Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Napoli, Campania, Italy
Locale: Napoli, Campania, Italy
Topic: amino acid sequence
- Palmieri G, Di Palo M, Scaloni A, Orru S, Marino G, Sannia G. Glutamate-1-semialdehyde aminotransferase from Sulfolobus solfataricus. Biochem J. 1996;320 ( Pt 2):541-5 pubmed..Evidence is provided that ALA synthesis in S. solfataricus follows the C5 pathway characteristic of plants, algae, cyanobacteria and many other bacteria. ..
- Rafti F, Scarvelis D, Lasko P. A Drosophila melanogaster homologue of the human DEAD-box gene DDX1. Gene. 1996;171:225-9 pubmed..The 2.7-kb Dm Ddx1 RNA is expressed throughout development, but its levels are elevated in early embryos. Ddx1 maps to polytene chromosome band 79D4 on the left arm of Dm chromosome 3. ..
- Russo G, Ricciardelli G, Pietropaolo C. Different domains cooperate to target the human ribosomal L7a protein to the nucleus and to the nucleoli. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:5229-35 pubmed..Domain II drives nucleolar accumulation of a reporter protein with the cooperative action of a short basic amino acid sequence, suggesting a mechanism requiring protein-protein or protein-nucleic acid interactions. ..
- Bucci C, Chiariello M, Lattero D, Maiorano M, Bruni C. Interaction cloning and characterization of the cDNA encoding the human prenylated rab acceptor (PRA1). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;258:657-62 pubmed..Analysis of mRNA expression shows a single abundant mRNA of about 0.8 kb ubiquitously expressed. Western blot analysis of the overexpressed protein shows a band of the expected size equally distributed between cytosol and membranes. ..
- D Auria G, Esposito C, Falcigno L, Calvanese L, Iaccarino E, Ruggiero A, et al. Dynamical properties of cold shock protein A from Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;402:693-8 pubmed publisher..Also, they show that the nucleic-acid binding region of MTB-CspA is the least prone to unfolding, a finding which explains the ability of MTB-CspA to exert its function...
- Facchiano A, Stiuso P, Chiusano M, Caraglia M, Giuberti G, Marra M, et al. Homology modelling of the human eukaryotic initiation factor 5A (eIF-5A). Protein Eng. 2001;14:881-90 pubmed..Last, the model was deposited in the Protein Data Bank to be accessible for studies on the structure-function relationships of the human eIF-5A. ..
- Pane K, Durante L, Crescenzi O, Cafaro V, Pizzo E, Varcamonti M, et al. Antimicrobial potency of cationic antimicrobial peptides can be predicted from their amino acid composition: Application to the detection of "cryptic" antimicrobial peptides. J Theor Biol. 2017;419:254-265 pubmed publisher..Our strategy is also well suited to analyze large pools of sequences, thus significantly improving the identification of new CAMPs and the study of innate immunity. ..
- Pedone E, Ren B, Ladenstein R, Rossi M, Bartolucci S. Functional properties of the protein disulfide oxidoreductase from the archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus: a member of a novel protein family related to protein disulfide-isomerase. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:3437-48 pubmed..These results and an investigation on genomic sequence databases indicate that PfPDO may be an ancestor of the eukaryotic PDI and belongs to a novel protein disulfide oxidoreductase family...
- Orio F, Ferrarini E, Cascella T, Dimida A, Palomba S, Gianetti E, et al. Genetic analysis of the follicle stimulating hormone receptor gene in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. J Endocrinol Invest. 2006;29:975-82 pubmed..In conclusion, the present study demonstrates that mutations of the FSHr gene are rare in Italian women. The only mutation that we found does not appear to have any pathophysiological significance in PCOS. ..
