endowed with anti-inflammatory activity. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;109:99-106 pubmed publisher..Compound 10b exhibited a prominent inÂ vivo anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive activities, in addition its antiproliferative power in an inÂ vitro model of human skin cancer is herein described. ..
- Gogliettino M, Balestrieri M, Riccio A, Facchiano A, Fusco C, Palazzo V, et al. Uncommon functional properties of the first piscine 26S proteasome from the Antarctic notothenioid Trematomus bernacchii. Biosci Rep. 2016;36: pubmed publisher..bernacchii and the temperate fish Dicentrarchus labrax, showed a lower protein retention in the cold-adapted fish, possibly due to a better efficiency of its degradation machinery. ..
- Motta C, Cerciello R, De Bonis S, Mazzella V, Cirino P, Panzuto R, et al. Potential toxicity of improperly discarded exhausted photovoltaic cells. Environ Pollut. 2016;216:786-792 pubmed publisher..The toxic effects revealed in inÂ vitro tests are sufficient to attract attention considering that they are exerted on both plants and aquatic animals and that the number of old PVPs in disposal sites will be very high. ..
- Lucini C, Castaldo L, Lai O, De Vico G. Ontogeny, postnatal development and ageing of endocrine pancreas in Bubalus bubalis. J Anat. 1998;192 ( Pt 3):417-24 pubmed..In the duct epithelium, these cells were either single or grouped, and they sometimes formed a protrusion projecting towards the connective tissue. These morphological features were primarily observed in fetuses and young buffalos. ..
- De Rienzo G, Di Sena R, Ferrara D, Palmiero C, Chieffi Baccari G, Minucci S. Temporal and spatial localization of prothymosin alpha transcript in the Harderian gland of the frog, Rana esculenta. J Exp Zool. 2002;292:633-9 pubmed..esculenta...
- Ciminiello P, Dell Aversano C, Fattorusso E, Forino M, Tartaglione L, Grillo C, et al. Putative palytoxin and its new analogue, ovatoxin-a, in Ostreopsis ovata collected along the Ligurian coasts during the 2006 toxic outbreak. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2008;19:111-20 pubmed..We report also on the analysis of cultured O. ovata, which was necessary to unequivocally demonstrate that putative palytoxin and ovatoxin-a contained in field samples were actually produced by O. ovata itself...
- Costagliola A, Van Nassauw L, Snyders D, Adriaensen D, Timmermans J. Voltage-gated delayed rectifier K v 1-subunits may serve as distinctive markers for enteroglial cells with different phenotypes in the murine ileum. Neurosci Lett. 2009;461:80-4 pubmed publisher..Our results support the active role of EGC with distinct phenotypes in intestinal functions, which is relevant in view of their modulating role on intestinal barrier and inflammatory responses. ..
- Russo M, Vignoli M, Catone G, Rossi F, Attanasi G, England G. Prostatic perfusion in the dog using contrast-enhanced Doppler ultrasound. Reprod Domest Anim. 2009;44 Suppl 2:334-5 pubmed publisher..During the wash-in phase, there was an homogenous enhancement of the prostatic parenchyma. During the wash-out phase, an homogenous decrease of the echogenicity was visible in all cases. ..
- Ballabio A. Disease pathogenesis explained by basic science: lysosomal storage diseases as autophagocytic disorders. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009;47 Suppl 1:S34-8 pubmed
- Nishino A, Okamura Y, Piscopo S, Brown E. A glycine receptor is involved in the organization of swimming movements in an invertebrate chordate. BMC Neurosci. 2010;11:6 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the basic network for 'spinal-like' locomotion is likely to have existed in the common ancestor of extant chordates some 650 M years ago. ..
- Donizetti A, Fiengo M, del Gaudio R, Di Giaimo R, Minucci S, Aniello F. Characterization and developmental expression pattern of the relaxin receptor rxfp1 gene in zebrafish. Dev Growth Differ. 2010;52:799-806 pubmed publisher..The rxfp1 expression pattern in Danio rerio embryos is very similar to that reported in the adult mammalian brain, suggesting a pivotal role of this receptor in the neurophysiology processes already at very early developmental stages. ..
