Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on micrornas in Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy
Locale: Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy
- MatÃ R, Palladino C, Nicolosi M, Lo Presti A, Malaguarnera R, Ragusa M, et al. IGF-I induces upregulation of DDR1 collagen receptor in breast cancer cells by suppressing MIR-199a-5p through the PI3K/AKT pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:7683-700 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this signaling pathway may represent an important target for breast cancers with over-activation of the IGF-IR axis. ..
- Curcio A, Torella D, Iaconetti C, Pasceri E, Sabatino J, Sorrentino S, et al. MicroRNA-1 downregulation increases connexin 43 displacement and induces ventricular tachyarrhythmias in rodent hypertrophic hearts. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70158 pubmed publisher..Treatment of pressure overload-induced myocyte hypertrophy reduces the risk of life-threatening VT by normalizing miR-1 expression levels with the consequent stabilization of Cx43 expression and activity within the gap junction. ..
- Fiume G, Rossi A, Di Salle E, Spatuzza C, Mallardo M, Scala G, et al. Computational analysis and in vivo validation of a microRNA encoded by the IBTK gene, a regulator of B-lymphocytes differentiation and survival. Comput Biol Chem. 2009;33:434-9 pubmed publisher..By CLUSTALW-based analysis, pre-miR-IBTK3 homologues were found in Pan troglodytes, Pongo pygmaeus and Macaca mulatta, suggesting an evolutionary conserved function in primates. ..
- Leone E, Morelli E, Di Martino M, Amodio N, Foresta U, Gullà A, et al. Targeting miR-21 inhibits in vitro and in vivo multiple myeloma cell growth. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:2096-106 pubmed publisher..Our findings show the first evidence that in vivo antagonism of miR-21 exerts anti-multiple myeloma activity, providing the rationale for clinical development of miR-21 inhibitors in this still incurable disease. ..
- Rossi M, Pitari M, Amodio N, Di Martino M, Conforti F, Leone E, et al. miR-29b negatively regulates human osteoclastic cell differentiation and function: implications for the treatment of multiple myeloma-related bone disease. J Cell Physiol. 2013;228:1506-15 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data indicate that enforced expression of miR-29b impairs OCL differentiation and overcomes OCL activation triggered by MM cells, providing a rationale for miR-29b-based treatment of MM-related BD. ..
- Amodio N, Di Martino M, Foresta U, Leone E, Lionetti M, Leotta M, et al. miR-29b sensitizes multiple myeloma cells to bortezomib-induced apoptosis through the activation of a feedback loop with the transcription factor Sp1. Cell Death Dis. 2012;3:e436 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that miR-29b is involved in a regulatory loop amenable of pharmacologic intervention and modulates the anti-MM activity of bortezomib in MM cells. ..
- Amodio N, Leotta M, Bellizzi D, Di Martino M, D Aquila P, Lionetti M, et al. DNA-demethylating and anti-tumor activity of synthetic miR-29b mimics in multiple myeloma. Oncotarget. 2012;3:1246-58 pubmed
- Iaconetti C, Polimeni A, Sorrentino S, Sabatino J, Pironti G, Esposito G, et al. Inhibition of miR-92a increases endothelial proliferation and migration in vitro as well as reduces neointimal proliferation in vivo after vascular injury. Basic Res Cardiol. 2012;107:296 pubmed publisher..These data provide the first evidence that inhibition of miR-92a may represent a novel strategy to improve endothelial regeneration and reduce restenosis after vascular injury. ..
- Torella D, Iaconetti C, Catalucci D, Ellison G, Leone A, Waring C, et al. MicroRNA-133 controls vascular smooth muscle cell phenotypic switch in vitro and vascular remodeling in vivo. Circ Res. 2011;109:880-93 pubmed publisher..Our data show that miR-133 is a key regulator of vascular smooth muscle cell phenotypic switch in vitro and in vivo, suggesting its potential therapeutic application for vascular diseases. ..