- Bova R, Cascino A, Cipollaro M, Grau O, Micheli M, Santoro M, et al. Bacteriophage T4 gene 27. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:3046 pubmed
- Trinchella F, Esposito M, Scudiero R. Metallothionein primary structure in amphibians: Insights from comparative evolutionary analysis in vertebrates. C R Biol. 2012;335:480-7 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis also reveals the complexity of vertebrate metallothionein evolution, made by both ancient and more recent events of gene duplication and loss...
- Palmieri G, Catara G, Saviano M, Langella E, Gogliettino M, Rossi M. First Archaeal PEPB-Serine Protease Inhibitor from Sulfolobus solfataricus with Noncanonical Amino Acid Sequence in the Reactive-Site Loop. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:327-34 pubmed publisher..This unique motif may provide new insights into both the inhibitor/protease binding mode and the specific biological functions of SsCEI within the PEBP family...
- Bucci C, Lutcke A, Steele Mortimer O, Olkkonen V, Dupree P, Chiariello M, et al. Co-operative regulation of endocytosis by three Rab5 isoforms. FEBS Lett. 1995;366:65-71 pubmed..These data demonstrate that three Rab5 isoforms cooperate in the regulation of endocytosis in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Migliaccio A, Varricchio L, de Falco A, Castoria G, Arra C, Yamaguchi H, et al. Inhibition of the SH3 domain-mediated binding of Src to the androgen receptor and its effect on tumor growth. Oncogene. 2007;26:6619-29 pubmed..The importance of these results is highlighted by the finding that the peptide strongly inhibits the growth of LNCaP xenografts established in nude mice. ..
- Merone L, Mandrich L, Rossi M, Manco G. A thermostable phosphotriesterase from the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus: cloning, overexpression and properties. Extremophiles. 2005;9:297-305 pubmed publisher..solfataricus paraoxonase. The importance of a stable paraoxonase for detoxification of chemical warfare agents and agricultural pesticides will be discussed...
- Tamburrini M, Cerasuolo I, Carratore V, Stanziola A, Zofra S, Romano L, et al. Kiwellin, a novel protein from kiwi fruit. Purification, biochemical characterization and identification as an allergen*. Protein J. 2005;24:423-9 pubmed..Serological tests and Western Blotting analysis showed that kiwellin is specifically recognized by IgE of patients allergic to kiwi fruit...
- Vinciguerra M, Vivacqua A, Fasanella G, Gallo A, Cuozzo C, Morano A, et al. Differential phosphorylation of c-Jun and JunD in response to the epidermal growth factor is determined by the structure of MAPK targeting sequences. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9634-41 pubmed..Our results suggest that evolution of a particular modular system of MAPK targeting sequences has determined a differential response of JunD and c-Jun to ERK activation. ..
- Bova R, Cascino A, Cipollaro M, Gargano S, Grau O, Micheli M, et al. Bacteriophage T4 gene 28. DNA Seq. 1995;5:199-201 pubmed..The complete nucleotide sequence of bacteriophage T4D gene 28 has been determined. Gene 28 product is a structural component of the viral baseplate for which an enzymatic activity has also been proposed. ..
- Riggio M, Scudiero R, Filosa S, Parisi E. Oestrogen-induced expression of a novel liver-specific aspartic proteinase in Danio rerio (zebrafish). Gene. 2002;295:241-6 pubmed..Our results provide evidence for an oestrogen-induced expression of LAP gene in liver. We postulate that the sexual dimorphic expression of the LAP gene may be related to the reproductive process. ..
- Castellano I, Di Maro A, Ruocco M, Chambery A, Parente A, Di Martino M, et al. Psychrophilic superoxide dismutase from Pseudoalteromonas haloplanktis: biochemical characterization and identification of a highly reactive cysteine residue. Biochimie. 2006;88:1377-89 pubmed..The possible modification of Cys57 by physiological thiols, eventually regulating the PhSOD functioning, is discussed...