- De Marino S, Ummarino R, D Auria M, Chini M, Bifulco G, Renga B, et al. Theonellasterols and conicasterols from Theonella swinhoei. Novel marine natural ligands for human nuclear receptors. J Med Chem. 2011;54:3065-75 pubmed publisher..Exposure of liver cells to this agent resulted in potent induction of PXR-regulated genes and modulation of FXR-regulated genes, highlighting its pharmacological potential in the treatment of liver disorders...
- Vitale M, Renzone G, Matsuda S, Scaloni A, D ADAMIO L, Zambrano N. Proteomic characterization of a mouse model of familial Danish dementia. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2012;2012:728178 pubmed publisher..Immunoblotting analysis finally demonstrated the actual downregulation of the synaptosomal scaffold protein Dlg4/Psd95 and of the dual-specificity phosphatase Dusp3 in the synaptosomes of FDD(KI) mice. ..
- Chianese G, Fattorusso E, Scala F, Teta R, Calcinai B, Bavestrello G, et al. Manadoperoxides, a new class of potent antitrypanosomal agents of marine origin. Org Biomol Chem. 2012;10:7197-207 pubmed publisher..This information can be valuable to guide the design of optimized antitrypanosomal agents based on the dioxane scaffold...
- Morisco C, Marrone C, Trimarco V, Crispo S, Monti M, Sadoshima J, et al. Insulin resistance affects the cytoprotective effect of insulin in cardiomyocytes through an impairment of MAPK phosphatase-1 expression. Cardiovasc Res. 2007;76:453-64 pubmed
- Foglia Manzillo V, Pagano A, Guglielmino R, Gradoni L, Restucci B, Oliva G. Extranodal gammadelta-T-cell lymphoma in a dog with leishmaniasis. Vet Clin Pathol. 2008;37:298-301 pubmed publisher..gammadelta-T cells may be involved in the host response to this parasite, and prolonged antigenic stimulation and chronic immunosuppression (typical of leishmaniasis) play a crucial role in the etiopathogenesis of T-cell lymphoma. ..
- Portella G, Ferulano G, Santoro M, Grieco M, Fusco A, Vecchio G. The Kirsten murine sarcoma virus induces rat thyroid carcinomas in vivo. Oncogene. 1989;4:181-8 pubmed
- de Rienzo G, Aniello F, Branno M, Minucci S. Isolation and characterization of a novel member of the relaxin/insulin family from the testis of the frog Rana esculenta. Endocrinology. 2001;142:3231-8 pubmed..In addition, because fRLX expression changes during the annual cycle suggesting its involvement in spermatogenesis, fRLX may be considered a new marker for the study of spermatogenesis in the Rana esculenta...
- Restucci B, Maiolino P, Paciello O, Martano M, De Vico G, Papparella S. Evaluation of angiogenesis in canine seminomas by quantitative immunohistochemistry. J Comp Pathol. 2003;128:252-9 pubmed
- Nitsch R, Di Palma T, Mascia A, Zannini M. WBP-2, a WW domain binding protein, interacts with the thyroid-specific transcription factor Pax8. Biochem J. 2004;377:553-60 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that WBP-2 is not a transcriptional co-activator of Pax8, but rather behaves as an adaptor molecule, as suggested in other studies. ..
- Sarnataro D, Campana V, Paladino S, Stornaiuolo M, Nitsch L, Zurzolo C. PrP(C) association with lipid rafts in the early secretory pathway stabilizes its cellular conformation. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4031-42 pubmed..These data indicate that the early association of PrP(C) with cholesterol-enriched rafts facilitates its correct folding and reinforce the hypothesis that cholesterol and sphingolipids have different roles in PrP metabolism. ..
- Ciaramella P, Corona M, Cortese L, Piantedosi D, Santoro D, Di Loria A, et al. Seroprevalence of Neospora spp. in asymptomatic horses in Italy. Vet Parasitol. 2004;123:11-5 pubmed..3%) and 1:800 (1/150-0.6%). No neurological anomalies were observed in the seropositive horses. This is the first serologic survey for Neospora spp. antibodies performed on horses born and raised in Italy. ..
