Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on tumor cell line in Bari, Apulia, Italy
Locale: Bari, Apulia, Italy
Topic: tumor cell line
- Margiotta N, Bergamo A, Sava G, Padovano G, De Clercq E, Natile G. Antiviral properties and cytotoxic activity of platinum(II) complexes with 1,10-phenanthrolines and acyclovir or penciclovir. J Inorg Biochem. 2004;98:1385-90 pubmed..The greater cytotoxicity of compounds with Me(2)phen may result from a higher reactivity towards cellular components, such as glutathione, which could cause release of the diimine, known to be highly cytotoxic. ..
- Colabufo N, Berardi F, Perrone R, Rapposelli S, Digiacomo M, Vanni M, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of (hetero)arylmethyloxy- and arylmethylamine-phenyl derivatives as potent P-glycoprotein modulating agents. J Med Chem. 2008;51:1415-22 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that only the amino derivatives 23- 27 displayed moderate BCRP inhibition activity...
- Mazzocca A, Fransvea E, Lavezzari G, Antonaci S, Giannelli G. Inhibition of transforming growth factor beta receptor I kinase blocks hepatocellular carcinoma growth through neo-angiogenesis regulation. Hepatology. 2009;50:1140-51 pubmed publisher..Finally, LY2109761 does not show significant effects on physiological angiogenetic development. These data support the rationale for targeting TGF-beta signaling in patients with HCC. ..
- Polimeno L, Pesetti B, Lisowsky T, Iannone F, Resta L, Giorgio F, et al. Protective effect of augmenter of liver regeneration on hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cells. Free Radic Res. 2009;43:865-75 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate that Alrp improves SH-SY5Y cells survival in H(2)O(2)-induced apoptosis. It is speculated that this effect could be related to the Alrp enzymatic activity. ..
- Lefkimmiatis K, Caratozzolo M, Merlo P, D Erchia A, Navarro B, Levrero M, et al. p73 and p63 sustain cellular growth by transcriptional activation of cell cycle progression genes. Cancer Res. 2009;69:8563-71 pubmed publisher..The elevated concentrations of p73 and p63 found in many cancers could cause the aberrant activation of cell growth progression genes and therefore contribute to cancer initiation or progression under certain conditions. ..
- Colucci S, Brunetti G, Mori G, Oranger A, Centonze M, Mori C, et al. Soluble decoy receptor 3 modulates the survival and formation of osteoclasts from multiple myeloma bone disease patients. Leukemia. 2009;23:2139-46 pubmed publisher..The production of DcR3 by T lymphocytes confers these cells a role in the pathogenesis of bone disease associated with MM. ..
- Fransvea E, Mazzocca A, Antonaci S, Giannelli G. Targeting transforming growth factor (TGF)-betaRI inhibits activation of beta1 integrin and blocks vascular invasion in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2009;49:839-50 pubmed publisher..TGF-beta1 promotes vascular invasion by activating beta1 integrin. This suggests a rationale for targeting TGF-betaRI in future clinical trials. ..
- Intini F, Boccarelli A, Francia V, Pacifico C, Sivo M, Natile G, et al. Platinum complexes with imino ethers or cyclic ligands mimicking imino ethers: synthesis, in vitro antitumour activity, and DNA interaction properties. J Biol Inorg Chem. 2004;9:768-80 pubmed..This study demonstrates that ligand configuration modulates the activity of both trans and cis compounds, and supports the development of platinum drugs based on their coordination chemistry to combat cisplatin resistance. ..
- Ribatti D, Vacca A, Rusnati M, Presta M. The discovery of basic fibroblast growth factor/fibroblast growth factor-2 and its role in haematological malignancies. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2007;18:327-34 pubmed..This review describes its history, as well as its role in tumor angiogenesis associated with haematological malignancies, as traced by the main contributions to the international medical literature. ..
- Colabufo N, Berardi F, Abate C, Contino M, Niso M, Perrone R. Is the sigma2 receptor a histone binding protein?. J Med Chem. 2006;49:4153-8 pubmed..1 histone (SwissProt accession number: P16403). These results disclosed a dual hypothesis about the sigma(2) receptor, that is, that it is formed by histones or that the sigma(2) ligands also bind histone proteins...
- Cardone R, Bagorda A, Bellizzi A, Busco G, Guerra L, Paradiso A, et al. Protein kinase A gating of a pseudopodial-located RhoA/ROCK/p38/NHE1 signal module regulates invasion in breast cancer cell lines. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3117-27 pubmed
- Paradiso A, Cardone R, Bellizzi A, Bagorda A, Guerra L, Tommasino M, et al. The Na+-H+ exchanger-1 induces cytoskeletal changes involving reciprocal RhoA and Rac1 signaling, resulting in motility and invasion in MDA-MB-435 cells. Breast Cancer Res. 2004;6:R616-28 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the reported antagonistic roles of RhoA and Rac1 in cell motility/invasion and cytoskeletal organization may be due, in part, to their concerted action on NHE1 activity as a convergence point. ..
- Virgintino D, Errede M, Girolamo F, Capobianco C, Robertson D, Vimercati A, et al. Fetal blood-brain barrier P-glycoprotein contributes to brain protection during human development. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2008;67:50-61 pubmed
- Cardone R, Bellizzi A, Busco G, Weinman E, Dell Aquila M, Casavola V, et al. The NHERF1 PDZ2 domain regulates PKA-RhoA-p38-mediated NHE1 activation and invasion in breast tumor cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1768-80 pubmed..We conclude that NHERF1 overexpression enhances the invasive phenotype in breast cancer cells, both alone and in synergy with exposure to the tumor microenvironment, via the coordination of PKA-gated RhoA/p38 signaling. ..
- Quaranta M, Coviello M, Daniele A, Abbate I, Durrant L, Paradiso A, et al. MUC3 and MCA serum levels and steroid receptor content in breast cancer. Int J Biol Markers. 2004;19:109-14 pubmed..Our results suggest that further investigations are necessary to establish whether progesterone can modulate MUC3 and MCA expression in breast cancer...