- Tomaselli S, Crescenzi O, Sanfelice D, Ab E, Wechselberger R, Angeli S, et al. Solution structure of a chemosensory protein from the desert locust Schistocerca gregaria. Biochemistry. 2006;45:10606-13 pubmed..In fact, incubation of the protein with a natural ligand, namely, oleamide, produced substantial changes to the NMR spectra, suggesting extensive conformational transitions upon ligand binding. ..
- Scudiero R, Trinchella F, Riggio M, Parisi E. Structure and expression of genes involved in transport and storage of iron in red-blooded and hemoglobin-less antarctic notothenioids. Gene. 2007;397:1-11 pubmed..These results indicate that the loss of hemoglobin in icefish is accompanied by remodulation of the iron metabolism. ..
- Telese F, Bruni P, Donizetti A, Gianni D, D Ambrosio C, Scaloni A, et al. Transcription regulation by the adaptor protein Fe65 and the nucleosome assembly factor SET. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:77-82 pubmed..These results further support the function of Fe65 and APP in gene regulation and show a new role for the SET factor. ..
- Nitsch R, Di Palma T, Mascia A, Zannini M. WBP-2, a WW domain binding protein, interacts with the thyroid-specific transcription factor Pax8. Biochem J. 2004;377:553-60 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that WBP-2 is not a transcriptional co-activator of Pax8, but rather behaves as an adaptor molecule, as suggested in other studies. ..
- Zannini M, Avantaggiato V, Biffali E, Arnone M, Sato K, Pischetola M, et al. TTF-2, a new forkhead protein, shows a temporal expression in the developing thyroid which is consistent with a role in controlling the onset of differentiation. EMBO J. 1997;16:3185-97 pubmed
- Vivo M, Calogero R, Sansone F, Calabro V, Parisi T, Borrelli L, et al. The human tumor suppressor arf interacts with spinophilin/neurabin II, a type 1 protein-phosphatase-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14161-9 pubmed..These data demonstrate a role for spinophilin in cell growth and suggest that ARF and spinophilin could act in partially overlapping pathways. ..
- Pucci B, De Felice M, Rossi M, Onesti S, Pisani F. Amino acids of the Sulfolobus solfataricus mini-chromosome maintenance-like DNA helicase involved in DNA binding/remodeling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49222-8 pubmed..These results have important implications for the understanding of the molecular mechanism of the MCM DNA helicase action...
- Vaccaro M, Cuccaro M, De Marco N, Campanella C. Expression of p27BBP/eIF6 is highly modulated during Xenopus laevis embryogenesis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:482-90 pubmed..Moreover, the X. laevis cDNA isolation and characterization offer new hints for further studies in relation to potential p27BBP/eIF6 phosphorylation. ..
- Malva C, Varricchio P, Falabella P, La Scaleia R, Graziani F, Pennacchio F. Physiological and molecular interaction in the host-parasitoid system Heliothis virescens-Toxoneuron nigriceps: current status and future perspectives. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;34:177-83 pubmed..Sequencing of the entire TnBV genome is in progress and will considerably contribute to the understanding of the molecular bases of parasitoid-induced host alterations. ..
- Di Salle A, D Errico G, La Cara F, Cannio R, Rossi M. A novel thermostable sulfite oxidase from Thermus thermophilus: characterization of the enzyme, gene cloning and expression in Escherichia coli. Extremophiles. 2006;10:587-98 pubmed..The identified gene was PCR amplified on T. thermophilus AT62 genome, expressed in Escherichia coli and the recombinant protein identified and characterized...
- Cacciapuoti G, Marabotti A, Fuccio F, Porcelli M. Unraveling the structural and functional differences between purine nucleoside phosphorylase and 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1814:1358-66 pubmed publisher..Finally, we utilized the structural models of mutant enzyme-substrate complex to rationalize the functional effects of the mutations. ..