- Santella L. NAADP: a new second messenger comes of age. Mol Interv. 2005;5:70-2 pubmed..Furthermore, the NAADP-induced self-inactivation mechanism is suggestive of an irreversible binding of NAADP to its putative receptor. ..
- Livigni A, Scorziello A, Agnese S, Adornetto A, Carlucci A, Garbi C, et al. Mitochondrial AKAP121 links cAMP and src signaling to oxidative metabolism. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:263-71 pubmed..These findings indicate that AKAP121, through its role in enhancing cAMP and tyrosine kinase signaling to distal organelles, is an important regulator in mitochondrial metabolism. ..
- Fattorusso C, Campiani G, Catalanotti B, Persico M, Basilico N, Parapini S, et al. Endoperoxide derivatives from marine organisms: 1,2-dioxanes of the plakortin family as novel antimalarial agents. J Med Chem. 2006;49:7088-94 pubmed
- Caputi L, Borra M, Andreakis N, Biffali E, Sordino P. SNPs and Hox gene mapping in Ciona intestinalis. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:39 pubmed publisher..We provide the first reliable computation of genetic distance in this important model chordate. This latter result represents an important platform for future studies on Hox genes showing deviations from the archetypal topology. ..
- Di Fiore A, Pedone C, Antel J, Waldeck H, Witte A, Wurl M, et al. Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors: the X-ray crystal structure of ethoxzolamide complexed to human isoform II reveals the importance of thr200 and gln92 for obtaining tight-binding inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2008;18:2669-74 pubmed publisher
- Santella L, Puppo A, Chun J. The role of the actin cytoskeleton in calcium signaling in starfish oocytes. Int J Dev Biol. 2008;52:571-84 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the physiological significance and the mechanism of intracellular Ca2+ mobilization in starfish oocytes during maturation and fertilization. ..
- Gargiulo V, Lanzetta R, Parrilli M, De Castro C. Structural analysis of chondroitin sulfate from Scyliorhinus canicula: a useful source of this polysaccharide. Glycobiology. 2009;19:1485-91 pubmed publisher..In the light of the results obtained, Scyliorhinus canicula chondroitin sulfate possesses a chemical structure compatible for the formulation of commercial and pharmaceutical products. ..
- De Rosa L, Antonini D, Ferone G, Russo M, Yu P, Han R, et al. p63 Suppresses non-epidermal lineage markers in a bone morphogenetic protein-dependent manner via repression of Smad7. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:30574-82 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that p63 prevents ectopic expression of non-epidermal genes by a mechanism involving Smad7 repression and, to a lesser extent, Bmp7 induction, with consequent enhancement of BMP/Smad signaling. ..
- Lucini C, D angelo L, Patruno M, Mascarello F, De Girolamo P, Castaldo L. GDNF family ligand RET receptor in the brain of adult zebrafish. Neurosci Lett. 2011;502:214-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the occurrence of RET and suggest an involvement of GDNF family ligands in the brain of adult zebrafish. ..
- Andreotti G, Citro V, Correra A, Cubellis M. A thermodynamic assay to test pharmacological chaperones for Fabry disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1840:1214-24 pubmed publisher..We used a method based on chemically induced unfolding as a tool to assess whether a particular Fabry mutation is responsive to pharmacological chaperones, but, by no means is our protocol limited to this disease. ..
- D Aniello S, Delroisse J, Valero Gracia A, Lowe E, Byrne M, Cannon J, et al. Opsin evolution in the Ambulacraria. Mar Genomics. 2015;24 Pt 2:177-83 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we identified two opsin groups specific to echinoderms. In conclusion, a molecular phylogenetic framework for investigating light-perception and photobiological behaviors in marine deuterostomes has been obtained. ..
- Esposito M, Cavallo S, Chiaravalle E, Miedico O, Pellicanò R, Rosato G, et al. Trace elements in free-range hen eggs in the Campania region (Italy) analyzed by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS). Environ Monit Assess. 2016;188:326 pubmed publisher..In some cases (Cd, Cu, Ni, Mn), the content determined in this study was in line with those reported elsewhere, in other cases (Pb, Cr), lower values were found. ..