- Vaccaro M, Santo M, Caputo M, Just M, Tian J, Gong H, et al. Primary structure and developmental expression of Dp ZP2, a vitelline envelope glycoprotein homolog of mouse ZP2, in Discoglossus pictus, one of the oldest living Anuran species. Mol Reprod Dev. 2001;59:133-43 pubmed..Similarly, in Xenopus oocytes, the gp 69/64m RNA, was found in the oocytes, as well as in the somatic cells. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 59:133-143, 2001. ..
- Gigliotti S, Callaini G, Andone S, Riparbelli M, Pernas Alonso R, Hoffmann G, et al. Nup154, a new Drosophila gene essential for male and female gametogenesis is related to the nup155 vertebrate nucleoporin gene. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:1195-207 pubmed..Finally, the multiplicity of phenotypes observed in Nup154 mutant alleles suggests that this gene plays a crucial role in cell physiology. ..
- Gigliotti S, Rotoli D, Manzi A, Graziani F, Malva C. Female sterile mutations and egg chamber development in Drosophila melanogaster. Int J Dev Biol. 2000;44:581-9 pubmed..Here, in a schematic and simplified form, we point out what we believe are the main recent results on the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying ovarian development and outline our recent contribution to this field. ..
- Del Prete S, Vullo D, Osman S, Alothman Z, Donald W, Winum J, et al. Anion inhibitors of the ?-carbonic anhydrase from the pathogenic bacterium responsible of tularemia, Francisella tularensis. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4800-4804 pubmed publisher..As Francisella tularensis is the causative agent of tularemia, the discovery of compounds that can interfere with the life cycle of this pathogen may result in novel opportunities to fight antibiotic drug resistance. ..
- Correale S, Pirone L, Di Marcotullio L, De Smaele E, Greco A, Mazzà D, et al. Molecular organization of the cullin E3 ligase adaptor KCTD11. Biochimie. 2011;93:715-24 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these models provide insights into the determinants of the tetramer stability and into the regions involved in lKCTD11-Cul3 recognition. ..
- Contursi P, Farina B, Pirone L, Fusco S, Russo L, Bartolucci S, et al. Structural and functional studies of Stf76 from the Sulfolobus islandicus plasmid-virus pSSVx: a novel peculiar member of the winged helix-turn-helix transcription factor family. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:5993-6011 pubmed publisher..In addition, a model of the Stf76-DNA complex has been built using as template a structurally related homolog. ..
- Balasco N, Pirone L, Smaldone G, Di Gaetano S, Esposito L, Pedone E, et al. Molecular recognition of Cullin3 by KCTDs: insights from experimental and computational investigations. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1844:1289-98 pubmed publisher..The analysis of the molecular architecture of this complex machinery provides insights into the ubiquitination processes which involve E3 ligases with a high structural complexity. ..
- Polo A, Colonna G, Guariniello S, Ciliberto G, Costantini S. Deducing the functional characteristics of the human selenoprotein SELK from the structural properties of its intrinsically disordered C-terminal domain. Mol Biosyst. 2016;12:758-72 pubmed publisher..Therefore, considering the possible role that this protein can have in cancer development and progression, it can represent a target for drug design studies. ..
- Spagnuolo M, Cigliano L, D Andrea L, Pedone C, Abrescia P. Assignment of the binding site for haptoglobin on apolipoprotein A-I. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1193-8 pubmed..Synthetic peptides, able to displace Hpt from ApoA-I without altering its property of binding hemoglobin, might be used for treatment of diseases associated with defective LCAT function. ..
- De Cristofaro T, Mascia A, Pappalardo A, d Andrea B, Nitsch L, Zannini M. Pax8 protein stability is controlled by sumoylation. J Mol Endocrinol. 2009;42:35-46 pubmed publisher..Finally, we report here that the steady-state protein level of Pax8 is controlled by sumoylation. ..
- Isticato R, Pelosi A, Zilh o R, Baccigalupi L, Henriques A, De Felice M, et al. CotC-CotU heterodimerization during assembly of the Bacillus subtilis spore coat. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:1267-75 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CotH is required to protect both CotU and CotC in the mother cell compartment of the sporangium and that CotE is needed to allow their assembly and subsequent interaction at the spore surface...
- Giordano E, Peluso I, Rendina R, Digilio A, Furia M. The clot gene of Drosophila melanogaster encodes a conserved member of the thioredoxin-like protein superfamily. Mol Genet Genomics. 2003;268:692-7 pubmed..We suggest that the Clot protein is an essential component of a glutathione redox system required for the final step in the biosynthetic pathway for drosopterins. ..
- Andrenacci D, Grimaldi M, Panetta V, Riano E, Rugarli E, Graziani F. Functional dissection of the Drosophila Kallmann's syndrome protein DmKal-1. BMC Genet. 2006;7:47 pubmed..These analyses also suggest that the FnIII repeats have a main and specific role, while the WAP domain might have only a modulator role, strictly connected to that of the fibronectins. ..
- Villaescusa J, Allard P, Carminati E, Kontogiannea M, Talarico D, Blasi F, et al. Clast4, the murine homologue of human eIF4E-Transporter, is highly expressed in developing oocytes and post-translationally modified at meiotic maturation. Gene. 2006;367:101-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that Clast4, similar to Drosophila Cup, may act at the translational level during murine female germ-line development. ..
- Di Fiore A, Truppo E, Supuran C, Alterio V, Dathan N, Bootorabi F, et al. Crystal structure of the C183S/C217S mutant of human CA VII in complex with acetazolamide. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010;20:5023-6 pubmed publisher..These crystallographic studies provide important implications for the rational drug design of selective CA inhibitors with clinical applications. ..
- Hediger M, Henggeler C, Meier N, Perez R, Saccone G, Bopp D. Molecular characterization of the key switch F provides a basis for understanding the rapid divergence of the sex-determining pathway in the housefly. Genetics. 2010;184:155-70 pubmed publisher..For instance, while sex determination in a close relative, the tsetse fly Glossina morsitans, differs at the level of the instructive signal, we find that its tra ortholog, Gmtra, is regulated in a mode similar to that of Mdtra. ..
- Bassi M, Manzoni M, Monti E, Pizzo M, Ballabio A, Borsani G. Cloning of the gene encoding a novel integral membrane protein, mucolipidin-and identification of the two major founder mutations causing mucolipidosis type IV. Am J Hum Genet. 2000;67:1110-20 pubmed..Mucolipidin is likely to play an important role in endocytosis...
- Masullo M, Arcari P, de Paola B, Parmeggiani A, Bocchini V. Psychrophilic elongation factor Tu from the antarctic Moraxella sp. Tac II 25: biochemical characterization and cloning of the encoding gene. Biochemistry. 2000;39:15531-9 pubmed..coli and Thermus thermophilus EF-Tu equal to 84% and 74%, respectively, while the identity with EF-1 alpha from the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus was equal to 32%. ..
- Tarallo R, Carberry T, Falanga A, Vitiello M, Galdiero S, Galdiero M, et al. Dendrimers functionalized with membrane-interacting peptides for viral inhibition. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:521-34 pubmed publisher..These results show that the functionalization of a dendrimer with the peptide sequence derived from an HSV glycoprotein shows promising inhibitory activity towards viruses of the Herpesviridae family. ..
- Bruni P, Minopoli G, Brancaccio T, Napolitano M, Faraonio R, Zambrano N, et al. Fe65, a ligand of the Alzheimer's beta-amyloid precursor protein, blocks cell cycle progression by down-regulating thymidylate synthase expression. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35481-8 pubmed
- Pane A, Salvemini M, Delli Bovi P, Polito C, Saccone G. The transformer gene in Ceratitis capitata provides a genetic basis for selecting and remembering the sexual fate. Development. 2002;129:3715-25 pubmed..We propose that this repression is achieved by the Y-linked male-determining factor (M). ..