- Riccardo S, Tortoriello G, Giordano E, Turano M, Furia M. The coding/non-coding overlapping architecture of the gene encoding the Drosophila pseudouridine synthase. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:15 pubmed..This gene exhibits a complex and interlaced organization, and its genetic information may be expressed as different protein subforms and/or ncRNAs that may potentially contribute to its biological functions. ..
- Cirillo G, Maggio N, Bianco M, Vollono C, Sellitti S, Papa M. Discriminative behavioral assessment unveils remarkable reactive astrocytosis and early molecular correlates in basal ganglia of 3-nitropropionic acid subchronic treated rats. Neurochem Int. 2010;56:152-60 pubmed publisher..Therefore this model unveil the key role played by the different components of the tripartite synapse in the pathogenesis of the HD, a putative non-cell-autonomous disease. ..
- Mennella M, Roma G, Farina B. Active poly(ADPribose) metabolism in DNAase- and salt-resistant rat testis chromatin with high transcriptional activity/competence. J Cell Biochem. 2003;89:688-97 pubmed..Longest and branched polymers were retained on the top of protein gel, likely bound to automodified poly(ADPribose) polymerase. ..
- Andrenacci D, Le Bras S, Rosaria Grimaldi M, Rugarli E, Graziani F. Embryonic expression pattern of the Drosophila Kallmann syndrome gene kal-1. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;5:67-73 pubmed..This is the first time that the expression of a kal-1 ortholog has been demonstrated to be sex specific making the kal-1 transcript a useful tool for the study of sex determination in the gonad. ..
- Cringoli G, Rinaldi L, Veneziano V, Genchi C. A dual anthelmintic treatment strategic scheme for the control of fasciolosis in dairy sheep farms. Parasitol Res. 2006;99:700-5 pubmed..This scheme did not influence the albendazole SO efficacy against GI nematodes and might be used for the treatment of fasciolosis in dairy sheep farms...
- Grimaldi M, Cozzolino L, Malva C, Graziani F, Gigliotti S. nup154 genetically interacts with cup and plays a cell-type-specific function during Drosophila melanogaster egg-chamber development. Genetics. 2007;175:1751-9 pubmed..Moreover, cup, nup154 double mutants exhibit much stronger oogenesis defects than single mutants. Our findings delineate an intriguing scenario where an ubiquitous nucleoporin might directly influence specialized developmental events. ..
- Altieri P, Barisione C, Lazzarini E, Garuti A, Bezante G, Canepa M, et al. Testosterone Antagonizes Doxorubicin-Induced Senescence of Cardiomyocytes. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..This is a potential mechanism by which pubescent and adolescent boys are less prone to chronic anthracycline cardiotoxicity than girls. ..
- Zannini M, Avantaggiato V, Biffali E, Arnone M, Sato K, Pischetola M, et al. TTF-2, a new forkhead protein, shows a temporal expression in the developing thyroid which is consistent with a role in controlling the onset of differentiation. EMBO J. 1997;16:3185-97 pubmed
- Cuccato G, Della Gatta G, di Bernardo D. Systems and Synthetic biology: tackling genetic networks and complex diseases. Heredity (Edinb). 2009;102:527-32 pubmed publisher..Here we present some of the main genetics and medical applications of these two emerging fields. ..
- Cocchia N, Paciello O, Auletta L, Uccello V, Silvestro L, Mallardo K, et al. Comparison of the cytobrush, cottonswab, and low-volume uterine flush techniques to evaluate endometrial cytology for diagnosing endometritis in chronically infertile mares. Theriogenology. 2012;77:89-98 pubmed publisher..More studies are needed to establish criteria for interpretation of inflammation in the mare on cytobrush samples...
- Sirangelo I, Iannuzzi C, Malmo C, Irace G. Tryptophanyl substitutions in apomyoglobin affect conformation and dynamic properties of AGH subdomain. Biopolymers. 2003;70:649-54 pubmed..The single W --> F substitution at either position 7 or 14 determines local conformational changes that increase the accessibility of the remaining indole residue but do not affect the overall architecture of the protein molecule. ..